Top 100 Airlines

SmartWings

"worst experience of an airline"

Prague to London Gatwick. The worst experience of an airline I have had, check in is only allowed 30 hours beforehand, and there's no way to pre-pay for baggage, so you must pay the exorbitant fee of £7 per kg. I would never willingly book such a terrible airline but was scammed into it by the equally awful Expedia.
RoutePRG to LGW

"a dismal experience"

Verified Review | London Gatwick t0 Prague with SmartWings. Useless. Online check in not working because it's a code-share. Huge queue - two staff. No time for breakfast. Seat already booked - had to ask firmly for it to be changed. Very unimpressive. They were also very inflexible about the cabin baggage. I don't think that they understand that we're customers not cattle. Never again, a dismal experience.

"Terrible, terrible company"

London Gatwick to Prague, and possibly the worst airline ever! Not only were we on the noisiest lager lout flight in history, but a couple weeks before we flew they changed the date of our return which meant missing out on organised outings while we were away. When I tried to get compensation for this I was completely ignored. I got the CAA involved and a year later they still have not been responded to either. Customer service - zero! Terrible, terrible company which I will never use again - I'd rather walk.
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"never flying SmartWings again"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Prague, and never flying with SmartWings again, The ticket was sold to us by Czech Airlines and the flight number is an OK flight codeone so we did not realize it was a Smartwings flight. The baggage allowance is only 15 kg you have to buy every kilogram extra and to take your tennis rackets with you you have to apply for an approval two days before the flight - you cannot do online check in. Everything is difficult and a nightmare to arrange and they keep telling you that you should have read about all of this in their terms and conditions - never flying with them again.

"room for improvement"

Flew SmartWings from Madrid Prague. Boarded the aircraft and was greeted by a nice older gentleman (flight crew). I was a bit apprehensive when boarded as the plane appeared very old and inside really required a bit of a clean. Arrived at my seat and was actually not that surprised to find left over chips and a lettuce leaf. Cleaned this myself, then sat down by the window. It was very hot inside the plane, and we waited as one pax did not show so luggage had to be removed from the hold. Finally ready, the safety demonstration starts, I'm expecting the flight crew to take their positions - but no one around, the flight crew seriously disappeared. The safety video says 'We will now show you the emergency exits of this aircraft', still no crew anywhere. Furthermore I was sitting behind the over wing exits, the crew did not instruct any of the pax in those seats what to do in case of an emergency. Despite this the crew came through the cabin once on a 2 hour and 40 minute flight - same older gentleman, he was pleasant enough, the lady working with him looked annoyed and it was obvious she wasn't happy for some reason. I felt this was a very low low Budget Airline and it showed. Lot's of room for improvement though.
RouteMAD to PRG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"recommend the airline"

(Greece)

We booked a ticket with Czech Airlines from Dubai to Prague and we were told we will fly with SmartWings. The ticket price was too hard to refuse so we went for it, the website was a bit confusing on luggage and food/entertainment. Great check in service and aircraft, wonderful crew and service. There was warm food, drinks, some Czech movies on small drop down cabin screen and an on time experience. Highly recommend the airline.
RouteDXB to PRG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"pleasantly surprised with SmartWings"

(Philippines)

SmartWings from Prague to Dubai. A budget airline, the service was great. For our six-hour flight, we were served two meals and one coffee break. The staff also served us water. In-flight entertainment / current location were also available. I would fly SmartWings again if I'm in the area.
RoutePRG to DXB

"I would recommend"

I flew SmartWings with my wife and 2 kids from Dubai to Prague. The flights were on time on both sectors, and service was good. The flights were packed, hence the issue of overhead luggage space. They served hot meals on both flights with drinks and chocolate. The crew was co-operative and nice, I would recommend this airline.
RouteDubai to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Overall a good impression"

(Czech Republic)

Return charter flight with SmartWings (PRG - RMF 14 days earlier was on A320). Arrived exactly on time in Prague. No entertainment but the route display was informative. Does not feel like a budget airline, aircraft was clean and well presented. Small tasty hot meal and soft drink provided free, others for sale. Coffee (Nescafe) was nice and strong and provided with a small biscuit. Cabin service was efficient and friendly despite the early morning start. Overall a good impression.
RouteMarsa Alam to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2015

SmartWings customer review

My experience with SmartWings from Dubai to Prague return was good. Both the flights were on time and everything went on very smooth. The flight crew were helpful, They provide a meal on the flight with drinks and before landing they give chocolates. They provide blanket and pillow and Legroom was enough. TBoeing 737-800 with passenger information display overhead. It doesn’t look like a budget airline. I paid 296 euros for the return trip and within this price the services were fantastic. Both the flights were only one third full, so I got a good nap at the back. I itely recommend this airline to anyone going to Prague from Dubai.
RouteDubai to Prague