Oman Air

"never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | Salalah to London via Muscat. I was very disappointed by the lack of customer service, on the ground by check in staff as well as the cabin crew. Unfortunately we experienced a 12 hour delay due to a late arriving flight causing us to miss our connection. These things do happen - but this was not the worst of the problem. We received no apology from the airline and after wandering around trying to find someone to help us, we were treated as though this was our problem. After speaking to the customer service desk in Muscat and waiting a further 15 minutes for an Oman Air service supervisor she explained that we would go to a hotel and wait until the next flight. This supervisor was extremely rude. We were not allowed to take our luggage to the hotel - so there really wasn't much point in a hotel as we couldn't freshen up or use the facilities. The hotel was disgusting anyway so wouldn't have used it regardless. With myself and my partner paying £800 between us, I am shocked this is the best they can offer. We were not allowed any drinks other than juice, unless you wanted to pay extra as the airline would not cover this. The best thing about the airline was the in flight entertainment - but don't expect to be able to watch it as there are constant announcements, in three different languages. We flew overnight and hoped we would be able to sleep throughout. This was not possible with the constant announcements and being woken up for breakfast at 1am when the flight did not arrive until 4.30. I would never fly with this airline again.
RouteSalalah to London via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2018

"the crew being the carriers weak link"

Trip Verified | Flights mainly on time and the Y class section on the A330 aircraft is above average in quality with a 34 inch seat pitch. 737 Y class poor with very firm seat. The airline is mainly let down by a large number of the crew being disinterested e.g. on the outbound 7 hour leg only doing the rounds for beverages on two occasions this is not normal for a flight of this length. Some crew do go above and beyond but the airline clearly has issues overall with the crew performance that needs to be addressed. Overall though due to the above average seating on the A330 I would say the experience was quite positive despite the crew being the carriers weak link.
AircraftA330-200 & Boeing 737-900
RouteLondon to Kozhikode via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2018

"plus is the great legroom"

Trip Verified | Muscat to London. The main plus is the great legroom - they are like premium economy seats, with corresponding extra recline. Highly recommended. Aircrew are very nice and efficient and the meals were unremarkable.
RouteMuscat to London

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | Flew Oman Air from Dubai to Muscat. Lovely airline, lovely crew. Despite a near 2 hour delay on departure from DXB, due to a sandstorm, the crew were great, water and snacks delivered throughout the delay and the Flight Deck gave us up-to-date information as and when they received it. Only downside? Bring back the snack-box with the mini pretzels, dip, mini cheese snack and date bar with water all in one box. The new sandwich and water is awful; the sandwich is just a blob of dough with which can only be described as some sort of reformed chicken type paste. Awful! Even the crew miss the snack-box. But overall, good airline and good crew.
RouteDubai to Muscat
Date FlownMay 2018

"wait 8 hours at the airport"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Karachi. Oman Air overbooked, had to wait 8 hours at the airport. My mother had wheelChair support but no one try helping us out. They didn't even load my suitcases. No dinner, No place to stay. During flight No head phones was given for flight. Asked for water they took 35min to bring it.
RouteMuscat to Karachi

"consistently better pricing"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Doha. I like them a lot. Cabin crew are less plastic and more human than some in the area. The planes are hit and miss - some great ones (beds etc) and some old ones that have seen better days. My bags and I have departed ways more than once in muscat - but within 24 hours we are reunited. The shared lounge in London bucharest and vienna are all ok too. Oman air is an honest, down to earth option and the new airport beautiful (even if transit security is a mess, wifi needs an sms and the staff seem lost inside the new space) I'm giving them a try - as my prefered carrier in this region. A genuinely friendly option with consistently better pricing than many.
RouteMuscat to Doha
Date FlownApril 2018

"it was a pleasant journey"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Dubai via Muscat. First time to fly with Oman Air. Did online check in and chose a seat. However, upon boarding, the seat that i selected was blocked. I was asked to wait for almost everyone to have their seat to check on a vacant seat. Cabin crew, although nice and pleasant, were not smiling for when I interacted with them. Surprisingly, Arabic food served was tasty. InFlight entertainment was good. Seat was comfortable. Overall, it was a pleasant journey.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Dubai via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2017

Oman Air customer review

Trip Verified | London to Abu Dhabi via Muscat. Check in felt chaotic and disorganised. Boarding was late. Onboard a small snack was served after 45 minutes. Dinner was served 2 hours in to the flight which was past midnight UK time. I was asleep head down on the tray table, the cabin crew made several attempts to wake me for my meal which I did not appreciate. In Economy 5 toilets exist, only 2 were operational. Breakfast roll on landing was substandard. Generally cabin crew are pleasant, leg room was ample, in flight entertainment seemed okay but I did not use it. In summary Oman Air are the cheapest on some routes, I probably would fly with them again if they offered a considerable saving. However you won't get the bells and whistles. If you are looking for a cheap flight and don't care much for the food or service, this airline works just fine.
AircraftA330-300
RouteLondon to Abu Dhabi via Muscat
Date FlownMarch 2018

"No menu was given to us"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manchester via Muscat. The staff were not welcoming. No menu was given to us on our outbound flight and the option we chose had run out on our outbound flight. The toilet was horrendous in economy, and one of the toilet on our inbound flight had no water. Ground crew in Manchester and Dubai the greatest asset.
RouteDubai to Manchester via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2018

"not so good food"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Muscat to Milan. This was my fourth time flying Omanair. After that I can say I have found a big difference from the first time flow. Really surprised how changed in less service, space seat and service. From Muscat to Milan the hostess unkind and nervous, poor service and not so good food.
RouteMuscat to Milan