Southwest Airlines

Southwest Airlines customer review

Most recently I flew round trip from Bradley in Hartford CT to BWI. Southwest is definitely a mixed bag. I guess if you have a small barking dog it's great for you. Unfortunately if you are stuck on the plane in the vicinity of this yapping dog which yapped incessantly for the entire flight it's not so great. If you were lucky enough to get an "A" ticket that's wonderful but if you end up with "C" like I did that means you are forced to fend for yourself to try and find space in the overstuffed overhead bins. Since I don't check baggage and can never seem to be lucky enough to get an "A" ticket I'll only fly Southwest out of sheer necessity. It's always a free-for-all stampede of confusion-in this case the flight was overbooked so you've got people milling about unsure what's up. The space for standing in line for the flight is ludicrous since the line is largely ignored by most-like standing in line at the movie theatre for tickets-all of a sudden people just happen to show up to join their party and cut in front of you without an excuse me or any kind of courtesy whatsoever. Flying on Southwest is like getting on a bus-no assigned seats. You definitely feel like part of the herd only difference is you do get a couple of packages of peanuts and a cold drink from a smiling flight attendant.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I travel from the Washington area to Denver several times a year. Previously I used United but I am increasingly using Southwest. The flights are cheaper and the quality of service is higher. My only complaint about Southwest is that the seat could have used a little more padding. I realize delays due to weather or other problems occur but United lies about the cause.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Flew round-trip SJC-LAS-SJC outbound on Sep 11 (flight 328) returning on Sep 14 (flight 259). The outbound flight was delayed 4 hours. Initially we had to wait for a couple of hours due to bad weather in LAS. That issue is not the airline's responsibility of course. However after we were told that LAS airport was open again we were delayed by about an hour because staff were not able to match the people on board with their passenger manifest. Cabin crew went through the cabin 3 times counting the number of passengers. A ground staff member went through the plane and checked our ID's one by one. Passengers were getting irritated as the clock ticked. Eventually they figured out that 1) a passenger made it into the plane without turning in a boarding pass and 2) a passenger was now without ID because the ground person checking the ID's left the aircraft with the ID and did not return it to the passenger. / Overall I think it was "nicely done under the circumstances" but the ground/gate agent(s) made things harder for the passengers and the cabin crew. The return flight from LAS to SJC was uneventful. The airfare was substantially cheaper than their competition and service was nice once we got airborne. I still recommend SWA to my friends and relatives for short non-stop trips.

Southwest Airlines customer review

LAX-OAK on a 737-300. Even though the flight was under an hour they gave us a free soft drink as well as a snack. Flight attendants good. Got good value for money flights very cheap and bags were free.

Southwest Airlines customer review

Flew SW from Denver to Philadelphia on 7 September. Flight was delayed by an hour due to weather in the Philadelphia area but we were kept informed of changes which was good. Boarding was nowhere near as stressful as I imagined (compared to the UK low cost carriers) and managed to get a window seat. Seats are very comfortable with adequate legroom certainly as much as any other airline in economy. Crew were very friendly and attentive throughout the flight. Free soft drinks and as many snacks as you wanted were given out though no IFE. This flight had WI-FI which was good. Overall a pretty good flight which I would happily do again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I flew with them last month between Las Vegas and Orange County. I have to say for a budget airline they include hold bags in their ticket price a free non-alcoholic beverage and a bag of peanuts that's more our European equivalents offer. A very comfortable leather seat with generous leg room and nice flight attendants. Checking in at the airport without my confirmation number to hand was easier than I first thought. The check in agent picked up on the fact I was not a non U.S citizen and checked us in.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I flew from Boston to Baltimore on Aug 28 aboard a 737-700. Great experience all around. All staff friendly and helpful. Plane was clean seats in good shape. Very comfortable seats. All pax had arrived at the gate early so we boarded and pushed back almost 15 minutes early so of course we arrived early. Short easy flight but they still offered complementary peanuts and soda water or juice. This plane was Row 44 WiFi equipped so it was available for $5. I didn't try it because it was just a 55 minute flight. I had a great experience with Southwest no hesitation to fly them again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

ORF-CLE with a stopover at Chicago Midway. On the first leg of the journey it was a Boeing 737-700 and the flight attendants were fun to be around. Leather seats were nice and comfy and the drinks were good. They even gave out complimentary bags of peanuts which most airlines don't do any more. On the flight to Cleveland it was a 737-300 which was older but nice we got peanuts again.

Southwest Airlines customer review

I have been on 6 flights in two days and all flights have been top notch. Take off on time arrive early. Boarding fast and hassle free. The gate staff are nice as are flight crew. I am really impressed and highly recommend SWA.

Southwest Airlines customer review

LAX-MDW-IAD-TUC-LAX. First the bad - 4 hour delay at Midway and only found out about it after peering into gate agents screen. Line-up by numbers worked well and even with a C 10 we managed to get a window seat (at the back). Snacks quite good and booze cheap. On the 4 hour delay flight (to IAD) there were only around 20 of us left and FA's did their level best to help us all out and make us comfortable. I think they were on the 12th hour of a long day. Better than most US domestics in my opinion.