Singapore Airlines

"Economy never felt so good"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Singapore. Great flight. Bearing in mind it was a 13 hour flight it never felt like that at all. The staff were great and the food and entertainment were really good. In between the meals the staff would come round with drinks and get you what ever snack you want. The inflight entertainment was amazing so much choice. Economy never felt so good.
RouteManchester to Singapore

"amateurish attitude"

Trip Verified | On a recent flight from Perth to Singapore, I was asked by the cabin staff whether I preferred beef rendang or western-style chicken for dinner. I asked for beef and was told that the beef sets on her trolley had run out, and I would have to wait. I was expecting her to get me the beef set from another trolley when, just seconds later, the stewardess abruptly placed a chicken set on my tray. She opened the foil to show me the contents and said that the chicken “looks good too”. Without further explanations, she went on to serve the others. I was bewildered by her unprofessional and amateurish attitude. Not wanting to create a fuss and feeling tired, I just accepted what was given. This incident might seem trivial, but such small things do make an impression and affect my decision to fly with the national carrier again. The crew members just seemed to be rushing to get their jobs done, and the warmth of the Singapore Girl that is so widely advertised simply could not be felt. Apart from personal grooming and the technical aspects of their duties, I wonder if soft skills and proper service attitude are sufficiently emphasized during their training.
RoutePerth to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2018

"great flight with Singapore Airlines"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Ho Ch Minh to Singapore. Everything went good except for the entertainment overall. Check in was not that crowded. Security check at SGN was well organized. Boarding was efficient and we’re one of the last onboard. Flight departed on time and we get good choice of food containing Fish and rice onboard with another drinks served, they are all delicious. However the entertainment was below the standard of Emirates. The staff we’re good onboard. Overall, still a great flight with Singapore Airlines.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHo Chi Minh to Singapore

"The meal was excellent"

Trip Verified | Flew Singapore to Denpasar. I got great service from a very charming crew. They spoiled me from entering the plane until landing. They were always present and fulfilled all wishes immediately. I ordered in advance over "Book the Cook" a "Grilled Beef with Balsamic Onion Sauce". The meal was excellent. I'm looking forward to my next flight with Singapore Airlines.
RouteSingapore to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"have to pay for the change"

Trip Verified | Three of us arrived early at Jakarta check in counter at around 2.45pm. We requested to change our flight to earlier 5pm flight, the first counter lady rejected our request and we went to another counter and he helped us to change flight but then told us we have to pay for the change. We declined to take the change of flight and later we were informed there was delay for one hour to our flight. Why did SIA charge for additional fee knowing that there was a flight delay and make their customers to wait for 4 hours.
RouteJakarta to Singapore

"delayed the refund"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Denpasar via Singapore booked for December 2018. They rescheduled the connected flight in which made my second flight 1 day earlier than my first flight (both are Singapore Airlines). I asked for cancellation of the whole trip. They delayed the refund for almost a month even I called four times. With only refund of the flight, they still keep those I paid for the seats and said it's non-refundable. I understand if it's my personal reason to cancel the flight, I wouldn't have asked for the refund of the tickets, not to mention the seats.
RouteGuangzhou to Denpasar via Singapore

"service was pleasant"

Trip Verified | Midnight flight departing Singapore to London on A380 in economy class, not the favourite way to start a trip. Boarding was efficient and uncomplicated, although the sheer size of the A380 makes for a busy boarding process. We found ourselves on one of SQ's newest A380-800 aircraft, decked out in the new economy class setting with updated seating and AVOD. This configuration has economy and premium economy on the lower deck, and the very premium seats on the upper deck. We were in the 2nd most front row of economy, near to the galley. Seats were relatively comfortable (by Economy standards), with a new styled headrest. The AVOD was presented with a large touch screen, and is now line with the likes of Emirates. Food choices were pretty good (mostly edible), and service was pleasant, if not enthusiastic. We departed and arrived on time, and it was as tolerable as long-haul economy can be, I believe.
AircraftA380-800
RouteSingapore to London

"very comfortable flight"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | We have previously flown Singapore Airlines in economy, and have always been impressed with the service. This trip was our first experience of Singapore Airlines premium economy. Priority check-in and boarding was quick and easy, with a friendly welcome and offer of assistance from the crew. The premium economy cabin is just three rows in a 2-4-2 configuration, and there is plenty of locker space. The seats are comfortable with a good level of recline and good leg room. There is a calf support, but this serves little purpose, plus a leg rest from the seat in front. Their is a 13inch HD entertainment screen with excellent sound reducing earphones. Having experienced Singapore Airlines excellent economy class service levels, expectations of an even better premium experience are unfortunately not met. Service is economy level. There are no pre- take off drinks, and although champagne is offered when drinks are served after take off, it is in a tiny plastic faux wine glass. Wine is of mediocre quality served in a plastic tumbler. Top ups are a long time in coming as there are no dedicated premium economy crew, and the same staff serve the economy cabin. Meals were the same as economy with extras such as tablecloths absent. The main reason for traveling premium economy is space and comfort, and we had a very comfortable flight and slept well. However we were left with the feeling that Singapore Airlines somewhat belatedly introduced premium economy to keep up with their competitors, but have not totally embraced the concept.
RouteJohannesburg to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a very comfortable flight"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Singapore to Brisbane. We have flown this route several times previously flying economy, before the introduction of the A350, so were looking forward to the daylight flight on premium economy. Check in and boarding could not be criticized, effortless and quick, with smiling welcoming staff. The premium economy cabin is very pleasant, with lots of locker space, and the seats are comfortable, with good recline and ample leg room. For a daylight flight the entertainment system is paramount, and this is top notch with a 13 inch hadscreen, superb noise cancelling headphones, and a vast selection of programmers. However when it comes to service, standards drop to economy level. No pre-take off drink, nor after take off drinks. A 1 hour wait until meal service, when drinks are served with the meal. Champagne is available, but wines are mediocre and served in plastic tumblers. The last time we flew this route in economy there was at least a proper glass on the tray, but now it is all plastic. Meals were brunch and then a hot snack later, with a choice of two dishes on each occasion, but out of both meals only the ice cream was good. During the flight the crew were very active, with frequent drink runs, and washrooms were well maintained. Overall a very comfortable flight, with an excellent crew, but a level of service not up to expectations for premium economy.
RouteSingapore to Brisbane
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"excellent staff and service"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Paris via Singapore. Excellent staff and service. Always friendly, polite and smiling. Hot towels, frequent, drink runs, good food. Extra snacks and drinks available throughout the flight. I liked the drinks holder in seat backs. Seat comfortable. Blanket and pillow. The head support "wings" really help. Plenty of entertainment choices and reasonable screen size and quality. I didn't try the wifi. Toilets cleaned regularly during both flights. Baggage transit between flights went smoothly. Both flights were full and for the price, this is about as good as it is reasonable to expect an economy flight to be. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Singapore Air again. And the bonus. If you are going to have some hours between flights, transiting in Changi is the best place to do it. Plenty to do, or easy to get a rest in the airport. Lots of quality food options at excellent prices.
AircraftA330 / A380