Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew DXB-LHR in Business on the A380. A bit of a bland product in my opinion. Very minimalist and lots of extras missing. Amenity kit not worth bothering about. The evening supper was difficult to eat on the tiny plates with and most ended up on the table cloth. But generous with the drinks and I had a few hours deep sleep on the very comfortable flat beds. Breakfast a la carte and pre-ordered was good and made up for the poor super. Would prefer Emirates any day on this route but it made a change. Baggage delivery was fast and overall satisfied.

Qantas Airways customer review

SYD-HKG-SYD in Premium Economy - two of the most unusual flights I have ever had but which don't seem to fit the Travel Experience categories. Qantas has a great premium economy product: very good food and wines and generally excellent service in this part of the cabin. However on this set of flights I had unhappy experiences: for SYD- HKG I did not get my usual window seat preference even though I am a platinum frequent flyer. This is sort of ok but after take off I was asked to swap seats with someone who couldn't get his IFE to work which I was pleased to do but then found myself surrounded by a bunch of passengers who were it seems trying to drink as much alcohol as possible and who invited their mates up from the back of the plane to join in the party which generally took place in the isles or at the front of this cabin. This made for a terrible flight experience as one could neither work nor sleep due to the loud talking and calls for more drinks - which I was slightly surprised to see Qantas staff obligingly provided. On the return travel the staff at the boarding gate insisted on changing my boarding pass to give me one for someone of another name (it was a woman's name as well and I am not a woman) and then arguing with me that this other passenger was me! A bizarre and embarrassing experience to say the least especially as this also held up the boarding process for some time with other passengers glaring at me as if it was all my fault. My guess is that this boarding pass was for a woman who they had given my original seat to. Thankfully the situation was sorted out by a senior staff member as it turned out I was to be provided with a business upgrade - which was excellent.

Qantas Airways customer review

Old faithful. SYD-MEL-SYD 24/25 October B767. Great Service on a comfortable if rattly business class seat. Compared to the current dreadful A330 business seat to Perth that I'm dreading to have to sit in for 5 hours in a few days time I'd happily have the old seat any day. Someone should start a campaign to ensure Perth bound business passengers have as much comfort as we get on these old birds.

Qantas Airways customer review

Economy domestic Perth - Brisbane 767-300 refurbished aircraft. FAs all friendly and helpful stopping to chat with pax when not busy. Breakfast tasty and 2 drink runs. Downsides - many iPad entertainment units not working food service took 45 mins to travel from one end of cabin to another just to hand out breakfast. At least was a choice even on domestic. Very happy overall and landed 30 mins ahead of time.

Qantas Airways customer review

We were not expecting much having previously flown Air Asia (not recommended!) so when we boarded the flight we were met with very professional friendly and approachable staff. Then we were served good food and wine had great access to a good list of films and other entertainment. We were very comfortable and well accommodated by the staff. I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed this flight!

Qantas Airways customer review

I travelled Qantas Premium Economy as part of British Airways from Brisbane to Singapore and return. The trip over was great but on the return I had a person in front who had his seat fully reclined I was unable to even bend over as there was so little room. I also had difficulty getting out of my seat because of the distance between seats. This was very disappointing considering the extra cost. The service and food were great. It was a sad finish to a good trip.

Qantas Airways customer review

My husband and I recently flew to Grand Cayman to visit our daughter. We flew with Qantas from Brisbane to Los Angeles before travelling on to Cayman then returned with Qantas from Los Angeles. We have travelled extensively in recent years but due to poor experience with Qantas over 25 years ago had not used Qantas since then. We were very impressed with Qantas on our recent journeys. The staff were professional relaxed and very accommodating not only to us but to passengers around us. The cabin was clean well equipped with blankets etc for our long trip. The entertainment devices worked well. Most of all I felt the little extra touches made the trip more comfortable - bottles of water without needing to request water extra snacks in case of "the munchies" during the night or other than mealtimes. The standard of food was well above any of the many airlines which we have used in recent years. Overall Qantas made us feel very proud of "our airline".

Qantas Airways customer review

QF12 16 Sep 13 - leaving Boston. QF11 29 Sep 13 - leaving Sydney. I have nothing but praise convenience and comfort to my review of Qantas. My seat selection although a bit more money was an exit seat (66A) onboard Airbus 380. It's worth the extra for an exit row seat. The crew was very hospitable and pleasant along with the hot food and drink that made the flight much more enjoyable.

Qantas Airways customer review

Brisbane to Sydney on QF545. After experiencing rude ground staff and chaos on Jeststar on the journey up to Brisbane my children and I were quite pleased to be 'upgraded' to Qantas after our Jetstar flight was cancelled due to technical reasons. We were not allowed to have our boarding tickets printed until a hour before the flight but this was not Qantas' fault as they were waiting for Jetstar to provide then with the names of all the "bumped off" Jetstar passengers. It was a delight to fly Qantas the staff were welcoming and friendly very professional and the snacks ample but tasty. My 8 year old was given a child's pack to keep her distracted. The plane left and arrived on time.

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew from Melbourne to Los Angeles. Seat extremely comfortable and reclined into fully flat bed. They give you a mattress that smoothes out any lumps and bumps in the seat. I was able to get about 7 hours sleep. There was so much legroom I could stretch my legs out as far as possible without hitting anything in front of me. The staff were relaxed yet professional. The lounge was a great place to talk to the people you are travelling with. The sleeper suit was very comfortable and the items in the amenity kit provided an excellent experience. The food was what you would expect in first class. Qantas will be my first option when I travel.
Cabin FlownFirst Class