Scoot

"I regret ever using them"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Perth via Singapore. This was my first and last flight with Scoot. I was ill in Thailand and needed to return home early. I tried to change my flights at Phuket airport but Scoot staff were not interested and there was no manager available . They gave me a phone number to ring - no answer. They gave me another 2 numbers to ring - again no answer. The email address for Scoot did not work either - takes up to 10 days to answer. The next day, Scoot charged me 3 times the amount I paid for the flight home . So in addition to the flight which I did not use (7,880 bahts) , I was charged 23,700 bahts for the early flight home. This amounted to 31,500 bahts or AUS$1,278 for a one way flight to Perth from Phuket. Do not use this airline if you need to change flights. Avoid at all costs. I regret ever using them and never will again.
RoutePhuket to Perth via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"don't see any added value"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Singapore. Booked flights online for me and my girlfriend. When we checked in at the airport 2h30 mins before, Scoot had split us at 2 different parts of the plane. No reason given and despite showing the booking, nothing done (flight full). They wanted to have a printed itinerary. Great example of how clueless Scoot can be with their customers, there are way too many other cheap airlines in SEA to avoid them. I don't see any added value to picking them and I do travel regularly.
RoutePhuket to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Customer service was absolutely no help"

Trip Verified | I wish I had seen the reviews on this awful company. I have booked a flight to fly from Perth to Singapore this August with a connecting flight to UK a couple of hours later. Scoot decided to cancel the original flight completely. They offered me a later flight but I told them it would not be any good as I would arrive in Singapore after my connecting flight back to UK. Customer service was absolutely no help. They would not give a refund or an earlier flight. Please be very cautious when booking with Scoot. They make the rules purely for their own gain. I will never use these again.
RoutePerth to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2017

"We will never Scoot again"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Bangkok. We scoot regularly and had been since Scoot started its service. Scoot was very good initially but changed from being good to bad and now worse.  Over the past two years we had our flights rescheduled occasionally but recently all three of our bookings, Feb, Apr and May, flights have been rescheduled delayed by a few hours causing us a lot of inconvenience.  Their Call centre was not interested in assisting, the lady who attended me was very rude and loud, instead of trying to help and understand the frustration and inconvenience they have caused their customers, she arrogantly told me Scoot have every right in the fine print conditions to reschedule their flights and any request for change of flight would incurred cost.   Perhaps Scoot needs to remember there are other budget airlines and they are providing better services. The good reputation they painstakingly built is now being tarnished by the present appalling services.  We will never Scoot again.
RouteSingapore to Bangkok
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"seats were wide and comfortable"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | On February 11, 2018 we traveled with "Fly Scoot" from Singapore to Chennai. From Chennai we had transfer to Sharja. Before checked (check-in) our tickets we understand to it have imposible this transfer (in Chennai) for us. Тhe FlyScoot ground staff immediately helped us. They gave us all support both in airport in Singapoure and airport in Chennai. Without their help, we wouldn't have got home. The flight was on time, the service was at the top level - flight crew, food, WC-clean and hgih speed Wi-Fi. The seats were wide and comfortable. The plane was B787 Dreamliner - by my opinion the best plane on nowadays.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteSingapore to Chennai

"Scoot no more!"

Trip Verified | When choosing a budge airline, we definitely begin with some low expectation. With Scoot, you got to expect even lower, then lower it again on the Singapore to Zhengzhou route. At Singapore Changi Airport, Scoot Check-in is not automatic. They definitely make sure to make everyone pay for the extra kg on their hand luggage, not at the counter, but with separate crew/staff who buzzes around each and everyone of you to make you pay. So be careful, weigh your luggage and make sure it is below 10kg. The seats are close together, tight. Surprisingly, at Zhengzhou Xinzheng Airport, Scoot counter is very friendly and up-to-standard. This was not expected at all. The ground staff is professional and helpful. For budget travelers in the early morning or mid-night scene, it could say a lot about local hospitality. In the end, Scoot costs not less than other airlines. I will get back to China Southern, or Xiamen Airline. Scoot no more!
RouteSingapore to Zhengzhou
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Dirty and oily seats"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flew Singapore to Jakarta. 1) The way that Scoot is making money is ridiculous, after check in, there are staff who go around checking the weight of cabin luggage and purposely look for an extra kilogram and demand payment for it. Poor man behind me was forced to pay for his extra 1 kg! 2) Entry to aircraft - a passenger with a wheelchair was treated as a second class passenger as nobody was assisting. 3) Dirty and oily seats, magazines, all around you was just not hygienic.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Bangkok via Singapore. Travel Insurance what a scam. I went online to book a return ticket to Thailand all went well past the flight from point of origin, then came the fun part, the web site opened a second link continuing with my booking, I paid for all and felt little unusual having to pay in 2 different segments one there in AUD and one back in Baht, so far all good. Then I read the fine print a few days in re my ticket, saying I'm only covered with my travel insurance while on flight to and fro, no holiday no time outside the airports, contacted the insurer being part of Scoot and the excuse was they insure the trip out but another insures the trip back. I said I want a refund they told me to contact scoot - now after 3 emails and no reply links so we cant continue the conversation - only after a number of days. Every time you submit an email again it takes up to 10 days. The frustrating thing is with such large companies there is no direct input to record your side of any story in hard copy or email. And no refund I needed to get new travel insurance. I will never fly with them again.
RouteGold Coast to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"service offered is shamefully poor"

Trip Verified | I want to leave my feedback on the poor service we got from Scoot on our return flight, Amritsar - Singapore on 6 Feb. We experienced a delay of more than 3 hours. Our flight was supposed to leave Amritsar at 6h40am and left after 9h30. No explanation is given but the staff were very thorough in checking all the luggage with a couple of kgs above the limit so they could charge the overweight excess to the passengers. Scoot kept 200+ passengers waiting for more than 3 hours without proper explanation or apology. After a 5h30 long flight, we arrive at Changi Airport (Singapore) and are told to wait because the aircraft doesn't have a place to taxi. We wait 45 min inside the aircraft, again with no proper apology or any kind of proper compensation. On a full flight with plenty of families with small kids, they don't even have the courtesy to give out some water for the children. To top it off, we reach the belts area to collect our luggage and our flight is not even announced on any screen. The passengers have to go around and guess which belt is our luggage being dumped on. For a flight that costs 400SGD return, the service offered is shamefully poor. It shows lack of professionalism and respect for customers. It shows that the airline is more interested in making a profit on overweight charges than on the comfort and wellbeing of your passengers. Don't recommend.
RouteAmritsar to Singapore

Scoot customer review

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. This plane looks outside and feel very old inside. Overhead compartments in our row are being filled up by passengers sitting in the far back; that's 4 of us seated in 1 row with just 1 carry-on and yet no space in both side of our overhead compartments ! The staff requested we checked in our hand carry which inconvenient us since we put our important items in there. We have to take almost everything out and put them in a plastic bag so we can put them in the pouch in front of our seat while the carry-on bag was checked-in.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta