S7 Siberia Airlines

"I liked it a lot"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I visited my relatives in Mineralnye Vody flying from Moscow Domodedovo with my mother and flew with S7. I liked it a lot, food was good, I got two chicken sandwiches which were fresh and tasty. I want to add that S7 have the most beautiful planes I’ve ever seen, the green color makes you feel positive from the first sight.
RouteMineralnye Vody to Moscow Domodedovo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"The flight was really good"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Mineralnye Vody. It was the first time that I bought simple economy class without any luggage. Previous experience with Russian low-costs was far from successful, but before that I used S7 services a lot, so that made me choose that option. Also regarding the fact, that tickets were the cheapest ones at that moment. The flight was really good. Punctual, with friendly cabin crew and nice green airplane (I like their design and it’s an important factor for me). However, I want to leave some life hacks for that tariff option, that may help future passengers to avoid some undesirable obstacles and enjoy the flight as I did. I’ve seen here some critic about that proposal of S7 and I guess often the reason is, that we’re are not used to such types of flights. First of all, be aware what is included in your ticket and what isn’t. In the case of basic economy class it’ food, beverages and 10 kg of hand luggage. You have to pay for a normal luggage and choosing the place in plane. Important thing - if you bought tickets together, it makes no sense to pay for a place to sit also together. A system will make it automatically, so just save your money. In case of additional luggage - it’s better to purchase it in the internet. It will be cheaper than in the airport. In the airplane there isn’t always a lot of free space for hand luggage, but if you have a problem - just ask the stewardess. They are pretty friendly and always here to help. Also if food portion was small for you - you can always ask for additional one. Regarding my experience with S7, cabin crew will never say no.
RouteMoscow to Mineralnye Vody
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"trip left the good impression"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Varna. My last trip to S7 happened in the end of August. I’m using their priority system, collecting miles flying with S7 in Russia and their partner Air Berlin in Berlin. Must say it works pretty well, I’ve never tried to buy tickets for miles, but I change often to the upper class and use their business lounge in airports. To Varna I also flew in business. That time we had a small delay. As we were told after, because of weather conditions. Less than one hour, but not the best thing anyway. Fortunately during the flight everything was fine. S7 have good choice of food in business class, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. There is almost no difference between in-land and abroad flights, except that cabin crew can speak English really fluent. Generally, that trip left the good impression. Would use their service further
RouteMoscow to Varna
Date FlownAugust 2017

"never saw smile of the crews"

Verified Review | Vladivostock to Seoul Incheon. Everything is lime green, the planes, the laboratory, parts of the crew uniform, and etc. Planes looked relatively modern, the inside of planes are quite clean, but laboratory always kinda dirty. Quality of service was decent. However, the few times I flew with S7, never saw one smile on any of the crews, ground, at gate, or in the air. Food was terrible, so was drink options. However, for the many cities it serves, this is probably the best choice.
RouteVladivostock to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"liked the low-cost version of S7"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Simferopol and it was the first time for me when I bought S7 tickets without luggage. First of all, there was a fee for choosing a seat, but the check-in online was possible. I didn’t even need to go to the check-in counter in Domodedovo. The flight was punctual. We did not wait for a bus, but came to the plane directly with a jet bridge. In the plane, it took more time for everyone to pack the hand luggage, maybe because the majority had the same tickets as me. However, regarding the price it was understandable. During the flight we got sandwiches and beverages. The choice of sandwiches was between cheese and chicken. They were pretty tasty. On the way back everything was almost the same. So I would say I really liked the new low-cost version of S7. Excluding the luggage and fee for seats I got the same quality, but for a lower price.
RouteMoscow to Simferopol
Date FlownJune 2017

"stewardesses spoke really fluent English"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | We flew with my wife and son from Barcelona to Yekaterinburg through Domodedovo (S892 & S091). To be honest after three months in Europe we were a bit scared by the flaws of Russian service. However, it was not the case of S7 Siberia Airlines. I felt that I was not in Spain anymore only when I saw the crowd of arguing taxi-drivers in our home airport Koltsovo. All the stewardesses spoke really fluent English and were friendly and polite. We were allowed to take baby food on board and the children were give a present immediately at the plane entrance. The food for adults was also fine. Most of all I liked the fact that for the both flights we got new Airbuses and the takeoff and landing were really quiet.
RouteBarcelona to Yekaterinburg
Date FlownMarch 2017

"attendants were friendly"

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow return with S7. Check in at St Petersburg and Sochi was quick and efficient. The check in counter at Sochi encouraged us to get a refund as check in baggage of less than 10 kg was free (this is a recently introduced measure to encourage checking of small bags). All flights left and departed on time and were comfortable. The cabin was clean and the attendants were friendly. Light refreshments were served on each sector. There was no in flight entertainment but these were relatively short internal flights so IFE was not expected.
RouteSt Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"the flights were on time"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow - Vienna. Nice flight. I’ve already used S7 for domestic flights, so decided to fly with them internationally and I was pretty satisfied by the whole trip. The aircraft were fine. I guess it was A319 for both ways. There was enough space for the legs in the economy seats (my height is 1.84m) and both planes looked new. Lunch was not very big, but tasty enough. The choice of beverages was a bit limited. What I find important - all the flights were on time. The workers in airport and on board made they job quickly and professional.
RouteMoscow to Vienna
Date FlownApril 2017

"atrocious experience"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Novosibirsk to Beijing. Absolutely atrocious experience. Flight was delayed by one hour- which was fine. However, a representative came and then informed me that S7 had cancelled my connecting flight from PEK to HKG. They did not even ask my permission. They also told me that they had put me on a different flight. However, this exact flight changed twice before I was finally put on a completely different flight altogether. My new flight was 12 hours later that original. Despite there being at least 5-6 other flights with OneWorld affiliates before that one. At PEK the S7 staff were incompetent and did not offer us any compensation, vouchers or substantive apology. The flight itself was fine but absolutely disgusted by their incompetence!
RouteNovosibirsk to Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2017

"comfortable time of departure"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Yekaterinburg to Moscow Domodedovo. The main advantages for me – comfortable time of departure (at 6:10 from Yekaterinburg, 6:40 arrival in Domodedovo), punctuality and flexible prices. I don’t need luggage, so I appreciate that I don’t have to pay for it. However, I buy priority seats. Usually, they are free at that time, so I get the whole row for myself. The flight lasts less than 2 hours, but S7 provides food (sandwiches with chicken or vegetables) and new press. Unfortunately, they have the flight back too early in the evening, so I have to choose other airlines. What becomes a pity every time, because in the quality-price ratio of S7 seem to be one of the best in the market.
RouteYekaterinburg to Moscow