Peach Aviation

Review by (Hong Kong)

Terrible customer service - there is no email contact, no phone number answered by a human being. My son's flight was cancelled about 7 weeks ago due to a typhoon, which is totally understandable - but after 7 weeks, there has been no contact from Peach, no refund and you can never get hold of anyone in Hong Kong to speak to.
RouteHong Kong to Osaka

Review by (France)

I have traveled 6 times in the last 5 years with Peach, every time the quality is lower. My last flight with them will probably be the last. The cost is no longer that competitive, only a few thousand yen compared with main airlines (JAL, ANA, etc) when you add all the extra costs like luggage, booking fees. The cabin hasn't been renovated, looks like it is the same for the 5 last years, the carpets are worn, there are scratches on the seats. If you are over 1m 85, your legs do not fit in the the standard seats. During my last flight, all seats on exit rows where empty, I asked the attendant if I can move to one of the these seats, she refused. Then before take off she asked me not to put my legs in the aisle as it blocks the way. I asked then again to be moved to exit row where I won't bother anyone - refused again. Once we were airborne she came to explained me she followed her instructions: exit rows can be bought with extra fees on the ground, so next time I fly with Peach, I can book it. Smart marketing strategy, unfortunately because of these kind of greedy attitude there won't be a next time.
RouteOkinawa to Hong Kong
Date FlownAugust 2015

Review by (Canada)

My flight was cancelled for family of 6 on return flight from Okinawa to Hong Kong. The flight was okay, a budget airline low of staff whatever. However, no update on flight status on website until we got to airport. At the airport, all the flights from Peach were cancelled. A mass of people lining up to rebook, no compensation for other costs incurred, hotel or other airline. Opted for refund, but it is almost a month now yet no refund - I called the "contact line" but only directs you to website and no live agent. Check website and no other way to contact. I tried refund on webpage but says no booking found. Overall if all goes well, you are ok. But if they cancel your flight, all hell breaks loose and you may still deal with refund issue months after. I rather pay more at a better company.
RouteOkinawa to Hong kong

Review by (Australia)

Well it's a budget airline, so you don't expect things to be like a full cost one. But these days the standard is lifting. I recently flown Jetstar Japan and Peach. The issue with Peach is customer service and on ground services at the airport. I'm writing this as I sit in a converted cargo shed in the Naha freight terminal. Waiting to board a flight that is already late. That is after the most confusing and messed up check in. Peach are strict about checked bags. One peice per person. Due to an extra bag and some odd weight limit per person policy combined carry on and checked, which I have not seen with other carriers, we ended up doing a repack on the floor at the check in. Due to language issues I mistakenly left a knife I purchased in Japan in a bag that was intended to be checked but became a carry on at the last minute. Ok that's my fault but then again if the did not have such a wacky bag and weight policy I would not have been forced to repack in pressured conditions and made to the mistake I did and lost a unique souvenir. I'm yet to actually fly but I'm not expecting much now. Sure I should have read all the policy info, but the point is when compared to the competition operating in the same market Peach is miles behind on customer service. I did read reviews here that said as much, they were 3 years ago, I assumed the airline may have improved since then. Not so. Fly Peach but just make sure you read the fine print with these guys. Or better still fly another LCC.
RouteOkinawa to Hong Kong

Review by (Australia)

Busan to Osaka 4th July 2014 and no issues whatsoever. The seats were comfortable for the short haul and the staff were friendly. The aircraft was brand new passenger welfare and safety was carried out diligently. For a low cost carrier I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to explore East Asia.

Peach Aviation customer review

Review by (United States)

I made two trips on Peach Taipei to Kansai and Kansai to Hong Kong. This is a low-cost airlines with few amenities (no in-flight entertainment no WIFI no complimentary beverage or food service but food and drink can be purchased). The staff were very friendly and efficient on both flights but their emphasis is on handling lots of people efficiently and less with catering to individual desires. (Both of my flights were filled with young adult tourists.) The prices for my flights were very low compared to traditional carriers. If you want to fly cheaply and don't mind the lack of amenities I think Peach is a great choice. Warning to tall people: The spacing between seats (29 in) is smaller than traditional carriers (30-32 in).

Review by (Brazil)

To those who complain about European LCs I would recommend a Japanese LC as Peach to see that EasyJet or RyanAir are not as bad as they look. Our flight an A320 was so late on arrival to Taipei and departure from Taipei that we landed at Midnight in KIX. Immigration + Customs. No more transportation available out of airport which is on an island! Peach did not take any measures (at least advising taxis) and we were just dropped off in an empty airport. They had their profit. They did not care as they had "apologized for the delay". Peach sells a Taipei-Osaka 6.50 flight which is late in nearly 70% of the cases. It always arrives close to the last buses out of Osaka Airport. They know it but risk is at passengers expenses.

Review by (South Korea)

Seoul to Osaka Round Trip (2/14 and return 2/16). Very popular route for Koreans to take a weekend trip! Excellent price for such a short flight (one hour and 45 minutes maximum). We experienced a weather delay of one hour due to random snow at KIX. As we were on the last flight out of Seoul we were scheduled to arrive at KIX the minute the last bus was scheduled to depart for Osaka. I want to say that Peach told the bus to wait for the plane. We were the only ones in the Peach terminal (T2) when we arrived and there was still a bus waiting on us 20 minutes behind schedule! The seats were a little tight and I'm 5'11" (180cm) but they're nothing unusual for an LCC. They offered snacks drinks and shopping onboard which a lot of people bought. We just bought a water (small mini Evian bottle). They take both currencies and cards which is convenient. The flight attendants were friendly although very serious about bags under seats and phones turned off. The only odd thing was that they didn't actually speak Korean (just Japanese and English minimal pre-recorded Korean) and the flights were about 96% Korean 3.95% Japanese and 0.05% foreigner. I would gladly fly them again.

Review by (Australia)

Sapporo to Osaka Kansai. Peach are a fantastic low cost airline! The whole experience from check in to flying was faultless. The staff are very attentive polite and professional. Onboard food (for purchase) was delicious. I would definitely fly with them again.

Peach Aviation customer review

Review by (United States)

ICN-KIX-SDJ SDJ-KIX-ICN: Fantastic experience all-around. Every flight was either early or on-time and flight attendants were top-notch on all four flights. The new Sendai LCC Terminal 2 which only services Peach Airlines at the moment is clean quiet and all around stress free and I never waited more than 1 minute for immigration check-in or security. Unlike other low cost carriers I never felt like Peach was "out to get me" by slapping on additional fees and whatnot which I absolutely appreciate. I will definitely fly again in the future and I hope Peach continues to expand!