Royal Air Maroc

"A very pleasant experience"

(Cameroon)

Verified Review | Casablanca to Yaoundé via Douala. A very pleasant experience in a modern and clean aircraft. A little chaotic boarding as many people were reseated during the process. As the last rows of the cabin were free, people reseated themselves after boarding, resulting in a free seat next to me. Smooth flight, attentive staff and OK food. No hesitation to fly again in the future.
RouteCasablanca to Yaoundé via Douala
Date FlownNovember 2017

"decided to cancel one of its route"

(Morocco)

Verified Review | Gran Canaria to Casablanca. I thought Royal air Maroc had improved its services but from my recent experience, RAM unfortunately has not. We had about 2 hours delay on outward flight, while RAM on return flight decided to cancel one of its route from Canarias. We were informed of this cancellation while we were already at the airport (so 3 hours before departure) : although we bought a Las Palmas - Casablanca direct flight ticket, we had now to wait for the Tenerife plane to come to Las Palmas. I was with my family : my wife, 6 years old child and a 1 year old baby. While we were waiting our turn, the agent at check in decided to call some identified persons (that were behind us in the queue) to give them priority in registration. These people were persons in transit (their end destination was not Casablanca). After that the agent informed us that the plane was now full and that we had to wait for the day after to fly back home. I tried in vain to get someone from RAM Company to come and find solution. No one came and at the end we had to accept the situation. I think that these practices should be condemned.
AircraftATR72
RouteGran Canaria to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"lost my kitesurfing gear"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Dakhla via Casablanca. The flight itself ok, but they lost my kitesurfing gear, and now have been waiting for any information for 4 days. 1/3 of the kitesurfing holiday is gone, when visiting the airport there's no one working, customer service cant do anything without some claim number that I haven't been given, no one answers the phone, no one speaks english. There has been 2 flights a day, so 8 flights and still I don't get my stuff?
RouteStockholm to Dakhla via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"RAM is a good airline"

Verified Review | Flew from Agadir to Madrid via Casablance, hadn't used Royal Air Maroc before. Check in / boarding in Agadir was fine and bag was checked all they way through to Madrid - I had to book business class as I needed a fully changeable ticket, crew seemed nice enough when boarding - but that's about as much as I saw of them. I was surprised that for the fare involved on the Agadir - Casablanca sector there was not even the offer of a glass of water, the curtain to the galley was across the whole time with the smell of food wafting through (crew meals obviously) disappointing service to be honest. The transfer at Casablanca was fine / the crew on the Casablanca - Madrid sector were very pleasant, the cabin lay-out was proper "first class" style seating plenty of leg room, magazines offered before take-off with pre-flight water or juice. As the flight was only 1 hour and 15, I was given a meal tray which had a hot beef shawarma with fruit salad and Mango mousse cake. It was delicious to be honest and a hot towel service after. The only thing I found really odd on this sector was there were no announcements made in English at all only French and Arabic (the safety demo was a video in English and Arabic) there were a few USA passengers on board also and we had to ask the crew what the announcements were about which I found odd. On the previous sector Agadir / Casablanca all the announcements were made in French / Arabic / English so I'm unsure as to what they were up to as the majority of passengers on the Casablanca / Madrid were Spanish or English speaking. Overall RAM is a good airline but they would need to get their on-board service aligned a bit better .
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteAgadir to Madrid via Casablanca

"very insulting experience"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Bologna to Beirut via Casablanca. It was a transit travel, and the airline should have booked an hotel inside the airport to stay this night. So, they gave me the hotel booking and when I got there, the hotel was fully booked. I returned to them, and after waiting a lot of time and many people came having the same problem, they took us by bus inside the airport to a lounge that contains sofas, and they told us that we should stay there till the next day. This lounge was not finished (it was not fully equipped and a smell of paint), and it does not have any privacy, in which all the sofas are beside each other. It was really a very insulting experience.
RouteBologna to Beirut via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2017

