Pegasus Airlines

"Boarding was done efficiently"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Faultless service by Pegasus across all sectors from Athens to Bodrum via Istanbul. Brand new planes, first time on the A320NEO. An extremely quiet aircraft. No delays. Boarding was done efficiently. Planes very clean. Helpful staff both on board and on the ground. Very good value for money. Will look forward to flying them again!
AircraftA320NEO/A320/Boeing 738
RouteAthens to Bodrum via Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2017

"you pay for everything"

Verified Review | Stansted to Abu Dhabi via Istanbul. If you are looking for a dirt cheap flight without any comfort then this might be the airline for you. That is the plus side. Tried to checkin 72 hours in advance and the site was down. When I eventually tried to check in they told me that check in was prohibited for me. Called their call centre and he told me that online checkin was not available for British citizens. He stated it was a UK government directive. The agent at the airport stated that was not correct. So no online checkin not available for British citizens apparently. When I said I would like to select an isle seat he said we do not allow passengers to select seats on checkin and you would get a middle seat. So passengers who checkin early get the worst seats. Arrived at the airport 3 hours early and spent 90 minutes in the queue, back staring to hurt. Representative at the airport said she had never heard of such a government directive reading checkin of British passport holders. So their agent was not truthful to cover up a poor service. Check in was fine, delightful lady. Plane late departure due to excessive checkin times/queues, late aircraft arrival, Euro traffic control or congestion in Turkish airspace. All were give. However departure staff at the gate were very pleasant. Boeing 737-800 out of STN. Where did they buy those seats? Well disguised wooden bench. Very uncomfortable. Pointless paying for extra legroom as I did. Boeing 737-800 out of SAW, no seat recline, no pocket to put things in and no cushion effect. No inflight entertainment either. The in light map was looking out if the window. Finally you pay for everything. Food, tea, coffee, water and seat selection.
RouteStansted to Abu Dhabi via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"Bad experience with Pegasus"

(Kuwait)

Verified Review | Antalya to Kuwait via Istanbul. Bad experience with Pegasus. Missed our transfer flight because the airline staff would not assist to let us pass through passport control quickly, and even though I told them that we will miss our plane if we waited in line, they insisted that there is time to catch the transfer plane، Eventually there was no time and we had to wait 9 hours for next flight. No compensation whatsoever was provided like hotel or lounge. Airline insisted that its not their fault.
RouteAntalya to Kuwait via Istanbul
Date FlownJuly 2017

"stuck in Istanbul airport"

Verified Review | Athens to Ankara via Istanbul. The reason I purchased a ticket this time with them is because it was suppose to be a direct flight. Months later they email me informing me that it would not be a direct flight so I was stuck with this ticket. My flight was suppose to only take 1.5 hours from Athens to Ankara. As of this point I am still waiting and it's already been 10 hours and I'm stuck in Istanbul airport.
RouteAthens to Ankara via Istanbul

"great value for money"

Verified Review | Contrary to some other postings here, I'm happy with what I got with Pegasus Airlines. Modern airplane (737 Next Gen, TC-AIS) from Baghdad to Berlin via Istanbul, on time departures, friendly cabin staff, clean cabin, decent seats with sufficient legroom (Turkish Airlines are worse in economy) - all at reasonable prices (half of what Turkish has offered). No hassles, smooth alternative getting from A to B. Bring your own device, as they don't have entertainment onboard. Will for sure fly again, great value for money.
RouteBaghdad to Berlin via Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2017

"cabin was very old, dirty and small"

Verified Review | Flew Pegasus from Düsseldorf to Istanbul. The flight was just a nightmare! The cabin crew were unfriendly, not smiling at all. They are very inattentive, started the service in our row and while we were still ordering they talked with colleagues or served beverages to other passengers and were not paying attention, forgetting to give out our snacks although we paid for it. The flight started in Germany and there was not even one flight attendant speaking German. The cabin was very old, dirty and small, even in the emergency exit row the space was smaller than in other A320 I travelled before. I cannot recommend this airline at all.
RouteDüsseldorf to Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2017

"try to squeeze every penny out of you"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | This will be the first and last time I fly Pegasus. Flew from Barcelona to Dubai via Istanbul. After my carry-ons were approved in Barcelona, Pegasus staff in Istanbul were carrying mobile weighing devices during boarding to confirms carry-ons were a total of 8kgs. My carry on was 8kgs and my laptop bag was 6kgs without my laptop, they told me I had to pay 16 euros for each 1kg over 8kgs. I ended up having to pay 130 something euros on the spot with the staff being incredibly impatient with me, telling me multiple times I had to throw away my luggage if I didn't want to pay and that they could not wait for me to make a decision as it was the final call. Her tone and manner were appalling. On the flight, everything including the water has to be paid for. Definitely not a budget airline as they try to squeeze every penny out of you for basic amenities that any other airlines allows.
RouteBarcelona to Dubai via Istanbul
Date FlownApril 2017

"unwelcoming individuals"

(Belgium)

Verified Review | Brussels Charleroi to Istanbul. I have travelled up to 10 times with this airline in the last two years and this lastest experience has pushed me more to take the time to write this negative review. Cabin crew are unwelcoming individuals. The majority of employees don't seem to enjoy what they do or the way they are being treated by the management. The amount of rude employees is appaling. I don't believe I have ever written such a negative comment about a service and frankly I regret having to do so.
RouteBrussels Charleroi to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"bad crew, bad service"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Beirut to Paris via Istanbul. My first and last time with Pegasus Airlines. Let me begin with their helpful office in Beirut. I asked if the ticket is refundable if the visa was rejected. She said no and if I want later on to use the ticket for another flight it will cost me double the price. My friend asked how much we pay if we wanted to get another bag, the lady said around 40usd for an additional 20kgs bag. I don't know what got into me but we booked. On the airplane it was not comfortable, thank God the flight was not too long. we could track the flight on one screen out of 4 flights - in the other airplanes the screen were not working. The flight attendants don't speak English - we don't ask you to be fluent but a basic English is required. And the head crew who knows English was talking too fast we couldn't understand a thing! Of course they don't offer anything not even water. They don't turn off the light during the flight. They did only for few minutes. On the way back they made my friend pay 155 euros for an additional 11kgs carry on when in Beirut in their office they told us that an extra 20kgs costs 40usd! And for those of you who think it is a cheap flight, it is not that cheap for the services they offer. Meanwhile a direct flight from Beirut in a respectful airline was only 80USD more expensive but we had already booked with Pegasus and the ticket is not refundable. And the flight back to Beirut was delayed for one hour. They didn't even bother mentioning that before and we were gonna miss our flight from Istanbul to Beirut. Bad airline, bad crew, bad service. Not recommended.
RouteBeirut to Paris via Istanbul
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"seats are not comfortable"

(Qatar)

Istanbul to Doha with Pegasus Airlines. The price was really good and purchasing the ticket online was a breeze. I could hardly understand the announcements made in English as the crew was speaking too fast. This was a 4-hour flight (scheduled to depart at 2240 hrs and arrive at 0230 hrs) however, the cabin lights were only slightly dimmed throughout the flight and it was difficult to get some sleep. Air conditioning was very weak for most of the flight and seats are not comfortable.
RouteSAW to DOH