Pegasus Airlines

"no inflight entertainment"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Istanbul Sabiha Gokçen to London supposed to depart at 9.30am. The pilot announced 10 minutes delay due to disembarking of the luggages of no show passengers. However the wait exceeded an hour with no further announcement. They did not offer free water and crew stayed in the crew area. I understand that Pegasus is a low cost carrier and they sell everything in flight. But in this situation the crew did not even offer to sell water let alone offering free drinks. If you have a choice do not fly with this airline to anywhere taking more than an hour. As there is no inflight entertainment except reading the Pegasus magazine.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteIstanbul to London
Date FlownNovember 2017

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Istanbul return with Pegasus Airlines Worst flight ever, seats are too small not comfortable. Aircraft are old. No screens. Flight duration is 4 hrs 30 minutes. And they broke my luggage in Istanbul to Dubai flight. I will never fly with them again.
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2017

"avoid this company if you can"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Beirut to Amsterdam via Istambul. I bought a ticket for December 2017 with the option to change the return by paying an extra amount as I was not sure about the return date. I decided to change the date today. I called the office and they told me the extra charge would be 32 dollars whereas it showed a surcharge of 100 dollars on the internet. By the time I reached their office I was told the surcharge would be 149 dollars. I decided to go back to the internet. When I checked the extra charge on the internet it had climbed to 212 dollars. I checked the regular price of the ticket and it was 224 dollars which means that the difference between buying a new ticket and changing the old one was only 12 dollars So I decided to buy a new ticket and get the old one reimbursed. When I did so, I discovered that they would only reimburse me 42 dollars. So what I learned is first they have incompetent staff, second the company is making them pay an extra amount for flexibility when in fact there is nothing flexible in their tickets. All I can say is: avoid this company if you can.
RouteBeirut to Amsterdam via Istambul
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Cheap airline and cheap service"

Verified Review | Dubai to Athens via Istanbul. The worst experience of my life. We waited more than 4hrs in the flight and the crew attendant simply told us she does not know what is happening and cannot help us. All passengers were angry and some had to cancel their flights and some put in a hotel saying that the next flight will be tomorrow morning and we will be informed of our new booking but still no answer - just keep waiting. On top of that no one answer your call when you call the agency. Cheap airline and cheap service - never again will travel with Pegasus.
RouteDubai to Athens via Istanbul
Date FlownOctober 2017

"Boarding was done efficiently"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Faultless service by Pegasus across all sectors from Athens to Bodrum via Istanbul. Brand new planes, first time on the A320NEO. An extremely quiet aircraft. No delays. Boarding was done efficiently. Planes very clean. Helpful staff both on board and on the ground. Very good value for money. Will look forward to flying them again!
AircraftA320NEO/A320/Boeing 738
RouteAthens to Bodrum via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"you pay for everything"

Verified Review | Stansted to Abu Dhabi via Istanbul. If you are looking for a dirt cheap flight without any comfort then this might be the airline for you. That is the plus side. Tried to checkin 72 hours in advance and the site was down. When I eventually tried to check in they told me that check in was prohibited for me. Called their call centre and he told me that online checkin was not available for British citizens. He stated it was a UK government directive. The agent at the airport stated that was not correct. So no online checkin not available for British citizens apparently. When I said I would like to select an isle seat he said we do not allow passengers to select seats on checkin and you would get a middle seat. So passengers who checkin early get the worst seats. Arrived at the airport 3 hours early and spent 90 minutes in the queue, back staring to hurt. Representative at the airport said she had never heard of such a government directive reading checkin of British passport holders. So their agent was not truthful to cover up a poor service. Check in was fine, delightful lady. Plane late departure due to excessive checkin times/queues, late aircraft arrival, Euro traffic control or congestion in Turkish airspace. All were give. However departure staff at the gate were very pleasant. Boeing 737-800 out of STN. Where did they buy those seats? Well disguised wooden bench. Very uncomfortable. Pointless paying for extra legroom as I did. Boeing 737-800 out of SAW, no seat recline, no pocket to put things in and no cushion effect. No inflight entertainment either. The in light map was looking out if the window. Finally you pay for everything. Food, tea, coffee, water and seat selection.
RouteStansted to Abu Dhabi via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Bad experience with Pegasus"

(Kuwait)

Verified Review | Antalya to Kuwait via Istanbul. Bad experience with Pegasus. Missed our transfer flight because the airline staff would not assist to let us pass through passport control quickly, and even though I told them that we will miss our plane if we waited in line, they insisted that there is time to catch the transfer plane، Eventually there was no time and we had to wait 9 hours for next flight. No compensation whatsoever was provided like hotel or lounge. Airline insisted that its not their fault.
RouteAntalya to Kuwait via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"stuck in Istanbul airport"

Verified Review | Athens to Ankara via Istanbul. The reason I purchased a ticket this time with them is because it was suppose to be a direct flight. Months later they email me informing me that it would not be a direct flight so I was stuck with this ticket. My flight was suppose to only take 1.5 hours from Athens to Ankara. As of this point I am still waiting and it's already been 10 hours and I'm stuck in Istanbul airport.
RouteAthens to Ankara via Istanbul

"great value for money"

Verified Review | Contrary to some other postings here, I'm happy with what I got with Pegasus Airlines. Modern airplane (737 Next Gen, TC-AIS) from Baghdad to Berlin via Istanbul, on time departures, friendly cabin staff, clean cabin, decent seats with sufficient legroom (Turkish Airlines are worse in economy) - all at reasonable prices (half of what Turkish has offered). No hassles, smooth alternative getting from A to B. Bring your own device, as they don't have entertainment onboard. Will for sure fly again, great value for money.
RouteBaghdad to Berlin via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2017

"cabin was very old, dirty and small"

Verified Review | Flew Pegasus from Düsseldorf to Istanbul. The flight was just a nightmare! The cabin crew were unfriendly, not smiling at all. They are very inattentive, started the service in our row and while we were still ordering they talked with colleagues or served beverages to other passengers and were not paying attention, forgetting to give out our snacks although we paid for it. The flight started in Germany and there was not even one flight attendant speaking German. The cabin was very old, dirty and small, even in the emergency exit row the space was smaller than in other A320 I travelled before. I cannot recommend this airline at all.
RouteDüsseldorf to Istanbul