Top 100 Airlines

SCAT Airlines

"I am glad I flew with them"

(Kazakhstan)

SCAT has a very poor reputation but I had no problems with them. Check in was performed by a handling agent in Almaty and as usual with any airline there it was perfunctory but efficient. I had selected my seats previously online with no issues. The flight started to board a little late alongside an Air Astana flight departing 5 minutes later to Astana, resulting in many passengers going to the wrong gate and being turned back there. This is more an airport issue than an airline one though. The flight pushed back around 5 minutes behind schedule. The aircraft, although rather old, felt comfortable and the crew were very efficient. They managed to serve candies before take off, a boxed meal and a drink followed by tea and coffee and more candies before landing all for a 1 hour 20 minute flight. Baggage was included in the ticket price and the onboard service was friendly. The price was less than many European low cost carriers would charge for their most basic service. Their low safety ranking nearly put me off but according to their website they are working on getting accreditation so this reassured me and I am glad I flew with them.
RouteALA to TSE