Norwegian

"forced me to check my carry-on"

Trip Verified | New York to Gatwick. I've been flying with this airline for over 4 years usually twice per year. First, I received a text message from the airline a few days before my flight informing me that the flight would no longer be operated by Norwegian, but would be operated by HiFly and that there would likely be no entertainment on the plane. They were nice enough to tell me I could reschedule or cancel my flight and get a refund - 3 days before I was leaving, I wonder what the updated prices would be? Second, today when I arrived at the check-in counter the attendants weighed my carry-on luggage. It was exactly 9kg which is under the required limit, until they told me my handbag had to go on the scale as well for a combined weight! They then proceeded to charge me $65 for 4 extra pounds of weight and forced me to check my carry-on! My personal favorite part of this was the woman who stamped "paid" on my boarding pass along side a smiley face! As if that was going to make me happy that I had just paid $65 for my purse to go on the plane. This airline should be ashamed of their shady business practices. I will never fly with them again.
RouteNew York to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

"had to land and re-fuel"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Hartford. Bad start boarding with some passengers from a cancelled Norwegian flight from previous day. Before take-off, front row passengers were asked to move to the back seats to assist aircraft balance. In midatlantic, captain announced that head winds meant we were short of reserve fuel, and had to land and re-fuel at Montreal.
RouteEdinburgh to Hartford
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I lost my hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Gatwick. You get to your destination safely and have a decent seat but their customer service could be improved. Both of my flights were delayed followed by "sorry for the delay". The flight to Stockholm was delayed by an hour. I lost my hand luggage while waiting for the flight, couldn't find airport security around so I reported to the airline staff who said I could file a report when I get to London. It turned out of courser that I should have reported this to the airport missing items.
RouteStockholm to Gatwick

"great legroom space"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Martinique. First time flying Norwegian and probably won't be my last. Budget airlines with great legroom space, reasonable prices for food / drinks and great customer service along with WiFi. Staff was pleasant and service great! Pilots gave updates frequently in regards to the distance to our destination.
RouteNew York JFK to Martinique
Date FlownNovember 2017

"very comfortable and safe flight"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Malaga to Tenerife 17th Nov, departure at 07:15. Boarding was on time, fluent and easy. Boeing 737-800 was new and clean. Good seat comfort and reasonable distance. Free High Speed Wifi for all passengers through the flight. In Flight Entertainment via general screens and through your personal electronic devices. Cabin Crew looked fresh and groomed with a nice, warm approach to all passengers, paying attention to safety. I felt it was a very comfortable and safe flight.
RouteMalaga to Tenerife
Date FlownNovember 2017

"flight attendants were very nice"

Trip Verified | I flew Norwegian from Prague to Orlando with a 6-hour stopover in Copenhagen. The flight to Copenhagen went very quickly. Almost no traffic in Prague. After arriving at Kastrup, I had 6 hours to kill in the airport. I got coffee, checked out some of the duty-free shops and sat down at a small lounge for a while. I surfed the internet with the airport's wifi and watched outside airport operations in the cold rain. When I had about 1 hour left I decided to go thru passport control and to my boarding gate. Boarding finally started and did not take very long. Their IFE was very well set up. The flight attendants were very nice. Food was great. Both flights went by quickly. I can definitely recommend Norwegian.
AircraftBoeing 738 / 787-8
RoutePrague to Orlando via Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2017

"an old A340 leased from HiFly"

Verified Review | Oslo to New York JFK. Norwegian advertise that you will fly in a new Boeing 787 but we got an old A340 leased from HiFly. The condition of the plane was disgusting. Almost all seats were broken, the seats were very small, the in-flight entertainment system did not work and when they switched the cabin lights off during the flight there were no personal lights working. The staff manning the flight were completely un-interested in the concerns of the passengers. I have logged a complaint with Norwegian but no reply yet. This was 8th flight with Norwegian and by far the very worst.
RouteOslo to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2017

"prioritising their own tasks"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Gatwick on Low Fare. I travelled with 2 infants and airline staff and policies were not helpful. Bulkhead seating was not prioritized for families. In both directions more than 1 family with small children were onboard but none got the bulkhead seating or extra space for bassinet supposedly available for young families. On the return journey staff were unhelpful, prioritising their own tasks during food service over customer convenience.
RouteLos Angeles to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2017

"upgrade got me into the lounge"

Verified Review | Oslo to Los Angeles. Seats are tiny in economy so I upgraded to fly home, but my flight today is delayed by 2.5 hours. At least the upgrade got me into the lounge. This is my 3rd flight with Norwegian and each one was late by at least half an hour. Coming to Europe I ordered food on the flight but was told it was sold out just 2 hours into the flight. The airline may be cheap but the cattle car style of packing people into tiny seats is not a good deal for me.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteOslo to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2017

"would not endorse this airline"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Flew Norwegian from Gatwick to Oslo. At Gatwick airport I was forced to pay an additional 90 pounds sterling for baggage but I had already purchased an additional bag the previous night online. The airline refused to acknowledge this so in order to depart I was forced to pay the additional money. I have tried to claim it back for the last 2.5 months and sent almost 20 emails to their refund department. They finally agreed to refund my money but have short changed me by $28. I was never told I would not receive the full amount so I expected to receive the 90 pounds and had hoped to be compensated for the payment delays and costs incurred by having to use my credit card at Gatwick. I did not expect to be short changed. I would not endorse this airline ever!
RouteGatwick to Oslo