Royal Air Maroc

"lack of airport safety"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Tenerife to Marrakesh via Casablanca. The service is average. The airline provided a snack on the 2h 40m flight but orange juice was the worst I have tasted. The main complaint is a lack of airport safety. Before the domestic flight, the Airport security staff did not check my luggage. They ran my bag through x-ray without me taking out the notebook, camera, 5 small bottles of liquid and a 0.5-liter bottle of water attached to the side of my bag. On the domestic flight, they also have travelers who have already passed clearance on the border with others. Everybody has to go through passport control on arrival.
AircraftATR 72-600
RouteTenerife to Marrakesh via Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2017

"my checked in bag was missing"

Trip Verified | London to Cotonou via Casablanca. Boarding was smooth, and on time. Flight was pleasant. Arrival into Casablanca had to deplane and board next flight, had to go thru security which was slow as connection was 1 hr later. Just made it to departure gate when found fight delayed. Took off not very late and landed in Cotonou and found my checked in bag was missing. Filed a missing bag info, was informed that the next day my bag was in Casablanca and would arrive 2 days later. However had to leave Cotonou to Istanbul on business and could not collect it. Had given them address to my hometown for shipping it but after repeated emails no response and no bag.
RouteLondon to Cotonou via Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2017

"The cabin service was erratic"

Trip Verified | Nice to Washington via Casablanca. Flight staff and airport not worthy of Boeing 787. Returning from 3 weeks in France we chose to fly from Nice to Casablanca and on to Washington DC on Royal Air Maroc because the second leg was on the Boeing 787. Boarding in Casablanca was confused, disorganized and perilous. As has become customary for international passengers flying to the U.S. we had a second security check at the gate where we were fully patted down and carry-on inspected. While the males were whisked through by two males, there were no female security guards. All the females had to wait nearly an hour before a female started their pat down and a similar delay until the entire line was cleared. Meanwhile the men and boys did not directly board the plane from our main terminal gate. No! We, and subsequently the women and female children had to descend three flights of dirty ill lit stairs, get on a bus and go to the old original terminal, climb three full flights of stairs to the gate and then board the plane. At check-in I had asked for my pre-ordered wheelchair as I've very limited eyesight (legally blind) and Vertigo and was told a wheelchair was not available. Stairs are a real challenge especially without my wife alongside and dependent on filthy banisters and just my cane. Our aisle seats on Boeing’s newest aircraft were comfortable, the coach class seat pitch was the usual 30” we find on most airlines. We had expected Moroccan style cuisine we experienced on an earlier trip to Morocco, but we received the same food Air Maroc served on the first leg from Nice. The cabin service was erratic and staff not at all customer-friendly. Midway through the flight we found that the rest rooms had no toilet paper, no towels, no Kleenex, and the refuse bin was overflowing. A few minutes later the captain came up the aisle going to the galley so I buttonholed him, described the conditions and stated that the cabin crew were disrespecting a new aircraft. The captain took a peek then stormed off. Shortly two male stewards rushed up with their arms loaded with paper products. They seem satisfied with their mediocrity and deficiencies and there's slim chances of improving. Never again on Air Maroc or a transit stop in Casablanca!
RouteNice to Washington via Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"everything smooth and easy"

Trip Verified | London to Ouarzazate return via Casablanca, both way basic economy class. I went to Heathrow, through check in quickly, we took off on time, onboard staff very pleasant, tasty warm food onboard along with drinks, no long lines at Casablanca everything smooth and easy, transfer on time and I arrived to my final destination 20 min earlier. Same with my return journey. I do not know if I was just lucky person (4 times in one trip) but honestly I say I would chose them million times more over Ryanair. Seats much more comfortable, staff very polite. So, to all you guys awaiting your trip with RAM, sleep well! Nothing to worry about. I think they were getting very unfair reviews.
RouteLondon to Ouarzazate via Casablanca
Date FlownNovember 2017

"A very pleasant experience"

(Cameroon)

Verified Review | Casablanca to Yaoundé via Douala. A very pleasant experience in a modern and clean aircraft. A little chaotic boarding as many people were reseated during the process. As the last rows of the cabin were free, people reseated themselves after boarding, resulting in a free seat next to me. Smooth flight, attentive staff and OK food. No hesitation to fly again in the future.
RouteCasablanca to Yaoundé via Douala
Date FlownNovember 2017

"decided to cancel one of its route"

(Morocco)

Verified Review | Gran Canaria to Casablanca. I thought Royal air Maroc had improved its services but from my recent experience, RAM unfortunately has not. We had about 2 hours delay on outward flight, while RAM on return flight decided to cancel one of its route from Canarias. We were informed of this cancellation while we were already at the airport (so 3 hours before departure) : although we bought a Las Palmas - Casablanca direct flight ticket, we had now to wait for the Tenerife plane to come to Las Palmas. I was with my family : my wife, 6 years old child and a 1 year old baby. While we were waiting our turn, the agent at check in decided to call some identified persons (that were behind us in the queue) to give them priority in registration. These people were persons in transit (their end destination was not Casablanca). After that the agent informed us that the plane was now full and that we had to wait for the day after to fly back home. I tried in vain to get someone from RAM Company to come and find solution. No one came and at the end we had to accept the situation. I think that these practices should be condemned.
AircraftATR72
RouteGran Canaria to Casablanca
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"lost my kitesurfing gear"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Stockholm to Dakhla via Casablanca. The flight itself ok, but they lost my kitesurfing gear, and now have been waiting for any information for 4 days. 1/3 of the kitesurfing holiday is gone, when visiting the airport there's no one working, customer service cant do anything without some claim number that I haven't been given, no one answers the phone, no one speaks english. There has been 2 flights a day, so 8 flights and still I don't get my stuff?
RouteStockholm to Dakhla via Casablanca

