SATA International

SATA International customer review

LIS-PDL: Funny enough we had to claim and re-check our bags in LIS (arriving from MUC with TP) even so the SATA Flight operated on a TP code also. Ground crew very helpful and friendly; A310 aircraft well past its prime with very tired seats but clean. Bar service features nice Azorean beer/wine. Sandwich and ice cream served after take-off. The toasted sandwich was the most disgusting piece of food I have seen in years. In general TAP seems to be the better ride to the Azores.

SATA International customer review

Munich - Ponta Delgada and return; stop-over in Porto. Both flights departed on time and arrived slightly ahead of schedule. The crews were caring friendly and professional. Basic in-flight entertainment (music film/short videos and information regarding the Azores) which is more than enough for the time one spends on-board. Full meal and drinks service on the Munich - Porto sector snacks and drinks on the Porto - Ponta Delgada sector. A nice and well-presented magazine with useful information for anyone travelling to the Azores. The ground staff in Ponta Delgada was also very professional and helpful (especially concerning inquires on hurricane Nadine and its effect on our flight). Overall great value for money a professional airline offering basic and good service with a flavour of Azorean culture. It has been a very pleasant experience I would definitely fly SATA again.

SATA International customer review

Our trip from Boston to P.Delgada was ok except for the cramped seating and rude service from flight attendants. On the way back to Boston from P.Delgada was a nightmare for any parent travelling with a 5 yr old boy. They boarded us on time we took our seats and then waited and waited! Finally after an hour and no take off SATA informed us that we were waiting on 30 passengers that were still in Santa Maria. My son had started to become inpatient after about an hour and a half so I asked if we could go back into the airport with my child to stretch a little and the attendant told me no. They didn't even play a movie for us. After about 2 agonizing hours the 30 passengers arrived. Finally after boarding us 2.5 hours early the plane was finally ready to take of. Employees are unprofessional and disorganized.

SATA International customer review

We flew from Faial to Ponta Delaga for a connecting flight into Boston on 08/18/2012. We arrived in Ponta Delgada at 11.45 am and was to board a plane for Boston at 2 pm. Flight S4221 was delayed out of Lisbon and 12 hours later SATA cancelled the flight. Me my husband and 4 year old daughter helplessly sat at the airport for 12 uneventful and agonizing hours waiting for news! At 12.30 am they finally informed us that the flight was cancelled and they didn't have enough rooms for everyone. SATA staff should have offered vouchers to families with children first similar to how airlines handle boarding. SATA was very little help and we were on our own. The next day other travelers who were lucky enough to get a voucher told us that hotels didn't accept SATA's voucher and that they would have to pay the hotel and the traveller needed to get reimbursed from SATA. At the airport SATA staff gave some of the travellers a difficult time about getting reimbursed. It was complete and utter chaos.

SATA International customer review

Boston to Lisbon their version of business/first class. Unacceptable. We booked this flight as it met our needs and paid the extra for the premium seats so that we could sleep. Our seats row 3 A and C were the only ones that did not recline due to the placement of a closet. We were not allowed to move as they had given the extra seats to non revenue [employees] passengers. I have written to the company many times to complain about this issue but so far no reply.

SATA International customer review

Ponta Delgada to Toronto. As always the crew were pleasant and helpful but dinner was terrible with no choice and very tough steaks - most were returned uneaten. Club class lounge at Ponta Delgada is poor - one step up from the past couple of years. The use of KLM in Toronto is very pleasant and Lisbon's lounge is lovely.

SATA International customer review

I flew with Sata Airlines this summer while traveling in the Azores. As there was some difficulty with the online booking of my flight I called the airline and was assisted by a very kind and helpful representative. Unfortunately I became ill during my trip and needed to change several flights. All customer service representatives were very courteous attentive and helpful. The supervisor involved was also very understanding and flexible waiving the penalties for a flight change due to illness. I very much appreciated these positive experiences with Sata Airlines.

SATA International customer review

Flights to and from Punta Delgada 2.5 hr delay outbound should have merited some explanation/apology from ground staff at Gatwick. New plane was comfortable and flight crew friendly and efficient. A shame then that ground handling at Manchester was so awful. Given that this is a weekly flight there should be a better system for dealing with transit passengers.

SATA International customer review

We found SATA to be better than the major international carriers from the US to Europe. New planes comfortable seats good food and excellent friendly service. We took off and landed on time.

(Denmark)

CPH-FNC return. All flights on time with no delays. Food service was not bad but certainly not of a good standard. You must pay for alcoholic drinks this is OK but prices are unfair. Cabin Attendants were uninterested and not enthusiastic about service. Security procedures in focus.