Singapore Airlines

"A great experience"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | My wife and I flew this route on May 1st to Singapore, and then Singapore to Christchurch on May 16th. Good flights, great crew, attentive, approachable, Meals great, drinks plentiful, alcoholic and juices, water, tea, coffee etc, A bit rough flying over Australia, captain had seat belt sign on several times, as well as announcements from cabin crew, Very safety conscience. Clean toilets, rubbish removed promptly. A great experience, would fly this top rating airline again.
RouteChristchurch to Singapore Return

"disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | My recent experience in business class was very subpar. First off, the seats were angled weird and made it difficult to sleep comfortably. The entertainment remote was also not very responsive. There were way too many announcements causing frequent interruptions in watching movies (and don't tell me they are necessary as I've never experienced so many announcements on any other airlines). I booked the cook for all my flight meals when it was available. On none of the flights were any of the flight attendants aware that I had pre-ordered my meals. They always asked me what I wanted to order and I had to remind them that I had booked the cook. On my last leg back home (Seoul to LAX), same problem occurred, but this time they forgot to serve me breakfast (despite being awoken almost 4 hours before landing). They served me the preliminary stuff but then I sat for another hour with no meal served. I went up to one of the flight attendants, and she notified me that she accidentally gave my pre-ordered meal to someone else. However, 10 minutes later, she came out with my correct meal, which tells me she simply just forgot to serve me. The head flight attendant was apologetic and offered me a 100 Singapore Dollar voucher to use on in flight shopping. He told me it was good for one year, but I have no idea if I am going to take another Singapore Airlines flight within the next year, and especially not after this poor experience. This was such a disappointing experience.
RouteDenpasar to Los Angeles via Singapore and Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"happy with the service and care"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I am very happy with the service and care provided during this trip. They also upgraded to Business class from Wellington to Melbourne. It was like a sweet and short trip. Thanks for this. Also changed my Bangalore ticket to a earlier flight saving me almost 18 hrs with a very nominal fees. I am very much obliged and grateful for this service. Singapore Airlines have earned a loyal customer today.
RouteWellington to Bangalore via Melbourne, Singapore

"did an excellent job"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore on SQ242, began with very helpful and friendly ground staff in Sydney. The flight was 20 minutes late but flying time made up for the delay and got us in early. Similarly, the 777 was very well maintained and the entertainment was remarkable. Dinner was not up to it's expected standard however the refreshment that was provided prior to landing was excellent and sufficient. The cabin staff did an excellent job and I particularly observed how they take very good care of toddlers.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSydney to Singapore

"totally forgettable"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bali. Singapore Airlines was disappointing. What happened to the "Singapore Girl"? Outdated IFE, still using the remote control, poor screen quality and sound. No menu given before the meals nor aperitif proposed. Straight to the food, which was bland. There is wine on the cart but it is not proposed to passengers, one needs to ask for it. A lot of useless announcements from the attendants made this flight totally forgettable. They should shorten their flight safety announcement which, I believe, is one of the longest among carriers.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownJune 2018

"very friendly flight attendant"

Trip Verified | SQ856 From Singapore to Hong Kong on the A380 with a flight delay for an hour due to airspace. Flight attendant did not serve Singapore Sling during the delay as not in the air. First time I heard this explanation. When I asked for coffee, the attendant retorted at me as there is turbulence. Flight attendant very impatient. For the flight back via SQ871 on the A330 very friendly flight attendant and pilot who welcome the whole passenger and enjoy his job. I enjoy the A330 services on the way back.
AircraftA380 / A330
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownJune 2018

"impressed with the journey"

Trip Verified | Very impressed with the overall journey with Singapore Airlines. The seating was very comfortable and easy to relax in. The cabin staff were very friendly and helpful. The service in the air was very good and professional. The menu (food and drinks) was good with a great selection for both. We were expecting a small travellers bag (toiletry) with tooth brush and other accessories for the long night trip (like other airlines do) but was not supplied. Only in the toilets we found some items. For the price of a business class ticket or any flight tickets they should have been supplied for the long trip.
RouteSingapore to London

"a very good experience"

Trip Verified | Davao to Zurich via Singapore. I had an enjoyable experience with Silkair and later on with Singapore Airlines. The 1st leg of the flight was good. Boarding was on time as the departure was. After boarding newspapers were offered, but I refused to get one. After takeoff, the crew took a while to start with the service, but the meal was very tasty and the quantity was good. The legroom on the flight was superb due I was seated at the emergency exit. Unfortunately the IFE was only on overhead screens, so it was quite boring flight. After the layover in Singapore, the ground handling for the 2nd leg was very good and boarding commenced with only slight delay. The service on this flight began shortly after takeoff, but it was a bit rushed during late dinner was served, and I didn't get the dessert. But since it was an ample and tasty dinner, I didn't mind at all since it was already 2am as well. The selection on IFE was superb, but the flight information is a bit outdated, since it was a non-refurbished aircraft. After I called FA for a mid-term snack an ample snack was served. Shortly before arrival a very tasty breakfast was served less rushed than the dinner. Overall the FA's did a great job! The legroom on the 2nd leg was a lot more narrow, but still it was a good legroom. Landing in Zurich was on time. I had a very good experience with Silkair and Singapore airlines and I will recommend to fly with SIA!
AircraftBoeing 737-800/ A380-800
RouteDavao to Zurich via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2018

"minimal service by cabin crew"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Los Angeles via Incheon. The aircraft was clean and the seats were noticeably narrower than the PE seat on the Singapore A380. Again I was disappointed by the minimal service by the cabin crew. I had looked forward to my flights on Singapore Airlines and found them to be lacking in attention to their passengers. I would fly Singapore again, but I would not go out of my way to do so as I did this time. I doubt that I would spend the extra money to move up to Premium Economy.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Los Angeles via Incheon
Date FlownMay 2018

"redeem points is difficult"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Delhi via Singapore. Flying Premium Economy was disappointing, over rated seating and food was average and similar to Economy - apart from slight extra leg room, it was not premium at all. Service was below average. Transit in Singapore was also disappointing as agreed requests to ground staff were not actioned on aircraft. After a long time, am using my KrisFlyer points for my wife to travel Business Class from Melbourne to Rome via Singapore on in August 2018 whilst I am travelling on a Business Class ticket. My wife’s SIN-ROME booking using KrisFlyer points remains waitlisted on Business Saver Class despite 3 months of booking. Instead, Singapore Airlines wishes me to pay approx AUD$1,500 to upgrade my wife’s Business Saver Class to the next sub-class. This is unacceptable and disappointing. Despite being a loyal customer for over 30 years, a fair significant of which is as a PPS member until recently, the airline is unable to assist. Based on poor treatment to-date in respect of item 3 above, it appears that Singapore Airlines is misleading with its KrisFlyer program in that passengers are encouraged to join up but the ability to redeem points is difficult/a very long wait.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy