Pegasus Airlines

Review by (United Kingdom) 18th June 2015

First time I have flown with them and probably the last. I travelled with my wife and toddler. We thought it would be best if we boarded the plane empty handed so put our hand luggage with our check in bags. At the counter, we were 25kg under our allowance but they did not allow hand luggage weight to be added to check in bags so we were 0.6kg over our limit. They already had a counter set up next to our check in desk and insisted we pay £11 or remove something. I had to open up the bag and pull another pair of trousers and a tshirt on! This was on front of all others waiting to check in. In the aeroplane, the seats lacked leg room, very uncomfortable. The cabin crew were miserable.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteLondon to Istanbul

Review by (United States) 12th June 2015

We flew from Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen airport) to Dalaman (and from Izmir to Sobeha Gokcen for the return). Our experience was generally positive. On time. Pleasant staff. One issue: the bag weight limit is only 8 kg so virtually all roller boards must be checked. We paid extra to get a confirmed seat and early boarding, but in one case entry to the plane was via shuttle bus, so the early-on extra cost was of questionable value.
RouteIstanbul (Sobeha Gokcen) to Dalaman

Review by (United Kingdom) 6th June 2015

We flew from Newcastle to Dalaman on 25 May and returned on 1 June. I was a bit anxious after reading the reviews. The first surprise was the newish plane the seats were very comfortable which felt like soft leather (not material) with plenty legroom. The crew were very pleasant and friendly and seemed to go out of their way to be helpful to a couple of passengers who wanted to swop seats. The return flight was the same and both flights were spot on time. I would definitely fly with Pegasus again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 4th June 2015

Arrived at Stansted airport to be told that the UK flight to Istanbul was delayed by three quarters of an hour so I would miss my connecting flight. The next available flight to my destination was in two days. In the meantime I would need to pay for my visa entry to Turkey and would be left stranded at an airport hotel 25 miles from the city centre. All staff at Pegasus in Turkey were very rude. I received no apology and was told that if I didn't want such problems I shouldn't 'fly budget'. Needless to say when I got my replacement flight none of the food nor the extra legroom I had booked were transferred to the 5 hour replacement flight.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th May 2015

We flew from London Stanstead via Istanbul eventually heading to Dubai with an 1 hr 40 mins stop over in Istanbul. The flight from London was delayed for 1.5 hrs sitting in a hot plane with no information given no updates - nothing. Food wise there is a menu provided but apparently nothing on the menu is available on both flights I took (London to Istanbul and Istanbul to Dubai) - what's the point of that exactly?. Eventually we landed in Istanbul over 2 hours late hungry and thirsty with no time to buy any thing to eat at the airport we had to run from one end of the airport to another so we wouldn't miss our flight.

Review by (Portugal) 2nd May 2015

Had a return flight with them last April from Istanbul-Kayseri and despite being the only experience with Pegasus I can consider it the best LCC that I have had the opportunity to fly. New aircraft very friendly crew (in contrast with overall rude airport staff in Turkey) great prices and adding baggage/meal and allocated seat with a upgrade it is very good value for a small fee in comparison with other LCC. I recommend Pegasus.

Review by (Turkey) 20th March 2015

Have yet to have a flight without issue whether it be delays with boarding procedures constant delays due to late arrivals or equipment failure. They claim to be an International Carrier however 3 time in the last 2 months there has been issues with flights transiting SAW Istanbul airport and they have been unable to provide an English speaking staff member to consult with passengers. Pegasus Staff at SAW are rude. Compared to other low cost carriers I regularly fly unless you absolutely have to use them my advise is catch a bus ride a bike or walk before flying Pegasus Airlines.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th March 2015

Flew with Pegasus as part of a package holiday to Bodrum I was a little apprehensive as I am not the best flyer and had never heard of the airline. Plane was new and modern on both trips and the staff were great language a bit of a barrier but there English was better than my Turkish. I would recommend this airline to anyone as I have flown with the package airlines i.e. Thomson First Choice Thomas Cook and this little airline blew them out of the water the seat space as standard far excels them.

Review by (Netherlands) 9th March 2015

My trip from Antalya to Amsterdam via Istanbul with Pegasus was very bad and disappointing. The expected transfer time of one hour in Istanbul was one hour. Arrival at Istanbul was one hour late because of a one hour delay at Antalya. The connecting flight was already closed at arrival. On arrival in Istanbul staff informed me I should not expect to travel to Amsterdam that evening and would be booked on a flight the next day. Hours of arranging papers at the airport to arrange for a stay in a hotel in Istanbul and waiting for nothing. Very unprofessional personnel at the airport. Trip next day was a bad experience again long queues all over improper gate changes. Very bad experience indeed.

Review by (Switzerland) 18th February 2015

Before departure was a nightmare. Not sure Pegasus has all the responsibility. Flight Izmir - Ankara. Plane was at the gate. At schedule boarding time boarding announcement in terminal. But nothing happened. The Pegasus Gate Staff stayed 5 minutes and left. He just came back 10 minutes after schedule departure time. During this time we had all boarding and final boarding announcement in terminal screen even showed "flight closed". When he came back we simply been told the flight couldn't depart due to technical problems we had to wait for another aircraft coming from Istanbul. we even received a message from Pegasus saying flight would now depart at 20.40 2h late. Again at 20.10 new schedule boarding time we again had announcement for boarding. But we still had no plane. The airplane only landed at 20.45 and finally departed 2.30 late. No clear information given during this time as said staff disappeared letting us alone at the gate without any information. However when we could finally board and go cabin staff were nice professional smiling and service was great. But ground service is a nightmare.