SkyWest Airlines

Review by (United States)

The plane was a CRJ operated by Skywest. I was warmly greeted at the door by a very nice FA. Service was excellent. The seating on the CRJ is 2-2 rather than 3-3 on the larger planes. The plane was very comfortable and quiet. No entertainment system due to the short flight.
AircraftCRJ 700
RouteSFO to SLC
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Sweden)

I am a regular flyer but only had my first experience with SkyWest last week on a flight from Milwaukee to LaGuardia. Unfortunately I have to say it was the worst experience I have had with an airline. I booked the flight via Delta who did not include baggage in the ticket price and would not allow me to pay for this immediately - I had to wait until it was time to check in. Very inconvenient. They then proceeded to rescheduled the time of the flight about four times. As a result I had to call them to reschedule to a later flight which resulted in my missing several hours of my NYC vacation. The later flight took off as scheduled but was very old and had the smallest seats I have ever seen and I am a small person. Safety is clearly not a priority for this airline as the flight attendants did not explain what to do in case of an emergency and by checking the safety card I discovered there were no life vests or life rafts on board. In the event of us landing on water we were to use the seat cushions to stay afloat! Considering this flight crossed Lake Michigan and Lake Erie and flew over the Atlantic before landing at LaGuardia I find it baffling that they would even consider not having life vests on board.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Review by (United States)

LAX to SMF on 12-10-14. Small regional jet economy but in an exit row with more than adequate legroom. Uneventful flight decent airline would fly Skywest again.

Review by (United States)

SMF to SLC - premium economy on Delta's regional carrier Skywest. In my experience seats on Skywest are more comfortable than the ones on Delta's larger aircraft. However the recline is minimal. Pleasant flight on time flight no food for purchase.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Review by (United States)

SLC to OKC. My spouse gave me her first class (upgrade) boarding pass. I can't comment on value for money because this was a free ticket. However first class was disappointing no food served or available for purchase on a flight that boarded at 1:20pm. (we had a one-hour layover). The seats were wider than those in EC and with more legroom. I'd fly Skywest again but would not pay for a first class ticket. Other than the lack of food the flight was pleasant the FAs attentive and courteous.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Review by (United States)

SkyWest does not honor American Express/Delta free baggage deals. They are the only carrier in and out of some destinations like West Yellowstone. As a result even if you get your free checked bag from your original departure location/Delta flight you won't get it on the way home. The SkyWest ticket counter employee at West Yellowstone actually thought it was funny. She laughed at me when I complained. This was a "Delta" flight operated by SkyWest.

Review by (Australia)

Traveled from Kalgoorlie to Perth. Aircraft used was a Fokker 100. The check-in was extremely quick. As always the plane was tidy and well kept the flight attendants are always polite and tidy. Skywest seats have more space then rival airlines on this route and are comfortable too. The flight included breakfast and unlike the rival airlines on this route you are given more then one option to choose from and a variety of drinks to select. I would recommend Skywest.

Review by (Australia)

Perth-Kalgoorlie same-day return. F50 outward F100 return. Quick and efficient check-in. Aircraft ageing but clean and well-kept inside and out. Seats reasonably comfortable for tall people. Ground and cabin staff friendly cheerful helpful and very professional. Was promised breakfast but only a snack provided. Ticket prices quite expensive even considering late booking.

Review by (Australia)

Perth-Busselton on Fokker 50. Terminal was new clean large and attractive. Quick check-in. I lost my boarding pass but was re-assured it didn't matter (which was a great relief)! Cabin crew were easy going and polite. Aircraft spotless. Small snack (rice crackers) and water were served. Very quick flight and comfortable but forgot to go to the toilet and didn't have the chance to get up as it was so quick! Arrived early with a smooth landing. Great information given by pilots (altitude weather) fare was $104.

Review by (Australia)

Busselton-Perth on F50. Check-in great and nice baggage allowance. Fare was $92. Delayed landing at Busselton but made up time in air. No food - was a disappointment. Only water served. Cabin crew didn't smile and made little eye contact. Comfortable flight. Toilets were pretty average. Pilot made great clear announcements. Aircraft in great condition the cabin had no mess and a nice magazine to read.