Vote Now

Norwegian

"cheap prices and friendly staff"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Nice to Copenhagen. New planes, cheap prices and friendly staff, but often delayed. The later your plane is scheduled, the more likely the delay. In Nice, the passengers sitting in the back of the plane are asked to board first, which is a usual procedure. What is unusual, is that there seems to be a discrepancy between the possible number of passengers and the available hand luggage space, despite a restrictive hand luggage policy. That may cause annoyance when the flights are heavily booked. If you plan to sit in the front seats because you want to get off the plane quickly after landing, the staff may not allow you to take hand luggage with you because of lack of space. That may cost you a delay for getting your bag back after landing (30 mins in Copenhagen). Good for recreational purpose, annoying for frequent flights.
RouteNice to Copenhagen

"changing our reservation"

Verified Review | We had to cut our trip to Guadeloupe four days early which necessitated changing our reservation. We tried to reach a customer representative through the international and U.S. telephone numbers. We were on hold for hours and finally gave up until later in the day (March 11). Our travel document stated we could go to the Norwegian.com website and change our reservation under "My Reservations." Although we provided our booking reference number, document number, passenger name, flight, etc, the website stated they had no such reservation. Later that day, we again tried to reach Norwegian by phone. This time we were connected to a customer representative, rude to say the least. We had to pay $480 to change the reservation for two tickets, including $50 to have him make the change online. He said we could avoid the $50 fee by doing this ourselves online, but when he told him we were unable to make the change online, he said we would have to pay the $50 for him to change the reservation.
RouteGuadeloupe to Boston
Date FlownMarch 2017

"€11 kg for suitcase being overweight"

Verified Review | Shocking charge of €11 per kg for your suitcase being overweight. I am a frequent flyer with Norwegian and this is the first time my baggage has been overweight, but they refused to take this into consideration. It's the last time I will fly with Norwegian as this is the last straw with a company with whom I have recently encountered many problems.
RouteMalaga to Manchester
Date FlownMarch 2017

"they've been horrendous for customer service"

Verified Review | I was due to fly to New York JFK from Gatwick aboard a Norwegian Airbus but received a text a few days before departure telling me that the flight would be operated by HiFly and that the inflight entertainment would be limited. Nothing about food comfort or anything. As soon as I got on board the discomfort started. Thin uncomfortable seats. Tiny TV with only 6 terrible films. Not that it mattered as my headphone socket was broken. I'd paid extra for the food upgrade (£50 each way). The food was as basic as you get. I've seen better school dinners than this food. We were provided 1 drink only. I asked for another and even offered to pay but was refused and told rather rudely "Only water!". On an 8 hour flight. When it came to attempting to sleep my seat didn't even recline. Along with that there was a wobble to it as though it wasn't screwed down correctly. The staff were hardly ever around and never seemed to answer the service light. There was also a constant 'bong' noise like when the pilot communicates to the staff. This was constant the entire flight every few minutes making any rest impossible. To make all this worse I was flying back the next day. Looking forward to a slightly better flight. The morning of my departure I received the same text which said my flight later that evening would also be managed by the same company! To my horror it wasn't just that. It was exactly the same crew meaning Norwegian knew well in advance that my flight would be this one but deemed it ok to not tell me until the morning of my flight, stopping me having a chance to change it. Since then I've had back and forth with them over email. They've offered me 1000 Casahpoints/Airmiles voucher. Which equates to about £96. No refund on the food upgrade I purchased. Just a means I can only use if I fly with them again. They've been horrendous for customer service. An apology for misselling me a ticket and a small voucher is ridiculous. There are a lot of others who have clearly had good service on their flights when they work. Just beware that when they don't you're probably going to have a really really bad time.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLondon Gatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight conducted by Hi-Fly"

