Porter Airlines

"also delayed by 2 hours three days earlier"

Verified Review | I was flying from Halifax to Toronto on Monday morning. Just 15 minutes before the departure there was an announcement that the flight was delayed by one hour due to maintenance issues followed by another announcement 10 minutes later that the flight has been further delayed by 6 hours. I had a very important meeting which obviously I had to miss. The flight was also delayed by 2 hours three days earlier when I was travelling from Toronto to Halifax. I have hardly travelled with this airlines and in both my experiences, the flight was delayed at the last moment. It is better to go with other airlines if you can't afford the delays.
RouteHalifax to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2017

"This is not good enough Porter"

Verified Review | I fly from Windsor to Ottawa regularly and have been totally disappointed with the service recently. It's getting worse. My "direct" flight from Windsor to Ottawa once again failed to happen we were deboarded in Toronto once again and expected to wait, no explanation. This is not good enough Porter. You need to get your act together or you will be losing another regular customer
RouteWindsor to Ottawa
Date FlownJuly 2017

"my flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | Toronto to Sault Ste. Marie. I received an email saying my flight was cancelled and I was rebooked on the next available flight for the next day. The problem was it was not the next flight which would have been the same day. I needed to get home that same day and was forced to book on Air Canada at a last minute rate of 4 times the amount that I had paid for Porter's flight home. I filed a complaint and had to wait almost 4 weeks for a reply. They basically told me too bad and that I should have taken out trip cancellation insurance. My advice is don't be fooled by Porter's sale prices. If you can afford delays or cancellations the go for it, if not then book another airline.
RouteToronto to Sault Ste. Marie
Date FlownJune 2017

"poor service received today"

Verified Review | Extremely poor service received today. Flight was delayed (it happens) and we asked to board an earlier flight and were told we would have to wait until boarding complete. There were three seats left and the gate agent took 2 people on the same original flight we were on in front of us. He turned to us and said they needed to go ahead of us. Never did they ask why we had to get back on time, just made the call on his own. First and last time for us. We waited beside the counter not knowing we weren't getting on. Same staff that had talked to us talking, we asked if there's was still room and were told the flight has left. Not even the courtesy to let us know.
RouteBoston to Toronto

"delayed due to weather"

Verified Review | The staff are good enough, but with small planes they are often delayed due to weather. On my flight Toronto to Newark I was delayed 6 hours on the way there. The flight was cancelled on the way back, and we had to come back the next day at 6.55am after waiting more than 6 hours at the airport. The novelty of the free lounge wears off pretty quickly if you have to be there for an extended period of time. Also, the time and money saved on the journey to Billy Bishop is not worth the risk of my flight being delayed. Another big disadvantage is that there is no US immigration/customs at Billy Bishop. That adds extra time to your trip because you have to do that in the US, which usually takes longer.
RouteToronto to Newark
Date FlownJuly 2017

"flight was delayed or canceled"

Verified Review | Flew Timmins to Montreal via Toronto. I have traveled 4 times with Porter Airlines and 3 times out of these, my flight was delayed or canceled. I would defensively not recommend Porter if you're on a tight schedule or I would recommend leaving one day earlier especially if you're going for business. This is definitely my last time traveling with Porter. The only nice thing about Porter (Toronto) it lands on the Toronto Island, in a small airport.
RouteTimmins to Montreal via Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2017

"delayed twice for my first flight"

Verified Review | Worst airline ever. I am using Porter for the first time to Ottawa from Toronto because of the good reviews. I got delayed twice for my first flight - 230pm to 530pm, then to 640pm. Got $12 reimbursement for lunch but that's it. I am only staying in Canada for 3 days and this made me wait in the airport for the whole day.
RouteToronto to Ottawa
Date FlownJuly 2017

"a very unpleasant experience"

