Peach Aviation

"is beyond disappointing"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Hong Kong. This airline is beyond disappointing. I would recommend paying the extra bit to fly with a better airline, as at the end of the day, you really are not saving anything. When booking your flight, make sure you understand what is included. I had to pay 3750 Yen to check one luggage in at the airport. (Checked luggage allowance is zero). During the flight I was offered a bottle of water. I took a sip and the flight attendant came back and took it away. She said that my flight purchase does not include any drinks or snacks, and I don’t have to option to purchase it. Conclusion, a four hour flight with no water or snacks and no option to purchase any. If I could give it a negative rating, I would, because it’s not even worth a fraction of a star.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"happy flying with Peach"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Outbound flight from Hong Kong to Osaka MM068 scheduled at 1:25am. Arrived at KIX on time. Inbound flight from Osaka to Hong Kong MM067 scheduled at 9pm, delayed for 50 minutes. I took the same inbound flight in July 2017 and it was delayed for the same amount of time too, so I was prepared for possible delay this time. I had the Peach homepage opened with my mobile phone, so I could eat my bento in peace while waiting to board the plane and being able to check real-time updates of flight information. After touching ground in Hong Kong, I got the taxi calling numbers ready, so I could book one while waiting for my luggage. I also bought travel insurance before my trip, so I know that I would be compensated in case flights were delayed or cancelled. Given how I was prepared for all possible situations, I was happy flying with Peach as a LLC. Compared to my Peach flight in July 2017, I found that the announcements on board improved. E.g. Passengers were told about coming turbulence and advised to use the toilet before the turbulence. Pre-recorded announcements were made in both English and Cantonese. I was happy that Peach did not allow passengers to change seats, for security and safety reasons given many mainland Chinese tourists were on board. Both inbound and outbound flights were fully booked, seats were cramped as expected. Some passengers sneezed and coughed freely in the crowded cabin, so it might worth upgrading your seat to get some extra space and avoid getting the flu. I noticed that the Japanese passengers put on a mask once they got on board.
RouteHong Kong to Osaka
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the aircraft was clean and new"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew Peach Aviation from Bangkok to Okinawa. Check in on both outward and return legs was very efficient and the aircraft was clean and new. Seat pitch, as expected for an LCC, was rather tight. Service from both aircrew and cabin crew was excellent: safety was emphasised throughout. This flight has no inflight entertainment. Food sold for purchase on board was very tasty. The return flight was on time: the outbound flight had a two hour delay but this was not caused by Peach as the aircraft was in Bangkok ready for departure on time. Air Traffic Control in China closed their airspace due to overload on the last day of return from Lunar New Year. The pilot came personally to the boarding area to explain the issue and inform that he had obtained a new route via Philippines air space, saving a greater delay. A free meal on board was provided.
RouteBangkok to Okinawa
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"This is the worst airline"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Okinawa. Our flight was delayed 11 hours from departure time. We slept on the floor. Only got one bottle of water and one rice ball. No other support from the airline. We have tried to contact them through email, live chat, AI and facebook but couldn’t reach them .We need the official letter to claim the travel insurance. This is the worst airline!
RouteBangkok to Okinawa
Date FlownDecember 2017

"one of the worst airlines"

Trip Verified | Kansai to Hong Kong. Peach delayed our flight for 2 hours. When that time was reached they delayed it again for another 2 hours. The agent says they did not know when the plane would arrive to Kansai because something was broken. If they did not know when the plane was going to depart I could have taken another airline and flown out to my meeting. Now I have no choice but to take this flight miss my meeting which has cost me. I will never travel this airline again because they do not want you to go to another airline. They had chances to tell us and they chose to say it was only a 2 hour delay when they did not even know when or if the plane was going to arrive at Kansai airport. We received no food vouchers or compensation as well. Overall one of the worst airlines and I would never recommend or tell people to travel. Many of their planes have broken items, other planes are delayed as well for broken parts.
RouteKansai to Hong Kong
Date FlownDecember 2017

