Peruvian Airlines

"you get what you pay for"

(Bolivia)

Unverified | La Paz to Lima via Cuzco. It's ironic that their slogan is "punctuality is our thing" while the only thing they can never get right is being on time. So if you have a connection flight that same day avoid this airline. In my case the flight was delayed "only" 1 hour so my connection with Copa scheduled 6 hours after the scheduled arrival went without problems, but as a regular user of La Paz airport I have seen flights delayed up to 6 hours(wich makes me a lucky man). The planes are quite old and doesn't look much taken care of, and the leg room is the smallest I have ever seen (and that includes regional jets!), their staff are ok, as long as you speak spanish(wich can cause problems in the stop in Cuzco and their crazy costums and inmigration proceedings) and the onboard service is ok taking count the trips are just an hour long each leg. Maybe is a case of you get what you pay for as their fares are most of the time much cheaper than LATAM or Avianca
RouteLa Paz to Lima via Cuzco
Date FlownOctober 2016

"staff seemed very disinterested"

Verified Review | Flew Peruvian Airlines from Arequipa to Lima. Departure was only slightly delayed (10 minutes). Plane was old, with uncomfortable seats. This was a short flight and OK overall, however staff seemed very disinterested and even rude (i.e. attendant sneered at me when I asked for milk in my coffee and generally smirked the whole way). The price was also quite high I find for a short trip. For these reasons I would choose another airline.
RouteArequipa to Lima
Date FlownApril 2017

"Peruvian Airlines are appalling"

Verified Review | Cuzco to Lima. Peruvian Airlines are appalling. First, my flight from Cuzco to Lima was delayed, causing me to miss my connecting Copa/United flight in Lima to New York City. I was aware this was going to happen, so enquired in Cuzco itself about being put on another flight, but that didn't happen. The Peruvian staff put me on the delayed flight anyway, saying that there were 20 other people with the same connecting flight as me, and that "Copa might wait" (Copa did no such thing). When I get to Lima at 1pm, it takes me over an hour at the counter to wait for a staffer to replace the Lima-NYC flight I missed. Copa/United didn't have flights before 2am the next day, so I figured Peruvian would do better at replacing my ticket on another airline, than I would replacing it myself through United. Instead, the woman handling my case comes back after an hour and sends me off to a hotel to wait for a call at 9pm to confirm my flying out with Copa at 2am on the same flight I had enquired with United about. Come 9pm, nothing happens. I call the number she gave me and received someone on the other line telling me to "wait for their call". I call back again at 11pm, and they said that I will likely only fly out the next day in the afternoon and would confirm at 9am. Call them at 9am, they said they were still waiting for a confirmation from United and would get one by 2pm. By 11am I had had enough and contacted United myself and begged them to let me replace my missed flight with no charge. I got a flight out for 10:30pm that night. Peruvian still hadn't contacted me by 8pm when I checked out of the hotel. This was yesterday, for me and I am pretty sure Peruvian would have happily let me fester in that hotel room for a week while they do god knows what with their time. Bottom line is, this is an airline to be avoided at all costs. They are so incompetent that you are very likely to encounter a delay or lost luggage. I would have happily paid double just to avoid this mess.
RouteCuzco to Lima

"delays were dreadful"

(Argentina)

Verified Review | Peruvian Airlines has a total lack of respect for the passengers travelling from Cusco to Lima, flight 0213. First of all, in Cusco Airport, the flight changed gates from 4 to 1 but every passenger was unaware until some of us saw the flight number in gate 1. The staff didn't even bother telling us about the change. Then, the boarding was delayed for half an hour. The flight was supposed to leave at 6:50 but the screens indicated we should board at 7:22. Once we got on the plane, another half an hour (or more) waiting inside with no explanation at all. When I descended from the plane, I asked the staff to introduce me to the pilot so I could ask what happened. They said he was "busy" and said they had problems with the air traffic control in Cusco, but they didn't say anything when I asked them why they hadn't explained it to the passengers: we were all looking at each other wondering what was going on and no one of the staff was around. The top of the cherry: once we got to Lima, the luggage was supposed to arrive at 9:22 to the baggage belts (we arrived at the airport around 9:05). The luggage didn't arrive at 9:22, obviously, but the biggest problem was that there was only one person from the airline that couldn't handle the situation at all. He didn't know what to say, didn't offer an apology and never explained clearly what had happened to our luggage. We left the airport of Lima at 10:05 with our bags that came with another flight's bags, on another baggage belt (not the one that was indicated) and at more than 45 minutes after we arrived. Not only the delays were dreadful, but also the staff didn't offer explanations and never apologised for all the inconveniences.
Date FlownApril 2017

"most unreliable airline encountered "

Verified Review | This airline is unreliable and has ruined two days of our holiday with significant delays. Our flight from Lima to La Paz left 6 hours after the scheduled departure time. The last hour of this was spent on the plane sitting at the gate. They boarded us and did not leave for another hour. Then the return leg from La Paz to Cusco was also 4 hours late and we still do not have a departure time. 2 days ruined sitting in airports. There are no staff to provide updates and calls to the Peruvian call centre do not enlighten the situation. Basically they have no idea themselves when their planes will leave. This is an appalling airline to be avoided if at all possible. They do not care about the inconvenience caused and the impact it has on their customers. Unfortunately we have one more flight with this airline but have already started to investigate alternatives. Without exception the most unreliable airline I have encountered anywhere in the world.
RouteLa Paz to Cusco

"communication was terrible"

Verified Review | Firstly the flight time was changed without notification and then the incoming aircraft was late. Then despite other aircraft's taking off, the captain was refusing to fly because of the weather. Then they said we could fly but only if there were 30 volunteers to take tomorrow's flight because the load was too heavy to fly. None of this was communicated by an official announcement. Communication was terrible. Eventually the plane departed 5 hours late. Because my connecting international flight was on 'final call' when we arrived the ground staff promised to send my luggage on to my next airline. I caught my flight just before the doors closed after running through the airport. Now my luggage is missing and I have heard nothing from Peruvian and they do not respond to my communications. Shockingly bad.
Date FlownMarch 2017

"unpleasant and terrible experience"

(Hong Kong)

Unverified | La Paz to Lima via Cusco. My husband and I had the most unpleasant and terrible experience with Peruvian Airlines. We booked flight number P9 330 flying out from La Paz, Bolivia at 10.40 to Lima, Peru. We knew the plane would stop in Cusco for about half an hour. We each got one boarding pass and were told at the counter to collect our checked bags in Lima. Our seats were 21E and 21F, at the back of the plane. There were altogether 3 female flight attendants, one was more senior and was alright. The other two flight attendants (one younger, one older) were sitting at the back when the plane took off. We asked one flight attendant at the back (the older one) whether we need to leave the plane when arriving at Cusco. She spoke English, which was not even marginally understandable. She just replied, Cusco, and we could not understand other words that she was mumbling. When that same flight attendant served drinks, her attitude was like she did not want to work and serve customers. When I said "coffee with milk please", she replied "no milk" impatiently. When the plane touched down in Cusco, some passengers were still in their seats while others were picking their bags. My husband asked one flight attendant at the back (the younger one, not the one that served drinks) and said we were heading to Lima and "do we need to leave the plane?". That younger flight attendant told my husband to "remain seated". We therefore remained seated, thinking that other passengers were leaving because their destination was Cusco. Then, after a few minutes, the flight attendant (the older one, who served us drinks and had a bad attitude all along) came to us and said, in a very rude tone, "I told you to go out!". I asked if we need to bring our bags and she replied, without any patience, "take all your personal belongings!" Again, in a very rude way, like we were told off! For Christ's sake, we were the customers and I just cannot believe that this was the service that an airline would deliver! I was angry and told her that her attitude could be much better and this was very bad service. She just went back to her seat at the back. We left the plane, and there was a long queue at the immigration counter. No one told us we need to go through the immigration and customs in Cusco (as we only had a very short stop in Cusco and we're heading to Lima). If not because some very kind passengers allowed us to go through the immigration first, we would have missed our flight to Lima. As we only got one boarding pass at La Paz, after customs in Cusco, we did not know there was a new flight number and which departure gate was our flight. We had to ask around before queuing up to board the plane. When we arrived at Lima, we did not know the new flight number and had to guess before we collected our checked bags. Until then, we came to know the flight from Cusco to Lima was flight number P9 218. I am a frequent traveller but this was the first time that I travelled to Peru and Bolivia. It really struck me that the arrangements for such a short (half an hour) stop could be that bad, particularly when one flight attendant asked us to remain seated on the plane while another flight attendant rudely demanded us to go out! This is also the first time that I came across a flight attendant who is so impolite, rude and so bad-mannered. It is totally unacceptable. We are extremely disappointed by the services provided.
RouteLa Paz to Lima via Cusco
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"communication was appalling"

Verified Review | I was deeply disappointed with Peruvian Airlines. So much so that If I can I'll avoid using them again in the future. My flights were Lima to Cusco return. On both occasions flights were delayed. Cusco - Lima over 4hrs. The communication regarding the delays was appalling. As a seasoned traveler I would have been pacified if I knew the real reason for the delays. Unfortunately the information was not forthcoming.
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"switched our itinerary 3 times"

Verified Review | Prior to our flight from Lima to Cusco, Peruvian Airlines switched the departure, which fortunately didn't cause an issue. Now, while in Cusco we received an e-mail telling us that the airline has pushed back our return trip back by 3 hours, meaning we will not make our connection back from Lima to the US. They have switched our itinerary 3 times now, which is not something I've experienced on any other airline. I'm currently trying to switch the flight to return on an earlier flight, so wish me luck! Also, the seats on the plane have the least leg room I've ever seen. It's a joke!
RouteLIM to CUS
Date FlownDecember 2016

"very bad experience"

Verified Review | La Paz to Cusco. Very bad experience. The flight (August 18th, planned at 10.40 am) was more than 4 hours late. No explanation was given by people at the desk for check-in, which by the way hardly speaks English (what a shame for an international flight). We were given a voucher for breakfast but no voucher for lunch because it was not confirmed that the plane was more than 4 hours late (4 hours being the deadline for giving the voucher for lunch). Very conveniently for Peruvian Airlines, they did not give the voucher although the plane was more than 4 hours late. Then, in the aircraft, there was not one single apology for the delay. Avoid this company.
RouteLPB to CUZ