Best Cabin Crew

Qantas Airways

"ground services be improved"

(Hong Kong)

As much as I appreciate Qantas inflight service, I believe that their operations / ground services can be improved. Flying to AKL from HKG in business, I won the bid for upgrade from economy. When arrived at the check it I was informed my flight was delayed 12 hours! I didn't receive any notification before (like most airlines do) that would have avoided me to go all the way to the check in. In that moment I have been told that they did not know when I was gonna get my connection to AKL. Went back home, they after I learnt that I would have needed to spend one night in Sydney as there was no connecting flight the same day. That meant that I would arrive 20 hours after the planned time, losing one full day of travel. And I could not check in until AKL directly, meaning that I would need to take my luggage in Sydney, and check in again the morning after (with a 5 hours sleep maximum). In Sydney the hotel provided was very convenient (right in the airport) but no breakfast was provided. I wrote to Qantas to complain about these issues, but after 10 days I did not hear back anything from them. It's a shame that an airline with good inflight service is not able to manage these situations in a better way. At the end a travel experience includes all way from the departure airport to the destination.
RouteHKG to AKL via SYD
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"crew were very attentive"

Los Angeles to Perth via Melbourne. We paid extra $180 for exit row in the small economy section at the very rear of the upper deck. Unlimited leg room although no storage options here and is quite cold next to the door. Food was good, with dinner and breakfast served and any snacks we wanted in between. The cabin crew were very attentive and helpful. We did miss our connection in Melbourne due to the large queue in Customs but we were moved straight on to the next flight with no issue. My only criticism would be that the exit row seating width is a little constrained due to containing the to the TV in the armrest but this is standard on all carriers so there is not much that can be done about this.
AircraftA380 / A330
RouteLAX to PER via MEL

"a perfect flight"

(Belgium)

A perfect flight with Qantas from Melbourne to Perth. Flight was on time. A very good service, food was healthy and great taste. Drinks were superb. The crew were very friendly. It was a real pleasure to flight with. Seats were good. Just the free WIFI was very slow.
RouteMEL to PER

"back to good old days"

Honolulu to Sydney with Qantas recently updated A330-300 aircraft. The new economy seats were like those on A380 and entertainment system was first rate, with significant improvements on the old interior A330 we had on outward journey. Meals were lunch and dinner, a choice of three options. Meal size and quality was good. It was a bit like a step back to the good old days of the 80s in this regard. Crew friendly and came around with extras like ice cream, mid flight tea and coffee service etc. The best economy long haul flight I had had in years.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHNL to SYD

"great customer service"

Qantas Airways flight from Dubai to London Heathrow. From check-in till check out, provided with fantastic service. Boarding was very relaxed and welcome onboard delivered very professionally. During flight onboard team was very discreet and approachable delivering great customer service. Drinks and food provided with high quality.
AircraftA380-800
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteDXB to LHR

"staff were amazing"

I would like to commend the Qantas Airways staff on our flight from Sydney to Singapore on the 17th January 2016, flight QF 005. I travelled with my Daughter and Grandson. My Daughter has an intense fear of flying. The staff were amazing in taking the time to attend, talk and try and allay her fear. They were exceptionally attentive and I was so impressed with the genuine concern and care for her during the flight. I certainly have had my grievances with Qantas in the past, but this service has certainly impressed me.
RouteSYD to HND via SIN
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"felt that we were a nuisance"

Overall a satisfactory experience again with Qantas Airways from Sydney to London via Dubai, (this being the return part of a family visit "Down Under"). Efficient check in at Sydney with desk open 4 hours prior to flight allowing plenty of time in the Business Lounge - (not work the time). Flight departed slightly late but arrived early in Dubai. Our FA on this first leg was very surly, didn't introduce herself, drinks and snacks slapped down on the seat surrounds and generally we felt that we were a nuisance. This contrasted with our FA on the Dubai to London leg who introduced herself, was smiling and helpful throughout. Again arrived slightly earlier than planned into Heathrow. Food was OK but Qantas' general "business offering" falls below it's MIddle Eastern colleagues/competitors, particularly with the cocoon seating and no direct aisle access for the window passenger. The Entertainment system is easy to operate but the monitor and privacy screen controls were tempremental.
RouteSYD to LHR via DXB

"I had a great flight"

Flew QF 23 from Sydney to Bangkok on 21st January in Qantas Business Class in the new seating set up which is just great. Comfortable and easy to operate. The staff were brilliant, food delicious and very presentable. Staff communicated with passengers. In all I had a great flight.
RouteSYD to BKK
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"domestic ahead of International"

Melbourne to Santiago de Chile via Sydney return, in business class. Check in at Melbourne was polite and good. Even managed to get me on the earlier flight giving me a better connection time in Sydney. Melbourne Qantas business lounge so so. Service on board QF416 was fantastic. Excellent professional and approachable crew. Sydney International Business Staff rude and could not care less. QF27 departure was delayed by 2 hours, this flight operated by one of the oldest and dirtiest Boeing 747s in the QF fleet. Food not bad, onboard service was not the best but passable. Flight arrived into SCL 1.5hrs late. Thankfully I had a good connection window. Return flight operated by a refurbished Boeing 747-400 that looked newer. However delayed due to refuelling problems. Left over an hour late. Flight had better IFE. Crew was not the best. The food was terrible. Arrived into SYD late and bags took a long time to appear. Missed connection to MEL. Was on QF487 and had to be put QF 491. Crew and meal on QF491 was fantastic. Overall QF domestic is light years ahead of International.
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 747-400 / 737
RouteMEL to SCL via SYD

"flight was uneventful"

Singapore to Perth with Qantas, and the flight was uneventful and arrived on time. The crew were most efficient, professional and friendly. How sad however that QF71 and QF72 are the only Qantas flights operating out of Perth to Singapore, using a single aisle, aged Boeing 737-800. Given that Perth has arguably the closest overall association with our Asian neighbours, Qantas at least could put on a larger more modern aircraft which West Australians would no doubt support. Qantas has also been relegated to T1 at Changi, the budget terminal. An alternative - Jetstar? Simply read the litany of complaints and forget it.
RouteSIN to PER