Best Cabin Crew

Oman Air

"probably last flight"

My first and probably last flight experience with Oman Air was our holiday flight to Sri Lanka from Frankfurt to Colombo return via Muscat. We booked Oman Air, because of the low price and in comparison to Doha and Abu Dhabi smaller airport, expecting transfer clearance going quicker. The airplane impression was so far ok, entertainment was very poor, the choice of available movies was more a collection of older movies than recent ones. The service quality of staff was poor onboard the flight. After serving the meals the trash was left for another hour and a half in front of the passengers. On the return flight I forgot my Kindle in the seat pocket and informed the cabin staff on our connection flight directly during boarding about it. They told me to get in touch with ground staff and either deliver before departure or get in touch with me after returning. Now, being back since 3 weeks no-one contacted me. Obviously it was my mistake but just as a matter of caring about the customer needs I would have appreciated a formal message, at least that the device was not found. The way of treatment was coherent with the treatment of the staff onboard. Oman Air missed the chance to get me as a new loyal customer.
RouteFRA to CMB via MCT

"surpassed our expectations"

Travelled to Muscat from Heathrow business class, and the Oman Air experience far surpassed our expectations. The car transfer, airport concierge service at Heathrow and cabin experience were all excellent. My husband felt unwell on the outward flight and the cabin staff could not have been more helpful. They were very gracious and attended to our every need on the outward and return flights. The return trip through Oman airport could have been better in terms of fast tracking business customers once we left the lounge; although this may not have been Oman Airs fault it does need to be improved, and it was not as good as the LHR experience which was seamless. Some of the IFE choices were a little "quaint" but generally fine. We would definitely travel with Oman Air again when we visit our regular hotel in Oman.
RouteLHR to MCT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"need to brush up service"

Kuala Lumpur to Muscat, and the flight was on time but Oman Air needs to beef up its service to match the other gulf airlines. Good legroom, the IFE is fine with sufficient choices, the food quality is good and the cabin was clean. The main meal was only served 5 hours into a 7 hour flight. Some passengers were hungry and had to ask for some food. Cabin crew disappeared after serving a muffin and bottle of water at the start of the flight and had to call twice before being able to get a bottle of water. I flew Malaysia Airlines on a connecting flight from Australia and their service was much better. Oman Air's hardware is fine but they really need to brush up on service. Will be interesting to see if my return flight is better.
AircraftA330-200
RouteKUL to MCT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"would not readily recommend"

London to Colombo via Muscat, and I though I would give Oman Air a go. It was a big mistake. The London to Muscat flight was 30 mins delayed, and then the Muscat to Colombo flight was delayed by 5 hours - which ruined a wonderful birthday gathering I should have attended. I was issued a voucher to get breakfast at Muscat, there was no apology. The attidude lacked any any care, saying this happens all the time and you just have to wait till the flight departs. I would not readily recommend this airline.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 737
RouteLHR to CMB via MCT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"cabin does not feel overcrowded"

(Malaysia)

Flying Kuala Lumpur - Frankfurt via Muscat with Oman Air. Entertainment system did not work on several seats and several re-start attempts did not help. Seats are flat and width of seats is good, but I find them a bit uncomfortable to sleep in. Due to the arrangements of 1-2-1 the cabin does not feel overcrowded. Cabin in general shows already signs of wear. Selection of movies could be better. Food is ok. Ground handling in Muscat is not very well organized - only one queue for economy and business for boarding. Announcement regarding flight status were non-existent. Lounge in Muscat is nice and not too many people there on a Saturday morning. Food selection good. Liked the seats in the 787. Managed even to sleep a little bit in them. However, the entertainment system failed a few times when we experienced slight turbulences - according to the cabin crew - teething problems. Had to rebook my return flight. Called the Muscat Call Center and the women handling my rebooking was not up to her task. She wanted to charge me the rebooking fee for bookings originating in Europe instead of the rebooking fees stated in my flight condition for Malaysia. Calling the Kuala Lumpur office solved the issue. Overall the flight was pleasant and I would fly them again, especially in the 787.
AircraftA330 and Boeing 787
RouteKUL to FRA via MCT
Date FlownJanuary 2016

"never again with Oman Air"

(Sweden)

Colombo to Munich via Muscat with Oman Air. Colombo to Muscat on an old plane with tired staff, we landed at Muscat Airport for the first connection flight of two. Now all the passengers are stuck in the transfer hall because Oman Air has overbooked (heavily) - most of the passengers booked their tickets more than 6 months ago! Really bad handling by this unprofessional company. Everybody misses their other connection flight, lots of us will be missing first day of work, never again will we be flying with Oman Air.
RouteColombo to Muscat

"a poor flight"

Muscat to London Heathrow on Oman Air. Over an hour delay leaving from Muscat. The food was poor, seated in row 25 and only fish or vegetarian left. Few drinks were offered - half a small cup of tea and no refill. The headsets were collected 40 minutes before landing. There was little engagement with the cabin crew. Toilets not too good. The seat was clearly old and uncomfortable. Luggage slow coming out at Heathrow. All in all, a poor flight.
RouteMCT to LHR

"cabin crew charmless"

This was my 3rd time flying with Oman Air on the London to Muscat route. The return flight over the Christmas period was very expensive so I was even more irritated by the poor service by that I experienced on previous flights. The cabin crew were charmless and absent for most of the flight. No drinks offered before dinner served. No alcoholic drinks were offered with dinner but I was given one when I asked for it. Breakfast was an awful muffin in a cardboard box and no offer of a hot drink. The passenger next to me asked for a coffee. The stewardess said she would come back to him but did not. Earphones were collected 30 minutes before landing, clearly for the convenience of the staff but not for the passengers. I reported a toilet in a disgusting state but nothing was done about it.
RouteLHR to MCT

"could do much better"

Oman Air Business Class from Muscat is a very pleasant experience. The separate check-in area and lounge are excellent, although customer service in the lounge was nowhere near as good as the last time I flew. The seats are still outstanding in business class, but they are starting to look a little tired. The food was not as good as expected (I recently flew Business with Malaysia Airlines and they were considerably better in this department), but staff onboard were excellent and attentive. I had yet another plesant flight with Oman Air. They could do much better in a number of areas, but the last time I suggested this their customer service department were unconcerned about the thoughts I had to offer. The attention to detail for Business Class customers is definitely lacking. I'm still a supporter of Oman Air and hope they can prove my doubts wrong on my next flight. WiFi / internet is a paid service and I think this is unacceptable for business class customers.
AircraftA330-300
RouteMuscat to London
Date FlownDecember 2015

"very disappointed"

(Qatar)

This is by far the worst experience for cuatomer support we experienced. Oman Air changed our flight which we bought as a direct flight to a flight with a stopover so the trip ended up taking 3 times the time planned. We did only got to know about it by getting new e tickets send and no exclusion or anything. We of course tried to complain and cancelled the tickets as we could get tickets with other airlines much cheaper if we was willing to do a stopover. We had planned the trip to arrive at dinner time as that is perfect for the kids now we ended up arriving in the middle of the night without dinner for the kids. Every time we tried to talk to them they just send us on to another person and no one was willing to help. We will never recommend this airline to anyone. We are very disappointed.
RouteDoha to Muscat