Top 100 Airlines

Peach Aviation

"Keep hiring great people"

I was ready to write a very nasty review after my horrible experience trying to phone them to change a minor booking error. They updated their website using a new system, and all of our birthdates were bumped up one day, even though I entered them correctly. For example, a birthdate of August 1 was into their new system as August 2. If this situation was not resolved, I would be really stressed out before arriving at the airport, because it was highly likely that we would probably wouldn't be able to board. If you enter one wrong button on the phone, ex. press 1 for changing your booking, then they hang up on you. It costs me .75 cents a minute, so after the fourth time it gets really frustrating and annoying. I purchased a $10 international calling card after this, and I got hung up on another four times until I finally got through. I got through by pressing 1 for changing your booking, then 6 for changing the # of passengers, then 1 for having your booking # ready, and you should be able to get through unless I missed a step (sorry). If it doesn't work, just make sure you press something that's like a big change like a cancellation/refund, changing itinerary for 1 person in a group itinerary, upgrading to premier, etc. and you will get through! However, I received such great customer service from a lady on the phone that I am really happy that I booked with them. Honestly, I was stunned and amazed when I received someone on the other line who was so accommodating, respectful, and apologetic for the issues I was having on the website. I really wasn't expecting this after I read about the horrible experiences on multiple outlets. Feel bad that I don't remember the agent's name, but thank you! Keep hiring great people, Peach.
RouteKIX to NRT
Date FlownMarch 2016

"no information and no apologies"

I flew Peach aviation for a round-trip from Seoul to Okinawa with my girlfriend and baby girl. As we planned this family vacation quite late they were the only tickets left for that journey at that time and were not particularly cheap. As you can expect from a low-cost airline, we had to pay extra to check-in our luggage (I recommend doing it online before departure as it is cheaper) and had to pay for everything onboard. However we were very disappointed to see that there was no particular services offered to families with babies at all. During the onward journey from Seoul Incheon to Naha, the flight was delayed by one hour. Fortunately it is a rather big airport with lots of things to do and we were therefore not bothered by the wait although we were always rushed to go to the gate. On the other hand, the outward journey was something else. When we got to Naha international terminal, we couldn't find the Peach counter, we were then told by security that they operate from another terminal and that we had to take a shuttle bus. This extends considerably the time you need to go to their counters. Turns out the Peach "terminal" is a cargo hall in the cargo area which is why only their buses can go in (taxis and private cars are not allowed in there). As we got there we find out our flight was delayed by 15 min but we were still rushed to go to the gates. When we got to the gate, we were told the flight was actually 40 min delayed and after those 40 min that we had to wait another hour. Overall the flight left with more than 2.30h delay (for a 2.25h flight). Unfortunately the waiting was unbearable. Because of the cargo hall situation the only shop inside was a tiny souvenir shop with no food and no drink which makes it very difficult when you have a hungry and thirsty baby. What makes it worse is that Peach staff were completely useless. Only one out of four spoke some English (which is unbelievable when only 5% of their passengers on that route are Japanese) and they refused to answer any question regarding the delay and the reason. When we asked for someone in charge they just wouldn't answer and just left us clueless. There was absolutely no announcement about the progress, no information and no apologies. All passengers were simply left in the dark with nothing to do, nothing to eat and nothing to drink. I advise any future buyers to be careful. I will never fly them again.
RouteOKA to ICN
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"staff polite and pleasant"

Tokyo Narita to Osaka. Peach Aviation is a good budget airline, compared to some others used before. Easy to use self check in service at Tokyo airport. Flight left on time, cabin staff were polite and pleasant. The plane was clean, and seats were comfortable with a fair amount of leg room. One of the better, if not best budget airline I have travelled with.
RouteNRT to KIX
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"definitely not recommend them"

We flew Peach Aviation from HKG-KIX in late September and would definitely not recommend them. Even for a low cost company, they are not worth the bother though they are quite cheap. I have and never had such a bad experience. There is no web check in, which is a nonsense. To make matters worse, check-in at HKG airport opened very late. (Check-in at KIX was a joke). Boarding was a nightmare. Peach staff didn't even try to organize the queue. Not even sure if there was any staff at all, in fact. Seats are cramped, even for a LCC. Seat pitch is 29" and my traveling partner's legs just did not fit (he's 6" tall). Bearable for 3 hours, but unpleasant. Terminal 2 in KIX is a glorified hangar. It's clean, though, and there is free WiFi, as well a 7-11 for food. Other LCCs use Terminal 1, which is much more convenient. Outbound flight (HKG-KIX) was delayed by 45-50 minutes. Not unexpected for an evening flight on a LCC, but there was no announcement, no information, nothing. Not even an apology. Peach staff was conspicuously absent. Inbound flight back to HKG was cancelled due to Mujigae typhoon. No other airline cancelled KIX-HKG flights, though most were understandably delayed. But Peach just didn't want to bother, so they cancelled the flight outright at the last minute (50 min before the flight!), after keeping passengers in the dark for 1.5 hours. Peach staff was polite but completely useless, and seemed as clueless as the passengers. Again, there was no apology. No explanation at all in English (thankfully I speak Japanese, and could translate for other passengers). We were told to either queue up for 1 or 2 hours until they could rebook us onto other flights (probably the next day, or the day after, with no accommodation or compensation, naturally) or to fend for ourselves and ask for a refund later. Considering Peach's incompetence and total disregard for their customers, we chose the latter option, and managed to book at seat last minute on the afternoon HK Express flight, which got us safely home (and which, while a LCC, had competent staff and kept us informed of delays). Overall, the lesson is, you get what you pay for? We paid peanuts and got monkeys. Buyer beware! Personally, I'll take my business elsewhere and pay a bit more for a better LCC (HK Express performed admirably) or bite the bullet and use a normal company.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2015

