Vote Now

Pegasus Airlines

"try to squeeze every penny out of you"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | This will be the first and last time I fly Pegasus. Flew from Barcelona to Dubai via Istanbul. After my carry-ons were approved in Barcelona, Pegasus staff in Istanbul were carrying mobile weighing devices during boarding to confirms carry-ons were a total of 8kgs. My carry on was 8kgs and my laptop bag was 6kgs without my laptop, they told me I had to pay 16 euros for each 1kg over 8kgs. I ended up having to pay 130 something euros on the spot with the staff being incredibly impatient with me, telling me multiple times I had to throw away my luggage if I didn't want to pay and that they could not wait for me to make a decision as it was the final call. Her tone and manner were appalling. On the flight, everything including the water has to be paid for. Definitely not a budget airline as they try to squeeze every penny out of you for basic amenities that any other airlines allows.
RouteBarcelona to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2017

"unwelcoming individuals"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels Charleroi to Istanbul. I have travelled up to 10 times with this airline in the last two years and this lastest experience has pushed me more to take the time to write this negative review. Cabin crew are unwelcoming individuals. The majority of employees don't seem to enjoy what they do or the way they are being treated by the management. The amount of rude employees is appaling. I don't believe I have ever written such a negative comment about a service and frankly I regret having to do so.
RouteBrussels Charleroi to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"bad crew, bad service"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Beirut to Paris via Istanbul. My first and last time with Pegasus Airlines. Let me begin with their helpful office in Beirut. I asked if the ticket is refundable if the visa was rejected. She said no and if I want later on to use the ticket for another flight it will cost me double the price. My friend asked how much we pay if we wanted to get another bag, the lady said around 40usd for an additional 20kgs bag. I don't know what got into me but we booked. On the airplane it was not comfortable, thank God the flight was not too long. we could track the flight on one screen out of 4 flights - in the other airplanes the screen were not working. The flight attendants don't speak English - we don't ask you to be fluent but a basic English is required. And the head crew who knows English was talking too fast we couldn't understand a thing! Of course they don't offer anything not even water. They don't turn off the light during the flight. They did only for few minutes. On the way back they made my friend pay 155 euros for an additional 11kgs carry on when in Beirut in their office they told us that an extra 20kgs costs 40usd! And for those of you who think it is a cheap flight, it is not that cheap for the services they offer. Meanwhile a direct flight from Beirut in a respectful airline was only 80USD more expensive but we had already booked with Pegasus and the ticket is not refundable. And the flight back to Beirut was delayed for one hour. They didn't even bother mentioning that before and we were gonna miss our flight from Istanbul to Beirut. Bad airline, bad crew, bad service. Not recommended.
RouteBeirut to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"seats are not comfortable"

(Qatar)

Istanbul to Doha with Pegasus Airlines. The price was really good and purchasing the ticket online was a breeze. I could hardly understand the announcements made in English as the crew was speaking too fast. This was a 4-hour flight (scheduled to depart at 2240 hrs and arrive at 0230 hrs) however, the cabin lights were only slightly dimmed throughout the flight and it was difficult to get some sleep. Air conditioning was very weak for most of the flight and seats are not comfortable.
RouteSAW to DOH
Date FlownDecember 2016

"staff were all excellent"

Verified Review | Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen to London Gatwick. I was very reluctant to buy a return ticket to Istanbul from Pegasus Airlines, after reading some of the previous reviews. But as it most suited the day and times I wanted to travel, I decided to try them. I have been flying for over 40 years and could not find any fault with Pegasus Airlines. The communication, easy booking, timekeeping and the staff were all excellent on my both journeys. For an economy Airline, I can only say well done.
RouteSAW to LGW
Date FlownDecember 2016

"would not recommend it"

(Ukraine)

