Vote Now

Peach Aviation

"definitely fly with Peach again"

(Taiwan)

Verified Review | Taipei to Kansai return. I was a bit worried about flying with this airline after reading some bad reviews, but everything went very smoothly. The staff were professional and friendly, the airplane seats surprisingly comfortable (but very tight on legroom), and the tickets were good value for money. I would definitely fly with Peach again.
AircraftA320-200
RouteTaipei to Kansai
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no information or customer service"

(China)

Verified Review | Peach is the worst airline we have travelled on. We had a flight scheduled from Naha to Osaka (Kansai) and then a booking with a separate airline from Osaka (Kansai) to Shanghai. When we arrived at Naha airport they announced that our flight would be over 3 hours delayed. This would cause us to miss our connecting flight. We contacted their contact center who informed us because the tickets were purchased separately there was nothing they could do. As a result we had to sleep overnight in Osaka (Kansai) airport since no hotel rooms were available and there were no flights leaving Osaka for Shanghai that night. We received no refund, no information or customer service. We received exceptional service and kindness during our visit to Japan from local restaurants, hotels and shops etc. However our experience with Peach is the worst we have had with any airline anywhere.
RouteNaha to Kansai
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"extremely short flight and worth the money"

(South Korea)

Verified Review | Weekend getaway to Osaka. Extremely short flight and worth the money with cabin cleanliness and excellent crews. Our 8.40 pm flight departed late (usually does as it did in the past), so a front row seat prebooking is recommended. The airport is empty at this time upon arrival, but a front seat ensures no queue. We landed at 10.45 and made it to our bus at 11 with time to go to the bathroom, use the ATM and get some water. Any further behind and you wait another hour for the bus. On our return flight to Incheon, complimentary exit row seats were orovided at the check in counter (kiosk didn't complete check in) without even asking.
RouteICN to KIX
Date FlownOctober 2016

"Peach is not a reliable airline"

(Austria)

Verified Review | Flight from Shanghai to Tokyo Haneda was cancelled by Peach only a couple of hours before departure. There was no information provided on further procedure until 2.5 hours before the planned departure, when Peach check-in counter finally opened. There is no way to contact Peach via phone, so you had to wait till then to get any information. Peach staff told the passengers that the flight was cancelled due to weather related issues and that there will be no rebooking or any assistance. Questions raised by some passengers why all the other flights of the departure and destination airport are perfectly in time were ignored. Everything they were able to say in an increasingly rude tone was basically: "we can't help you, leave us alone". They handed over a sheet of paper with information on how to get a money refund (of course flight only, no other expenses related to cancelation) or how to book an other Peach flight (next one in 24 hours). Since the information that Peach will not provide any other flight came very late (flight departure was 1:25 AM, and counter opened only about two hours before) there was only one flight to Tokyo left on the same day. Ironically by ANA, the mother of Peach Aviation. Needless to say that the around 500 USD they would have charged was way too much for everyone and all people had to book flights for the next day, which where still around double the price of the Peach refund. So far my experience with Peach. As a European I have quite some experience with low-cost carriers like Ryanair or EasyJet. I am perfectly aware that there is a difference to regular airlines regarding service and so on. That's the deal and that's how they can provide cheaper prices. Still the super short notice of the cancelation, the obvious lying about the reasons (even the staff admitted at some point that weather is not the reason but terms and conditions of Peach allow them to cancel for no reason, so it doesn't make a difference), and the total refusal to give any assistance on booking a new flight or compensate for the additional costs, was rather shocking for an airline from Japan (remember, this is the country where train staff is apologizing to every single passenger when a train runs late for a couple of minutes). Conclusion: In my experience Peach is not a reliable airline, and as reliability is the most important thing for an airline, I cannot recommend them at all.
RoutePVG to HND
Date FlownNovember 2016

"onboard crew were lovely"

Verified Review | Osaka to Seoul. Check in staff were extremely unenthusiastic and so were the security staff, the departure lounge is small but just the right size and perfectly easy to navigate, wouldn't arrive extra early as you'd be bored. The A320 aircraft was well kept and not too in your face which budget cabins can be guilty of, the onboard crew were lovely. Would definitely use them again, much better than JetStar but not quite as good as Air Asia!
RouteKIX to ICN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"staff were despicably bad"

