top100_2016

Pegasus Airlines

"service good, though minimal"

(Kyrgyzstan)

Verified Review | Check-in - there were lines but it went smoothly, woman at counter seemed newer but was helpful and got everything in order for us through to Zurich. Strict on 8kg for cabin baggage. Flight on-schedule from Bishkek to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Zurich, airplanes clean, service good, though minimal. Seats a bit small, ordered food served promptly - good portions, tasty and filling. All luggage made it in very good condition. Definitely 4-star out of 5.
RouteFRU to ZRH via IST
Date FlownJune 2016

"check-in lines were long"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Prague with Pegasus Airlines. Checked in online but it doesn't matter as there are no special lines for bag drop. The check-in lines were long. The boarding process is chaotic. There was no organization at all. The cabin crew was adequate. The plane was clean. The flight was punctual.
RouteIST to PRG
Date FlownJune 2016

"definitely not recommended"

London Gatwick to Istanbul. I arrived at Gatwick for my Pegasus Airlines Istanbul flight. I had flown in from Istanbul 10 days earlier with no problem. At Gatwick the flight did not show on the departure board and there was no Pegasus rep there either. I contacted them by telephone and was told that the flight was cancelled. They also said that they had told me (which they hadn't or I would not have been there). The only option they could suggest was that I get to Stansted for their flight from there later that day. I spent three hours on the bus in horrendous weather and eventually boarded their flight from there. We landed in Istanbul just as my connecting flight to Dubai (on another airline) was taking off. With my original plan I had five hours between flights. The main airport hotel was full (this was 2200hrs). I had to buy a new ticket with my onward airline for their next flight which was 30 hours later. What an utter shambles with no apologies at all from Pegasus. They also told me that my return flight had been cancelled before my original departure from Dubai so I fail to understand why I was not told when I checked in for the Istanbul-London flight. Definitely not recommended.
RouteLGW to SAW
Date FlownApril 2016

"communication was terrible"

Verified Review | London to Bodrum via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. There were 4 passengers on our booking plus we were travelling with friends making a total of 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 children. Due to the delay with the first leg, we missed our connection onto Bodrum and although this was an annoyance, it does happen but we do feel that the way in which the whole situation was handled was appalling. The communication between Pegasus and stranded passengers was terrible and left a lot to be desired. When we were delayed in Gatwick, 2 of us enquired separately about the transferring flight in Istanbul and both of us were told by the gate staff that the transferring flight would wait for us. This was obviously a lie. Also, as we thought we’d be arriving in Bodrum but delayed, I didn’t have time to cancel the private transfer we had booked from Bodrum and had to pay for this twice so 100 GBP total. On arrival at Istanbul, the chaotic scenes and confusion was very stressful for us especially as we were travelling with children who were tired, upset and hungry. The waiting around was unacceptable and the organisation of the situation by Pegasus was awful. On top of all this, on the flight to Bodrum the next day, our daughter was separated from us some 10 rows ahead even though we had paid for the privilege of choosing our own seats on the original booking. Then, the flight attendant wanted to charge us for the food that again we had already paid for in our bundle even after explaining to her the situation and showing her the booking confirmation. There were extra cost incurred due to the airlines fault and they refuse to compensate us.
RouteLGW to BJV via SAW
Date FlownMay 2016

"worst experience without comparison"

(Sweden)

Copenhagen to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. First of all it was delayed so we missed our connecting flight and had to wait 5 hours for the next in Istanbul. The pre-ordered pre-paid food did not come. We asked both in Copenhagen and Istanbul and were assured our food would be there. The staff on the flight did not care. They did not want to help. We proved we had paid food but they said we have to email Pegasus for a return of money and buy food onboard. We could not get food for the amount we already paid. The email was sent a week ago and still no reply. I will never fly with this company again and I advice everyone to choose another company. They are not serious. The airport they dump people is not the ordinary airport but a small place with only few toilets that are not even clean. If you want to have a good vacation, don't travel with Pegasus. I have traveled a lot but this was my worst experience without comparison.
RouteCPH to TLV via SAW
Date FlownMay 2016

