Singapore Airlines

"service nice and attentive"

(Iceland)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore. My experience from HongKong to Kuala Lumpur was outstanding. I had booked the two flights on separate tickets as I had to add the trip to Kuala Lumpur on rather short notice. When booking the trip I took into account that the connection time in HKG was only 1 hour and 50 minutes between my SK flight and the Singapore flight. Being a frequent traveller with SAS I already asked to have my luggage checked through to Kuala Lumpur at Oslo airport, which was a very good choice as thus the SIngapore ground staff was prepared when the SK flight arrived in Hong Kong with a 80 minute delay. Despite I made it to the departure gate on my connection at last minute - exhausted after a long run through Hong Kong airport, the Singapore ground staff had already made a arrangement for me and my colleague to be booked on the next machine as the earlier flight had been anyway full. Both me and my colleague (who would not have made the connection as fast as me due to troubles at transfer security), we were both reassured, given new boarding passes and guided to the Singapore lounge for the next flight. All ground crew was very attentive and supportive and I appreciated this very foresighted arrangement, especially in the course that me and my colleague were actually booked on separate tickets. The flight itself was good, service was nice and attentive, but overall uneventful .
RouteHong Kong to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a good time flying with them"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Singapore to Taipei. I flew 4 Singapore Airlines segments in the past month and this one was the best among all. The cabin crew were nice and friendly, though they seemed pretty occupied, they remembered and managed to fulfill our needs. The meal was not delicious, whereas they offered us various options for beverage. It was enough. We had a good time flying with them.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew rushed both services"

Verified Review | Rome to Melbourne via Singapore. Check in Rome was quick, efficient and friendly but from there it was all downhill. Singapore Airlines use a common use airline lounge in Rome not affiliated with any specific airline. Lounge is very dated and standing room only when full as it was on this day. Food offerings were a stale pound cake and a bowl of nuts. The bar area was covered in dirty used glasses. I left the lounge and bought water from a vending machine. The aircraft was a refitted 777 that looked every bit it's 16 years old. The purser was very friendly and the rest of the crew in business class were also alright on the Rome to Singapore leg. The seat was large but very uncomfortable in seated and bed positions. The meal was not great and quality sub standard. The next flight out of Singapore to Melbourne while the aircraft was new was the biggest disappointment. The crew rushed both services and literally threw the table clothes and utensils down. Bread baskets thrust at passengers without offering bread. All done without uttering a single word to customers. From the noise coming out of the galley they were capable of talking and laughing just not with their customers. I wouldn't have given more than 2 stars from their product and crew .
AircraftBoeing 777-200 / A350
RouteRome to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"crew are very professional"

(Guatemala)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Shanghai via Singapore. It's my 2nd time fly to Singapore airline. Excellent service. Ground staff are helpful and polite. Cabin crew are very professional and trying their best give service to pessenger. Food choice is really great but wifi is too expensive. Onboard entertainment have many choice.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteDhaka to Shanghai via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"disappointed by lack of water"

Verified Review | Singapore to Melbourne. Our late departure was thankfully made up in the air however I was very disappointed by the lack of water offered or available on board for the flight. Dehydration set in and made for an uncomfortable flight. The breakfast of a bread roll and some spread was pretty pathetic too! Singapore Airlines needs to have drinks and snacks available to help yourself to like other 5 star airlines.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2017

"impressed by the offering"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Hong Kong to Singapore. First time trying the premium economy of Singapore Airlines, must I say I was really impressed by the offering and the value for money. Boarding in Hong Kong is done very orderly, Premium economy customers get to use the channel for gold card members. Separate counter for check in, priority luggage handling, and a generous allowance of 35kg! On board I was warmly greeted and shown to my new seat. Very impressed by the design, seat pitch, and storage space etc. Out of HK we had a delay of 1 hour due to heavy traffic, but crew handled it perfectly, with drinks and snacks given out, and air con on. Sharing the same toilet of economy is no problem at all. We were even offered champagne and nuts, not bad at all! Meals were from economy, but we could also book the cook for a few extra special dishes. Metal cutlery, wine and drinks offered. Nice premium ice cream offered at the end of the meal. AVOD has a large screen, touch screen for 777 and normal use of console for A380. Wifi is available, although not cheap, but those who needs it will find it very useful. Seat when reclined slightly, plus the footrest, makes for a very comfortable position for relaxation. For medium haul flight this is perfect. I can highly recommend it, sometimes the price can be cheaper than economy in high seasons.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHong Kong to Singapore

"experience was fantastic"

Verified Review | Manchester to Houston. 30th anniversary included a bucket list experience on Singapore Airlines new A350-900 aircraft. The experience was fantastic, the service superb, and Singapore Airlines lived up to its ranking. The cabin is so quiet and the seats are the widest. Lie flat seat provides enough space for my 6ft plus frame, even if I did have to tilt a little to fit my feet in the slot. IFE was full of movies on a great screen and the food was delicious, especially Tiramisu. Don't miss the Singapore Sling, the signature cocktail of the airline. Only negative is that the cabin can tend to be warm, and there are no individual vent controls to adjust comfort levels.
RouteManchester to Houston
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I'd happily fly with them again"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Singapore and onwards to Phuket. We booked 5 seats in a row, 3 on the left side and the next 2 seats in the middle. Flying economy, our expectations were fairly low, but we were pleasantly surprised by the seats. The legroom was large, the seats were decently comfortable and in-flight entertainment system was excellent. Before taking off, the crew handed out hot towels and the menu, which was very nice. Shortly after take-off, the service began with a smaller snack before the stop in Moscow. Here, all passengers had to get off the airplane, even if you continued to Singapore. Moscow was an annoying but thankfully short stop. Be prepared to show your passport/bording pass 4-5 times though, as there were several controls, and one proper security checkpoint. Nothing insufferable, but annoying nonetheless. After taking off again from Moscow, the rest of the trip was a breeze. The service from the crew was excellent, with food, beverages and complimentary items. It was a 10 hour flight but it went by quickly thanks to the wonderful seat back entertainment system. There were more movies than you could ever hope to watch during a flight, as well as games, tv-series, books and music, all of it free! The only thing you had to pay for was the wifi. As such, I didn't check the cost, since I had enough free entertainment. As we began our descent the crew cleaned up nicely, and handed out the necessary immigration forms, if needed. The plane itself was only a few months old at the time and felt very modern. Everything looked stylish and clean. All in all, I am very impressed by Singapore Airlines economy class on this flight. I have flown business class once before, and this was honestly not that far removed from that service, excluding the seat of course. I'd happily fly with them again!
RouteStockholm to Singapore via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2017

"food service is economy standard"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | London to Auckland via Singapore in Premium Economy. The seat width and leg room are marginally better than economy and is very hard and uncomfortable. Seating across cabin was 2-4-2. No toilet, use economy toilet and no closed off cabin. and food service is economy standards. Book a chef food arrives early so meal is consumed before wine service. The crew serve the premium and economy cabin so once you have been served don't expect to see crew again until meal service.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon to Singapore

"seeking out the A350"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Singapore en route to Zürich in late June and it was the most pleasant economy class flight I have experienced. For someone who is 188cm tall, I generally struggle with the legroom provided in any economy class cabin but found the A350 provided a generous amount of seat width which meant I could angle myself slightly to avoid touching the seatback in front. The cabin staff were excellent in their attentiveness, and the upgraded IFE screens and controllers were a noticeable improvement from the ageing systems in the A380 and 777-300ER. Food and ground services were pleasant. Overall excellent experience and will be actively seeking out the A350 in my future travels.
RouteMelbourne to Zurich via Singapore