Top 100 Airports

Pakistan Intl Airlines

"comfortable seating, good crew"

Manchester to New York JFK with Pakistan Int'l Airlines. Pros - comfortable seating, good crew in general, tasty cuisine, attentive drinks service. Cons - no inflight entertainment for long haul, crew sometimes pushy and slightly older aircraft in need of refurbishment. My story began with a cancelled Delta flight. I was journeying from the UK to the USA for leisure and so had my hotel pre booked. Upon hearing the news of the cancellation, I was also informed of the alternative - an identical flight operated by PIA that would get me to New York for the same time. Upon boarding the aircraft, I was given a complimentary cup of water to settle me down. I quickly realised that 90% of the inflight entertainment systems were completely broken - of course my seat being a defective system. A disappointment, but at least I was on my way. We took of at 13:00 UK time. The seats were surprisingly comfortable with pillows to rest. This allowed me to get some shut-eye, but I did feel as though a sleeping environment was imposed upon us. The crew came to each row and requested that we close our windows. Then, a sort of night sky lighting effect was activated in the cabin. This was one of the strangest requests from cabin crew I had ever received. This did not help me to combat the effects of jet lag, having said it was about midday in New York City at the time. The food service was clearly orientated towards the Pakistani cuisine - which was delicious. I am partial to spicy foods however, but I must say that the meal was very enjoyable. But if curried foods are not your cup of tea, you should bring appropriate foods on board. The second sandwich service was slightly disappointing, with soggy sandwiches and salad. However, specific dietary requirements were not well met. If you are vegetarian, vegan or otherwise, good luck getting food on a PIA flight. Drinks flowed throughout the flight, with regular refreshment 'top-ups' to keep us sane. In general, the cabin crew staff were very helpful, with only a slight language barrier to overcome. Some of the requests were slightly strange and blunt at times, for example, when the gentleman next to myself was stubbornly 'placed' into his seat whilst trying to access the above head lockers. The lack of inflight entertainment was definitely the greatest downfall of the experience. Whether it was due to the clearly aged fleet of PIA aircraft, or the lack of funding or time to replace, PIA really needs to have some form of long haul entertainment for their aircraft. This diminished my overall opinion of the flight, but at least the airline was accommodating to the twenty plus Delta passengers who found themselves stranded at Manchester Airport. PIA is a friendly airline, which could benefit from modernisation and the ability to cater to wider ranges of passenger requirements. If you find yourself in a similar position, or simply wish to investigate PIA, don't worry - PIA will get you to your destination safely, and you will be welcomed aboard. But don't expect the best in terms of service - whilst you will be fed and watered, PIA feels about ten years behind the times.
RouteMAN to JFK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"all TVs were not working"

I have taken this route from Toronto to Karachi many times with Etihad and Emirates. Unfortunately I flew with Pakistan Intl Airlines this time. The most annoying thing is that all TVs on the plane were not working, both times. Hard to pass 13 hours with no entertainment. The food they served on the way to Karachi was awful so on the way back I made sure that I took food onboard with me. Since it's a direct flight, it was full of crying kids, so be prepared for a terrible headache. There is one good thing about this airline - the crew, who were really friendly.
RouteYYZ to KHI
Date FlownMarch 2016

"had to ask for pillows"

PIA from London to Karachi. Ground crew was nice at Heathrow with a very pleasant attitude. Our flight was on time, however the boarding process was a bit hectic. Aircraft was a repainted Vietnam Airlines Boeing 777, but all the IFE was Vietnam Airlines and all they had were sub-par airplane games. No headphones were given out. Staff were okay, some nicer than others. Food was good - dinner an 8/10 and breakfast, although simple, was a 7/10. Drinks were handed out before dimming, but cabin was not dimmed until 1am - should have dimmed by 11. Blankets were given out but you had to ask for pillows, which meant that I had a poor sleep. No WiFi onboard. I would fly again if it was much cheaper than competitors.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteLHR to KHI
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seats were comfortable"

(Saudi Arabia)

