Philippine Airlines

"food great and service"

Verified Review | Manila to London. Perfect really, prompt, staff great, very comfortable for economy class, first time I slept on a plane both ways as well! Leg room great and recline, food great and service. Entertainment needs more documentary’s of interest as a bit boring without any topics.
RouteManila to London

"The crew was polite"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Manila to Laoag. My flight was delayed for an hour in Manila, but the ground service was fast and organized. I flew in an A321 with a seat configuration of 3-3, their seat are confortable and spacious. It's without ife screen, but you can connect your phone to the mypal, which provide you some movies, music and internet for a fee. The crew was polite, the meal service was ok.
RouteManila to Laoag
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"The legroom was terrible"

Verified Review | Flew San Francisco to Manila with Philippine Airlines. The seat I picked was 39G. On the seat map it gave no indication that this seat was unable to recline due to being against the lavatory wall, and in fact gave no indication that it was near the lavatory at all. The legroom was terrible and the seat cushion had almost no padding left. It’s safe to say it was a very uncomfortable 13+ hour flight. I remember my lower back hurting for days afterwards. If you are 6 feet or more it would be better to book preferred seating as their leg room leaves something to be desired.
RouteSan Francisco to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2017

"8h flight no entertainment"

Verified Review | They loaded us on the bus and the ground crew kept shouting to go further in where there was no more room. Then we waited in the bus for almost 10 min because the loading of the plane as it wasn’t ready! 8 hours flight has no entertainment! Crazy
RouteSydney to Manila

14th November 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Good day, M Roberts! Thank you for addressing these concerns. Our newly re-configured A330 utilizes our Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Narita flights. However, this may still change without prior notice as part of operational requirements. Rest assured, we have taken full note of your feedback to help us enhance our services. Thank you and have a nice day!

"could not move my knees"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | This was by far the most uncomfortable flight we have ever been on. Initially our seat was changed from row 54 to row 34. After boarding I checked where row 54 would have been but the rows stopped before that, so that means that the plane was changed to accomodate a smaller customer count. This would be fine but he seats that we were assigned to did not recline as it would have blocked the emergency exit. Again, this is understandable. However what isn’t understandable is that the legroom for this seat was significantly smaller than I have ever seen, I am not extremely tall and I could not move my knees in this seat. I have taken images of this. Especially for such a long flight- 6+ hours to Cairns and then another 6 hours to Auckland. There should be a minimum limit on legroom for such long flights. I will never fly with this airline again.
RouteManila to Auckland via Cairns

24th October 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Hello, Ushal. Please allow us to explain that we will endeavor to honor your seat requests. However, we do not guarantee to provide any particular seat as this may be necessary to comply with laws, rules, and government regulations, or for operational, safety, or security reasons. Rest assured, your feedback with regard to our seat legroom will be noted for the improvement of our services. Thank you, Ushal. And we still hope to regain your confidence on our service under more pleasant circumstances.

"Both aircraft were comfortable"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Manila return in Economy. Efficient, hassle free check in, in both Bangkok and Manila, with a generous free baggage allowance. Both flights were bang on time, with B777 and A330 aircraft used on the route. Both aircraft were comfortable and were equipped with decent IFE, better headphones than some airlines supply in business class and a good range of movies. Crew were polite, efficient and professional. A simple and tasty rice meal was served and the wine was fine. I needed to change my flight booking on the return flight and went to the Philippine Airlines Office in Manila near Harrison Plaza. Service was great and I was able to change my ticket, in a few minutes for a very fair change fee. Philippine Airlines are working hard in recent years to improve their product in terms of quality, reliability and price, and I have to say they're succeeding at least on the routes I fly. Right now the weakest part of their service is having to use NAIA Terminal 2.
RouteManila to Bangkok

24th October 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Thank you for your lovely review, N Sutherland! Also, you will appreciate to know that we are continuously exerting our best efforts to improve our fleet, amenities, and facilities to serve you better and provide the heartfelt Filipino service.

"personnel are very accommodating and hospitable"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Flew Manila to Iloilo. From ticketing to check in up to the plane during the flight I must say that Philippine Airlines personnel are very accommodating and hospitable. The lounge was well stocked, crowded at times but is a great place to wait and relax before the flight. Though lounge personnel must always see to it that there are utensils for the guests at all times. Check in was fast with dedicated check in counters for business passengers. Airplane was clean. The food onboard also tasted good. I must say that the airline has gone the extra mile offering full course meal on a domestic flight just one hour long. No IFE onboard. Thought the airplane is equipped with wifi, I haven’t tried using it since the I wasn’t informed that the plane is equipped with wifi. Baggage claim was quick as well. Overall it was a good flight.
RouteManila to Iloilo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"crew helpful and welcoming"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | We travelled with our family to the Philippines with PAL. Really enjoyed our trip. Though th seats were not comfortable but the service of PAL stands out. There in-flight hospitality, food was better than Saudi airlines we travelled previously. The cabin crew was very helpful and welcoming. Next time for my travel to Philippines for sure will choose PAL. The fare pricing is very good.
Aircrafta330
RouteJeddah to General Santos via Manila

"We missed our flight"

Verified Review | We missed our flight from Manila to Caticlan because the airport was so poorly marked. When we asked the staff to help us they sent us on a wild goose chase with someone who asked us for tips. We then were forced to take a taxi who was a friend of this employee who charged us 15x the regular rate. The airline was unwilling to help or show empathy in any way. Because of the cancelation policies we were forced to pay for this flight and they asked us to pay another $250 USD to take the next flight. Needless to say we booked a different flight through a new airline.
RouteManila to Caticlan
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Seat okay, not very comfortable"

Verified Review | London to Melbourne via Manila. First time flying business class with Philippine Airlines. Seat okay, not very comfortable and not a flat bed. Service was poor despite being delivered with a smile. The remote control didn't work, had many options on menu and was told to choose anything except anything I chose the answer was 'sorry ma'am we have run out of that option'. Dessert time, the ice cream had melted, so that wasn't available either. One steward would take my order and another steward would bring me the wrong food each time. Coffee instead of tea, chicken instead of soup. The cabin space was not well designed with lady next to me havin to climb over me and kicking me each time. Said they had wifi but I couldn't connect to anything. Their lounge had great food, but hot water didn't work on the shower. Not enough seats, had to look around for ages.
RouteLondon to Manila