Precision Air

"Avoid them if you can"

Verified Review | My Kenya Air flight was cancelled, and I was moved to Precision Air. I was assured multiple times (by both Kenya Air and Precision staff) that my luggage would be on the revised flight - but when I landed, no luggage. Precision Air did little to help get the luggage to me once found, and I personally had to send someone back to Kilimanjaro Airport to get it. Precision Air eventually offered me some compensation, and despite me giving them my bank account details (multiple times), and proof of my identity, they still refuse to provide the promised funds. They are doing everything they can to delay the compensation process, in the hope that I will just go away. Precision Air created a bad start to my African holiday, and they are perpetuating the problem by trying to avoid their legal obligations to compensate me. Avoid them if you can.
RouteNairobi to Kilimanjaro
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"clean, modern aircraft's"

Verified Review | Flew Precision Air from Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar on ATR42 and a week later ATR72 Zanzibar to Nairobi. Both were on clean, modern aircraft's with good cabin crew who were meticulous on safety preparations. Both flights precisely on time and baggage delivered quickly. I was a bit anxious having read earlier reviews, but they seem really to have upped their game.
RouteZanzibar to Nairobi
Date FlownOctober 2017

"on the day everything was fine"

Verified Review | Flew Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. Goodness me, the reviews here had me worried about booking Precision Air, but I didn't have much choice. But on the day everything was fine, the flight ran to schedule and my bag arrived at the other end. In-flight snack was a proper 50 gram pack of quality Tanzanian cashews, beats many airlines.
AircraftATR42
RouteKilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Date FlownAugust 2017

"the worst customer service"

Verified Review | Kilimanjaro to Nairobi. This is the worst customer service I have dealt with. Our flight was booked for 4am. Prior to leaving for the airport we logged into Precision Air online and it confirmed that our flight was going ahead as scheduled. When we got to the airport at 1.45am, the airport was closed. At 4am the desk opened and they told us ourflight had been cancelled for 1 month. No one had previously let us know or rescheduled our flight. After this had happened they would give us no assistance in rescheduling this flight and all they would do is let us buy a new ticket to kenya, which was too late for our connecting flight to Livingstone. We ended up stuck in Livingstone and still no one would help us, continually blaming someone else. Kenya airways spoke to them to reschedule our flight however they would not accept responsibility. I am writing this from Nairobi airport 15 hrs later, still trying to organise a new flight with no help from the airline who say it is nothing to do with them. We have tried to purchase new tickets which cost $1300 per ticket and they have not yet come through. They had already charged us $800 for the original ticket (which supposedly did not exist). I will never travel with Precision Air again or recommend them.
RouteKilimanjaro to Nairobi
Date FlownMay 2017

"check-in was friendly"

Verified Review | Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar. We flew the short hop between Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar both ways with Precision Air. On both airports check-in was friendly and straight forward, every piece of luggage was weighted on an old school scale before being tagged. During check in in Dar Es Salaam I left a small folder containing my trip itinerary at the counter. This was returned to me at the time of boarding before I even missed it. Great service! One fact made us a bit nervous while waiting for the flight from Dar Es Salaam to Zanzibar: the flight was not shown on the screens! When inquiring about this, ground staff assured us that my boarding card was right and the screens were wrong! Both flights boarded and departed spot on time and both arrived early. During the short flights the cabin crew remained strapped in, understandably there was no F&B service. The aircraft have green leather seats with a decent seat pitch which showed a high utilization of the aircraft. Luggage delivery in Zanzibar took only a few minutes and about 20 minutes on the return flight in Dar Es Salaam.
RouteDar Es Salaam to Zanzibar
Date FlownMarch 2017

"all in all a good service"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Two flights with Precision Air from Dar es Salaam to Arusha and Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar. Both flights left on time and landed early. Check in was straightforward with no queues at both Dar and Kilimanjaro. The planes were old and the seating a little worn, but felt perfectly safe. Luggage also arrived, so all in all a good service for a cheap flight.
RouteDar es Salaam to Arusha
Date FlownDecember 2016

"lack of customer service"

(Kenya)

Verified Review | A very bad experience. Arrived in Zanzibar on a direct flight from Nairobi JKIA. My bag did not arrive, which I would consider impossible on a short 90 minute direct flight where the bag was checked in shortly before the flight. Upon arrival I was told it would most likely be on the next flight arriving at midnight and delivered to my hotel in the morning. I phoned several times from 9 a.m. the next morning and no reply. Finally at 10:30 a.m the ZAT lost luggage number replied and said the bag was on it's way to the hotel, which is 30 minutes from the airport. A couple of hours later I asked the hotel to phone them again, and they were told that it was still on it's way still. By 6 p.m. still no delivered bag and was told the driver could not find the hotel and had returned with the bag to the airport and was now refusing to deliver it. I phoned Precision customer care, and explained the problem. The customer care agent said she would check and phone me back in 5 minutes. No phone call back. I called the baggage agent again and he said I would have to pick it up myself. Next morning took a taxi to the airport and the bag was waiting in the office. Very disappointed in the total lack of customer service and the attitude of the baggage people in Zanzibar. Shame that a few people put Zanzibar in a bad image and leaving people to not recommend Precision Air due to bad experiences.
RouteNBO to ZNZ
Date FlownDecember 2016

"truly spoiled our honeymoon"

(South Africa)

Verified Review | I flew with my wife for our honeymoon from Johannesburg to Nairobi and then finally to Zanzibar. The flight with Precision Air was delayed by almost 2 hours due to them not having a plane ready. Upon arrival in Zanzibar, my bag was there, but not that of wife. After 3 days of constant badgering and calling the Zanzibar airport and Precision Air, they still cannot find the bag or even provide an indication to where it might be. This is inexcusable in this day and age with technology. They can't scan the bags or even make use of a cargo list. This has truly spoiled our honeymoon. The best is that they don't even make an effort to provide assistance. It seems that it happens so much that they aren't even phased by it. Can't believe I wasted so much time and money on them.
RouteJNB to ZNZ via NBO

"Precision Air just lie"

On the 11:10 flight from Mwanza to Dar es Salaam we boarded, then they took the bags off - supposedly due to weight balance suspect due to additional cargo. We were told bags would be put on a later fastjet flight that would arrive in Dar es Salaam at the same time. Arrive at Dar es Salaam, no bags. Told they would arrive 7 pm and filled in paperwork for delivery at Dar es Salaam hotel. At 10pm no bags, ring Precision Air, the bag is at airport but no driver. 8am on the 16th no bags and no fresh clothes for business meetings. Precision Air just lie.
RouteMWZ to DAR
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very pleasant experiences "

Verified Review | I took 3 Precision Air flights in Sept (Nairobi to Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro to Zanzibar, and Zanzibar to Nairobi). My first flight left on time and landed 10 mins early. My second flight left early and landed 20 mins early. My final flight was 20 mins late. I had no lost bags. The flights were professional and aircraft clean. Electronic boarding passes given for all flights. The check-in crew at ZNZ were the most militant about checking luggage weight, so as mentioned in previous posts, stay below 23kgs or pay up. Overall very pleasant experiences - don't get put off by some reviews.
RouteNBO to ZNZ via JRO