SA Express

Review by (South Africa)

I am a frequent flyer and unfortunately have to fly on SA Express. I fly from PE to Durban PE to Johannesburg PE to Cape Town and Bloemfontein to Johannesburg. Including returns to PE. I don't believe that in the last 6 months there hasn't been a delay on these flights. I can honestly say that the service is of the poorest in this country. The inflight service is awful. Sitting in CT now with another 2 hour delay SA Express wastes so much of mine and others time with all their delays. I would never recommend.

Review by (South Africa)

Flew SA Express CPT-DUR and previously DUR-CPT-DUR. Crew have always been excellent. They are warm and friendly right from boarding where we are always greeted by a great smile. Food is good sandwiches for dinner with chocolate for dessert. A good selection of drinks were offered. Leather seats are very comfortable but are now showing some signs of age. Love flying SA Express because their planes always seem private and warm. Baggage was on the carousel quickly from deplaning. Overall three great experiences with SAX.

Review by (Switzerland)

We booked a flight Port Elizabeth-Cape Town in January 2014: Unplanned landing in George because of a malfunctioning cabin door no serious help from the cabin crew. In George we were sent to the transit for the next flight from Port Elizabeth-Cape Town departing 2 hours later which was surprisingly almost empty. Because of that we missed the trip that we booked in Cape Town in the afternoon. No desk at Cape Town Airport from South African Express no answer from them after we send our complaint and no "sorry" from their side. Really disappointing.

SA Express customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

CPT-GRJ with SAA Air Link. Love this route serviced with a superb EMB135LR. Pre-booked seats and check in easy. Domestic side of CPT airport is a pleasant roomy building with a couple of good cafe's. Flight called on time and departed on the dot. Friendly and efficient single cabin crew member managed to get through snack/juice service in 40 minute flight even though plane was full. Impressed with her diligence to cabin safety. Captain informative during short flight pointing out way points on what was a stunning day. On time arrival and picked up bags as we walked off the plane. Great little airline.

Review by (South Africa)

Round trip from OR Tambo to Richards Bay. On time departures and on time arrivals on both occasions. Comfortable seats - good service. Planes are noisy (Dash 400). Baggage arrival at Richards Bay took for ages with no explanation. Rather expensive for such a short flight. Otherwise no complaints.

Review by (South Africa)

Second time on SA Express - again impressed by speed at boarding and getting away really like the feature of putting your excess hand luggage on a trolley as you board (Skycheck) and receiving it as you get off the plane. Delayed one hour due to technical issues from J'burg to East London - delays constantly communicated and mentioned onboard too. The flight was a tale of 2 hostesses - one rude obnoxious and obviously hated her job 'Could I sit on this seat - 'NO') the other friendly engaging delightful - apologizing for only having one choice of white wine available (I remain impressed of the free beverage they serve on short domestic flights). Luggage out within 5 minutes off the plane. Good journey let down by one attendant.

Review by (South Africa)

Maputo to Cape Town on Friday 19 July at 09.40. As a rule I try not to take my luggage as cabin luggage to make sure there is enough space for everyone in the plane for there hand luggage. On this flight I knew I had someone waiting for me in Cape Town and would have preferred to take all my luggage on the plane. When I saw it was SA Express and a small plane I decided to check in my luggage. What a mistake. I must admit everything on the flight from weigh in to landing went very well. After landing we waited over 20 mins for luggage eventually it came out that the staff had just unloaded the plane and then left the luggage outside! Really poor performance!

Review by (South Africa)

CPT to DUR on 1 April. Travelling with an elderly relative who needed wheelchair assistance. Helpful right from the check-in guy to the wheelchair assistant in Durban. On time flight - comfortable seats and pleasant food. Couldn't fault the help from the crew and landside wheelchair assistants. Much appreciated.

SA Express customer review

Review by (United Kingdom)

Jo'berg to George return. On both flights the two stewardesses were friendly and helpful. The seat was comfortable the 'light snack' in a box far better than a lot of others I've had on larger airlines. Very fresh well filled roll chocolate bar and little biscuit plus soft drinks or coffee/tea. I'm pretty sure there were other drinks but I wasn't really paying attention! Outbound flight was a few minutes early arriving the inbound 20 minutes early! As we were all on board the pilot took off then and there - great! We were able to check in our luggage from George to LHR with no problem great bonus not having to drag it from one terminal to another at Jo'berg. Very friendly check in lady at George. Very happy with all aspects of our flights.

Review by (South Africa)

CRJ700 aircraft JNB-Walvis bay. Departed and arrived on time friendly cabin crew. Cold light box meal served with drinks which was more than adequate and tasty. Captain kept passengers informed - all in all a pleasant experience.