"plane left more than an hour early"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | We booked from Brussels to Nairobi via Casablanca and we got the tickets. There it stated we had a stopover at Casablanca (1hour and 10 minutes lay over). When we tried to check in online the evening before, we could only check in from Brussels to Casablanca. No changes in flight hours where shown. When arriving in Brussels airport, 3 hours in advance, they only could check us in for the flight to Casablanca. The personel of RAM told us this was normal procedure and once we would arrive in Casablanca, we would receive our next boarding pass for the plane to Nairobi. Once arrived in Casablanca (on time, still had more than an hour to get on the other plane), the personel of RAM showed us where to obtain our other boarding passes. At this desk they suddenly told us 'that plane left more than an hour early!'. So, as our first plane was landing, the other one was already taking off! Nobody notified us, not online, no e-mail, message. We were speechless and desperate. Together with an American couple (who also booked a direct ticket from Brussels to Nairobi), the personel told us it was no problem, they would refund our flight and that we would have to take the next flight, 2 days later! This was not an option for us, because we already booked a safari with driver and airport pick up, all planned from the moment we would arrive in Nairobi. After 3 hours, they told us to come fast, because there was a flight to Cameroon we should be on. Then, from Cameroon, we would have to take a flight to Nairobi. Instead of arriving at 2am, we would arrive at 8 pm (losing an entire day of safari and hotel, but still less worse than losing 2). They told us it was safe to transfer at Douala. Once arrived in Douala (after a night flight with stopover in Yaoundé), at 4am, the border control would not let us enter (because we had no ticket and visa), they called the police, who took our pasports and we had to sleep outside the police departement at the airport! At 8am the office of Kenya Airways opened (where we had to check in for the flight). But RAM had put us 2 on wrong seats! The others could board, but not the two of us. After 2 hoffiric hours their personel managed to get us on a flight to Nairobi. Late in the evening we arrived in Nairobi, lost the money of our hotel, lost the money of our safari. The return flight from Nairobi to Paris was a disaster as well! In Nairobi, the personel told us we would have to take our luggage in Casablanca (since we were booked to spend one day at a hotel in Casablanca). In Casablance they told us they could not obtain our luggage. We had no spare clothes, toothbrush, shampoo. Next day, arriving in Paris, one of our bags was missing. After 2 hours of waiting, they found our bag, who was shipped in another plane.
RouteBrussels to Nairobi via Casablanca

Royal Air Maroc customer review

Verified Review | Marrakech to Paris. The airline operates the exact route for two earlier flights on same day. Yesterday, we spoke with the Morocco reps asking how we put ourselves on standby for the flights. They said they cannot do it, and we must go to airport and ask gate agents. We wake up at 5:30am to go to airport. First rep at the RAM counter says both morning flights are fully booked, there's nothing they can do (but they were still selling tickets online for this flight!) I go the the rep adjacent to the first agent. She says there's plenty of space but they only handle check in at this counter, so we must call RAM - which we'd already done and were instructed to go to airport. We nevertheless call RAM again, this time an English speaking number, and the guy says that he cannot change over the phone, only the agents at the airport can do that. They will give you the run around on the most basic customer requests.
RouteMarrakech to Paris
Date FlownAugust 2017

"such chaos at the airport"

Verified Review | Casablanca to Marrakech. I've never seen such chaos at the airport, and there was no flight delay or anything wrong. Only two people checking a long line of people in - everyone was unclear where to go and when I asked I was given different answers from each Royal Air Maroc desk I went to. Flights are cheap so if you really need to save money and they are going to a destination you need to cross your fingers. The flight attendants were very pleasant though!
RouteCasablanca to Marrakech
Date FlownJuly 2017

"level of service was average"

Verified Review | Nouakchott to Casablanca, the level of service was quite low. No preferential check in for business class or preferential boarding. It was a internal african route, so probably the carrier would not use the best plane in the fleet, but the Boeing 737-800 was not very clean, and the level of service was average. No entertainment, but the flight is only about 3 hrs). The food was ok.
RouteNouakchott to Casablanca

"Horrible experience"

Verified Review | We were booked to fly on Royal Air Maroc flight AT587 from Casablanca to Sal Island (SID) July 14, 2017. The flight had a stop over at Praia Island. As we were boarding the ground crew asked any passengers who were flying to Sal Island to step aside and wait. All the passengers to Praia Island boarded as per usual. We were offered no information or explanation, but we started getting worried as the time for the plane to depart drew near. Sure enough the time came and we saw the plane leave. Still no explanation. There were 7 of us. Tried to get some answers from ground crew but they were either unwilling to tell us or were clueless themselves. Eventually we were told that the connecting flight was canceled and we will need to come the next day to see if we can get on another flight. There were no apologies, no explanation. I later did some talking and some research myself and found out the connection flight was canceled because there were only 7 of us and thus not profitable for the airline. Horrible experience.
RouteCasablanca to Sal via Praia