Porter Airlines

Porter Airlines customer review

Best experience ever! I was very impressed with Porter. From the private lounge with computers to use free snack area to flight crew - who doesn't love free booze? Great lunch sandwich and cookies!

Porter Airlines customer review

London to New York then NYC to Toronto. The outbound flight was delayed due to fog but they were lovely about it and let us off the plane. They explained several times and didn't leave us hanging. Staff were accommodating. My luggage was over the limit as I had flown premium from London to NYC and that allows me two cases. They were understanding. On my return I was worried as my luggage was even heavier but I explained that I was going back to London and they were lovely. Free coffee and shortbread was a nice extra. The flight was on time and I would use them again.

Porter Airlines customer review

This was my first experience flying Porter and it won't be my last. From the moment I got to the Ottawa airport to check-in I was pleased. The agent at the counter was friendly and helpful. She proceeded to inform me of my departure gate and where the Porter lounge was and to help myself to anything I wanted. Onboard the attendants were helpful and attentive once in the air we were served a box lunch wasn't expecting this at all (considering it's only a 45 mins flight from Ottawa to Toronto) and a beverage of your choice. Arrived at Billy Bishop airport in time for my connecting flight to Windsor.

Porter Airlines customer review

Windsor to Ottawa. Windsor airport lacks services in general. The Porter staff were friendly and check-in easy. The lounges in Ottawa and Toronto were quite comfortable and it was a plus to have the free Internet access. The snacks are certainly an upgrade from anything offered on other carriers and the flight costs were far more affordable.

Porter Airlines customer review

YQM-YOW-YTZ. Check-in was easy at YQM with polite staff. Bright airy cabin clean-smelling inside the cabin comfortable leather seats with generous space between each row. Professional flight attendants because of a quick turn around at Ottawa before continuing to Toronto we were served food and drinks twice. Both times we were given a box containing a sandwich a salad and a piece of chocolate candy plus the drinks service. Even though it's not warm food its tasty better than pretzels and appreciated on a short flight. The flight was smooth and we landed in Toronto 20 mins ahead of schedule.

Porter Airlines customer review

Round Trip from Chicago to Toronto and back to Chicago. They have a very nice lounge in Toronto which I got to experience when flying back to Chicago. Free use of the computer internet free snacks juice etc. The airlines really tries to take care of you in terms of making you comfortable. My flight was only 1 hr 30 mins and they gave out snacks. Great value for money with nice extras provided.

Porter Airlines customer review

Porter from Chicago Midway-Toronto. Excellent trip best flight we've had in years. Staff was good plane with just two seats each side and lots of leg room for normal size people. Lounge in Toronto very nice with free beverages snacks and WI-FI.. There is a free shuttle to the Fairmount Royal York Hotel which is a central location.

Porter Airlines customer review

A 40 min flight from Windsor-Toronto took 6.5 hrs. What a disappointment. Spending so much money on advertising and not ensuring customer satisfaction is a waste of your resources. Toronto is very sophisticated and smoothly operated. Some compensation should be offered more than a $12 luncheon voucher. I am very disappointed. Next time I will be driving to Windsor not flying Porter.

Porter Airlines customer review

Toronto-Chicago. Incoming aircraft was delayed due to weather from departure city. Aircraft was boarded at 8:10pm. Flight is further delayed. Reason scheduled flight crew cannot exceed 14 consecutive hrs of flight time. Aircraft is de-boarded and passengers must wait for a new aircraft and flight crew. No updates. At 10:10pm was offered a small box of refreshments. Contents: 1 cold muffin and a yoghurt. At 11:00pm announcement was made. Flight is cancelled. Next flight tomorrow morning at 9:00am. No offers for a hotel or cab fare. What was stated by the ground crew "we need to clear the building as quickly as possible because the last island ferry is at midnight". This is the experience from a first time passenger of Porter airlines.

Porter Airlines customer review

Montreal-Toronto. Morning flight. The night before there had been weather related issues that disrupted the positioning of crew and equipment resulting in cancelled and delayed flights in the morning. It happens and one cannot blame an airline for that. However the ground communication was not good. Porter has a problem in providing updates at the best of times. Although I received an email I was already at the airport when it arrived. I noted that the flight crew was at the gate and one of the additional delays was due to there not being a flight plan issued for the already delayed flight. I am usually a big fan of Porter's inflight service but the service on this flight was poor. All I wanted was a glass of water. The FAs forgot our row and the one behind us. Minor issue but when added to the flight delay and poor management of the situation it put me into a grumpy mood. It was my worst Porter flight experience. Porter is the preferred commuter line for business travellers and on this day it successfully encouraged a great many to consider the alternative Air Canada service into the airport. I hope Porter improves as I do like the airline but its slipping bit by bit and will see this reflected in the loss of passengers as they return to the AC shuttle flights.