Verified Review | I had a connected flight ticket from Amsterdam to Zaporizhya via Istanbul SAW. The flight from Amsterdam to Istanbul was fine, but then my flight to Zaporizhya was cancelled. Airline representative in Istanbul SAW airport was not so friendly and didn't want to speak English, when only few of passengers could understand Turkish and helped to understand to others what's going on. Representatives said the reason why flight is cancelled was the weather issue in Zaporizhya, however contacting my relatives in Zaporizhya I've heard that the weather was fine. The procedure of taking all of us out to the hotel from the airport took more then 4 hours, with lots off stress. For the main question "When will we have the flight to Zaporizhya?" no one of representatives did not give a clean answer. Someone said - "you can change your ticket and fly to Kharkov and then go back to Zaporizhya by yourself, without any provided transport from the airlines", someone said - "don't worry your flight will be arranged next day at 13:00". Also many passengers received the text message with apologies from Pegasus Airlines about cancelled flight due weather issues and that there will be a flight next day at 13:00. The next day when all passengers checked out of the HolidayInn hotel the receptionist gave the information that there won't be a flight to Zaporizhya and we have to check in again and stay in the hotel another night. So far the passengers and me included still in Istanbul waiting for another changes. I'm very disappointed with Pegasus Airlines service and would not recommend it, unless you don't mind to waste couple of your days for your trip.
RouteAMS to OZH via SAW
Date FlownNovember 2016

"crew were lovely"

Verified Review | This is a budget airline, but with that in mind, I didn't have any problems with Pegasus Airlines. I paid USD $65 from London Gatwick to Istanbul-S.Gokcen direct flight. Flight left and arrived on time, the crew were lovely and accommodating to my needs and they spoke English. Refreshments were available on the flight for purchase but I always plan ahead and had my own food on me. There was no in flight entertainment available but then again it's not that long of a flight and to be honest it is a budget airline and as such what was available was what I expected. I would fly with them again.
RouteL;GW to SAW
Date FlownDecember 2015

"seat was quite annoying"

(Turkey)

Verified Review | Antalya to Frankfurt via Istanbul SAW with Pegasus Airlines. The seat was quite annoying but it can be accepted because of the cheap flight ticket price. The food, which was a sandwich, was a bit bad. But we arrieved early.
RouteAYT to FRA via SAW
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"crew not very helpful"

Stansted to Ercan via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. First crew not very helpful and hardly spoke English at all. The Pegasus Cafe booklet shows if you buy 2 bottles of JP Chenet it will cost you 10 euros for the 2. We wanetd 2 bottles of white. There was no white wine left by the time the crew got to us and we were only in row 7. So we asked for 1 rose and 1 red but according to the very arrogant young man we could not have them both at the cheaper price. He said you can have 2 white and he could not understand that he had no white left that's why we asked for the other 2. I know it should not bother me but it is a matter of principle as on the way back we asked if we had 2 different ones would we get the cheaper price and was told yes of course. The rudeness of the crew did not help the situation. In fact the flight left Stansted 1.5 hours late. Somebody stayed on the plane at Istanbul instead of getting off which caused another further delay as the headcount had to be done 4 times and by then the pilot had missed his take-off time and we eventually arrived at our hotel at 12.30 in the morning from a 1.30pm take off flight. Never again would we go with Pegasus.
RouteSTN to ECN via SAW
Date FlownOctober 2016

"avoid at all costs"

Verified Review | London Stansted to Gazipasa via Istanbul with Pegasus Airlines. Appalled by the lack of updates and poor customer service. Flight was supposed to be at 1.20pm, having checked in at 11am left plenty of time. Finally told at 1.30pm we were delayed until 1.45pm, however we didn't board until 2.10pm making us over an hour late taking off with a flight connection in Istanbul a worry. When we we finally arrived at Istanbul late, there was no information as to exactly where to go and passport control was backed up. Despite asking various airport officials for help as we were late, no one wanted to know or could offer help. We were still queues in in passport control at 8.15pm. We finally got through and asked where to get our next boarding pass and to say Pegasus were unhelpful is an understatement. We were told basically tough we had missed the flight and sent round and round in circles. My husband eventually managed to find a helpful supervisor at the Pegasus desk, around 11.00pm who initially told us our luggage was in Gazipasa and that they may be able to get us on flight to Antalya but getting our luggage was down to us. Something we explained wasn't as this whole nightmare scenario was down to Pegasus. We had lost money paying for a transfer on the night from Gazipasa and would have to pay again after the next flight too. Anyway we were then told that we could be put on next morning flight to Gazipasa. Finally we were transferred to a little hotel and got there for about 2 hours sleep, finally reaching our destination Sunday morning. This has caused so much distress and ruined our experience of Pegasus travel, as they have no back up service and don't care. We also weren't the only ones put in this situation by Pegasus. Avoid them at all costs.
RouteSTN to GZP via SAW