Top 100 Airlines

Seaborne Airlines

"utter disregard for the customer"

Verified Review | Beef Island Tortola to San Juan. I would not recommend this airline to my worst enemy. It's not the confusion from the check in counter, or the unscheduled delays. It's not even the fact that I missed my connecting flight, and was stuck for 14 hours. It was the complete and utter disregard for the customer. I work in a customer based industry, and have dealt with a lot of people in my time, but the customer service for this airline is by far the worst I've ever come across. When you call in, and the representatives say don't bother calling the supervisor they don't pick up because of the amount of complaints we get it says something. The people who fly with you are what gives you job security. There is no need to be rude, arrogant, and blame the customer for circumstances that they didn't ask for nor pay for. This airline is a zero in my book and I hope people don't have to go through what myself and other people on the flight experienced.
RouteBIJ to SJU
Date FlownAugust 2016

"don't recommend Seaborne Airlines"

(Puerto Rico)

Verified Review | I am very disappointed. In February I got my air tickets, 4 tickets, mine and my family. June 9 to June 13 Puerto Rico to Punta Cana Dominican Republic. I arrived June 9, 2 hours before flight (8:30) and the surprise was "this flight was canceled" . I thought was a joke, but not. I told her I have car rental reservation, tour reservation, it's my son birthday, what you going to do. Ten minute later, the woman told me all we can do for you is send you to Santo Domingo (about 4 hours in car to the place I going) and the flight was 8 hours later. She told me if I want appeal or claim that decision you can do it for this email (no phone number) I got my pressure up. I got the number because a woman that work in an airline partner of seaborne had it. But was the same the supervisor told me the same. I ask to the supervisor and why never advise me. I had to buy another airline tickets in other company and spend $750 more by buy the tickets the same day. I don't recommend Seaborne Airlines to anybody.
RouteSJU to PUJ
Date FlownJune 2016

"disorganized, poorly run"

We flew Seaborne as scheduled by United Airlines. We arrived at the airport with two hours to spare and were told that our plane was taking off in 40 minutes. The departure time was changed but no notice given. When we checked in we were told that our luggage would go through to our final destination. Not only did this not happen but we were unable to locate our luggage at San Juan airport. The Seaborne baggage office closed at 5.00 and there was no one available by telephone to help us find out what happened. The baggage office of United Airlines tried to help but we were informed that Seaborne does not take responsibility for transferring luggage to the appropriate airline and that we might never see our luggage. This is clearly a disorganized, poorly run airline and one that we will never again use.
RouteSTT to SJU
Date FlownApril 2016

"given us false information"

Verified Review | San Juan to Tortola. My family and I have been stranded at the San Juan airport going on 7 hours. The crew here has repeatedly given us false information. And now there isn't a crew to fly the plane that is here!? This is mularky and I would never recommend this airline to anyone I know. Seaborne, you suck at what you do!
RouteSJU to EIS
Date FlownApril 2016

"the worst airline ever"

Point a Pitre to San Juan. This is the worst airline ever. Flying at 8:20 in the morning, they had one man who couldn't make anything work. It took 40 minutes for one couple to check in. So flight very delayed and full. They charged or tried to charge everyone for bags. After we boarded and without notice they offloaded half the bags. People didn't find out until we reached San Juan. I was a lucky one who got my bag and made my connection but most did not. No help from Seaborne for the others who waited four/five days for bags. And no compensation either blaming American Airlines. Because they never changed the departure time In the computer AA didn't seem to know anyone was late. Absolute shambles.
RoutePTP to SJU
Date FlownMarch 2016

"left and arrived on time"

Having traveled via American Eagle for years from San Juan (no longer an option) unto the various islands in the Caribbean - I was interested when the best ticket deal was through Seaborne. Was totally surprised, left on time, arrived on time and luggage was claimed within 60 seconds of clearing immigration. As everyone knows, American has made a huge mistake in making Miami its hub - 2 hours plus for immigration and customs - we all try to avoid it. I know my return via SJU will be quicker than anything American can offer. Seaborne stay in business - because us frequent business class flyers will begin to use you all the time.
RouteSJU to SXM
Date FlownNovember 2015

"wouldn't fly this airline again"

San Juan Puerto Rico to Tortola BVI. Customer Service for Seaborne Airlines is wretched. Bags damaged on the carousel aren't reimbursed, don't waste your time trying. They don't take responsibility for their customers well-being let alone their possessions. I wouldn't ever fly this airline again, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
RouteSJU to EIS