Vote Now

Pegasus Airlines

"seats are not comfortable"

(Qatar)

Istanbul to Doha with Pegasus Airlines. The price was really good and purchasing the ticket online was a breeze. I could hardly understand the announcements made in English as the crew was speaking too fast. This was a 4-hour flight (scheduled to depart at 2240 hrs and arrive at 0230 hrs) however, the cabin lights were only slightly dimmed throughout the flight and it was difficult to get some sleep. Air conditioning was very weak for most of the flight and seats are not comfortable.
RouteSAW to DOH
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff were all excellent"

Verified Review | Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to London Gatwick. I was very reluctant to buy a return ticket to Istanbul from Pegasus Airlines, after reading some of the previous reviews. But as it most suited the day and times I wanted to travel, I decided to try them. I have been flying for over 40 years and could not find any fault with Pegasus Airlines. The communication, easy booking, timekeeping and the staff were all excellent on my both journeys. For an economy Airline, I can only say well done.
RouteSAW to LGW
Date FlownDecember 2016

"would not recommend it"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | I had a connected flight ticket from Amsterdam to Zaporizhya via Istanbul SAW. The flight from Amsterdam to Istanbul was fine, but then my flight to Zaporizhya was cancelled. Airline representative in Istanbul SAW airport was not so friendly and didn't want to speak English, when only few of passengers could understand Turkish and helped to understand to others what's going on. Representatives said the reason why flight is cancelled was the weather issue in Zaporizhya, however contacting my relatives in Zaporizhya I've heard that the weather was fine. The procedure of taking all of us out to the hotel from the airport took more then 4 hours, with lots off stress. For the main question "When will we have the flight to Zaporizhya?" no one of representatives did not give a clean answer. Someone said - "you can change your ticket and fly to Kharkov and then go back to Zaporizhya by yourself, without any provided transport from the airlines", someone said - "don't worry your flight will be arranged next day at 13:00". Also many passengers received the text message with apologies from Pegasus Airlines about cancelled flight due weather issues and that there will be a flight next day at 13:00. The next day when all passengers checked out of the HolidayInn hotel the receptionist gave the information that there won't be a flight to Zaporizhya and we have to check in again and stay in the hotel another night. So far the passengers and me included still in Istanbul waiting for another changes. I'm very disappointed with Pegasus Airlines service and would not recommend it, unless you don't mind to waste couple of your days for your trip.
RouteAMS to OZH via SAW
Date FlownNovember 2016

"crew were lovely"

Verified Review | This is a budget airline, but with that in mind, I didn't have any problems with Pegasus Airlines. I paid USD $65 from London Gatwick to Istanbul-S.Gokcen direct flight. Flight left and arrived on time, the crew were lovely and accommodating to my needs and they spoke English. Refreshments were available on the flight for purchase but I always plan ahead and had my own food on me. There was no in flight entertainment available but then again it's not that long of a flight and to be honest it is a budget airline and as such what was available was what I expected. I would fly with them again.
RouteL;GW to SAW
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seat was quite annoying"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Antalya to Frankfurt via Istanbul SAW with Pegasus Airlines. The seat was quite annoying but it can be accepted because of the cheap flight ticket price. The food, which was a sandwich, was a bit bad. But we arrieved early.
RouteAYT to FRA via SAW
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"crew not very helpful"

Stansted to Ercan via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. First crew not very helpful and hardly spoke English at all. The Pegasus Cafe booklet shows if you buy 2 bottles of JP Chenet it will cost you 10 euros for the 2. We wanetd 2 bottles of white. There was no white wine left by the time the crew got to us and we were only in row 7. So we asked for 1 rose and 1 red but according to the very arrogant young man we could not have them both at the cheaper price. He said you can have 2 white and he could not understand that he had no white left that's why we asked for the other 2. I know it should not bother me but it is a matter of principle as on the way back we asked if we had 2 different ones would we get the cheaper price and was told yes of course. The rudeness of the crew did not help the situation. In fact the flight left Stansted 1.5 hours late. Somebody stayed on the plane at Istanbul instead of getting off which caused another further delay as the headcount had to be done 4 times and by then the pilot had missed his take-off time and we eventually arrived at our hotel at 12.30 in the morning from a 1.30pm take off flight. Never again would we go with Pegasus.
RouteSTN to ECN via SAW