"perfectly reasonable service, cabin and price"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Flew Seoul to Okinawa last week for summer vacation with friends. For the short hop to Japan, Peach is perfectly reasonable in terms of service, cabin and price. As it's an LCC, there is an inherent understanding that you will be getting a simple experience. Yes, Okinawa terminal is a separate building by bus that is extremely bare bones. It is a part of the cargo area you must reach by bus from Domestic Terminal. As such, don't go there too early before your flight (there are only two airlines and flights staggered throughout the day, so it is never clogged). There is no shopping or cafe. Just a gate, some seats and a bathroom. As there were no irregular operations, there was no real ground service. I always do expect some delay with departure as they set the turn around time for flights very tight. The plane was clean. I always pre book an exit row so that I can check in late at the airport and not worry about where I sit. I would happily fly Peach again.
RouteSeoul to Okinawa
Date FlownAugust 2017

"experience was deplorable"

(China)

Verified Review | Yes Peach is a budget airline but this experience from Osaka to Shanghai was still deplorable. First they check in only a flight at a time, so don't bother being there too early as you will just wait. Then check in itself is nightmare as staff apply carry on rules more strict than their published rules. Anyway, the main issue is they have no supervisor, no feedback collection or contacting system.
RouteOsaka to Shanghai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"unacceptable from staff"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Unacceptable behavior from Peach ground and cabin staff who despite the flight from Hong Kong to Okinawa not being fully booked assigned us different seats. Once boarded, we realized that my fiancée had two free seats next to her and asked if I could be seated next to her. The staff prohibited us to be seating next to each other and showed no flexibility whatsoever despite no one sitting in that row.
RouteHong Kong to Okinawa
Date FlownJune 2017

"a pleasant flight on Peach"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kansai to Fukuoka all turned out to go quite smooth for me this time round. I'm guessing it's a hit or miss for everyone and this was a hit for me. Peach Aviation is a low cost carrier, and for the price I've paid it was definitely worth the value for the money. The check in was very quick and efficient. Peach uses a self check in concept which means there's only booths available for you. You can check in earlier as long as you scan the bar code at the machine which produces a receipt which is actually your boarding pass. It takes quite a while to get to the aircraft at the Kansai Airport but overall the check in process was smooth and efficient. The flight was a short and nice one. The seats were comfortable with decent leg room. My only problem was that the sound of the engine was a little too loud but otherwise it's a pleasant flight on Peach. No delays and no cancellation.
RouteKansai to Fukuoka
Date FlownJune 2017

"no follow-up service"

Verified Review | Worst ever flight, never again. Just a few hours before taking-off for the flight from Shanghai to Tokyo, I was informed that my Peach flight was cancelled. Cancellation is not too rare during travel, but there was no follow-up service, nobody took care of us at all except of a note in the worst ever copying quality. We had to run in the airport near midnight to find out available flight, because we scheduled to join a travel group in Tokyo the next day. The result was that we paid five time of the price for the one-way tickets to be able to reach Tokyo. The next day after we arrived Japan I sent email to contact the company, because we was told we have to apply for refund within a limited time, also I had to get confirmation for booked return ticket, no response until I asked my travel guide to call there directly. Six days later when I left Japan, I still had not received my refund, but I had a chance to experience my return travel to see what the Peach like. This company used an independent boarding building in Osaka airport, there was a long way to reach the check-in gate through display desks of duty-free store without a directional sign, a long way to reach boarding gate, and a distance to reach the flight in the middle of airport. Inflight, I found that there was no entertainment equipment on the sear, I could feel the knees of the traveller behind me through the soft chair back, I heard some travellers shouting because of luggage issues. We were able to calm down when we finally returned to Shanghai. Even until now, I still can hardly believe how a business with such a quality of service could exist, I lost my money and my vacation fun.
RouteShanghai to Toyko