Porter Airlines

Porter Airlines customer review

First time flying Porter Chicago Midway to Quebec City via Toronto round trip. Bottom line: excellent. Arrived in Toronto and was a bit confused on how to transfer to the connection. Coming into Canada from USA one retrieves checked bag (even though checked through) and goes through Canadian customs. Once through customers one takes it upstairs to connecting flight bag transfer where it is scanned and sent on its way to the connecting flight. On the return to the USA this step is not necessary since USA passport control and customs is done at the USA destination airport in my case Midway in Chicago - which was very fast. I echo the comments of others pleased with on board services. The only thing that would make Porter even better from my point of view would be to add on board wi-fi. One additional suggestion I would add is to always check in at the Porter service desk once you get in your lounge (they have a USA bound lounge and a domestic Canadian destination lounge). For web check in travelers which I was one there is an added security step that they need to do. I had thought this was done in Quebec city but apparently they had missed that. In any case my first trip with Porter certainly won't be my last.

Porter Airlines customer review

A disappointing first Porter experience. Ready to take airport shuttle from Guelph to Toronto at 10 am when we happened to check our email at 9.15 am and found an email sent at 9.02 am saying flight cancelled and if we wanted to take a later flight we had to go to web check in. Tried to go to web check in but only one of two of our reserved seats showed up and there were no two available seats next to each other and web check in would not let us proceed to next screen. Had to call Porter and was told two seats beside each other weren't available and to speak to FA when boarding. Refunded both seat reservation fees but not willing to compensate in any other way. Told that flight was cancelled because of a maintenance issue. Enough to make a suspicious person suspicious - trying to consolidate flights? Won't fly Porter again.

Porter Airlines customer review

First time flying Porter from Newark to Quebec City. My originally booked flight was cancelled and I was moved to an earlier flight. Luckily I was still able to get to Newark in time for my flight. I was slightly concerned about the time between flights but border control and customs was very quick even with having to retrieve my checked bag. My second flight was a little delayed but less than an hour. Staff was great seats were fine food was decent and beverages were served in glass! I would fly Porter again.

Porter Airlines customer review

Washington (IAD) - Toronto City (YTZ). Had a pretty good flight on my first flight with Porter. Friendly service throughout from boarding to leaving the aircraft. Really comfortable leather seats (2x2 configuration) and enough leg room. Served snacks (almonds or crisps) with drink (water or alcohol). Enjoyed the real glass provided and inflight magazine was printed on quality paper (small details make the difference after all). Flight took off on time arrived 5 minutes early. Had to take the ferry/bus to reach downtown - but was provided and very convenient. No Inflight entertainment however.

Porter Airlines customer review

Washington Dulles-Toronto return. The pros are many: no fee baggage check (result: faster trip through security and time to gate faster boarding as fewer passengers try to stow oversized bags onboard) friendly flight crew and free inflight beverages (including wine or beer) served in glasses. Comfortable leather seats arrival in downtown Toronto at smaller airport (result: quick trip through border patrol quick retrieval of checked bags and quick trip to downtown (on free shuttle bus provided by Porter). Business class style lounge at Toronto airport with free beverages and light snacks (result: again you are treated like you matter). No real cons to speak of on this trip. On-time flights with all of the above.

Porter Airlines customer review

Washington Dulles to Toronto. Had made online seat selection. Seat confirmed at check-in and issued boarding pass. Then boarding pass checked at gate again. Went to seat and found another passenger who had same seat issued. Flight attendant was not very pleasant and had us wait while she boarded other passengers. Fortunately another seat was available. How can 3 different seat checks miss a double seat booking?

Porter Airlines customer review

Toronto to Halifax. Service was great flight attendants friendly and cheerful. Little touches like free water tea coffee or juice were great. Free beverages and meals are good and finally the price was also great.

Porter Airlines customer review

Return trip from Newark to Toronto. This was our fourth flight in as many weeks on Porter and we are both VIP Porter members. Booked on the 6.15 but our business in NYC finished earlier than expected we arrived at Newark to get on the earlier 4pm flight. We were then told we had to wait over 3 hours as we had booked firm fare. We sat for 3 hours and watched the half empty 4pm leave before boarding our nearly full 6.15.

Porter Airlines customer review

All employees gave an excellent service. Very comfortable hassle free departure lounge with free snacks and Internet access. This level of service transferred to the flight also Toronto to Boston with a personable crew comfortable leather seats and again a free tasty lunch and wine in real glasses. I just wish that we had a comparable airline here in the UK.

Porter Airlines customer review

Toronto to Boston return. A problem with booking was solved extremely quickly via email. Their lounge in Toronto was excellent for an economy-class ticket (free wifi snacks and coffee). As an added plus there was a free seat next to me on both legs. Above all that cheaper than Air Canada and American Airlines.