Scoot

"service was way below par"

Verified Review | Took a business class from Singapore to Athens return. We booked our flights pretty early, couple of months ago prior to the flight and booked our seats for the flight. Paid about SGD 2.2k per person. From Singapore to Athens, the quality of service and the standard of the service was way below par. The air stewardesses do not know what they were doing, some told us that we could have free flow water, some then told us that actually they do not serve water unless we purchase. Thereafter when it came to meal time, the stewardesses were clearly unsure of what was on the menu, i.e. we were offered the choices of pumpkin or turkey wrap, but actually, it was a pumpkin and turkey wrap. As it was an overnight flight, we were woken up 4 hours before the arrival for our meals, which was a little annoying for some of us whom have given them instructions that we didnt want our meals. From Athens to Singapore, during check in, we realised that our first row seats were given away to customers who did a 150euro upgrade. It was unprofessional of this airline as we booked our seats way in advance, paid much more for our business class seats, and the walk-in customers whom came by the counters, decided to pay for the upgrade with simply 150 euro, and yet they could take our seats which we have chosen beforehand. And we can all foresee, the counter staff, ground staff etc all said they cant do anything about it. We sent in a feedback to Scoot and as we can all expect it, there wasnt any response from them. We met another passenger who also told us that Scoot just cancelled his flight. Word of advice: If you really have to travel via business class seats, choose the first row as the rows 2 and 3 are not worth the heavy price tag. There wasn't any certainty and your seats can be given away to others.
RouteSingapore to Athens

"service was under par"

Verified Review | Penang to Singapore. I was literally screamed at by a cabin attendant when I wanted to take a general cabin view picture during boarding (I grudgingly complied). With other airlines it's an ok thing so long as you don't take pictures of cabin crew, which is the regulation in Europe. But why do they have to be so rude towards someone who just wants to document his flight experience? My flight departed Penang late which resulted in a late arrival in Singapore. No Scoot WiFi on these planes. Probably the only plus point was the ground staff in Penang who were polite. So although the seat pitch and comfort was acceptable on this flight and the price was amazing, the service was under par.
RoutePenang to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2017

"non-existent customer service"

Verified Review | Singapore to Penang. Almost non-existent customer service. Had a delay of nearly 12 hours for my flight from Melbourne to Singapore. All I received was an email sent the night before informing us of the delay for our morning flight the next day. Reason given in email for the delay was due to "operational constraint" which was rejected by my insurance. I understand from the cabin crew that the delay is due to technical issues but customer service staff refuses to provide a proper report hence I am unable to claim my insurance for the delay. Got a $50 voucher from Scoot for the delay, used it to book another scoot flight and was charged an additional mystery charge. Called and found out it was wrongly charged yet they refused to refund. When pushed further, the service staff insist that I upgrade my seat and use the amount to offset the difference and make additional payment on the balance. Mistake on their side but customer to bear the costs?
RouteSingapore to Penang
Date FlownAugust 2017

"ask for refund after my trip"

Verified Review | Singapore to Hong Kong. I bought business in May 2016 but Scoot cancel the route and change Tiger to operate and downgrade me to economy. All the business luggage and meal disappeared, just refund a little. I complaint to ask for better seat arrangement and free luggage to compensation. They change my request to 1st row seat & 30kg luggage but charge me. I complained times to cancel the request, I said if I need to pay, I won't take it, ask them to revise me back for normal seat. However, their CS didn't amend, even on my travel day morning, I ask and ask in channel but no one revise for me. At counter, I refuse the first row, they assigned another row for me. Therefore, I ask for refund after my trip. However, I trace and ask, ask and trace million times, they didn't refund. Even until now, they still no refund.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2016

"a bit disappointed"

Verified Review | Athens to Sydney via Singapore. Decent flights and seats but a few issues that left us all a bit disappointed. Their policy of charging over S$10/L for drinking water and refusing to provide any for free (even on an 11 hour flight) means their staff are constantly dealing with upset customers and are frequently grumpy as a result. As others have pointed out the call buttons are poorly places and set off constantly by people leaning on their armrests - the cabin staff mostly just ignore them. The menu was unimpressive, especially for an airline based out of SIN, and the hot meals (S$12) were tiny. The seat belt signs were on for more than half of our first two flights, with no turbulence, and with most passengers and the just ignoring them. On the whole feels even more budget than AirAsia / AirAsiaX or Jetstar, but a decent choice for the money if they're flying where you're going.
RouteAthens to Sydney via Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Scoot biz not worth it"

Verified Review | Singapore to Athens. While Scoot economy is quite good value for money, the biz section is totally the opposite. Besides the friendly crew and larger but uncomfortable seat, the rest was not there. Food and drinks are very limited and below par to any comparison. My WiFi and entertainment didn't work on both directions. "Sorry about this" was the reply when brought up to flight crew. Someone behind me gave them a 30 mins earful regarding same issues so I opted not to do the same and honor their politeness with just mentioning my concerns. Overhaul, Scoot biz not worth it. I would get better outcome on premium economy somewhere else. Their economy is not bad considering the price range.
RouteSingapore to Athens

"had a great experience"

Verified Review | A better experience on Scoot than my trip with Singapore Airlines. The plane is quite new and has excellent facilities. The seats, cabin and toilets are clean. Scoot crew somehow provide better service than my Singapore Airlines flight. I had a great experience flying Scoot despite being no frills.
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2017

"decent airline for the price"

Verified Review | Singapore to Hong Kong. Scoot is a decent airline for the ticket price that I paid. Online check-in was simple to use although I have no idea why there is a need for a further document check at the airport when I was eligible for straight-to-gate. Boarding was orderly and the flight departed Singapore on time. My assigned seat was comfortable and legroom was good. Cabin crew were also generally good although they didn't really smile very often and they generally left passengers alone. Unlike AirAsia Scoot charges for inflight WiFi streaming entertainment and I thought that was not worth it. The onboard menu wasn't so impressive and food was generally expensive. The flight arrived in Hong Kong early so that's a plus point in my book. I was not really happy with the placement of the attendant call buttons on the armrest - during the entire flight I could hear many instances of passengers accidentally pressing the buttons (myself included). All in all I'd be happy to give Scoot another try again, but until they fix that annoying call button and provide free inflight entertainment I would not look to them for long-haul flights.
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong
Date FlownJune 2017

"seats comparable with full service carriers"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Singapore on 9 June and Singapore to Bangkok on 18 June. Both flights with Scoot departed on time. Check-in at the counter in DMK had about 20-25 passengers in the queue at about 2 hours before departure. The queue moved quickly. Similar experience with check-in at SIN. Kudos to Scoot for having sufficient counters to handle check-in traffic. A quick glance at nearby counters for other carriers including full-service carriers tell a different tale; long queues of 80 passengers or more is common. The flight from BKK to SIN originated from Japan with a stopover in BKK. The flight from BKK to SIN continues to Japan. This being a B787-8, the cabin feels spacious and clean. Cabin crew provided clear announcements in English. Announcements were also made in Japanese. Cabin crew was friendly and had constant presence in the cabin. They were fastidious with safety checks before departure and arrival. What impressed me was the seats which had good recline comparable with full service carriers and the sufficient space in the overhead cabins despite the flights being full. Seats at other LCCs covering this route could barely recline.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2017

"crew were very warm and friendly"

Verified Review | Flew Bangkok DMK to Tokyo NRT. Scoot is the SG low cost carrier but travelling in Scoot Business gives you pretty much a full service carrier experience. Priority check-in at the airport, but no priority security or lounge access, free checked bag, meal on board, etc. Check-in at the airport was quick and efficient and DMK is not the busiest airport in the world so both immigration and security were quick. We arrived after boarding had started but given that we had "board me first" status we were actively sought out by the gate staff and whisked around the boarding queue. Seats in Scoot business are very much like the seats found in premium economy on most airlines, so 22 inch wide with 8 inch recline. They are very comfortable. There is no IFE but WiFi and a streaming service is provided free of charge in business. A hot meal is included in the price which can be either pre-booked or ordered once on board. After boarding we were given the choice of having our meal straight away or prior to landing. Everything else not pre-booked is charged for at reasonable prices. The crew were very warm and friendly and seemed genuinely eager to please. Given the excellent price point Scoot is highly recommended for 5-6 hour flights such as this one.
RouteBangkok DMK to Tokyo NRT