"RAM is a good airline"

Verified Review | Flew from Agadir to Madrid via Casablance, hadn't used Royal Air Maroc before. Check in / boarding in Agadir was fine and bag was checked all they way through to Madrid - I had to book business class as I needed a fully changeable ticket, crew seemed nice enough when boarding - but that's about as much as I saw of them. I was surprised that for the fare involved on the Agadir - Casablanca sector there was not even the offer of a glass of water, the curtain to the galley was across the whole time with the smell of food wafting through (crew meals obviously) disappointing service to be honest. The transfer at Casablanca was fine / the crew on the Casablanca - Madrid sector were very pleasant, the cabin lay-out was proper "first class" style seating plenty of leg room, magazines offered before take-off with pre-flight water or juice. As the flight was only 1 hour and 15, I was given a meal tray which had a hot beef shawarma with fruit salad and Mango mousse cake. It was delicious to be honest and a hot towel service after. The only thing I found really odd on this sector was there were no announcements made in English at all only French and Arabic (the safety demo was a video in English and Arabic) there were a few USA passengers on board also and we had to ask the crew what the announcements were about which I found odd. On the previous sector Agadir / Casablanca all the announcements were made in French / Arabic / English so I'm unsure as to what they were up to as the majority of passengers on the Casablanca / Madrid were Spanish or English speaking. Overall RAM is a good airline but they would need to get their on-board service aligned a bit better .
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteAgadir to Madrid via Casablanca

"very insulting experience"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Bologna to Beirut via Casablanca. It was a transit travel, and the airline should have booked an hotel inside the airport to stay this night. So, they gave me the hotel booking and when I got there, the hotel was fully booked. I returned to them, and after waiting a lot of time and many people came having the same problem, they took us by bus inside the airport to a lounge that contains sofas, and they told us that we should stay there till the next day. This lounge was not finished (it was not fully equipped and a smell of paint), and it does not have any privacy, in which all the sofas are beside each other. It was really a very insulting experience.
RouteBologna to Beirut via Casablanca
Date FlownAugust 2017

"plane left more than an hour early"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | We booked from Brussels to Nairobi via Casablanca and we got the tickets. There it stated we had a stopover at Casablanca (1hour and 10 minutes lay over). When we tried to check in online the evening before, we could only check in from Brussels to Casablanca. No changes in flight hours where shown. When arriving in Brussels airport, 3 hours in advance, they only could check us in for the flight to Casablanca. The personel of RAM told us this was normal procedure and once we would arrive in Casablanca, we would receive our next boarding pass for the plane to Nairobi. Once arrived in Casablanca (on time, still had more than an hour to get on the other plane), the personel of RAM showed us where to obtain our other boarding passes. At this desk they suddenly told us 'that plane left more than an hour early!'. So, as our first plane was landing, the other one was already taking off! Nobody notified us, not online, no e-mail, message. We were speechless and desperate. Together with an American couple (who also booked a direct ticket from Brussels to Nairobi), the personel told us it was no problem, they would refund our flight and that we would have to take the next flight, 2 days later! This was not an option for us, because we already booked a safari with driver and airport pick up, all planned from the moment we would arrive in Nairobi. After 3 hours, they told us to come fast, because there was a flight to Cameroon we should be on. Then, from Cameroon, we would have to take a flight to Nairobi. Instead of arriving at 2am, we would arrive at 8 pm (losing an entire day of safari and hotel, but still less worse than losing 2). They told us it was safe to transfer at Douala. Once arrived in Douala (after a night flight with stopover in Yaoundé), at 4am, the border control would not let us enter (because we had no ticket and visa), they called the police, who took our pasports and we had to sleep outside the police departement at the airport! At 8am the office of Kenya Airways opened (where we had to check in for the flight). But RAM had put us 2 on wrong seats! The others could board, but not the two of us. After 2 hoffiric hours their personel managed to get us on a flight to Nairobi. Late in the evening we arrived in Nairobi, lost the money of our hotel, lost the money of our safari. The return flight from Nairobi to Paris was a disaster as well! In Nairobi, the personel told us we would have to take our luggage in Casablanca (since we were booked to spend one day at a hotel in Casablanca). In Casablance they told us they could not obtain our luggage. We had no spare clothes, toothbrush, shampoo. Next day, arriving in Paris, one of our bags was missing. After 2 hours of waiting, they found our bag, who was shipped in another plane.
RouteBrussels to Nairobi via Casablanca