SpiceJet

"wonderful SpiceJet flight "

It was a wonderful SpiceJet flight with a low fare from Dubai to Madurai. I appreciated the acptain for this too. The cabin was neat and tidy and the cabin crew was really good, especially a stewardess who was bubbling with energy throughout the four hours. She was full of positive energy with a smile and readiness to serve. It ws great flight.
RouteDubai to Madurai
Date FlownNovember 2015

SpiceJet customer review

I was travelling SpiceJet from Pune to Dubai last week. They had clearly stated in the information card that we can pay for the items in the menu using the Indian Currency or the destination currency. Since I didnt have much of Rupees i decided to pay in Dirhams. I offered 100 AED for an item of 15AED. They said they didnt have change so I had to skip dinner. They also didnt have most of the items shown in the menu card. There was no TV in the flight which made it boring.
RoutePNQ to DXB
Date FlownOctober 2015

"Very bad customer service"

Although SpiceJet claims it is low cost, the fare is more as they are monopoly in this sector. My problem this time is non receipt of baggage in Dubai. After checking with the Lost baggage office, they show us a list of passengers whose baggage were offloaded. There was no airline staff to guide stranded passengers. We came to know that 25 bags were offloaded. After filing the lost baggage complaint, there was no way to reach SpiceJet office to arrange delivery in Abu Dhabi the next day. Finally reached them in their India toll free number. However they were not willing to deliver in Abu Dhabi. Finally I had to make arrangement to collect from Dubai airport. Their customer service was very poor. Very bad customer service. Only trying to increase their revenue at all cost.
RouteMadurai to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2015

SpiceJet customer review

I took the SpiceJet flight from Chennai to Kolkata. Boarding was on time but flight was delayed a bit and started running 15 mins late. Anyway that didn't matter because it reached Kolkata on time. The seats onboard were comfortable., and the food was okay. Overall was a nice flight.
RouteChennai to Kolkata

SpiceJet customer review

Booked on this airline month a ago to fly Chennai to Hyderabad. Airline cancelled the flight without providing valid reason and did not offer any acceptable alternative. Did not accommodate on an earlier flight even though there was a scheduled flight. Offered refund at such short notice and had to buy another ticket at a premium (5 times the cost originally paid). No apologies and ordinary people like me feel trapped.
RouteChennai to Hyderabad

SpiceJet customer review

My experience on SpiceJet was the worst I have ever had. It started off right from Dubai airport at check-in. My flight was meant to depart at 23:10hrs. The display said 23:10 when we entered the queue and within minutes the display for Delhi departure turned to 02:20hrs. A member of the ground staff came to the queue and announced all Delhi passengers to leave the queue as the Delhi check-in had been closed - no reason was given. So my son and I left the queue and sat down in the waiting area. After about 45 minutes we asked another member of staff and we were told the check-in had re-opened - no announcement had been made though. After check-in I contemplated returning home and coming back 2.5 hours later - when I asked how I can get accurate flight status I was told it is best to hang around at the airport. Even the SpiceJet website would not give up to date information as the delay was owing to incoming flight being diverted to Mumbai. So we decided to stay on airport. The flight was further delayed to 03:30hrs. After an uncomfortably long wait we finally boarded. Everyone was tired and the cabin lights were dimmed after take-off. I thought I should use the washroom before settling down. To my horror I found there was no soap or hand towels. When I asked the cabin crew they said "sorry madam, it is finished. This flight was diverted to Mumbai and the aircraft was not serviced in Dubai so we have run out of supplies". I returned to my seat and tried to get some sleep. The rest of the flight was uneventful but devoid of service of any kind. There was no drinks and snacks, even though it is meant to be a paid service. Not even water was offered to the passengers - only those who asked got it. At one point I woke up and went to the galley to ask for water and the air hostesses were asleep! Unacceptable standards of service. Agreed SpiceJet is a budget airline but even so there is something called professionalism which was totally lacking here. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to my return flight.
RouteDubai to Delhi

SpiceJet customer review

Considering the cost of our tickets we weren't expecting too much, however SpiceJet were perfectly adequate for the 2 hour flight. I found the seats comfortable although my much taller partner found them to be cramped (as we hadn't opted to pay extra for the extra leg room). Both ground crew and flight attendants were friendly. The most important part though was that the flight departed on time, arrived on time and our checked baggage made it.
RouteKolkata to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2015

SpiceJet customer review

Very bad experience on flight SG 3309 from Chennai to Bangalore 21 May 2015. 1) Asked twice for an air sickness bag but not provided with one until the end of our journey. 2) They did not switch on the air-conditioning properly - everyone was complaining. 3) The bus for transfer from the gate to airplane was very hot and they stopped near the plane for more than 10 minutes. 4) Airplane was not cleaned properly.

SpiceJet customer review

Travelled on 3rd March 2015 to DEL-KOCHI and KOCHI-DEL on 8th March 2015. DEL-Kochi was a pleasant journey. As it's a low cost airline there was no inflight entertainment. We had opted for pre-booked meal options but we've got SMS that food will not be served. When enquired with the cabin crew they didn't have any concrete answers. Anyway flight landed on time. Kochi-DEL. Flight was scheduled to leave at 7pm from Kochi but delayed by 1.5-2 hrs. It was scheduled to stop at Mumbai but changed to Hyderabad. At Hyderabad no one was sure whether we continue in the same flight or change planes. After 10-20 mins we learnt that we needed to get on another plane. Again we got the message that meals are not available in the flight and even no water bottle given to us in all the flights. I am not sure why they still have the meal option on their website. In terms of ticket pricing rates are cheaper than other airlines but it doesn't matter if they are not able to provide the basic things.

SpiceJet customer review

SG105 DEL-IXZ (Port Blair Andaman Islands) via Kolkata. On time on the way to IXZ. Staff were pretty helpful. Free water bottles distributed during layover in CCU. They do not let you out of the aircraft during a layover. Food options available were pretty poor. They did not have most of the things printed on the menu. On the return leg the flight was on time to CCU from Port Blair. However there was a delay in CCU due to some mechanical failure. Had to wait it out at the airport. SpiceJet has an on time guarantee service. A few days later we received a complimentary RS.500 coupon to avail on spice jet flights. Overall pretty professionally handled delay.