Vote Now

Oman Air

"an excellent all round experience"

Verified Review | Manila to London Heathrow via Muscat. I was slightly apprehensive about my return trip, due to how impressed I was with the outward bound flights. To my delight, the same high standards were met - professional staff from start to finish, clean and very comfortable aircraft and excellent food served with a smile. At 6ft tall it was a joy to get adequate leg room, sadly not available on other airlines. The short stopover went without any problems at all with only a very short delay. The only small complaint was the cleanliness of the toilets onboard, but this was just just poor passenger hygiene. For the price, this was an excellent all round experience.
RouteManila to London via Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"crew was brilliant"

(Poland)

Verified Review | Oman Air from Frankfurt to Colombo via Muscat. Aircraft from Frankfurt to Muscat (A330-200) 7 years old, Muscat to Colombo (A330-200) 2 years old. On the way back A330-300 registration number A40-BY (2 years old) and B737-900 1 year old. In all A330 in economy class a lot of space between the rows. We were positively surprised. I have never flew in an aircraft with this amount of space. In my opinion, the Oman Air A330 with the configuration 2-4-2 is one of the top economy class - I would risk to say that it was better than Emirates A380 economy class. The crew was brilliant we can't complain. The food very good. The only thing that I would improve it is the inflight entertainment system - always some kind of problem even in 2 years old planes. Despite great choice of films and games for kids always touch screen problems, we had to change headphones 2 times, the connectors between headphones and the system. The crew was trying to help but the screens were simply broken. Good thing the flights were not full so we could change the seats. Muscat Airport is a very small and basic (new one has been built and it is a matter of months when they move in to the new premises - it looks very impressive from outside). What we did not like is the very long annoying music during take off and landing in all planes and the ground Oman Air crew at the Muscat airport. There is no priority for passengers with kids to board the plane (Emirates are better in that matter).
AircraftA330-300
RouteFrankfurt to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"no kind of assistance offered"

Verified Review | Milan to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat. Oman Air was voted Best Airline Economy three years in a row, so I assumed they would be a safe option. In Muscat, we were boarded, and then needed to sit for more than two hours on a very hot plane, with no water or snacks offered, only to be disembarked back into the airport. I informed the ground staff that the majority of the customers had no idea which gate we should go to. After another two hours of confusion, we were re-loaded into another plane. Arriving more than four hours late to Kuala Lumpur, I had missed my connecting flight, I asked for some assistance but I was simply told to rebook and it wasn't their problem. I needed to spend 8 hours in KLIA, my bags were lost, there was no Oman Air staff to be contacted, no meal vouchers or any kind of assistance offered. I missed an important business event the following day and had massive out of pocket expenses to rebook a last minute flight to Australia. Delays happen, I understand. But the attitude of both the ground staff in Oman and Kuala Lumpur was deplorable. Despite repeated efforts to contact the airline, no response from the 5 emails and forms has been responded to. On a side note, it was the worst airplane food I have ever experienced. It was in inedible. The entertainment system was extremely limited compared to the other international airlines I've flown.
RouteMilan to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"Overall quality very good"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Flew Oman Air to from Milan to Bangkok via Muscat by A330 and Boeing 787. Overall quality very good, both in booking (seat selection available for free), check in, service, food and IFE (large number of movies in itlaian on board). Muscat airport is a bit old, but transfer has been quick and smooth. One of the 787 had a high density configuration with little legroom, while the other and the A330 had normal legroom for a long range flight.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteMXP to BKK via MCT
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"needs to improve vastly"

Verified Review | We booked a round trip from Bangalore to Dubai via Muscat. Both times, our flights were delayed by close to 2 hrs, due to which we missed (or they made us miss) our connection flights to Dubai. The ground staff were very unhelpful and we had to literally run around to gt the next flight. The first time, we had to wait about 4-5 hrs to take the next flight and the second time, we were provided Etihad Airways to Abu Dhabi (from Muscat) and from Abu Dhabi to Bangalore. The 3.5 hr flight from Bengaluru to Dubai took us close to 12 hrs to reach (including the time we checked in). With a 2 year kid, it was a nightmare. In short, take this flight if you really want to go through this pain. Oman Air, being a national carrier for Oman, needs to improve vastly.
RouteBLR to DXB via MCT
Date FlownDecember 2016

"cabin crew were very good"

I was very pleased to see the way that the seat on WY102, LHR to Muscat were laid out in business class, 1-2-1, but unfortunately my seat 10A controls did not work properly so I could only recline partly which mean that I could not sleep. Muscat airport still does not have air bridges even though their airport is now over 2 years behind the official opening date, which means that you have to walk up and down stairs and be transported by bus to and from the plane. The cabin crew were very good, the food and drinks only so-so. Muscat to MNL was also on an A330 but with new seating layout, 2-2-2, which I think is a backwards step, but then they can get more bodies on board by using this layout and one has to remember that airlines are not being run for the benefit of passengers but as a business enterprise to make a profit. Food and drinks were also average on this flight, CC were all good, I didn't need to ring the bell as they seemed to anticipate all of my needs, the only 2 criticisms that I have to make is that you have to eat when they want to feed you and not on demand like some other middle eastern airlines offer, also that they only serve you neat drinks, no cocktails etc available. Did not have time to try their lounge in Muscat due to very short 1hour 40 minutes layover time which was shortened by having to use buses to and from the planes, otherwise if they have air bridges I would recommend them especially for their low prices. Maybe their new airport will be open by the time I return in April 2017 and hopefully they will have rectified the fault with the seat, because I am also booked on seat 10A for both flights on my return journey.
RouteLHR to MNL via MCT
Date FlownDecember 2016

"disappearing in the galleys"

Verified Review | Most of my comments on my last review from CDG to MCT apply to the flight from Bangkok to Muscat. Both night flights on same aircraft type. However this particular flight was delayed for over 40 minutes at the gate by airport traffic control. During this time, I would have expected the cabin crew to offer business class passengers another round of drinks instead of disappearing in the galleys. In-flight catering was excellent. I tried unsuccessfully to buy duty free items on board.Flight attendants mixed up my order and then told me that the selected items were not available.
RouteBKK to MCT
Date FlownNovember 2016

"Good food and drinks"

Verified Review | Paris to Muscat. First flight in Boeing 787 business class. Seat configuration 2x2x2 same as in renovated A330 business class and same seat with easy to adjust positions and easy access to the aisle even when you have a window seat. My negative points are the same as in economy cabin: electronic window shades are slow to adjust and cabin temperature is too high. In-flight service on this particular flight was discreet and efficient. Good food and drinks.
RouteCDG to MCT
Date FlownOctober 2016

"inflight service all the way was good"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew Oman Air from Kuala Lumpur to Heathrow with a change of plane in Muscat, both legs on Airbus A330s. On the first stage the aircraft was full with seats in the 32in pitch. The second leg had the better 34in pitch. This flight was less than half full meaning every passenger had at least 2 seats to themselves. The inflight service all the way was good, hot meals, snacks, alcohol and plenty of cold drinks. Crews very good.
RouteKUL to LHR via MCT
Date FlownDecember 2016

"flight experience was good"

Verified Review | London to Bangkok via Muscat with Oman Air. Surprisingly one of the best economy trips I have done. Very smooth check in, flight experience was good, nice aircraft. The leg room is 10/10, best economy leg room I have experienced compared to other major airlines. I was able to stretch and fully extend my feet at 6ft tall. Plane food could be better however entertainment system was full of movies and very good. I would recommend Oman Air and likely to fly with them again to Asia given how cheap it is and the high quality provided.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787