Top 100 Airlines

Norwegian

"very happy long haul low cost experience"

Verified Review | Exactly what I expected and that's a good thing. Booked a return 'lowfare' trip from London Gatwick to Oakland with Norwegian. Added seat reservations and luggage separately, did not add meals. Recommend doing this and taking your own food. This saved about £50 in total from upgrading for the 'lowfare+' but still gave me the bags/seat I wanted. The aircraft is brand new, so cabin cleanliness and quality is obviously quite good (this will probably change over time). Seats recline and there is legroom enough for the 5ft 7 man for 10hrs. Boarding was very quick at each end. Staff generally friendly and cheerful. Very good quality updates from flight crew. Inflight entertainment is easy to use. You can order and pay for nibbles from the 'snack bar' using the IFE (It has a card swiper - no cash accepted). Gatwick was Gatwick, Oakland's departure lounge has a nice view and no less than 3 Starbucks. Online/mobile check in for flights to the USA with Norwegian isn't available at the time of writing (something I like). Once you've checked in at the airport, you can refresh your Norwegian app and get a boarding pass for Apple Wallet if you want it (also something I like). There was also no wifi on this trip. The feature that allows you to order from the snack bar on the IFE is great. Personally, I like it. However, during meal services the snack bar is 'closed'. It is very difficult to get the cabin crew's attention during that time if you have not pre-ordered a meal. If you need water, or anything else, you'll have to verbally interrupt them serving food and ask. (They ignored the call bell in both directions during those times). Overall, a very happy first-time long haul low cost experience. Good aircraft, good enough service for the price you pay, and an easier night's sleep thanks to the 'sunglasses mode' windows. Give it a go.
RouteLGW to OAK
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"staff were rude and unhelpful"

I flew with Norwegian from Gatwick to Alicante on the 06/09/2016 through Thomson and the flight was comfortable and the staff helpful and nice. The aircraft was clean. The flight home was uncomfortable, the staff were rude and unhelpful, they didn't do the safety routine but put a video on then turned it off then restarted it again. Once up in the air passengers started to go toilet at the back of the plane were I was sat (which was fine) but the toilet on the right side was disgusting it had to be locked off. The staff response of - oh how did it get like that, the toilet opposite was filthy with no toilet paper. Never again will I use this airline.
RouteLGW to ALC
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"the flight was cancelled"

Verified Review | My wife and I were booked on Norwegian to fly home from Palma de Mallorca to London Gatwick on Saturday 24 September 2016. We had checked in online the night before and had our boarding cards. When we arrived at the airport for our flight home to London Gatwick, we queued for over an hour to be told that the flight was cancelled. Norewgian had not contacted us in any way beforehand (phone / email etc.), and there was no Norwegian representative or office at the airport. Iberia staff told us that Norwegian had informed them to 'tell passengers to make their own arrangements to fly home'. All Iberia staff told us that they had never experienced such a bad situation before and that Norwegian had behaved disgracefully. We tried every airline office in the terminal but no flights to London were available that evening except a very busy Monarch flight to London Luton airport. We bought the last 2 tickets on this flight but had to ask our son to drive 264 miles to collect us at Luton at 03.00 the next day, drive us to Gatwick to recover our car, and then return home exhausted and very angry. I believe the flight was cancelled to save costs (another Norwegian flight to Gatwick left the same evening), but the company gave no thought to the awful consequences for the passengers they abandoned.
RoutePMI to LGW

"now in to a 24hr delay"

Disgusted with the way we have been treated by Norwegian. Our flight was cancelled and there was no explanation as to why. We were in the airport for 4 hrs before being told of the cancellation and then we were herded like cattle to a bus which took us to a hotel an hour away from the airport. At 11.30 that night we were told that they couldn't accommodate us with flights home and we would have to do everything ourselves in the morning. We then had to pay to get back to Malaga airport where we were told that unfortunately Norwegian couldn't help us and we had to buy another flight from another airline. Of course my husband and I couldn't afford to buy a new flight, so after a few cross words we were offered a hotel for another night only and they would try and get us a flight. We were given a number to call for assistance and guess what, all was spoken in Norwegian. We are now in to a 24hr delay and still don't know how or when we are going home.
RouteEDI to AGP
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"was fantastic to fly with"

Verified Review | Cologne-Bonn to Alicante. Norwegian was fantastic to fly with. Normally we fly Ryanair, which is ok but not the best. This was the first time that Norwegian was cheaper than Ryanair so we chose Norwegian. WiFi was not working. The leg room was better, the airplane was beautiful and everyone was friendly. Check-in at the airport (Alicante) by person and not by machine.
RouteCGN to ALC
Date FlownAugust 2016

"the service was great"

Verified Review | Oslo to Los Angeles. I loved the Boeing 787, best I've ever flown on! The premium seats were reasonably spacious and comfortable, the service was great, the entertainment system was awesome! I had chosen as options an assigned seat and their "nice and tasty menu", which was average as airline food goes. Enjoyed the hot meal of curried chicken, though the accompanying pasta salad seemed a little odd. That was served shortly after takeoff. The cold meal, served shortly before landing, was quite OK. There were no shades on the windows, but they automatically darkened gradually as we flew. Loved the option to order snacks whenever wanted through the entertainment system! Flight attendants would then deliver them almost instantly. The flight arrived on time after 10 hours and 40 minutes nonstop from Oslo to LAX. I will definitely try to fly Norwegian next time I go to Europe - though will avoid leaving from Oslo Gardemoen even if I have to take a train to somewhere else.
RouteOSL to LAX

"FA's were courteous"

Verified Review | Copenhagen to Oslo. Self service check in was smooth. Staff on ground was helpful in assisting with their self service baggage dropping. Boarding was smooth as flight was not full. FA's were courteous. Wifi is available but were slow, still you can watch some programmed videos on their app which you can download on your own device.
RouteCPH to OSL
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"are helpful and very courteous"

Verified Review | Oslo to Rome. Self service check in and baggage drop were smooth and convenient. Gate staff are nice. Cabin crew are helpful and very courteous. No wifi on the aircraft so even the Norwegian app cannot be use on my personal ipad. Flight was smooth and on time. Landed nicely. Baggage were a bit delayed on arrival although its given as plane was parked far from terminal.
RouteOSL to FCO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"their crew for being attentive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | I was travelling with my family (including my 81 years old grandmother) from Reykjavik (Iceland) to Bergen (Norway) on 26th August 2016. We would like to send our greatest thanks to Norwegian Air because of their crew for being attentive and did their extra mile during our flight. My grandma was feeling not well during the flight, and the stewardess gave their best to help my grandma by giving her oxygen, move her to the front seat, ask her whether she wants an emergency landing and even prepare ambulance once we arrive in Bergen. The Pilot did his best, we are supposed to arrive within 2hours 40mins, and we landed within 2 hours. The flight the crew is friendly and helpful, we also got free sandwich and beverages. Thank you Norwegian ! I will definitely recommend and use your airline again in the future!
RouteKEF to BGO
Date FlownAugust 2016

"a good low cost product"

Verified Review | Travelled Norwegian in early September from Amsterdam to Oslo in the afternoon service. The take off was delayed by 45 mins due to delay in arrival of aircraft. I was lucky to have allocated the first row window seat at the counter, after request. The first row has very good leg space. The take off was smooth and the captain made up significant time in the air and the flight landed only 30 mins late. Overall, a good low cost product, considering the ticket was only $50 and efficient crew.
RouteAMS to OSL