Best Cabin Crew

SmartWings

"recommend the airline"

(Greece)

We booked a ticket with Czech Airlines from Dubai to Prague and we were told we will fly with SmartWings. The ticket price was too hard to refuse so we went for it, the website was a bit confusing on luggage and food/entertainment. Great check in service and aircraft, wonderful crew and service. There was warm food, drinks, some Czech movies on small drop down cabin screen and an on time experience. Highly recommend the airline.
RouteDXB to PRG
Date FlownDecember 2015

"return flight was worse"

I flew Smartwings from Dubai to Prague in a peak period around Christmas and the New Year. I paid around £300 which seemed like a fairly good value. Unfortunately it was not the case. Flight from Prague to Dubai was fine, although food was somewhere half way on the scale between mediocre and bad. Unfortunately, the return flight was worse. Food was awful in terms of choice, variety and quality. I am not a Muslim, but if the main course on a route from a Muslim country served to the majority of Czech passengers gives its distinct pork smell that quickly fills up the entire aircraft, it looks more like an arrogant insult to the fellow Muslim travellers onboard. Unfortunately Smartwing's fleet does not consist of any larger aircraft so they serve 6:50hr route DXB-PRG with an ordinary Boeing 737. So with a bit of bad luck like in my case (the plane was full and there was a strong wind), you end up refuelling in Budapest, or elsewhere. So together with one hour delay in DXB and one hour lost on refuelling, it makes two lovely hours more onboard a single aisle aircraft. Thank you Smartwings. On the positive side, flight attendants were genuinely friendly and attentive. Also hold luggage allowance in my class was only 15kg with a zero gram tolerance. I had to reshuffle things between my cabin and hold luggage only because of a few grams.
RouteDXB to PRG
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"pleasantly surprised with SmartWings"

(Philippines)

SmartWings from Prague to Dubai. A budget airline, the service was great. For our six-hour flight, we were served two meals and one coffee break. The staff also served us water. In-flight entertainment / current location were also available. I would fly SmartWings again if I'm in the area.
RoutePRG to DXB

"I would recommend"

I flew SmartWings with my wife and 2 kids from Dubai to Prague. The flights were on time on both sectors, and service was good. The flights were packed, hence the issue of overhead luggage space. They served hot meals on both flights with drinks and chocolate. The crew was co-operative and nice, I would recommend this airline.
RouteDubai to Prague
Date FlownDecember 2015

"Overall a good impression"

(Czech Republic)

Return charter flight with SmartWings (PRG - RMF 14 days earlier was on A320). Arrived exactly on time in Prague. No entertainment but the route display was informative. Does not feel like a budget airline, aircraft was clean and well presented. Small tasty hot meal and soft drink provided free, others for sale. Coffee (Nescafe) was nice and strong and provided with a small biscuit. Cabin service was efficient and friendly despite the early morning start. Overall a good impression.
RouteMarsa Alam to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2015

SmartWings customer review

My experience with SmartWings from Dubai to Prague return was good. Both the flights were on time and everything went on very smooth. The flight crew were helpful, They provide a meal on the flight with drinks and before landing they give chocolates. They provide blanket and pillow and Legroom was enough. TBoeing 737-800 with passenger information display overhead. It doesn’t look like a budget airline. I paid 296 euros for the return trip and within this price the services were fantastic. Both the flights were only one third full, so I got a good nap at the back. I itely recommend this airline to anyone going to Prague from Dubai.
RouteDubai to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2015

"happy to travel SmartWings again"

(Iceland)

Travelled with Smartwings from Budapest to Keflavik in October 2015. Great service, warm food, cold and hot beverage that was included with the fare. Not much space between seats, but I'm not tall so that didn't bother me. We could only find one radio station playing and no tv. I would be happy to travel with SmartWings again.
RouteBudapest to Keflavik
Date FlownOctober 2015

"appalling service"

(Czech Republic)

The only reason I chose SmartWings was the direct flight, big mistake. Terrible airline and appalling service on flight from PRG to FNC. Their prices are premium for the low cost product. On the 4 hours flight you are served overdone tasteless pasta with one small cup of water or artificial and cheapest “coke” or fizzy drinks. Tasteless coffee, beer and (cheap) wines available for sale but for high price. The plane dirty, my seat with the broken armrests. The seats cramped if you do not have the exit seat row. No entertainment or interactive map available during the flight. The only positive point was that we arrived 10 minutes ahead of the schedule. Big surprise as they are usually delayed.
RoutePRG to FNC
Date FlownOctober 2015

SmartWings customer review

I was little skeptical because I read different reviews but all 4 flights (round trip with connection in Prague) have been good. The staff was friendly and I didn't expect food. We had only sandwiches on each flight and alcohol free drinks but that was ok. I would fly again with Smartwings.
RoutePalma to Sofia via PRG
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Czech Republic)

I've flown with them to Antalya and really only because I was in Brno at that time and I didn't want to drive 2 hours to Vienna. Flight was on time, but that was the first and last good thing about it. Flight staff was rude, there is almost no service, you get 1 glass of water or cheap soda and one distasteful sandwich, seats were not comfortable and plane looked old. On the way back at least flight attendants were a bit better and even seats were little bit better, but over all experience is terrible. I know that they fly to Dubai, Cancun and etc, but they use only Boeing 737-700/800 and A320 and I can't imagine longer flight with them. Those 2 hours to Turkey are possible to survive, but not more.
RouteBrno to Antalya