Pakistan Intl Airlines

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th July 2015

Flew from CDG-MXP-ISB. Check in was uneventful, however, the 'Premiere Lounge' is pathetic. There was no decent food selection available, and the only things on display were packets of pot noodles and 3 cold salami sandwiches. So, as soon as it was announced the gate was open, we fled the lounge and went to the gate. After passing through security, we realised there was a 15-minute delay. Finally, boarding was announced, and, much to my dismay, there was no priority boarding! We finally boarded the flight and were taken to our seats by the cabin crew. Moments later, the purser appeared with a range of juices and hot towels. In terms of seat comfort, I found the seat to be comfortable, and after flying EK's, EY's and QR's Business Class, didn't find it to be all that bad. After a 10 minute delay, we took off, and the IFE was turned on while the crew prepared for snacks, consisting of sandwiches, chicken 'rolls', cake and tea/coffee. After snacks, we began our descent and landed in MXP, and the ground staff cleaned the plane while we remained seated. After everyone had boarded, we were given juices and cold towels again, and soon after, we took off, 10 minutes behind schedule. We were given our amenity kits, and the rest of the flight was uneventful. Dinner consisting of a steak, curry, rice, lentils and vegetables was served, along with dessert, which was cheesecake or a plateful of chocolate eclair and lights were turned off for passengers to go to sleep. I fell asleep and woke up with only 2 hours to ISB when lights were turned on for Breakfast. Breakfast consisted of a sandwich, a croissant, coffee/tea, a roll, cold chicken cuts and a shashlik. About 1 and a half hour after breakfast we landed, right on time. De-boarding was swift, and soon enough I was in ISB. It was a wonderful flight, and definitely worth the money!
AircraftBoeing 777-200ER
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteParis to Islamabad via Milan

Review by (Canada) 15th July 2015

I flew from Islamabad to Toronto via Lahore - The flight from Islamabad to Lahore was excellent with courteous flight attendants and fairly good check in and baggage handling. The overnight hotel accommodations provided by the airline in Lahore were awful. Flight from Lahore to Islamabad was uneventful except for the extremely low safety concerns of the cabin staff. There were children running all around the plane even when the seat belt signs were on and even when the aircraft was flying through turbulent weather - what surprised me the most was that cabin staff just ignored these children while I was a nervous wreck watching the children jump around seats and run in aisles.
RouteIslamabad to Toronto via Lahor

Review by (Pakistan) 6th July 2015

We flew from Islamabad to London on PIA's 777-300ER's Business Class on the 20th of June 2015, and it was a mixed experience. After 10 years of flying PIA's Business Class, you get used to the CIP lounge in Islamabad, which, although renovated and refurbished, still lacks a lot when compared to Emirates, Qatar Airways or Etihad. After the long wait, the boarding started slightly behind schedule. Since Islamabad Airport doesn't have jetways, we boarded via stairs, and as we entered the aircraft, I immediately realised that the AC's weren't on. We had to sit in this inferno for about 20-30 minutes before the engines were started. Post-takeoff, menus were distributed and the food trolley was rolled out. The food was delicious, and I even opted for seconds. After lunch, I realised that the IFE wasn't working, and when I flagged down a stewardess to ask why the IFE had failed, her response was "technical failure" and was not very helpful. The rest of the flight was uneventful. Business Plus passengers were allowed to de-board first. All in all, not the business class you'd expect from other carriers, but it is somewhat value for your money. I probably would recommend PIA to my friends and family.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteIslamabad to London

Review by (United States) 23rd April 2015

KHI-LHE and return LHE-KHI. The flight to Lahore was on an ancient A310 which had definitely seen better days. You know that a plane is old when they have to use a VHS tape for the safety announcements! The flight was uneventful until the landing. We were only 1000 feet from the ground when suddenly the airplane ascended sharply the captain then came on the pa and announced that a warning light had come on causing the aborted landing but they had determined that everything was okay and would attempt the landing again. The second attempt was successful but I suspect that the landing gear did not fully deploy on the first attempt! The return was uneventful and luckily on a much newer B777. The only problem was that the IFE was not operational during the flight. Yet I'm still baffled why PIA is serving food on a two hour flight and using a B777 on such a short route.

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th April 2015

28 March and 12 April I flew PK 786 LHR-ISB and PK 785 ISB-LHR and it is one of the most awful experiences I have had. The plane was so filthy it beggars belief the inflight entertainment broken on both legs and the staff non fussed. The seats were grubby worrn out and dirty the seat pockets seemed to have a years worth of accumulated dirt inside even the walls of the plane were dirty. The attitude of the staff was extremely poor a stewardess decided to "clean" trash off the floor by pushing it under my wifes seat with her foot. She even seemed quite shocked that my wife did not find this amusing. Earlier in the flight I had asked the same stewardess to send someone to clean my tray as it was filthy of course no one came and she seemed shocked at my suggestion. Should be avoided at all costs!

Review by (United Kingdom) 28th March 2015

We flew Beijing to Tokyo with PIA and were astonished by the poor level of service and the filthy state of the plane. The legroom seats were reserved for cabin crew who sat chatting in them for most of the flight prompting a row with one tall customer who refused to move. The plane was an hour late to depart and no announcements at all were made to explain this. The toilets smelt and were the dirtiest I have experienced on any flight. The crew served themselves with water while we waited to take off but none was offered to anyone else. They spent most of the flight monopolising the legroom seats and checking their makeup (they did look good). They forgot to give out the immigration forms for entry to Tokyo until we were leaving the plane causing delays there as we struggled to fill them in in the queue. I would never consider using this airline again!

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th March 2015

Flew business class LHR to Islamabad via Karachi on way out direct on return. Did this trip last year also in business class and was very disappointed with return leg. This year nothing but praise. The IFE could be better and the seats could be improved proper lie flat please but the level of service from start to finish was very high. Food quality and presentation excellent throughout and most enjoyable. Not many in business cabin but nonetheless credit where credit is due the cabin staff regularly made sure you were comfortable. The inflight amenity pack on both legs was a welcome bonus as none was provided last year. Well done PIA I will be sampling their business class service again in 2016 so please maintain the rate of improvement.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th January 2015

I travelled with Pakistan International Airlines from Manchester to Islamabad on the 27/08/2014 then back to Manchester on 21/12/2014. Overall I got good service from the cabin crew the entertainment was acceptable because I wasn't exactly flying on a 5 star airlines the seating of the plane was acceptable and departure from Islamabad was delayed by 1 Hour and 30 minutes just as it always is!

Review by (United Kingdom) 31st December 2014

MAN-ISB. The entertainment on my seat did not work at all. The compartments in front of the seats looked as though they hadn't been cleaned for weeks. The last time I flew with PIA was a while back and I can't recall such a poor experience that I experienced this time around. However I am not surprised at all by the poor standard of service provided given that PIA is a govt owned airline that has failed to revive PIA to where it once was. If you can avoid PIA then do so.

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th November 2014

Birmingham to Islamabad by far the worst airline I have ever travelled on. The food tastes horrible. The seats are too close together and the staff are lazy - they look over worked and tired. PTVs did not work. There where no blankets and cushions.