Verified Review | Okinawa to Tokyo Narita with Peach. Please don’t fly with this airline - I learned that when it goes wrong, it goes really wrong. My flight MM504 departure experienced mid air difficulties and we were forced to return to Okinawa. Very limited information on board (only in Japanese) and this led to many people with anxiety and stress. After our emergency landing in Okinawa, we were left with no information, no care, and no follow up at all. The flight was simply designated as “cancelled”. We received no assistance or explanation or help at all. Ground staff were despicably bad. None of them mastered a conversational level of English (for a tourist route like that) and no one cared at all. Even for a low-cost carrier it was shameful, dishonest and by far the worst I have ever seen. Unlike any other airline I have flown with, including many Japanese airlines, I normally am surprised by the efforts of the staff who will do everything it takes to get passengers to their destination. The Peach staff I spoke to were unknowledgeable about their own flights and schedule, unable to express themselves in English and simply unable to deal with simple requests / questions. I assumed, booking with a low-cost airline was a step down from the usual, but I was simply baffled on how bad and unprofessional the ground staff acted. Finally, when I found someone to rebook my flight, I was told by this staff member all flights were booked. Even if I wanted to fly Peach within 10 days, it was not possible, so I would have to book something else with another airline. I had to book a flight to Tokyo myself in the proper terminal. Missing my flight resulted in extra costs, which Peach will not reimburse me for. Do not accept “peach points”. I won’t need them as I will never fly with them again. Contacting the airline online or via email is even worse than in real life (how is that even possible in 2016?) Think no English speaking staff, long waits and recorded messages only in Japanese. I think this is deliberate to discourage complaints.
RouteOKA to NRT
Date FlownOctober 2016

"very tight and cramped"

(Japan)

Osaka to Hong Kong. We bought two tickets together, but we could not get two seats together when we tried several times at the auto-check-in machine. We were early enough so it wasn't possible that there were no more pair seats remaining. We asked a young Peach staff, he said you have to pay extra to guarantee seats together. We were amazed by this. We spoke to the duty manager, a nice lady, and she confirmed that auto-checkin assigns seats randomly. We told her we had bought tickets together and were now checking in together and we had never come across this situation before. She of course apologised, but confirmed that unfortunately we would have to pay extra for guaranteeing sitting together. Inside the aircraft was very tight and cramped.
RouteKIX to HKG
Date FlownJuly 2016

"will not fly Peach again"

Verified Review | Osaka to Okinawa. Never again I hope. Even at Osaka airport their gates are far away and seem remote and isolated. The flight crew were pleasant enough; there is the low amount of amenities and attention I've come to expect from an LCC. I never had any doubts about the safety of the flight, the plane seemed in new condition, and the crew very professional. But at arriving at Naha, Okinawa (on time), I became very frustrated with Peach. Once again, I soon found out, we were deposited into a far away terminal, but this one was even more remote than at Osaka; it felt like I was in a hot warehouse. After claiming my bag (of course I had to pay to check my 1 bag; at least Jeju Air lets you check a bag for free, and doesn't make you sweat and wait in some forgotten place), there was a long line to get outside. I had no idea what the line was for, why we were waiting, and why the line of people was not moving. There were no Peach employees anywhere to be seen. After about 10 minutes in line, I thought I saw a Peach employee walking by, going into an office door, so I attempted to call out to her - I am fairly certain she heard me, and made eye contact with me, but went through the door anyway and closed it behind her. A few more minutes passed, and I was able to find out from an employee of a rental car company that we were waiting in line for a shuttle bus to take us to the main terminal. I then noticed that there were indeed buses coming, but so infrequently, that it took at least 30 minutes of standing in the Peach warehouse (apparently no A/C, for it was Hot in there) before I (and most other passengers) were able to board their shuttle to the proper terminal, a 5 minute ride, packed full, still hot. I went on their website today, to make a complaint, and I could find nowhere any contact information for them (only ways to book a flight, take your $, and kiss you goodbye.) I will not fly Peach again.
RouteKIX to OKA
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"impossible to contact Peach Airlines"

(Norway)

Tokyo to Sapporo with Peach. Never again. Due to heavy snow in Sapporo the plane had to return back to Tokyo. The passengers were informed that we could transfer at no extra cost to the next available Peach flight. The only problem was that the next available Peach flight to Sapporo was in 3 days which did not fit my travel plans. No other compensation was given. In order to get a refund it was necessary to submit a refund application form on line within 10 days. I tried several times to fill in the form on line but it was rejected each time. I therefore did the following in order to try to solve the problem. - I called Peach Contact Center a number of times Nobody answered the phone - in spite of waiting more than 30 minutes each time. - I tried to find a mail address for Peach Airlines in order to make contact No mail address available - I went in person to Peach Airlines at Narita to get a mail address I could contact They could nor find such an address either. Nor could they contact Peach Contact Center for me. In short - it is impossible to contact Peach Airlines. Reading other customers' reviews I now realise this is a common complaint. I have still not got my refund, and will of course not use or recommend this airlines.
RouteNRT to CTS
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"meets all the expectations"

(Japan)

Flew from Osaka to Hong Kong with Peach Aviation. Peach meets all the expectations of a low cost carrier and exceeds some of them. Check in was very simple and straightforward. It only took a few minutes and was totally automated. Staff on board were friendly and efficient and the food and drink was reasonably priced. Seats were comfortable. For short haul flights like this the lack of inflight entertainment isnt really a problem, just bring a good book or your ipad and youre all set. Overall, I highly recommend Peach and will use them again next time I go to Hong Kong
RouteITM to HKG