Peach Aviation

Review by (Australia) 11th July 2015

Well it's a budget airline, so you don't expect things to be like a full cost one. But these days the standard is lifting. I recently flown Jetstar Japan and Peach. The issue with Peach is customer service and on ground services at the airport. I'm writing this as I sit in a converted cargo shed in the Naha freight terminal. Waiting to board a flight that is already late. That is after the most confusing and messed up check in. Peach are strict about checked bags. One peice per person. Due to an extra bag and some odd weight limit per person policy combined carry on and checked, which I have not seen with other carriers, we ended up doing a repack on the floor at the check in. Due to language issues I mistakenly left a knife I purchased in Japan in a bag that was intended to be checked but became a carry on at the last minute. Ok that's my fault but then again if the did not have such a wacky bag and weight policy I would not have been forced to repack in pressured conditions and made to the mistake I did and lost a unique souvenir. I'm yet to actually fly but I'm not expecting much now. Sure I should have read all the policy info, but the point is when compared to the competition operating in the same market Peach is miles behind on customer service. I did read reviews here that said as much, they were 3 years ago, I assumed the airline may have improved since then. Not so. Fly Peach but just make sure you read the fine print with these guys. Or better still fly another LCC.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteOkinawa to Hong Kong

Review by (Australia) 14th January 2015

Busan to Osaka 4th July 2014 and no issues whatsoever. The seats were comfortable for the short haul and the staff were friendly. The aircraft was brand new passenger welfare and safety was carried out diligently. For a low cost carrier I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting to explore East Asia.

Review by (United States) 18th June 2014

I made two trips on Peach Taipei to Kansai and Kansai to Hong Kong. This is a low-cost airlines with few amenities (no in-flight entertainment no WIFI no complimentary beverage or food service but food and drink can be purchased). The staff were very friendly and efficient on both flights but their emphasis is on handling lots of people efficiently and less with catering to individual desires. (Both of my flights were filled with young adult tourists.) The prices for my flights were very low compared to traditional carriers. If you want to fly cheaply and don't mind the lack of amenities I think Peach is a great choice. Warning to tall people: The spacing between seats (29 in) is smaller than traditional carriers (30-32 in).

Review by (Brazil) 11th March 2014

To those who complain about European LCs I would recommend a Japanese LC as Peach to see that EasyJet or RyanAir are not as bad as they look. Our flight an A320 was so late on arrival to Taipei and departure from Taipei that we landed at Midnight in KIX. Immigration + Customs. No more transportation available out of airport which is on an island! Peach did not take any measures (at least advising taxis) and we were just dropped off in an empty airport. They had their profit. They did not care as they had "apologized for the delay". Peach sells a Taipei-Osaka 6.50 flight which is late in nearly 70% of the cases. It always arrives close to the last buses out of Osaka Airport. They know it but risk is at passengers expenses.

Review by (South Korea) 17th February 2014

Seoul to Osaka Round Trip (2/14 and return 2/16). Very popular route for Koreans to take a weekend trip! Excellent price for such a short flight (one hour and 45 minutes maximum). We experienced a weather delay of one hour due to random snow at KIX. As we were on the last flight out of Seoul we were scheduled to arrive at KIX the minute the last bus was scheduled to depart for Osaka. I want to say that Peach told the bus to wait for the plane. We were the only ones in the Peach terminal (T2) when we arrived and there was still a bus waiting on us 20 minutes behind schedule! The seats were a little tight and I'm 5'11" (180cm) but they're nothing unusual for an LCC. They offered snacks drinks and shopping onboard which a lot of people bought. We just bought a water (small mini Evian bottle). They take both currencies and cards which is convenient. The flight attendants were friendly although very serious about bags under seats and phones turned off. The only odd thing was that they didn't actually speak Korean (just Japanese and English minimal pre-recorded Korean) and the flights were about 96% Korean 3.95% Japanese and 0.05% foreigner. I would gladly fly them again.

Review by (Australia) 13th January 2014

Sapporo to Osaka Kansai. Peach are a fantastic low cost airline! The whole experience from check in to flying was faultless. The staff are very attentive polite and professional. Onboard food (for purchase) was delicious. I would definitely fly with them again.

Review by (United States) 16th June 2013

ICN-KIX-SDJ SDJ-KIX-ICN: Fantastic experience all-around. Every flight was either early or on-time and flight attendants were top-notch on all four flights. The new Sendai LCC Terminal 2 which only services Peach Airlines at the moment is clean quiet and all around stress free and I never waited more than 1 minute for immigration check-in or security. Unlike other low cost carriers I never felt like Peach was "out to get me" by slapping on additional fees and whatnot which I absolutely appreciate. I will definitely fly again in the future and I hope Peach continues to expand!

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th June 2013

Kansai-Sendai. Lovely new planes with wide leather seats attentive cabin crew and easy self check in at both Kansai and Sendai airports. Great value for money much cheaper and quicker than the train. Will definitely use Peach again.

Review by (Australia) 15th November 2012

FUK-KIX MM152/MM159 A320-300. New aircraft and clean. I was in the middle seat enough space and nice leather seat that was comfortable. Staff are very friendly and polite. Drinks and snacks are for sale but it was only about 1 hour flight so I didn't get anything. There is LCC terminal at KIX. Its new and clean. Everything is smooth. Easy to check yourself in.