Porter Airlines

"I would like to get a refund"

Trip Verified | I sit and wait on the phone for about an hour and a half to receive a refund and no one bothers to pick up. I understand there was an ice storm and that the airline was not able to fly us (Sunday April 15th - Toronto to Montreal). But if you keep canceling and rescheduling flights for two days later, giving a credit does not seem appropriate. I would like to get a refund. I had to take the train to make it to Montreal, at my cost, and I do not wish to have a credit with Porter and run the risk of this happening again during my next booking. If only customer service offered a person to listen and help at the end of an hour and a half wait, I would not have written this review.
RouteMontreal to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Porter offered no support"

Trip Verified | Boston to Toronto. I had broken my foot while in Boston and needed to get home so I could get casted in hopes to avoid surgery. There was a storm in Toronto (obviously not Porters fault,) so the my cancelled our flight and rescheduled us on another flight three days later! After 5 hours on hold to book an earlier flight I was told there was nothing they could do and that they couldn’t give me any feedback whether or not to go wait at the airport. When we got to the airport my husband and I were booked on different return flights that day- which was fantastic. But I was appalled when I got on my flight (first one out so I could go to emergency) and saw 2 free seats on the plane. We were missing work, spending $300 a night on hotels, I was in severe pain and unable to walk- and Porter offered no support while having open seats on a flight. I’ve had negative experiences with Porter before but this cinched it- I will never fly Porter again.
RouteBoston to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2018

"flight could get cancelled"

Trip Verified | Quebec to Washington D.C. Beware: 30 minutes before boarding your flight it could get cancelled. Then they can't put you on a different flight until 4 days later because they are such a small airline and have no partners. What's worse is that no one can get you a refund, even after you've waited an hour and 37 minutes on the support line. When asked about a direct extension to call into (because they said they couldn't refund you since you didn't book directly with them) they have none. When asked about an email to use, they said they only have an "online form" which, if you read it, is for "Compliments, suggestions and complaints". Absolutely amazing. My point is, yes, this was a very unique experience, but as an airline based in Canada where the weather is often snowy and knowing their planes are smaller than the normal commercial crafts, you would think they would hire more people to give you support at the very least? When to fly with Porter: If you have all the $$ and spare days in world and don't mind just having your entire travel plans twisted at their pleasure. When not to fly with Porter: If you are a normal person and would rather not spend twice the amount to return home. Their actual flight experience is average. Nothing different form a major airline. They entice you with free drinks/snacks, but its your average things. Nothing worth spending time stressed out about making it home, booking last minute travels, and spending 12 hours on the road.
RouteQuebec to Washington D.C
Date FlownApril 2018

"last 5 flights have been delayed"

Trip Verified | Newark to Toronto City. You'd think being right downtown would save you some time, it won't. This airline seriously lacks organization, as my last 5 flights have been delayed by 2 hours or more. Finally have learned my lesson and will never fly with these guys again. Pay the extra money, head to Pearson.
Date FlownApril 2018

"do not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Newark to Toronto. I received an email that our original flight time from Newark to Toronto was cancelled and rescheduled but when we went to check in, the woman asked us if we wanted to take an earlier flight out. Frustrated with the cancellation we gladly agreed, only to go through security, check our bags, sit on the actual plane, to be told to get off the plane as only I had been moved to the earlier flight while my friend was not. After getting our carry on back, we were lectured by the airline attendant that this was our miscommunication. Due to this, my friend and I doubted that our luggage would be placed back on our original plane and not lost. I do not recommend this airline what so ever.
RouteNewark to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"This airline is so unorganized"

Trip Verified | Due to fly Porter Airlines from Newark to Toronto City. This airline is so unorganized. My friend and I were told we were moved to an earlier flight, got checked through the gate only to be told by the flight attendant that only one of us was moved to the earlier flight. I was rudely told to leave the plane, and after asking for an explanation I was confronted by one of the Porter Airline employees who continued to tell me the whole thing was my misunderstanding and mistake. Now we are waiting on our original flight and had to make sure our luggage wasn’t being sent on the earlier flight without us. Not a good experience at all.
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"they just can't get it together"

Trip Verified | Flew Toronto to Chicago. I want to like Porter because having a flight from the downtown island airport seems so convenient. But they just can't get it together. I've never had an on time flight, and this is the third Porter flight that has been cancelled outright. It was also canceled at a time when there is no option but to take a much later flight.
RouteToronto to Chicago
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"can't count on arriving on-time "

Trip Verified | Newark to Toronto City. I'm not sure why this airline bothers with flight times. They should just tell you to show up sometime within a few hours of your flight. I have flown with them numerous times and they have never been delayed less than an hour, and up to 5 hours, or cancelled and rebooked. It's ridiculous. What good is a good price if you can't count on arriving any time close to the scheduled time?

"great pleasure to fly"

Trip Verified | Thunder Bay to Timmins via Toronto. Today I had the great pleasure to fly for the first time on efficient and friendly Porter Airlines . It is primarily a Canadian Regional based out of Toronto. I am presently a Delta (Skyteam) Diamond and United/Lufthansa (1K). I was 100% satisfied and will be flying Porter whenever I get a chance. I had a choice to fly Air Canada, and could have accumulated more Star Alliance miles/points and chose this little giant killer. Congratulations and thanks for the safe and professional flights.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteThunder Bay to Timmins via Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"No communication from Porter"

Trip Verified | Booked to fly St. John's to Toronto. Delayed 6 hours before cancelling. Delayed on rebooked flight, over an hour sitting in plane waiting for paper work. After initial delay because flight crew wasn't here. Porter refused to give anyone hotel vouchers or dinner vouchers. Some people have missed multiple connecting flights. No communication from Porter.
RouteSt. John's to Toronto