Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways customer review

Santiago and back on Qantas (BNE-SYD-SCL-SYD-BNE) Premium Economy - another unusual and not very satisfying experience. Service was very mixed - some flight attendants excellent some seem to have been in their roles for too many years and were keen to show it. Food and wine very good on Qantas PE possibly the best globally. The Big problem was the domestic connection on return in Sydney - what a shambles. The return flight from SCL was just 10 minutes late but already being aware from their schedules that I had about 70 minutes to make domestic connections I made special effort to ensure I only had carry-on luggage would utilise my APEC card to assist rapid immigration and have an Express Pass as well. Despite being a Platinum Frequent Flyer having my boarding pass properly checked at the International Terminal Transit Area as being valid for my next flight and then arriving at the new departure gate at least 35 minutes before the scheduled boarding time (an hour before scheduled departure time) when I was finally boarding I was then abruptly bumped off the flight 'as the Qantas computer advised it would normally be too late for someone to make my connection and so they had allocated my seat to another passenger'. By then I had been 27 hours without sleep and had to struggle to find a seat on that flight or next flight. It was an awful experience overall and one wonders how the IT programming and scheduling guys at Qantas develop such a program that causes such a problem. A final point is that maybe it is time globally for it to be acceptable to tip airline flight attendants for good service if they provide it. Although we are all aware flight attendants are primarily on-board for safety reasons surely it would be possible to tip the service component of their duties and perhaps make them happier.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew QF652 Sunday 8th. My wife choose to use her maiden name so I always ring to ensure they put us together. Told by phone service that they could not allocate seats so I would need to do it at airport. Told at airport that flight was full and best they could do is me at 34b and my wife at 54j. She said how sorry she was but I could try at lounge. This company has a bad attitude when if comes to customer service.

Qantas Airways customer review

PER-SYD and return. We flew last week the flights were both great. The breakfast on both flights was very tasty the staff professional and the TV and movies great to watch. Would definitely fly Qantas again.

Qantas Airways customer review

SYD-SIN-SYD in economy. Both flights on A330-300. Check-in at First Class counters as a OneWorld Emerald member was fast and the agent was very friendly. Fast-track through immigration and security in SYD much appreciated. Qantas International First Lounge wonderful as always with excellent quality catering and very friendly staff. Priority boarding honoured on both flights. Seat was comfortable and there was a reasonable amount of legroom and recline. On-board catering was pretty good. Meals were of a decent portion and also tasty. Both flights were on time. Qantas Lounge in Singapore was nice with very friendly and helpful staff. Cabin crew reasonably good on the SYD-SIN leg (QF81) but they were great on the SIN-SYD leg (QF6). IFE was AVOD. Selection of latest releases was a little limited and the screens were a bit on the small side. Fast-track through immigration and customs provided on arrival in SYD. Aircraft were well-maintained. Overall this was quite a pleasant experience. Haven't flown QF economy in a very long time but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again as long as the price was competitive.

Qantas Airways customer review

I traveled to Auckland New Zealand December 2-8 2013 on Qantas from DFW-BNE-SYD and AKL-BNE-LAX. The DFW-BNE flight used the refurbished 747-400ER and Business Class was amazing - two of the best Flight Attendants I have met. The service food beds amenities etc. were wonderful and the cabin was so clean and spacious. The AKL-BNE flight on a 737-800 aircraft was quite roomy in Business Class and had personalized service and great food. BNE-LAX used the older version of the 747-400 and had the old First Class used as Business Class b- felt like acres of space great food and again two great Flight Attendants in the cabin. The pre-order for breakfast is very smart on Qantas' part- love having it presented and not having to discuss and wait-saves a great deal of time! First time flying in a premium cabin with Qantas and it is highly recommended.

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew Business class using Frequent Flyer points upgrade. Aircraft was a brand new 737-800. Leather seat was extremely comfortable. Staff were attentive and very professional throughout the flight. was particularly happy to have in-flight entertainment after travelling on the forward sector with Virgin Australia who offered no IFE at all! Ground service at check in and in the lounge was faultless. A very enjoyable flight. Will definitely be supporting our national carrier by flying Qantas in the future.

Qantas Airways customer review

What a difference between North American carriers and Qantas! After a first class seat connection from LAX to Miami with AA we then boarded a Qantas flight home. I'm convinced that Qantas being an old hand at long haul just know how to do it better. The timing of meals stewards service pjs all add up to a very professional approach. Seats were not lay flat which lets them down a bit but service and planes compared to AA was a cut above.

(New Zealand)

My husband and I recently flew Perth - Melbourne on our way to connect with a flight to Auckland New Zealand. Have not flown Qantas in recent years switching to other airlines after dissatisfaction with their services. We had a great experience so much so would choose to fly Qantas again. The crew were friendly but professional my vegetarian meal was delicious but what impressed us most was that the crew were thoughtful enough to fetch my husband's meal at the same time mine was served so for the first time in many flights we were able to eat together. It's only a small thing but the attention to detail was very much appreciated. The aircraft was clean seating in Economy comfortable and the flight was on time. Thanks for a great flight.

Qantas Airways customer review

I travelled from Brisbane to Perth with Qantas on their upgraded 767-338 and was pleased to see that the ethics of Australia's only real full service carrier have been upheld. On this aircraft each passenger was supplied with an Apple IPad which connects to the Wi-Fi onboard the aircraft and streams a variety of entertainment. We were served lunch on this flight and I was very happy with my meal choice. The crew were polite and attentive throughout the flight and came through the cabin frequently to make sure all passengers were comfortable. I am very pleased with the Qantas experience and am able to say that it is still a marvellous Australian Airline.

Qantas Airways customer review

Fantastic service during flight from crew on QF2 London to Sydney in first class but let down by on the ground customer service difficulties both in London and Sydney. Impossible to make changes online resulted in many unhappy hours on the phone on hold waiting to be connected with a customer services agent. Not what I pay a first class fare for!
Cabin FlownFirst Class