Norwegian

"very comfortable and safe flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Tenerife 17th Nov, departure at 07:15. Boarding was on time, fluent and easy. Boeing 737-800 was new and clean. Good seat comfort and reasonable distance. Free High Speed Wifi for all passengers through the flight. In Flight Entertainment via general screens and through your personal electronic devices. Cabin Crew looked fresh and groomed with a nice, warm approach to all passengers, paying attention to safety. I felt it was a very comfortable and safe flight.
RouteMalaga to Tenerife
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flight attendants were very nice"

Trip Verified | I flew Norwegian from Prague to Orlando with a 6-hour stopover in Copenhagen. The flight to Copenhagen went very quickly. Almost no traffic in Prague. After arriving at Kastrup, I had 6 hours to kill in the airport. I got coffee, checked out some of the duty-free shops and sat down at a small lounge for a while. I surfed the internet with the airport's wifi and watched outside airport operations in the cold rain. When I had about 1 hour left I decided to go thru passport control and to my boarding gate. Boarding finally started and did not take very long. Their IFE was very well set up. The flight attendants were very nice. Food was great. Both flights went by quickly. I can definitely recommend Norwegian.
AircraftBoeing 738 / 787-8
RoutePrague to Orlando via Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2017

"an old A340 leased from HiFly"

Verified Review | Oslo to New York JFK. Norwegian advertise that you will fly in a new Boeing 787 but we got an old A340 leased from HiFly. The condition of the plane was disgusting. Almost all seats were broken, the seats were very small, the in-flight entertainment system did not work and when they switched the cabin lights off during the flight there were no personal lights working. The staff manning the flight were completely un-interested in the concerns of the passengers. I have logged a complaint with Norwegian but no reply yet. This was 8th flight with Norwegian and by far the very worst.
RouteOslo to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2017

"prioritising their own tasks"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Gatwick on Low Fare. I travelled with 2 infants and airline staff and policies were not helpful. Bulkhead seating was not prioritized for families. In both directions more than 1 family with small children were onboard but none got the bulkhead seating or extra space for bassinet supposedly available for young families. On the return journey staff were unhelpful, prioritising their own tasks during food service over customer convenience.
RouteLos Angeles to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

"upgrade got me into the lounge"

Verified Review | Oslo to Los Angeles. Seats are tiny in economy so I upgraded to fly home, but my flight today is delayed by 2.5 hours. At least the upgrade got me into the lounge. This is my 3rd flight with Norwegian and each one was late by at least half an hour. Coming to Europe I ordered food on the flight but was told it was sold out just 2 hours into the flight. The airline may be cheap but the cattle car style of packing people into tiny seats is not a good deal for me.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOslo to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2017

"would not endorse this airline"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Flew Norwegian from Gatwick to Oslo. At Gatwick airport I was forced to pay an additional 90 pounds sterling for baggage but I had already purchased an additional bag the previous night online. The airline refused to acknowledge this so in order to depart I was forced to pay the additional money. I have tried to claim it back for the last 2.5 months and sent almost 20 emails to their refund department. They finally agreed to refund my money but have short changed me by $28. I was never told I would not receive the full amount so I expected to receive the 90 pounds and had hoped to be compensated for the payment delays and costs incurred by having to use my credit card at Gatwick. I did not expect to be short changed. I would not endorse this airline ever!
RouteGatwick to Oslo
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"I asked for a refund"

(Mexico)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Oslo. The flight was due to depart November 5 at 10.45 am. Delayed until 1.15 pm. Then zero communication until 4pm and flight cancelled. The Novotel hotel is nice. Food great. I assumed on the morning of the 6th an airline representative would be at the hotel, but no, hotel has provided the information. Flight delayed until November 7th at 9am, at 8 pm November 6th..flight delayed. Until November 8th at 5am! The airline lied to us all that an email was sent with each cancelled update. Nobody got an email. I asked for a refund. 3 nights at an airport hotel is ridiculous.
RouteBangkok to Oslo
Date FlownNovember 2017

"don't book with Norwegian"

Verified Review | Flew Los Angeles to Paris. Next time I will not fly these low-cost airlines! The price looks good, but that's because you have to pay for everything else, including water. For people like us who did not pay for meal service, they didn't even offer us water! Also, we had to pay for every piece of luggage we checked in, we ended up paying $150 for luggage. If you are looking to get some decent travel experience, don't book with Norwegian!
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2017

"last time ever with Norwegian"

Verified Review | First time, most definitely, last time ever with Norwegian. I can only add my voice to all my fellow travelers who were on flight DY7015 from London to New York City. I never received an email telling me the flight was canceled. We were given a hotel but not fed. We had to pay out of pocket to eat. I missed my train connection from JFK. The next day, 11/1/17, I was rerouted to Sweden with a 4 to 5 hour layover that turned into 7 or 8 hours due to mechanical problems. They wouldn't let us leave the waiting room at the airport no matter how many people begged that they were hungry. I did not get to New York until well after midnight. Now it's 11/2/17. The earliest train was at 3.25am. I did not get home until 5.15am. It was the worst travel experience, ever. Customer service was abysmal. They were complaining to us the passengers how they weren't told anything, it wasn't their fault, etc. Surly staff. Apathetic and pathetic. Do not be fooled by low price!
RouteLondon to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2017

"no available other flights"

Verified Review | Alicante to Gatwick. Flight cancelled and no available other flights for that day. Offered flight to Gatwick for the following day via Helsinki, we asked for a direct flight and the next available was in six days time and there was only one seat on that. The desk staff gave us vouchers for a taxi one way to a hotel and a voucher for the hotel, no luck there. No room or didn't accept the ticket. Sent to next hotel who had no twin beds available and offered bunk beds in a budget hotel, we are both 70 yrs old. We declined and went back to the airport. The Norwegian desk was closed and we were stranded in Alicante. The girl at the end of the phone could still only offer Helsinki. We arranged a taxi to a hotel ourselves and booked with Ryanair for flights home the next day. We have submitted a claim for our expenses plus compensation. Hope to hear soon.
RouteAlicante to Gatwick