Vote Now

Skymark Airlines

"best budget airline I've flown with"

Verified Review | Flew with this airline today from Sapporo to Kobe and the leg room was larger than most airlines I've flown with and the service was impecable. For a budget airline, it included 20kg luggage as well as a complimentary small snack and coffee during flight. I however purchased a Coke and Soup for 200 yen (approx $2.50 AUD). Unlike most Australian airlines, the cabin crew remained inside the cabin for the majority of the flight, making sure everyone was okay and at one stage offering lollies to any needy sweet-tooth pax. I'd fly with them again and can safely say they were the best budget airline I've flown with.
RouteSapporo to Kobe
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"pretty impressed by the quality"

I flew Skymark Airlines from Kobe to Tokyo Haneda on August 7th and I must say that I was pretty impressed by the quality of the airline. They do not provide any food but service is good. I had too much luggage and they only charged me ¥2000 for the extra 13 kilos I had checked. Seats are very comfortable and legroom is better than most international airlines. I guess it's at least 33 inches, maybe 34. Nice flight and on time. I will fly Skymark Airlines again in the future when I return to Japan.
RouteUKB to HND
Date FlownAugust 2016

"comfy seat and legroom"

(Kenya)

Tokyo Haneda to Sapporo return with Skymark Airlines. First leg on Boeing 737-800NG. New cabin, comfy seat and generous legroom for a low-cost airline. Even though I didn't purchase any, the drinks and snakcs are sold at a cheap price. Departure and arrival on time. Return leg, delayed for 30 mins due to congestion at destination airport. Return aircraft was an older Boeing 737-800. Very warm cabin temperature. But overall worth the ticket price. Definetely better than AirAsia and JetStar.
RouteHND to CTS
Date FlownJanuary 2016

Skymark Airlines customer review

Flown Haneda-Chitose and Fukuoka-Haneda in the new A330. Very good seats almost like business class seats. (2-3-2). Service on board was excellent. Drinks and snacks for a small fee (about 100 euro for a coffee). Will fly with them again when in Japan.

(Indonesia)

Flew Tokyo Narita - Sapporo - Tokyo Narita. Flight from Narita was on time while from Sapporo to Narita was delayed for 1 hour. Overall flight was ok. Ground staff very professional.

(Japan)

I flew Tokyo-Sapporo-Tokyo. I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency and professionalism of the staff. The crew spoke English. We departed and arrived on-time. The great price combined with the excellent service ensures I will fly Skymark again.

Skymark Airlines customer review

Very pleasant flight from OKA to ISG. Relaxed but very professional and friendly staff. At least one member spoke English. Maybe the least full flight I have ever experienced (10% in a B767): I was quite surprised that they use such a big plane for this route but it seems they only use this model on this airline. I had to buy a luggage allowance since my checked bag exceeded 15kg but the fee was quite decent: 500yen. Same as for the drinks service: I remember coffee is only a 100yen (1$) nothing to be angry at.

Skymark Airlines customer review

Narita to Naha Okinawa recently. Flight was excellent. On time clean new aircraft and great flight crew. Check in and boarding no issues. Professional and friendly staff. Highly recommended for travel in Japan. I am a world traveller and have flown many airlines. Skymark is by far one of the best.

(Japan)

Haneda to Kagoshima return. Efficient and clean no-frills airline. You have to buy onboard refreshments (they only have drinks you'll have to bring your own sandwiches) but the staff were friendly so yes I'll fly them again. I recommend checking in as early as possible and asking for an exit seat: there's more leg-room.

(Japan)

Fukuoka-Haneda-Fukuoka Fukuoka-Naha-Fukuoka. Good budget airline for domestic flights in Japan. Great value if you get your tickets in advance and easy payment options through the convenience store make it very convenient. The only downside is getting a refund if you choose to cancel your flight is notoriously difficult. Also no discount for flying round trip. Airplanes are no frills no food or entertainment but staff are professional and accommodating and flights are on time.