S7 Siberia Airlines

"never saw smile of the crews"

Verified Review | Vladivostock to Seoul Incheon. Everything is lime green, the planes, the laboratory, parts of the crew uniform, and etc. Planes looked relatively modern, the inside of planes are quite clean, but laboratory always kinda dirty. Quality of service was decent. However, the few times I flew with S7, never saw one smile on any of the crews, ground, at gate, or in the air. Food was terrible, so was drink options. However, for the many cities it serves, this is probably the best choice.
RouteVladivostock to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2017

"liked the low-cost version of S7"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Simferopol and it was the first time for me when I bought S7 tickets without luggage. First of all, there was a fee for choosing a seat, but the check-in online was possible. I didn’t even need to go to the check-in counter in Domodedovo. The flight was punctual. We did not wait for a bus, but came to the plane directly with a jet bridge. In the plane, it took more time for everyone to pack the hand luggage, maybe because the majority had the same tickets as me. However, regarding the price it was understandable. During the flight we got sandwiches and beverages. The choice of sandwiches was between cheese and chicken. They were pretty tasty. On the way back everything was almost the same. So I would say I really liked the new low-cost version of S7. Excluding the luggage and fee for seats I got the same quality, but for a lower price.
RouteMoscow to Simferopol
Date FlownJune 2017

"stewardesses spoke really fluent English"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | We flew with my wife and son from Barcelona to Yekaterinburg through Domodedovo (S892 & S091). To be honest after three months in Europe we were a bit scared by the flaws of Russian service. However, it was not the case of S7 Siberia Airlines. I felt that I was not in Spain anymore only when I saw the crowd of arguing taxi-drivers in our home airport Koltsovo. All the stewardesses spoke really fluent English and were friendly and polite. We were allowed to take baby food on board and the children were give a present immediately at the plane entrance. The food for adults was also fine. Most of all I liked the fact that for the both flights we got new Airbuses and the takeoff and landing were really quiet.
RouteBarcelona to Yekaterinburg
Date FlownMarch 2017

"attendants were friendly"

Verified Review | St Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow return with S7. Check in at St Petersburg and Sochi was quick and efficient. The check in counter at Sochi encouraged us to get a refund as check in baggage of less than 10 kg was free (this is a recently introduced measure to encourage checking of small bags). All flights left and departed on time and were comfortable. The cabin was clean and the attendants were friendly. Light refreshments were served on each sector. There was no in flight entertainment but these were relatively short internal flights so IFE was not expected.
RouteSt Petersburg to Sochi via Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"the flights were on time"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow - Vienna. Nice flight. I’ve already used S7 for domestic flights, so decided to fly with them internationally and I was pretty satisfied by the whole trip. The aircraft were fine. I guess it was A319 for both ways. There was enough space for the legs in the economy seats (my height is 1.84m) and both planes looked new. Lunch was not very big, but tasty enough. The choice of beverages was a bit limited. What I find important - all the flights were on time. The workers in airport and on board made they job quickly and professional.
RouteMoscow to Vienna
Date FlownApril 2017

"atrocious experience"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Novosibirsk to Beijing. Absolutely atrocious experience. Flight was delayed by one hour- which was fine. However, a representative came and then informed me that S7 had cancelled my connecting flight from PEK to HKG. They did not even ask my permission. They also told me that they had put me on a different flight. However, this exact flight changed twice before I was finally put on a completely different flight altogether. My new flight was 12 hours later that original. Despite there being at least 5-6 other flights with OneWorld affiliates before that one. At PEK the S7 staff were incompetent and did not offer us any compensation, vouchers or substantive apology. The flight itself was fine but absolutely disgusted by their incompetence!
RouteNovosibirsk to Beijing
Date FlownJuly 2017

"comfortable time of departure"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Yekaterinburg to Moscow Domodedovo. The main advantages for me – comfortable time of departure (at 6:10 from Yekaterinburg, 6:40 arrival in Domodedovo), punctuality and flexible prices. I don’t need luggage, so I appreciate that I don’t have to pay for it. However, I buy priority seats. Usually, they are free at that time, so I get the whole row for myself. The flight lasts less than 2 hours, but S7 provides food (sandwiches with chicken or vegetables) and new press. Unfortunately, they have the flight back too early in the evening, so I have to choose other airlines. What becomes a pity every time, because in the quality-price ratio of S7 seem to be one of the best in the market.
RouteYekaterinburg to Moscow
Date FlownJune 2017

"impressed by quality of service"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Yekaterinburg to Munich via Moscow. I flew with S7 Siberia Airlines in July 2016 to Munich and was impressed by quality of the service and the cabin crew. The food on board as I remember was really tasty. So I got really good impression. The only thing that surprised me, that on the way from Munich to Moscow there was a lot of free seats..
AircraftA319 / A320
RouteYekaterinburg to Munich via Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2016

"do not expect exceptional service"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I fly with S7 20-30 segments per year and around 30 segments with different airlines. While the main reason for my choice is being on time, I like the seats all covered with leather and enough legroom for my 190 cm height. The meals I would assess as average. All aircrafts are relatively new except two B767. For the last consequential five years they had never lost my baggage, in contrast with three lost luggages by Aeroflot. I would recommend this airline for those who want to be on scheduled time and do not expect exceptional service. Their website is also very convenient.
RouteMoscow to Irkutsk
Date FlownJune 2017

"the cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | I flew to Kazan from Moscow Domodedovo for a weekend visit on S7 Airlines on 10 and 12 February 2017. Flying domestically within Russia is very inexpensive, so it is affordable for many people. The result is that both flights were at capacity. Boarding was late on both flights, starting at the time the gate was supposed to close according to the ticket schedule. As with other Russian airlines, there is no pre-boarding or boarding by zones. Once the gate opens, it is a rush to board. It is important to board early on a budget airline like S7, because with bag charges, everyone tries to carry on as much as possible, and the overhead compartments fill quickly. Despite the chaotic boarding, both flights departed close to schedule. On both flights the cabin temperature was uncomfortably warm for me, but if you live in Russia, you know that Russians like it warm - very warm. I sat in economy and, although I don't consider myself tall at 180 cm, my knees were pressed up against the seat in front of me -- Absolutely no leg room at all. If you are taller than I am, you will be very uncomfortable. (See my photo) It was a short flight - only about 90 minutes. The flight attendants were very business-like and focused on getting the passengers a meal and drinks in the short time we were airborne. A bland sandwich and your choice of water (at cabin temperature) or hot tea was what you got. More than one would expect on a short flight, but not very high quality. I would have preferred just a cold beverage to cool me off in the warm, stuffy cabin. In the end the flight was what you would expect for 8000 rubles (138 USD): Not great, but what do you expect?
RouteMoscow Domodedovo to Kazan