Top 100 Airlines

Norwegian

"most stressful"

Verified Review | Tenerife South to London Gatwick with Norwegian. I purchased a seat for an infant (less than 2 yrs) - we did this as it was a long flight but it seems the check-in staff were not trained to handle this. They were very rude and rejected us saying an infant cannot travel on a child ticket and the ticket was cancelled. It was a foreign country and with a 8 months old baby we were in a mess - all due to untrained staff at the check in desk. Then we had to call the call center and wait for 40 mins before they accepted us. It was a most stressful period and all due to Norwegian. So if you are planning to purchase a seat for an infant beware, they will ruin your holiday after taking the extra money.
RouteTSF to LGW
Date FlownMay 2016

"the best low cost carrier"

Verified Review | Stockholm to Gatwick. I travel extensively for work and this time flew Norwegian. Have to commend them on the service, leg room, free wifi onboard, brand new aircraft and timely flights. Overall a top class airline, the best low cost carrier I have flown.
RouteARN to LGW
Date FlownMay 2016

"more interested in chatting"

(Denmark)

Flew Copenhagen - Stockholm Arlanda - Copenhagen out in the morning and back in the afternoon. First time on Norwegian as I usually use SAS on this route. Outbound flight was about 20% full so plenty of space. Legroom and seats marginally better than SAS. Flight attendants seemed more interested in chatting among themselves rather than with their customers. Return flight was jam packed but crew was on top of it and certainly better than their colleagues. On time departure and arrival for both flights. Drinks available for purchase a normal prices. Cheaper than SAS. Wifi on board, but it did not seem to work.
RouteCPH to ARN

"modern comfortable aircraft"

Verified Review | Boston to Oslo with Norwegian, and a great flight overall. On-time departure and arrival, modern and comfortable aircraft and excellent value for money. The only thing I disliked is having to wait for 2 hours before you can buy food or drinks, as they prioritize people who pre-ordered hot meals.
RouteBOS to OSL
Date FlownApril 2016

"more than enough leg room"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Budapest with Norwegian. No queue and check in and was through security 10 minutes later. Flight boarded on time and departed early. Aircraft was modern and clean and the crew were extremely friendly. Crew distributed menus containing a list of items available to purchase onboard. Announcements were kept to a minimum, unlike what happens on other low cost airlines. Seat was extremely comfortable with more than enough leg room. Free wifi worked with no problems. Flight landed early however we were taken to the terminal by bus. Immigration was very busy with 4 queues for 2 immigration stations. Immigration process lacked organisation, which as beyond the airlines control. First experience with Norwegian and will not hesitate to book them before Easyjet or Ryanair in future.
RouteLGW to BUD

"definitely recommend them"

Verified Review | Flew with Norwegian from Gatwick to Copenhagen, flight departed slightly late but they moved everyone onto the Jetway and out onto the apron so we didn't have to wait in the very crowded gate area (although we were out there for some time). There was more than enough legroom in economy, the crew were nice and the cabin and aircraft were clean and nicely looked after. The in flight entertainment was a cartoon in either Danish or Norwegian (you needed headphones so I'm not sure) interspersed with airline related videos played on the overhead screens. My only complaint was the seats were a little uncomfortable after a while. Otherwise I can't fault their service and would definitely recommend them.
RouteLGW to CPH
Date FlownApril 2016

"has been stress and hassle free"

(Spain)

Malaga to Birmingham. We have always used another airline when visiting the UK but came across Norwegian, and have used them for 3 flights now and each experience has been stress and hassle free. The staff at check in and during our flight have been friendly and helpful. The inflight drinks were reasonably priced and the seats and cabin comfortable. The price was very good compared to similar airlines on the same route. We will be definitely be checking if we can book our future flights with Norwegian.
RouteAGP to BHX
Date FlownApril 2016

"pleasantly surprised with experience"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Boston with Norwegian. I found out about Norwegian due to having to rearrange my travel plans at the last minute, I had originally booked a return flight to Boston with my family with major airline and the costs involved in rearranging my flight were twice the cost of a new flight with Norwegian. With that in mind I wasn't expecting much from the flight but was pleasantly surprised with my experience. I went for the "Low Fair +" option which included seat reservation, check in luggage and a meal which worked out a bit more expensive but still a very good price. The plane was new and seats were spacious, the in flight entertainment had a great choice of films and TV programs and the meal was quite nice! The cabin staff were very nice and the whole process from booking to online check in was very straightforward. I have recommended Norwegian to friends and my family in the States and will be using them in the future for my trips to the USA.
RouteLGW to BOS
Date FlownApril 2016

"really a good experience"

London Gatwick to New York JFK. Norwegian is supposed to be a low cost. It is for the price but it is more than that! Your experience is like with any other normal company. No restriction for your hand luggage for example. Boarding is as good as any more expansive company. Seats are really good in a new aircraft (Boeing 787). They have a really good touch screen, better than most of the companies, and a choice of movies (not enough they should increase the number). They have some acceptable food. It was really a good experience and I will check their destinations.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLGW to JFK
Date FlownApril 2016

"cabin crew seemed very helpful"

To be honest, I was a little worried about flying with Norwegian from London Gatwick to New York JFK but once I got onboard their brand new Dreamliner, I knew that I would not regret it. The seats were OK (could be better for sleeping), IFE was great. I did not have their food but it smelt better than other airlines. I was very impressed with their intelligent lighting system and sunglasses mode. They proved very useful along with the correct cabin pressure. What they say about "More Jet, Less Lag" is very true. Cabin Crew seemed very helpful to those who needed it. They also have a lovely welcome as you board. Highly recommended. However, I would like to have more leg room.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 Dreamliner