Philippine Airlines

"changed flight for the 4th time"

Trip Verified | London to Auckland via Manila. My husband and I were due to fly on 26th November, flights booked in February, for the precise reason of avoiding any stress and complications. The airline changed our flight for the 4th time since booking, and 3 days before we are due to depart (I understand that these things happen) but they cancelled our connection without letting us know therefore potentially leaving us stranded in Manila. We have now had to change our flight to the 25th, losing money on transportation to and from the airport, messing around family and causing major issues for us in Auckland. Upon our request for compensation / upgrade, they passed us around to various different departments. This took us 4 hours without a result. We are bitterly unhappy with the lack of communication, consideration and organisation. This has been an awful experience, one I wish to never repeat.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Manila
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flight delayed 24 hours"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Booked flight form London to Auckland, via Manila. Informed 2 weeks before due to leave that Manila - Auckland flight delayed 24 hours. No explanation or apology, and told that any re-arrangements were our responsibility. Had to book accommodation in Manila, and also in Auckland as now could not get home same day, plus needed new flights from Auckland. Check in both at London and Manila abysmally slow, not enough staff. PAL terminal at Manila very badly signed, and gate waiting area had no water or toilets so had to go out and back through security. Plane from Manila freezing cold, airline staff could, or would, not remedy. No entertainment on this plane, on two 4-5 hour flights. Took us 5 days to get home, completely exhausted. After complaining, offered flying points (which we were probably entitled to anyway), and then refused to answer. Never again.
RouteLondon to Auckland via Manila

"food great and service"

Verified Review | Manila to London. Perfect really, prompt, staff great, very comfortable for economy class, first time I slept on a plane both ways as well! Leg room great and recline, food great and service. Entertainment needs more documentary’s of interest as a bit boring without any topics.
RouteManila to London

"The crew was polite"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Manila to Laoag. My flight was delayed for an hour in Manila, but the ground service was fast and organized. I flew in an A321 with a seat configuration of 3-3, their seat are confortable and spacious. It's without ife screen, but you can connect your phone to the mypal, which provide you some movies, music and internet for a fee. The crew was polite, the meal service was ok.
RouteManila to Laoag
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"The legroom was terrible"

Verified Review | Flew San Francisco to Manila with Philippine Airlines. The seat I picked was 39G. On the seat map it gave no indication that this seat was unable to recline due to being against the lavatory wall, and in fact gave no indication that it was near the lavatory at all. The legroom was terrible and the seat cushion had almost no padding left. It’s safe to say it was a very uncomfortable 13+ hour flight. I remember my lower back hurting for days afterwards. If you are 6 feet or more it would be better to book preferred seating as their leg room leaves something to be desired.
RouteSan Francisco to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2017

"8h flight no entertainment"

Verified Review | They loaded us on the bus and the ground crew kept shouting to go further in where there was no more room. Then we waited in the bus for almost 10 min because the loading of the plane as it wasn’t ready! 8 hours flight has no entertainment! Crazy
RouteSydney to Manila

14th November 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Good day, M Roberts! Thank you for addressing these concerns. Our newly re-configured A330 utilizes our Melbourne, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Narita flights. However, this may still change without prior notice as part of operational requirements. Rest assured, we have taken full note of your feedback to help us enhance our services. Thank you and have a nice day!

"could not move my knees"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | This was by far the most uncomfortable flight we have ever been on. Initially our seat was changed from row 54 to row 34. After boarding I checked where row 54 would have been but the rows stopped before that, so that means that the plane was changed to accomodate a smaller customer count. This would be fine but he seats that we were assigned to did not recline as it would have blocked the emergency exit. Again, this is understandable. However what isn’t understandable is that the legroom for this seat was significantly smaller than I have ever seen, I am not extremely tall and I could not move my knees in this seat. I have taken images of this. Especially for such a long flight- 6+ hours to Cairns and then another 6 hours to Auckland. There should be a minimum limit on legroom for such long flights. I will never fly with this airline again.
RouteManila to Auckland via Cairns

24th October 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Hello, Ushal. Please allow us to explain that we will endeavor to honor your seat requests. However, we do not guarantee to provide any particular seat as this may be necessary to comply with laws, rules, and government regulations, or for operational, safety, or security reasons. Rest assured, your feedback with regard to our seat legroom will be noted for the improvement of our services. Thank you, Ushal. And we still hope to regain your confidence on our service under more pleasant circumstances.

"Both aircraft were comfortable"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Manila return in Economy. Efficient, hassle free check in, in both Bangkok and Manila, with a generous free baggage allowance. Both flights were bang on time, with B777 and A330 aircraft used on the route. Both aircraft were comfortable and were equipped with decent IFE, better headphones than some airlines supply in business class and a good range of movies. Crew were polite, efficient and professional. A simple and tasty rice meal was served and the wine was fine. I needed to change my flight booking on the return flight and went to the Philippine Airlines Office in Manila near Harrison Plaza. Service was great and I was able to change my ticket, in a few minutes for a very fair change fee. Philippine Airlines are working hard in recent years to improve their product in terms of quality, reliability and price, and I have to say they're succeeding at least on the routes I fly. Right now the weakest part of their service is having to use NAIA Terminal 2.
RouteManila to Bangkok

24th October 2017 : Philippine Airlines response

Thank you for your lovely review, N Sutherland! Also, you will appreciate to know that we are continuously exerting our best efforts to improve our fleet, amenities, and facilities to serve you better and provide the heartfelt Filipino service.

"personnel are very accommodating and hospitable"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Flew Manila to Iloilo. From ticketing to check in up to the plane during the flight I must say that Philippine Airlines personnel are very accommodating and hospitable. The lounge was well stocked, crowded at times but is a great place to wait and relax before the flight. Though lounge personnel must always see to it that there are utensils for the guests at all times. Check in was fast with dedicated check in counters for business passengers. Airplane was clean. The food onboard also tasted good. I must say that the airline has gone the extra mile offering full course meal on a domestic flight just one hour long. No IFE onboard. Thought the airplane is equipped with wifi, I haven’t tried using it since the I wasn’t informed that the plane is equipped with wifi. Baggage claim was quick as well. Overall it was a good flight.
RouteManila to Iloilo
Date FlownOctober 2017

"crew helpful and welcoming"

(Saudi Arabia)

Verified Review | We travelled with our family to the Philippines with PAL. Really enjoyed our trip. Though th seats were not comfortable but the service of PAL stands out. There in-flight hospitality, food was better than Saudi airlines we travelled previously. The cabin crew was very helpful and welcoming. Next time for my travel to Philippines for sure will choose PAL. The fare pricing is very good.
Aircrafta330