Primera Air

"major delays at both airports"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Boston. Primera Air offers budget flights from the UK to the US using Airbus A321 Neo aircraft. I flew from Stansted to Boston on 6th August. The check in process at Stansted was a pain because Primera Air doesn’t offer online check for US flights. There is no automated check in so all passengers, including those with just hand luggage, have to queue. Although the 7-hour flight to Boston passed without incident, there were major delays at both airports. The plane took off almost an hour late from Stansted. In spite of arriving in Boston on time (this airline pads its schedule to a ridiculous extent), we sat on the apron for 30 minutes, waiting for an available gate. To add insult to injury, we were kept on the jet bridge for a further 20 minutes. Although I only had hand luggage, it took me 90 minutes from landing to leave the airport. The service onboard the flight was minimal and there was little real food for purchase. Drinks were reasonably priced. There was no entertainment system. The aircraft was new and the onboard experience on my flight was reasonably good. I would use Primera Air again but wish they would sort out the problems they have with airports and ground agents. I also wish they would modernise and introduce online check in for US flights.
AircraftA321neo
RouteStansted to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2018

"was great value for money"

Trip Verified | Newark to Paris. As a result of the delays in receiving their A321-LR aircraft Premera air contracted EuroAtlantic to fly the Newark- Paris(CDG) route.The check in took about 45 mins as it was a full flight. It took about 40 mins to get through security at Newark due to the lack of TSA staff and screening equipment.The seats were comfortable ahd a personal TV screen in each seat which had a limited selection of films and TV shows. There was also a USB port to charge personal devices, There were no headphones offered on board luckily we had our own set. The scheduled flight time was 6 hrs 25 mins we took off about 30 mins late but we managed to arrive on time into CDG. The EuroAtlantic staff were friendly and attentive and looked after the passengers on the flight. Meals and drinks were provided to those passengers who booked their meals through the Primera air website. Overall this flight was great value for money.
AircraftBoeing 767-338ER
RouteNewark to Paris
Date FlownJune 2018

"Do not book with this airline!"

Trip Verified | Alicante to Stansted. Booked this flight because it was the cheapest and didn’t look into them that much. Woke up on the morning of the flight to say that it was delayed from 12:40pm to 04:20 the next morning. Nobody was the airport until 11am (staff wise) and they then checked us in before sending us off to a hotel at 3pm. As we pulled into the hotel we all received a text message saying that the flight was cancelled and we had to book our own flights home. I got one of the last British Airways flights which cost me £500. There were lots of distressed people who couldn’t afford a new flight and I honestly don’t know what happened to them in the end. Lots of people had to fly to East Midlands the next afternoon and then make their own way to Stansted. This isn’t ideal but these things happen and at this point I wasn’t too annoyed with Primera Air. However, upon returning I have emailed my refund claim as asked and have had no reply. I have tried to phone them and their refund department do not have a phone number. The lady in customer services told me that they get thousands of claims a day so I shouldn’t expect a reply soon. It’s so frustrating that they still haven’t been in contact (nearly 3 weeks later) to even give me a reference number. Do not book with this airline! Pay the extra money to fly with an airline that will actually treat you properly.
RouteAlicante to Stansted