Oman Air

"avoided eye contact"

Not Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat. Both flights delayed as we had to wait 45 mins for connecting passengers each time. Cabin Crew looked busy and did not greet passengers and avoided eye contact. Food very small and average. Films were old.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2018

"did not bother to check"

Trip Verified | No vegetarian meal served as I requested when booking. Stated that my name was not on the list (wrong information because other connecting flights had my name on the list). Flight attendants did not bother to check and were rude. Cold dinner was served on 12/06/18 from Oman to London. Not satisfied with the experience. Very disappointed.
RouteOman to London Heathrow
Date FlownJune 2018

"a very good experience"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to London via Muscat. This was a very good experience. We were able to use the excellent Malaysia Airlines lounge at KL. Boarding was efficient and the welcome on board was warm. Our window seats were very comfortable, fully lie-flat but perhaps a little narrow. The meal choices were extensive and the quality was good. Muscat airport was uncrowded and easy to move through, and the lounge was spacious and pleasant. While the first flight operated on time, the second flight had a 90-minute delay, for reasons explained by the captain once we boarded. The aircraft had what looked like an older cabin -- more roomy and with much more storage, but with a more dated feel. The service was a little more hit and miss. Overall the flights were extremely good value for the fare paid.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2018

"improve the ground staff service"

Trip Verified | London to Lahore via Muscat. From London the flight was comfortable. We were served good quality food. Entertainment system was average, there were not many options for movies etc but they had some new choices. Flight crew on both legs of the journey were very helpful and caring as I was travelling with my 3-year-old son. Both aircraft were pretty new and maintained well but there is need to improve the quality of food to 4 or 5 star standards. I will travel on Oman Air again, but only if they improve the ground staff service quality and airport security, otherwise you may travel with any other airline from Middle East then Oman Air.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 737-800
RouteLondon to Lahore via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2018

"food was copious and excellent"

Trip Verified | Milan Malpensa to Nairobi via Muscat. The online check in and bag drop were smooth. Both flights operated on time. The private lounge at Malpensa was very comfortable and not crowded, but with limited food and drink options. On both flights the service was friendly and efficient. Aboard the A330 the food was copious and excellent, and the seats were comfortable and gave a good night's rest. At Muscat the new lounge was extremely comfortable, not at all crowded and with a variety of very tasty food - the best Business Class lounge I have experienced (alcoholic drinks were not available as it was Ramadan). Our onward B737 flight to Nairobi was more basic - old-style Business Class seats with IFE screens stowed in the armrest. The food was fine - no alcohol was offered on this flight (perhaps because of Ramadan), but some passengers apparently knew it could be obtained by asking. Business passengers were bussed to the terminal first, and their luggage came out first - very impressive.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 737
RouteMilan Malpensa to Nairobi via Muscat

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Muscat. I travelled Oman Air after a gap of a few years. I chose Oman Air as I had to make an onward connection to Doha. I was amazed by my experience. Ground handling was super smooth. Aircraft was supremely neat and clean. Crew were hospitable and very helpful. In flight service was excellent. Transit was well managed though the lounge was a bit crowded. Onward flight to Doha was good as well.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteChennai to Muscat

"One of the best"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bangkok via Muscat. One of the best in class service. Flight was operated by Boeing 787 business class. Its the best business class cabin compared to A330-300 which I flew before. Meals and IFE was awesome and they have wide choice of regional language entertainment. They had a wide choice of decent menu and cabin crew were extra polite and excellent service. The ground staff also were very helpful. 100% recommended airline with no delay in both onward and return journey. The return flight from MCT to DXB was operated in Boeing 737 Max which is a super silent aircraft. Many thanks for the excellent service by Oman air and will see you in future travel.
RouteDubai to Bangkok via Muscat

"Staff very friendly"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Muscat to Munich return in business in April. Out on an old A330, return on a new B787. I prefer the old Oman Air business class seats and cabin configuration, which is much more spacious than the new - somewhat crammed - 2-2-2. Seats comfortable on both planes. If stretched out into the bed position even the 2-2-2 of the 787 gives enough privacy. IFE of excellent technical quality with a somewhat dated movie selection. Impressive printed menu, and food and drinks were excellent. But on both flights I did not get my choice from the menu. On the way out they had even run out of all but one option of starters and main when it was my turn to order. I was not sitting in the last business cabin row. Staff very friendly, very helpful but - again as usual at Oman Air - sometimes disturbingly loud in the galley during their off times.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787
RouteMuscat to Munich
Date FlownMay 2018

"never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | Salalah to London via Muscat. I was very disappointed by the lack of customer service, on the ground by check in staff as well as the cabin crew. Unfortunately we experienced a 12 hour delay due to a late arriving flight causing us to miss our connection. These things do happen - but this was not the worst of the problem. We received no apology from the airline and after wandering around trying to find someone to help us, we were treated as though this was our problem. After speaking to the customer service desk in Muscat and waiting a further 15 minutes for an Oman Air service supervisor she explained that we would go to a hotel and wait until the next flight. This supervisor was extremely rude. We were not allowed to take our luggage to the hotel - so there really wasn't much point in a hotel as we couldn't freshen up or use the facilities. The hotel was disgusting anyway so wouldn't have used it regardless. With myself and my partner paying £800 between us, I am shocked this is the best they can offer. We were not allowed any drinks other than juice, unless you wanted to pay extra as the airline would not cover this. The best thing about the airline was the in flight entertainment - but don't expect to be able to watch it as there are constant announcements, in three different languages. We flew overnight and hoped we would be able to sleep throughout. This was not possible with the constant announcements and being woken up for breakfast at 1am when the flight did not arrive until 4.30. I would never fly with this airline again.
RouteSalalah to London via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2018

"the crew being the carriers weak link"

Trip Verified | Flights mainly on time and the Y class section on the A330 aircraft is above average in quality with a 34 inch seat pitch. 737 Y class poor with very firm seat. The airline is mainly let down by a large number of the crew being disinterested e.g. on the outbound 7 hour leg only doing the rounds for beverages on two occasions this is not normal for a flight of this length. Some crew do go above and beyond but the airline clearly has issues overall with the crew performance that needs to be addressed. Overall though due to the above average seating on the A330 I would say the experience was quite positive despite the crew being the carriers weak link.
AircraftA330-200 & Boeing 737-900