Scoot

Review by (Austria) 25th July 2015

Scoot Biz is not business class that's what I learned on the flight to Hong Kong but why? 1) Seats in Scoot Biz are nothing more than cheap Premium Economy seats made out of synthetic leather and plastic. The adjustment of backrest and footrest is very sluggish. 2) Food on my Scoot flight was inadequate, it was like a 1$ meal from Walmart. 3) You don't get pillows and blankets (you buy it). 4) You have no IFE in the whole plane, but the WIFI is very cheap.
RouteSIN to HKG

Review by (Singapore) 12th July 2015

First time flying with Scoot's Boeing 787-800. I was surprised that the seat offers good seat pitch and recline even when compared to existing full service airline seats on the Boeing 787. The the light and cabin crew call buttons are a design flaw that Scoot have yet to rectify. Apart from that, flight arrived 15 minutes earlier and the cabin crew were professional and friendly. No doubt that Scoot offers very competitive airfares on this route and the overall experience was positive for an LCC.
RouteBangkok to Singapore

Review by (Hong Kong) 10th July 2015

Scoot seems cheaper, but with all the inconveniences and add ons, it is actually close to the price of a full service airline. If you pay for a meal, it is atrocious even by airline standards. Basic things like check in from the city of origin to destination if you need a transfer in SIN are not included - there is a fee (marketed as Scoot-Thru) if you do not want to go through customs. I took two trips with them (one “Business” – read premium economy) and one economy, and have had surprises on both. The latest was not being able to check in online from Hong Kong. Atrociously inconvenient and indicative of shoddy service. Definitely an airline to be avoided.
RouteHong Kong to Singapore

Review by (Australia) 28th June 2015

Having flown Business Class on International routes with other airlines, we thought that Scoot Biz may be good value for money. Bear in mind we assumed Biz was short for Business. Instead of Business Class it was Business Farce. We had to pay extra to use the lounge and were told at the check-in desk to go to Singapore Airlines Business lounge - not so! Singapore Airlines wouldn't even admit Scoot Biz passengers, but instead referred us to another lower market lounge. The seats only reclined 8 inches and the leg support did nothing. I asked for 2 pillows to support my back and was told I had to pay for them. That was when the staff told me that it was not Business Class but Premium Economy. The meal supplied was the same as you get on any Economy Class flight with other airlines. Only one drink supplied for the 7 hour flight. The old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true with Scoot Airlines.
RouteSingapore to Coolangatta

Review by (Australia) 13th June 2015

We travelled Biz class from Sydney to Singapore then the next day to Bangkok. The schedule suited us exactly as it allowed us overnight in Singapore to catch up with friends. The flight left on time but due to strong head winds we arrived in Singapore a little bit late. Biz class is good value especially if you buy on promo and we were glad to have the extra leg room for that 8 hour flight. We booked aisle seats in the middle, so got an empty seat between us. Plenty of room to move about. We had the upgraded meals That was worth the extra compared to the normal meals we saw served. Scoot offers a free drink of your choice as part of the meal. Water was available free any time. We took our snacks onboard and there wasn't a mention from any staff about that. Then again, the snacks made no mess. We used Scoot in style at Singapore airport. Incidentally we used Krisflyer points to get a Scoot voucher and used the voucher to pay the Scoot in Style upgrade after making our booking. You need to do all that on the website beforehand. It worked perfectly. So we arrived at check-in 3 hours ahead of the Bangkok flight and got about 2 full hours in the SATS lounge. It was worth it as you can eat and drink a lot during 2 hours! The Bangkok flight was pretty full as it was a public holiday, but Biz class was ok. Again we were offered any drink to go with our upgraded meal. We got a seat between us empty. It was a good quality experience, I'd do it again any time. Behind us was the quiet cabin with no children. That looked good too.
RouteSydney to Singapore then to Bangkok

Review by (United States) 31st May 2015

I flew on a return trip SIN-HKG on a Boeing 787 economy class. The worst part about Scoot is booking on its website. It automatically selects add-ons so you need to stay vigilant when booking your flight. The flights both were ordinary and the 787 cabin was comfortable. I flew on a flash sale fare without any add-ons or checked luggage making my flights worth the money. Passengers with checked luggage and those who need to reserve seats for family members may find better fares on other airlines.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Review by (Australia) 20th May 2015

My Daughter and I flew Singapore to Perth 3 weeks ago. My Daughters baggage was over by 5 kgs so the check-in lady allowed her to remove heavy items and take on board as hand luggage which was great. Knowing that there was no entertainment we had a book and magazines to read and had a snooze. We bought subway at the airport and took it on board to eat. The flight attendant told us it was not allowed but to quickly eat it - which we did. We had no issues with the seats the flight was early arriving into Perth which we were pleased about. All in all a great flight which we could not fault and would definitely fly Scoot again for a cheap flight of $192.00 each.

