Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

I flew with them last month between Las Vegas and Orange County. I have to say for a budget airline they include hold bags in their ticket price a free non-alcoholic beverage and a bag of peanuts that's more our European equivalents offer. A very comfortable leather seat with generous leg room and nice flight attendants. Checking in at the airport without my confirmation number to hand was easier than I first thought. The check in agent picked up on the fact I was not a non U.S citizen and checked us in.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I flew from Boston to Baltimore on Aug 28 aboard a 737-700. Great experience all around. All staff friendly and helpful. Plane was clean seats in good shape. Very comfortable seats. All pax had arrived at the gate early so we boarded and pushed back almost 15 minutes early so of course we arrived early. Short easy flight but they still offered complementary peanuts and soda water or juice. This plane was Row 44 WiFi equipped so it was available for $5. I didn't try it because it was just a 55 minute flight. I had a great experience with Southwest no hesitation to fly them again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

ORF-CLE with a stopover at Chicago Midway. On the first leg of the journey it was a Boeing 737-700 and the flight attendants were fun to be around. Leather seats were nice and comfy and the drinks were good. They even gave out complimentary bags of peanuts which most airlines don't do any more. On the flight to Cleveland it was a 737-300 which was older but nice we got peanuts again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I have been on 6 flights in two days and all flights have been top notch. Take off on time arrive early. Boarding fast and hassle free. The gate staff are nice as are flight crew. I am really impressed and highly recommend SWA.

Southwest Airlines customer review

LAX-MDW-IAD-TUC-LAX. First the bad - 4 hour delay at Midway and only found out about it after peering into gate agents screen. Line-up by numbers worked well and even with a C 10 we managed to get a window seat (at the back). Snacks quite good and booze cheap. On the 4 hour delay flight (to IAD) there were only around 20 of us left and FA's did their level best to help us all out and make us comfortable. I think they were on the 12th hour of a long day. Better than most US domestics in my opinion.

(Brazil)

ONT-OAK and later SMF-ONT. For the first flight we booked a 2-3 weeks in advance (unfortunately just as fares jumped as seemed to occur every few days) and paid the $10 "Early Bird" fee but still had numbers in the low 40s. So no chance of bulkhead or emergency row. Did better on the second flight and managed to get first row bulkhead seats. Free drinks but only a cup (you don't get the can). Flights were pretty much on time.

Southwest Airlines customer review

My family and I were given apparent "seat numbers" on our tickets which actually just mean the order in which you line up at the gate and the seating was actually open (and poorly organized I might add). I did not purchase the tickets personally and did not know about the open seating policy so I thought someone was in my seat and told a flight attendant about it. She stared at me like I was crazy. It took me quite a while to find a seat on the plane and neither my wife nor myself could sit with our very young daughter in the end. Before the return flight my wife had to get something out of her luggage so we asked an employee if she could get it for her. The woman rolled her eyes at us and scoffed before calling someone to get our luggage. The problem with this airline didn't end there. We waited an hour at baggage claim before they finally started loading bags onto the carousels. Fly with Southwest if you like inefficiency.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Poor customer service. Daughters first solo flight a disaster. San Diego to Denver to Pittsburgh (no plane change just a stop in Denver). Got to Denver early then delays left hour and 20 minutes late. Get to Pittsburgh not only did her luggage not make it but neither did some other passengers. Filed report. They said they'd call when luggage found no phone call from them. Went to San Diego airport (40 minute trip one way plus parking for a second time) to see if luggage here. No luck.

Southwest Airlines customer review

MCO-PHL return. Flight to PHL was only 15 minutes late leaving after posting a two-hour delay. The return left on time. Two free checked bags a cup of soda and snacks plus overhead comedy via funny flight attendants. My only qualm is the boarding; had A positions but on the flight to Orlando a large group (who were holding C) blocked the path to the gate and wouldn't move and the gate agent just let us walk around them instead of asking them to move. As the gate area was crowded this cause some problems getting to the check-in desk. But overall not bad.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Flew between Denver and Salt Lake City. Crew were funny and helpful telling jokes during most public announcements. Plane arrived on time and was much cheaper as an option than other airlines. The only criticism I had was you must have your booking reference to hand if you go to the desk for check in as they don't appear to have it "in the system" if you just give them your name but this may have changed.