Top 100 Airlines

Peruvian Airlines

"no explanations or apologies"

We flew Peruvian Airlines round trip from Lima to Cuzco. Both flights were over an hour late. LAN Chile flights on same routes at same times ran on time. Aircraft was over 30 years old. Staff and crew were completely lackadaisical about delays. No explanations or apologies were given. Running 1 to 2 hours late seemed to be standard operating procedure. Policies were inconsistent. No carry-ons allows on one flight with unlimited carry-ons on the next, in the same aircraft. There are several other carriers operating on this route. Take one of them.
Date FlownMay 2016

"avoid this airline if you can"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | La Paz to Cuzco with Peruvian Airlines. The aircraft is 22 years old, everything worn and aged, from chairs to carpet, to window blind, to toilets. The seat was most cramped. One welcoming think is that they still serve drink and snacks even for an one hour flight. My flight was on time but I observed flights were cancelled frequently. For the daily LPB-CUZ route, I found 3 out of 7 flights were cancelled. Avoid this airline if you can!
RouteLPB to CUZ
Date FlownMay 2016

"how bad Peruvian Airlines were"

We (a couple in our sixties) had booked a return flight without knowing how bad Peruvian Airlines were. On the way from Lima to Cuzco we were bumped twice and left hanging at the airport with no food, changed gate twice, and eventually left 7 hours later. The excuse was 'weather' but approx 6 flights from even the smallest other airlines continued to fly - it was perfectly clear when we eventually landed and the locals said it was fine all day. So total lie by this airline. No service whatsoever. On our return journey arrived at airport 3 hours early only to find a line of approx 160 people (I did a head count) whose previous flight had been cancelled. Stood in line for over 1 hour with one junior at the desk, not one bag or check in was done. All staff abandoned desk and refused to talk to anybody at all. Crowd was angry and baying for blood. Found out our flight was also likely to be cancelled with no reason. I went to windows and noticed no planes from this pack of idiots anywhere so ran to LAN and bought two new tickets - yes, more expensive (plus I lost my other airfare) but perfect service. The lady from LAN told me it happens almost daily with Peruvian.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"the worst flight experience"

Verified Review | We had a 6:00 am flight from Cusco to Lima delayed and then cancelled. We were very understanding and had to go get new tickets at the counter. We waited in a very large line that was completely chaotic. People were cutting, we told security guards and employees and they did nothing. It was so frustrating. Passengers began to fight due to the lack of order and lack of organization. People who cut spent an hour holding up the line. It was the worst flight experience I have ever been a part of, and it was all at the ticket counter. We tried to tell the manager and he wouldn't speak to us. We wrote a complaint and I was almost in tears.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"never fly Peruvian Airlines again"

Verified Review | I was a victim of Peruvian Airlines too. On March 20, 2016 there was an aborted takeoff of a Peruvian Airlines flight 218 in Cuzco. All flights in and out where cancelled. Peruvian Airlines did not communicate anything to us. Peruvian Airlines checked is in and took our baggage for our flight late in the afternoon despite having "delayed" most previous flights that day. Our flight never made it to any departure board or gate sign. All announcements were in Spanish only and very few Peruvian Airlines customer service reps spoke enough English to answer questions. When we were able to find someone to communicate with, we received incorrect information. We were basically left on our own to follow masses of people running from one place to another as instructed in Spanish. To make a 21 hour long story shorter, after waiting a day in the Lima airport, Peruvian Airlines ended up sending people to hotels for a couple hours with instructions to be back at the airport at 2:30, 3:00 or 3:30am depending upon which Peruvian Airlines representative you talked to. Peruvian airlines could not find our luggage so we had to make due (Most people did manage to get their bags). Peruvian Airlines promised two additional flights for a 4:30am departure. We stood in line for another 5.5 hours and finally had a boarding pass with a departure time in the past (you can imagine my scepticism). We finally make it to Cuzco in the afternoon of the second day. One might give Peruvian Airlines a pass for poor contingency planning in the event of an aborted takeoff, but five days later, we had a similar experience with Peruvian Airlines on the return trip. Another day spent in the airport, flights delayed multiple times, poor communication from Peruvian airlines. Our connecting flight on another carrier was missed after 3 delays of our Peruvian Airlines flight. I am now in waiting in an airport lounge on Easter Sunday, my family back in the US. Thank you Peruvian Airlines! Fortunately United Airlines was able to change my return flight without any additional penalty. Unfortunately there isn't anything anyone can do to compensate me for lost time and stress. I will never fly Peruvian Airlines again. If you do, consider yourself fairly warned and plan for an additional day on each end of your travel dates.

"choose another airline"

We arrived at Cusco airport at 4:45am for a six o'clock Peruvian Airlines flight to Lima with connections to Chile. The flight was cancelled due to aircraft issues but they never announced the cancellation. Then they booked us on a later flight to Lima and told us we would have to find our next flight to Chile when we got at Lima. Terrible service and the seats are so cramped they are ridiculous. If you want on time service with more comfort choose another airline.
Date FlownMarch 2016

"don't want to pay us back"

(Costa Rica)

We had a delay for 5 hours with the excuse of bad weather at Lima. But when we where flying back from Cusco they cancelled our flight because of the bad weather, meanwhile LAN and Avianca were operating normally. Apparently Peruvian Airlines doesn't have a sofisticated GPS System that it's used for landing when there is fog. So that's the reason why they always have problems with bad weather. We had to buy new tickets with LAN, because Peruvian told us that we can be stuck in Cusco for a minimun Of 2 more days until they can get us space on a flight. We Had our flight Back to CR so We couldn't wait. Of course they don't want to pay us back the tickets, because they don't refund bad weather issues.
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"there were mechanical difficulties"

Peruvian Airlines motto is punctuality and service and they failed at both. The flight from Lima to Cusco was delayed due to "mechanical difficulties" we were told. A new time was given, which they failed to meet. The same thing happened when returning from Cusco to Lima. Again, told there were mechanical difficulties. This time the delay was four hours. Being given the same excuse twice led us to believe it was a standard line they gave passengers (weather is another). We found out later that what they were doing was pooling passengers. So if several flights were only half full, they bump people until they can get them all on one flight so they can save a buck. Outrageous. Not only that, some of the passengers had their flights changed from noon, to 2, to 3, to 5. Only to be told in the end that they wouldn't have a flight out of Cusco that day. I will never fly with Peruvian Airlines again, and I will tell all my friends and acquaintances of the poor service and intentional delays.

"seats are very cramped"

Flew Peruvian Airlines from Lima to Cusco, flight was delayed 7 hours. Flight from La Paz to Lima was delayed 6 hours. They appear to intentionally over-schedule and then combine flights as they please, leaving customers stranded at airports with little information and hours of delays. It's incredibly frustrating to watch all other flights take off while Peruvian seems utterly unconcerned about inconveniencing the customers. The fact that their slogan is "puntualidad y servicio" is some kind of joke. Seats are very cramped, and the flights have been shaky (although I'm unsure if that's because of the altitude and climate).
RouteLPB to LIM via CUZ

"was delayed 3 hours"

The worst airline. I bought Peruvian Airlines round trip tickets from Lima to Cusco. Upon flying to Cusco the flight was delayed 3 hours for weather when there was no weather problems at all. All other flights were leaving out to Cusco but mine, and caused me to miss my train from Cusco to Machu Picchu. When traveling back to Lima, the flight was scheduled to depart at 6 am. The crew casually strolled in at 8 am with letting anybody know and didn't leave until 10 am causing me to miss my flight from Lima to the states.