Vote Now

Singapore Airlines

"lounge staff were very courteous"

Verified Review | San Francisco to Singapore via Hong Kong. Beautiful seats with such comfort. Sufficient storage space. If you long for Singapore cuisine there is tons on board. Whilst I did not eat the crew reserved a banana for me before we landed. The SFO-HKG was uneventful as the crew were kind switched off the lights early allowing us to sleep. The HKG-SIN sector departed on time and the HKG ground crew and lounge staff were very courteous attending to any questions I had about my allergies. The crew was quick to get us our drinks and meals and then we settled to do our work or watch a movie. My suggestion is that if the crew is aware that on board wifi is not available for the initial part of the HKG-SIN as apparently the networks are not that great. This will be very helpful.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSFO to SIN via HKG
Date FlownMarch 2017

"A350 seats were somewhat closer"

Verified Review | Singapore to San Francisco. The A350 seats were somewhat closer than the Boeing 777. The seats has the length but does not appear to be as wide. The toilet is very cool with state of the art flushing etc. Normally I am able to sleep well on board but maybe because it is a day flight I suffered from jet lag later in the week. Crew was excellent and attentive to our needs and there were loads of request for food by my fellow passengers.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSingapore to San Francisco

"a very enjoyable trip"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Singapore. This flight was in an older A340 that does not have flat bed seats. It is fine for a day time flight but having flown this at night previously is not good for a refreshing sleep. Check in was a bit slow and rude, being directed by one staff member to a check in agent who put up her hand to my face to indicate for me to stop while she did something else. Lounge was basic but all I wanted was a coffee. Flight left on time, brunch and snacks were both tasty, of a high quality and large in size. Quality of coffee on board was excellent, too. Crew were great and the wine was good. Attempted a couple of hours sleep which was not great due to the seat. Off the plane at the closest gate to immigration and through customs in 5 minutes and the bags were magically waiting to be picked up. All up a very enjoyable trip that would have been improved through travelling on a plane with the new long haul business class seats.
RouteBrisbane to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"nothing was offered voluntarily"

Verified Review | Flew roundtrip on Singapore Airlines new nonstop route between San Francisco and Singapore in Premium Economy on the outbound and regular Coach class upon returning. The premium seat was decent, but I wasn't as impressed with the rest of the setup or the soft product. With the hard partition toward business class in front, and the service area / galley located well to the rear past an economy section, the premium economy area on this aircraft is a virtual dead-end rarely patrolled by flight attendants. On the SFO-SIN sector, received two meals during the 16h20m flight, with no other proactive service - no separate drink runs prior to the meals either. You had to press the call button for anything, mid-flight snacks were available but again, nothing was offered voluntarily. Flight attendants seemed to do what was required but without a smile. No landing cards handed out. Except for the seat itself, the service on the return flight SIN-SFO in regular Economy was actually better, with a pre-lunch drinks run (from a tray, not a full cart) and follow-up hot beverage service after the meal. As with the outbound flight, however, the second meal service - a breakfast - took place about six hours before landing, what gives? The check-in experience at SFO was ok, but at SIN economy passengers are herded toward self check-in kiosks and self baggage tagging whether they like it or not. I have only flown SIA once before, but based on my limited experience with them so far, I wouldn't go out of my way to fly them - although I would chose them again if they offered a convenient schedule at a decent price point.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSan Francisco to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cabin crew seemed almost robotic"

Verified Review | First time with Singapore Airlines. Got to Sydney airport early. Checked in online and dropped bags. Friendly ground crew directed me to Business Class check in counter as the online check in counter was busy with another passenger. No issues and was issued boarding pass seamlessly. Boarding at Gate 61, a bit chaotic as there are very few seats in that part of the airport for all passengers on a full A380. Departure delayed one hour due to bad weather but was handled professionally by captain and was able to make my connection in SIN. Meal ok, but cabin crew seemed almost robotic, rehearsed and fake. Lacked human touch and could probably be replaced by a few well programmed robots. Seat 60K in economy. After sometime realized my back was aching. Discovered that seat had no lumbar support, some did, mine didn't and couldn't fully recline either. Not pleasant for a 7 hour flight to SIN. Didn't bother complaining as crew was nowhere to be found after meal service and were happy to switch off lights and disappear. Entertainment system, a bit dated, probably the original system used with the first A380 flights and some buttons required a harder press on the remote as had been worn out. Had about 200 movies but I mostly listen to music while flying. Choice of music was mediocre, so decided to use my iPod instead. No free WiFi quota. Same continued on SIN-CMB leg except seat had lumbar support this time, didn't turn on entertainment system this time. I think SQ is highly overrated and not a patch on Emirates or even some non 5 star airlines. Would consider others before SQ next time.
RouteSydney to Colombo via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2017

"comfortable with lots of storage space"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Seoul via Singapore in business class. Checkin in BKK efficient, fast track security and immigration took less than 10 min. SQ lounge in BKK efficient. Flight comfortable with decent food. Singapore Changi lounge good, with decent food and drinks. Long flight to Seoul with new business class seat. Seat very comfortable with lots of storage space and good IFE. Food was of poor quality and quantity. This was for sure the worst ever business class meal ever. I pre-ordered the "Signature" lobster thermidor. It was awful. Small overbooked pieces of lobster swimming in butter on a lobster shell. Served with limb overcooked asparagus. The breakfast wasn't any better. I like SQ because of its great service, but the food served on this sector will let me think twice before booking SQ again.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 773ER
RouteBangkok to Seoul via Singapore

"the service is great"

Verified Review | SQ 305 from LHR to SIN onboard Singapore Air's Boeing 777 four class cabin was one of the best long haul in economy flights I've endured. The service is great, a regular drink tray with waters and juices being brought to you to keep you hydrated. The food was decent for economy class standards and they also offered a small snack (sandwich) and second meal. A small amenity pack was provided and consisted of a toothbrush and socks - nothing special but still a tick in the box which some airlines have cut back on. The headrest of the seat is comfy and is made of leather which gives it class. Ambient lighting during the night hours gave a relaxed and upmarket feel. The best part of the Economy seat was the entertainment system which consisted of a large screen - bigger than an iPad size and then has a small digital control below; it all works well and is also touchscreen and the quality and size is better than I've seen on BA business 747. Overall the most comfy and best way to fly direct to Singapore from London in economy class but price will still dictate choices and whilst I'd pay a small Premium to fly Singapore again a harder discount from BA or Garuda would sway me.
RouteLondon to Singapore

"Excellent staff service"

Verified Review | Singapore to Paris. Excellent staff service. Thank, once again, to cabin crew who provided excellent service during the flight,and were always smiling, patient, prompt and helpful. The food and beverage was satisfied. Thank, also, to pilots for so sweet landing in Parisian fog.
AircraftA380-800
RouteSingapore to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2017

"not travel Singapore Airlines in future"

Unverified | Sydney to Singapore. We are very disappointed that we arrived 5 hours before the departure to get seats in row 30's and we were told its all full. As we are older people in early 70's. We were told we should select our seats by Internet. We checked 48hrs before departure online however all seats were allocated, the seats available were the same seats open 48hrs ago. What a shame that airline has no remorse to senior people. We are seating in toilet class row 56's. As seniors we make two or three trips a year however we haven't encountered this situation in our travelling time. Manager was not considerate or seriously shown any interest. Remember sorry does not make pain go away. I will advise the all the family and friends not to travel Singapore Airlines in future.
RouteSydney to Singapore

"use the old luggage"

Verified Review | Dubai to Singapore via Penang. First time fly with Singapore Airlines and will be final. I thought everything is perfect not until when I received my new luggage, with the Protection cover missing and the pocket zip is broken. When I file a complaint to Customer service, and the response is that it is due to the luggage is wear and tear, Singapore Airlines could not submit the damage claim to the insurance company and that's it. My conclusion, Singapore Airlines is very irresponsible, if you want to fly with them please ensure your luggage is wrapped or use the old luggage.
RouteDubai to Penang via Singapore