Norwegian

"no response to date"

Trip Verified | Once on the plane everything is quite adequate. The flight crew was professional and courteous. I take issue with what happened prior to the flight. I purchased Premium Flex tickets on Feb. 24, 2018 at 3:55 p.m. in the amount of $8959.20, for 4 round trip, nonstop tickets from LAX to Rome (June 23, 2018) and nonstop tickets returning from Rome to LAX on July 8, 2018. On May 7, 2018, we received notification that both our flights to and from Rome had been cancelled. It seemed unusual that both flights would be cancelled. I called and talked with one of the booking agents, who booked 4 seats on a nonstop flight to Rome from LAX on June 22nd and a return flight on July 8 that went from Rome to Oslo and from Oslo to LAX. He informed me that there were no Premium Flex seats available on the return flight and booked us in the economy section. I requested that I be reimbursed the cost of the premium flex seats and was informed he had made the change in flights without charging me, and therefore I was not going to be reimbursed. I explained to him that the change was forced upon us because Norwegian had cancelled our previous flights. I also explained that our premium flex tickets allowed for a free change. He told me I would have to email Norwegian. When he sent me confirmation of these two flights via email, the flight from LAX to Rome stated "Seats not reserved." The flight confirmation from Rome to Oslo and from Oslo to LAX indicated specific seats. When I asked about this he told me that he could see the seat numbers on the flight from LAX to Rome on his computer and that they should show up shortly. The seat numbers were never sent. I had to rearrange our itinerary which cost both time and money, since we had already paid for the rest of the vacation in advance through our travel agent. On the eve of our flight, I once again called Norwegian customer service and asked what our seat numbers would be for the flight from LAX to Rome. I was told that we would receive them when we arrived at the airport. I asked why we had seat numbers for both return flights, but not for our flight originating from LAX. He said he couldn't access this information. When we arrived at LAX, we were informed that the flight was overbooked and that there was only one seat in the premium flex section. (We arrived 3 hours early) and waited for the ticket counter to open. My husband took that seat and my adult children and I sat in the economy section. The agent at the Norwegian counter at LAX was very apologetic and told us that we would be reimbursed 75% of the cost of the tickets. I asked her for a written receipt of this and she said that she could not do this. She explained that I would have to contact Norwegian directly. On our return flight from Rome to LAX I again talked with the agent at the counter and explained the situation and she also told us that we would be reimbursed 75% of our tickets. Again, I was informed that I would need to contact Norwegian directly. Received a reference number on-line. It has been almost a month and no response to date.
RouteOslo to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2018

"the flight was oversold"

Trip Verified | I showed up at the airport with a Premium Flex booking to be told at the check in the flight was oversold and told that it happens, nothing we can do other than provide a seat in economy or find another flight with another airline. Had we been informed earlier we may have had the opportunity to choose another airline but no advance notice was provided. In fact a confirmation email was sent 24 hours prior stating check in airport. It has now been over 3 weeks & no correspondence about my refund they stated I would receive after filing a claim. Tried to call numerous times with a machine stating abnormal waiting times.
RouteLos Angeles to Gatwick
Date FlownJune 2018

"wait 2 hours for food"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Oslo. Horrible experience at JFK. 2 hours of waiting in bag drop line and chaotic boarding. Flight delayed because plane wasn't cleaned on time, so another hour of queuing with little communication. Eventually, departure after midnight instead of 23:30. Had to wait 2 hours for food to be delivered onboard, so the meal was served at 2am - and no chance to have dinner earlier. So better bring your own food if you happen to travel with them.
RouteNew York JFK to Oslo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"35 minutes before departure"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Roma to Bergen via Oslo. I arrived to check in 35 minutes before departure, and staff prevented me to proceed (check in closes 45 mins before departure). Nobody offered me a discount for another ticket and were not helpful. There were no direct flights to Bergen the same day. I had to take a new transit one the next day, after paying extra 450 euros.
RouteRoma to Bergen via Oslo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"staff service was really good"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Bordeaux return in economy class. The flight was over all very enjoyable and relaxing except a few small details. The value for money for this flight was in fact really good! To fly with Norwegian was a little bit more expensive than the other airlines flying down to Bordeaux, although all other flights were non direct flights and the overall experience was slightly better than other flights on similar routes. So overall the extra expense is worth it for the service and comfort you receive. The ground service was okay but a bit slower than usual. The seat comfort was quite good. There was a fair amount of legroom and the seat was quite comfortable except that there was a slight ridge at the very back of the seat that stuck up slightly, and that was a bit irritating and uncomfortable but I got used to it after a while. The cabin staff service was really good. All staff members where very polite and nice and the service was very rapid. The food and beverages on board was very good. I had a tapas mix and it was actually quite enjoyable. I usually never like airline food but this was exceptionally good! On a final note I was very surprised by how good the on board wifi service. It was easy to connect to. I just connected to the wifi network "Norwegian internet access" and then opened my browser and clicked go online. The download speed was much better than other airlines like qatar airways for example. The wifi was very good for being aboard an airplane. I would really recommend you to fly with Norwegian if your flying between destinations in Europe.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
RouteStockholm to Bordeaux

"not a good experience"

Trip Verified | I have flown Norwegian USA to Uk many times, but recently the quality has gone down. I just got of the flight from Gatwick to Oakland. The flight is over 11 hrs, and the entertainment and food/drink ordering system was down. It appeared no attempt was made to fix it other than a half hearted attempt to reset it. Requests for a blanket were ignored, food was pretty bad considering we were flying premium, no better than the average economy meals. Overall not a good experience and I doubt I will fly Norwegian again, and certainly not into Oakland, which must rank as one of the worst USA airports.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGatwick to Oakland
Date FlownAugust 2018

"avoid this airline at all cost"

Trip Verified | Newburgh to Dublin. I wanted to try Norwegian, because I heard good things from friends that flew home to Ireland with their family, and they liked them. After booking the flights and seeing what the packages were, we decided to choose the lowfare plus that included meals, baggage and WiFi for the trip. The cost of the trip was very reasonable for our family to travel back home. On the day of the trip, we left Rochester NY at 4:30am to drive to Newburgh NY for a 12:25 flight departure. An hour into the drive, I got an email saying the flight was delayed by 2 hours. My first thought was oh no, the rental car...which we booked through Norwegian’s Website. So I called customer service number, to get a call center out in India or Pakistan, with an agent who didn’t speak very good English, tell me that there is nothing he could do. From there, I felt this was going to be a nightmare trip. I got to the airport unloaded the baggage and parked the car and we made our way to the check in desk. I got there to a rude Woman working the Check in desk. I asked her how come the flight was delayed, while chewing gum with her mouth open said the it left Dublin late. I said ok, and went through check in. Just as we were done she then shouted at my wife and said all bags needed to be weighed, all bags. I said why are you shouting? She just rolled her eyes and said nothing. We never flew with this airline before and didn’t know what or if personal items needed to be weighed in. From there we weighed everything but it felt like it was an inconvenience for her to put a yellow cabin sticker on the personal items and for her to do her job. Just before went through security I called Norwegian again, to find out what was going to be done about the delay and the rental car? I spoke with another man and again I was told there was nothing he could do but file a complaint and a claim online. I explained that I was traveling with two young boys and we wouldn’t get into Dublin until after 1 A.M. in the morning. The latest the rental company would stay open until was 1 A.M., again, nothing we can do. From there we went through security and then was meant to board at 1:35 for a 2:25 flight. Didn’t board until 2:05 or so. We got to our seats and spoke to the flight attendant, lovely guy. He asked us how are day was going and we told him. He was shocked by everything. He then informed us that the flight was going to take longer because we had to go over Greenland and we would get in about 2:30am. Ugggh! Then we asked the WiFi code or password - he said no WiFi on this flight which showed WiFi when we booked. So, two young kids, 7hr 45 min flight with nothing for the kids - interesting! Captain came over the speaker and apologized for the heat saying the air conditioning wasn’t working either. So flight delayed, 3 hours. Didn’t take off until after 3pm. Rental car company closed at 1am. No air conditioning. Rude check in, no WiFi, and no help from Norwegian. Nice! Avoid this airline at all cost. Should have spent the extra $2000 and flew with Aer Lingus! 1/10 Norwegian. Filed a claim online and contacted customer service and nothing yet.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteNewburgh to Dublin

"did not reimburse us"

Trip Verified | We were suppose to leave on July 10th and got notice on July 6th that they had cancelled our flight and moved it back a day. The airline did not reimburse us the money we lost from our airbnb. The flight was not comfortable and the food was not good.
RouteNew York to Rome

"a great airline"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Barcelona. Absolutely brilliant and a great airline! Good customer care, brilliant check in system, lots of help at the airport! Took good care of the suitcases, the crew were polite and very approachable. Well done Norwegian airline for making our travels great
RouteGatwick to Barcelona

"pay for anything extra"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to New York. I was not allowed to check in and print the boarding pass before arrival to airport or at the airport kiosk. Despite traveling light with carry on only, had to wait for one hour in a check in line. At the boarding time a very long line of people not moving for very long time. You pay for anything extra : blanket, water, meal, luggage. The good things are that the cabin is nice, enough toilets, and there are screens for on board entertainment. I will try to avoid Norwegian, not worth it.
RouteAmsterdam to New York