Vote Now

Qantas Airways

"service not great this flight"

Verified Review | Sydney to Perth. Qantas usually not bad, but the service in Economy was a little strange. The main steward didnt seem to know what the meal was (curry or stir fry) and it wasn't clear whether he was trying to be funny or whether he really didnt know. Then another female cabin staff refused to take my unfinished ice-cream (enclosed in its unsoiled package and wrapped nicely in a napkin!). She took the empty bottle of glass saying "I'll just take this one" and then never came back. Leg room in exit row 13 was good but the service not great this flight.
RouteSydney to Perth

"an undisturbed flight"

Verified Review | Perth to Brisbane. Great service with an undisturbed flight so I could get some sleep before going to work the next morning. The seat is fantastic for a domestic business class, fully flat with plenty of space for storage (much better than the international QF Business class seat). You can use the semi-reclined take-off and landing positions on this seat also. Even seats are closer to the winder (storage on the aisle side) and odd numbers have the storage on the window side.
RoutePerth to Brisbane

"Wasn't super impressed"

Verified Review | Dallas to Sydney. They damaged my luggage and stroller. The stroller they said they have no control over insurance wise because it's technically carry-on even though I wasn't allowed to take it onto the plane and had one of their staff put in the luggage hold. My luggage only gets insurance if I can go to a Qantas desk, which there isn't in the city that I live in. I was pretty unimpressed by how difficult they tried to make it for me to claim even though they were in the wrong. I ordered vegan meals, which were average at best and beside the fact that I had a 9 month old on my lap the entire flight and couldn't really eat them (of course they charge you extra for the child who isn't even occupying a seat) but they brought the baby meals containing meat and didn't give the option to choose something else. I didn't feel like they wanted to help me much either. The staff seemed put out by even getting me hot water for my son's formula so dare not ask them to mind him while I went to the bathroom! Wasn't super impressed with my Qantas experience, especially when it's double the price of Virgin Atlantic.
RouteDallas to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Stay clear of this mob"

Verified Review | Queenstown to Sydney. Cancelled flight two weeks before and offered a flight via Auckland as compensation. Food on plane woeful. Icecream had all melted. Bags tool an hour to come off while a later arriving Jetstar flight was serviced immediately. Business class tags are as useful as a Christmas bauble. Among last bags off plane. Service staff all stand around passing the buck. Taking direction from their leader I guess. Five out of five for arrogance and incompetence. Zero for service. Stay clear of this mob.
RouteQueenstown to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2017

"seat padding was so inadequate"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Auckland return. First flight was in aisle seat, seat pitch not great but breakfast amazing. IFE on B737 is ancient compared to other airlines, touchscreen response slow. Second flight got put onto an exit row seat. Amazing legroom. However the seat padding was so inadequate I had to use pillow for lower back support. Dinner wasn't great although the ice cream/chocolate was. Service from crew with smiles, courtesy and care.
RouteMelbourne to Auckland
Date FlownMarch 2017

"Crew were friendly and worked hard"

Unverified | Our recent trip was from Sydney to New York and return. The A380 on the SYD-LAX-SYD route made a long-haul flight very pleasant. Meals were of good frequency, size, and quality. The self-serve drink and snack bar at the rear of the aircraft is a good idea and was well-stocked. Crew were friendly and worked hard. The LAX-JFK-LAX sectors were operated by refurbished 747-400ER aircraft, and although the flights and service were fine, the 747 is starting to show its age. Noise levels and (dry) air quality are noticeably different to the A380. Our return flight out of JFK was delayed due to the crew being caught in a traffic jam en route to the airport. Apart from that delay the flights were very good. The mix of good service, value-for-money, and what I consider to be a more-than-adequate economy class product means that Qantas remains my preferred carrier.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 747-400
RouteSydney to New York via LAX
Date FlownMarch 2017

"the service was friendly"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Melbourne. The flight left right on time, the service was friendly and jovial - nothing was too much trouble. I had the salmon that I pre-ordered and it was delicious! Great entertainment options and I love the self service snacks and drinks at the back of the plane.
RouteLos Angeles to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2017

"service on board was excellent as always"

Verified Review | Brisbane to Tokyo Narita. I took this route as it offered use of my Qantas Frequent Flyer Points. Flight departed early and arrived early which made the trip into the heart of Tokyo efficient and fast, considering the car transfer took an hour. The service on board was excellent as always, the Customer Service Manager was welcoming and made sure everyone was looked after, the rest of the team displayed great hospitality and service also. I think the food portions could be greater in amount and some better options with deserts. I'm very proud to fly with Qantas as it's a representation of Australia and I'm looking forward to the next flight on our way home.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBrisbane to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownMarch 2017

"we were really impressed "

Verified Review | Adelaide to Melbourne. We were really impressed with the Qantas short haul product. The business class seats were wide and with good legroom. British Airways should provide something similar in Europe! Even though the flight was only one hour a hot breakfast was serviced, which was very tasty. Cabin Crew were very good and happy to chat. Ground crew were also good, my One World membership number had been incorrectly entered by the travel agent and at check-in they were unable to resolve this. The lady at check in promised to speak to someone and sort it out and by the time we had cleared security and reached the Qantas Lounge it had been resolved and new boarding cards printed for us. Good job Qantas
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Another good flight"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Hamilton Island. Another good flight with Qantas. Check In was quick and easy. Lounge at Melbourne comfortable and not too busy. Flight on time. Service in business class was very good and hot breakfast served. Seat very comfortable and spacious. Used the Qantas ILink to my Ipad, which worked well.
RouteMelbourne to Hamilton Island