Top 100 Airlines

Pegasus Airlines

"would fly with them again"

Manchester to Dalaman and we had no problems. They didn't even weigh our hand luggage. Only had delay of 40 mins as they missed the slot. Cabin crew ok but limited English which didn't bother us. Flight back was also good left on time back to Manchester but had to wait 20 mins to get of flight - not Pegasus fault, but the airport and the captain was very humorous about the wait which made it better. I would fly with them again.
RouteMAN to DLM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"do not order any online extras"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Do not order any online extras next to your ticket, or if you do – make printscreens of your online orders and print your ticket details/receipt. Although I saw in Skytrax reviews that this airline has serious issues with keeping up with extra services that people paid for, I decided to give them a try. I booked the tickets online from the Pegasus website and chose the most expensive package available called “Ekstra” with flexible change/cancellation rules, seat selection, 25kg baggage, and hot meal with drink. I made online check-in and dropped the baggage, and everything was smooth in the airport, except that the flight was delayed and took off 00.15 (instead of scheduled 23.15), which was the case with most of the flights in SAW airport that night. I had no issues with my pre-selected seat 2F, however when purchasing online it was advertised as wider seat with more leg space, while in fact the seat was of the same width like all other seats and the legroom was nothing extra – it is simply the first row on right-hand of the plane so no seats in front of you. I would not recommend paying extra for the seat. As soon as plane took off, I was served the pre-ordered hot meal (schnitzel). The cabin crew refused to serve me the free drink, although I had paid for it online. They claimed that drinks were not included in the package “Ekstra”, although when I bought the package online, a drink was listed as free and I even made a printscreen of package details and showed it to the attendant. We argued for at least 5 minutes about the drink (while my hot meal was getting cold). I provided them with my ticket details (sent by Pegasus to my email), but apparently that .pdf file only mentions that a hot meal is included (no explicit mention of a drink). When I claimed that “Ekstra” package includes drink and showed the printscreen, the attendant started arguing that since August 15 the Pegasus policy has changed and no free drinks are issued next to food anymore. Only when I insisted and after I had provided my ticket receipt (with purchase date on August 8), did the attendant conceded and give me a free drink. By the way, both Pegasus journal and inflight menu advertise that if I purchase schnitzel menu and a drink (which I did online), I should get free coffee/tea or water. Of course, that did not happen, and I did not want to fight again over coffee as I just did over cola. I have return flight waiting, and I guess I should be ready for a meal fight again.
RouteSAW to LWO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"no regard for customer service"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Istanbul. Appalling service, no regard for customer service. Original flight was delayed taking off by 85 minutes due to delays in loading baggage, as a result missed take off slot. Given a cup of water. Had three children plus two adults. Information being given by pilot and flight crew was virtually non existent and despite flying out of London, with majority english speakers, was mainly in Turkish. I know this is Turkeys equivalent of a budget airline, but Ryanair or Easyjet are a million times better. As a result of the delay, missed my connection, then the alternative flight was also delayed by almost 2hours. No free food, meals, drinks etc. But when a fellow passenger wanted to purchase a drink it took over an hour! They forgot about the meals and drinks I purchased. There must be some repercussions for this level of incompetency and unprofessionalism.
RouteLGW to SAW
Date FlownAugust 2016

"no interest in helping the customer"

(Norway)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Amman via Ankara. They had no interest in helping the customer as in my case. I did a purchase for the same ticket two times by mistake, the reason is an email I got after purchasing the first ticket says the payment did not succeed wich I understood as an unsuccessfull purchase. So I did a mistake and purchased again but I found that the email is a routine reply they send after each purchase and I do not understand why. So I ended up with two tickets. I cancelled the first one and lost 80% of what I paid (850 Euros). A terrible experience, and I promise not to travel with this Company again.
RouteSAW to AMM via ESB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"their website is absolutely terrible"

Erbil to Ankara. I have heard good things about Pegasus Airlines which is why I chose to go with them. One of the best things was that I could purchase additional luggage online. However, their website is absolutely terrible. I could not purchase anything ahead of time, despite the many many links listed to do so. I could not purchase my ticket through their website, but had to do via kayak.com. I may have heard good things, but the website alone is enough to make me never want to fly with them again.
RouteEBL to ESB
Date FlownJuly 2016

"service was below average"