"never fly Pegasus again"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Dubai via Istanbul. I flew on three Pegasus flights within 7 days. All were awful. The worst thing is the ridiculous limited weight for both checked and carry-on baggage. Carry-on is limited to 8kg (my small suitcase empty is 6kg). I weighed, transferred things to checked baggage, and re-weighed several times to meet the restriction. Then when checking in, even though my carry-on bag only weighed 7.2kg (which was perfectly visible on the scale), the Pegasus agent kept insisting that my bag was 2kg overweight. When I asked how much the extra weight (which she couldn't understand was actually below 8kg), she shrugged her shoulders. It was complete incompetence. Finally her supervisor explained that the weight was fine. Fortunately, a fellow passenger told me that a passenger could carry on a second bag that wasn't even weighed! So, naturally, I put my heaviest items in my extra bag - only to return the heavy items to my carry-on bag right after it had been weighed. The whole thing felt like harassment and was totally absurd! I went through this hassle on each of the three flights. Finally, nothing on board is without cost. Not even a drink of water is provided. I'll never fly Pegasus again, and I don't recommend that anyone do so.
RouteTLV to DXB via SAW

"I wouldn't recommend"

(Greece)

Athens to Dubai via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. Worst flight experience. The cabin crew were the rudest I've ever experienced. There was a delay on the first flight from Athens of around 3 hours. When I had to return there was a delay of 8 hours and then the flight was cancelled. Eventually we flew again the next day in the afternoon. There was no manager or anybody from the company in Dubai. After almost 10 hours of being in the airport they took us to a hotel to sleep and there was chaos before and after this. Pegasus is a low fare company but I wouldn't recommend to anybody as they can be really unprofessional and ruin your trip.
RouteATH to DXB via IST
Date FlownDecember 2015

"everything turn to nightmare"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | We booked the trip from Stockholm to Istanbul via Amsterdam with KLM, we checked the weight allowed, and hand baggage with one accessory may weigh max 12 kg. We start our trip from Stockholm without any problem but once we get to Amsterdam everything turn to nightmare, with this next flight to Istanbul operated by Pegasus, and person from Pegasus weighs hand baggage. He first stopped my wife and told her that she has 10 kg and need to pay 50 Euro to check in the hand baggage but when my daughter start to argue with him by explaining that we booked this trip with KLM and our departure was from Stockholm, this person was rude and forced us to check in my daughter baggage as well - in total we paid 100 Euro.
RouteARN to SAW via AMS
Date FlownMarch 2016

"a really cheap ticket"

Verified Review | In September 2015 I did a short Istanbul to Dalaman round trip. Granted my flight was short so I didn't feel too numb from the narrow seats, but it was a really cheap ticket and I did not experience any delays. Pegasus is very strict about how much you can bring and not, but my experience has been better than other low cost carrier (EasyJet, Ryanair) and I've yet to see rudeness from the crew. The attendants are swift in service (which makes sense because you will be paying some extra money). As I like to try airline food, I ordered their beef steak and for around 12USD, I thought it was a decent dinner. Basically, the service compared to major US carriers, the seat size being less in Pegasus, which isn't amazing on these other carriers either.
RouteSAW to DLM
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"appalling catalogue of events"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh via Istanbul Gokcen. In all my time flying I have never experienced such an appalling catalogue of events as I did with Pegasus Airlines. BA cancelled my flight to Sharm el Sheikh and I had to book Pegasus Airlines for a lot of money for a no frills product. At Baggage Drop Off at LGW, despite my having a boarding pass I was unable to be processed. After two hours I was finally entered onto the flight manifest by Pegasus. At that time I was also advised that my return flight would not land at LGW but at Stansted Airport. There was only availability for a flight returning to LGW five days earlier as I had parked my car at LGW and there were no flights available after my return date. So upon my return, after a night of very little sleep I had to take public transport form Stansted to Gatwick to collect my car and drive home. As Pegasus Airlines is a Turkish airline and not a European airline they treat customers with little respect. The telephone manner of the airline assistants is of a very poor standard indeed. I cannot recommend Pegasus Airlines at all and I will never fly with them ever again. By the way, I did not receive any advance email advise for the change of circumstances or an apology.
RouteLGW to SSH via SAW