Norwegian

"Flight delayed by 4 hours"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Orlando. Flight delayed by 4 hours with no communication from ground staff. Delay occurred following our progression through the gate but before boarding so we were kept in the gate area with not enough seating and no food or drink for four hours. Staff on flight were rude and saw no need to provide any level of customer service. After flight it was clear that there had been a mix up with luggage but there was no one from the airline available to help, due to the delay it was now 2am and we were stranded without our luggage and no assistance. I called Norwegian helpline and informed them that my telephone credit was about to run out and requested they call me back but they refused to do so. Phone credit ran out and I was left with no way of contacting Norwegian and no suitcase. I emailed the airline with a complaint over a month ago and never received any kind of response. I'm sure they are fine if everything runs smoothly but as soon as there is an issue they are completely i equipped to deal with it.
RouteGatwick to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2017

"over the weight limit of 10kg"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Los Angeles. Nickel and dime you to death. On my flight they forced me to check my bag because it was slightly over the weight limit of 10kg and charged me $55 -their price if you don't buy baggage in advance. Food I found revolting. $45. By the time they're done nickel & dime'ing you, your at the cost of the other airlines, just with horrible, aggressive, anti passenger service. They lure you with low fares, but then pursue you to squeeze every dime. An oppressive experience
RouteGatwick to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"very easy and straightforward"

Verified Review | Gatwick to New York JFK. If you want a cheap flight to the US and aren't bothered about the frills then book Norwegian. Both my flights were on time and both actually arrived earlier than planned. I didn't reserve a seat and got given aisle seats for both flights. I purposely booked a very early morning flight there (arriving in New York at 9am was great) and a late night flight back. This avoided needing to eat and all the other stuff. Everything was very easy and straightforward, just take plenty of water with you and a travel pillow. The only slight downfall was my headphones didn't fit the plane socket (I have the iphone lightning headphones so just take normal ones) other than that I was pleasantly surprised and would 100% fly with them again (although anything longer than 8hrs I would reconsider as I'm tall and legroom isn't great). The air on the Boeing 787 definitely makes a difference and I was surprised at how good I felt when I landed.
RouteGatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"no cranberry or tomato juice"

(Slovenia)

Verified Review | I purchased a one way ticket on Norwegian for a direct flight from Gatwick to Denver. The original ticket was $303, paid for as soon as I booked it in June. Three days before the flight, Norwegian emailed me an offer to upgrade to premium economy for $450 which I accepted. I received a confirmation that I was being charged a cancellation fee and I was now being charged $779 (on top of the original $303). While this will get resolved I suspect now that I am back in the US, I was not overly impressed with this airline. In premium I asked for coffee and was told no, it would be served after the meal. I had to bus my own trash back to the kitchen - they did not come by with a trash bag to collect. I had to go to the kitchen several times to request water. In premium, there were two decent meals, but no cranberry or tomato juice.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGTW to DEN
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"Norwegian is a low cost airline"

Verified Review | I guess my mistake was not knowing that Norwegian is a low cost airline. My flight was certainly not considerably cheaper than others. The plane itself was fabulous. Huge, very roomy, clean, individual TVs for everyone with movies and USB ports for charging devices. The app wouldn't allow my friend or me to check in online saying that check in needed to be done at a kiosk. Ok. I was on an 11 hour flight from London Gatwick to Oakland California with no water. I didn't bother to pre-order a meal because I've never needed to with other airlines. I figured I'd get my complimentary drinks and snacks and that there would be plentiful options for meals onboard. While everyone around me was being served hot meals with tea and coffee and snacks, I sat there confused. When I asked if I could have some coffee the stewardess asked if I had prepurchased a meal. I had planned on purchasing food onboard the flight, but options were limited. The"hot snack was a grilled cheese with one thin slice of ham for $7. It tasted fine. The flight attendants rarely came by, twice I hit the call button and no one showed, but other parched passengers like myself were walking to the flight attendants station to ask for water which they were then provided a cup of room temp tap water. At least I had movies to keep me occupied. Good luck if you get cold, need a pillow, or forgot your headphones because they will charge you. For the last short leg of my journey home I flew Southwest Airlines and for my less than one hour flight from Oakland to Phoenix I had caring flight attendants and drinks and snacks.
RouteGatwick to Oakland

"service was efficient"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | Kaunas to Stockholm. This flight apparently departed from Kaunas instead of Vilnius because of building works at Vilnius airport. For this reason a temporary departure hall had been added at Kaunas airport. It was not too bad, even though it felt very temporary. The most annoying thing was that when boarding started there was still lots of time until the actual boarding took place. So all the people, including the elderly and families with children who would have benefited the most from sitting had to stand waiting outside for a long time. Once we boarded the flight was short and smooth, and we arrived on time. In flight service was efficient, but somewhat overpriced, especially when departing from a cheap country like Lithuania. Like all Norwegian aircraft the plane was in good shape with decent seating comfort.
RouteKaunas to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2017

"super service and latest planes"

Verified Review | Barcelona to Gatwick. After a disaster with Vueling caused by their delay we were able to book a flight on Norwegian the next day. What a surprise, super service and the latest planes, more legroom and tasty food. Flight left on time. Now our preferred airline. One complaint, they don't fly to Mahon but we can take advantage
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick

"fantastic friendly staff"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Barcelona return. My flight on the way to Barcelona was fantastic, they have friendly staff who were extremely caring, however on the way back I was shocked at how rude an air steward was boarding me to my seat, I'm a young teenager traveling alone to Barcelona and my seat was changed to an emergency exit seat, I wasn't told. He then said I was unorganised and that I should sit down because I'm blocking the aisle for other passengers. I was aware of other people around me who had also had problems with this man. This obviously doesn't mean everyone on Norwegian air is like this, they have fantastic friendly staff.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 MAX
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"experience was very pleasant"

Verified Review | Oslo to Alesund. It was first time when i flew with Norwegian, and experience was very pleasant. Staff in Oslo airport was amazingly kind and helped us. Because our flight was delayed by more then 2 hours by Ryanair they kindly changed our flight for next day 1st flight to Alesund without extra charge, we were very surprised and it made our trip better. In Europe if i will have a choice of choosing whether Ryanair, Wizzair or Norwegian, I would definitely would choose Norwegian even if i would need to pay extra. Even tho i did not had much experience with them, I would recommend them to everyone
RouteOslo to Alesund

"luggage overweight problem"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Gatwick. The line for check in was 4 lanes deep. At the counter I was met with a luggage overweight problem by 4 lbs. I transferred weight from one bag to the other but staff were not satisfied and I was still 1lb overweight. I have come to expect 50lbs, not 44 (20kg) as is their policy. Flying them once was enough for me.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick