Vote Now

Norwegian

"Smartlynx fly A320's"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Stockholm. I'm a frequent Norwegian flyer, and have for a long time liked it a lot. It seems like Norwegian outsource many of their flights to Smartlynx Airlines, and it is terrible. Today the plane is delayed 1.5 hours. That is unacceptable. Smartlynx Airlines fly A320's instead of Norwegian new Boeings and that means the boarding can only happen from the front (so it takes twice as ling and gets the arrival even more delayed), there is less luggage room in the cabin (so they have to check in last minute extra luggages, which delays the process) and there is no wifi on the plane.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"modern, clean and comfortable"

Unverified | Gatwick to Berlin. Originally 09:00 flight. Time changed with more than enough notice, offered many different options for new flights for free or full refund for the leg. Check-in was quick and easy, as was boarding. Aircraft was modern, clean and comfortable, although the crew lacked any personality and seemed almost perturbed to be doing their job. Very ordinary flight. Berlin to Barcelona and then Gatwick, 09:00 22/07/16. Again, originally a direct flight at 12:40 from SXF-LGW. Offered a refund, but we opted for a free of charge change of flights as it was cheaper. Flight SXF-BCN delayed by 3 hours. Ground staff very helpful, allowed us to call parents in the UK to discuss plans. Told we could fly to BCN, miss our connection and would offer us accommodation and onward travel to LGW for free, although this option was not satisfactory for us. We offloaded and requested a refund for the leg we did not use. Full refund of inbound leg within 4 weeks of submission. Very impressed.
RouteLGW to SXF
Date FlownJuly 2016

"Delayed by nearly 5 hours"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Gatwick. Delayed by nearly 5 hours and abandoned at the airport, the last flight out. Shops shut. Food vouchers of insufficient value not accepted in all outlets. Sought explanation from airline who advised extraordinary circumstances and no compensation. I was unable to establish why they could not have resolved the issue within a reasonable time. Didn't want to make a fuss but their attitude to my complaint made me more mad!
RouteJFK to LGW
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"need to check our hand luggage in"

(Sweden)

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Stockholm. All three flights so far wih Norwegian has run smoothly. But this flight D82852 on February 8 was sinking the rating of Norwegian as we entered the cabin. The crew was disorganised and there was not enough space overhead for the cabin luggage. Either Norwegian hasn't designed the aircraft to fit all cabin luggage in the cabin or they are not making sure that people stick to the rules of carrying hand luggage. So we came in to our pre-booked front seat rows and find that the overhead storage isn't designed for normal sized cabin luggage and already there is one smaller bag and a ladies handbag stuffed in there. The cabin staff tells me to follow her colleague further back to store my luggage there. Another staff says there is no room for our luggage down there. When I finally get back to my seat the staff confirms they need to check our hand luggage in. I need to take out my laptop and our valuables. After takeoff I realise that the luggage stored overhead of us belongs to the cabin crew. I have to admit that yesterday's flight from Fuerteventura to London with a half full cabin did have one of the smoothest communicating crews I have seen in work lately.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteLondon to Stockholm
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"a good experience all round"

Unverified | Flew from London Gatwick to New York JFK on 2nd February. Check in was no problem. There were attendants stationed to help you use the check in machine. Boarding was done certain sections at a time to ensure we were not all boarding at once. Took off on time. Entertainment was via screens and plenty of choice of selection. Booked pre flight meal and it was very nice. Also provided with tea and coffee together with cold drinks. Attendants were great and very helpful. Flight was a good experience all round and would definitely use them again.
RouteGatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"I cannot fault their service"

Verified Review | Manchester to Malaga. Don't believe everything you read. I was ready for a horrible journey before I entered the plane as one of the ground crew insisted that he had been told by the flight crew that there was "No available space in the overhead lockers and my bag would have to go in the hold". So he took my bag, after I retrieved my laptop computer and put a label on it. I was shocked to find that the plane was only a third full and there was plenty of overhead locker space. I asked one of the hostesses and she said there wouldn't have been a problem at all and didn't understand. I sat down in my very comfortable seat with plenty of legroom and prepared for the flight. The flight was one of the best short-haul flights I've had for many years. The flight crew were pleasant and chatty and nothing was too much bother. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and the free wifi worked a dream. I even managed to make a whatsapp call to my wife during the flight. I realised the Ground crew were not Norwegian Air but Manchester Airport's own staff. This was proved to be right when I collected my bag at Malaga which was one of only 5 on the baggage collection conveyor. The ground crew were obviously making sure that the baggage handlers jobs were justified. I cannot fault their service and will not only use them again but also recommend them. Ground services are marked down to 1 star as this is down to the airport and not the airline.
RouteManchester to Malaga
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"on time and very comfortable"

(Hungary)

Verified Review | Gatwick to Budapest. The flight was on time, and very comfortable. Before we left the cabin staff had trouble closing the overhead locker so I helped her and she was very grateful. When I ordered my meal she gave me free drink for helping her. I was also allowed go into the cockpit after landing. Very good, recommended.
RouteGatwick to Budapest
Date FlownDecember 2016

"definitely fly Norwegian again"

Unverified | London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale with Norwegian. Really impressed with our flight. No delays. Cabin crew were very professional. Ordered snacks and drinks on a tablet , everything Really quick and efficient. Plenty of films to watch and trivia games to play. The overnight flight back to London was comfortable, the lights were dipped so everyone could get some sleep. Will definitely fly Norwegian again.
RouteGatwick to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"just over a 3 hour delay"

Verified Review | London Gatwick to Tenerife. It was our first time flying with this company because Thomson are now using this airline in their package holidays. We had just over a 3 hour delay, kept at the gate with no explanation or beverages. After a couple of hours we were told that the plane was ready but there was no crew. Once we were airborne, everyone was in need of a drink and something to eat but by the time the crew got to the middle of the plane there was no food left. By this time tempers were frayed and a lot of people were upset. The experience was awful.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Tenerife
Date FlownOctober 2016

"an excellent flight"

Unverified | London Gatwick to Orlando. This is our first time flying with Norwegian and we would thoroughly recommend the airline. We chose premium at what we considered to be a competitive price and were impressed with the Boeing 787, the comfortable seats and ample legroom. The inflight meal was pretty good for airline food and the IFE was very user friendly. All in all an excellent flight - in fact the only long haul flight where I haven't been clock watching!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy