Qantas Airways

"last time I fly Qantas"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Brisbane. After booking my seat online for me and my partner together, I arrive at the terminal and check-in. I get given two B tickets in two different rows. So we are both seated between two complete strangers in the worst seats possible and aren't even together. If Jetstar can seat us together than why can't Qantas! Why don't they offer a choice of seating next time and instead of having it in the fine print that cannot be clearly seen how about you put it clearly when you are selecting your tickets. This is the 1st and last time I fly Qantas! If you cannot get seating right yet your competitors can, then I'll be flying with them.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownNovember 2017

"minimal staff available to help"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Qantas flight delayed 2 hours, then after boarding left on plane for another 2 hours before being told that another plane was coming from Perth and would then leave at 12.30 pm and allowed back into the terminal. No vouchers were available despite being told we would receive a $15 voucher - minimal staff available to help and no access to the Qantas club which was empty. Total disorganisation.
RouteMelbourne to Perth
Date FlownNovember 2017

"could not fault Qantas staff"

Verified Review | Compliment to Qantas staff. Our departure from Sydney airport to Bangkok was delayed as a result of a power failure at the airport. This resulted in us being unable to connect with our flight to Krabi. During the flight the Qantas staff informed us that they had made alternative arrangements for us with new flights the next morning and accommodation in Bangkok. The gentleman in charge and our steward could not have done any more to make us stress free, comfortable and valued. We cannot speak highly enough of these two gentleman. The captain of the plane even chatted to us. When we left the plane we were greeted by ground staff who directed us to collect our luggage and then escorted us to the transfer point for the hotel. We could not have asked for better service. We have been overseas many times and even though it meant we were delayed we could not fault Qantas staff for there help.
RouteSydney to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"a very enjoyable flight"

Verified Review | Auckland to Sydney. My first time flying home on Qantas economy from New Zealand, usually I'm in the Business Cabin but on this occasion I was travelling with my partner and the A330 had the appropriate layout for couple seating. The trip started with a visit to the Lounge and on this occasion the food was delicious. The flight departed 45 minutes late due to the late arrival because of storms over Auckland, not something the airline can control though we ended up arriving on time, great job from the pilot and first officer. Flight attendants were very nice, always scene walking through the Cabin. Maybe it was my luck, but food offered on the flight was delicious also, I should have asked for seconds. Snacks was also distributed consistently. Overall a very enjoyable flight, I was definitely glad to be home.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAuckland to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2017

"needs a lift in performance"

Verified Review | Sydney to Melbourne. Another average performance by Qantas, but as I do fly domestically quite often nothing surprises me these days. Flight departed 20 minutes late because of incoming aircraft and arrived into Melbourne 20 minutes past schedule. Onboard service was good, not great. From what I saw, the Customer Service Manager was the only person you can hear speaking, other Cabin Crew seemed very quiet. Food was quite delicious, I especially enjoyed the dessert. IFE was disappointing, though some content was new it wasn't all that great. Definitely needs a lift in performance, as lately it has not been consistent.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownNovember 2017

"makes flying quite impersonal"

Verified Review | Sydney to Brisbane return. From online Check-In through to airport security, everything was seamless. I find there is not many Ground Team at the airport besides the Lounge, which makes flying quite impersonal considering the large monopoly Qantas has on Domestic Travel within Australia. Both flights were on time, Cabin Crew were present and the IFE was updated, which is a bonus. Hopefully my next flight wont be so dull.
RouteSydney to Brisbane
Date FlownOctober 2017

"not be flying with Qantas anymore"

Verified Review | Adelaide to Sydney. We request wheelchair assistance online before travelling and was confirmed via email by Qantas. We arrived at the airport and the staff told us there is no wheelchair available and assistance was not provided. After telling them I have booked and made a fuss, they gave us a wheelchair and we had to push my father with COPD all the way. Getting off at Sydney, the wheelchair was not prepared during our exit of the flight. I am very angry and disappointed. If I allowed my father to travel alone and trusted this service it would have negatively affected his health. I will not be flying with Qantas anymore after so long. If you need wheelchair assistance don't fly Qantas. If you have a family member who needs assistance don't book Qantas and don't trust them. I have filed a complaint to Qantas and the reply was please accept their apology. If anything happened due to their failure to provide such essential service, is an apology enough?
RouteAdelaide to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2017

"the worst airline of the year"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Dubai to Sydney via Melbourne. I had a very disappointing experience with Qantas. Due to circumstances we wanted to change our flight form Darwin – Adelaide. Online we got a message “contact the office”. So we tried to telephone 131313. We placed three calls: the first one being 37 minutes, the second one being 20 minutes and the third one more than 40 minutes but we never got anybody on the line, only some completely ridiculous ever repeating message. So we purchased some internet time, and we tried the “chat”. It worked. But in the end the person could not help because there was a small fee involved, and he could not handle financial transactions. He advised us to contact either an office or by telephone. Contacting an office Friday at 9PM in Alice Springs is certainly not evident. And telephoning not possible. So service of Qantas is zero, nothing. We solved the problem by booking a flight Alice Springs-Darwin by Virgin Australia. 2. I don’t think anybody of the Management has ever travelled in economy class. The food is bad. On our flight Dubai-Melbourne we got as breakfast (after a flight of 11 hours) a small box containing cereals and some milk. Bread? Eggs? Fruit? On the similar flight Adelaide to Dubai operated by Emirates, we even got a choice of eggs, we got fruit, we got bread. On the flight Darwin-Adelaide we got as lunch a small box containing some Asian food. Nothing else. Honestly, the smallest roadside shop sells 10 times better food than this. It was simply disgusting,Drinks have to be paid for! On the flight by Virgin Australia we got a decent lunch and free drinks. Qantas have no official site where one can make complaints, and E-mail messages are not replied to, maybe somewhere next year – who knows. All this makes me sure to nominate Qantas as the worst airline of the year.
AircraftAirbus 380
RouteDubai to Sydney via Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2017

"departed late, no explanation"

Verified Review | QF768 from Perth to Melbourne departed 2 hours late on 30/10/2017 with no reasonable explanation from ground staff. On board the flight attendant openly displayed her annoyance when asked to explain the menu. To avoid further annoyance to her I took the meal she had in her hand which was a mixture of refrigerated rice, boiled chick peas and chicken. Truly an apology for a meal. Customer service needs to be monitored by Qantas. It would be nice to send customers an email enquiring about their experience on board Qantas. Perhaps then would we see better customer service
RoutePerth to Melbourne

"consistently good service"

Verified Review | Consistently good service. I fly this route (Manila to Brisbane via Sydney) approximately 20 times per year, and find that the service is always genuine, warm and competent. On checking in was great by the duty manager who personally welcomed me, introduced herself, thanked me for flying with them regularly and let me know if there was anything at all in needed to let her know. Decided to attempt to use the Japan Airlines lounge under oneworld sapphire status for a change of scenery but was directed the mascor lounge across the way instead, who were happy to accomodate me as Qantas are a client anyway. Similar to the Qantas Lounge (which is so-so in Manila, but the universal case with all lounges there) but better range of food and more space - so would recommend giving this a go if stuck there. Once on board staff were excellent, taking care of everyone well throughout the entire flight. Aircraft the A330-200, so not as nice (smaller ife screens) as the refurbished -300’s flying into much of Asia, but still clean and well presented. Landed ahead of schedule and transited the Qantas Club for a shower, coffee and breakfast before heading onward on an uneventful connecting flight to Brisbane. All in all great experience!
AircraftA330-200 / Boeing 737-800