Best Cabin Crew

Onur Air

"seat comfort is good"

(Turkey)

Check in process on line was straighforward. Flight delayed leaving Istanbul by over 1 hour. Ground crew at the airport were quite unhelpful. After take-off a trolley seemed to roll out of its position in the galley and made a very loud crash as did a smaller metal box. This is the first time I have ever seen a cabin attendant get out of her seat whilst the aircraft was at such a steep angle. For most of the flight a trolley was placed in front of the entry to the galley so the front toilet was not accessible. Other than this it was an acceptable flight. Food is for purchase only. Quality was as to be expected for paid food on a short flight. The seat comfort is good as they are quite padded compared to other airlines.
RouteIstanbul to Ercan
Date FlownOctober 2015

"impossible to lower tray"

(Denmark)

Onur Air cabin crew and flight deck spoke poor English. Seating was bad, no legroom and I got stuck, seat 15B was 2 cm further forward than A and C (see picture) my girlfriends trousers got a rip because of broken plastic in armrest. The tray could only be lowered so it stood in an upright positions of 20-30 deg as it would hit my chest, even for my 3 yr old daughter it was impossible to lower tray. Cabin was old and not clean. It was a charter flight. Entertainment was Turkish commercials.
RouteAntalya to Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2015

"worst experience I have had flying"

This is about the worst experience I have had flying. Firstly they canceled the original flight after making us wait over 5 hours at the gate. They lied about the reason for the wait claiming bad weather in Istanbul was the cause, purely to avoid having to pay compensation for the delay. In reality their plane had technical problems. They then said to come back the next morning for a 4am check in, for a 6 am departure. We were waiting over an hour and a half before anyone showed up at the check in desk. This flight was also delayed for over 2 hours! After we got to Istanbul I found that my luggage and tool case had not been put on the flight and had absolutly no help from the airline. As of writing this review I am still waiting for response as to where my property is.
RouteBerlin to Istanbul
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"otherwise I would avoid"

Very small seats and drinks were not free. Boarding was very disorganized, and we sat well past the boarding time with no explanation. The price was decent but would take Turkish Airlines instead if the price was anywhere near Onur Air. Verdict: if Onur Air price is much better than Turkish Airlines and the flight is short, it might be worth it - but otherwise I would avoid.
RouteDalaman to Istanbul
Date FlownAugust 2015

(Turkey)

I flew from Istanbul to Berlin in July 2015. The seat was very uncomfortable. Water was not free, they charge 3 Euros for a small bottle. The staff could hardly speak any English. On top of all that, both pieces of my luggage was delayed 4 days.
RouteIstanbul to Berlin
Date FlownJuly 2015

Onur Air customer review

I was nervous after reading the reviews but everything was ok. Plane was new and we arrived on time. Cabin crew were nice but they don't speak much English. Given bread, juice and coffee for free. Great comfort for a good price.

Onur Air customer review

Istanbul - Izmir. Flight arrived on time. Staff nice and professional. They were smiling nice friendly. Aircraft A320 was clean comfortable. Paying service great with enough choice. Will choose Onur Air again on next trip to Turkey.

(Austria)

Flew 3.11. DIY-IST with Onurair because of the convenient flight-time. Departure on time plane clean Airbus 321. Toilets clean but the legroom is awful I'm only 171 cm but my knees touched the sit in front of me. No IFE FA cool neutral no smile. There was a menu card prices affordable but nobody offered anything the trolley was moved from row ten directly to the back of the plane. If you want to go from A to B with no service no smiles use them but Turkish is much better.

Onur Air customer review

Travelled to Ercan on 6th Oct. After reading the reviews I was very nervous about travelling with this airline but had no choice in the matter as it was a package holiday booked through Cyprus Paradise. The flight out was fine we left on time and arrived on time no problems there apart from the cramped legroom space but to be honest it wasn't any worse than EasyJet or Pegasus. The crew were a different matter a more surly indifferent bunch you could not wish to meet. One of the toilets was a problem and smelt absolutely awful especially for those sitting near to it. Nothing was done about it until we reached Antalya and the cabin crew changed over then some air fresher was finally sprayed about. The return trip left on time and all seemed to go well until leaving Antalya when the pilot informed us that we were now going to divert to another airport before going onto Stansted for "operational reasons". Fortunately it was not too long a wait on the ground and we arrived at Stansted just 2 hrs late. As a nervous flyer taking off and landing 3 times was a bit stressful but I have to say the cabin crew on this flight were a lot nicer and approachable. Would I travel with this airline again? No I think I would avoid it at all costs.

Onur Air customer review

Travelled on the 12/10/14 from Dalaman - horrendous flight. Firstly it was delayed by over two hours and we were offered a soggy lettuce and cheese sandwich which was disgusting. Once on the plane the seats were tiny and leg room none existent. The temperature on board was in excess of 35 degrees and when I asked for it to be reduced I was told it was set automatically - about half an hour before we landed in did drop by a small amount. To little to late. Would never fly with them again.