Top 100 Airlines

Pegasus Airlines

"never fly Pegasus again"

Verified Review | Tel Aviv to Dubai via Istanbul. I flew on three Pegasus flights within 7 days. All were awful. The worst thing is the ridiculous limited weight for both checked and carry-on baggage. Carry-on is limited to 8kg (my small suitcase empty is 6kg). I weighed, transferred things to checked baggage, and re-weighed several times to meet the restriction. Then when checking in, even though my carry-on bag only weighed 7.2kg (which was perfectly visible on the scale), the Pegasus agent kept insisting that my bag was 2kg overweight. When I asked how much the extra weight (which she couldn't understand was actually below 8kg), she shrugged her shoulders. It was complete incompetence. Finally her supervisor explained that the weight was fine. Fortunately, a fellow passenger told me that a passenger could carry on a second bag that wasn't even weighed! So, naturally, I put my heaviest items in my extra bag - only to return the heavy items to my carry-on bag right after it had been weighed. The whole thing felt like harassment and was totally absurd! I went through this hassle on each of the three flights. Finally, nothing on board is without cost. Not even a drink of water is provided. I'll never fly Pegasus again, and I don't recommend that anyone do so.
RouteTLV to DXB via SAW
Date FlownMay 2016

"I wouldn't recommend"

(Greece)

Athens to Dubai via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. Worst flight experience. The cabin crew were the rudest I've ever experienced. There was a delay on the first flight from Athens of around 3 hours. When I had to return there was a delay of 8 hours and then the flight was cancelled. Eventually we flew again the next day in the afternoon. There was no manager or anybody from the company in Dubai. After almost 10 hours of being in the airport they took us to a hotel to sleep and there was chaos before and after this. Pegasus is a low fare company but I wouldn't recommend to anybody as they can be really unprofessional and ruin your trip.
RouteATH to DXB via IST
Date FlownDecember 2015

"everything turn to nightmare"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | We booked the trip from Stockholm to Istanbul via Amsterdam with KLM, we checked the weight allowed, and hand baggage with one accessory may weigh max 12 kg. We start our trip from Stockholm without any problem but once we get to Amsterdam everything turn to nightmare, with this next flight to Istanbul operated by Pegasus, and person from Pegasus weighs hand baggage. He first stopped my wife and told her that she has 10 kg and need to pay 50 Euro to check in the hand baggage but when my daughter start to argue with him by explaining that we booked this trip with KLM and our departure was from Stockholm, this person was rude and forced us to check in my daughter baggage as well - in total we paid 100 Euro.
RouteARN to SAW via AMS

"a really cheap ticket"

Verified Review | In September 2015 I did a short Istanbul to Dalaman round trip. Granted my flight was short so I didn't feel too numb from the narrow seats, but it was a really cheap ticket and I did not experience any delays. Pegasus is very strict about how much you can bring and not, but my experience has been better than other low cost carrier (EasyJet, Ryanair) and I've yet to see rudeness from the crew. The attendants are swift in service (which makes sense because you will be paying some extra money). As I like to try airline food, I ordered their beef steak and for around 12USD, I thought it was a decent dinner. Basically, the service compared to major US carriers, the seat size being less in Pegasus, which isn't amazing on these other carriers either.
RouteSAW to DLM
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"appalling catalogue of events"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh via Istanbul Gokcen. In all my time flying I have never experienced such an appalling catalogue of events as I did with Pegasus Airlines. BA cancelled my flight to Sharm el Sheikh and I had to book Pegasus Airlines for a lot of money for a no frills product. At Baggage Drop Off at LGW, despite my having a boarding pass I was unable to be processed. After two hours I was finally entered onto the flight manifest by Pegasus. At that time I was also advised that my return flight would not land at LGW but at Stansted Airport. There was only availability for a flight returning to LGW five days earlier as I had parked my car at LGW and there were no flights available after my return date. So upon my return, after a night of very little sleep I had to take public transport form Stansted to Gatwick to collect my car and drive home. As Pegasus Airlines is a Turkish airline and not a European airline they treat customers with little respect. The telephone manner of the airline assistants is of a very poor standard indeed. I cannot recommend Pegasus Airlines at all and I will never fly with them ever again. By the way, I did not receive any advance email advise for the change of circumstances or an apology.
RouteLGW to SSH via SAW
Date FlownApril 2016

"avoid at all costs"

Stansted to Hurghada via Istanbul with Pegasus. Avoid at all costs. Staff really rude. They kept us waiting 1 hour on the Tarmac at Istanbul without any announcement. No frills airline but easyjet or Ryannair are much better. The announcements in English were so fast you couldn't understand them at all! We paid extra for exit row seats but had a problem as a couple decided they were going to sit in our pre booked seats.
RouteSTN to HRG via SAW
Date FlownApril 2016

"staff insufficient and rude"

The worst flight in my life. I was flying with Pegasus Airlines from Zurich to Athens via Istanbul. 50 minutes delayed departing in Zurich. As we approached Istanbul aircraft was flying for about one hour over Istanbul without landing. No announcement from the crew or from the pilot. Most passengers were in panic. After landing in Istanbul they informed us that the airplane to Athens had left. We were until 2am at the airport negotiating with Pegasus staff to give us tickets for the first flight the next day to Athens no matter what airline. They refused. We had to stay for one night in a hotel in the middle of nowhere and we were flown the next day noon to Athens with Pegasus. Staff was insufficient and rude. Never again.
RouteZRH to ATH via SAW
Date FlownMarch 2016

"not given seat I chose at purchase"

(Norway)

Oslo to Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. I bought the advantage package that gives you a checked-in luggage, choice of meal and seat selection. I was not given the seat I chose at purchase and I was given a different meal to that ordered, at least I got the suitecase. The service onboard is good, but the level of English skills makes it difficult sometimes. A good selection of dishes onboard.
RouteOSL to SAW
Date FlownMarch 2016

"worst airline I've flown"

Pegasus Airlines is the worst airline I've flown with! Our flight from Ercan to Frankfurt was cancelled and they only contacted one of my travel partners, but not even me. We tried to call them back, but they just said we should just book another flight. At the airport, we were told that we are not registered and it took ages and heaps of discussion and effort to finally get a scheduled flight. That flight was more than one hour on delay and the air in the plane was so hot and dry that we all ended up feeling sick. As water was not free of course, we had to pay 1,50Euro for just 330ml of Water! The worst flight experience I've ever had and I will never ever fly them again.
RouteECN to FRA
Date FlownMarch 2016

"never even got off the ground"

London Gatwick to Bodrum via Istanbul. We never even got off the ground. Despite checking in online and printing off boarding passes, when we came to check in our bags the Pegasus Airlines check in agent said that we were not on the system for the flight. While we waited over an hour for the check in staff to "try" and sort out the problem we received a text from Pegasus (in Turkish). We obtained a translation and found that Pegasus had cancelled our return flight. We were given a number to call but that was a Turkish free phone number unobtainable from the UK. We asked the Pegasus check in agent for a telephone number in the UK and he told us that there was not one. We would have to sort the problem online. This turned out to be untrue as we later discovered that there is a customer services number in the UK. Anyway, by this time the outbound flight was closing and we abandoned our holiday as we were still unable to check in our luggage and our return flight had been cancelled. We are currently awaiting refunds but will never book with this airline again.
RouteLGW to BJV via SAW