Scoot

Scoot customer review

Flew Scoot Sydney to Singapore 2pm flight. Checked in at 12 and told flight was delayed 2 hours. Boards showed flight boarding so went to boarding gate only to be told flight was delayed again - no one knew why. 2 hours later we got to board. Sat on the plane for almost an hour before we took off. My first son flew two weeks later - his flight was delayed by an hour - boarding was chaotic whilst every friend and his brother tried to rush onto the plane irrespective of a zone call. My daughter in law flew in last week Friday. Arrival time was 7pm. Looking online we saw the flight was delayed by 2 hours. We arrived at the airport at 9pm - flight board showed arrival as 9.15pm. At 9.30pm arrival time was changed to 10.22pm! Delayed 3.5 hours! Hugely unimpressed with Scoot.

Scoot customer review

I have flown Scoot with the whole family twice in the past 3 months from Sydney to Singapore and then the reverse. The ground service is poor. Long queues excessively long times to check-in (stood at check-in for 45 mins). On one occasion we arranged for Scoot to have someone assist my non-English speaking cousin to take her through customs and on to the plane. When we got to the airport our assistance had not been assigned. We waited until the queues had vanished from check-in and the counter staff simply ignored us and went on with their other duties. t is impossible to get through to their call centre - they seem to be perpetually experiencing a high volume of calls never mind the time. I've tried calling at around 9pm Sydney time 6am Sydney time and about 2pm Singapore time. Only got through once at the 6am timeslot and only after been put on hold for 45 mins (time by Skype).

Scoot customer review

ScootBiz from Gold Coast to Singapore return. Dedicated lane for business check-in and express lane through immigration at GC all a bonus. Booked the rear seats in business class and found them very comfortable and better than Jetstar business but not as good as Air Asia X business class. Food was not appealing and very basic but for under $500 dollars one way was not complaining. The staff looked very young and were helpful but not of a standard of usual business class but once again its a low cost airline. I enjoyed a nice sleep travelling in both direction and was very refreshed on landing. Food and drink on plane was expensive especially water. Major complaint was after getting on and off plane before everybody else when collecting bags both times my bags were last to appear on carousel. Long wait and then long wait at immigration.

Scoot customer review

BKK-SIN. Service staff very slow in handling check in. No premium lane for immigration and no lounge for biz class. My luggage tag was lost by scoot and needed replacement. Onboard head crew asked what meal I would like told her I had pre-ordered my meals but that menu had changed. However I had paid for the premium meal. I requested for the code for inflight entertainment I tried to press the call button but no crew responded the lights were on for an hour. The food was similar to economy class. Seat was slightly bigger. My luggage came out last as there is no priority for biz class passenger.

Scoot customer review

Flew from Singapore to Sydney on 29/1/13. Check in was slow - one of the ground staff collected our passports and about another 5 people at front of the queue took them back to the counter the person at the counter flipped through the passports put a sticker on the front and then the passports were returned. Yet when our turn came to check in there was no apparent time saving. The check in staff were inappropriately dressed they were indistinguishable from general airport workers. Onboard we had ordered the blanket sets and had to ask 3 times for them although they did apologise when we finally received them. The overhead reading light switches on the arm were very sensitive so that every time you press against the arm the light would come on. The inflight crew were polite and helpful.

Scoot customer review

Last night I received an email saying my flight from GC to Singapore at 9am had been delayed until 2pm. Arrive at check in desk only to be told that it has now been delayed until 6pm and that that's not a guaranteed time. Never mind the 2 onward flights I'm going to have to miss and non refundable accommodation on top - what I want to know is why were customers not emailed on the additional delay? The opportunity to arrange not sitting in this airport would have been welcomed. You forget that many of your flyers are from Brisbane - we can't exactly hop in a cab and go back home. Up until this point I've had a relatively good experience with this airline.

Scoot customer review

Booked to fly from Gold Coast back to Singapore turned up at the airport to be told that flight was delayed. Original flight time was 9.15am and new time was now 6pm in the evening - told that I had received an email which I hadn't neither had the other 20 people who were also there to check in - no apology no vouchers only told to return to the airport at 4pm. I had a connecting flight from Singapore to Frankfurt at 12pm that night and told Scoot staff that I would miss my connecting flight they weren't bothered when I pushed about returning at 4pm the staff member finally admitted that they didn't even know if they flight would go at the proposed time that evening as the plane had to come from China and hadn't left there due to a snowstorm! Had to go to Air Asia and pay for a flight to Kuala Lumpur and then another flight with Tiger to Singapore to get back in time. NOT worth the cheap fare won't be flying with them again.

(Thailand)

Booked a return flight from BKK to SG. Pre-selected window seat in the red seating of the aircraft. The seats were very thin - ok for a short haul 2 hour flight. The person in front reclined their seat which literally meant I had a headrest in my face. Flight departed on time which was a relief after seeing other reviews. Cabin attendants were far from 'fun vibrant' crew members mentioned in all the airline PR. More like exhausted/frustrated with their job. One snapped at a women when she asked to clarify the pre-ordered sandwich she had just been given. All in all an ok flight. Decided to upgrade to Biz scootz for the return leg just. Very easy to upgrade in SG - 99 SD plus 20SD administration fee. Seats on aircraft cannot and should never be compared to a normal business class product on every other airline. Meal was good. Flight was on time.

Scoot customer review

We flew Scoot Biz from SYD-SIN on 5th of Jan and found it a very comfortable flight. Cabin crew were very friendly and attentive. I read up beforehand on their website that IFE wasn't available on their IPads so I brought my own so that you can just live stream movies from their system. Seats were wide enough and recline was ok for a sleep with very good head rests the only complaint is there is no space between armrests so it's just like in economy where there isn't enough room for your arm and the person next to yours. Only 1 drink and meal included but the beers were reasonably priced at $4 AU but water was expensive at $3AU. Flight was on time and check in a breeze through the dedicated Biz counter. Boarding was good with a separate biz boarding so we were first. Pilot was down to earth and entertaining. It was definitely the most comfortable flight I've had to Singapore and will travel with Scoot again.

Scoot customer review

We booked tickets from Gold Coast to Bangkok. First flight was 5 hours late meaning we missed our connection in Singapore. Even though we'd booked this as one return flight Scoot considered these to be separate flights therefore the missed connection was our problem not theirs so we had to book a new trip with Tiger to Bangkok as well as losing our prepaid accommodation and having to pay for a night in Singapore. Very little communication or explanation from Scoot no offer of any compensation or even a complimentary bottle of water. Promise of a $30 scoot voucher that never arrived. On our flight home via Singapore from Bangkok our flight was three hours delayed. From Singapore home it was delayed a two hours that turned into about four. My expectations are never very high for a budget flight but no matter how cheap it isn't worth this service.