Scoot

Review by (Australia)

I was flying to Singapore from the Gold Coast. My friend and I had some food with us. My friend is vegan, and there was nothing for her on their menu. A stewardess came up to us after boarding and said that we were not allowed to consume our own food on board, we needed to buy food from them. After a 10-minute discussion she said she would make an exception for us and allow us to eat our food. She also said that it was her job to make us follow such rules. If you want to watch a movie they bring you something like an iPad. They do not have USB sockets to recharge your phone either. What they do have are the staff call buttons and light buttons located where you put your arms, so that you cannot prevent from hitting these buttons unintentionally while sleeping or sitting. As for the food, I had to order some food on the way back. I ordered Beef Casserole for $11. The taste and quality was mediocre.
RouteGold Coast to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Singapore)

DMK-SIN was flown using an old B777 aircraft even though SCOOT website listed it as a B787 flight at time of ticket purchase. While the B787 would have been a newer and more comfortable aircraft, I did not mind the equipment change for this short sector. However, the aircraft air-conditioning malfunctioned just before push-back making the cabin hot and stuffy. Despite this, passengers were not allowed to disembark the aircraft while the fault was being fixed. Cabin crew seemed disinterested and appeared disgruntled. It was only after several complaints from passengers did the cabin crew allow passengers onto the jetway. For this, no announcements were made for obvious reasons - the jetway soon became crowded. 6 airport security personnel were brought in. Cups of water were handed out to make the delay more bearable. The aircraft departed about 90 mins late. To add insult to injury, baggage was delayed in Singapore by 2 hours due to lightning risk. No representative from SCOOT was present to provide assistance or updates. Passengers had to wait clueless of how long the delay was going to last. This despite SCOOT extremely steep baggage fees. SCOOT's basement fares translate into rock-bottom service, which can make the experience extremely painful if things don't go as planned.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Australia)

Delayed 2 hours leaving Sydney due to late inbound arrival, I was able to use my American Express card for Lounge Access which helped. Aircraft 2 months old so very clean. Scootbiz was acceptable for 8 hour flight. The food was ok (upgraded to premium meal). Cabin staff worked hard and were friendly. Would fly Scootbiz again.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSYD to SIN
Date FlownJune 2015

Scoot customer review

Review by (United States)

Flew NKG-SIN-MLE-SIN-NKG. The airline has good seats compared to other airline. They currently don't have inflight entertainment so you can only read their magazine or do something on your phone to entertain yourself. I didn't purchase food nor drinks but the food and drinks seems expensive even by airport standards. On the way back to Nanjing the flight was delayed for 12 hours due to bad weather. They gave food vouchers for use in Changi Airport. The flights from SIN-MLE-SIN were operated by Tigerair.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNKG to SIN

Review by (Austria)

Scoot Biz is not business class that's what I learned on the flight to Hong Kong but why? 1) Seats in Scoot Biz are nothing more than cheap Premium Economy seats made out of synthetic leather and plastic. The adjustment of backrest and footrest is very sluggish. 2) Food on my Scoot flight was inadequate, it was like a 1$ meal from Walmart. 3) You don't get pillows and blankets (you buy it). 4) You have no IFE in the whole plane, but the WIFI is very cheap.
RouteSIN to HKG

Review by (Singapore)

First time flying with Scoot's Boeing 787-800. I was surprised that the seat offers good seat pitch and recline even when compared to existing full service airline seats on the Boeing 787. The the light and cabin crew call buttons are a design flaw that Scoot have yet to rectify. Apart from that, flight arrived 15 minutes earlier and the cabin crew were professional and friendly. No doubt that Scoot offers very competitive airfares on this route and the overall experience was positive for an LCC.
RouteBangkok to Singapore

Review by (Hong Kong)

Scoot seems cheaper, but with all the inconveniences and add ons, it is actually close to the price of a full service airline. If you pay for a meal, it is atrocious even by airline standards. Basic things like check in from the city of origin to destination if you need a transfer in SIN are not included - there is a fee (marketed as Scoot-Thru) if you do not want to go through customs. I took two trips with them (one “Business” – read premium economy) and one economy, and have had surprises on both. The latest was not being able to check in online from Hong Kong. Atrociously inconvenient and indicative of shoddy service. Definitely an airline to be avoided.
RouteHong Kong to Singapore

Review by (Australia)

Having flown Business Class on International routes with other airlines, we thought that Scoot Biz may be good value for money. Bear in mind we assumed Biz was short for Business. Instead of Business Class it was Business Farce. We had to pay extra to use the lounge and were told at the check-in desk to go to Singapore Airlines Business lounge - not so! Singapore Airlines wouldn't even admit Scoot Biz passengers, but instead referred us to another lower market lounge. The seats only reclined 8 inches and the leg support did nothing. I asked for 2 pillows to support my back and was told I had to pay for them. That was when the staff told me that it was not Business Class but Premium Economy. The meal supplied was the same as you get on any Economy Class flight with other airlines. Only one drink supplied for the 7 hour flight. The old adage "you get what you pay for" rings true with Scoot Airlines.
RouteSingapore to Coolangatta
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (Australia)

We travelled Biz class from Sydney to Singapore then the next day to Bangkok. The schedule suited us exactly as it allowed us overnight in Singapore to catch up with friends. The flight left on time but due to strong head winds we arrived in Singapore a little bit late. Biz class is good value especially if you buy on promo and we were glad to have the extra leg room for that 8 hour flight. We booked aisle seats in the middle, so got an empty seat between us. Plenty of room to move about. We had the upgraded meals That was worth the extra compared to the normal meals we saw served. Scoot offers a free drink of your choice as part of the meal. Water was available free any time. We took our snacks onboard and there wasn't a mention from any staff about that. Then again, the snacks made no mess. We used Scoot in style at Singapore airport. Incidentally we used Krisflyer points to get a Scoot voucher and used the voucher to pay the Scoot in Style upgrade after making our booking. You need to do all that on the website beforehand. It worked perfectly. So we arrived at check-in 3 hours ahead of the Bangkok flight and got about 2 full hours in the SATS lounge. It was worth it as you can eat and drink a lot during 2 hours! The Bangkok flight was pretty full as it was a public holiday, but Biz class was ok. Again we were offered any drink to go with our upgraded meal. We got a seat between us empty. It was a good quality experience, I'd do it again any time. Behind us was the quiet cabin with no children. That looked good too.
RouteSydney to Singapore then to Bangkok

Scoot customer review

Review by (United States)

I flew on a return trip SIN-HKG on a Boeing 787 economy class. The worst part about Scoot is booking on its website. It automatically selects add-ons so you need to stay vigilant when booking your flight. The flights both were ordinary and the 787 cabin was comfortable. I flew on a flash sale fare without any add-ons or checked luggage making my flights worth the money. Passengers with checked luggage and those who need to reserve seats for family members may find better fares on other airlines.
Cabin Staff Service N/A