top100_2016

Scoot

"attentive and really polite"

I was travelling from Perth to Singapore with my 82 yr old mum who has problems walking. I was impressed by the service standards of a budget airline. I requested for a wheelchair when we checked in and was referred to the Service desk. The wheelchair was there in just a short while. We were escorted all the way through immigration, customs etc. My mum was finally wheeled to the aircraft for boarding and we were seated at Row 1. What impressed me most was to find that the wheelchair was waiting when we landed at Singapore. I also wish to extend a bouquet to the service staff who were attentive and really polite! Kudos to Scoot.
Date FlownJuly 2016

"food terrible, service quite average"

Verified Review | Singapore to Sydney with Scoot. Flight delayed by 6 hours. No notification from Scoot. Given a $10 food voucher as compensation, not even entry to the lounge as a business class passenger. No ground staff from Scoot itself in Singapore airport. Offered to be put in economy on flight to Melbourne and then no compensation for finding my way to Sydney. The incoming flight was supposed to leave Qingdao at 3.10pm and arrive at Changi at 8:50pm. They had stupid amounts of time to call or email to notify us of the delay. No reason given as to why they did not email or phone to notify. Food on the way to Singapore was terrible and service is quite average. They give you your meal in the first hour so for the next 7 to 8 hours you have to pay for everything else. Beware.
RouteSIN to SYD
Date FlownJune 2016

"such value for money with new aircraft"

Brilliant daytime flight out of Gold Coast to Singapore with Scoot. We paid so little for this flight and he aircraft was new, the staff were lovely, and the food was good. Probably would not like to sleep in the seats but daytime is just great. This airline is such value for money with new aircraft and great routes.
RouteOOL to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"had sufficient legroom"

Scoot is an excellent medium/long haul budget airline. I took ScootBiz from Sydney to Singapore and didn't expect a budget airline to be so comfortable. It had sufficient legroom, comfortable seats, and adjustable headrests. Although there were no entertainment screens, the ScootTV streamed to my computer was good.
RouteSYD to SIN

"is really a luxury"

Flew Scoot from Don Muang to Singapore. Didn't expect to be seated in a seat with so much leg room, beside the escape exit door. I thought you would pay a premium for this, but I was allocated this seat and didn't pay a cent for such a comfort. Now I know why people pay more. Being able to stretch your legs is really a luxury. Flight was good, even though there was turbulence. Lighting onboard was fantastic. Crew didn't push, hard sell food and other pay-per-use services. Paid for wi-fi and onboard charging of mobile devices. Scoot just won itself a new (repeat) customer.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteDMK to SIN

"aircraft was spacious"

Singapore to Taipei with Scoot on the SIN-TPE-NRT route. The legroom was not bad for a someone 5'5 and the recline was nice. Aircraft was spacious. Announcements were made in English, Chinese and Japanese. The flight was better the expected. I will fly again.
RouteSIN to TPE
Date FlownJune 2016

"Scoot did not disappoint"

Verified Review | Perth to Singapore with Scoot. The plane looks very new and clean. I believe the mood lighting does help a bit. Cabin crew were friendly and ground crew were efficient and friendly as well. The flight left on time and got into Singapore early. I have taken Scoot a few times and each time it did not disappoint. In my opinion, they have the best flight time leaving Perth to get to Singapore on each day.

"you cannot trust them"

Verified Review | Forget Scoot. They cancelled the flight three weeks before and have not refunded even after 6 mails and 3 months waiting for them paying the money back. I had to pay 100 Euro more and had some stress for searching and booking via another airline and they even do not pay me the money for the original ticket of their cancelled flight. You cannot trust them.
RouteSYD to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"very good low cost airline"

Verified Review | Scoot is a very good low cost airline. I would fly it over Jetstar for this route from Perth to Singapore if I am travelling on a low cost airline. The plane was new and clean. We did leave later than expected as the plane flying into Perth got delayed in Singapore. Scoot sent me an email with a bid fo Biz upgrade. I entertained the idea and I bid for it, which I won a day after. However, on the day of check in, there was a change of plane in Singapore hence the delayed flight, and they could not put me in the Biz section so I asked for a refund. After calling their call centre, I was told that I had to call back to check for updates and they do not have the provision to send email updates. Anyway, I am still waiting for my one week period for them to process this.
Date FlownApril 2016

"not allowed to bring outside food"

Verified Review | Bangkok Don Muang to Singapore evening flight. Before boarding the aircraft, we had still some time left to do shopping and a quick bite at the airport. We decided to buy a meal at the airport and took it to the plane to eat. When seated in the plane, FA came to us and told us: 'You are not allowed to bring outside food in the aircraft. You are required to stop eating until disembarkation. Please refer to the terms and conditions when you booked this flight'. I though the FA was making a joke, but she was serious and stood next to us until we put our food in our bag. Then she informed her colleague who said we were not allowed to eat. If we are hungry, we could buy their meal on board. Nasi Lemak 15S$, Chicken rice 15S$ prices are not acceptable for airplane food. FA did not provide us Singapore Arrival Form. You should go ask them. During the flight, the FA were only busy with selling drinks, snacks and onboard shopping. No attention were paid to passengers.
RouteDMK to SIN