Airline of the Year

Peach Aviation

"a pleasant flight on Peach"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kansai to Fukuoka all turned out to go quite smooth for me this time round. I'm guessing it's a hit or miss for everyone and this was a hit for me. Peach Aviation is a low cost carrier, and for the price I've paid it was definitely worth the value for the money. The check in was very quick and efficient. Peach uses a self check in concept which means there's only booths available for you. You can check in earlier as long as you scan the bar code at the machine which produces a receipt which is actually your boarding pass. It takes quite a while to get to the aircraft at the Kansai Airport but overall the check in process was smooth and efficient. The flight was a short and nice one. The seats were comfortable with decent leg room. My only problem was that the sound of the engine was a little too loud but otherwise it's a pleasant flight on Peach. No delays and no cancellation.
RouteKansai to Fukuoka
Date FlownJune 2017

"no follow-up service"

Verified Review | Worst ever flight, never again. Just a few hours before taking-off for the flight from Shanghai to Tokyo, I was informed that my Peach flight was cancelled. Cancellation is not too rare during travel, but there was no follow-up service, nobody took care of us at all except of a note in the worst ever copying quality. We had to run in the airport near midnight to find out available flight, because we scheduled to join a travel group in Tokyo the next day. The result was that we paid five time of the price for the one-way tickets to be able to reach Tokyo. The next day after we arrived Japan I sent email to contact the company, because we was told we have to apply for refund within a limited time, also I had to get confirmation for booked return ticket, no response until I asked my travel guide to call there directly. Six days later when I left Japan, I still had not received my refund, but I had a chance to experience my return travel to see what the Peach like. This company used an independent boarding building in Osaka airport, there was a long way to reach the check-in gate through display desks of duty-free store without a directional sign, a long way to reach boarding gate, and a distance to reach the flight in the middle of airport. Inflight, I found that there was no entertainment equipment on the sear, I could feel the knees of the traveller behind me through the soft chair back, I heard some travellers shouting because of luggage issues. We were able to calm down when we finally returned to Shanghai. Even until now, I still can hardly believe how a business with such a quality of service could exist, I lost my money and my vacation fun.
RouteShanghai to Toyko
Date FlownMay 2017

"No flights were cancelled"

Verified Review | Due to all the negative reviews, I was a bit nervous booking with Peach but booked anyway seeing as they were so much cheaper than any other airlines. In case you are uncertain about this company, here is a snap shot of our experience with Peach. My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Asia and booked three flights with them a couple months in advance: Osaka - Taipei, Taipei - Tokyo, and Tokyo - Seoul. No flights were cancelled and all left on time. Most of the reviews were accurate about being a bit cramped, one flight we couldn't sit beside each other and they didn't serve food or drinks without additional cost. At the same time paying that little for flights and seeing they are only 1-2hrs, it was a big deal for us. If you want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a flight go ahead but if you want a cheap flight from Japan to surround countries/cities, we highly recommend Peach.
RouteOsaka to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2017

"one of the worst I have seen"

(Chile)

Verified Review | Osaka to Shanghai. They canceled our flight two times, without provide any acommodation or food. Last time they just gave us the chance of refund money, and the worst thing is the money will be in two months! Finally we had to buy tickets two times more expensive in another company, plus 5 days lost on our holiday. Customer sevice is one of the worst I have seen.
RouteOsaka to Shanghai
Date FlownApril 2017

"definitely fly with Peach again"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Taipei to Kansai return. I was a bit worried about flying with this airline after reading some bad reviews, but everything went very smoothly. The staff were professional and friendly, the airplane seats surprisingly comfortable (but very tight on legroom), and the tickets were good value for money. I would definitely fly with Peach again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteTaipei to Kansai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no information or customer service"

(China)

Verified Review | Peach is the worst airline we have travelled on. We had a flight scheduled from Naha to Osaka (Kansai) and then a booking with a separate airline from Osaka (Kansai) to Shanghai. When we arrived at Naha airport they announced that our flight would be over 3 hours delayed. This would cause us to miss our connecting flight. We contacted their contact center who informed us because the tickets were purchased separately there was nothing they could do. As a result we had to sleep overnight in Osaka (Kansai) airport since no hotel rooms were available and there were no flights leaving Osaka for Shanghai that night. We received no refund, no information or customer service. We received exceptional service and kindness during our visit to Japan from local restaurants, hotels and shops etc. However our experience with Peach is the worst we have had with any airline anywhere.
RouteNaha to Kansai
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"extremely short flight and worth the money"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Weekend getaway to Osaka. Extremely short flight and worth the money with cabin cleanliness and excellent crews. Our 8.40 pm flight departed late (usually does as it did in the past), so a front row seat prebooking is recommended. The airport is empty at this time upon arrival, but a front seat ensures no queue. We landed at 10.45 and made it to our bus at 11 with time to go to the bathroom, use the ATM and get some water. Any further behind and you wait another hour for the bus. On our return flight to Incheon, complimentary exit row seats were orovided at the check in counter (kiosk didn't complete check in) without even asking.
RouteICN to KIX
Date FlownOctober 2016

"Peach is not a reliable airline"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Flight from Shanghai to Tokyo Haneda was cancelled by Peach only a couple of hours before departure. There was no information provided on further procedure until 2.5 hours before the planned departure, when Peach check-in counter finally opened. There is no way to contact Peach via phone, so you had to wait till then to get any information. Peach staff told the passengers that the flight was cancelled due to weather related issues and that there will be no rebooking or any assistance. Questions raised by some passengers why all the other flights of the departure and destination airport are perfectly in time were ignored. Everything they were able to say in an increasingly rude tone was basically: "we can't help you, leave us alone". They handed over a sheet of paper with information on how to get a money refund (of course flight only, no other expenses related to cancelation) or how to book an other Peach flight (next one in 24 hours). Since the information that Peach will not provide any other flight came very late (flight departure was 1:25 AM, and counter opened only about two hours before) there was only one flight to Tokyo left on the same day. Ironically by ANA, the mother of Peach Aviation. Needless to say that the around 500 USD they would have charged was way too much for everyone and all people had to book flights for the next day, which where still around double the price of the Peach refund. So far my experience with Peach. As a European I have quite some experience with low-cost carriers like Ryanair or EasyJet. I am perfectly aware that there is a difference to regular airlines regarding service and so on. That's the deal and that's how they can provide cheaper prices. Still the super short notice of the cancelation, the obvious lying about the reasons (even the staff admitted at some point that weather is not the reason but terms and conditions of Peach allow them to cancel for no reason, so it doesn't make a difference), and the total refusal to give any assistance on booking a new flight or compensate for the additional costs, was rather shocking for an airline from Japan (remember, this is the country where train staff is apologizing to every single passenger when a train runs late for a couple of minutes). Conclusion: In my experience Peach is not a reliable airline, and as reliability is the most important thing for an airline, I cannot recommend them at all.
RoutePVG to HND
Date FlownNovember 2016

"onboard crew were lovely"

Verified Review | Osaka to Seoul. Check in staff were extremely unenthusiastic and so were the security staff, the departure lounge is small but just the right size and perfectly easy to navigate, wouldn't arrive extra early as you'd be bored. The A320 aircraft was well kept and not too in your face which budget cabins can be guilty of, the onboard crew were lovely. Would definitely use them again, much better than JetStar but not quite as good as Air Asia!
RouteKIX to ICN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"staff were despicably bad"

Verified Review | Okinawa to Tokyo Narita with Peach. Please don’t fly with this airline - I learned that when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. My flight MM504 departure experienced mid air difficulties and we were forced to return to Okinawa. Very limited information on board (only in Japanese) and this led to many people with anxiety and stress. After our emergency landing in Okinawa, we were left with no information, no care, and no follow up at all. The flight was simply designated as “cancelled”. We received no assistance or explanation or help at all. Ground staff were despicably bad. None of them mastered a conversational level of English (for a tourist route like that) and no one cared at all. Even for a low-cost carrier it was shameful, dishonest and by far the worst I have ever seen. Unlike any other airline I have flown with, including many Japanese airlines, I normally am surprised by the efforts of the staff who will do everything it takes to get passengers to their destination. The Peach staff I spoke to were unknowledgeable about their own flights and schedule, unable to express themselves in English and simply unable to deal with simple requests / questions. I assumed, booking with a low-cost airline was a step down from the usual, but I was simply baffled on how bad and unprofessional the ground staff acted. Finally, when I found someone to rebook my flight, I was told by this staff member all flights were booked. Even if I wanted to fly Peach within 10 days, it was not possible, so I would have to book something else with another airline. I had to book a flight to Tokyo myself in the proper terminal. Missing my flight resulted in extra costs, which Peach will not reimburse me for. Do not accept “peach points”. I won’t need them as I will never fly with them again. Contacting the airline online or via email is even worse than in real life (how is that even possible in 2016?) Think no English speaking staff, long waits and recorded messages only in Japanese. I think this is deliberate to discourage complaints.
RouteOKA to NRT