Oman Air

Review by (Oman) 1st August 2015

Traveled DXB-MCT-LHR-MCT. I missed the first flight from DXB to MCT and was told that no seats were available on the next flight and therefore would not be able to fly MCT-LHR. The ground staff were extremely helpful and managed to get me on the next flight. MCT-LHR: The IFE was rich in content and the food delicious. The flight attendants were helpful. The aircraft and seats were comfortable. LHR-MCT was even better. Impressed with the ground crew at the check-in. My child was not feeling well and was crying very loudly, the 2 ladies did everything they could to help.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteDXB to LHR via MCT

Review by (Netherlands) 31st July 2015

Frankfurt to Bangkok via Muscat and vice versa. Travelling as a family: 2 adults and 2 children. Excellent service on all legs of both trips. From check in to baggage claim I could not say one negative thing about this airline. They simply deliver: bring you to from A to B at a reasonable price, offering more legspace in economy than their competitors. Service level nothing to be ashamed of, flight attendants cater to all your needs and the food was good. In my opinion one of the most underrated airlines.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Muscat

Review by (United Kingdom) 19th July 2015

This was the first time since 2013 I'd used Oman Air and I would echo what some other reviews have said in that their onboard quality has begun to deteriorate and is showing signs of budget cuts. As always though the ground staff are excellent in London and Bangkok, check in staff are always friendly, welcoming and good to have a small conversation with. I used their online check in which is vastly improved since 2013 but at check in whilst chatting to staff I was moved to exit row seats due to my height which was very nice of them. On board the seat layout is still welcome as the extra space compared to competitors is felt after a few hours in the air. Even the exit row seats feel spacious in width with the wider fixed armrests. The little extras like menus, hot towels, and amenity kits no longer exist. Not major losses but noticeable. Meal portion sizes seem reduced too but the food quality and taste still seems better than competitors. On board staff are polite and professional, not quite as cheery or conversational as some other airlines but certainly everything you need on board. Muscat airport is starting to feel the weight of increased passenger numbers, I still like this old quiet airport but it felt very full this time and the transfer via bus to and from the terminal building is tiresome. There were problems with processing all the boarding passes for my flight and everyone was issued a new one with a new seat which made for an hour long queue to enter the boarding gate and a bit of a hectic mess on board with people wanting to move. For the price during summer and winter I think Oman Air is very hard to beat on this route. I look forward to using them again next year once the new muscat airport opens.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Bangkok via Muscat

Review by (United Kingdom) 9th July 2015

I had a mixed opinion of Oman Air. On the first flight to Muscat from London, staff were quite miserable and didn't seem happy to help (unlike budget airlines I've used in Europe, anyway). Dinner was great, but breakfast wasn't great. The layout of the plane was quite good, and entertainment was good. On the returning flight home, staff were friendlier. I don't know if this is a cultural thing, but I just didn't find the staff very helpful or smiley, which is odd, as there is such a huge emphasis on friendliness for airline staff. Perhaps they were just having a bad day, which I understand. For the price of a return flight to Zanzibar from London flying directly to Zanzibar after a quick transfer in Oman, I would travel with Oman Air again. On a superficial note I thought the airline outfit for the staff was beautiful, very smart and the staff looked amazing!
RouteLondon to Zanzibar via Muscat

Review by (Malaysia) 22nd June 2015

Extremely pleased with the service, flexible food. I guess because it is not a preferred flight in comparison with Emirates, I got the whole row by the window all by myself. And I like the sitting arrangement of 2-4-2. Nice for couple, wide enough for family. Announcement of breaking fast, hijab cartoon for safety video, all halal food perfect for muslim and flexible for others. And since I am Malaysian, quite happy that they have a "malay" movie section on board.
RouteLHR-KUL via Muscat

Review by (France) 16th June 2015

Traveled from Paris CDG to New Delhi and New Delhi to Paris CDG via Muscat. Airline is good in terms of seat comfort, cabin staff service, food, inflight entertainment but Oman Air is not reliable in terms of timing. Flight from Muscat to New Delhi was delayed by 6 hours, even when I kept a margin of 4 hours I missed my connecting flight from New Delhi and again flight from New Delhi to Muscat was delayed by 3 hours on top of its flight from Muscat to Paris CDG was delayed by 1 hour and again I missed my train from Paris. It was my first and last trip with Oman Air
RouteParis to New Delhi via Muscat

Review by (United Kingdom) 16th June 2015

I was very pleased with the service provided. We paid £420 return which was a bargain. Nice new planes, big individual TV's, good food, plenty of drinks and good seat pitch. The layout of 2x4x2 is good if you are a couple and can get the window seats. Oman airport is not the best but it was a short stop so didn't really matter to us. My only gripes are the toilets were not the cleanest and one or two of flight attendants let the service down, but overall I thought it was great value for money and would definitely fly with them again.
RouteLHR to BKK via MCT

Review by (Switzerland) 25th May 2015

4-5 May 2015. WY0815. ZRH-MCT. Old business class in 1-2-1 layout great seat as always. MCT-BKK - new business class in 2-2-2 layout which is claustrophobic. Been a gold member on sinbad for many years but with this Air Berlin-style business class I'd rather fly economy for a fraction of the price or change to other carriers.

Review by (United Kingdom) 8th May 2015

We travelled from LHR to Kathmandu on April 23rd 2015 having chosen Oman Air because of the price and seat pitch. We were very happy with the planes the food and the cabin crew. The only small complaint was that there was insufficient liquids offered on the flight between Muscat and Kathmandu. Following the earthquake in Nepal on 25th April we felt it best to return early. Oman changed our flight without a fuss. I was not expecting a full meal on the flight out of Kathmandu because of the situation there and so was surprised to find an excellent meal supplied drinks freely available and exceptional service from the crew. The second leg of the flight was also good and again the cabin crew were friendly and helpful. I will certainly consider using Oman Air in the future.

Review by (Oman) 1st May 2015

MCT-DOH return in economy late April 2015. Both flights uneventful short 1hr Gulf hops. Still pleasant. Seats reasonably pitched staff friendly. All on time all comfortable. Except for the food which consisted of inedible sandwiches. Eat before you board.