Top 100 Airlines

Philippine Airlines

"cabin staff encountered were lovely"

I had quite low expectations after booking this fare as the fare was so incredibly low. I flew return with my 11 year old from Cairns, Australia to London Heathrow with a longish layover in Manila (9 hours) on the way over. I have done a lot of international flying over the years and no matter who you fly with, the flight is from Australia to Europe is long and tedious. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised with the level of service that we received with Philippine Airlines, everything from start to finish went smoothly for us from the departure times to the inflight service, we didn't have a single issue. All of the cabin staff that we encountered were lovely, very helpful and extremely courteous, everything was done with a smile and the utmost professionalism. The plane was somewhat dated but clean and functional. The inflight entertainment system was not up to scratch but we didn't mind as I like to read and my daughter watches her own shows on her laptop. The meals were fine, not fabulous but certainly edible and no better or no worse than other airlines that I have flown with. I have a friend who flew to the UK at the same time as us but she flew a different airline out of Brisbane and she paid almost the same just for her ticket as I did for both mine and my daughter's tickets. A lot of people are sceptical when flying an airline that they are not familiar with and I was no different. I wouldn't hesitate to use Philippine Airlines again, I have no desire to spend a vast amount more for my fare just to fly a preferred airline, I'd rather the extra money to spend while on holidays!
RouteCNS to LHR via MNL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"greeted with a warm welcome"

Flew from Vancouver to Manila on a Boeing 777. Check in was fast. The crew gave us a warm welcome on boarding the aircraft. The cabin smelt nice and the food tasted good. IFE was present. Although we departed 45 minutes late in Vancouver we arrived on time on Manila. Manila to Kalibo on an A320. Flight was delayed by 30 minutes but it wasn't a problem for me. Then Kalibo to Toronto. Our flight was on time, we were again greeted with a warm welcome on both aircraft. We arrived in Toronto 25 minutes early which is great but since we were too early our gate wasn't ready so we had to sit on the plane for almost 30 minutes. I'm looking forward to flying with Philippine Airlines again in the future.
AircraftA320, Boeing 777-300ER
RouteKLO to YYZ via YVR

"pretty smooth flight"

(Philippines)

Manila to Hong Kong. Check-in at Terminal 2 was a breeze. Lounge access (I'm a premier elite member) was almost perfect except for the noisy crowd. Cabin was okay, food was good. Pretty smooth flight. FAs were nice. WI-FI onboard meant I was able to send messages, pictures etc to my family from the flight.
RouteMNL to HKG

"Food was tasteful"

(Philippines)

Bangkok to Manila. Transfer at Bangkok Airport was great. Check-in staff helpful and proactive (as I came from an LH flight from Nuremberg and my luggage checked thru to Manila, she found a way to place a priority sticker to my bag as I am a premier elite member). Lounge access was just ok - they're sharing with other airlines thru a private lounge. Food was tasteful and ice cream topped off the meal service.
RouteBKK to MNL
Date FlownJune 2016

"provided a very exquisite journey"

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh City to Manila. First of all, we almost missed the check-in. I was 55 min before the scheduled departure time at the check-in counter but the lady at the desk hesitantly check me in. The boarding was punctual. Before the departure, flight attendants offered Philippine newspapers. Seats are generous and the legroom spacious. Onboard service included 2 different meal options. Chicken with Pasta and Pork Curry with Rice. As a starter there was salad and a dessert. Water, soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee were offered. The meal tasted excellent. There were neither IFE nor videoscreens but we were offered the myPAL Player. Just download the APP on your mobile device. If you have done it is possible to watch movies, series and cartoons on your smartphone. Free WiFi is also available onboard. All in all Philippine Airlines provided me a very exquisite journey.
AircraftA321-200
RouteSGN to MNL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"never fly with them again"

Verified Review | Had a return flight New York to Vancouver delayed not by 20 minutes or an hour but 5.5 hours. The manager would not give a hotel voucher even though our flight was supposed to leave at 12.15am and it didn't leave until 5.30am. But it would have cut into their profit! So the whole plane sat in the airport because the manager said they got news the plane "may" arrive early so we now needed to clear customs by 2.30 am not 3.30 as their paper said! And if we didn't our luggage or perhaps the customer may not be cleared to take off! Then offered a $15 meal voucher but the food was so expensive that a sandwich and a can of pop was $16! Plane was worn and dirty! I will never fly with them again. I have copies of boarding pass, meal receipt, and delayed flight paper. They would not use the word cancel just in case they might have had to refund anyone monies!
RouteYVR to JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"cramped, worn out and uncomfortable"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Philippine Airlines flight from Manila to Denpasar was simply okay, comfortable despite some moderate turbulence. Flight crew were efficient and friendly. Bad side is that PAL seem to use an a very old aircraft which seem fit for domestic flights. Seats are cramped, worn out and uncomfortable. Inflight entertainment does not function well. Toilets are unmaintained. Budget airline service with a high ticket price.
RouteMNL to DPS
Date FlownAugust 2016

"had a fantastic experience"

Verified Review | I had a fantastic experience from London Heathrow to Manila. My first time flying with Philippine Airlines and I was upgraded to business class. The cabin crew where very professional and welcoming. I will certainly be using again and look forward to my return flight.
RouteLHR to MNL

"reasonably comfortable"

Flew Brisbane to Manila with Philippine Airlines. Flight was in 2 legs because of stop in Darwin to refuel. Good to be able to stretch your legs in the Darwin departure area but no business lounge access. A320 which did not have space for top-standard long-haul seats but was, nevertheless, reasonably comfortable. Lunch served on the first leg and dinner on the second - good standard. Service was very friendly.
RouteBNE to MNL

"service very friendly"

Flight was part of a good-value deal from Brisbane to London. Flat-bed seats with what seemed a huge seat pitch - first-class feel about it. Food and drink were good and the service very friendly. Although a 14-hour flight from Manila to London, time passed quite comfortably. IFE not as extensive as many other carriers. Delayed on taxiway on departure but arrived early and then had to wait for gate. Overall a very positive experience with Philippine Airlines.
RouteMNL to LHR