Verified Review | We were scheduled to fly from Washington to Toronto City on June 18 at 5:15pm. Porter cancelled the flight. No reason was announced publicly, but a Porter employee said that the crew did not show up. We were re-booked on a flight the following day at 7:35pm (more than 26 hours later). This flight was delayed significantly and eventually left after 10pm, which meant that it could not land at Toronto City airport (which has an 11pm curfew). So it landed at Hamilton, and Porter bused us to Toronto. We arrived at about 1:15am on June 20, more than 30 hours after our scheduled arrival time. The "travel disruption" was the worst I have experienced in 40 years of flying. Porter seemed to regard the cancellation as a routine event, although they were incompetent in handling it. They provided no information about the cancellation by email or text message, contrary to their claim that they will do so. No Porter agent was at the gate at the scheduled departure time of the cancelled flight. They also refused to book us on another airline, although seats were available. They were also very disorganized. Initially, they handed out vouchers for a Hyatt hotel near the Dulles airport, but the hotel refused to accept the vouchers, and people who went to it had to come back. Evidently the Porter employees didn't know the hotels with which Porter has a contract! They then collected those vouchers and eventually issued new ones for a hotel much further away, without a restaurant and not within walking distance of any restaurant or food store. During the flight that ultimately landed at Hamilton on June 19, the flight attendant claimed not to know where the plane would land. She announced that we would land at an airport other than Toronto, and gave out information for landings at Toronto Pearson and Hamilton; she issued only a very perfunctory apology for the re-routing and got angry when passengers complained. Overall, a very unpleasant experience.
AircraftQ400
RouteWashington to Toronto City
Date FlownJune 2017

"Once a great airline"

Verified Review | Halifax to Ottawa. Once a great airline, now just like the rest. We experienced issues with Porter amending seats (which we had paid for) without telling us, and then showing up to be found that we had been shoved to the back of the Aircraft on a window seat (don't like window seats). Funds were eventually reimbursed, but they changed our seats again for the flight home and would not let me have an aisle seat, because I had paid extra to bring a dog. The Call Centre that is customer "support", did nothing other than to worsen the experience by telling me that I had to go fill out a form if I was unhappy, as apposed to passing that frustration up through their chain. The service once a the airport was marginal, however, the flight crew were brilliant - the last hope for this airline to be successful as they continue to expand. I, however, will never be found on another Porter flight.
RouteHalifax to Ottawa
Date FlownJuly 2017

"evidentially overwhelmed by the situation"

(Dominican Republic)

Verified Review | A flight from Boston to Montreal should never require two days. I was supposed to fly from Boston to Montreal via Toronto (PD946/493) on June 30, 2017. However, my last leg from Toronto to Montreal was canceled. I would even say "canceled in a mean way" : the flight was already delayed, it was finally time to board, and then they provided an argument for cancelation citing some problems earlier this day. You can imagine the mood of about 75 passengers lining up to be handled and rerouted by only 3 people of Porter. Just do the calculation: let’s say 50 units of people times 10 minutes each divided by 3, that is a long waiting time when you are upset and tired. My turn finally came at around midnight. Airline staff were evidentially overwhelmed by the situation and not at all cooperative. First, they only wanted to reimburse the lost flight or book you on another flight two days later. These were the only two alternatives, nobody talked about taking charge of food, lodging or other expenses, which occur during such a situation. Fortunately, I had the luck to talk with our corporate travel agent during my waiting time, who consulted me not to accept any reimbursement and push for other alternatives. Furthermore, she informed me that Porter Airlines had empty seats on Saturday. Confronted with this statement of open seats the next day, my counterpart from Porter simply stated that they were for paying customers and not available to us. Also, they were unwilling to put me on another airline. So, I eventually accepted a flight on July 2, i.e. 2 days later, and they actually had to offer me to take charge of the hotel, which I had to look for myself. But, I was advised that all other expenses are on my account. Let’s make a long story short. Instead of getting to Montreal in some hours, I will hopefully arrive within 2 days. This all is quite upsetting, but what upsets me most is the uncooperative attitude of Porter’s staff. Personnel did not show any empathy or concern for their passengers in this situation, even worse, they did not even try to support or accommodate its passengers during this mishap. =
AircraftQ400