Vote Now

Scoot

"they nickel and dime you for everything"

Verified Review | I booked a flight through Scoot, it was a 17hr journey from Tokyo to Bangkok then to Singapore then finally to Chennai. The flight itself was comfortable but all the excess fees that have to be paid are ridiculous. Water cost $4, food was also extra and I was flying for almost an entire day. If I wished for my bags to be flown straight to my final destination that was also extra by purchasing their "scoot-thru" service. There was no inflight entertainment at all. Although this airline had a good flight they nickel and dime you for everything. If you are not traveling to Singapore, near by or if your total flight time is longer than 7 hours, I would not recommend this airline.
RouteTokyo to Chennai via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not travelling on Scoot again"

Verified Review | Perth to Hong Kong via Singapore. I made a online booking for my son and myself. Although I was on the Scoot Website, I booked Scoot on the Perth - Singapore sectors but the Singapore - Hong Kong sectors were with Tiger Airlines. I paid for food on the Perth to Singapore sector and the Singapore to Perth sector. As well as seat allocation, so I could sit next to my son. I also paid for extra legroom (it was 79 AUD for each seat allocation with legroom on the Perth - Singapore return sectors. When we boarded in Perth, we were allocated our seats, but advised that we didn't order any food. As I didn't print out a hard copy of my reservation, I had no leg to stand on, and as had no wifi could not retrieve my booking. When I got to Singapore, they advised, that I had cancelled the meals (even thought I had been charged for them.) I ended up paying again for meals on board with cash. Was annoyed when I got to Singapore that we were flying Tiger, I thought we were flying Scoot. Before we returned I rang Scoot (was on hold and on the telephone call for just shy of 2 hours) to try and reinstate my meals. Scoot advised that I could not get a refund for the food not used on the first sector and now they could not guarantee any food on the return sector as was inside 72 hours. (I thought issue was resolved in Singapore on the way up), I was actually ringing to see why a seat hadn't been allocated out of Hong Kong for me as I had paid for it. I was advised that I had not paid for a seat. When we got to Singapore and was issued with boarding cards for the Singapore - Perth sector our seats were not where we had paid to sit. When I queried this, I was advised that "we are just ground staff, we cannot do anything, and you will need to put it in writing". I did this when I returned to Perth. Only to be advised by Scoot by email 2 weeks later that they were "sorry for the inconvenience" would give me a voucher for the value of 50 Singapore dollars (even thought on face value I paid $82 Singapore Dollars for each seat), and nothing was mention of the food that was not provided ($36.00). In total I spend $192.00 Australian Dollars for services I didn't receive. I will not be travelling on Scoot again.
RoutePER to HKG via SIN
Date FlownDecember 2016

"Scoot offers better comfort"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I flew Bangkok to Singapore return on 26 January and 5 February respectively. Scoot uses Bangkok's older Don Mueang airport (DMK) which is slightly closer to the city centre than Suvarnabhumi airport and smaller which means a shorter trek between immigration and the boarding gates. I was not able to do an online check-in in BKK (which may not be an option out of BKK) but was able to do so for the return flight in SIN. I arrived at DMK about 90 mins before departure. There was barely any queues for check-in. After the online check-in in SIN, I was prompted to print my boarding pass which I did but there are many self-service stations near the Scoot check-in counters in Changi which prints the luggage tags and also issues boarding passes. Both flights departed on time and arrived at the destinations ahead of schedule even though the flight arriving into SIN was placed in a holding pattern for over 20 mins due to traffic in Changi. The plane from Bangkok to Singapore seems a little older with prominent carpet stains. The plane from Singapore was newer and somehow cleaner. Cabin crew were well trained and did several rounds of checks before departure and arrival. The level of detail to safety is not experienced even in some full service carriers. Announcements were clear and made in both English and Japanese. The seats have excellent recline which is way more generous than the other budget airlines I have flown on this route. Scoot flies the B787 which is my preferred plane compared to the other budget airlines which tend to fly single aisle planes for this route. If I were to fly budget carrier for the BKK-SIN route, I would choose Scoot because it offers better comfort.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Okay for flying 8 hours"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Sydney to Singapore with Scoot. Check in process running well, good ground staff handling. This flight delayed 30 minutes in departure, but on time in arrival. Passenger seat occupancy maybe less than 1/3 of capacity. No problem with limited Legroom, because passenger can occupying 3 seats or more. I order chicken noodle 5 SGD and heaven and earth tea 4 SGD, accept banknotes or credit card. Okay for flying 8 hours. Friendly flight attendant. Arrival at Changi airport transfer using only 2 buses. It is really low cost carrier.
RouteSydney to Singapore

"no escape from ad ons"

Verified Review | Gold Coast to Bangkok via Singapore. Good points, beautiful modern Boeing 787, seats better than most premier league airlines, all 4 legs of my return flight left on time and arrived early. Decent and friendly staff. No problem checking in and reasonable wait. Bad points, it is budget so even if you pay the food will be poor, no entertainment, no free glass of water. I am used to deleting all add ons but no escape from Scoot, though even if you only have hand bag, nor $20 booking fee, add a cabin bag and $230 is 330+, and for one leg I even paid for unwanted insurance. Still cheaper than the premier league but now 2/3rd price not 1/2. I feel Singapore Airlines heart is not in it, both good and bad. Web page seems unreliable.
RouteOOL to DMK via SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"better than some main airlines"

