Top 100 Airports

Royal Air Maroc

"pleasantly surprised"

New York JFK to Marrakech via Casablanca with Royal Air Marco. I was pleasantly surprised with this airline. I had never tried it, but the recent reviews made me want to give it a whirl. Glad I did. Crew was pleasant, the trips itself was completely fine. The food was fine, nothing extraordinary. Check-in, baggage claim all quite standard and normal. Love the wine selection. All in all no complaints what so ever.
RouteJFK to RAK via CMN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"definitely choose RAM again"

In June and August I went from Madrid to Banjul return via Casablanca. Normally I fly with Tuifly from Amsterdam, but RAM had a good deal from Madrid. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of staff. Also the fact that meals and beverages are served free of charge (even on the relatively short stretch Madrid - Casablanca) was a pleasant surprise. It is a long time ago that this service was also common with Tuifly and its predecessors. I will definitely choose RAM again!
RouteBJL to MAD via CMN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"really not worth flying them"

Verified Review | Madrid to Rio de Janeiro via Casablanca. I did not believe the bad reviews before I flew but now wish that I had paid a little more and flown with someone else. The plane that we flew on (9.5 hour flight) had no TVs, my seat was broken and the overhead luggage compartments did not all stay closed during take off. The flight connecting Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro was cancelled: the staff refused to talk to anyone or give any information about when the next available flight would be. It then transpired that they had also lost our luggage! The staff were unhelpful and moody: the customer service department phone line is awful, I spoke to someone who hung up on me when I said that I wanted to speak to a manager and then gave a false name when I called back. A month and countless calls and emails later, we are still trying to get a cancellation certificate from the airline. Really not worth flying them.
RouteMAD to GIG via CMN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"disorganised boarding policy"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | Paris to Bamako via Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. Nice food. Business class seats ok. Friendly crew. The good stops there. Royal Air Maroc still has a very disorganised boarding policy, with 150 people waiting in the jetway for 30 minutes with no explanation. Casablanca airport is tired, RAM VIP lounge provides disgusting food and beverages despite a nice renovated layout. Royal Air Maroc got a nice facelift but the bad fundamentals are still there, especially when travelling to Sub-Saharan Africa.
RouteORY to BKO via CMN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service by the crew was good"

My trip was from Amsterdam to Casablanca with an Boeing 737-800. The check in at Amsterdam was quiet fast 3 check in counters. At the gate we had normal seats where we could wait at the aircraft.The aircraft was 30 minutes earlier at the gate then scheduled, whihc mean we were able to enter the aircraft earlier. Departed on time. The service offered by the crew was good, they were very kind. The meal was not bad - I've seen better. And the seat comfort was perfect for me as 1,88metres.
RouteAMS to CMN
Date FlownJuly 2015

"still no feedback from them"

(Morocco)

Verified Review | Flying from Casablanca to Sal Island (Cabo Verde) on April 1st for holidays, we checked the country entry requirements with their embassy in Dakar (closest to Morocco where we live) and with Royal Air Maroc 2 weeks before the trip, and they both confirmed that visa is obtained at arrival. Also on the company website, under the visa section, they indicate that the visa is obtained at arrival. We check in for our flight, and are informed together with 15 other passengers that our luggage will be put on hold until we have customs clearance. At the customs, the officer in charge informed us that RAM has been applying a new rule for a couple of month, that they will not embark passengers without a visa on their passport, despite the fact that the visa can be obtained at arrival. They also said that we can embark if we have a clearance from the RAM lead station officer at the airport. We asked for him, but no one was able to give us either his name or to contact him. He only came after the plane took off to ask us to give him back the boarding passes (for an unkonwn reason) and then he left us there, at 1 am in the airport. A police officer at the airport told us that RAM has been consistenly refusing boarding to Moroccan citizens on this destination, despite the fact that they still communicate on the fact that visa can be obtained at arrival, even on their marketing campaigns on this destination. Not only they treated us like cattle at the airport, but 2 weeks after the incident, and despite sending many complaints, we still have no feedback from them.
RouteCMN to SID
Date FlownApril 2016

"choose this airline above others"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Ouarzazate via Casablanca. Royal air Maroc offers a classic flying experience, a decent product including small hot meal and bagage at affordable price. Amsterdam to Casablanca departure on time, on board generous seating for economy and new lighting system on this Boeing 737-800. Staff in friendly, but not overly. Onboard a hot meal and drinks were offered on the 3hr flight. Baggage offers 23kg free. The connecting flight to Ouarzazate left 3 hours later and was delayed by 1hr. Unfortunately the domestic terminal offers almost no facilities - eg no ATM, just 1 coffee shop, wifi free for 30 mins. On the domestic flight no service offered on these flights of 30-50 mins. Miles credited promptly and expire only after 30 months. Royal Air Maroc has a lot of new aircraft and Casablanca airport is being upgraded at the moment. I would choose this airline above many others.
RouteAMS to OZZ via CMN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"zero communication or direction"

Previous two trips, incredible long delays with no communication. Delays caused me to miss my connecting flights upon arriving in Morocco. On the way back, I missed my connecting flight home after landing at 11pm in Montreal. There were no crew in the airport to help me to get a new flight the next day or get me a hotel. My third trip this past week, Royal Air Maroc lost my luggage on arrival and had to go pick it up later next day at airport vs them delivering it to my hotel. On my return, we boarded the plane in Marrakech to Casablanca, waited for 35 mins and then needed to disembark because the pilot couldn't fly the plane. We were sent to Arrivals back in the airport, with no direction or communication on where to go. We waited until Airport Security asked us to move along and were directed to Checkin at arrivals and were told we would be taken to Casablanca via Bus and not plane. We collected our luggage and waited 30 mins for a bus to then again be told we are going to fly. We had to go through checkin and security lines all over again. It was the most chaotic experience with zero communication or direction.
RouteRAK to CMN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"just lied to or fobbed off"

I was flying Royal Air Maroc from Marrakech to London via Casablanca, the original flight was delayed due to a problem with the flight, that's ok these things happen but we were left in the airport with no information and everyone just lied to or fobbed off, finally they got us to Casablanca where of course nearly everyone had missed the connecting flight. It took 4 hours of a hard struggle to get from Casablanca airport to a hotel. Worst day ever. Never again with RAM.
AircraftBoing 737
RouteRAK to LHR via CMN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"staff rude and unhelpful"

Sao Paulo to London via Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. The terrible journey began upon boarding when we are told the flight will be delayed by an hour. Baking hot cabin, no AC or power was available for the duration of delay. When you think things can't get possibly worst. To my surprise, it does. When we arrived at Casablanca 2 hours behind schedule, we found out the second leg of our flight has been cancelled. There were no staff waiting for us and we had to go to the office to fight for our way to the second flight. The staff were rude and unhelpful. In the end I arrived at London 24 hours late at an alternative airport. The service provided by RAM is unprofessional and did everything to the minimum standard.
RouteGRU to LHR via CMN