Top 100 Airports

Norwegian

"definitely book Norwegian again"

Verified Review | I chose seat 6J for both the trip from Boston to Gatwick and back. Seats are roomy and comfy, loved the touch screen. Could have more video choices, but it was fine since we left so late at night on the way out, and I had a great seat mate on the way home. Loved the windows, and watching the plane progress on the touchscreen. The service was very friendly. Food was okay - I would have liked to have had a choice of meal (I chose Kosher and they brought out a box of food - gave my salmon to my seat mate on the way home and he loved it.) There was a ton of food in the boxes, just not a lot of stuff that I like to eat . Will definitely book with Norwegian again!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLGW to BOS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"definitely use Norwegian again"

Faro to Gatwick. Late night flight home on busiest day of the year for UK. Not a good start as aircraft had over an hours delay due to air traffic issues at Cyprus that morning. Faro airport was absolutely packed to the point that the air conditioning couldn't cope with the crowds. Once we eventually boarded we were greeted with a smile that could charm a block of wood from the stewardess at the tail door. The mood was further improved by a captain who could earn a living as a stand up comic (brilliant but also informative unlike the flight out two weeks previously - not a word spoken). The aircraft was almost new and in tip -top condition. It was quickly off the stand and a smooth pleasant flight made up some of the delay. Next problem Gatwick airport! . What a disorganised shower they are these days. We got sent to what the captain said was the furthest of distant stands and then had to wait for lights, steps & coach. Not what you want after midnight but again Captain Comic kept us entertained with his witty banter. Whole cabin was laughing. Finally same gorgeous stewardess kept us all (including my 18 week old grand-daughter) amused until steps finally arrived and we trooped off for a further long wait for luggage. Great experience would definitely use Norwegian again and recommend them to anybody. Couldn't say the same for Gatwick. Why they want another runway when they can't cope with what they already have is beyond me. Well done Norwegian & thank you.
RouteFAO to LGW

"service very good"

Flew Norwegian from Stockholm to Manchester. Found attitude of the staff quite abrupt when giving out any on onboard announcements, but put that down to Norwegian/English interpretation. Other than that no issues. Plane clean and tidy, service very good, but a little pricey. Would fly again, and class them as one of the better low-fare carriers.
RouteARN to MAN
Date FlownJuly 2016

"entertainment was the same"

Verified Review | Oakland to Berlin via Oslo. While the plane itself was new and fine, the experience was not. Food is terrible. The good news is you don't have to buy it, bring your own! They kept temp very low, then charged for a blanket. (Pillows are to be had for a charge too) They did adjust the temp after complaint. Drinks are offered with meal (I think for people who ordered a meal), but no one comes around for additional water. They will fill your cup or water bottle when you go and ask. We flew one way in June and back in July, yet the entertainment was exactly the same. Screens are good, with USB charger. WiFi on flight within Europe weak, no streaming of movies. No WiFi from and to US. If you adjust your expectations and are up for a bare bones experience, go for it, Norwegian might be deal.
RouteOAK to SFX via OSL
Date FlownJuly 2016

"beats a lot of regular carriers"

Verified Review | I've flown Norwegian maybe 40 times in the last couple of years. The majority of my routes have been CPH-PRG, and in all the times I have flown with them they have only been late once. During the most recent pilot strike my flight was overbooked (they managed to get Czech Airlines to fly the connection with a smaller plane), but as far as cancellation procedures go, they are among the best. I received a phone call, and a compensation offer of 250 EUR if I accept a later flight as the replacement. Fair play I thought, this way customers who are willing to wait get some compensation and more of those who need to make their flight get to make it. The aircraft are otherwise very good. This low cost carrier beats a lot of regular carriers in my opinion, and I've had wifi on board for free more of than not. Living in the US now and flying out of LGA, where delays with the name of the game I think it's worth putting in the public record that Norwegian have been stellar, at least in my experience. The service is alright. It's short haul EU flights, don't really need much, so can't rate them.
RouteCPH to AGP
Date FlownMay 2016

"don't fly out of FCO"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Flew Norwegian on the route Rome Fiumicino (FCO) to London Gatwick (LGW) for a 21:50 flight. Flight was delayed for 60 minutes and the ground staff at FCO declined to provide explanation. When reached LGW, you may be stranded at the airport because most transportation between LGW and London are sold out or no longer running anymore. If you want to use Norwegian, make sure you don't fly out of FCO.
RouteFCO to LGW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Wifi on board did not work"

Verified Review | Gran Canaria to London Gatwick with Norwegian. Very unimpressed. Started with technical errors so unable to check in online via the app, computer etc. The Live Chat took half an hour for someone to respond and that person was unable to help or be of any assistance at all. Had to get to the airport extremely early and had my business meeting there. Then the boarding was delayed by an hour. At least the airplane crew was nice. Wifi on board did not work. And of course once we arrived to London Gatwick there was an issue and a delay with receiving the luggage.
RouteLPA to LGW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"kept awake by the staff in the galley"

Boston to London Gatwick and this was my first and last flight on Norwegian. I fly every 90 days to Europe. The airlines I have used are Icelandair, BA, Lufthansa, Virgin Atlantic, Aer Lingus, Delta and KLM. I most often use Icelandair to Europe, and Aer Lingus to the USA. The new premium economy class on the B787 from Norwegian was worth a try, it seemed. I regret the trip. My 3 priorities are safe, on-time, and quiet on the red-eye flight to Europe. Every carrier I have flown is safe. Every one is on time. The seat, the service, the composure of the flight attendants is the difference. The chatter by the flight attendants on Norwegian was difficult to imagine. From 50 minutes into the flight until our descent, 5.5 hours later, I was kept awake in seat 5C by the staff chatter in the nearby galley. Of the last 30 flights to or from Europe, this flight was the only one that I wished I had never been on.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteBOS to LGW
Date FlownJune 2016

"flight out was excellent"

Flew Norwegian from Gatwick to Dubrovnik on the 15/06/2016 returning on the 25/06/2016. The flight out was excellent - welcomed by crew, had snacks, free wi-fi and arrived over 20minutes early. The return flight no welcome, and on going to our seats somebody was sat in them, there was a cabin crew member stood there who said nothing, it was the person sat in our original seat who told us to into the row behind as he had a prosthetic limb, and could not sit in the emergency exit seats behind surely this was the cabin crews job to tell us about this. Shortly into our journey we had a bit of turbulence so the seat belt sign came on and stayed on a very long time the turbulence only lasted about 10minutes. Eventually the trolley service started and when it reached us in row 14 no sandwiches left. We arrived at Gatwick approx 20 minutes late and then to wait 20minutes for a stand and when we did get a stand crew not interested in saying goodbye - poor return crew.
RouteLGW to DBV
Date FlownJune 2016

"no room for our luggage"

Verified Review | The outward and return trip from London Gatwick to Copenhagen with Norwegian were each about 20 mins late departing but did the job and got to the destinations without any problems. However, on the return flight we had an issue never encountered in flying before. We walked from row 1 to row 21 very slowly as a full flight and folk putting their hand luggage up. Having arrived at row 21 we had difficulty finding anywhere for our hand luggage. The air stewardess said very tersely that there was no room for our luggage and that I had to return to row 1 and give in my luggage for the hold, even though it was not oversized. There was a whole queue of people behind me and this was physically impossible. I explained to the stewardess this was not possible to do. She was so extremely rude telling me did I want to fly or didn't I. Eventually my daughter and I did find some space for our luggage but the stewardess should have helped not be so very rude.
RouteLGW to CPH