Philippine Airlines

Review by (Indonesia)

Manila-Jakarta business class. Overall this was an enjoyable flight. The aircraft is not new with old style recliner seat, adequate for 4-hour flight but since this was a red-eye flight, it's not comfy to sleep on this type of seat. The dinner was abundant even though no menu is offered to passenger. The cabin crew did their job well. After meal service, the cabin crew spent the time chatting or sleeping at the back of business cabin. Each seat is equipped with PTV, but I only turned on the flight map. For the price they charged and the facility they offered, I would say it's not good value for money.
RouteManila to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Japan)

I was on PR428 going back home to Tokyo with some friends. The food was good. The flight attendants were friendly. The service was fast. Scheduled flight time was 4 hours but the flight ended up being 3 hours 41 minutes.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJune 2015

Philippine Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

I boarded the plane in LAX on the B777-300ER. It was good. Pretty decent food and IFE, seat was comfortable enough with good leg space. I arrived at Manila and waited 9 hours for my next flight to Davao. I got snacks, and great seating. There was no IFE on the A320-200. Then I arrived at Davao. 1 week later I flew to Cebu. Once all passengers were onboard we were told there way a delay, I had to wait around 1 hour and 25 mins before we took off.
AircraftA320-200 and Boeing 777-300ER
RouteLAX to Manila to Davao to Cebu

Review by (Indonesia)

CGK-MNL-CGK. CGK-MNL far better smiles from the crew. 2 movies were played with bad audio even though I brought my own headphones. Two choices of meal and a nice dessert. Economy Class Seats offer enough space for legs, better than the LCC seats.
RouteManila to Jakarta

Review by (Philippines)

Flew Economy for MNL-BKK and back for a short trip to Bangkok. Cabin crew were very attentive. On my flight to Bangkok, a woman was complaining about the only two meal choices available for Economy (pork and beef), but the staff were able to produce chicken and vegetarian meals for her. The seat pitch was a bit narrow, but once you recline your seat it doesn't seem so bad. On the return flight, we rode on a B777 and I was glad for the individual IFE. My seatmate's though kept restarting every fifteen minutes or so, and she had to select another movie that would play until the end. Food was okay, I liked the ones in our first flight better.
RouteManila to Bangkok

Review by (Canada)

Booking online and getting the baggage allowance is impossible so when you arrive to check in I was charged 1600 pesos for 1 kg over the weight! Long long lines to check in to the flight, very old and decaying terminal with no wifi - this is PAL's own terminal - one would think they would at least have the best most modern terminal for their national airline! The plane was old - with no in seat entertainment or TV screens on the walls. The food was awful. Toilets were not clean on the plane. The only redeeming feature was the staff were very nice and friendly and tried to be helpful. The last complaint is some of the regional flights arrive at Terminal 3 so you have to take a 1 hour taxi ride to get to Terminal 2 to catch the international flight.
RouteManila to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2015

Philippine Airlines customer review

Review by (United States)

On a recent trip to Australia from the U.S., I decided to try Philippine Airlines. I flew Business class and was very pleased with every aspect of the trip. I found the aircraft to be in good comfortable condition. The staff to be very friendly and attentive. The food was very acceptable by airline standards. The only caveat would be that you have to allow an extra day to your trip as a night at a hotel in Manila would be required to allow for scheduled flights. Given that time is not an issue with me, I found Philippine Airlines a good choice.

Review by (Canada)

I flew with PAL Business class, Boeing 777 PR 0117 and 0118 for April 17 2015. The service was just like any economy airline and the food lacks quality. They served salted fish and the rest are of fast food type Western Food. The crew were all smiles but unable to problem-solve. This is my second time to fly PAL and I always fly business class with other airlines. I cannot recommend this airline for business class. Perhaps economy would be more suitable. All it offered was a direct flight from Vancouver to Phil and back. However, there might be more fun flying with airlines that stop over Japan or Hong Kong provided you have enough lay over time.
RouteVancouver to Manila

Review by (Philippines)

Flew MNL-BKK-MNL using an Airbus 330-300. Flights were both on-time. Inflight crew were attentive and friendly which I guess is the airline's advantage. Inflight service though is below average. There was no inflight entertainment; no video nor music. Flight from BKK-MNL was suppose to have a wireless inflight entertainment but was not working. PAL flights seem to be very expensive considering their in-flight service that is similar to low- cost airlines.

Review by (Canada)

JFK-YVR. 5/17/2015. First the online check-in didn't work for anyone. I know because I asked a few people in line while waiting an hour for my boarding pass when I only had carry on. The cabin was from 1990s in a bad way. Three TV screens for the cabin no power outlets old interior. The engine broke when we were on the runway they jiggled the cables and rebooted the computers for 5 hours and then decided that the engine really was broken and let us off the plane. They started taking people to hotels and not re-routing / ticketing to other airlines. As soon as I could find an outlet in the terminal I called my booking agent's after hours number and they found a flight through WestJet and I was home in 8 hours through Calgary. I would avoid.