Vote Now

Royal Air Maroc

"9 hours waiting at Casablanca"

Verified Review | Marrakech to Casablanca. Poor communication and customer service. Our flight was delayed by 2.5 hours which resulted in us missing our connection on Emirates. I travel frequently and realise these things happen, though this is where Royal Air Maroc really fail in their customer service. Passengers started complaining to security staff approximately one hour after departure after no word from Royal Air Maroc. Royal Air Maroc finally sent a representative to the gate after 1.5 hrs after the flight was meant to depart to sort passengers out with connections. After 2.5 hrs we spoke to staff who informed us that we had been rebooked a flight the next day and we needed to pick up our boarding passes and accommodation voucher from the transit desk in Casablanca. When we arrived at the transit desk where we were informed that they would deal with us shortly. This went on for more than 2 hours. Finally they advised us that we had not been booked on a flight as yet and they were working on our connection. A further 2 hours went by. Now 4 hours. No where to to buy food or get a drink. We were travelling with 3 young children aged 4 yrs to 9 yrs. We did ask staff about getting water though we were advised that we would have to clear customs buy water and then re renter though we would need a boarding pass which at as yet we did not have! Finally they agreed to continue working on our connecting flight and organise accommodation. We passed through customs and and waited for another hour for them to organise our accommodation. We were advised that we were now booked on the flight the following day and needed to pick up boarding passes in the morning. We arrived at the hotel 6 hours after landing. At the hotel we found out that Royal Air Maroc had booked our rooms incorrectly. Luckily the staff at the front desk were helpful and were able to sort things out. The next day we arrived back at th airport an 10 am for a 3pm flight only to find out once again that we had been lied to and we were not booked on the connecting flight and the flight was overbooked! It now took a further 4 hours to organise a flight which did not help our stress levels. Finally we were booked on a flight after 9 hours of waiting at Casablanca airport.
RouteMarrakech to Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"rude, inattentive and unfriendly"

Verified Review | Just as a pre-emptive note, I have flown many times and to Europe over 10 times and have never had such a horrendous experience. I flew out of JFK on March 23 2017, flight AT201 with a connection in Casablanca. The crew were inattentive and unfriendly. It was mostly an all-male crew. My TV monitor’s sound did not work and after 2.5 hrs into the flight of trying to get it fixed and trying to get their attention I finally gave up. They would never answer my attendant call button. On the return home it was even worse, I flew out of Rome, connected in Casablanca and then to JFK. From Rome on April 3, 2017 I was supposed to leave at 6.20pm, but the flight I was told was delayed 15 minutes. Well almost a full 6 hours later they finally got us on a flight at 12.10 midnight to Casablanca. There was little to no communication as to why we were delayed nor what our options were nor updates. Once in Casablanca at 2.30am we were just let off the plane with no explanation as to what to do, where to go, who to talk to or nothing. We got to the customs area where they gave us tickets for our connecting flight (we missed the 1st connecting flight, which was supposed to leave 10.30pm out of Casablanca to JFK) so the next available flight was at 2.45 pm (a full 12 hrs later). RAM did not tell us we could get a hotel or even where to go to get a voucher, I stopped at an information booth and she told me where to go. I got the voucher and the shuttle bus to the hotel, which was 4.00am by that time and got to my room. On the flight back to JFK again the TV Monitor sound did not work, but I didn’t even try to get them to fix it based on the last flight. Again the flight attendants were inattentive and unfriendly. The airport was scary, they were having demonstrations outside the area you had to walk thru to go to security and your gate. I don’t usually complain but this was such a bad experience I felt I needed to write a review.
RouteNew York JFK to Rome via Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"no information and nobody to ask"

Verified Review | Utter Chaos! I had the misfortune of booking onto a Royal Air Maroc flight from Casablanca to Tangier at 11pm. I realised things were amiss when my coach pulled up to the plane and the lights were flickering on and off. There was an electrical fault, and the passengers were eventually sent back to the terminal. I can only assume all Royal Air Maroc staff then hid, as for the next 3 hours we were locked in the airport with no information and nobody to ask. There was a small passenger uprising, resulting in half the flight marching out of the airport. Chaos ensued and eventually at 4am a RAM representative arrived and directed passengers to a 'replacement coach'. When confronted by dozens of tired and angry looking passengers the surprised coach driver explained he was driving to Fez the next day, and we eventually established no replacement coach had been arranged. More chaos followed, followed by a 4 hour ride in a 1950s taxi eventually arriving 9:30am with no sleep. RAM promised compensation, but never paid and don't respond to e-mails. If you like planes that are well maintained and fly, arriving on time, customer service and compensation if things go wrong my advice is use another airline!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon to Tangier via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2016

"crew wakes you up when serving dinner"

Verified Review | Flew Royal Air Maroc from Casablanca to Bissau via Praia. Departing at 11pm and arriving at 5pm I would expect to have a little sleep. However, the crew wakes you up when serving dinner. When stopping at 1.30 pm in Praia, they put all the lights on (OK, I can understand that, for security procedures maybe) and also the music! Why? In general, when departing from Casablanca, flights to Europe are fairly OK. But when flying towards an African capital, you can't expect to rest. Sometimes I feel like the crew doesn't want you to.
RouteCasablanca to Bissau via Praia
Date FlownMarch 2017

"I was positively surprised"

Verified Review | São Paulo to Geneva via Casablanca. Overall, I was positively surprised. Boeing 787 is an incredible airplane, and very quiet, which helps out with sleeping. Seating is spacious and there is lots of leg room and space in the overhead compartments. Check-in and boarding in Sao Paulo were comparable to any other airline and staff quite helpful. There was a line in the accommodation desk of RAM in Casablanca but it moved quickly, and I was put in a very nice hotel during my 15 hour layover, with dinner and breakfast included. My bags arrived normally in Geneva. No delays in any two flights. Problems with RAM though: the food is horrible, especially on the longer flight. Although the flavor was okay, it was very poorly presented, overall low quality, and not something you would expect at an airline. No alcoholic drinks on board, no snacks or extra beverages in between meals. Staff in the longer flight seemed impatient and not very willing to help. Bathroom was a bit dirty as well. On the shorter flight food was a bit better but still poorly presented. Staff was a lot more professional. My ticket was not cheap at all. I think overall the service of RAM was acceptable, but the food was a low point and reason enough for me not to fly with them again until I hear that has improved.
RouteGRU to GVA via CMN
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"one suitcase was missing"

(Liberia)

Verified Review | Frankfurt to Monrovia via Casablanca and Accra. Royal Air Maroc check in at Frankfurt Airport was efficient and painless. The flight took off a few minutes late but reached Casablanca on time. Food and beverage service on board was okay and a hot meal was served. After a 4 hour transit in a very dirty airport, the flight took off on time for Accra. Food and beverage selection was ok considering that only breakfast was served with nothing being offered on the Accra to Monrovia route. The fun started on arrival in Monrovia as one suitcase was missing. The necessary lost luggage form was filled in and submitted. After a week's interaction with RAM Monrovia office, the lost suitcase has neither been traced, found or delivered. A RAM employee confirmed that because RAM flights are very full, not all check-in luggage is loaded onto the aircraft which leads to inevitable delays and great frustration at the destination. In fact, the city office of Royal Air Maroc in Monrovia has turned into a heap of lost luggage and irate passengers have to daily go and search for their own luggage as RAM never returns any calls not appears to follow up on any enquiries. This is really shameful and my advice would be to avoid flying Royal Air Maroc at all costs.
RouteFRA to ROB via CMN /ACC
Date FlownNovember 2016

"my impressions were positive"

Verified Review | Rio de Janeiro to London Gatwick via Casablanca. Had a really good experience flying to/from Brazil for the Paralympic Games on Royal Air Maroc. The Boeing 737-800's used on the legs between LGW and CMN are very clean and modern, incorporating the Boeing sky interior. Boeing 767-300's on the long haul sectors are showing their age but still very comfortable for a 9 hour journey. All aircraft had extremely generous legroom and the food on board was of a high standard, including alcoholic drinks. The cabin crews were all very professional and courteous. The only slight complaint onboard was that the IFE system on the B767's was rather temperamental and prone to resetting quite often, which made it impossible to watch movies. RAM accommodate transit passengers free of charge in a central Casablanca hotel if you have a long layover, which is fine and a nice touch, but can end up being rather fraught and stressful by the time you have travelled to/from the hotel and had to deal with the nightmare of negotiating the semi-organised chaos at CMN airport. Overall though, my impressions were positive and would certainly travel with RAM again.
RouteGIG to LGW via CMN
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"would fly them again"

Verified Review | One-way flight Tunis to Dakar via Casablanca on November 29 on Royal Air Maroc B737-800s. Check-in at Tunis airport was quick and agent gave me window seats all the way to Dakar. Plane boarded with some organization with Business class and families first, then coach class. Not too disorderly so enjoyed that. Flight attendants were great and welcoming. Took off early and 2 1/2 hour flight to Casablanca. Delicious Moroccan chicken dinner was served with 2 drink runs. No sound available so they showed Bugs Bunny cartoons on the screens with no sound - sort-of strange. Why bother showing them at all? Just show the moving map - which they didn't have either. Landed on-time and bussed to the main terminal where the transit security line was insane. Be prepared for these kind of lines in western Africa and for disorder as passengers push and shove to get to the front. Dakar flight boarded with confusion as many carry-on's were too large for the overhead bins. So we were stuck on the jet-bridge as every passengers carry-on was evaluated. On-board it was a crazy free-for-all with people just sitting anywhere they wanted. Then when the passenger assigned to that seat came they either made the person move (as I did to the guy in my seat) to just grabbing an open seat - which then made the passenger in that seat make them move or look around. It was chaos but funny - the flight attendant saw me laughing and joined in - was just crazy. Ended up with a seat next to me open which was really great! Again take-off on time and served a delicious meal. Charlie Chaplin silent film shown which was perfect as again there is no sound on the airplane. And this time they also showed the moving map which was good. Landed on-time and bused to terminal where bags came out last but was just glad to get it. Overall I liked RAM a lot and would fly them again.
RouteTUN to DKR via CMN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"hoping for same positive experience"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Casablanca. Brilliant flight - unexpected after reading reviews. Smoothest take off and landing I've ever experienced. Friendly staff, full meal (unexpected) and quiet flight so were able to sit in emergency exit seats for extra legroom. We have another flight in a few days - hoping for the same positive experience!
RouteLGW to CMN

"really improved airline"

London Heathrow to New York via Casablanca. London to Casablanca was a pleasant flight with no delays. I had a great lunch on board with a choice of beef or chicken as well as a veg option. Staff were good, came to your attention straight away and were kind and spoke good English. With a short stop over in Casablanca Airport I went on board the Boeing 787 and was amazed, completely different from the Boeing 737 on earlier flight. It had a new smell to it, the entertainment screens were large and overall its fantastic with a lot of good points. Food was fantastic, very hot and tasty. Staff were polite on this flight, great option of drinks and food. Entertainment great, loads of movies, tv shows, music and games. Everything is in English so nothing to worry about that, and you get a pillow, blanket and good quality headphones. Great experience with Royal Air Maroc. A really improved airline.
RouteLHR to JFK via CMN