Vote Now

Qantas Airways

"offer no assistance at all"

Verified Review | Tokyo Narita to Adelaide via Melbourne. We arrived at the airport late due to issues with the train breaking down. They refused to board us. They then refused to assist us in any way just providing a phone contact number for Japan. The phone number did not work at all. They then told us to call the international number. Tried using the pay phone but all my coins were exhausted after over a 20 min wait. Eventually got skype working on the wifi and was told I would need to pay over twice the price I paid to fly. Ended up just purchasing tickets with jetstar. At least you know what you are paying for there. For a full service airline to offer no assistance at all with anything you might as well just fly the budget option.
RouteTokyo to Adelaide via Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2017

"crew happy to be there"

Verified Review | Melbourne to New York via Los Angeles. Brilliant flight from Melbourne. The A380 was spotless, quiet and smooth. Recently had to travel on a 777-300ER and was shocked by how loud and unpleasant they are to fly in by comparison to the A380. Food was great, crew happy to be there and looked after the passengers during the flight. Amazing the difference having PJs to change into make. The Los Angeles to New York JFK leg was on an older 747-400. Still nice to fly, but showing their age (gracefully). Well done Qantas, I continue to trust your consistent service.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 747-400
RouteMelbourne to New York via Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"lounge is always clean"

Verified Review | I am a Qantas Gold class member and typically travel economy class for business between Melbourne and Sydney. Great online check in, and paperless boarding system as boarding pass is sent to phone and you can use your Frequent flyer card to check in which I regularly do too. Lounge is always clean and lounge staff are extremely helpful. Lounge food is basic but fresh and the drinks are always served with a smile. Seats could be a bit more roomy but they are very reliable with I would say better on time departure KPIs generally in comparison to the alternatives, much more reliable as I have often been delayed when I have been forced to use the alternatives. I once needed to modify my flight to get home urgently to a sick child and although my ticket was not a flexible one they accommodated me at no change cost, upgraded me to business and made sure I was first off the plane. That in my humble opinion generates customer loyalty and is the reason I recommend them and would no longer fly any other airline in Australia.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2017

"service was exceptional"

Verified Review | We flew Qantas as a British Airways codeshare from London to Australia return. My girlfriend and I were really impressed with Qantas, especially after flying British Airways. Service was exceptional, snacks provided by cabin crew during the flight (something BA cannot afford to provide even on a 13 hour flight) and food was tasty. Plane was in excellent condition. TV's were large and choice of entertainment was plentiful. I would have no hesitation flying Qantas again.
AircraftA330-300
RouteBrisbane to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2017

"lunch service was delicious"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Sydney. I got to the airport 2.5 hours before my 12PM departure to try out the Melbourne Domestic Business Lounge. A fairly quiet day for travel so getting through Check-In and Security was a breeze. Upon boarding, I noticed the process was slightly not organised as no announcement was made and customers were mixing between Business and Economy lines. Onboard, FAs were welcoming and incredibly attentive. The lunch service was delicious with very good entertainment provided.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2017

"won't bother paying for Premium Economy"

Verified Review | Overnight flight 20 April Tokyo Haneda to Sydney in Premium Economy. Priority boarding, drink on reaching seat, offered a tasty looking menu. 1 hour into flight smelt the Business class food and watched the trolleys whiz by. 90 mins in, all of us in Premium were served drinks as usual and sat with trays down waiting for dinner. No meal arrived! 2+ hours into the flight suddenly the lights dimmed to sleep mode and a steward came by 30 mins later and offered me something on a tray - either an apple or a chocolate. I said I'd have both since dinner wasn't served. He said no one wanted dinner this was a sleeping flight. When I said I had been given the dinner menu he muttered something and said "did I want the whole tray of snacks then?". I put my call light on later to ask for some water and a female flight attendant asked me if I knew I had the call light on and what did I want. I'll fly JAL next time this was a waste of money. Finally got breakfast before landing which was woeful both in selection and quality with the worst coffee I've had on a plane and that's saying something. The seat was fine (more comfortable than Business class seat) but that was about it. I won't bother paying for Premium Economy with Qantas again.
AircraftBoeing 747- 400
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteTokyo Haneda to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2017

"probably the worst flight"

Verified Review | I have had great service from Qantas but feel obliged to submit this review having experienced probably the worst flight in my travel history. Travelled from Tokyo to Singapore on JAL in comfort and style (economy). Roomy seats, attentive service and all in all a satisfactory flight. Qantas from Singapore to Perth on a Boeing 737 that seriously must be configured the same as Jetstar or Tiger. Tight is the word. No leg-room at all. I was mortified to find myself in such an uncomfortable situation. And economy passengers share one toilet for the 5hr 40 minute flight. Food ok, entertainment system fine but comfort level in the minus. If I have wanted Jetstar I would have chosen Jetstar and paid the Jetstar price! Hats off however for being on the ball to get us to our connecting flight when the JAL landed late. Excellent ground staff organization, although maybe on reflection missing the flight may have been a blessing!
RouteSingapore to Perth
Date FlownApril 2017

"meal service efficient and delicious"

Verified Review | It's been 10 months since I last flew this route and I love that Qantas uses a wide body jet to cater for the many customers that fly between Sydney and Melbourne. Check-In and security was a breeze, and boarding was 10 minutes early. The entertainment offered was on an iPad and the meal service was efficient and delicious. The FA were very attentive on a very short flight and Arrival into Melbourne was on time. I definitely would recommend Qantas for everyone.
RouteSydney to Melbourne

"was a great experience"

Verified Review | Sydney to Melbourne. It's been 10 months since I last flew this route, and I love that Qantas uses wide body jets at certain times for this route to cater for the many people that fly between Sydney and Melbourne. Boarding was 10 mins early and we arrived on time. The entertainment of movies and TV shows provided on IPad was great. For meal service I had an amazing salad with choices of soft drinks and water, including some chocolates for dessert. I also had a great seat with extra leg room right behind Business Class. Once again flying with Qantas was a great experience and looking forward to my flight back to Sydney.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2017

"surprisingly comfortable on this night flight"

Verified Review | Tokyo to Sydney in premium economy with Qantas. I was surprisingly comfortable on this night flight. I found seat pitch to be good and width adequate. Recline and comfort were not bad but it was a little difficult getting in and out of your seat when everyone's reclined for sleep. Food was decent as was service and in-flight entertainment—in fact it was better than some business offerings, e.g BA. Importantly for me cabin temperature was cool but not cold and the supplied blankets and pillows were excellent. You felt fresh with good air circulation throughout. Personally I'm a fan of the refitted 747s, which while not "modern" are large, fast and comfortable. Everything was clean and in working order so no issues with the older aircraft. While Qantas PE wasn't particularly well priced you could see where the money went. It is a viable alternative to business for shorter sectors in my opinion.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy