Royal Air Maroc

"level of service was average"

Verified Review | Nouakchott to Casablanca, the level of service was quite low. No preferential check in for business class or preferential boarding. It was a internal african route, so probably the carrier would not use the best plane in the fleet, but the Boeing 737-800 was not very clean, and the level of service was average. No entertainment, but the flight is only about 3 hrs). The food was ok.
RouteNouakchott to Casablanca

"Horrible experience"

Verified Review | We were booked to fly on Royal Air Maroc flight AT587 from Casablanca to Sal Island (SID) July 14, 2017. The flight had a stop over at Praia Island. As we were boarding the ground crew asked any passengers who were flying to Sal Island to step aside and wait. All the passengers to Praia Island boarded as per usual. We were offered no information or explanation, but we started getting worried as the time for the plane to depart drew near. Sure enough the time came and we saw the plane leave. Still no explanation. There were 7 of us. Tried to get some answers from ground crew but they were either unwilling to tell us or were clueless themselves. Eventually we were told that the connecting flight was canceled and we will need to come the next day to see if we can get on another flight. There were no apologies, no explanation. I later did some talking and some research myself and found out the connection flight was canceled because there were only 7 of us and thus not profitable for the airline. Horrible experience.
RouteCasablanca to Sal via Praia
Date FlownJuly 2017

"I expected a full refund"

(Brazil)

Verified Review | My flight from Sao Paulo to Gatwick via Casablanca on 5th July was cancelled at roughly 48 hours notice. There was an offer to reschedule my flight for later in the week but was useless as I had to be in the UK before their offered replacement. I managed to book a flight with another airline. I e-mailed saying I expected a full refund. I received a phone call that was poorly connected and I couldn't understand what was being said. I told RAM I wanted a refund as I had made other plans. The man hung up and I received an e-mail with a re organised flight, different to the one offered in the original e-mail, that still proved useless for my travel needs. I replied again to that e-mail stating I wanted a refund. I am waiting for a response. Their customer service is appalling and their lack of organisation is apparent through poor communication and trying to just book you onto alternatives without consulting you first.
RouteSao Paulo to Gatwick via Casablanca
Date FlownJuly 2017

"aircraft was severely overbooked"

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Casablanca. I flew with a group of fellow travellers from Amsterdam to Bamako in Mali with a stopover in Casablanca. Royal Air Maroc told half the group to receive their boarding passes for Bamako in Casablanca. They did not, because to aircraft was severely overbooked by returning Muslims from the pilgrimage to Mecca. With trepidation, I booked Amsterdam to Casablanca with Royal Air Maroc. Without any notice, Royal Air Maroc cancelled my return flight and we were booked on an earlier flight. This made me put Royal Air Maroc on 24-hour death row watch with the help of from Amadeus. Amadeus informed me that my return flight was reschedules again. 49 hours before the flight I tried to get my boarding passes, but the web check-in was still closed. Exactly 48 hours before the flight I started the web check-in to print the boarding passes, finding out that only three seats were still available on this flight. All others were already allocated to other passengers before the web check-in even opened. My wife and I could not sit together. I called Royal Air Maroc but they confirmed this was not possible to be allocated a seat before the web check-in. Sure. At the airport check-in counter, I asked to sit together. The staff member asked her colleague to release seats with an "R" for us. Her reply: no. At the gate, we asked it again and promptly Royal Air Maroc gave us seats next to each other. On board the 737 we noticed about 20-30 seats empty. Very strange. We asked ourselves if there is any link between the departments of reservation and operation. The flight went well and the service was good. Amadeus informed us in time that our return flight would depart 1 hour earlier, due to the temporary Ramadan time zone shift. Royal Air Maroc did sent an email message, when we were in mid-flight. The flight was on time, the service was good and the meals tasted nice. Conclusion: in the last 60 years, Royal Air Maroc has learned to fly aircrafts very well. In the new departments of internet reservation & communication, Royal Air Maroc is still struggling as a newbie.
RouteAmsterdam to Casablanca
Date FlownMay 2017

