SmartWings

Review by (United States) 29th July 2014

I booked a round Prague-Venice trip on Smart Wings. Based on my experience and from several reviews I've read do not be surprised if: 1) Your flight is routinely 10 hours late. 2) The plane itself looks (and flies) as though it was discarded by another airline because it was well past its prime. 3) The plane doesn't make stops where the itinerary indicated it would make stops. 4) There isn't anyone at the airport who represents this airline who can answer questions or help you until the very last minute. 5) You have difficulty confirming your flight and often don't find out about significant changes until scheduled departure date and time. This airline is very very cheap so if you have no money and lots and lots of time to burn in airports and no time-critical schedules to worry about at your destination go for it. However know in advance that this airline operates as though it sets its schedule and stops the morning of the flight and everything in advance is just a very rough estimate. We lost two full days of a relatively short trip in Europe thanks to them and they absolutely don't care. It's the most interesting business model I've ever observed and I'm shocked that they are still in business.

Review by (United States) 21st May 2014

I booked my flight in March for about $120 per person for a flight from Nice to Prague for July. Suddenly and without warning or my authorization or permission Smart Wings notifies Expedia they have canceled my reservation. I checked Expedia and Smart Wing's websites and the same flight was still available. I spoke with Smart Wings emailed them and the only response they gave me was that Expedia should refund my flights and I should re-book the flight at a much higher price that was now available. Expedia didn't help me much either but just told me that I should do what the airline suggested.
Seat Comfort N/A

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd September 2013

We travelled with Smart Wings to Tenerife recently only to have an 11hr delay outbound the plane was past its best to say the least. Unhelpful crew with mostly sour faces. The return journey wasn't much better we took off on time but ended up being diverted to Lyon due to another technical problem. Ended up with a two hr delay and change of plane. Definitely wouldn't fly with them again.

Review by (United States) 6th June 2012

I booked travel from Prague to Paris. The flight was "on time" when I checked in but then quickly became 2 hours late and actually left 2.5 hours late. No Smartwings personnel at the gate until about 30 minutes prior to departure and there were limited announcements. If you have been travelling internationally the Smartwings baggage allowances are less 15 kilos rather than 20 and a 30 Euro fee awaits those with baggage over the 15 kilo limit. At least the fare was inexpensive.

Review by (Cyprus) 16th June 2011

Rome-Prague return. Over New Year 2010-11. Both flights on time despite heavy snow in Prague. Plane was comfortable cabin and airport crew polite and helpful. Food acceptable. Only downside was that the plane did look a bit past its prime. Overall a good service for the price.

Review by (Ireland) 3rd April 2011

Travelled to Lanzarote from Dublin return and was extremely impressed. Both flights left on time and the staff were helpful and courteous.

Review by 12th January 2007

Prague to Rome FCO on Smartwings. When I booked the flight the cost was about 70 Euros and was advertised as a non-stop flight. Upon arrival at PRG airport we found out that the Venice flight had been combined with our flight as well. This meant an hour flight to Venice on the ground for about an hour then another 45 minute flight to FCO!

Review by 9th January 2007

I have flown with Smartwings between AMS-PRG and PRG-BRU several times this year. I was lucky enough to purchase each return trip for only 55EUR and considering that Smartwings offers a complimentary sandwich/soft drink service on all its flights the price per flight is a real bargain. As regards the a/c I should say that their B735 were looking rather old and outdated in the interior while the B738 with wear the mother company titles Travel Service were very modern clean and comfortable. Only downside of this airline is the punctuality. Four out of six flights were delayed and two of these four had at least a two hours delay.

Review by 27th December 2006

Prague to Venice. Unfortunately I didn't come across this website until the night prior to departure. Flight was delayed by 7 hours. As compensation I was given a voucher with sufficient value to buy a single muffin. During the delay there were no SmartWings staff available to advise of the expected delay. All the passengers could do was sit around and wait for the departure screens to be updated. This level disregard for one's customers is simply unfathomable. The flight was fine but what good is that when you can't get to your destination anywhere near the scheduled times. I will never fly this airline again and will be satisfied when they eventually go under as they undoubtedly will.

Review by 18th October 2006

I had the unfortunate pleasure of using Smart Wings to fly from Paris to Prague and from Prague to Milan (this was to catch another flight from Milan to Rome) and the service was terrible. Not only was the flight cancelled 4 weeks before the departure date (even though it was booked 9 months in advance) but then the only available flight was 9pm instead of 9am. This flight was then delayed by 2 hours. We were told at check in that it was delayed by 1 hour but no further announcement was made to inform us of the second hour delay. To compliment that the flight from Prague to Milan was cancelled all together but we only found out when we arrived for that flight. This caused us to miss a connecting flight and therefore saw us arrive in Rome 6 hours later than we should have.