Peach Aviation

"perfectly reasonable service, cabin and price"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Flew Seoul to Okinawa last week for summer vacation with friends. For the short hop to Japan, Peach is perfectly reasonable in terms of service, cabin and price. As it's an LCC, there is an inherent understanding that you will be getting a simple experience. Yes, Okinawa terminal is a separate building by bus that is extremely bare bones. It is a part of the cargo area you must reach by bus from Domestic Terminal. As such, don't go there too early before your flight (there are only two airlines and flights staggered throughout the day, so it is never clogged). There is no shopping or cafe. Just a gate, some seats and a bathroom. As there were no irregular operations, there was no real ground service. I always do expect some delay with departure as they set the turn around time for flights very tight. The plane was clean. I always pre book an exit row so that I can check in late at the airport and not worry about where I sit. I would happily fly Peach again.
RouteSeoul to Okinawa
Date FlownAugust 2017

"experience was deplorable"

(China)

Verified Review | Yes Peach is a budget airline but this experience from Osaka to Shanghai was still deplorable. First they check in only a flight at a time, so don't bother being there too early as you will just wait. Then check in itself is nightmare as staff apply carry on rules more strict than their published rules. Anyway, the main issue is they have no supervisor, no feedback collection or contacting system.
RouteOsaka to Shanghai
Date FlownAugust 2017

"unacceptable from staff"

(Hong Kong)

Verified Review | Unacceptable behavior from Peach ground and cabin staff who despite the flight from Hong Kong to Okinawa not being fully booked assigned us different seats. Once boarded, we realized that my fiancée had two free seats next to her and asked if I could be seated next to her. The staff prohibited us to be seating next to each other and showed no flexibility whatsoever despite no one sitting in that row.
RouteHong Kong to Okinawa
Date FlownJune 2017

"a pleasant flight on Peach"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kansai to Fukuoka all turned out to go quite smooth for me this time round. I'm guessing it's a hit or miss for everyone and this was a hit for me. Peach Aviation is a low cost carrier, and for the price I've paid it was definitely worth the value for the money. The check in was very quick and efficient. Peach uses a self check in concept which means there's only booths available for you. You can check in earlier as long as you scan the bar code at the machine which produces a receipt which is actually your boarding pass. It takes quite a while to get to the aircraft at the Kansai Airport but overall the check in process was smooth and efficient. The flight was a short and nice one. The seats were comfortable with decent leg room. My only problem was that the sound of the engine was a little too loud but otherwise it's a pleasant flight on Peach. No delays and no cancellation.
RouteKansai to Fukuoka
Date FlownJune 2017

"no follow-up service"

Verified Review | Worst ever flight, never again. Just a few hours before taking-off for the flight from Shanghai to Tokyo, I was informed that my Peach flight was cancelled. Cancellation is not too rare during travel, but there was no follow-up service, nobody took care of us at all except of a note in the worst ever copying quality. We had to run in the airport near midnight to find out available flight, because we scheduled to join a travel group in Tokyo the next day. The result was that we paid five time of the price for the one-way tickets to be able to reach Tokyo. The next day after we arrived Japan I sent email to contact the company, because we was told we have to apply for refund within a limited time, also I had to get confirmation for booked return ticket, no response until I asked my travel guide to call there directly. Six days later when I left Japan, I still had not received my refund, but I had a chance to experience my return travel to see what the Peach like. This company used an independent boarding building in Osaka airport, there was a long way to reach the check-in gate through display desks of duty-free store without a directional sign, a long way to reach boarding gate, and a distance to reach the flight in the middle of airport. Inflight, I found that there was no entertainment equipment on the sear, I could feel the knees of the traveller behind me through the soft chair back, I heard some travellers shouting because of luggage issues. We were able to calm down when we finally returned to Shanghai. Even until now, I still can hardly believe how a business with such a quality of service could exist, I lost my money and my vacation fun.
RouteShanghai to Toyko
Date FlownMay 2017

"No flights were cancelled"

Verified Review | Due to all the negative reviews, I was a bit nervous booking with Peach but booked anyway seeing as they were so much cheaper than any other airlines. In case you are uncertain about this company, here is a snap shot of our experience with Peach. My wife and I recently returned from a trip to Asia and booked three flights with them a couple months in advance: Osaka - Taipei, Taipei - Tokyo, and Tokyo - Seoul. No flights were cancelled and all left on time. Most of the reviews were accurate about being a bit cramped, one flight we couldn't sit beside each other and they didn't serve food or drinks without additional cost. At the same time paying that little for flights and seeing they are only 1-2hrs, it was a big deal for us. If you want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a flight go ahead but if you want a cheap flight from Japan to surround countries/cities, we highly recommend Peach.
RouteOsaka to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2017

"one of the worst I have seen"

(Chile)

Verified Review | Osaka to Shanghai. They canceled our flight two times, without provide any acommodation or food. Last time they just gave us the chance of refund money, and the worst thing is the money will be in two months! Finally we had to buy tickets two times more expensive in another company, plus 5 days lost on our holiday. Customer sevice is one of the worst I have seen.
RouteOsaka to Shanghai
Date FlownApril 2017

"definitely fly with Peach again"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Taipei to Kansai return. I was a bit worried about flying with this airline after reading some bad reviews, but everything went very smoothly. The staff were professional and friendly, the airplane seats surprisingly comfortable (but very tight on legroom), and the tickets were good value for money. I would definitely fly with Peach again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteTaipei to Kansai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no information or customer service"

(China)

Verified Review | Peach is the worst airline we have travelled on. We had a flight scheduled from Naha to Osaka (Kansai) and then a booking with a separate airline from Osaka (Kansai) to Shanghai. When we arrived at Naha airport they announced that our flight would be over 3 hours delayed. This would cause us to miss our connecting flight. We contacted their contact center who informed us because the tickets were purchased separately there was nothing they could do. As a result we had to sleep overnight in Osaka (Kansai) airport since no hotel rooms were available and there were no flights leaving Osaka for Shanghai that night. We received no refund, no information or customer service. We received exceptional service and kindness during our visit to Japan from local restaurants, hotels and shops etc. However our experience with Peach is the worst we have had with any airline anywhere.
RouteNaha to Kansai
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"extremely short flight and worth the money"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Weekend getaway to Osaka. Extremely short flight and worth the money with cabin cleanliness and excellent crews. Our 8.40 pm flight departed late (usually does as it did in the past), so a front row seat prebooking is recommended. The airport is empty at this time upon arrival, but a front seat ensures no queue. We landed at 10.45 and made it to our bus at 11 with time to go to the bathroom, use the ATM and get some water. Any further behind and you wait another hour for the bus. On our return flight to Incheon, complimentary exit row seats were orovided at the check in counter (kiosk didn't complete check in) without even asking.
RouteICN to KIX