Top 100 Airlines

Pakistan Intl Airlines

"its cheaper than counterparts"

Flight from London Heathrow to Karachi. Ground service lady was very pleasant. Flight was cheap, much cheaper than counterparts, however quality was considerably worse than previous flights taken to Pakistan. (Emirates etc.) Flight got us safely, and on time, however entertainment systems did not work, no blankets or pillows, and staff were not very interested. Dinner was good, but breakfast was quite shabby, just a moist muffin and sandwich. Overall flight was OK, IFE was broken, and no blankets / pillows given (keep in mind this was a night flight). If you book an international flight with PIA, and its cheaper than counterparts, and you don't mind IE being broken, then PIA will be just fine.
Date FlownDecember 2015

"staff not interested"

Manchester to Islamabad with Pakistan Intl. Very poor service. No pillows. No blankets. No inflight entertainment system. Rubbish food. Staff not interested in passengers. Staff just standing in galley, curtains drawn talking between themselves. In my opinion this airline is the worst in the world.
RouteMAN to ISB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"shabby quality of service"

Verified Review | Manchester to Bahawalpur via Islamabad with Pakistan Intl Airlines. The airplane seemed old and in need of a good clean. The PTVs did not work on any flight. Food was of a very poor quality. The plane was short of pillows and blankets. When we were due to return, our flight from Bahawalpur to Islamabad was cancelled. We were to catch the return flight from Islamabad to Manchester and were very worried about missing it. No advice from staff at the airport. Next day we went to the PIA office and confirmed our resheduled flight from Bhawalpur to Islamabad the next day. We were allowed to board the plane but the flight was eventually cancelled. With very little time left for us to reach Islamabad we had to hire a taxi to get there by road. We just managed to get on the plane in time. Very angry and upset at the attitude and shabby quality of service. No appologies so far from PIA. We have to use PIA because there is hardly any competition.
RouteMAN to BHV via ISB
Date FlownAugust 2016

"crew could not have been friendlier"

Manchester to New York JFK with Pakistan Intl Airlines. Was a little skeptical but pleasantly surprised. Flight PK 721 left an hour late due to extra security, which I didn't mind at all as safety should be their #1 priority. IFE was a little difficult to use, but I finally figured it out about an hour into the flight. Food was delicious, and cabin crew could not have been any friendlier. My only complaint is the cabin. It looks old and a little worn. All in all, this was a great flight and a great value. I will certainly fly PIA again.
RouteMAN to JFK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"stuck with the boring flight displays"

Verified Review | I flew from London to Karachi on 24 July and was glad to see televisions on the plane with stats and maps being displayed however after takeoff when I asked a member of the crew, 'when will the TV system start?' they were happily saying with a smile on their face that it may not be possible to get the inflight entertainment system working. What is the point of having TV's when you cant watch movies, play games, etc. So I was stuck with the boring flight displays throughout the 7h 15m flight, At take off, I was taking pictures using my iPad and one of the flight attendants said across the plane, 'can you put it away?' I replied, 'its on flight mode'. Then she loudly shouted 'I am talking to you.' I was very offended by the attitude of the flight attendant however the other flight attendants spoke calmly to the passengers. A few hours after take off, the lights were dimmed but all of the overhead reading lights were not working so when I complained, the crew put the moonlighting on. Also, throughout the flight, drinks were not served except from once with the food and once when the flight attendant served water. On other airlines, flight attendants serve drinks regularly throughout a long flight. On the whole the ticket price was good however the airline seriously needs to realize that the passengers will not be willing to fly with them unless they improve the IFE and the service.
Date FlownJuly 2016

"comfortable seating, good crew"

Manchester to New York JFK with Pakistan Int'l Airlines. Pros - comfortable seating, good crew in general, tasty cuisine, attentive drinks service. Cons - no inflight entertainment for long haul, crew sometimes pushy and slightly older aircraft in need of refurbishment. My story began with a cancelled Delta flight. I was journeying from the UK to the USA for leisure and so had my hotel pre booked. Upon hearing the news of the cancellation, I was also informed of the alternative - an identical flight operated by PIA that would get me to New York for the same time. Upon boarding the aircraft, I was given a complimentary cup of water to settle me down. I quickly realised that 90% of the inflight entertainment systems were completely broken - of course my seat being a defective system. A disappointment, but at least I was on my way. We took of at 13:00 UK time. The seats were surprisingly comfortable with pillows to rest. This allowed me to get some shut-eye, but I did feel as though a sleeping environment was imposed upon us. The crew came to each row and requested that we close our windows. Then, a sort of night sky lighting effect was activated in the cabin. This was one of the strangest requests from cabin crew I had ever received. This did not help me to combat the effects of jet lag, having said it was about midday in New York City at the time. The food service was clearly orientated towards the Pakistani cuisine - which was delicious. I am partial to spicy foods however, but I must say that the meal was very enjoyable. But if curried foods are not your cup of tea, you should bring appropriate foods on board. The second sandwich service was slightly disappointing, with soggy sandwiches and salad. However, specific dietary requirements were not well met. If you are vegetarian, vegan or otherwise, good luck getting food on a PIA flight. Drinks flowed throughout the flight, with regular refreshment 'top-ups' to keep us sane. In general, the cabin crew staff were very helpful, with only a slight language barrier to overcome. Some of the requests were slightly strange and blunt at times, for example, when the gentleman next to myself was stubbornly 'placed' into his seat whilst trying to access the above head lockers. The lack of inflight entertainment was definitely the greatest downfall of the experience. Whether it was due to the clearly aged fleet of PIA aircraft, or the lack of funding or time to replace, PIA really needs to have some form of long haul entertainment for their aircraft. This diminished my overall opinion of the flight, but at least the airline was accommodating to the twenty plus Delta passengers who found themselves stranded at Manchester Airport. PIA is a friendly airline, which could benefit from modernisation and the ability to cater to wider ranges of passenger requirements. If you find yourself in a similar position, or simply wish to investigate PIA, don't worry - PIA will get you to your destination safely, and you will be welcomed aboard. But don't expect the best in terms of service - whilst you will be fed and watered, PIA feels about ten years behind the times.
RouteMAN to JFK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"all TVs were not working"

I have taken this route from Toronto to Karachi many times with Etihad and Emirates. Unfortunately I flew with Pakistan Intl Airlines this time. The most annoying thing is that all TVs on the plane were not working, both times. Hard to pass 13 hours with no entertainment. The food they served on the way to Karachi was awful so on the way back I made sure that I took food onboard with me. Since it's a direct flight, it was full of crying kids, so be prepared for a terrible headache. There is one good thing about this airline - the crew, who were really friendly.
RouteYYZ to KHI
Date FlownMarch 2016

"had to ask for pillows"

PIA from London to Karachi. Ground crew was nice at Heathrow with a very pleasant attitude. Our flight was on time, however the boarding process was a bit hectic. Aircraft was a repainted Vietnam Airlines Boeing 777, but all the IFE was Vietnam Airlines and all they had were sub-par airplane games. No headphones were given out. Staff were okay, some nicer than others. Food was good - dinner an 8/10 and breakfast, although simple, was a 7/10. Drinks were handed out before dimming, but cabin was not dimmed until 1am - should have dimmed by 11. Blankets were given out but you had to ask for pillows, which meant that I had a poor sleep. No WiFi onboard. I would fly again if it was much cheaper than competitors.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seats were comfortable"

(Saudi Arabia)

From Lahore to Karachi on a leased A330-300. Pushback was almost 45 minutes late. After push back there was a fault in one of its engine so they started working on it without disembarking the passengers so we had to sit in plane for next 45 minutes for no reason. On landing at Karachi I requested for wheelchair so they called an ambulator which came after 30 minutes after the whole aircraft had disembarked. After that we had almost 6 hours connection time between both flights, so PIA arranged for our dinner at airport. From Karachi to Riyadh it was Boeing 777, this flight was ontime, seats were comfortable with good legroom but had outdated IFE.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777
RouteLHE to RUH via KHI
Date FlownAugust 2015

"the crew helped a lot"

(Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh to Lahore. Flight was on time, with separate check-in ters for business class . We used the Business Class lounge, but no announcements were made or heard in this lounge regarding boarding of our flight. The cabin crew were very friendly, 1 escorted us to our seats and helped us settle in. I am handicap so the crew helped a lot with embarking and disembarking the plane. Meal was very good with plenty of variety and options. Semi (angled) lie flat seats and an outdated IFE system.
RouteRUH to LHE