Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways customer review

Stockholm to Doha and Doha to Hong Kong and then returned the same way. During all of my flights the inflight entertainment system did not work properly for my seat and when it finally worked the screen was so scratched that it was hard to see anything. The seats were comfortable because the flight was almost empty yet the food could be classed only as average. When wanting to change the date of my return flight I was not helped at all on the phone nor through email/ website and when I actually went physically to their office in HK I was refused a change despite me wanting to pay for the difference. I cannot recommend them due to the service issues.

(Indonesia)

Economy SIN-ZRH-SIN via Doha. Flight operations were fine helped by the mostly very friendly and responsive staff and the use of state-of-the-art equipment (777/787). The choice and quality of the food was however nothing to rave about. Whatever its length any layover at Doha is painful to say the least. This is partially due to the poor infrastructure of the airport but also due to the rather chaotic organization of the airline's ground operations. On the way back I had a 8+ hour layover. I did not want to spend this time at the airport and booked a hotel. When enquiring at Zurich airport if I could leave the airport at Doha I was informed that this may be difficult. We still got off at the Arrival Terminal and - while the waiting period (about 1 hour) and the visa-on- arrival charge was a kick in the teeth immigration was smooth but getting away from the airport was again somewhat frustrating. The airline has potential but has to improve its ground services. In any case I will not take another flight with Qatar Airways until the new Doha airport is operational.

Qatar Airways customer review

Travelled London (LHR) to Kilimanjaro (JRO) via DOH and DAR in economy. The check-in at London was smooth. I was not impressed with the Dreamliner (787) that QR used for the flight from London to Doha and vice versa. The IFE did not work so we didn't have anything to watch or listen to. Some of the toilets were already in a mess. FAs were friendly and helpful. I should give them credit for trying to make the journey enjoyable. Flight from Doha to Kilimanjaro and the return flight were OK. The food was also average. Would I recommend QR? I would if you get the right price and if there is no choice.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew SIN-DOH-IAD in late October 2013 on J Class. As always excellent Bollinger served. I like the eat on demand service as we can time the meals. Great choice and great amenities. On route back we had a 8.5 hour lay over and had booked a room. But the thought of negotiating immigration was not very appealing and whiled away the time in the Premium lounge. Had sleeper couches and even fresh blankets and a great shower with L'Occitane toiletries. Spoilt for choice when it came to food.

(Denmark)

NBO-DOH-SGN. Aircraft's A320 and A330-200 respectively. No lounge access could be granted in NBO despite being a gold card holder. Hotel provided in Doha (upon prior request) as layover exceeded 8 hours. However due to Xmas transitters for hotels were stuck in immigration queues for almost 2 hours! It has hardly worth it. However the 4-star hotel provided in Doha was OK but somehow scraped. Doha-Saigon upgraded to business class from seat 30K to 1F. The business class standards are high food options plenty and service quick despite business class became full - mainly by those upgraded from economy which was completely overbooked. Seats not fully lie flat in the configuration encountered this time. A delay from Doha was unusual long for Qatar Airways. As a result we came to SGN 40 minutes late so I lost my onward connection and had to purchase new ticket from VN-airlines.

Qatar Airways customer review

DXB-DOH-BCN Dec 19th. Privilege Club golden membership is really appreciable: 15 kg extra luggage complimentary access to First Class lounge in Dubai and Barcelona and Oryx Lounge in Doha and (at least when it is respected) priority boarding. However the flight itself was not really enjoyable: chaotic take-off proceed at Dubai Doha transfer long and disorganised (as usual in that grotty old airport) and night flight to Barcelona in an uncomfortable Airbus A330-200. QR cabin crew did their best to make the journey pleasant with good PAX interaction). Gold and Silver Privilege Club members were treated personally as cabin crew called us by our name and gave us priority for breakfast preference (3 choices available between regular sweet and vegetarian). Flight arrived at El Prat on time and police and customs procedures were smooth. A good airline anyhow.

(Malaysia)

KUL-Doha and Doha - MUC economy both sectors. Very happy with Dreamliner between Doha and Munich although I don't like the 3-4-3 seating arrangement.

Qatar Airways customer review

London to Doha in business on the new Airbus. Our flight attendants English wasn't very good and they were not as efficient as other airlines. My dinner was overcooked and too salty. Staff were very kind and gave me a different meal. I had issues with my TV. It kept cutting out the entire flight. The beds are rights next to one and other. I was lucky as I was traveling with my husband but if I was sleeping that close to a stranger I wouldn't have enjoyed it. With other airlines you can put up a screen which you can't do on this plane. Worst inflight TV selection I've seen on a plane. Old movies and only a few new western release movies. Arrived into Doha for a 6 hour stop over and the Business Lounge is already looking very tired. Qatar would not be my first choice next time I fly. Up side: Amazing pyjamas and toiletry bag.

Qatar Airways customer review

Have just completed 2 very much anticipated legs with Qatar Airways Paris to Doha and Doha to Melbourne. We were so disappointed which is hardly what I expected to be saying here Used Air France La Premiere lounge in Paris although nice had limited food offerings but comfortable. Boarding welcome and crew great but meal uninteresting and veal tough. Only served with rice. It did do the trick though as required no dessert. Cabin was not cleaned prior to landing. Our arrival in Doha was delayed which meant the long anticipated use of the Premium Lounge was not met as by the time we were bussed to terminal we were told we had to board in 10 minutes. No seating as lounge full to overflowing toilets dirty and two lots of security ate into our very limited time. Back on the bus and our flight to Melbourne. Greeted warmly and seats fantastic and for us that was where it ended. For first time Qatar users we were not informed that to eat we had to request and subsequently very little food actually offered for a 13 hour plus flight. When food was finally requested due to extreme hunger and no chance to eat at Doha we were told there would be a long wait as crew were resting. Very little cabin presence throughout flight. Pyjamas offered and most passenger used them but only saw one bed made up by crew. All in all not quite what we expected and if this particular flight is anything to go on will not fly with them again.

(Norway)

Doha - Oslo. Attentive but unobtrusive crew. The 787 business class seat is outstanding and the entertainment screen is huge and sharp. Such a shame they fail horribly with the remote control/user interface. It is very slow and unresponsive. Whenever I tried to pause a film it would instead jump to the middle and I'd spend a lot of time fiddling and trying to get back to where I was. Several TV-shows (new) were of such low technical quality they might have been VHS recordings. The never-ending commercials that take over the entertainment system at the end of each flight are quite annoying. And please come up with a "do not disturb" solution. I don't like being woken up for a meal if I'm finally asleep.

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results