"avoid at all costs"

Verified Review | London Stansted to Gazipasa via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. Appalled by the lack of updates and poor customer service. Flight was supposed to be at 1.20pm, having checked in at 11am left plenty of time. Finally told at 1.30pm we were delayed until 1.45pm, however we didn't board until 2.10pm making us over an hour late taking off with a flight connection in Istanbul a worry. When we we finally arrived at Istanbul late, there was no information as to exactly where to go and passport control was backed up. Despite asking various airport officials for help as we were late, no one wanted to know or could offer help. We were still queues in in passport control at 8.15pm. We finally got through and asked where to get our next boarding pass and to say Pegasus were unhelpful is an understatement. We were told basically tough we had missed the flight and sent round and round in circles. My husband eventually managed to find a helpful supervisor at the Pegasus desk, around 11.00pm who initially told us our luggage was in Gazipasa and that they may be able to get us on flight to Antalya but getting our luggage was down to us. Something we explained wasn't as this whole nightmare scenario was down to Pegasus. We had lost money paying for a transfer on the night from Gazipasa and would have to pay again after the next flight too. Anyway we were then told that we could be put on next morning flight to Gazipasa. Finally we were transferred to a little hotel and got there for about 2 hours sleep, finally reaching our destination Sunday morning. This has caused so much distress and ruined our experience of Pegasus travel, as they have no back up service and don't care. We also weren't the only ones put in this situation by Pegasus. Avoid them at all costs.
RouteSTN to GZP via SAW
Date FlownOctober 2016

"cabin crew were the best"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | I fly between Ankara and Istanbul regularly every week due to my job. I fly with Pegasus Airlines 80% of the time due to their low fares. I am usually satisfied with their service, since I do not have high expectations, because I pay next to nothing to fly on their planes. My fight tonight from Istanbul to Ankara was an exception though, in the sense that I was overwhelmed with the quality of the service I received. The plane itself was a new A320Neo (you could literally smell the new car smell); and on top of that the cabin crew were the best that I have experience. They were all smiles at all times, but professional when it came to enforcing flight rules. I cannot conceive better travel conditions at these rock-bottom rates
RouteIST to ESB
Date FlownOctober 2016

"never been so disappointed"

Verified Review | Dubai to Dusseldorf via Istanbul Sabiha. I have never been so disappointed with any company. The flight was supposed to leave at 04:20 but was being delayed several times. Every time the provision of information was below par, one employee of the airport/Pegasus came to explain what was going on to a couple of passengers who would then (or not) spread the information to the other passengers. This went on until about 9 in the morning when the news spread that the flight had been cancelled and that our luggage would be returned to us. Again, we only heard this information from other passengers. All we were left with was a phone number which was of course not available. As we had to go back home on that date we saw no other way than to book an expensive replacement flight. As the service number did not work we sent an email to Pegasus customer service to which we never had a reply. The next day, when we were already back home, I received an email wishing us a good flight on the 5th August from Dubai to Dusseldorf. No-one had ever communicated with us that we were booked on a flight from Dubai to Dusseldorf, this was the first time we found out. This is exemplary for how Pegasus communicates with its customers, or how it fails to communicate. The next step was to get back the ticket prices we paid, we were entitled to a compensation and on the phone Pegasus agreed to transfer this money back to us within a week. After two weeks, no money had been transferred, I contacted the customer service by mail asking for the money. First they said that I agreed not to ask for any compensation (why would I do that?), after a couple of mails back and forth they finally agreed to transfer the money and asked for my bank details. This has now been over a month and despite several calls and emails no-one has ever properly replied to me.
RouteDXB to DUS via SAW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"awful service received onboard"

London Gatwick to Dalaman with Pegasus Airlines. Awful service received onboard - staff are so rude and unhelpful and walk away or point blank ignore you when you ask. There is more room on a washing line peg than there is on this airline - they clearly pack as many people as possible. No inflight entertainment on a 4.5 hour flight. I will never use this airline again.
RouteLGW to DLM