Top 100 Airlines

Scoot

"you cannot trust them"

Verified Review | Forget Scoot. They cancelled the flight three weeks before and have not refunded even after 6 mails and 3 months waiting for them paying the money back. I had to pay 100 Euro more and had some stress for searching and booking via another airline and they even do not pay me the money for the original ticket of their cancelled flight. You cannot trust them.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"very good low cost airline"

Verified Review | Scoot is a very good low cost airline. I would fly it over Jetstar for this route from Perth to Singapore if I am travelling on a low cost airline. The plane was new and clean. We did leave later than expected as the plane flying into Perth got delayed in Singapore. Scoot sent me an email with a bid fo Biz upgrade. I entertained the idea and I bid for it, which I won a day after. However, on the day of check in, there was a change of plane in Singapore hence the delayed flight, and they could not put me in the Biz section so I asked for a refund. After calling their call centre, I was told that I had to call back to check for updates and they do not have the provision to send email updates. Anyway, I am still waiting for my one week period for them to process this.
RoutePER to SIN
Date FlownApril 2016

"not allowed to bring outside food"

Verified Review | Bangkok Don Muang to Singapore evening flight. Before boarding the aircraft, we had still some time left to do shopping and a quick bite at the airport. We decided to buy a meal at the airport and took it to the plane to eat. When seated in the plane, FA came to us and told us: 'You are not allowed to bring outside food in the aircraft. You are required to stop eating until disembarkation. Please refer to the terms and conditions when you booked this flight'. I though the FA was making a joke, but she was serious and stood next to us until we put our food in our bag. Then she informed her colleague who said we were not allowed to eat. If we are hungry, we could buy their meal on board. Nasi Lemak 15S$, Chicken rice 15S$ prices are not acceptable for airplane food. FA did not provide us Singapore Arrival Form. You should go ask them. During the flight, the FA were only busy with selling drinks, snacks and onboard shopping. No attention were paid to passengers.
RouteDMK to SIN
Date FlownApril 2016

"most impressed with Scoot"

Perth to Singapore. My wife and I were most impressed with Scoot. From checking in at the airport, the staff were obliging and friendly. The seats were comfortable, plenty of legroom, food was excellent and cabin staff very polite and friendly. On the return journey, the only complaint we have is that we were seated opposite the toilet and this at times had its moments of drifting odours. We are flying again at xmas time and hope we again have a good experience.
RoutePER to SIN

"great value for money"

Verified Review | Sydney to Singapore with Scoot. Excellent experience and great value for money. Would highly recommend for those on a budget. For those needing extra leg room it is so much better than economy class. Staff really looked after us and it was great being first on and off the plane. No need to stand in long queues and having to jostle past other travelers.
AircraftDreamliner
Date FlownApril 2016

"uncomfortable flying with them"

Verified Review | Our experience flying Scoot from Melbourne to Taipei via Singapore was a miserable one. The cabin was hot, as there are no overhead airvents it just got worse as the flight went on. What makes this issue worse is they charge you a lot for water when they are running a very hot cabin. I wrote to Scoot feedback about this issue and they confirmed they run the cabin at 24c degrees. Once the sun streams in through the windows and there's no cool air in the cabin it feels a lot hotter. From this flight my mother got sick and she was unwell for the rest of our trip. I read all the negative reviews of Scoot but went into flying with them with an open mind but I couldn't ignore how uncomfortable flying with them is. Next the seats, after a few hours it feels like a metal bar is pushing into your lower back, I found them unbearable, the food wasn't much better. Because of this we changed carriers when we flew back and went Emirates, which after you add all the add ons on Scoot really wasn't much more expensive. It was like night and day - we had ventilation, the food was decent and the seats comfortable . Why do Scoot run the cabins so hot and why no ventilation. These are basic needs of human comfort. The cabin attendants were rude - one had a fair old go at my mum for eating a sandwich she bought at the airport. Once we landed in Singapore they parked at a stand and bussed us to the terminal, considering the amount of clear gates, is this really necessary ?
RouteMEL to TPE via SIN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

Scoot customer review

Verified Review | Singapore to Guangzhou, flying with Scoot. They have good aircraft, staff, etc, but their schedule is just crazy. They cannot operate the Guangzhou flight on time even though they have a blocked flight time which is much longer than the actual flying time. Have to improve their game. Pros, a good aircraft in the Boeing 787, nice staff and good seats. The cons: bad scheduling - remote gate in Guangzhou is horrendous (other airlines get better gates). Horrible placing of light and call attendant button in the seat area, and it went off every 10 seconds in the flight.
RouteSIN to CAN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"actually a good experience"

Verified Review | First experience of Boeing 787 with Scoot on Singapore Bangkok round trip. While Scoot is low cost airline, the aircraft was brand new Boeing 787 and seats were quite comfortable. Routine flight, but one can sense that you are flying on higher altitude than usual (it was 42000ft). Okay service, no delay - was actually a good experience. Plus the aircraft is able to contact to WiFi.
RouteSIN to BKK
Date FlownJune 2015

"great experience flying Scoot"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Singapore, and a great experience flying with Scoot! First time I had flown with them. Plane was quite large, made you feel like you had room, and wasn't cramped. Empty seats all around, lots of room to stretch out. Great for short trips, if you only have a carry on bag. No snacks or drinks included in flight, but it's a budget airline. Price of the tickets was well worth it. Would definitely fly with them again.
RouteDMK to SIN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"I like Scoot as a low cost airline"

Third time flying with Scoot, from Sydney to Singapore. New Boeing 787-900 was clean and comfortable. I like the larger size windows and you can adjust the tinting. Crew friendly and efficient. Did not pre purchase any food but you can buy onboard. The adjustment I would like to see is perhaps complimentary water. There is no inflight entertainment so take that into consideration on the 7-8hr trip and plan ahead. Return flight was also good, but the late departure out of Singapore at 1.45am is quite tiring. Scoot CEO was on board and crew took opportunity to invite passengers to have photos taken with them and their CEO. Overall, I like Scoot as a low cost airline and if you keep this in mind and not expect a full service airline (ie: pay as you go) you shouldn't be too disappointed.