Pegasus Airlines

"absolute worst airline"

(Hungary)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Budapest. This is the absolute worst airline i have ever flown. I was standing in the ticket check in line (the line where they check your ticket to let you through the gate) for one and a half hours. The flight ended up delayed by 2 hours which made me miss my other flight from Budapest to Marrakech. And when i asked them for a refund they tell me that it's not their responsibility as my second flight was with another airline.
RouteIstanbul to Budapest
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never travel this awful airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Istanbul to Athens. If you can afford to pay a bit more never travel on this awful airline. I was in the check in queue 2.5 hours before my flight to Athens with my husband and 3 kids and because of the useless check in staff was still about 30 people away from the counter an hour and a half after i arrived at the airport. The staff are most unpleasant and unhelpful and after asking 2 of them if they can assist us in checking in quicker we were still told to follow the queue knowing full well that we were never going to make the flight in time. Eventually i got permission from the supervisor and went to the check in counter of the one i initally asked help from. She was so upset that we had asked the supervisor that she deliberately made us pay for 5kg extra and told us that we cannot remove the 5kg from the bag. My husband was so angry that he just payed the 200TL charge so that we could run with our 3 kids to make the flight - such awful service from people who are suppose to help you in making it on time for your flight - never again Pegasus staff need training in customer service.
RouteIstanbul to Athens

"Avoid this company"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Bishkek to Vienna via Istanbul. My worst flight ever by far, delayed, slow and somewhat chaotic. No free food / drinks on a 6hrs long flight. If you wanna pay prepare for chaotic staff commonly not having change etc. (major world currencies used). The staff are not very helpful and attentive. Used this company due to lack of competition on the line I have used. Avoid this company guys.
AircraftBoeing
RouteBishkek to Vienna via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Not too bad for a budget airline"

Trip Verified | Flew Pegasus Airlines from Doha to Stansted via Sabihah Gokcen. Not too bad for a budget airline! Both flights were fairly well on time, and the staff on board weren't as rude as on Turkish Airlines. Food and drink onboard wasn't cheap, of course, and neither do the seats recline (standard budget airline), but both mine and my wife's bags transferred straight through with no problems, and the lay-over wasn't too long.
RouteDoha to Stansted via Istanbul

"worst customer service"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Amsterdam via Istanbul. Pegasus has the worst customer service of any airline. Constant delays, horribly uncomfortable conditions, and ridiculously expensive add-ons for any conceivable (and otherwise standard) service. If you fly this airline, beware: anything above 70 euros for an international flight with Pegasus is too much. Pay a bit more and enjoy a superior experience with any other company.
RouteDoha to Amsterdam via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"had already closed the gate"

Trip Verified | Bodrum to Tehran via Istanbul. Me and my friend had the worst possible experience with Pegasus and Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW) staff; on June 29th 2018 we were going from Bodrum to Tehran and had a few hours stop in Istanbul. As we were waiting at the gate some Pegasus staff showed up and shouted there would be one hour delay, we knew Pegasus didn’t offer meal during the flight so we decided to go to the next snack bar and eat something before boarding. We returned to the gate half an hour later and surprisingly found they had already closed the gate and didn’t allow us to get on the plane although the boarding bridge was still in place and we could see staff getting in and out of the plane which took off 20 minutes later. During our exhausting 8 hour stay at Sabiha Gokcen Airport we just struggled to find and communicate to someone who could help or give us some information. Most of the staff, including Pegasus and Pegasus Manager couldn’t or didn’t want to speak English properly, we didn’t speak Turkish so it was really hard to communicate - Most of the staff, including Pegasus supervisor and Pegasus Manager weren’t helpful, all they had to say repeatedly was we should pay and buy new tickets for their next day flight - We had to wait from 12:00am to 3:00am before getting the chance to speak to a Pegasus supervisor, an sleepy arrogant young woman who didn’t have the slightest idea what customer appreciation means - The plane had took our luggage to Tehran, so they literally left us, two transit passengers, without our personal belongings in the middle of the night in a city we didn’t have a place to stay. Luckily, I could find a Turkish Airline flight from Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) to Tehran the next morning and decided to never again fly with Pegasus or any other cheap no-name airlines. It really worth to pay slightly more for your ticket and get it from a solid well-known airline which understands the value of their customers and don’t trap you with their tricks and hidden costs.
RouteBodrum to Tehran via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"worst airline I have travelled"

Not Verified | The worst airline I have travelled. Flight delayed for half an hr - no explanation given. On boarding the flight it transpired that seat numbers mean nothing, with everyone sitting wherever they please. I was informed by another passenger that apparently there was an issue so now seat numbers don’t mean anything. Rude cabin crew. Not interested in helping or doing their job. All overhead space full, informed by cabin crew we should go all the way to front of cabin to find overhead space, surely this is what they’re being paid to do? I would never fly with Pegasus Airlines again, not even worth paying a single penny in my opinion.
RouteLondon to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"worse than what I expected"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Ercan to Riyadh via Istanbul. Pegasus was always known for being a cheap airline so not much was expected, but what I got was much worse than what I expected. First of all I wanted to change my reservation, so I did through the website, but my one of my connection flights were canceled automatically. I called the international CS number and they told me to make another booking for only the canceled flight and that my trip will stay the same. Then I emailed CS and was told that my reservation was now void after I made the new booking. So I called the Cyprus CS number to which a very disgruntled employee answered calling me "bro" and telling me to ask my embassy even though my issue had nothing with the embassy. When I tried to explain to him what had happened he hung up and when I tried again there was no answer. I filed a complaint through email to which I got no response at all they just ignored. Cue the day of the flight, I arrived 1.5 hours before take off, and the check in was so slow that I ended up running towards the plane because I was late. We boarded and the staff discovered that the check in employees had put stickers on 3 bags labeling them as carry on when they didn't fit and had to be promptly taken to baggage. One passenger was ejected from the plane before take off, so the cabin crew conducted a search to identify the owners of every bag in the overhead bins for security, except they missed 7 or 8 bags in a row 2 of which were mine.
AircraftA320-200
RouteErcan to Riyadh via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2018

"Missed the connecting flight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Athens via Istanbul. Awful experience. Missed the connecting flight to Athens after spending 12 hours in transit. No announcement was made despite all the other flights being announced. My name was not announced. No help from the staff who spoke incomprehensible English, and no alternatives to try to get to my destination. At the end I had to pay for another ticket to Madrid.
RouteMadrid to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownMay 2018

"My baggage did not arrive"

Trip Verified | I returned from holiday on a Pegasus flight from Istanbul to Stansted on 14 April 2018. My baggage did not arrive. I have spent the last 3.5 weeks trying to get in touch with Pegasus to resolve the issue. It has been a nightmare and I still have no idea where my suitcase is or whether I am ever going to see it again. Pegasus have ignored the various enquiries I have logged (via their website) and the UK call centre say they can't help me as I have to wait for a response to the online contact form. It is bad enough that Pegasus lost my luggage in the first place but it is even worse that they have not even acknowledged my loss (and that it is impossible to get in touch with them). They are not regulated by the Civil Aviation Authority so there is no regulator UK passengers can escalate matters to.
RouteIstanbul to Stansted