Top 100 Airlines

Oman Air

"best flight I have ever flown"

Verified Review | Flew on Oman Air flight WY824 from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Flight was delayed for 24 minutes due to traffic congestion in Changi Airport. But we arrived 4 minutes ahead of schedule. The legroom of this A330 aircraft is amazingly big, especially for the 40 minutes flight to KL. The touchscreen IFE was very responsive, just that headsets were not provided for this short flight. The cabin crews are very helpful and friendly. The refreshments include a cookie with water and apple juice, you may also pre order your own meal online at no extra charge. I am a frequent flyer on Singapore to KL route and I can say that this is the best flight I have ever flown on this route.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSIN-KUL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"a very comfortable flight"

Verified Review | Dubai to Mumbai via Muscat. My 3rd time taking Oman Air on this route. This time had taken this airline just to try the Boeing 787 on DXB-MCT. I must say it turned out to be a very comfortable flight. The only issue was that the IFE did not work as system was down. On the 737 for BOM-MCT: very comfortable seats, good legroom, great IFE and relaxing on-board ambiance. For the crew, they are polite and good. However, very reserved. Food onboard was reasonable, but disappointed with the fruit platter I ordered. Let down as opposed to what competition offers, Transit was alright, As I had lounge access. Otherwise MCT airport is not a very pleasant airport to transit at, This has been the airline of my choice as it has great connections to the Indian subcontinent and I enjoy my experience each time I fly.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / 737-900
RouteDXB to BOM via MCT
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"service onboard flights really good"

Verified Review | This is our first time flying Oman Air. For last minute booking from Frankfurt to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat, Oman Air offered the lowest price compared to other airlines. The price was really unbeatable. Overall the service on board for all our flight sectors was really good. Flight attendants were friendly, warm and helpful. Food and entertainment were OK, nothing to complain about. Seats in our flight from FRA to Muscat and Muscat to Kuala Lumpur had a spacious legroom, even with my husband's long legs he had no problem stretching them. As for our return flights Kuala Lumpur to Muscat and Muscat to FRA, legrooms are tight and those with long legs had to suffer the whole journey. Besides tight legrooms, the entertainment system were all fully touch screen control and every time the passenger behind me touching his screen, my seat being pushed forward, which disturbed me big time especially when I was trying to sleep. It would be better if a hand held controller is being used. One small glitch happened during our flight from Muscat to FRA. We were being transported from boarding lounge to the plane by a bus after a long wait at the lounge. When the bus reached the plane, the cleaning works were not done and all of us were being locked inside the bus for like 40 mins and the air-conditioning were not functioning well. I guess there was a lack of communication. With the unbeatable price offered, Oman Air is another contender in the Gulf region.
RouteFRA to KUL via MCT
Date FlownAugust 2016

"cabin crew were extremely rude"

(Oman)

Verified Review | Flew Oman Air from Muscat to Salalah. Nice Aircraft and comfortable seats. However there were no air vents to cool passengers. The plane was hot. The cabin crew were extremely rude. Just one muffin served for 1hr 45 minutes. No coffee or tea on the meal service despite being in the morning flight. The crew never smiled or made passengers feel welcome - poor service.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteMCT to SLL
Date FlownAugust 2016

"staff very friendly2

Muscat to Chennai with Oman Air. Nice journey. Food was good and as usual all staff were very friendly. Toilets were clean and good inflight entertainment. Very comfy seats for this 3 hour journey. The lounge was also very good and flights on time. Would recommend.
RouteMCT to MAA
Date FlownMay 2016

"there was no entertainment"

(Saudi Arabia)

The flight was delayed a bit in Dammam and also in Muscat which was fortunate because I had a very short connecting time. The aircraft used on the Dammam to Muscat sector vas very old and there was no entertainment at all. A small sandwich was served which was enough for an hour and half flight. The aircraft used on the Muscat to Bangalore sector seemed to be a bit newer and the seats were comfortable but there was no entertainment as it did not have IFE. The cabin crew were really very friendly. I felt restless and felt bored because some entertainment is needed for a 4 hr flight
RouteDMM to BLR via MCT
Date FlownJuly 2016

