Rossiya Airlines

Review by (Ukraine) 7th June 2015

I used Rossiya around 30-35 times within last 12 months due to frequent trips to St Petersburg where Rossiya has its home base. Some good things happened due to integration of Rossiya and Aeroflot ground handing. Aeroflot is a quite civilized business so they taught Rossiya check in staff how to organize check in and how to politely serve customers. Ticket office services even despite coming to Aeroflot brand remain slow and helpless with insufficient staffing. Online services have all migrated to aeroflot.ru so all work fine. For some reason Rossiya still maintains its own website (quite shabby though) but clicking to check in or ticket purchase will all lead to aeroflot.ru. Inflight experience is well deserved 2 star with every effort put not to allow it to become 3 star. Meal service is the worst in the air (inedible sandwich plus cup of tea/coffee that are better not to taste). Bring your own food and drink from the airport. Their aircraft are second hand A319 with median age about 20 years or same aged B767-300 where seat configuration is 2-4-2. Toilets are old type (non-vacuum) so some terrible smells have accumulated within their lifetime. Legroom is non-existent on every plane type so I always try to get seat in emergency row. Seat comfort is the worst part of travel with them. Unbearable and painful if you're on a long flight. The crews are old soviet style. Even younger ones miss normal modern communication skills. Their English is usually incomprehensible so I don't get how foreign passengers can get flight info or even being communicated with. But there is one strong reason why this company is 2 star not 1 star. They are always on time. Not a single flight I was on have been more than 5-7 minutes late. Never. So that's why they fairly deserve their strong 2 star rating.

Review by (Italy) 1st September 2014

I flew from MPX to LED. The plane took off and arrived on time. The airplane and the toilets were clean. There was no inflight entertainment. The crew were very present during the flight but with basic English skills. The seats were very small and a very reduced leg space. They served us excellent food. Very surprised of the quality for an excellent price.

Review by (Czech Republic) 28th August 2014

PRG-LED SU6222 15/8/14. LED-PRG SU6221 20/8/14. Worst experience ever! Very used old and dirty aircraft old staff! No shop (you can't buy anything) food was just some awful sandwich (thrown away) no alcohol no sweets. Staff were unpleasant. Absolutely can't recommend I hope it was my last flight with this company.

Review by (Germany) 5th March 2014

A319 from FRA to LED on 2014-03. Very good seats sufficient leg room. Good food and beverages. I miss the glass of wine. No Audio / Video onboard but fine for 3 hours. However for this excellent price it is acceptable.

Review by (France) 30th December 2013

Samarkand and St Petersburg. Check in took about 1 hour there was only a few people before us. The agent refused to check in our luggage until our final destination which was Paris. It took 20 minutes to explain that we could not check in them is St Petersburg because we had no visa for Russia. The boarding was very long and they made everybody go out to board the oldish 767. It took about 20 minutes standing outside at night to get into the plane. The crew were unpleasant there was no inflight entertainment. The food was okay if you want to eat fish at 4am. We had a 1 hour delay on arrival and it took 1 hour to get off from the aircraft by bus. The following flight between St Petersburg and Paris was also a bad experience.

Review by (United States) 29th October 2013

I flew from St Petersburg after switching from the international to domestic airport. We all crowded on buses to get to the plane then we all rushed up the stairway to the plane with no lines no order no controls. The plane was full the seats were horribly tight I am only 5'11" but could not slouch even enough to let my head rest on the seat. The food was pretty bad though I was expecting worse. The lights kept flashing on and off getting bright dim flashing. It was about the longest 5 hours of my life.

Review by (Russian Federation) 22nd October 2013

FV245 LED-FRA 7/9/13. FV246 FRA-LED 14/9/13. Flew this airline last month to and from Frankfurt-Main on vacation. The fare was quite high but I had connection with other family members in FRA so had no choice. The Airbus A320 was okay satisfactory and clean. The seat pitch well I'm 1.82m and it is rare that an aircraft is comfortable for me this one wasn't but it's a common issue. The flight itself was okay the flight crew were informative. The cabin crew were terrible. Not a single smile. Unkind and impolite. Fellow passengers asked about the reasons for the delay and got a very rude answer. Inflight meal was awful as always. Can't review the ground staff since I had an internet check-in (which took me half an hour to deal with). The inbound flight was on time the return was 1.5 hours late. Transit passengers lost their connection flights. The bottom line is that this is the worst not low-cost company I have flown with.

Review by (Australia) 1st September 2013

Ekaterinburg - St Petersburg direct flight. Check in was fast and easy. Flight left and arrived on time. Aircraft was an Airbus 319 and I had good leg room. Flight attendant service was OK but in Russian. I did not test their English although announcements were bilingual. Breakfast was served but was fairly basic. There were some problems with offloading passengers at St Petersburg (not sure whose fault) and there was an apology from the chief steward for the delay. Luggage was waiting in the airport by the time we disembarked. While it was a three hour flight there was no inflight entertainment.

Review by (France) 31st January 2013

On a trip to Samarkand we chose Rossiya for the price. However the service is unacceptable. The comfort of the seat is horrible with a poor pitch. We had delay for all flights and the crew were unpleasant. In Samarkand it took 5 hours to leave the airport due to customs and immigration. Checking in the luggage for the return flight was long and unpleasant. They did not want to check them in to my final destination (Paris). It took about 20 minutes. Boarding took about 35 minutes outside in freezing temperatures.

Review by (Germany) 15th January 2013

TXL via LED to Tashkent and back from Astana via LED to TXL. Flight from TXL to LED in an Antonow was great. Flight back from Astana to LED on an Airbus 319 was horror for 4 hours. Even me as a short person could not stretch out my legs. The transfer at LED was a bit unusual. We had to change terminal our luggage could not checked through from TXL to Tashkent. We had to pick it up in St Petersburg. Because nobody spoke English and my Russian is very limited it was difficult to clear the matter with the luggage for the next flight (LED - Tashkent). In the end it worked fine with some unusual handling.