Verified Review | Gatwick to New York JFK. A week before departure received an email stating that the flight will be conducted by Hi-Fly (not Norwegian). I had hotels booked and a car waiting for me so the opportunity to rebook or cancel was not an option. There were 6 films to choose from (total) but it didn't matter anyway because apparently they had forgotten to load the headphones. The seats were no better than economy, and although the seat recline was in the region of 60 degrees there was insufficient room to relax, I had booked premium class because my wife suffers from a slipped disk in her spine. Broken magazine pouches, and tears in the seating fabric lent nothing to the overal comfort. No small comfort items toothpaste, brush, eye mask etc. The two meals was served in a cardboard box with limited choice, yuck. I appreciate that airlines need on occasions to uterlise alternative aircraft (leasing) but come on. When at Gatwick airport and you observe several Norwegian aircraft to European destinations questions, you ask as to why a long haul flight to the USA was serviced with an aircraft so old an clearly not suitable for those who have paid a great deal of money for a semblance of comfort which was sorely missing in this trip. I'm not looking forward to the trip home.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGatwick to New York

"certainly recommend Norwegian"

Verified Review | Bergen to Gatwick. Punctual; service was on time with informative updates provided by the flightdeck crew. Aircraft new and very fuel efficient. Comfortable; the cabin was fitted with next generation seating with extra legroom and comfort. Cabin interior was new, modern and looked after. Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff; staff were there to help and assist but never overwhelming. I sensed they had pride in their job. On the flight one of our cases was overweight but no additional charge was made, because our total baggage allowance (hold+cabin) was not exceeded, which meant that we didn't have to do any on the spot repacking. Good value for money - flights were booked within about 3 weeks of departure and were still very good value. Open ticket return was also easy to book and easy to change on line app. Booking: booking was made online and was very simple and straightforward. The on-line app was also extremely easy to use and very useful in that electonic boarding passes could be used. Excellent inflight wifi connectivity with access to films and free programs. I would certainly recommend Norwegian and would definitely consider using them on other routes.
RouteBergen to Gatwick

"Nothing bad to tell"

Verified Review | Tromso to Nice via Oslo. First time I fly with Norwegian but certainly not the last. Nothing bad to tell about this company. So many destinations at a great value price. Food on board is affordable. We had a little delay with our flight from Tromso but there was blizzard that delayed all the flights at this airport.
RouteTromso to Nice via Oslo
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"wouldn't say its good value"

Verified Review | Gatwick to New York JFK. The worst airline experience I have had. The flight was delayed 5 hours and we were not given anything to make up for it. On boarding the flight I pulled back the seat pouch to put my book in, and the plane had clearly not been cleaned. I asked the air hostess to clear the mess, she rolled her eyes and replied "I guess I could do that". I was sat next to quite a heavily pregnant woman, there were cabin staff stood in the entrance who could see this pregnant woman struggling to get her bag into the overhead bin yet not one of them offered to help her. They then later denied her request for a glass of water because the snack bar was not open. They would not let her go to the toilet when there was turbulence. Appalling customer care. I wouldn't say its good value for money once you've had to pay for extras such as luggage and food.
RouteLGW to JFK

"Smartlynx fly A320's"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Stockholm. I'm a frequent Norwegian flyer, and have for a long time liked it a lot. It seems like Norwegian outsource many of their flights to Smartlynx Airlines, and it is terrible. Today the plane is delayed 1.5 hours. That is unacceptable. Smartlynx Airlines fly A320's instead of Norwegian new Boeings and that means the boarding can only happen from the front (so it takes twice as ling and gets the arrival even more delayed), there is less luggage room in the cabin (so they have to check in last minute extra luggages, which delays the process) and there is no wifi on the plane.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"modern, clean and comfortable"

Unverified | Gatwick to Berlin. Originally 09:00 flight. Time changed with more than enough notice, offered many different options for new flights for free or full refund for the leg. Check-in was quick and easy, as was boarding. Aircraft was modern, clean and comfortable, although the crew lacked any personality and seemed almost perturbed to be doing their job. Very ordinary flight. Berlin to Barcelona and then Gatwick, 09:00 22/07/16. Again, originally a direct flight at 12:40 from SXF-LGW. Offered a refund, but we opted for a free of charge change of flights as it was cheaper. Flight SXF-BCN delayed by 3 hours. Ground staff very helpful, allowed us to call parents in the UK to discuss plans. Told we could fly to BCN, miss our connection and would offer us accommodation and onward travel to LGW for free, although this option was not satisfactory for us. We offloaded and requested a refund for the leg we did not use. Full refund of inbound leg within 4 weeks of submission. Very impressed.
RouteLGW to SXF