"terrible customer service"

Terrible customer service with Peach! Arrived to the airport over an hour before the flight and no signs showing where the Peach counter was. Had to ask security to find the bus/shuttle to take us to the terminal that was 15 minutes away in a strange warehouse set up. Once at the counter, we still had 30 mins before our flight but were unable to check in because check ins must be made 50 mins before the flight. Even though we had one carry on each and no checked bags, the staff would not work with us at all to make the flight. No refund or flight transfer funds were offered. We even tried to fly to Osaka instead but by the time we asked we were only 48 minutes before the next flight and were unable to check in. We asked for the supervisor and were first told no, then told he wouldn't be there until after an hour. And by the way, in the thirty minutes we tried to talk to the representatives, over 3 other groups of four people were turned away at the counter as well for not making the 50 minute check in window. Peach clearly sells cheap tickets and banks on the fact that people will not make the flight in time to check in. Worst customer service I've ever experienced. Be warned.
RouteOkinawa to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2015

(Hong Kong)

Terrible customer service - there is no email contact, no phone number answered by a human being. My son's flight was cancelled about 7 weeks ago due to a typhoon, which is totally understandable - but after 7 weeks, there has been no contact from Peach, no refund and you can never get hold of anyone in Hong Kong to speak to.
RouteHong Kong to Osaka

Peach Aviation customer review

I have traveled 6 times in the last 5 years with Peach, every time the quality is lower. My last flight with them will probably be the last. The cost is no longer that competitive, only a few thousand yen compared with main airlines (JAL, ANA, etc) when you add all the extra costs like luggage, booking fees. The cabin hasn't been renovated, looks like it is the same for the 5 last years, the carpets are worn, there are scratches on the seats. If you are over 1m 85, your legs do not fit in the the standard seats. During my last flight, all seats on exit rows where empty, I asked the attendant if I can move to one of the these seats, she refused. Then before take off she asked me not to put my legs in the aisle as it blocks the way. I asked then again to be moved to exit row where I won't bother anyone - refused again. Once we were airborne she came to explained me she followed her instructions: exit rows can be bought with extra fees on the ground, so next time I fly with Peach, I can book it. Smart marketing strategy, unfortunately because of these kind of greedy attitude there won't be a next time.
RouteOkinawa to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2015

Peach Aviation customer review

My flight was cancelled for family of 6 on return flight from Okinawa to Hong Kong. The flight was okay, a budget airline low of staff whatever. However, no update on flight status on website until we got to airport. At the airport, all the flights from Peach were cancelled. A mass of people lining up to rebook, no compensation for other costs incurred, hotel or other airline. Opted for refund, but it is almost a month now yet no refund - I called the "contact line" but only directs you to website and no live agent. Check website and no other way to contact. I tried refund on webpage but says no booking found. Overall if all goes well, you are ok. But if they cancel your flight, all hell breaks loose and you may still deal with refund issue months after. I rather pay more at a better company.
RouteOkinawa to Hong kong

Peach Aviation customer review

Well it's a budget airline, so you don't expect things to be like a full cost one. But these days the standard is lifting. I recently flown Jetstar Japan and Peach. The issue with Peach is customer service and on ground services at the airport. I'm writing this as I sit in a converted cargo shed in the Naha freight terminal. Waiting to board a flight that is already late. That is after the most confusing and messed up check in. Peach are strict about checked bags. One peice per person. Due to an extra bag and some odd weight limit per person policy combined carry on and checked, which I have not seen with other carriers, we ended up doing a repack on the floor at the check in. Due to language issues I mistakenly left a knife I purchased in Japan in a bag that was intended to be checked but became a carry on at the last minute. Ok that's my fault but then again if the did not have such a wacky bag and weight policy I would not have been forced to repack in pressured conditions and made to the mistake I did and lost a unique souvenir. I'm yet to actually fly but I'm not expecting much now. Sure I should have read all the policy info, but the point is when compared to the competition operating in the same market Peach is miles behind on customer service. I did read reviews here that said as much, they were 3 years ago, I assumed the airline may have improved since then. Not so. Fly Peach but just make sure you read the fine print with these guys. Or better still fly another LCC.
RouteOkinawa to Hong Kong

Peach Aviation customer review

Busan to Osaka 4th July 2014 and no issues whatsoever. The seats were comfortable for the short haul and the staff were friendly. The aircraft was brand new passenger welfare and safety was carried out diligently. For a low cost carrier I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to explore East Asia.