Airline of the Year

Norwegian

"Seats and leg space were barely adequate"

Verified Review | First time with Norwegian so I didn't know what to expect. Flew from New York City to Copenhagen. Clean new plane that felt more spacious than other widebodies and very quiet for a twin engine on takeoff and cruising. I didn't go for the preordered meal but had a hot sandwich, it was ok. Seats and leg space were barely adequate. Cabin crew was fine but they don't need to do so much. IFE was quite nice, not as big a screen as on other 787s but good resolution and good selection of movies and shows. Good ontime performance for my flight. Overall I can see how the business model makes sense and I would go with them again for the right price.
RouteNew York City to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff nice and friendly"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Norwegian is the airline I use the most. I am always satisfied, the planes are on time, staff nice and friendly, the planes comfortable and clean. The flight to Budapest was no exception, wifi worked just fine, all on time, the waiting time for boarding absolutely reasonable, I could not complain. Flying Norwegian, you won't feel treated in a low-cost way as you may with some other airlines, the cabin luggage allowed is about everything you need, they never go as low as to measure the bags or even weigh them, there is plenty of room anyway.
RouteStockholm to Budapest
Date FlownJune 2017

"could not be less helpful"

Verified Review | The flight from Santorini was part of a package Holiday. It was a late night flight. Despite other airlines still taking off this flight was cancelled because of adverse weather conditions. Instead of taking off at 23.55 we left at approximately 17.00. On return to UK Norwegian could not be less helpful. They refuse to enter into any dialog about their decision and the reasoning behind it.
RouteSantorini to London Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2017

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | A one hour delay out of Oakland which caused a missed connection in Stockholm en route to Oslo. Service onboard was ok. The movie selection is basic. I knew that the food cost extra coming into the flight, so didn't really have sympathy for people complaining that they didn't get meals. No complaints except the choices were both more than moderately spicy. I like that, but my daughter didnt. The return flight from Oslo to San Francisco was a fiasco. The plane arrived late, then had to go through maintenance. 2.5 hours after initial departure time, plane was cleared, we boarded, and the announcement came: mechanical difficulty. So we deplaned, went through customs (given food vouchers that didn't cover a sandwich and drink) and told another plane was coming out of the hanger and would take awhile to be serviced. This took us to four hours after initial departure. Then the time was delayed another 1/2 hour for reasons unknown. All this was sent with update texts. That's when the flight was cancelled. No reason and the text only said delayed. I have to guess that the crew was timed out. This was now 6.5 hours after initial departure time. Differing instructions on what to do appeared: get luggage, go to the counter and wait. There was also the promise of hotel vouchers, luggage was not at the belt, so people walked out of the secure area to follow directions to go to the counter, and later had to be escorted back in to get their luggage. No vouchers were forthcoming. Staff told customers they had to find their own accommodations back in Oslo. People had the option of rebooking through Stockholm or Barcelona. Only a few In the know knew to ask. There was no mention of a rescheduled flight. I opted for LAX. A hotel and transportation were provided, after midnight. the only information being provided that it was a two hour bus ride away. The only further information was that "there would be more information" at 8 am the next morning.
RouteOslo to Oakland
Date FlownJune 2017

"We will fly with them again"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Dublin via Oslo and for such a long trip we didn't want to be cramped in economy. We really didn't want to spend over $4,000 for airfare. We found Norwegian. Haven't flown them before we were a little skeptical but gave it a shot. We flew New York JFK to Dublin return via Oslo, plus the same return route. The Oslo/Dublin route had us in economy because there wasn't any other cabin class. It was a short hop so no big deal. The attention we were given was great in Premium Class. Even the Alitalia lounge at JFK was great. We almost made it to the Oslo lounge but due to the security routine they have in place there, the time between flights was just a little short. The entertainment system was also excellent. The seat was comfortable plus that 46 inches of leg room. Being allowed the extra baggage plus the other extras was well worth the money. All flights were virtually on time, just a few minutes of delay. We will fly with them again. We hope they will fly out of more cities in the US
RouteNew York JFK to Dublin via Oslo
Date FlownJune 2017

"Very happy with everything"

(Qatar)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Bergen. Scandinavian efficiency, a fair price and punctual service. This was a delightfully egalitarian experience. Nothing lacking, on time and clean enough. Recomended without hesitation from Gatwick. At Gatwick they run efficient services too. Very happy with everything - nothing five star but all awesome.
RouteGatwick to Bergen

"the stress of delays"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Copenhagen. 6 journeys in 3 years, yesterday the latest. Changes each time, either in advance or on the day. The savings are not worth the stress of delays or a flight moved from early afternoon to morning. Lufthansa and SAS both fly to Copenhagen via Heathrow, they cost 20-30% more but in terms of stress and inconvenience are worth it.
RouteGatwick to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2017

"a really nice experience"

Verified Review | I took an early flight (08.00) from Stockholm to Amsterdam. Although Norwegian is a low cost airline, it didn't felt like that at all. Boarding process was efficient, crew helped everyone with a (genuine) smile, and made some small talk with passengers. Seats were comfortable, and even though I'm 1,93m the leg space was OK. Food and drinks on board were a bit expensive (but in line with Scandinavian prices). However, flight was 2 hours, so you don't need much during the flight. They serve some great orange juice for a fair price. Overall a really nice experience.
RouteStockholm to Amsterdam
Date FlownMay 2017

"very disappointed with their service"

Verified Review | I had a 9 hour over-night flight with Norwegian and was very disappointed with their service. The plane was incredibly cold and we were not provided with blankets or pillows, and when I asked for anything that could keep me warm as I was shivering they said the only option was to buy a blanket for $7. As my flight was part of a 3-part journey (I travelled from Managua to Fort Lauderdale with another airline, then Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen and Copenhagen to Gatwick with Norwegian Air), I was not given the option to choose food online, nor was I told that we needed to select which meal we wanted. Everyone around my friend and I were served food, and when we asked the air hostess why we were not given any she told us it was because we had opted out of having food, so they could not serve us anything - not even a drink, even though all food and drink was free and included in the flight ticket. The next morning, the same thing happened, and I had an argument with the same air hostess who would not even give us a cup of coffee even though there was plenty to spare. We had been travelling for 35 hours and had no food or drinks, but she insisted she couldn't give us a cup of coffee otherwise "everyone on the flight could have one". Yes, everyone on the flight should get a cup of coffee if they want one. The airline even has a video explaining how they believe that if their customers "don't want something, they don't have to pay for it." - examples included checked-in luggage and coffee on the flight. Yes, Norwegian Air, if I don't have luggage to check-in and don't want an extra coffee, then like every airline in the world, I shouldn't have to pay for it, but starving your passengers because your online food booking system didn't work, especially when the food is free anyway, does not count as a customer not wanting something and not having to pay for it. I will definitely never be using their service again.
RouteFort Lauderdale, Florida to Copenhagen

"given wrong information"

(Finland)

Verified Review | Helsinki to Malaga. We were given wrong information about my baby pushchair. They didn't allow me to take it to the gate but I read on internet that it is allowed. We went to the airport the day before travelling to ask this question and they said that yes we can take the pushchair to the gate. The airport agents at Helsinki Airport addressed me rudely and impolite at baggage drop off.
RouteHelsinki to Malaga