Scoot

"told I had missed check in"

Trip Verified | I have had a mixed experience flying with Scoot. My flight to Athens from Sydney was uneventful and easy, however my inflight meal which I purchased at the time of booking the ticket was quite rubbery and not hot. This isn’t something I’d write a bad review over, however my experience on the return flight back to Sydney has been absolutely atrocious. After attempting to purchase additional baggage online multiple times on separate devices the website failed and crashed many times. I was finally able to get through and pay for my extra check in luggage ($123) the night before the flight. Upon arriving at the airport to check in on time, I was told I was unable to because o had an outstanding balance of $83 to which they couldn’t tell me what it was for, but “if I didn’t pay, I wouldn’t fly”. Not only could they not explain this fee, the attendant who was handling this issue seemed to be incompetent with their system and couldn’t get it to work. Although I wasn’t exactly sure what was going on because she ignored me as if I wasn’t there and would stop intermittently and fill a stapler with fresh staples! This went on for so long that I had my baggage given back to me and told I had missed check in and now had missed my opportunity to get my flight. There was zero communication to myself as the customer, no attempt by the staff to be helpful or treat this as an urgent matter to assist me in getting this issue sorted out, and no apology for the fact that this was an operational fault of Scoot as an airline. I was upset at the fact that I had now missed my flight, and the attendant that had been supposedly helping me simply rolled away in her chair and sat behind a desk messing with receipts. Not to mention the huge line of frustrated and ignored people behind me waiting for assistance for a separate flight. I can’t believe how horrible this experience was as a customer. I hope the airline improves on this in the near future, because I’d hate for anyone else to have to go through what I experienced today.
RouteSydney to Athens
Date FlownMay 2018

"Thanks Scoot for great flight"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Nanjing. I was travelling with my wife and she is 5months pregnant. Upon boarding, the air crew were very attentive helping my wife with her bags as there was a gap between the bridge and the plane. On flight, the chief stewardess drop by and make sure my wife is all ok and comfortable. She told us not to hesitate to ask for anything e.g. hot water, blanket. During the flight, my wife wanted to go to the lavatory and the chief stewardess help her with the door and into the cubicle. My wife can't stop sharing about how well she was treated on board with her friends and relatives. Thanks Scoot for the great flight.
RouteSingapore to Nanjing
Date FlownJune 2018

"I was very impressed overall"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Sydney via Singapore. I had relatively low expectations when I booked being that Scoot is a budget carrier. However I was very impressed overall. Giving an 8/10 based on comfort and relativity of price. On the Sydney to Singapore return legs, very new Boeing 787. Seats were comfortable enough (and I'm 6 feet tall). Service was efficient and cabin crew were polite. On the legs Singapore to Phuket we flew ex tiger A320 aircraft. Fairly new. Interior a little bit tired but seats were comfortable. No in-flight entertainment, but I just used my iPad and downloaded a few movies on Netflix. We experienced a delay on our return leg from Phuket to Singapore, which we thought may cause issues with our connecting flight. However staff managed the issue well and gave us updated and information where to go on arrival at Singapore. And last of all, if you have to have a stopover, why not make it at Changi airport. It's rated best in the world. Free cinemas, pool, butterfly garden. Lots to keep you entertained. Would definitely fly with Scoot again
RoutePhuket to Sydney via Singapore

"a little below AirAsia"

Trip Verified | Pretentious and unprofessional. We generally avoid Scoot but for this routing the timing and fare were the best combination we went ahead. Most important: we arrived on time and safely, and so did the luggage, so no complaints about that. But in general this airline is really annoying to fly. Their business class doesn't even have paper towels in the bathrooms - you can dry your hands on facial tissues. No blankets - unless you want to pay $15. (Oh, and though it's a Singapore based airline they charge for extras in USD - because they are bigger.) No entertainment - not even screens. Seats recline somewhat. Food varies from not bad to quite mediocre. Service is officious and rigid - even when there were only ten people in the business class cabin they couldn't bring themselves to be flexible on mealtimes. Everything is about the rules, nothing is about the passengers. I don't think that's the fault of the crew - it is probably the management. Trying to check in on line from Tokyo was impossible because the website - whether the JP website or the SIN website - only supplies Singapore as a point of departure, there are no other choices. Condescending - the pilot refers to the staff as "our Scootees" - as if they are owned property. It's basically a run-of-the-mill low-cost airlines with pretensions. I wouldn't say avoid at all costs; I would say expect a quality of service and professionalism a little below AirAsia and you will probably get what you are looking for.
RouteTokyo to Taipei

"attitude was sincere"

Not Verified | My daughter and I took the flight on 24th May, at 6am, heading to Taipei from Singapore. The flight was very full. The seat that I sat on was broken as it could not recline. I informed your air stewardess, who then tried to make the seat work but failed. She informed her colleague, an air steward, who came over to check the situation. He offered to change our seats to a functioning one. After he went to look for vacant seats, he came back and told us that there were no two empty seats available together but that there were unoccupied ones in the quiet zone. He was very helpful and led us to the quiet zone and helped relocate our heavy luggage overhead. His attitude was sincere and indicated a willingness to help and I was very grateful for his service.
RouteSingapore to Taipei

"chasing up a refund"

Trip Verified | Athens to Melbourne via Singapore booked for August 2018. I have wasted a lot of time and am still currently chasing up a refund requested in January upon Scoot deciding to reschedule my flight to 48 hrs later without a reason. The same issue happened to my sister who was scheduled to fly 2 weeks earlier - coincidence I think not. They have taken over 3 months to process and approve the refund, and have now sent to the wrong account so I am having to go through a dispute claim with my bank. Not worth the waste of time or the effort of dealing with unhelpful help-desk staff who force you to play phone tennis with your bank and them to resolve an issue they have caused.
RouteAthens to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"terrible, invasive staff"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Ho Chi Minh City. Absolutely terrible, invasive staff. I was on my way to custom check out, Scoot staff me to check our hand carry luggage, we had 4kg extra and the staff wanted me to pay the price for 20kg. I was completely fine with the process, until I told the staff I would reduce the weights, she went ahead and took our boarding pass away. I was furious, never in all of my flight had somebody took our boarding pass while waiting to sort out the luggage. I'm also Scoot frequent flyer. The services and regulations are vastly inconsistent.
RouteSingapore to Ho Chi Minh City

"I expect a tv"

Trip Verified | I will never go with this low-cost airline again. Boeing 787 from Singapore to Athens, on a 11 hour flight I expect a tv and and at least a free bottle of water for the money you pay, but got nothing! If you wanted water you had to pay. It was shocking, never again.
RouteSingapore to Athens

"courteous and professional"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Singapore. Departed late from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi by about 20 minutes due to plane arriving late & hence arrived in Singapore late by about 10 minutes. Was seated in the emergency exit row & hence there was ample legroom but seat could not recline. Cabin crew were generally courteous and professional.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2018

"my journey was quite dull"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Surabaya via Singapore. This is the first time I fly Scoot. Somehow I do have a high expectation, since it is the low-cost subsidiary from Singapore Airlines. But my journey was quite dull. The interior of the aircraft is pretty much empty. The seat does not really recline or just broken. In comparison with other low-cost airlines, if the ticket price is way reasonable, I would not take Scoot again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Surabaya via Singapore