Pobeda Airlines

"worst experience possible"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Milan. I am used flying low cost companies in Europe and Asia, but had the worst experience possible with Pobeda. I had a small backpack only with my headphone, a computer and a jacket and it could not fit in the cabin baggage size. I was forced to pay for my backpack, but after this, they did not checked in my bag because they were out of time!! So I paid to take the bag with me. The staff is unfriendly and can not speak English, even for the World Cup. I will never fly this company again.
RouteMoscow to Milan
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never flown one as bad as this"

Trip Verified | Samara to Moscow. I've flown a lot of budget airlines in my life, but I've never flown one as bad as this. At check-in we were told to put our cabin bag into a metal container to see whether it fit the cabin bag policy. It did, fantastic. Not our first time on a budget airline as we made sure ours was compliant. But then the our check-in person tried to close a lid on our bag! At first we were a bit confused, then we we realised that our Ryanair/Easyjet/Air Asia cabin sized bag had to fit into this tiny box (I've attached some pictures) which I honestly doubt a standard sized knapsack could fit into. We then realised we weren't alone in complaining about this. The staff were unsurprisingly unhelpful and told us it was in the T&C's. After much scrolling, we found it and by the way, it's not obvious. The only suggestion was the stated dimensions of the hand luggage which gave it way. Hence, we and essentially 95% of the flight had to march to the office on another floor to purchase check-in luggage allowance. If you want to limit cabin luggage to tiny dimensions, make it explicit so consumers can make an informed choice. Fellow travellers, don't make my mistake.
RouteSamara to Moscow
Date FlownJuly 2018

"an unfriendly airline"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | . Flying from Moscow to St.Petersburg on May 7th. My first Pobeda experience, but flying regularly with EasyJet, Ryanair and WizzAir. Compare to those Pobeda seems to be a bit too much low cost (in terms of service). The boarding started on time and then waiting 30 min in the bus (not a nice experience at 6 am). Seats do not have even any seat pocket so you have to keep your newspapers (or anything else) on your knees. I felt that except of the compulsory safety procedure the main purpose of the cabin crew is to make sure no one is asking for anything. Absolutely no service offered and no presence in the cabin during the flight. Price not that attractive given the service. Flight was on time. Overall, an unfriendly airline.
RouteMoscow Vnukovo to St.Petersburg
Date FlownMay 2018

"judgment is more than awful"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Moscow Vnukovo to Milano Bergamo. I flew with Pobeda today. I bought an access to business lounge at Vnukovo Airport and this lounge was not existing (or nobody at the airport know something about it). Priority boarding was not called and a great confusion was generated at the boarding desk. The inflight experience was less than a standard low cost, the cabin was dirty and the seat doesn't have any pocket to stow a book. A terrible experience, in the end my final judgment is more than awful.
RouteMoscow Vnukovo to Milano Bergamo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"worst airline I flew"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Sochi. This is the worst airline I flew! It is hard to buy a ticket without making a mistake. They offer you a different day. You have to be careful before confirming a ticket. You have to pay extra even if you carry notebook. Not possible to call them for free.
RouteMoscow to Sochi
Date FlownJune 2017

"over-met all my expectations"

Verified Review | I have had many experiences commuting between Germany and Russia for the past 20 years. Yesterday I finally made my maiden flight with Pobeda Airlines. I purchased most of the options offered by Pobeda such as XL legroom (Row 15), Priority Boarding, Cabin Baggage etc. The final price with all the Extras incl. Credit Card charges was about 14.000 RUB or 240 EUR within less than 24 hours prior to departure which is quite close to the cheapest Aeroflot Y-class fare if booked one week in advance. (The next day flight for the same route was about 4.000 RUB / less than 100 EUR by the way!) in general, Pobeda met and even over-met all my expectations. Booking was easy and less time consuming than most of the airlines I have traveled before, Check-in agent (AHS) provided fairly good service (three counters open), Gate D40 (terminal position, bridged) dedicated to DP at CGN airport is right in the middle of T2 with two integrated immigration control counters. One minus - gate is a bit small to accommodate 189 PAX with no snack / beverage service or vendor machine. I purchased optional Priority Boarding in advanced, but finally decided to board with last passengers (189 in total, 100% load factor) in order to check capacity of the overhead bins to accommodate all the hand luggage - surprisingly there were more than enough space for all 189 passengers personal belongings. Inflight crew did really an excellent job to get all the passengers satisfied. All four girls served all three hours of flight time long with no interruption providing water, helping passenger with infants, etc. Seats are slim and very comfortable. I used to travel Aeroflot business class for the past 7 years, and my impression was that my Pobeda XL seat at Row 15 provided slightly more space that Aeroflot's business class. Deboarding at VKO was really fast over the front and rear doors. All in all - I would definitely recommend Pobeda to all my friends/colleagues.
RouteCGN to VKO
Date FlownApril 2017

"very good low-cost airline"

(Russian Federation)

Verified Review | Moscow to Cheboksary with Pobeda Airlines. The price was around £50 return ticket + £25 for an extra hand luggage. Pobeda's website was excellent for booking tickets, and what I liked was that all fees and charges were communicated in a very clear and user-friendly way. Check-in at Moscow VKO was done effectively, in a friendly manner. At Cheboksary the check-in was a bit messy, as airport was very small, though still fast and friendly. The planes on both legs were new Boeing 737-800's. Although seats did not recline, legroom was fine. No food was served during flights, but FA offered water at any call. Staff was all about speed and efficiency and were very good at it. All in all, a very good low-cost airline.
RouteMoscow to Cheboksary