Review by (Australia) 13th May 2015

I was on the very first flight out of the Gold Coast to Singapore and felt compelled to write this review. Originally it was a great service with great customer service but all seems to have changed. The seats are uncomfortable the staff are unhelpful and the overhead light and crew call button is on the seat arm and keeps coming on due to just resting your arm on the arm rest. It is cold on all flights I have been on probably to get the passengers to buy Scoot blankets. My daughter recently flew to Singapore and her credit card didn't work for some strange reason. She only had a Travelex card and no cash which meant she was unable to purchase any food or drink. This is not a major problem but just inconvenient. What was deeply concerning was that the crew refused to let her have a glass of water for the whole 7+ hours! I have found the food to be unhealthy and average considering they are not charging insignificant amounts for any of it. Another word of advice is never change your flight unless you have to! They basically charge you almost the same again to change dates. It feels very much as though they have come up with a great concept and then decided to take advantage of any need such as food water warmth and entertainment and charge for it whilst providing the bare minimum of comfort. Like most airlines they even charge you a processing fee for the convenience of paying them. There is no other way to pay so they are guaranteed income from this. Then they have the add on's such as car hotel insurance and so it goes on! Overall an airline that has a great route from the Gold Coast to Singapore seems to have unfortunately turned into an uncomfortable and unreasonable airline. I will use the service in future due to convenience but not look forward to it as I have in the past! Incidentally I would have given them high scores on all aspect in the beginning except for perhaps the food. It may be better to just get the train to Brisbane and fly out from there in future.

Review by (Singapore) 8th May 2015

TZ6 Singapore - Gold Coast on 777. Seats were hard felt very comfortable mid-way through the flight even though I have short legs. The reading lights kept coming on as we "hit" the light buttons located on the side of the arm- rest as we turned to relief body stiffness due to the discomfort of the seat. We sat 3 in a row and ordered the premium meal. I noticed mine was the biggest portion of 3. One of the portions was noticeably lesser probably about 85% of mine. There was a water point providing basic drinking water or you had the option to purchase bottled water. This is our first time flying with Scoot. Other than the uncomfortable seat overall it was OK for me and I will probably fly Scoot again. Looking forward to my return flight TZ5 on the Dreamliner. TZ5 Gold Coast - Singapore. Dreamliner seat was so much more comfortable. The soft and creative lighting makes it very pleasant. The windows shades also helps to create a soothing ambience. I like the sensor toilet flush wash basin tap and auto water drain - so much more convenient. It is sad that with such an updated and modern plane there was no drinking water point provided and basic drinking water had to be purchased. The reading light is now located on top of the arm rest and it keeps coming on as we rest our arms on the handle. Our pre-booked premium meal on this return trip was served without the Haagen Dazs ice cream. After we asked about the missing ice-cream we were given a bar of Toblerone chocolate and were informed that our meals come with Toblerone instead of Haagen Dazs. Naturally we were disappointed that we did not get what we have paid for. Will I travel with Scoot again? Yes so long as I do not need to buy basic drinking water on board and I get my meals purchased. If Scoot cannot deliver the meals purchased online they need to reconsider their model of not allowing outside food and drinks on board. There was a meal change after I booked my ticket and meal. I don't take beef. Luckily the change did not put beef on the table for me. Otherwise I will stay hungry despite having booked my meals.

Review by (Singapore) 5th May 2015

TZ2-TZ1 (SYD-SIN). My previous experience with their 777s were not so great especially the seats which were as hard as rock. However they have changed to the new 787 Dreamliner since then and I had a much better experience this time. Food was below average the portion still wasn't able to fill my hungry stomach. However the seats on the 787 had much better cushion and more legroom. I realized that you don't need an IFE if you are willing to pay US$30 to surf the Internet for the entire trip and a bit extra for power if you are running out of battery (though I didn't see anyone paying that in economy). The only reason IFE still exists is when you don't have access to Internet or your phone. If you don't really care about travel prestige not having hot towels and complimentary toiletries is fine willing to eat before you board and is trendy enough to substitute IFE for Internet access then you can get a really good deal out of this airline which consistently offers half the ticket price of legacy airlines over long-haul routes.