Verified Review | Sydney to Bangkok via Singapore. Nothing to complain. As a budget airline, much better than some main airlines. Flight was very comfortable, even without paying extra, legroom was same or better than regular airline. Cabin crew were very nice. All the four legs of my journey was on Boeing 787, three times arrived at destinations 20 to 30 minutes early. Definitely don't worry about travelling next time with them.
RouteSYD to BKK via SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Scoot could have been a great airline"

Verified Review | Flew from Bangkok to Perth via Singapore. I like Scoot's 787 aircraft and the Economy class seats are some of the most comfortable around. For point to point travel they are a good deal, but I won't be using them for connecting flights again and here's why. Although Scoot will sell you an itinerary with connecting flights, the transit time can be very long. My original outbound schedule was changed such that it would have taken over 29 hours to arrive in Bangkok. I decided to connect in Singapore to another airline instead. Scoot does have a well-hidden policy for Australian travellers only, which allows for refunds in very limited circumstances - I did eventually get a partial refund on my flight, but only after I involved the Consumer Affairs authorities (and I still had to wait 10 weeks for the money). My return flight was a mere 17.5 hours elapsed, which was just about acceptable. But even though I had only carry on baggage, Scoot forced me to go through immigration in Singapore to get my onward boarding pass (after telling me in Bangkok that I could do this at the transfer desk). System limitations perhaps? Well no, if I had paid an extra $20 for "Scoot-Thru" they would have given me my boarding pass. Someone must have thought this was a great idea to make money out of customers, I think of it as a great way to lose customers. Another thing about connecting flights - according to the terms and conditions if you don't pay for Scoot-Thru and you miss your connection due to a delay by the airline, the airline won't help you at all - you've lost your flight! For the Singapore to Perth flight I paid THB970 for a "super seat". In extreme cases these seats can give you an extra 4 inches of leg room, but in my case it was only an extra 2 inches compared to my outbound flight - definitely not worth it. Speaking of extra expenses, the food is overpriced and awful. Vegetarian choices are particularly poor - and you're not allowed to bring your own. Scoot could have been a great airline, but by their mean-spirited practices they have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 and Boeing 787-9
RouteBKK to PER via SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"the noisiest flight I've ever had"

Verified Review | Flew Scoot from Singapore to Melbourne. Purchased a more expensive ticket for their 'scoot in silence' seats which promises an adult-only zone which is silent so you can sleep. However my and my wife's seat was directly next to the toilet, and consequently the queue, the flush and the banging door. It was actually the noisiest flight I've ever had. I complained and was told there was nothing they could do. I've also added up the money I save by the cheaper ticket, and with all the other hidden charges it would have been cheaper to fly with a better airline. Yes, they are a budget airline, but there are some things which shouldn't cost money, such as good service. When our plane was boarding, the staff were just talking to each other and a huge amount of people were confused and not even sure what was happening. The food is also terrible - we paid for two teas (yes you have to pay even for tea), and they bought two foam cups and handed us two tea bags. We asked for milk, and got a strange look, and eventually someone came back with powdered milk sachets.
RouteSIN to MEL
Date FlownDecember 2016

"costs as much as an SIA flight"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Singapore to Perth. The flight was delayed repeatedly and we were informed after we arrived at the airport. The baggage drop-off queue was about 100 persons long since there was only 1 staff-person attending that took 45 minutes of waiting which makes a mockery of doing on-line check-in. The cabin crew spoke poor and heavily accented English even for crucial announcements, and seemed flustered all the time - as when asked any question. They did nothing to stop a parent allowing a child to play with balloons which burst periodically sounding like a gun-shot. Nor did they stop another woman watching a kung-fu movie on her tablet computer without head-phones. By the time one adds the check-in luggage, meals and seat selection, the ticket costs as much as an SIA flight if booked a little earlier. Since they do not have the same facility to check luggage through to a connecting flight, one has to have the expense and inconvenience of entering a transit country immigration-wise just to collect luggage and check it in again when the other airline commenced check-in many hours later. So the parent company gets almost the same fare for an airline operating much cheaper and so makes a greater profit! Seems like the reason for having Scoot is to run it so poorly is to make SIA look better by contrast, and convince passengers pay the slightly higher fare. In compensation for the flight delay Scoot offered a trifling voucher to use on another flight in the near future - a highly unlikely scenario for most.
RouteSIN to PER
Date FlownDecember 2016

"definitely fly with Scoot again"

(Brunei)

Verified Review | Singapore to Sydney. I will definitely fly with Scoot again. A last-minute booking, only S$220, excellent plane. Although a 'budget' airline, many other airlines could learn from this company. The plane is very suitable for long haul. I did not purchase the food options so cannot comment about them. The plane was not full so there was plenty of space; however, even if the plane was full I believe that I would have had a comfortable flight.
RouteSIN to SYD