Top 100 Airlines

Precision Air

"staff were polite and courteous"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I was wary of booking a flight with Precision Air given the past poor reviews I had read. This flight was a pleasant surprise. My bag was checked in at Kilimanjaro, and it made it all the way to Bangkok. The check-in experience was pleasant. Staff were polite and courteous. The seats on the ATR 72 were standard and comfortable enough for this short flight which took 40 minutes. Was able to take photos of Mt Kilimanjaro covered in snow. The plane left on time, and arrived 15 minutes early. Seats were comfortable enough and the plane was clean. The snack was a dry croissant, not so appealing. Inflight service again was courteous and efficient. Would fly them again into/out of Tanzania but bring own refreshments.
RouteJRO to NBO
Date FlownApril 2016

"warned to give them a miss"

Verified Review | We had booked a flight to Zanzibar from Arusha on 01 March, 2016. We booked through a 3rd party website, AirTicket (Zahn Air) similar to dozens of other flights we have taken in the past year. We have been travelling in Tanzania and Kenya these past two months. Upon arrival at the airport in Arusha we were informed that our ticket was worthless and we would need to purchase new ones. Digging further, Precision Air said that they hadn't been paid by these external operators and so would not honor their tickets. I explained that we had two good tickets, from Precision Air, confirmed seating and valid boarding passes printed the night before. I said that if there was an issue, it would have been quite helpful to have been advised earlier. Precision Air does not take credit cards at the Arusha Airport so they lamely offered to drive us to an ATM and then take us to Kilimanjaro Airport as there was no way we were going to make our planned flight. They also initially suggested they would allow us to board and then pay with a credit card once in Zanzibar (we had a driver picking us up in Zanzibar so we needed to make this flight). This was offered by an assistant manager but quickly squashed by the manager as undoable. Zero flexibility at all. There were seven other folks in a similar position. We scrambled about and found a mixture of dollars and euros to pay for 2 new tickets and boarded the flight. The plane was fine, the flight smooth but having paid cash for a second set of tickets was not the best way to end our visit to Tanzania. I appreciate developing countries and I work in a few so this is not so new but being extorted just to make our flight was awful. We have started the process with the online websites and visa to recover our lost ticket value. As for Precision Air, we were warned by a business colleague in Nairobi to give them a miss but we obviously didn't heed this helpful advice. As a note I also posted virtually the same review in TripAdvisor titled 'Borderline Corrupt'. As of 26 March we are still in the process of recovering our lost ticket value... we are not alone! We have used Kenyan and Fly540 using the same booking method without issue. I wouldn't recommend Precision and expect they will be out of business if they keep this up. The actual plane, flight, and onboard staff were fine. Good luck, you have good alternate choices.
AircraftATR 42/72 - 500
RouteARK to ZNZ
Date FlownMarch 2016

"moved me to another plane"

Had booked a Precision Air flight at 5:30 pm from Zanzibar to Dar Es Salaam. At checkin they told me that they moved me to another plane 1.5 hours later. No pre notice was made by call, SMS or mail (they have my contact details). Missed an important business meeting in Dar.
RouteZNZ to DAR
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"cabin conditions good"

Nairobi to Mwanza via Kilimanjaro with Precision Air. Was apparently lucky that flights to and from Mwanza ran on time. Cabin conditions and in flight refreshments good for that type of aircraft and length of journey. Discovered after I got home that the aircraft on our return flight, (an ATR72, registration 5H-PWA) had had to be repaired after it was "substantially damaged" following a runway excursion at JRO in July 2014. On the trip to Mwanza, one in our group had their luggage not arrive with them, but this may have been an issue with Nairobi Airport rather than Precision Air. It arrived on a later flight that day but they weren't notified until the next day. There were good views of Mt Kilimanjairo to pass the flight time away.
RouteNBO to MWZ via JRO
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"great value for your money"

For our roundtrip of Tansania we were in need of three flights. Our tourist agency booked all flights with Precision Air and I was kind of worried. We even booked one flight earlier than we needed because we wanted to be sure to get our flight back to Europa. Everything was nearly perfect. First flight had a delay of approx 20min, the other two were ahead of schedule! No luggage was missing, nice cabin crew, drinks and snack. Overall great value for your money.
RouteDar Es Salaam to Kilimanjaro
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"keep away from Precision Air"

(Israel)

We flew with Precision Air from Arusha airport to Zanzibar. Along with a very rude flight attendant, when we landed at Zanzibar airport we were informed that "dew to the weather" almost all of the passenger's luggage were still in Arusha airport! They just didn't load it on the plane. They said the luggage will get to our hotel later that day but when we called from the hotel they told us maybe they will get tomorrow evening. We still don't have any luggage on us and don't know when and if it will get here. We are deeply disappointed, and we advise everyone to keep away from Precision Air.
RouteArusha to Zanzibar
Date FlownOctober 2015

Precision Air customer review

My partner and I did 3 flights with Precision Air, Dar Es Salaam to Kilimanjaro, Arusha to Stonetown & Stonetown to Dar AEA Salaam. All our flights were on time, the staff in the ground were efficient and the only delay we encountered was beyond the airlines control, due to a delay at Dar Es Salaam Airport. The planes themselves are okay for 90-120mins flight, then due to comfort it wouldn't be fun. Just pack a book and some music and you'll be fine for short hops in Tanzania. The food was basic, peanuts and a drink, but you don't need to be feed a meal every time you hop on a plane, you don't get one on a bus!
RouteDar Es Salaam to Kilimanjaro

Precision Air customer review

I had read a number of terrible reviews on this website prior to travelling, speaking of cancelled or delayed flights, which had me very worried as we were relying quite heavily on this airline to be on time for us to make our safari and onward connection to fly home. During our time in Tanzania we took three flights, all of which were on time (if not early) and baggage was processed very quickly and all was received. They also offer a very cheap transfer to Arusha town centre from Kilimanjaro Airport (about $5 per person opposed to a $50 taxi). The plane was not the most spacious or comfortable, though I have flown on other budget carriers in the UK (which have much higher ratings than Precision Air on this website) which were just as bad if not worse. Free refreshments were provided on the flights, again not something that the budget carriers offer. Though I have no doubt that the experiences of other reviewers here are absolutely true, I'd caution against reading too much into this. After all, how often to people go to a review an airline when it is just OK.
AircraftTurboprop
RouteKilimanjaro to Dar es Salaam

Precision Air customer review

I tried several times to book my flights on their website to travel from Arusha, Tanzania to Zanzibar and from Zanzibar to Dar es Salam. I needed to change my booking and there is no option to do so on-line. After many e mails and phone calls I did manage to change but no option to pay the change fee with a credit card. Was asked to send a bank draft or pay at airport. At Arusha computers were down. Finally did it at Zanzibar. I had heard nightmare stories about delays and missed connections but we experienced none of this. Both flights were early. Just keep enough time at the airports as most things we take for granted happen at a very slow pace as computers are down most of the time. Its free seating on the domestic flights. Some refreshments were served during both flights. Seats cannot be reclined and not much space in overhead lockers.
RouteArusha to Dar es Salam via Zanzibar

Precision Air customer review

Dar Es Salaam to Arusha. One day delay, landing to wrong airport, no taxi or bus paid to go to the planned airport, no baggage (still at Dar Es Salaam). No information from staff, and at leasst 2 days safari have been lost without any compensation. Same problem with the return from Arusha to Zanzibar : another airport to take off, no buses, compensation etc. Fly with this company at your own risk !
RouteDar es Salam to Arusha