SmartWings

"WiFi streaming available"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Hurghada. The check-in did not open until exactly 2 hours before departure. Then only 2 counters for our flight with over 200 pax. This caused the departure hall overcrowded with about 1000 people. As I boarded among the last passengers, upon entering the aircraft it was clearly visible, how packed it was. Got an exit seat 17F, which had a very good pitch, probably more than US domestic first classic. At regular seats the legroom seemed non-existent though. Seat itself narrow as on 737 can be, very short and lacking an armrest on the exit side. On-time departure. Shortly after take-off one and only cart service began with drinks and limited snacks for sale only. Ordered vodka orange, which was of a very good quality (Absolute miniature and 0,33l. of a 100% OJ). Staff stared at me upon requsting ice and it took them about 10 minutes to finally deliver it. Flight attendants seemed disinterested without a single smile. There are no personal nor any other screens. To my surprise an announcement, that there is a WiFi streaming available, was made approx. 30 minutes into the flight. Even without prelouded app there was a good selection of films and documentaries, no flight map though. My friend at back exit row seat was freezingly cold throughout the flight, while temperature over the wing was fine. A limited number of blankets and pillows was available, which I did not use. Flight otherwise uneventful, landed ahead of schedule with bags waiting for us (there was a generous 23kg allowance + 8kg carry-on, which was never Checked).
RoutePrague to Hurghada
Date FlownApril 2018

"Absolutely atrocious"

Trip Verified | Flew SmartWings from London Gatwick to Prague. Absolutely atrocious, do not fly this airline. I was due to fly for a holiday over the easter break. When I got to the airport they put me on standby. Then the plane was delayed by four hours. Then I was refused boarding due to overbooking. Have been trying to claim compensation but the claim form on their website doesn't work and no one replies to the emails.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2018

"waived my overweight bags"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Prague. They waived my overweight bags because I understood that I could take up to 23 kg without paying and I felt good that they trusted me and said that they'll waive my bags (usually you can only take up to 15 kg free). My flight was delayed with two hours (which is a common occurrence by SmartWings as I see in other reviews). But it was value for money as I only paid 52 pounds for the ticket (same day that I actually am flying). We didn't yet fly and I hope all will end well.
RouteGatwick to Prague
Date FlownApril 2018

"Poor value for money"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Flew SmartWings from Tel Aviv to Prague. Not recommended at all - stay away! Poor value for money. We paid $1,725 for 4 tickets and the flight was awful. Beginning with the seats - terrible and not comfortable at all (worse than a football stadium seat). They don't even serve a free cup of water on a 4 hour flight. Everything costs money and they won't take local currency on our flight back to Israel! Long delay (2 hours) on our way back from Prague to Tel-Aviv.
RouteTel Aviv to Prague
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Disappointing flexibility"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Prague. Disappointing flexibility in luggage weight. Didn't accept 2.5, offered to take some things out but they wouldn't even accept less overweight of checked in luggage. For a flight that cost 250-300+ euros that's quite stingy. I understand that you get what you pay for, but the staff wouldn't even accept half a kilo extra.
RouteTenerife to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2017

"one of the worst airlines"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Prague. So after few years I've decided to fly with Travel Service/Smart Wings again (won't do that for some time again). Since prices from Heathrow were too expensive on this date and I didn't want to fly from Stansted and I wanted it to fly in the evening there wasn't that many options to Prague, so I chose SmartWings. First plane arrived hour late, but with that problems only started. Than boarding started (much later), for some reason they had boarding in 3 sections (for 183 people), first people from back of the plane, I was in front, but when I went to tunnel people were still there, because for some reasons they needed to start boarding from front - they said because of balance of the aircraft, I fly a lot but this is first time I've heard this on boarding. So another delay, than after some time when crew wasn't able to count all the people on board we finally took off and landed hour and 20 minutes after we were scheduled. Than deboarding started and again for the first time in my life I've heard that, we were deboarding from back of the plane, so first people from the back, but using front sky bridge, which took another 20 minutes, so overall time was almost 2 hours and 1 hour is on lack of skills of this so call airline. Only positive is that you got check it baggage, but thats it, they also have wifi and seats were ok, but that won't compensate for all the other things. So unless I have too, I won't fly with them any time soon. I would say worst or one of the worst airlines in Europe!
RouteGatwick to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2017

"crew professional and efficient"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Marsa Alam to Prague. Aircraft was clean and looked new despite age. Departed on time, a small hot meal and drinks service was provided. Cabin crew professional and efficient. Seats proved hard after 3 or 4 hours but were bearable. We were warned in advance of a rough approach to Prague due to very strong winds. In reality this was the worst I have experienced in many flights but the flight crew handled it brilliantly.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteMarsa Alam to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2017

"isn't a very good airline"

(Slovakia)

Verified Review | Rhodes to Bratislava. It was normal night flight. The plane was quite old and dirty. We had a delay about 1 and half hour. Smartwings isn't a very good airline but this flight was good (I had very bad another flight with SmartWings before). We get tea, water or juice and sandwich.
RouteRhodes to Bratislava
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"worst flight experiences ever"

Verified Review | Prague to Dubrovnik. One of the worst flight experiences ever. Despite booking with Czech Airlines we were put on this code share with Smartwings out of Prague. We had extra bags and made plans in advance to handle those. I have Delta Gold Medallion but they would not honor that status for allowing an extra bag. We were charged $260 for excess baggage for a flight where both tickets were less than that amount. They would not honor Czech Airlines baggage conditions. The flight was less than one-quarter full and I can see why based on the level of customer service. Be sure any flights with Czech Airlines don't use this carrier.
RoutePrague to Dubrovnik
Date FlownOctober 2017

"abusive and capricious attitude"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Madrid to Prague. For me it's important to fly in a window seat, that's why I am always one of the first passengers to be in the check in queue. When I was checking in the staff insisted that I should check in my hand luggage, even if the weight and the mesures were perfect. I said no. Her revenge was simple, she told me no windows were available. Told her that was impossible because I was one of the first passengers to be attended, her answer "thats the low-cost rules", and "consider youself lucky because at least you go next to your wife". Later I knew that the choice of being in window or corridor was given to other passengers. My message is "Dont fly in smartwing if you like education. I had never seen such an abusive and capricious attitude from a professional. "You dont want to check in your hand luggage, you don't have a window".
RouteMadrid to Prague