Somon Air

Somon Air customer review

Review by (United States)

FRA-DYU-FRA. I was a little dubious about this airline but both flights were on time and in a new 737-900 aircraft. FRA-DYU was six hours had a basic dinner and soft drink service (no alcohol) and sandwich before arrival. Crew passed out thick blankets but no pillows. No IFE either. DYU-FRA left at 3 am Tajik time no food service on an overnight flight. I would fly again because of convenience it's hard to get to Dushanbe.
Cabin FlownEconomy

Somon Air customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

DYU to FRA: Somon Air flights are very difficult to book outside Tajikstan so although their flight times suited me I ended up booking my outbound flight to Tajikstan with Turkish Air. I did manage to book my return flight with some local help whilst in Tajikstan and was pleasantly surprised. Aircraft was a new Boeing 737-900 flight was comfortable and the cabin crew very good. There were only approx 60 passengers on the flight which is probably more to do with the problems booking rather than the quality of their service. There is no TV IFE but as most of the Somon Air flights are through the night this wasn't a problem. I wouldn't put anyone off flying with Somon Air but they really do need to offer flight booking outside Tajikstan with the major travel agents in order to be competitive.
Cabin FlownEconomy