Philippine Airlines

"fits the 4 star category"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Tokyo. A330 reconfigured business class seat with 1-2-1 seating fits the 4 star category. Manila to Tokyo flight is a short 4 hrs. Seat was comfy with massage function, spacious legroom, adjustable firmness function, storage space, full flat bed position, fine dining style, very responsive touch HD IFE screen, attentive cabin crew. However it lacks cabin mode lighting, 1 toilet shared by 18 pax. No amenity kit for business class on this short flight. IFE has no inflight cameras and not interactive 3D map. No pre-landing snack. Wifi cannot connect to the internet in my flight. Overall this business class is way better than business class on Boeing 777 in terms of privacy. I hope that PAL reconfigure all their A330s to this triclass version specially the bi-class they're using for Middle East flights which I normally take 6 legs a year.
AircraftA330-300
RouteManila to Tokyo
Date FlownJanuary 2018

Philippine Airlines customer review

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Bangkok, the plane was the A321. Plane was in good condition but the seats used were rather old and weary. On the way back, they used the A340 which I think needs some refurbishing; seats look old, tired and not ergonomic. Both flight have inflight entertainment streaming which has limited choices. Food service is very slow, the quality is okay for a short haul flight. PAL loves to overload their passengers with carbohydrates: imagine a meal of rice, pasta salad, bread and cake.
RouteManila to Bangkok

"boarding was efficient"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Davao to Clark. Luckily, Philippine Airlines allows early check-in so I was able to drop my bag quickly and got my boarding pass. There was no delay and boarding was efficient. An old A320-200 with wider seats and small monitors. I was seated at the exit row with extra legroom. When one of the flight attendants was explaining the exit row manual, I looked at my phone because of a text message and she told me “Sir, your attention please”. The same attendant got my bag and put it on the overhead compartment for me. Coffee, tea, water and a carrot cake were served. After eating my snack, I went to get my laptop and I pressed the attendant’s button to call for help. The chief pursuer came to me and I told her that I can’t find my bag, she then called the same flight attendant who carried my bag a while ago and got my bag from the over-head cabin. She told me it was just covered, not missing. Pal is known for the warmth of its flight attendants but in this flight not.
AircraftA320-200
RouteDavao to Clark
Date FlownApril 2018

"leg room was really good"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Flew Manila to General Santos with Philippine Airlines. There is a very big improvement on the check-in in NAIA Terminal 2 Domestic, the ground staff were very warm-welcoming even though I checked-in at 5 am and there was no line at all! It only took me few seconds to drop my bag and get my boarding pass. I used the Mabuhay Lounge and there was nothing really special about it as compared to Singapore Airlines or Cathay but it also improved a lot the last time I used it. It still has a wide selection of drinks, cakes and other food enough for breakfast. PAL uses the newly reconfigured A330 or A340 to General Santos and luckily we used the newly reconfigured tri-class A330! I was actually disappointed that I didn't upgrade my ticket to business class. The seat in economy was a bit hard but comfortable, leg room was really good, the IFE worked well and has updated movie list (I watched Call Me by Your Name, they also have Coco and other new movies)! Landing and baggage collection in General Santos also went well. No delays, snacks were served (tea, coffee, water and bread). Will definitely recommend Philippine Airlines.
RouteManila to General Santos
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Seating space just enough"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Laoag. Check in at Terminal 2 early in the morning was smooth and quick, no cues. Boarding a mess, gate got changed 2 times. Some remained in my seat pocket, tray table not cleaned. Seating space just enough, if you over 6 foot its not comfortable. Take off was delayed for more than 2 hours, seems common for my resent trips. PAL is the only operator for this destination, sadly no other choice. Crew was friendly but distant.
RouteManila to Laoag

"Service was great"

Trip Verified | Just wanted to say that our journey from London to Manila with Philippine Airlines was fantastic. Service was great, entertainment better and food was ok. Kids enjoy their kids meal and kids entertainment movies. I highly recommend PAL to family travelling from london with kids to Manila as its straight flight and hassle-free.
RouteLondon to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2018

"attendants were very attentive"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco. Terminal 2 has improved, faster wifi, and check in went smoothly no long queue lines. Boarding was on time. Flight attendants were very attentive during the flight. Legroom was great, food is not that tasty up in the air, but it’s okay, FA’s were distributing snacks. Inflight entertainment is very responsive, The aircraft is only about a year old. The only downfall of the flight is that the Wifi connection is really weak. Landed in SFO on time.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"business class crew were very professional"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Dammam on 17th March 2018. Philippine Airlines is known for its crew hospitality and on this flight, the entire business class crew were very professional and willingly ensured that passenger satisfaction is met. The business section was half full so there was no traffic to the single toilet/lavatory unlike my DMM-MNL flight of 1st March. If there is a room for improvement, I hope PAL will address this by adding one more toilet for the business class section in this sector. Food (2 sets of meals) and amenities (L'Occitane and PAL slippers) were very good. Inflight entertainment (i.e. movies) is quite dated and needs a fresh and newer set of films. Aircraft is an older A330 and the seats could do some upgrading. Overall, I am still satisfied and recommend this airline to my friends and work colleagues. I have already noticed an increase in their internet published fares for business class to which I am hoping that visible improvements commensurate to that projected price hike will take place.
RouteManila to Dammam
Date FlownMarch 2018

"flight is one of the best"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila. I have to say that this flight is one of the best. Food was served with a lot of smiles on both sector. The price of ticket I got on premium economy was such a steal and lucky I chose seat 21K. RUH-MNL sector, arrived in MNL 30 minutes early. Offered iPads as alternative to personal tv screens. Philippine airlines is really living up to its four star rating. A little upgrade on the service both on ground and on-air could lead to their dream of becoming 5 Star airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Flight was also excellent"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Legazpi, Albay to Manila, 17-Mar. I have to commend the male staff at the check in counter at LGP airport for doing a great job. I had an onward flight to RUH where I bought the ticket separately meaning I have to collect my check in luggage upon arriving at MNL airport T2 and check it in again for my onward flight to RUH. However, the helpful staff made it easy for me by checking me in for my RUH flight and told me that my luggage will be handled by their luggage handling team in MNL. True enough, I collected it arriving in RUH. This made me my travel hassle free. Flight was also excellent. Served light meal with a smile in this 45 minute flight. Keep it up Philippine Airlines.
RouteLegazpi, Albay to Manila