Top 100 Airlines

Porter Airlines

"the most courteous service"

Newark to Montreal via Toronto. I was thoroughly impressed with the most courteous service I have ever experienced on any airline. In particular, one stewardess went out of her way to assist me, since I am an older traveler and somewhat physically challenged. Another point worth mentioning: the rest areas, particularly in Toronto at Billy Bishop Airport, set a new standard for the industry. Kudos to you all!
RouteEWR to YUL via YTZ
Date FlownJune 2016

"crew professional and courteous"

Sault Ste Marie to Toronto via Montreal. Amazing service, flight on time, the cabin crew was professional and courteous. The snack and beverage was great. I don't drink alchool but they do offer a free cocktail. I forgot my iPad on the plane and Porter contacted me by phone and email to re-assure me that it was safe. I had not even noticed that I forgot it. The only thing missing was entertainment - but the flight was short. We will be flying Porter whenever we can.
RouteYAM to YUL via YTZ
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cancelled flight on a sunny day"

Verified Review | After a 90 min delay, Porter cancelled a mid-afternoon flight on a sunny day from St. John's to Ottawa. Staff were extremely unhelpful and told us to call customer service and left. Tried to call, was on hold for nearly 30 min and then disconnected. Left the secure area and went back to Porter desk where I was told no available flights to Ottawa for at least 3 days. They did not provide hotel either and told me their partner sites were full and to find my own hotel and would be reimbursed. They provided one $15 food voucher to be used in airport only - pathetic customer service. I'm currently out over $400 thanks to Porter. I bought a ticket on WestJet and flew me the following day. I have contacted Porter three times now (by email) and have yet to hear back - it's been over 10 days now. Will never fly with them again.
RouteYYT to YOW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"extremely helpful and compassionate"

On August 1st, 2016 my parents flew from Halifax to Toronto, on their way to Toronto for tests and assessments for my father to prepare for a double lung transplant. News of his diagnosis was shocking to our family as he was always healthy and a non-smoker. Even more overwelming was the fact that they would have to travel to Toronto for assessments and possible transplant. My parents haven't travelled much so as my brother and I watched them leave through security in Halifax we were naturally worried. My dad uses a wheelchair and portable oxygen tank; that would have to be adjusted on the plane to account for the altitude. All of those worries quickly dissipated when we received a text saying they had landed in Ottawa (stopover but staying on the same plane) and the flight crew was extremely helpful and compassionate. Upon arriving in Toronto they were met by Porter guest services and not only were they helped off the plane but a representative helped my parents gather their luggage and get them to a cab. Knowing that someone watched over them as they made this first trip was very nice for our family. I can't thank those people enough that their gesture really made this emotionally difficult trip just a bit easier. Thank you again. I will be telling friends about the experience they received yesterday and flying Porter myself.
RouteYHZ to YYZ
Date FlownAugust 2016

"convenience factor does not exist anymore"

Toronto to Ottawa with Porter - I fly frequently on this route and my running average is delays 75% of the time. The convenience factor does not exist anymore if you are wasting time waiting for a delayed flight most of the time. Moreover you have to pay extra to change flights if you want to get where you were going on time. Don't even bother talking to the service reps at Billy Bishop airport.
RouteYYZ to YOW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"convenience has lost its value."

Toronto City to Newark with Porter. This is the fourth time I have flown with Porter and it's probably going to be the last. So far every trip with them the flight has been delayed. How an airline flying short regional routes on a sunny day can have 45 minute flights delayed by over an hour is beyond me. The Toronto hub is convenient but if you have to sit there until your flight should have landed in New York then any convenience has lost its value. That and having to pay to check a relatively small bag is a final nail in the coffin.
RouteYTZ to EWR
Date FlownMay 2016

"changes to VIPorter program"

Toronto YTZ to Newark in May 2015. This is an airline that distinguished itself by its customer focus, but I believe things have changed recently. They have made terrible changes to their VIPorter program that essentially devalued points that were already earned. Their customer service dealing with a grievance is faceless and non responsive. They have made other changes as well to their unaccompanied minor policies that are frustrating. I used to be a huge fan, but no more.
RouteYTZ to EWR
Date FlownMay 2015

"friendly and helpful"

There seems to be a common complaint of delays or cancellations with Porter Airlines, but I certainly didn't see that. Flew from Ottawa to Boston via Toronto Billy Bishop and then back, and on both trips I had zero complaints. No delays, arrived on-time or a couple of minutes early. Lounge was very comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, and I couldn't really beat the price I got. 10/10, would fly again
RouteYOW to BOS to YTZ
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"astounded by her attitude"

Toronto to Thunder Bay with Porter Airlines. I caught the shuttle to Billy Bishop Airport. My flight was around 5:30 and had caught the shuttle with enough time (I thought) to make it to the airport and check in. The shuttle ran a little bit later than expected due to rush hour traffic so I was running a little late but still had time. As this was before the walk way was opened, I had to catch the ferry which was about to leave right as I arrived. Once I got to the other side where people check their bags I saw the large line and decided to do the express check in as I only had a carry on. The machine would not let me check in and gave me the "see Porter assistant" message. One happened to be walking by me to take her break and I asked her for help. She asked me what flight I was on and told me that it had began boarding and to go in the "large baggage" check line which had about 5 people in it. I did as I was told and when I finally got to the counter I explained my situation. The staff was unprofessional and had major attitude and told me that it was not fair to customers in the longer line that was wrapped around the velvet ropes beside us. I explained that my flight was about to leave and she continued with her attitude saying "that's not my problem." Working in customer service, I was astounded by her attitude. I had paid good money for this ticket and she did not care whatsoever that I was about to be stranded in the airport. At this point I was in tears. Luckily, her co worker yelled at her to check me in as my flight was about to leave. She rolled her eyes and said "fine." After she checked me in she said with attitude "have a great day." I was the last person to board my flight. I do not know what I did to make her have such an attitude with me as I would never act like that towards anyone. When I reported this to Porter Airlines, I waited two weeks for a response and only got a "we're sorry, we will have her manager talk to her. See you next time." Due to the convenient location of Billy Bishop Airport I will be flying with them again, but they seriously need to improve their customer service training and I would have appreciated more of a heart felt apology. I guess that was too much to ask.
RouteYTZ to YQT
Date FlownNovember 2015

"warn me the airport is closed"

Hopeless customer service and no notifications of flight cancellations or delays, unless you go and ask them. They gave me a ticket from Montreal to Newark via Toronto (Billy Bishop). They instead send me to Hamilton (an airport 1 hour away from Toronto) and arranged a bus from there to drop me at Toronto at 1:30am in the night, only to realize that the Toronto airport is closed till 5am. Looks like this airport is closed everyday from 11 PM to 5 AM. I did not have anywhere to go and spent the night in the cold in cafes. Nowhere I have seen this kind of treatment by an airline. They don't have the minimum decency to warn me that the airport is closed.
RouteEWR to YUL via YTZ