Singapore Airlines

"Legroom was reasonable"

Trip Verified | Flew return from Singapore to Taipei. Flights were a very reasonable hour; early morning departing and early afternoon returning. The flight out was probably only 65% occupied, which contributed to the overall sense of wellbeing. Flight was on the A330 series, with 2-4-2 configuration. If travelling as a couple or pair, taking the window/aisle seats definitely gives you a sense of your own space, so this was a big plus. Legroom was reasonable. Service was up to the usual standards, although the most senior crew were sometimes a bit unsmiling. Food was average to good, depending on your choice, and the AVOD although not spanking new, was sufficient to entertain most for this 4 hour flight. The airplane is probably beginning to show it's age - it was a bit creaky and rattly on takeoff and landing, but everything is well maintained and perfectly comfortable. Singapore Air may transition some flights to the Boeing 787, and many suggest the 3-3-3 economy seating is a nightmare for economy travellers.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2018

"would recommend the product"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Tokyo Haneda and Tokyo Narita to Singapore. A350 on the way there, 777-300ER on the way back to Singapore. Latest business class product on both segments. Seat is large and very good – plenty of privacy, storage options and reading lights. There is only one con: space for legs/feet is very limited when seat is fully down, which is kind of annoying. Mattress is also not the softest. Blanket and pillows provided are of very high quality. No amenity kit provided. Personal TV has a big high-resolution screen with a broad selection of movies and channels to keep you busy. Service was really good, proactive and with a smile – that’s where Singapore Airlines shines the most in my opinion. Room for improvement is the food. Meals selection is quite good (including the Book the Cook option) but the meal quality is inferior to other airlines in Business (see Turkish Airlines or Qatar). Good champagne and extensive selection of beverages available upon request. Note of merit for the chamomile served along with pastries & chocolates selection. First flight on-time. Return flight delayed of 40 minutes due to the delayed incoming aircraft on the Los Angeles – Tokyo Narita segment. Overall, would recommend the product and will fly again.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownApril 2018

"at best a poor outcome from SQ"

Trip Verified | As Bi-annual visitors to Thailand, by recommendation, we went with SQ for a change having heard great things about Changi airport. This time we took our adult daughter too - 'the shopper'. Unfortunately, all we saw of Changi was what we saw while running through the terminal, owing to our first connecting flight being delayed, then our second going tek and requiring us to change aircraft many hours later than our departure time. We were handed forms at the departure gate and an invitation to contact Singapore Airlines for future incentives. Infact, what we got in reply, months later, was in short: 'Safety first; we don't compensate for delays or connections - if missed' (all our flights were SQ). Tough luck. Therefore our experience of SQ is one we wouldn't recommend and as they state, they wash their hands of you if you miss a connection even in the event that connecting flights are both SQ. As a former employee of a British airline operating the very same aircraft I feel I have enough experience to say this is at best a poor outcome from SQ. On a positive note, they make it easy to decide who not to spend your time airborne with. Also, my wife is gluten free, although requested, she had to skip some meals because they didn't have the gf option for her.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Phuket via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"enjoyed the overall experience"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Sydney via Singapore. Both myself and my wife enjoyed the overall experience, responsive flight attendants and very friendly. Our only real complaint is the food which we found to be rather unappetising and repetitive, perhaps a few European or English dishes would be a refreshing change and certainly more welcoming to our palate.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sydney via Singapore

"Service remains 5-star"

Trip Verified | Paris to Singapore return in seat 41B (seat with more space against extra fee). Service remains 5-star, food, onboard service and entertainment, boarding. Have flown several times on this airline in the past in economy class. Boarding on both flights were swift and smooth with clear instructions from airline staff. Choice of food adequate with sandwiches/refreshment available outside of main meal distribution. On the return leg, the breakfast offering was adequate but not available due to short supply on board. I was forced to take noodles as breakfast while preference was for other dish. Boeing 777 seats are of good quality, only drawback is that seat cushion is quite short for a tall person with long legs and the screen is slightly far away from the seat. Movie offering is very extended with quite some recent movies in different languages. (A380 is more comfortable). Seats 41A & B are best, avoid 41C which passenger was hit all the time by transiting galleys As usual Changi airport is fabulous airport even with a transit time of 4 hours with next connection: gardens, swimming pool, butterfly and movie area is unique, European airports should learn and copy.
RouteParis to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"never came with a drink"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Aircraft was very outdated. Inflight entertainment audio was out of sync with the screen. I order a diabetic meal and the meals I was due on this flight never came with a drink until the main service was undertaken. The last meal I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee; I replied water and it never arrived. Others were at least 40 minutes after I had finished my meal.
RouteWellington to Singapore via Canberra

"easily the best"

Trip Verified | Service and airline were excellent. I’ve flown with most international airlines and Singapore Airlines is easily the best. They looked after us during the entire flight. Easy check in process etc. Flew London to Singapore to Melbourne in economy class.
RouteLondon to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"seats were really comfortable"

Trip Verified | Another great flight from Singapore to London. Me and my wife were sat in the upper economy deck which was great! The seats were really comfortable and the service was just as good as my last trip. The food was really good and a great selection of films. I’m so glad I’ve booked with Singapore Airlines for my next long haul trip.
RouteSingapore to London
Date FlownMarch 2018

"breakfast was served very late"

Trip Verified | Sydney to London via Singapore. The seats in business class are awkward, to use the lie flat seat it is necessary to lie at an angle, and because of this it feels cramped. We left Sydney at 7.05 in the evening, and had the on board meal at approximately 8.00 pm, there was a choice and it was perfectly adequate. The flight to Singapore takes 7.15 hrs, there was a 1 hour change over of planes. After take off we were offered dinner again, which having already had an evening meal I passed. The flight to London from Singapore takes 14 hrs 35 mins. Breakfast is not available until 2 hrs before landing. It was served very late. I think the stewards should be aware of passengers who have been on the flights for 22-23 hrs, and be prepared to offer breakfast much earlier. We will not be travelling Singapore airlines again.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2018

"economy class has declined"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Bangalore via Singapore. I have been flying Singapore Airlines for the past thirty years. I have noticed a visible degradation in the quality of service over the years. Ever since the introduction of the Premium Economy class, the quality of the service in the economy class has declined. The flight attendants go about their tasks mechanically, with little or no interaction with passengers. The food is mostly inedible. During my most recent flight, I opted for the Dim Sum breakfast between Hong Kong and San Francisco. The soggy, mushy items had no resemblance to Dim Sum items I have had anywhere. While US airlines such as Delta and United have vastly improved service for economy travelers, Singapore appears to be goading their economy passengers to upgrade to the significantly more expensive Premium Economy class. However, it is very hard for me to justify spending an additional $1000 just to get two upgraded meals and a slightly larger TV screen.
AircraftA350 / Boeing 777