Onur Air

Review by (France) 16th June 2015

I was nervous after reading the reviews but everything was ok. Plane was new and we arrived on time. Cabin crew were nice but they don't speak much English. Given bread, juice and coffee for free. Great comfort for a good price.

Review by (Switzerland) 24th February 2015

Istanbul - Izmir. Flight arrived on time. Staff nice and professional. They were smiling nice friendly. Aircraft A320 was clean comfortable. Paying service great with enough choice. Will choose Onur Air again on next trip to Turkey.

Review by (Austria) 20th November 2014

Flew 3.11. DIY-IST with Onurair because of the convenient flight-time. Departure on time plane clean Airbus 321. Toilets clean but the legroom is awful I'm only 171 cm but my knees touched the sit in front of me. No IFE FA cool neutral no smile. There was a menu card prices affordable but nobody offered anything the trolley was moved from row ten directly to the back of the plane. If you want to go from A to B with no service no smiles use them but Turkish is much better.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd October 2014

Travelled to Ercan on 6th Oct. After reading the reviews I was very nervous about travelling with this airline but had no choice in the matter as it was a package holiday booked through Cyprus Paradise. The flight out was fine we left on time and arrived on time no problems there apart from the cramped legroom space but to be honest it wasn't any worse than EasyJet or Pegasus. The crew were a different matter a more surly indifferent bunch you could not wish to meet. One of the toilets was a problem and smelt absolutely awful especially for those sitting near to it. Nothing was done about it until we reached Antalya and the cabin crew changed over then some air fresher was finally sprayed about. The return trip left on time and all seemed to go well until leaving Antalya when the pilot informed us that we were now going to divert to another airport before going onto Stansted for "operational reasons". Fortunately it was not too long a wait on the ground and we arrived at Stansted just 2 hrs late. As a nervous flyer taking off and landing 3 times was a bit stressful but I have to say the cabin crew on this flight were a lot nicer and approachable. Would I travel with this airline again? No I think I would avoid it at all costs.

Review by (United Kingdom) 22nd October 2014

Travelled on the 12/10/14 from Dalaman - horrendous flight. Firstly it was delayed by over two hours and we were offered a soggy lettuce and cheese sandwich which was disgusting. Once on the plane the seats were tiny and leg room none existent. The temperature on board was in excess of 35 degrees and when I asked for it to be reduced I was told it was set automatically - about half an hour before we landed in did drop by a small amount. To little to late. Would never fly with them again.

Review by (United Kingdom) 20th October 2014

Dalaman to Manchester on 6/9/14. On arrival at the airport we were made aware of a 5 hour delay from other passengers - at no time did check in staff mention anything and we only had it confirmed by the published departure time on our boarding passes. We finally left Dalaman at 23.30 7 hours late! Some refreshments given at 18.00 but again no information. When the flight eventually left there were no apologies from staff and the only explanation given by the Captain was "technical difficulties". Onur air offer poor inflight service expensive goods and rude abrupt staff. I complained via their website using the email address provided for Customer Relations and also the email contact form. I have received no acknowledgement or reply to either. My advice is not to fly with Onur Air but spend a little extra and get a decent airline with proper customer values.

Review by (United Kingdom) 12th October 2014

Travelled to Northern Cyprus on 13th September 2014 on Onur Air. This is the worst airline I have travelled on and will never travel with them again. The airline was delayed 10 hours due to a spare part being needed which they could not get so another plane was flown in at 8pm. We should have left Manchester at 11.55 am and finally set off at 10pm. We arrived at our hotel at 6.30 am on the 14th September tired and annoyed. This was another day of our holiday lost really due to tiredness. The crew on board were very surly never smiled spoke only when they had to and in my opinion need retraining. If/When we travel to Northern Cyprus again it will not be with Onur Air and I advise anyone thinking of going to look at comments given by other people.

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th October 2014

We flew from Gatwick to Dalaman Turkey on September 19th 2014. We had pre-booked our seats on the plane but found someone else in these seats and the staff were either unable to help or simply didn't want to. The staff on the trip to Dalaman were rude unhelpful and spoke almost no English. I tried to explain to one of the staff that there was no toilet roll left in the toilet but was waved away by the member of staff sitting at the front of the plane. The staff then had difficulty finding more toilet rolls for the rest of the flight. The cost of the drinks etc was extortionate and staff had almost no change to give to people who didn't have the exact amount of money to pay for their goods. On the return journey on Sept 26th the staff couldn't have been nicer and more helpful they all also spoke very good English. On the return journey we were able to sit in the seats we had purchased.

Review by (United Kingdom) 5th October 2014

Scheduled to depart Manchester at 11.55 hrs Saturday 13th September delayed for just short of 10 hours very little information dripped to the passengers other than a fault trying to source a spare part from another Manchester based airline then an aircraft being sent to us from Munich which was also delayed. The cabin crew on the journey to Antalya obviously knew of the problems because they sought sanctuary behind the curtain at the front of the cabin. When they ventured beyond the curtains it was in pairs did they believe they needed protection. The return journey was the second worst I have experienced. We left Erca about 15 minutes early on the 20th September. The majority of the seats would not lock in the upright position when the aircraft accelerated for takeoff we were all thrown back into the laps of the passengers behind us - surely there are safety measures being breached there. Upon arrival at Antalya where we were supposed to remain on the aircraft we were told to get off and headed into a corner of the departure area. We were told information would be provided in ten minutes I still await this information. Someone did say the aircraft needed a tyre change this does not require the evacuation of passengers and removal of baggage. I now understand it was to transport delayed passengers to their destination. Why was this service not offered to us at Manchester on our departure date an Onur Air aircraft arrived to take undelayed passengers to Dalaman airport.

Review by (United Kingdom) 24th September 2014

Traveling to and from Northern Cyprus on Sept 6th until 20th from Manchester. Having travelled to many parts of the world this trip is the most horrific we have had. Onurair treatment of passengers the seating room cabin crew and food was the poorest we have ever come across. On the return flight we were forced to change planes to allow other tourists to fly to Holland. We were forced to use an Airbus 321 which should have been retired years ago or several rows of seats removed to improve passenger comfort this part of the whole trip was horrendous even for passengers of normal height under 6ft were doubled up. Never Again.