S7 Siberia Airlines

"stewardesses spoke really fluent English"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | We flew with my wife and son from Barcelona to Yekaterinburg through Domodedovo (S892 & S091). To be honest after three months in Europe we were a bit scared by the flaws of Russian service. However, it was not the case of S7 Siberia Airlines. I felt that I was not in Spain anymore only when I saw the crowd of arguing taxi-drivers in our home airport Koltsovo. All the stewardesses spoke really fluent English and were friendly and polite. We were allowed to take baby food on board and the children were give a present immediately at the plane entrance. The food for adults was also fine. Most of all I liked the fact that for the both flights we got new Airbuses and the takeoff and landing were really quiet.
RouteBarcelona to Yekaterinburg
Date FlownMarch 2017

"attendants were friendly"

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow return with S7. Check in at St Petersburg and Sochi was quick and efficient. The check in counter at Sochi encouraged us to get a refund as check in baggage of less than 10 kg was free (this is a recently introduced measure to encourage checking of small bags). All flights left and departed on time and were comfortable. The cabin was clean and the attendants were friendly. Light refreshments were served on each sector. There was no in flight entertainment but these were relatively short internal flights so IFE was not expected.
RouteSt Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"the flights were on time"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow - Vienna. Nice flight. I’ve already used S7 for domestic flights, so decided to fly with them internationally and I was pretty satisfied by the whole trip. The aircraft were fine. I guess it was A319 for both ways. There was enough space for the legs in the economy seats (my height is 1.84m) and both planes looked new. Lunch was not very big, but tasty enough. The choice of beverages was a bit limited. What I find important - all the flights were on time. The workers in airport and on board made they job quickly and professional.
RouteMoscow to Vienna
Date FlownApril 2017

"atrocious experience"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Novosibirsk to Beijing. Absolutely atrocious experience. Flight was delayed by one hour- which was fine. However, a representative came and then informed me that S7 had cancelled my connecting flight from PEK to HKG. They did not even ask my permission. They also told me that they had put me on a different flight. However, this exact flight changed twice before I was finally put on a completely different flight altogether. My new flight was 12 hours later that original. Despite there being at least 5-6 other flights with OneWorld affiliates before that one. At PEK the S7 staff were incompetent and did not offer us any compensation, vouchers or substantive apology. The flight itself was fine but absolutely disgusted by their incompetence!
RouteNovosibirsk to Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2017

"comfortable time of departure"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Yekaterinburg to Moscow Domodedovo. The main advantages for me – comfortable time of departure (at 6:10 from Yekaterinburg, 6:40 arrival in Domodedovo), punctuality and flexible prices. I don’t need luggage, so I appreciate that I don’t have to pay for it. However, I buy priority seats. Usually, they are free at that time, so I get the whole row for myself. The flight lasts less than 2 hours, but S7 provides food (sandwiches with chicken or vegetables) and new press. Unfortunately, they have the flight back too early in the evening, so I have to choose other airlines. What becomes a pity every time, because in the quality-price ratio of S7 seem to be one of the best in the market.
RouteYekaterinburg to Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"impressed by quality of service"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Yekaterinburg to Munich via Moscow. I flew with S7 Siberia Airlines in July 2016 to Munich and was impressed by quality of the service and the cabin crew. The food on board as I remember was really tasty. So I got really good impression. The only thing that surprised me, that on the way from Munich to Moscow there was a lot of free seats..
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteYekaterinburg to Munich via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2016

"do not expect exceptional service"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I fly with S7 20-30 segments per year and around 30 segments with different airlines. While the main reason for my choice is being on time, I like the seats all covered with leather and enough legroom for my 190 cm height. The meals I would assess as average. All aircrafts are relatively new except two B767. For the last consequential five years they had never lost my baggage, in contrast with three lost luggages by Aeroflot. I would recommend this airline for those who want to be on scheduled time and do not expect exceptional service. Their website is also very convenient.
RouteMoscow to Irkutsk
Date FlownJune 2017

"the cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I flew to Kazan from Moscow Domodedovo for a weekend visit on S7 Airlines on 10 and 12 February 2017. Flying domestically within Russia is very inexpensive, so it is affordable for many people. The result is that both flights were at capacity. Boarding was late on both flights, starting at the time the gate was supposed to close according to the ticket schedule. As with other Russian airlines, there is no pre-boarding or boarding by zones. Once the gate opens, it is a rush to board. It is important to board early on a budget airline like S7, because with bag charges, everyone tries to carry on as much as possible, and the overhead compartments fill quickly. Despite the chaotic boarding, both flights departed close to schedule. On both flights the cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm for me, but if you live in Russia, you know that Russians like it warm - very warm. I sat in economy and, although I don't consider myself tall at 180 cm, my knees were pressed up against the seat in front of me -- Absolutely no leg room at all. If you are taller than I am, you will be very uncomfortable. (See my photo) It was a short flight - only about 90 minutes. The flight attendants were very business-like and focused on getting the passengers a meal and drinks in the short time we were airborne. A bland sandwich and your choice of water (at cabin temperature) or hot tea was what you got. More than one would expect on a short flight, but not very high quality. I would have preferred just a cold beverage to cool me off in the warm, stuffy cabin. In the end the flight was what you would expect for 8000 rubles (138 USD): Not great, but what do you expect?
RouteMoscow Domodedovo to Kazan
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"onboard the product is quite good"

Verified Review | Moscow to Samara with S7. Staff at check-in don't speak much English but the service is quite efficient. Outbound flight delayed with minimal communication - eventual boarding via bus was particularly unpleasant in the Moscow snow. Onboard the product is quite good - reasonable legroom for a 1h30m flight. One bar service (juices, water and hot drinks) and a decent sandwich. Staff onboard spoke English and all annoucements in Russian and English. Return trip identical and again good - would recommend for short domestic flights.
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteDME to KUF
Date FlownNovember 2016

"leg room and recline was adequate"

Check in was efficient and fast. The Business Cabin was full. There were drinks at the pre takeoff stage. Flight was a little late boarding and taking off. The flight was comfortable and the food service adequate. There was no IFE on a six hour flight. Leg room and recline was adequate and given the length of the flight could have been better. Level of service was only adequate and airline on this experience barely justifies its three star rating. S7 Siberia Airlines recommended only for the value for a direct flight from Bangkok to Irkutsk.
RouteBKK to IKT