Sichuan Airlines

" Something isn't right"

Not Verified | Chengdu to Taipei. I actually heard myself say out loud well into the flight that I will never fly this airline again. I fly a lot. Sometimes the service is great, sometimes not so great; sometimes the food is actually good, sometimes it's just barely edible and I don't really care and I never complain. But there was something about the rudeness, the abruptness of the staff that just annoyed me. I felt singled out as a westerner. Their English wasn't the best (which for an airline is unusual) but I speak some Mandarin so I can get around that and and usually Chinese seem to appreciate that. Not so this lot. The food was awful. Some kind of rancid pork fat suffusing the rice. I have a return flight today (which I would lose the money on) and I am at least this time mentally prepared. I certainly won't be getting on hungry. Nor will I be expecting a relaxing glass of wine and a smile from the girls. Are they actually trained like this? Something isn't right.
RouteChengdu to Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly this airline"

Verified Review | Shanghai to Sydney via Chongqing. The fleet is new and spacious. The thing I didn't like is food for the vegetarians. The food they provide is vegetarian vegan. No provision for the hot milk tea. In the night flight they even didn't provide dental care kit. The worst experience I had was at the Chongqing airport. Our flight from Shanghai arrived Chongqing at 9.25pm and we have to catch Sydney bound flight at 11.10pm. It was a nightmare for us that we have to collect our checkin baggage and then check in back for the Sydney flight. How can one accomodate all this within 2 hours, especially when there is no facility for the transferring passengers. We have to walk for 15 minutes outside the terminal to catch a free airport shuttle bus to take us to the international terminal. That was ridiculous and joke of the century. There were no officials present at chongqing who could direct us where to go. The shuttle bus came full and we have to wait for the next shuttle bus, very badly managed. Will never fly this airline especially through Chongqing.
RouteShanghai to Sydney via Chongqing
Date FlownOctober 2017

"I cannot complain too much"

Verified Review | Chongqing to Lanzhou. This was a typical standard of domestic flight in China. Flight was full as usual and the boarding process was not too bad. No IFE was available in Economy, no English literature or newspapers either but I was not expecting it. Meal service for the short flight was a simple fish or chicken option, with a few Chinese style snacks added in. I opted for Apple Juice but was a little disappointed on realising it was not 100% juice. Seat was okay with spacing a little tight. Overall, I got to where I needed to go for a decent price, so I cannot complain too much.
RouteChongqing to Lanzhou
Date FlownJuly 2017

"polite and well-trained attendants"

(China)

Verified Review | Ordinary short-haul experience from Dalian to Xuzhou with Sichuan Airlines. Quite affordable. Cheaper than CRH train. Polite and well-trained flight attendants. Free drinking water and snacks provided during the 70-minute flight. Economy class seats are not so spacious as expected. No Wi-Fi.
RouteDalian to Xuzhou
Date FlownJuly 2017

"impressed by the quality of service"

Verified Review | I've been on many flights and I must say that I've been very impressed by the quality of service displayed by Sichuan Airlines. Cabin crew were very kind, and made me feel at home. Pilot flying skills were pretty good, I must say this was actually one of the most stable flights I've been on, with limited turbulence and I felt very safe.
RouteSydney to Lhasa via Chongqing
Date FlownJune 2017

"is completely unacceptable"

Verified Review | Kunming to Los Angeles via Chengdu. Sichuan Airlines and the way it treats its customers is completely unacceptable. They not only cancelled our international flight last minute (one we had booked months prior) but refused to help us over customer service and gave us two terrible options, to either fly home two entire days later or get a refund. There was no way we could fly home that much later due to other commitments, health issues, and connecting flights so we were forced to take the refund. Even then, our refund has not come in and they are refusing to get back to us. They should not only have gotten our refund immediately but compensated us for having to pay for a last minute international flight. I have never been more frustrated and upset with an airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteKunming to Los Angeles via Chengdu
Date FlownMarch 2017

"good value and great service"

Verified Review | Flew Sichuan Airlines from Melbourne to Chengdu. Clean plane, friendly staff and great service. Food was great, 2 options for Chinese or Western style catering. Comfortable seats, and clean bathrooms. Flights were on time for both flights. From Australia the Qantas Business Class Lounge was available to use and from Chengdu there was a lounge available. All aspects of the flight were great and I was really surprised at how good value and great service I received in this airline.
RouteMelbourne to Chengdu
Date FlownMarch 2017

"lunch was delicious and generous"

Verified Review | I was very pleased with the overall experience on my Nanjing to Chengdu flight with Sichuan Airlines. The staff went out of their way to speak to me in English. All announcements during the flight were in Chinese and English. Although a small tablet was provided in every seat pocket as the inflight entertainment, none of the content was in English. I did watch a movie (in Chinese) about a dog called "Snowee" and enjoyed it without fully understanding what was happening. The lunch served was delicious and generous.
RouteNanjing to Chengdu
Date FlownApril 2017

"do not take Sichuan Airlines"

Verified Review | Terrible experience. Just 4 days upon reaching Chengdu from Singapore, we were notified that our return flight was delayed for a day. We went to the airport to ask for statement of prove that our flight was delayed so as to submit our travel insurance claim. The customer service lady was totally unpleasant, not only was she reluctant to give us the statement, she also put down "company plans" as the reason for the delay. When we tried to clarify with her what is "company plans", she rudely retorted us with a "You have no right to know!" Upon returning to Singapore we were notified by the insurance company that our claim was rejected because "company plans" is not considered a valid reason and were prompted contact the airline for clarification. I called the customer service hotline, bad attitude as expected. We were again denied the statement of proof as our flight was delayed for "company plans" hence they will not provide any proof. I wonder if this refusal to provide prove is just a ploy to hide their blatant disregard for their customers in their manipulation of flight schedules to maximise profits. Complete disregard for the rights of consumers and no actual intention of providing any good service. If you value your time, do not take Sichuan Airlines.
RouteCTU to SIN
Date FlownOctober 2016

"smelled cigarette smoke"

Chengdu to Hong Kong. I liked the staff, but twice I smelled cigarette smoke, I complained and the staff did nothing about it. She just explained it away, saying it comes from the outside while on the Tarmac. The second incidence occurred while in flight.
RouteCTU to HKG