Top 100 Airlines

Royal Air Maroc

"no answer for 2 month already"

Verified Review | Nairobi to Montreal via Casablanca. The initial flight was canceled last minute, and they put me on a flight two days later. No compensation in any form (rebook for another route, food vouchers, credit, class upgrade, hotel) - nothing was provided. Still waiting from them for the delay report for my travel insurance company, but no answer for 2 month already. Customer service just does not give any answers to my repeated requests. I flew many different airlines in the world, and I am not a demanding customer at all, but would sugest avoid flying with this airline.
RouteNBO to YUL via CMN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"flights smooth and comfortable"

Verified Review | Montreal to Casablanca return. Ground service in Montreal, Casablance and Lisbon vague, aloof and unhelpful. The flights themselves were smooth and comfortable, the cabin crews were efficient, courteous and knowledgeable. Food and entertainment were good. Check-in for the Casablanca - Montreal leg wasn't available, resulting in poor seats.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 767
RouteYUL to CMN
Date FlownMay 2016

"was a pleasant flight"

London to Marrakesh via Casablanca was a pleasant flight. The aircraft was waiting for me after I was 10 minutes late (long inspections). The food was alright. My son needed a change of nappy and one crew member helped me. Generous baggage allowance and once you arrive in Casablanca the is no hassle with baggage, as it is automatically transfered to the next flight. I advise you to have some euro or Dirham as you will be hungry waiting for the next flight and the only snack bar does not accept British pound. Flight from Casablanca to Marrakesh was quiet. Arrived on time.
RouteLGW to RAK via CMN
Date FlownMay 2016

"pleasantly surprised"

New York JFK to Marrakech via Casablanca with Royal Air Marco. I was pleasantly surprised with this airline. I had never tried it, but the recent reviews made me want to give it a whirl. Glad I did. Crew was pleasant, the trips itself was completely fine. The food was fine, nothing extraordinary. Check-in, baggage claim all quite standard and normal. Love the wine selection. All in all no complaints what so ever.
RouteJFK to RAK via CMN
Date FlownMarch 2016

"definitely choose RAM again"

In June and August I went from Madrid to Banjul return via Casablanca. Normally I fly with Tuifly from Amsterdam, but RAM had a good deal from Madrid. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of staff. Also the fact that meals and beverages are served free of charge (even on the relatively short stretch Madrid - Casablanca) was a pleasant surprise. It is a long time ago that this service was also common with Tuifly and its predecessors. I will definitely choose RAM again!
RouteBJL to MAD via CMN
Date FlownAugust 2016

"really not worth flying them"

Verified Review | Madrid to Rio de Janeiro via Casablanca. I did not believe the bad reviews before I flew but now wish that I had paid a little more and flown with someone else. The plane that we flew on (9.5 hour flight) had no TVs, my seat was broken and the overhead luggage compartments did not all stay closed during take off. The flight connecting Sao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro was cancelled: the staff refused to talk to anyone or give any information about when the next available flight would be. It then transpired that they had also lost our luggage! The staff were unhelpful and moody: the customer service department phone line is awful, I spoke to someone who hung up on me when I said that I wanted to speak to a manager and then gave a false name when I called back. A month and countless calls and emails later, we are still trying to get a cancellation certificate from the airline. Really not worth flying them.
RouteMAD to GIG via CMN

"disorganised boarding policy"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | Paris to Bamako via Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. Nice food. Business class seats ok. Friendly crew. The good stops there. Royal Air Maroc still has a very disorganised boarding policy, with 150 people waiting in the jetway for 30 minutes with no explanation. Casablanca airport is tired, RAM VIP lounge provides disgusting food and beverages despite a nice renovated layout. Royal Air Maroc got a nice facelift but the bad fundamentals are still there, especially when travelling to Sub-Saharan Africa.
RouteORY to BKO via CMN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service by the crew was good"

My trip was from Amsterdam to Casablanca with an Boeing 737-800. The check in at Amsterdam was quiet fast 3 check in counters. At the gate we had normal seats where we could wait at the aircraft.The aircraft was 30 minutes earlier at the gate then scheduled, whihc mean we were able to enter the aircraft earlier. Departed on time. The service offered by the crew was good, they were very kind. The meal was not bad - I've seen better. And the seat comfort was perfect for me as 1,88metres.
RouteAMS to CMN
Date FlownJuly 2015

"still no feedback from them"

(Morocco)

Verified Review | Flying from Casablanca to Sal Island (Cabo Verde) on April 1st for holidays, we checked the country entry requirements with their embassy in Dakar (closest to Morocco where we live) and with Royal Air Maroc 2 weeks before the trip, and they both confirmed that visa is obtained at arrival. Also on the company website, under the visa section, they indicate that the visa is obtained at arrival. We check in for our flight, and are informed together with 15 other passengers that our luggage will be put on hold until we have customs clearance. At the customs, the officer in charge informed us that RAM has been applying a new rule for a couple of month, that they will not embark passengers without a visa on their passport, despite the fact that the visa can be obtained at arrival. They also said that we can embark if we have a clearance from the RAM lead station officer at the airport. We asked for him, but no one was able to give us either his name or to contact him. He only came after the plane took off to ask us to give him back the boarding passes (for an unkonwn reason) and then he left us there, at 1 am in the airport. A police officer at the airport told us that RAM has been consistenly refusing boarding to Moroccan citizens on this destination, despite the fact that they still communicate on the fact that visa can be obtained at arrival, even on their marketing campaigns on this destination. Not only they treated us like cattle at the airport, but 2 weeks after the incident, and despite sending many complaints, we still have no feedback from them.
RouteCMN to SID
Date FlownApril 2016

"choose this airline above others"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Ouarzazate via Casablanca. Royal air Maroc offers a classic flying experience, a decent product including small hot meal and bagage at affordable price. Amsterdam to Casablanca departure on time, on board generous seating for economy and new lighting system on this Boeing 737-800. Staff in friendly, but not overly. Onboard a hot meal and drinks were offered on the 3hr flight. Baggage offers 23kg free. The connecting flight to Ouarzazate left 3 hours later and was delayed by 1hr. Unfortunately the domestic terminal offers almost no facilities - eg no ATM, just 1 coffee shop, wifi free for 30 mins. On the domestic flight no service offered on these flights of 30-50 mins. Miles credited promptly and expire only after 30 months. Royal Air Maroc has a lot of new aircraft and Casablanca airport is being upgraded at the moment. I would choose this airline above many others.
RouteAMS to OZZ via CMN