Verified Review | Cologne to Tehran via Istanbul. This is the first time my husband and I flew Pegasus Airlines and we think we will not fly them anymore ever again. The customer service was below average, the seats are tight and we are having problem with our inclusive meal in every sector of our flight. We have bought the Advantage package, which includes 30 kg luggage, seat selection and Sandwich + Beverage. None of the flight sector accepted our claiming of food because they said it was not shown in their list and we should have book it in advance online. But there was no function or page online that allows us to choose our sandwich. The crew does not even know what is included in the Package, seems like their knowledge our company's products is limited. I wrote an email to the customer service to solve this issue one week before our flight back to Cologne as there is no Pegasus office in Tehran. Unfortunately, they only reply my email today, which is 2 days after my return flight! The customer service just wrote a short 2 sentences email and told me that no food to be served on Tehran flight. But the whole case was not just Tehran, it was all the sectors! I have attached the booking page screen shot here, there was no where mentioning that we food was not included in Tehran flight which is what they are claiming, not even in our printed itinerary! The sandwich does not cost much of money and we are not petty about a sandwich, but the fact is we have paid for it and they should offer us the service that we have paid for! Below are the summaries of our flight experience with Pegasus: Cologne to Istanbul: Flight delayed due to the coup crisis in Istanbul (our bad luck!) but the ground staff handled the situation well. The crew on board were OK, the legroom is acceptable at this point. No food can be claimed according to crew as they don't have us in their list. Istanbul to Tehran: Crews were rude and unfriendly. Narrow legroom and seats are tight. No food can be claimed again. Tehran to Istanbul: Crews were OK. Narrow legroom and seats are tight. The representative from Tehran took our name and said she will settle the food problem for us, but when we were on board, no food can be claimed again. Istanbul to Cologne: Crews were OK. Narrow legroom and seats are tight. No food can be claimed again. There was a little girl sitting behind us and has been kicking our seat from the back for like 4 hours and she wouldn't stop even we complained to the mother and the stewardess even talked to the mother. The mother didn't care at all! This is the worst flight sector ever. We had the same problem with little kids behind us when we flew Turkish Airlines from Istanbul back to Frankfurt last year. I don't think this is the right was of operating an airline. Pegasus should consider changing their online system to be more user friendly and retrain their staff and crews about the products of the company.
RouteCGN to IKA via SAW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"have to make their own arrangements"

Verified Review | My flight from Bodrum to Manchester on 06/06/2016 was cancelled by Pegasus. I found out about this cancellation via my transfer company on 05/06/2016. Contacting the Airline I was told I could only fly back to the UK by using either Stansted or Gatwick. I was told by the call center staff that I would be compensated for my onward travel from Gatwick. On arrival at Bodrum airport for the 11am Gatwick flight it was a shambles, the 7am Gatwick flight had been cancelled and everyone was using the 11am flight. People had arrived at the Airport from around 3am in the morning to get the 7am flight. Several passengers were told there was no room on the plane and they would have to fly to Istanbul and make their own arrangements to get back to the UK. My only option on arrival at Gatwick was to get a train home costing me £108. I have tried contacting them via their website, no joy there. The UK helpline is a waste of time. Managed to get help from their PR company in the UK who did their best. At no stage has anyone said the word sorry.
RouteBJV to MAN
Date FlownJune 2016

"service good, though minimal"

(Kyrgyzstan)

Verified Review | Check-in - there were lines but it went smoothly, woman at counter seemed newer but was helpful and got everything in order for us through to Zurich. Strict on 8kg for cabin baggage. Flight on-schedule from Bishkek to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Zurich, airplanes clean, service good, though minimal. Seats a bit small, ordered food served promptly - good portions, tasty and filling. All luggage made it in very good condition. Definitely 4-star out of 5.
RouteFRU to ZRH via IST
Date FlownJune 2016

"check-in lines were long"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Istanbul to Prague with Pegasus Airlines. Checked in online but it doesn't matter as there are no special lines for bag drop. The check-in lines were long. The boarding process is chaotic. There was no organization at all. The cabin crew was adequate. The plane was clean. The flight was punctual.
RouteIST to PRG

"definitely not recommended"

London Gatwick to Istanbul. I arrived at Gatwick for my Pegasus Airlines Istanbul flight. I had flown in from Istanbul 10 days earlier with no problem. At Gatwick the flight did not show on the departure board and there was no Pegasus rep there either. I contacted them by telephone and was told that the flight was cancelled. They also said that they had told me (which they hadn't or I would not have been there). The only option they could suggest was that I get to Stansted for their flight from there later that day. I spent three hours on the bus in horrendous weather and eventually boarded their flight from there. We landed in Istanbul just as my connecting flight to Dubai (on another airline) was taking off. With my original plan I had five hours between flights. The main airport hotel was full (this was 2200hrs). I had to buy a new ticket with my onward airline for their next flight which was 30 hours later. What an utter shambles with no apologies at all from Pegasus. They also told me that my return flight had been cancelled before my original departure from Dubai so I fail to understand why I was not told when I checked in for the Istanbul-London flight. Definitely not recommended.
RouteLGW to SAW