"I would like two glasses of wine"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Lisbon to Doha via Casablanca. I sent two complaints to RAM and I have not heard a thing back. Our journey out of Doha was fine and there were no issues; once we got onto the aircraft we both slept most of the way. The return journey from Casablanca to Doha was however a little different and disappointing. The aircraft was dirty and the staff inattentive. I pressed my call button a number of times; staff did not come and were sat around at the back. Because of this, I got up and went to the back of the aircraft myself where I found staff disregarded me and other customers! Eventually a young man asked me what I wanted and I requested a glass of white and red wine. He immediately dismissed me and said he would have to check at the front of the aircraft and would bring the wine to me! I waited a long time. In the end, I went back to the rear and asked again - I chose the only steward who had been polite so far throughout the journey (who was the most accommodating on the flight) he asked me what I would like. I replied that I would like two glasses of wine: one for myself and one for my husband. He grudgingly said he would bring it to me in cups!
AircraftDreamliner
RouteLisbon to Doha via Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"each time is like rolling the dice"

Verified Review | I have flown with Royal Air Maroc over 10 times within the last few months. Always London - Abidjan - London and always with a stopover in Casablanca. They are consistently the keenest pricing on this route and with RAM each time you make a booking it is like rolling the dice. The experience on the European facing routes is consistently good and the aircraft modern. On the African side the experience tends to be less good but still OK. Where the element of chance comes in is that if anything goes wrong with your connection in Casablanca then these guys just melt away - like snow in the Sahara - and you will be left without information, help, or any sense that there is any coherent policy for sorting things out. I had one horrendous experience when Heathrow was fogbound and the lack of information meant that when the flight eventually too off it did so without about 20 passengers. To their credit they did eventually get us to Heathrow later the same day to be reunited with our luggage which had gone on without us. Casablanca airport is just about OK for a short stopover - insufficient seating, lousy PA but fairly modern. Service on planes is adequate and they staff reasonably friendly.
RouteGatwick to Abidjan via Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"never fly this airline again"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Amsterdam to Marrakech return via Casablanca. More than 3 hours of delay on the first flight, reason given: pilot was sick, then talks about a strike (no evidence anywhere of a strike, they said this to discourage people demanding their money back). Missed corresponding flight in Casablanca. Only 3 people to help hundreds of stranded passengers to check for other flights or solutions. One person available to help for accomodation (a basic right when stranded for the night) for hundreds of passengers. This person is then clearly stalling the whole time and telling people: "All of the hotels nearby are full. It's not worth it to book a hotel in town if you have a flight in 7 hours, etc". Finally we give up. We stay the night in a cold airport. Next morning: finally the connecting flight. Upon arrival we notice our luggage was not on the flight (even after checking with several different people at Casablanca airport that the luggage would come). Nobody from Royal Air Maroc at Marrakesh airport. After an hour of searching somebody could verify our luggage was still somewhere in the system. It arrived at night, we had to take a taxi and lose more time. Finally, when checking in for the flight back home we were told that our booking for the flight got automatically cancelled because there were problems with one or more previous flights. Nobody at the airport to help us, so we had to call the helpdesk and try and explain this whole thing. Told on the phone that somebody would call back with a solution. When they finally called back after more than an hour, ensuring us that we could now get on the plane, we were told in the airport that it was too late: boarding had closed. Only beam of light in this was staff at the helpdesk who understood this was becoming rediculous and he should get us home, so he booked us a different flight. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteAmsterdam to Marrakesh via Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"9 hours waiting at Casablanca"