"food was pretty grim and sporadic"

This was the return flight. Flying Oman Air saved us money, but I'd also read very decent reviews and the timings weren't too bad so it was an obvious choice. Overall, from a cost perspective, it was worth it. Oman Air is perfectly decent, although there were some IFE and food issues. On the way out from Singapore to London Heathrow we chose the 13 hour stop in Muscat so we could get a rest in a hotel (we were traveling with a three year old). This was easy enough, but as our son didn't cooperate it just added more time onto an exhausting journey. On the way back we had the simple one-hour change in Muscat, which was simple and quick enough. On both flights the Kuala Lumpur stop of around an hour was simple enough, and on the way back the flight crew let my son see the cockpit - something I've not experienced since (I think) 1980. There were IFE problems on both legs - usually frozen touch screens, or language options that resisted being set to anything but German. This was a major problem, although the ability to use the IFE even when on the ground was useful. The other big issue was the food on the flight back, in the middle of Ramadan. There wasn't much of a service from LHR (I'd have expected a meal on take off at 2050), but the real problem was Muscat - KL/SG. I can only imagine that Ramadan meant that the kitchens in Muscat were barely working, as the food was pretty grim and sporadic (most passengers were Muslim and busy fasting until the end of the flight). The cabin crew were good. Two stand out. One helped me secure a spare couple of seats at the very back, giving my wife and son a bit more space in the centre seats. When I asked for a wine she answered with, "One? Two? Three? Just two? Then just ask if you want more." That is excellent and grown up. The other was very friendly and helped out a lot, especially when my son vomited during the extremely bumpy 6 or so hours almost from take off in Muscat to the coast of Malaysia (monsoon season in the Indian Ocean), and got my son onto the flight deck. As an airline, then, it's not a top offering, but with plenty to recommend it if you want to save cash. I also hear that Oman is excellent for exploring if you have time.
RouteLHR to SIN via MCT
Date FlownJune 2016

"cabin crews were polite and efficient"

Verified Review | Flight WY132, 23/05/2016 from Paris CDG to Muscat and WY817, 24/05/2016 from Muscat to Bangkok were operated by the same aircraft, A40SA. Both flights left on time and arrived at destination ahead of schedule. Meal service was a bit rushed as is often the case on night flights but food was decent and cabin crews were polite and efficient. Only criticism was the cabin temperature, too hot for my personal taste. I also regret the seat width and pitch of the A330 previously used on these sectors.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteCDG to BKK via MCT
Date FlownJune 2016

"pleasant flights on both sectors"

Pleasant flights on both sectors with Oman Air. WY818, Bangkok to Muscat on 21/06/2016 was nearly full but boarding was reasonably smooth considering that several passengers needed wheelchair assistance and many others were not frequent travellers. WY818 landed almost one hour ahead of schedule due to strong rear winds thus giving me time to use the lounge before continuing to CDG on WY 131. On both flights food was good. It seems to me that Oman Air is back to the quality of meals they offered in 2013/2014. Cabin crew was above average, beeing pleasant, efficient and attentive. Cabin temperature was again too high. Is it a general problem with this type of aircraft? Improved selection of audio entertainment.
RouteBKK to CDG via MCT
Date FlownJune 2016

"food acceptable but not fantastic"

Flew from Dubai to Bangkok via Muscat for a long weekend. All flights out and back very punctual, with return leg from BKK to MCT arriving well before schedule. Pleasant cabin crew but food acceptable but not fantastic. IFE choices not so great and not a patch on the variety that you get on Emirates for example but the screens on the 787 are perfectly fine. Older 737 used on DXB to MCT leg which is fine for a short hop. 787 used on the MCT to BKK leg was very pleasant and not too busy with no one sat next to me in both directions. Used Airmiles for this particular trip but checked pricing on the Oman air website and was pleasantly surprised to see that the flight I booked would have cost 895 AED inclusive of taxes. Despite the shortcomings with the food and IFE choice, would use again.
RouteDXB to BKK via MCT