Vote Now

Norwegian

"went above and beyond"

Verified Review | Los Angeles to Gatwick. My son, (aged 13), few solo, long haul from Los Angeles to London. We did not pay an unaccompanied minor fee, however, from check-in to landing, Norwegian Airlines went above and beyond to make my sons journey safe, comfortable and more the point enjoyable. On check-in, (without my motivation), they radio'd ahead to tell airport staff to look for my son to ensure safe and easy boarding. When on the plane an air host, throughout the flight, took care of his well being ensuring he had food and water, while asking about the film he was watching. The airline staff created an air of being taken cared for without being invasive. This is not the first time I have been impressed with Norwegian and therefore felt compelled to share a extremely positive flying experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2017

"terrible organisation"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Catania with Norwegian. Delayed over 3 hours at Gatwick due to late crew. No explanations, terrible organisation then made sure they sped up and arrived at just under the 3 hour limit by literally minutes to avoid claims. Helpfully we were delayed on the way back also.
RouteGatwick to Catania
Date FlownApril 2017

"Norwegian is easy"

Verified Review | I frequently fly to Europe from LA every month and a half, and always choose Norwegian. They are the equivalent of Southwest in a European, low-cost carrier. It's super easy to fly with them, with their cheap prices and ease of changing flights. I always fly economy and buy the package of a bag and a meal, and I find it to be very comfortable. With their friendly staff and easy check-in, I've never had any problems with Norwegian. The food is decent (you get what you pay for), but their in-flight entertainment system is excellent, on my flight to London from LAX in March they already had LaLa Land! They have plenty of movies and shows to keep you entertained for hours, and on the short flight from London to Helsinki they had free wifi. Since I'm a frequent flier I usually check-in 2 bags (sports equipment), and have never had a problem. I also change my return date frequently since my schedule is always changing, and have only had to pay 90 euros to 100 euros, but never more than that. Plus I'm a Norwegian rewards member so I get cashpoints for flights, hotels and lounge access, which you can apply towards any flight right away (no needing to wait until you get 30k points to use towards a flight, you can use it instantly). Either I can wait a couple months and get a couple hundred dollars off, or I can use it the next month and get $20 off. Norwegian is easy and I'll continue to fly with them.
RouteLos Angeles to Helsinki via London
Date FlownMarch 2017

"changed the season's schedule"

Verified Review | Norwegian previously provided reasonably reliable service, so we booked our year's schedule of flights, in advance. Big mistake. Norwegian have now changed the season's schedule, after bagging all their bookings, Their flights back into Gatwick from Fuerteventura on both Wednesday and Saturday's now arrive at around 2am. Great inconvenience for our onward travel plans and not what we paid in advance for. Norwegian Customer Service were not interested in the fact that both our car hire and travel tickets needed to be rebooked (at a cost). Add to this that the advertised benefit of onboard Wifi hasn't worked on all our last two or three flights. We will switch our future bookings onto Easyjet.
RouteGatwick to Fuerteventura
Date FlownMarch 2017

"cheap prices and friendly staff"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Nice to Copenhagen. New planes, cheap prices and friendly staff, but often delayed. The later your plane is scheduled, the more likely the delay. In Nice, the passengers sitting in the back of the plane are asked to board first, which is a usual procedure. What is unusual, is that there seems to be a discrepancy between the possible number of passengers and the available hand luggage space, despite a restrictive hand luggage policy. That may cause annoyance when the flights are heavily booked. If you plan to sit in the front seats because you want to get off the plane quickly after landing, the staff may not allow you to take hand luggage with you because of lack of space. That may cost you a delay for getting your bag back after landing (30 mins in Copenhagen). Good for recreational purpose, annoying for frequent flights.
RouteNice to Copenhagen

"changing our reservation"

Verified Review | We had to cut our trip to Guadeloupe four days early which necessitated changing our reservation. We tried to reach a customer representative through the international and U.S. telephone numbers. We were on hold for hours and finally gave up until later in the day (March 11). Our travel document stated we could go to the Norwegian.com website and change our reservation under "My Reservations." Although we provided our booking reference number, document number, passenger name, flight, etc, the website stated they had no such reservation. Later that day, we again tried to reach Norwegian by phone. This time we were connected to a customer representative, rude to say the least. We had to pay $480 to change the reservation for two tickets, including $50 to have him make the change online. He said we could avoid the $50 fee by doing this ourselves online, but when he told him we were unable to make the change online, he said we would have to pay the $50 for him to change the reservation.
RouteGuadeloupe to Boston
Date FlownMarch 2017

"€11 kg for suitcase being overweight"

Verified Review | Shocking charge of €11 per kg for your suitcase being overweight. I am a frequent flyer with Norwegian and this is the first time my baggage has been overweight, but they refused to take this into consideration. It's the last time I will fly with Norwegian as this is the last straw with a company with whom I have recently encountered many problems.
RouteMalaga to Manchester
Date FlownMarch 2017

"they've been horrendous for customer service"

Verified Review | I was due to fly to New York JFK from Gatwick aboard a Norwegian Airbus but received a text a few days before departure telling me that the flight would be operated by HiFly and that the inflight entertainment would be limited. Nothing about food comfort or anything. As soon as I got on board the discomfort started. Thin uncomfortable seats. Tiny TV with only 6 terrible films. Not that it mattered as my headphone socket was broken. I'd paid extra for the food upgrade (£50 each way). The food was as basic as you get. I've seen better school dinners than this food. We were provided 1 drink only. I asked for another and even offered to pay but was refused and told rather rudely "Only water!". On an 8 hour flight. When it came to attempting to sleep my seat didn't even recline. Along with that there was a wobble to it as though it wasn't screwed down correctly. The staff were hardly ever around and never seemed to answer the service light. There was also a constant 'bong' noise like when the pilot communicates to the staff. This was constant the entire flight every few minutes making any rest impossible. To make all this worse I was flying back the next day. Looking forward to a slightly better flight. The morning of my departure I received the same text which said my flight later that evening would also be managed by the same company! To my horror it wasn't just that. It was exactly the same crew meaning Norwegian knew well in advance that my flight would be this one but deemed it ok to not tell me until the morning of my flight, stopping me having a chance to change it. Since then I've had back and forth with them over email. They've offered me 1000 Casahpoints/Airmiles voucher. Which equates to about £96. No refund on the food upgrade I purchased. Just a means I can only use if I fly with them again. They've been horrendous for customer service. An apology for misselling me a ticket and a small voucher is ridiculous. There are a lot of others who have clearly had good service on their flights when they work. Just beware that when they don't you're probably going to have a really really bad time.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLondon Gatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"flight conducted by Hi-Fly"

Verified Review | Gatwick to New York JFK. A week before departure received an email stating that the flight will be conducted by Hi-Fly (not Norwegian). I had hotels booked and a car waiting for me so the opportunity to rebook or cancel was not an option. There were 6 films to choose from (total) but it didn't matter anyway because apparently they had forgotten to load the headphones. The seats were no better than economy, and although the seat recline was in the region of 60 degrees there was insufficient room to relax, I had booked premium class because my wife suffers from a slipped disk in her spine. Broken magazine pouches, and tears in the seating fabric lent nothing to the overal comfort. No small comfort items toothpaste, brush, eye mask etc. The two meals was served in a cardboard box with limited choice, yuck. I appreciate that airlines need on occasions to uterlise alternative aircraft (leasing) but come on. When at Gatwick airport and you observe several Norwegian aircraft to European destinations questions, you ask as to why a long haul flight to the USA was serviced with an aircraft so old an clearly not suitable for those who have paid a great deal of money for a semblance of comfort which was sorely missing in this trip. I'm not looking forward to the trip home.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteGatwick to New York

"certainly recommend Norwegian"

Verified Review | Bergen to Gatwick. Punctual; service was on time with informative updates provided by the flightdeck crew. Aircraft new and very fuel efficient. Comfortable; the cabin was fitted with next generation seating with extra legroom and comfort. Cabin interior was new, modern and looked after. Friendly, welcoming and helpful staff; staff were there to help and assist but never overwhelming. I sensed they had pride in their job. On the flight one of our cases was overweight but no additional charge was made, because our total baggage allowance (hold+cabin) was not exceeded, which meant that we didn't have to do any on the spot repacking. Good value for money - flights were booked within about 3 weeks of departure and were still very good value. Open ticket return was also easy to book and easy to change on line app. Booking: booking was made online and was very simple and straightforward. The on-line app was also extremely easy to use and very useful in that electonic boarding passes could be used. Excellent inflight wifi connectivity with access to films and free programs. I would certainly recommend Norwegian and would definitely consider using them on other routes.
RouteBergen to Gatwick