Philippine Airlines

"Delay of six hours"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Jakarta, awful customer service. Information from airline was inaccurate and changed throughout the day. Delay of six hours because half of the passengers were made to wait for the other half who had visa issues that should have been checked before they boarded their connecting flight. Customer service appalling. Information in the departure terminal nearly non existent.
RouteManila to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2018

"flight went very well"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to London. Flight was delayed for take off for about 1 hour due to air traffic congestion. Aside from this the flight went very well. Flight staff were very accommodating. Plane was one of the older versions of Boeing 777, but still had good Entertainment System and adequate washrooms.
RouteManila to London
Date FlownMay 2018

"staff were kind and attentive"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | London to Manila. Our flight PR721 was originally for June 5 2018 but I was informed that our flight was moved to June 6 due to technical problems. Fortunately the extra day worked out for my family. On flight day departure was delayed by 1 hour but at least passengers were compensated by a £7 refreshment voucher. Flight went well although due to the flight changes of PAL i was not able to sit together with my family. Good thing PAL used a newer version Boeing 777 with wider entertainment screen and seat chat feature! Seat Chat was amazing as I was constantly chatting with my 7 year old daughter seated at the rear of the plane. It kept her entertained. Food was okay but I had better food choices from my MNL-LHR flight 2 weeks prior. Flight staff were kind and attentive especially the male senior flight purser. I observed that he was very attentive and cheerful to all passengers especially to senior citizen passengers and to children. Landing was smooth as expected of PAL flights
RouteLondon to Manila
Date FlownJune 2018

"cabin crew are approachable"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Naga to Clark. Plane departs on time. The cabin crew are approachable and doing a job great also ensuring the safety of the passengers so that there will be no problems during the time of the flight.
AircraftBombardier Dash Q300
RouteNaga to Clark
Date FlownMay 2018

"the flight was pleasant"

Trip Verified | Manila to Cagayan de Oro. I request to the crew that I want to be transferred in a window seat. The crew politely replied that just wait until the passengers will finish boarding since there are still passengers not yet in the aircraft. So I waited but the crew forgot my request and the plane already took off. When I arrived at my destination airport I found out that there is still a lot of empty window seats in the flight. I hope next time the crew should be aware of the little request of the passengers/customers. Overall the flight was pleasant and smooth boarding.
RouteManila to Cagayan de Oro
Date FlownMay 2018

"great service, good food"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila in February 2018, great service, good food and selection of beverages. Very polite and professional flight attendants, can't understand why some people's comments are so harsh.
RouteMelbourne to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"they changed my flight time"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I have booked a flight from Manila to Cebu to leave at 1500 and they changed my flight time from 1500 to 1650 - no problem with that, I understand that schedule changes happen. I called them and asked if could they put me on the earlier flight 10.55 instead. However, because my flight had been changed by less than 2 hours, they would not change my flight. Customers and clients should come first otherwise we will use alternative airlines.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownMay 2018

"told the flight is cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Manila booked for June 2018. Issue was reviewed previously by my partner, however still have not received any response from Philippines airlines despite complaining 3 times. Terrible customer service London to Manila. We booked flights for Thursday 7th June. 3 weeks before our flight date we have been told that the flight is cancelled and we either have to fly a day later and miss the wedding or a day earlier and have to take unpaid leave and deal with work complications because of it. If we had known before we would have chosen a different airline, however 3 weeks before the flight date flights have sky rocketed in price and suitable flights not available so is not an option. What's more the flights we now were cheaper at the time of booking so we have now also overpaid for a flight we did not want. No compensation or apology from Philippines Airlines so far. Very poor service and terrible reliability.
RouteLondon to Manila

"meals have deteriorated"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. The flights I took a few days ago are more than an hour delayed. I noticed that in-flight meals have deteriorated. They used to serve ice cream in the Bangkok route but nowadays the desserts are poor. In flight entertainment is mediocre, movie selections have not changed in the past 6 months. As usual, one has to use the mobile phone or tablet to stream movies. There was no announcement about the online entertainment streaming.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownMay 2018

"both flights were delayed"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Manila return, both flights were delayed. The YYZ-MNL flight was delayed by 6+ hours with no explanation or access to food or water. I wrote Philippine Airlines and they responded that delay was weather related. However, both Cathay Pacific and China Eastern took off at 2am as schedule. Philippine Airlines should be more honest for the delay and not blame the weather right away.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER