Pobeda Airlines

"over-met all my expectations"

Verified Review | I have had many experiences commuting between Germany and Russia for the past 20 years. Yesterday I finally made my maiden flight with Pobeda Airlines. I purchased most of the options offered by Pobeda such as XL legroom (Row 15), Priority Boarding, Cabin Baggage etc. The final price with all the Extras incl. Credit Card charges was about 14.000 RUB or 240 EUR within less than 24 hours prior to departure which is quite close to the cheapest Aeroflot Y-class fare if booked one week in advance. (The next day flight for the same route was about 4.000 RUB / less than 100 EUR by the way!) in general, Pobeda met and even over-met all my expectations. Booking was easy and less time consuming than most of the airlines I have traveled before, Check-in agent (AHS) provided fairly good service (three counters open), Gate D40 (terminal position, bridged) dedicated to DP at CGN airport is right in the middle of T2 with two integrated immigration control counters. One minus - gate is a bit small to accommodate 189 PAX with no snack / beverage service or vendor machine. I purchased optional Priority Boarding in advanced, but finally decided to board with last passengers (189 in total, 100% load factor) in order to check capacity of the overhead bins to accommodate all the hand luggage - surprisingly there were more than enough space for all 189 passengers personal belongings. Inflight crew did really an excellent job to get all the passengers satisfied. All four girls served all three hours of flight time long with no interruption providing water, helping passenger with infants, etc. Seats are slim and very comfortable. I used to travel Aeroflot business class for the past 7 years, and my impression was that my Pobeda XL seat at Row 15 provided slightly more space that Aeroflot's business class. Deboarding at VKO was really fast over the front and rear doors. All in all - I would definitely recommend Pobeda to all my friends/colleagues.
RouteCGN to VKO
Date FlownApril 2017

"very good low-cost airline"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Cheboksary with Pobeda Airlines. The price was around £50 return ticket + £25 for an extra hand luggage. Pobeda's website was excellent for booking tickets, and what I liked was that all fees and charges were communicated in a very clear and user-friendly way. Check-in at Moscow VKO was done effectively, in a friendly manner. At Cheboksary the check-in was a bit messy, as airport was very small, though still fast and friendly. The planes on both legs were new Boeing 737-800's. Although seats did not recline, legroom was fine. No food was served during flights, but FA offered water at any call. Staff was all about speed and efficiency and were very good at it. All in all, a very good low-cost airline.
RouteMoscow to Cheboksary