Pakistan Intl Airlines

Review by (United States) 23rd April 2015

KHI-LHE and return LHE-KHI. The flight to Lahore was on an ancient A310 which had definitely seen better days. You know that a plane is old when they have to use a VHS tape for the safety announcements! The flight was uneventful until the landing. We were only 1000 feet from the ground when suddenly the airplane ascended sharply the captain then came on the pa and announced that a warning light had come on causing the aborted landing but they had determined that everything was okay and would attempt the landing again. The second attempt was successful but I suspect that the landing gear did not fully deploy on the first attempt! The return was uneventful and luckily on a much newer B777. The only problem was that the IFE was not operational during the flight. Yet I'm still baffled why PIA is serving food on a two hour flight and using a B777 on such a short route.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

28 March and 12 April I flew PK 786 LHR-ISB and PK 785 ISB-LHR and it is one of the most awful experiences I have had. The plane was so filthy it beggars belief the inflight entertainment broken on both legs and the staff non fussed. The seats were grubby worrn out and dirty the seat pockets seemed to have a years worth of accumulated dirt inside even the walls of the plane were dirty. The attitude of the staff was extremely poor a stewardess decided to "clean" trash off the floor by pushing it under my wifes seat with her foot. She even seemed quite shocked that my wife did not find this amusing. Earlier in the flight I had asked the same stewardess to send someone to clean my tray as it was filthy of course no one came and she seemed shocked at my suggestion. Should be avoided at all costs!

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th March 2015

We flew Beijing to Tokyo with PIA and were astonished by the poor level of service and the filthy state of the plane. The legroom seats were reserved for cabin crew who sat chatting in them for most of the flight prompting a row with one tall customer who refused to move. The plane was an hour late to depart and no announcements at all were made to explain this. The toilets smelt and were the dirtiest I have experienced on any flight. The crew served themselves with water while we waited to take off but none was offered to anyone else. They spent most of the flight monopolising the legroom seats and checking their makeup (they did look good). They forgot to give out the immigration forms for entry to Tokyo until we were leaving the plane causing delays there as we struggled to fill them in in the queue. I would never consider using this airline again!

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th March 2015

Flew business class LHR to Islamabad via Karachi on way out direct on return. Did this trip last year also in business class and was very disappointed with return leg. This year nothing but praise. The IFE could be better and the seats could be improved proper lie flat please but the level of service from start to finish was very high. Food quality and presentation excellent throughout and most enjoyable. Not many in business cabin but nonetheless credit where credit is due the cabin staff regularly made sure you were comfortable. The inflight amenity pack on both legs was a welcome bonus as none was provided last year. Well done PIA I will be sampling their business class service again in 2016 so please maintain the rate of improvement.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th January 2015

I travelled with Pakistan International Airlines from Manchester to Islamabad on the 27/08/2014 then back to Manchester on 21/12/2014. Overall I got good service from the cabin crew the entertainment was acceptable because I wasn't exactly flying on a 5 star airlines the seating of the plane was acceptable and departure from Islamabad was delayed by 1 Hour and 30 minutes just as it always is!

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st December 2014

MAN-ISB. The entertainment on my seat did not work at all. The compartments in front of the seats looked as though they hadn't been cleaned for weeks. The last time I flew with PIA was a while back and I can't recall such a poor experience that I experienced this time around. However I am not surprised at all by the poor standard of service provided given that PIA is a govt owned airline that has failed to revive PIA to where it once was. If you can avoid PIA then do so.

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th November 2014

Birmingham to Islamabad by far the worst airline I have ever travelled on. The food tastes horrible. The seats are too close together and the staff are lazy - they look over worked and tired. PTVs did not work. There where no blankets and cushions.

Review by (Canada) 11th November 2014

I traveled from YYZ-KHI with PIA last year. My first and last time with PIA. I would rather pay a few extra bucks and fly Emirates or Turkish Airlines. During my flight my seat was broken and I asked the male flight attendant to change my seat. He just gave me a dry response by saying that the flight was full. I was shocked to hear this type of customer service. The least he could have done was to offer to fix the seat. I was sitting on the broken seat for 14 hours. I didn't go to the washroom because 2 of them were leaking and the other was out of order. The IFE system did not work at all and when I asked the flight attendant to fix it he said ok and just disappeared. Overall a very bad experience with PIA and there are a lot more options.

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th October 2014

Went to Pakistan on the 8th Sep. Both trips there and back were shocking. Staff looked very tired and confused. They wouldn't even crack a smile let alone make a conversation. Staff not well groomed at all. I'm sorry all this is negative but it cost me £800 for all that. "PIA great people to fly with" should change their logo.

Review by (Australia) 22nd September 2014

Travelled from Tokyo to Beijing on the 13th October. It was without doubt the worst flight experience of my life. The flight was delayed for an unknown reason. Then when we boarded I couldn't believe how bad the condition of the fuselage was. It looked like it was being held together with Sellotape. The arm rests still had ashtrays which indicated the age of the plane. These were stuffed with gum and rubbish by the way. The air vent was pumping out petrol smelling air. I feared it was about to burst into flames. The cabin crew were the rudest most obnoxious people I've ever encountered whilst travelling. When they served the meal the attendant just thrust a tray in our direction and said "this is mutton" almost expecting us to decline it. The scowl he offered seemed to suggest he was hoping we'd choke on it. The TV's didn't work the toilets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years and when leaving the plane all they could muster was an icy stare - no smile or thank you. One of them didn't even bother to get up out of his seat instead he just slouched staring out of the window.