From Lahore to Karachi on a leased A330-300. Pushback was almost 45 minutes late. After push back there was a fault in one of its engine so they started working on it without disembarking the passengers so we had to sit in plane for next 45 minutes for no reason. On landing at Karachi I requested for wheelchair so they called an ambulator which came after 30 minutes after the whole aircraft had disembarked. After that we had almost 6 hours connection time between both flights, so PIA arranged for our dinner at airport. From Karachi to Riyadh it was Boeing 777, this flight was ontime, seats were comfortable with good legroom but had outdated IFE.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777
RouteLHE to RUH via KHI
Date FlownAugust 2015

"the crew helped a lot"

(Saudi Arabia)

Riyadh to Lahore. Flight was on time, with separate check-in ters for business class . We used the Business Class lounge, but no announcements were made or heard in this lounge regarding boarding of our flight. The cabin crew were very friendly, 1 escorted us to our seats and helped us settle in. I am handicap so the crew helped a lot with embarking and disembarking the plane. Meal was very good with plenty of variety and options. Semi (angled) lie flat seats and an outdated IFE system.
RouteRUH to LHE
Date FlownAugust 2015

"overall great flight "

(Pakistan)

Flew with PIA from Islamabad to Dubai. An overall great flight for the cheap fares. Decent recliners with good legroom and fair service. CIP Lounge at Islamabad better than before. Delicious light meal served. Great value for money as it cost almost as much as its competitor's economy class!
RouteIslamabad to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2015

"can see some improvement"

Lahore to London Heathrow with Pakistan International Airlines. The ground service was okay. The Boeing 777 cabin looks old, seat comfortable, certainly not a business class flat bed but acceptable. Food was good. Fore the IFE, cabin crew handed out an iPad with plenty of channels. I was impressed with the cabin crew attitude who were polite and well mannered. Flight was on-time. I can see some improvement in PIA service.
RouteLHE to LHR
Date FlownNovember 2015

"IFE was 90% out of order"

Islamabad to London Heathrow. Arrived at the airport and passed the customary bribe trap by corrupt officials at Islamabad Airport. At check-in my baggage was a mere 2kg over the limit and was forced to pay extortionist amount for this whilst at the same time those with "connections" were getting away with excess of over 30kg! The plane was dirty. The staff were rude and refused to help vulnerable passengers. The inflight entertainment system was 90% out of order, for those screens that were working the crew failed to provide head phones. The meal was handed out with no choice, when asked the crew replied that is all we are serving. No fresh juices was available apart from the sugary fizzy drinks. Once the meal had been served, crew disappeared and no water/drinks was provided until around 2 hours before landing. It was hot in the plane and anyone needing a drink had to go and get it themselves!
RouteISB to LHR
Date FlownNovember 2015

"it was a terrible mistake"

I flew PIA from Toronto-Islamabad return in Oct 2015 and it was a terrible mistake. Aircraft was in bad shape, seats broken, 80% of IFE system was not working, food was below standard, one of the washrooms was out of order, no blankets and above all the behavior of cabin crew was terrible. I asked the crew member who was distributing headphones, why bother when entertainment system was not working? She laughed and kept on doing her business. Unfortunately, PIA is the only airline operating direct flights to Pakistan from Toronto and a majority of people, who have days of vacation, cannot afford to lose a day by picking other routes. PIA does know this fact, thus taking full advantage of its monopoly and is least interested in listening to its customers.
RouteYYZ to ISB
Date FlownOctober 2015

"behavior of staff was very rude"

(Saudi Arabia)

We were supposed to take off from Jeddah at 9pm on PIA. We reached the airport at 6pm in order to start check-in earlier. We reached Departure area to go towards the checkin, They said we're sorry but PIA hasn't started check-In. It was just 2.5 hrs to take off and they were saying this. At least 200 passengers were standing there. We requested to at least let us in because we had a disabled Passenger with us. But they didn't care about it and made is wait till 8pm. Then eventually we went in, waited in line to get our turn, after some time we got our Luggages Booked and boarding Passes received. It was around 9:30pm and we arrived at our gate. We waited and waited for a long time. At around 11pm, they started boarding. We proceeded to the counter, he gave us our boarding passes and we headed towards the plane. All passengers were boarded. They weren't taxiing. We waited for 2 whole hours. At 1am, after lots and lots of screaming, yelling, shouting, swearing (not only passengers, but also cabin crew) they started taxiing. We finally departed at 01.30. Overall, the flight was comfortable, but the behavior of the staff was very rude. No inflight entertainment. While leaving the plane, still the crew offered no apology.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER