SmartWings

"abusive and capricious attitude"

(Spain)

Verified Review | Madrid to Prague. For me it's important to fly in a window seat, that's why I am always one of the first passengers to be in the check in queue. When I was checking in the staff insisted that I should check in my hand luggage, even if the weight and the mesures were perfect. I said no. Her revenge was simple, she told me no windows were available. Told her that was impossible because I was one of the first passengers to be attended, her answer "thats the low-cost rules", and "consider youself lucky because at least you go next to your wife". Later I knew that the choice of being in window or corridor was given to other passengers. My message is "Dont fly in smartwing if you like education. I had never seen such an abusive and capricious attitude from a professional. "You dont want to check in your hand luggage, you don't have a window".
RouteMadrid to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2017

"value-for-money ratio is good"

Verified Review | Choose this flight to get to Tirana for a business trip because it corresponded perfectly with my scheduled meetings, and after reading some reviews I was really curious. On-line check-in without problems (flight operated under an OK-flight number), but without option to change the allocated seat. Swift boarding through passenger boarding bridge. Flight departed and arrived on time. Cabin was clean and tidy, staff friendly and professional. Seat was ok, legroom as well (compared to other LCC airlines and given the flight time of less than two hours), I am 1.87 m tall. Water was served complimentary, the choice of drinks and snacks available for purchase is o.k. Overall, nothing to complain about. The value-for-money ratio is good and if you don't need to work during the flight or expect to get spoiled it seems to be a good choice.
RoutePrague to Tirana
Date FlownJuly 2017

"the service is great"

Verified Review | Prague to Gatwick. After reading several bad reviews, I had extremely low expectations for Smartwings. Yes, their website is clunky and the online check-in experience could definitely use some work, but considering how much you pay for a flight, the service is great. Boarding was swift and problem-free, the seats are comfortable and there is a decent amount of legroom and unlike Easyjet and Ryanair, free water was handed out just before takeoff. Despite taking off 10 minutes late from Prague, we arrived on time at Gatwick and were given informative progress updates in both English and Czech throughout the flight.
RoutePrague to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2017

"gave me and my wife separated seats"

(Israel)

Verified Review | We had a flight from Teneriffe to Tel Aviv through Prague with SmartWings. For some reason we weren't able to check-in online but it was ok. What isn't ok is that you can't get tickets to all your connecting flights at the first airport and you need to check-in again at the connecting airports. We had short connection times (40 minutes "more than enough" according to SmartWings staff) so we ran to the transfer check-in area which was closed and the passport control told us to leave the transfer terminal. Just before the exit someone from our flight stopped us and told us that someone was waiting for us near the flight exit. Then this guy gave me and my wife separated seats and told us that there were no seats left. I saw people who were getting their tickets after us and were sitting together. It was the worst flying experience that I have had. It is not low cost.
RouteTenerife to Tel Aviv via Prague
Date FlownApril 2017

"option to take the jumpseat"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Barcelona. We flew on the Easter holiday, but on our way to BCN the flight was overbooked by 4 people, it was not a problem as we were volunteers, because we were given the option to fly 3 hours later plus compensation 200 euro each. But 30min before departure they told us that we can fly can fly on jumpseats for compensation of 50 euro each, which was not worth it, but as I am crew member for parent company I agreed. The jumpseats very extra uncomfortable, but it was new experience for my sister. The crew was nice to us and the flight was smooth and landed early. They will give you cup of water for free if you ask, everything else is paid so the service is OK. On the way back we flew with B737-900ER, which was very worn inside, my seat cover was ripped, seat pocket was not holding properly and there was constant air stream through windows shades and the crew seemed somehow stressed. However we landed on time a we get back OK so not much to grumble about. But be aware if you will be given the option to take the jumpseat as it will be get a lot uncomfortable after one hour of flight.
AircraftBoeing 737-800/900ER
RoutePrague to Barcelona
Date FlownApril 2017

"terrible customer attitude"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I was flying with SmartWings to Prague on June 19. My flight has been almost 5 hrs delayed and rather than midnight, we landed in Prague at almost 5am. Things like that can happen and this is why there is a regulation which protects the passengers and stipulate compensation in case of significant delay. I have requested to get compensated, but get no reaction from the airline. Therefore, I have forwarded my claim in registered letter on Sep 9th. Again, a radio silence. In January, I have made my claim through the web page of the company. No reaction! It is crystal clear, that SmartWings is simply ignoring not only the civilized business practices and displaying terrible customer attitude, but they also choose to disrespect the respective laws and regulation. And taking the conclusion never ever use SmartWings.
Date FlownJune 2016

"by far the worst experience"

Unverified | Gatwick to Prague. I have flown approximately 100 times in the past ten years but this was by far the worst experience. Six hour delay - fair enough, these things happen though ancient planes don't help - but a paltry £10 voucher, insufficient to buy any food while waiting and then a failure to even acknowledge two emails and one online message has made me so angry. The website says they will respond within 24 hours, but nothing. Most organisations can turn a negative into a positive through good communication and apologies = Smartwings do the opposite. I would like to score it 0/10 but there's a minimum score of one..
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Both ways the planes were late"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Prague return. Both ways the planes were late. Currently sitting in Prague Airport for 2 hours, changes the gates and still no plane. Service is terrible, online checking didn't work so I had to queue with everyone, where only two people where serving. In the plane we didn't get chance to buy a coffee because cabin staff haven't managed to serve all passengers before the landing. It was first time and the last time I will choose Smartwings.
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"a pleasant surprise"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | Prague to Podgorica. Flying with SmartWings was a pleasant surprise. I was able to choose seats at the check-in desk, as the online check-in wasn´t working for me. They were very benevolent with cabin baggage. Plane clean and new on the way to Podgorica (bit older on the way back), however the seats very pretty tiny but OK for short flights. Buy on Board service is for very reasonable prices and I love their ginger beer (3EUR). Overall I was pretty surprised as I read a lot of negative reviews here before. Also the value for money was pretty good as I had a return ticket for 120 EUR, which is pretty good for TGD airport.
RoutePrague to Podgorica
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"apologised for the inconvenience"

Verified Review | I would rectify my previous review explaining that after the helpdesk of SmartWings ignored my emails I finally received a response from the customer service, a few days later, who apologised for the inconvenience and allowed me to carry my cat in the cabin. I had big trouble in the meantime trying to find an alternative solution and the customer service response literally saved my life. Currently I hold a confirmation of the reservation for my cat travelling in the cabin and as a compensation, SmartWings allowed me to carry 5kg extra in my hold baggage. This was the best possible solution and I am very grateful.
RouteSTN to PRG