Norwegian

"Boeing 787 seemed cramped"

Trip Verified | In 2017 we were on the first scheduled Norwegian flight from Los Angeles to Barcelona. It was quite exciting for everyone including the cabin crew. So, I chose them again for our trip this year to Barcelona, and we were disappointed. The boarding process was tiring and chaotic resulting in a late departure. The cabin crew, while efficient, were not particularly friendly. We went through a zone of heavy turbulence with no communication from the flight crew as to the expected severity or duration. The Boeing 787 seemed cramped compared with the seating on our return flight on Level A330. As on our first flight, sandwiches and other menu items were sold out when we most needed them. There was no wifi on.
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Customer service an alien concept"

Trip Verified | New York to Gatwick. Summoned to the airport but told the flight was delayed by 1 hour on 16 April. Actually the incoming was cancelled due to “technical issues” so our flight was never going to leave late or anytime. 100 of the passengers were offered a transfer to Newark for an overnight flight to Barcelona with the promise of onward to London. And the remaining passengers? Extreme caution advised. Customer service an alien concept at Norwegian.
RouteNew York to Gatwick

"Last minute cancellation"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline ever. Last minute cancellation, no communication, took us 4 hours to reach a representative to rebook, finally rebooked us on another airline and when we reached the airport, we were told Norwegian had overbooked the other airline. Waiting on stand by until boarding. Luckily we did get a place on the aircraft. Return flight also cancelled 45 min before departure. We were rechecked on another fight with a detour through Iceland. Reached JFK with a delay of about 5 hours, only to find out that our bags were left in Gatwick. They didn't even offer water to passengers after delaying them for over 4 hours. Inhuman and lousy representatives. Never ever going to fly this airline again. When offering refund on a flight, they will only offer you refund for one way. They expect you to fly back on a return trip even when they cancel the flight. Like you are supposed to magically fly back when you dont even make it there.
RouteNew York JFK to London Gatwick

"totally unprofessional"

Trip Verified | We upgraded to premium class for our return flight from Chicago to London and had confirmed seats. We were told when we checked in at the airport that there had been a plane change and there were not enough seats in premium so that we would have to fly in coach. To add insult, they would not refund our money for the upgrade and said we would need to apply for a refund online after our flight. Its been a week and we still have not received a response or a refund, totally unprofessional! My experience and feedback would have been completely different had they of honored our upgrade. Norwegian has tremendous potential but they need a deeper bench for resolving disputes, beware.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteChicago to London

Norwegian customer review

Trip Verified | Our flight to London was cancelled less than 24 hours before it was scheduled to depart. We were invited to reschedule on their web site, which couldn't function. Phone calls went unanswered for 30 minutes. We finally got on a much less desirable flight leaving at 1:30 am. A few hours before departure, we were told it was delayed to 3:30 am. At the airport we were given meal vouchers. Our return flight was also cancelled; we had to reschedule for 6:05 am the following day. A few hours before the flight, we were informed that it was delayed until 1:30 pm. At the airport they told us it would be leaving at 2 pm, boarding at 12:40. Information boards said the gate would be assigned at 2:40 pm, even though departure was shown as 2 pm. At 1:30 pm, we heard an announcement that the flight was boarding. We rushed to the gate and were told it was too late to go to the bathroom or buy any food. Overall a miserable experience, with poor communication from the airline at every turn.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2018

"leave customers deeply disappointed"

Trip Verified | What can I say I received an email yesterday asking for volunteers to cancel this flight and receive a refund and 200 euros, when you have planned something for a special birthday and paid for a hotel is that really something you’d want to receive or consider! I’ve now got to spend the majority of my birthday at the airport because of the incompetence of Norwegian. Don’t sell us a service you cannot then provide us with, you leave customers deeply disappointed. Your offers of complimentary food doesn’t make up for the 8+ hours of our holiday we will now miss out on. It’s so poor. This wasn’t cheap we paid out a lot of money. Also Norwegian changed the carrier to hifly and now I’ve just seen there is no information re our flight until 15.00 pm and initially the flight was supposed to be at 6.10am. How can you treat customers like this?
RouteLondon Gatwick to New York
Date FlownApril 2018

"Incredible value for money"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Oakland. Incredible value for money. It was the first time I flew long haul with Norwegian and it was a very pleasant surprise. The Boeing 787 is a great and very comfortable aircraft, with perfect lighting and comfortable seats. I managed to secure a return flight (and direct) for £300 which is incredible. Of course the food and the checked luggage is not included but you can order via the screen in front of you in a fraction of seconds. I would really recommend this "low cost" airline and will definitely fly Norwegian again.
AircraftBoeing 787 Dreamliner
RouteGatwick to Oakland
Date FlownApril 2018

"customer service is shocking"

Trip Verified | This is the most disorganised airline I've ever booked with. I've had 2 cancelled flights within 10 days, so disappointing as it was my 40th birthday treat. I have now had to ask for a full refund and use a different airline as I have no trust in them. Their customer service is shocking, I've had no apology, no understanding and it's cost me £120 in phone bills calling their "hotline" which I intend to claim from The airline. My advise would be to not even consider booking with them.
RouteLondon to New York JFK
Date FlownMarch 2018

"great value for our money"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Paris CDG. We have taken many long flights over the years, and this was one of the most comfortable and enjoyable ones yet. When we booked, we were not given a choice, but were assigned seats in row 8. My husband and I were seated together, but our friends (booked at the same time) were seated on either side of us. This was easily corrected once on the plane. Our flight included the meal. Not great, but certainly welcome, The morning meal consisted of a sandwich, small cinnamon roll and juice. Again, not wonderful, but adequate. The staff was responsive and accommodating. The entertainment choices were outstanding. We brought our own earphones/headsets, but or friends had not and were unable to partake of much of the entertainment. The plane itself was far more comfortable than most we've flown. These were very inexpensive tickets, so we felt we got great value for our money.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris CDG
Date FlownMarch 2018

"experience was extremely stressful"

Trip Verified | I do not recommend Norwegian at all. My flight from Orlando to Paris got delayed 3 times (total of 39 hours). My vacation got cut 2 days short! Not only that but the staff were not very nice and it took them until 11pm to find us a hotel to stay in for 2 nights. However, they did pay for all the food and the hotel. This whole experience was extremely stressful.
RouteOrlando to Paris