Verified Review | Marrakech to Casablanca. Poor communication and customer service. Our flight was delayed by 2.5 hours which resulted in us missing our connection on Emirates. I travel frequently and realise these things happen, though this is where Royal Air Maroc really fail in their customer service. Passengers started complaining to security staff approximately one hour after departure after no word from Royal Air Maroc. Royal Air Maroc finally sent a representative to the gate after 1.5 hrs after the flight was meant to depart to sort passengers out with connections. After 2.5 hrs we spoke to staff who informed us that we had been rebooked a flight the next day and we needed to pick up our boarding passes and accommodation voucher from the transit desk in Casablanca. When we arrived at the transit desk where we were informed that they would deal with us shortly. This went on for more than 2 hours. Finally they advised us that we had not been booked on a flight as yet and they were working on our connection. A further 2 hours went by. Now 4 hours. No where to to buy food or get a drink. We were travelling with 3 young children aged 4 yrs to 9 yrs. We did ask staff about getting water though we were advised that we would have to clear customs buy water and then re renter though we would need a boarding pass which at as yet we did not have! Finally they agreed to continue working on our connecting flight and organise accommodation. We passed through customs and and waited for another hour for them to organise our accommodation. We were advised that we were now booked on the flight the following day and needed to pick up boarding passes in the morning. We arrived at the hotel 6 hours after landing. At the hotel we found out that Royal Air Maroc had booked our rooms incorrectly. Luckily the staff at the front desk were helpful and were able to sort things out. The next day we arrived back at th airport an 10 am for a 3pm flight only to find out once again that we had been lied to and we were not booked on the connecting flight and the flight was overbooked! It now took a further 4 hours to organise a flight which did not help our stress levels. Finally we were booked on a flight after 9 hours of waiting at Casablanca airport.
RouteMarrakech to Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"rude, inattentive and unfriendly"

Verified Review | Just as a pre-emptive note, I have flown many times and to Europe over 10 times and have never had such a horrendous experience. I flew out of JFK on March 23 2017, flight AT201 with a connection in Casablanca. The crew were inattentive and unfriendly. It was mostly an all-male crew. My TV monitor’s sound did not work and after 2.5 hrs into the flight of trying to get it fixed and trying to get their attention I finally gave up. They would never answer my attendant call button. On the return home it was even worse, I flew out of Rome, connected in Casablanca and then to JFK. From Rome on April 3, 2017 I was supposed to leave at 6.20pm, but the flight I was told was delayed 15 minutes. Well almost a full 6 hours later they finally got us on a flight at 12.10 midnight to Casablanca. There was little to no communication as to why we were delayed nor what our options were nor updates. Once in Casablanca at 2.30am we were just let off the plane with no explanation as to what to do, where to go, who to talk to or nothing. We got to the customs area where they gave us tickets for our connecting flight (we missed the 1st connecting flight, which was supposed to leave 10.30pm out of Casablanca to JFK) so the next available flight was at 2.45 pm (a full 12 hrs later). RAM did not tell us we could get a hotel or even where to go to get a voucher, I stopped at an information booth and she told me where to go. I got the voucher and the shuttle bus to the hotel, which was 4.00am by that time and got to my room. On the flight back to JFK again the TV Monitor sound did not work, but I didn’t even try to get them to fix it based on the last flight. Again the flight attendants were inattentive and unfriendly. The airport was scary, they were having demonstrations outside the area you had to walk thru to go to security and your gate. I don’t usually complain but this was such a bad experience I felt I needed to write a review.
RouteNew York JFK to Rome via Casablanca
Date FlownApril 2017

"no information and nobody to ask"

Verified Review | Utter Chaos! I had the misfortune of booking onto a Royal Air Maroc flight from Casablanca to Tangier at 11pm. I realised things were amiss when my coach pulled up to the plane and the lights were flickering on and off. There was an electrical fault, and the passengers were eventually sent back to the terminal. I can only assume all Royal Air Maroc staff then hid, as for the next 3 hours we were locked in the airport with no information and nobody to ask. There was a small passenger uprising, resulting in half the flight marching out of the airport. Chaos ensued and eventually at 4am a RAM representative arrived and directed passengers to a 'replacement coach'. When confronted by dozens of tired and angry looking passengers the surprised coach driver explained he was driving to Fez the next day, and we eventually established no replacement coach had been arranged. More chaos followed, followed by a 4 hour ride in a 1950s taxi eventually arriving 9:30am with no sleep. RAM promised compensation, but never paid and don't respond to e-mails. If you like planes that are well maintained and fly, arriving on time, customer service and compensation if things go wrong my advice is use another airline!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy