Porter Airlines

Porter Airlines customer review

I enjoyed flying Porter out of Toronto into New York. Friendly staff and civilized service. The disappointment was flying back in foggy weather. My flight was redirected to Hamilton because the Island airport doesn't have good navigation systems for landing in fog and Porter's terminal at Pearson doesn't have Customs agents. Porter arranged buses from Hamilton to Toronto so they handled the situation well but the trip took much longer than planned. I would use Porter again for domestic flights but not rely on them for on-time arrival from the US.

Porter Airlines customer review

I had a chance to try their service in order to get to Chicago. The flight had a four hour stopover in Toronto but still it was outstanding in every way. The Border officer at Midway Airport was efficient but welcoming. Certainly much better than the experience I had had at O'Hare.

Porter Airlines customer review

Return flight from Ottawa to Toronto. The lounges at both airports are a nice touch with high quality snacks and gourmet coffee. Outbound we got offered the same snacks as served in the lounge with our beverages. Complimentary wine was served in a real glass. Returning (same time of day) we got a lunch box with a half sandwich and cheese and crackers. I would still prefer to fly in a jet than a Dash 8. They claim it to be quiet but its really only quiet compared to other propeller planes. All in all nice service and a good product. But really 20 years ago all the airlines offered a snack lunch free drinks and in a jet. The Toronto Island Airport is a great location but it will be nice when there are some facilities before security to allow people to visit before going through security. One concern is that with the amount of overwater flying Porter undertakes using this airport on Lake Ontario (and now they fly to Newfoundland too) I would have thought that the seat cushions would at least double as flotation devices.