Nok Air

"in general it was comfortable"

Trip Verified | Took Nok Air from DMK to URT (Champhon) as it offered the earliest flight for the day. First impression is that the airline is really cute, the whole ‘bird’ theme stuck throughout, the planes are painted in different colors and the nose always has a beak. This theme was also present in the cabin service - the stewardesses wore yellow and all the materials were really well thought out to present the brand image. As a PR person this is refreshing - especially from a budget airline. Seat pitch was quite tight, however in general it was comfortable. The service was slightly better than other popular budget airlines brands in Asia. The stewardesses came only once after the seatbelt lights were turned off; and dimmed the cabin lights for us to sleep. I would recommend this brand since I think at least for a budget airline they made the extra effort to stay on theme.
AircraftATR72-500
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani Province
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"will not fly Nok Air anymore"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hadyai to Bangkok. Today, my Nok Air flight has been delayed and retimed twice. As a result, it was late more than an hour. Indeed, it's not only one time but I experienced this kind of delay many times. Subsequently, I would like this complaint might help it to improve its service in the future. However, for me, I will not fly Nok Air anymore.
RouteHadyai to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"unnecessarily complicated procedure"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hat Yai to Bangkok. Since air fare can be reimbursed with the organization (foreign government development agency), I turned up at their counter in Hat Yai to ask for the receipt/taxi invoice or any kind of document that has my name, flight detail, air fare and the organization name on it, for the reimbursement purpose. The staff informed that no document can be issued here, which for me was a bit strange because other airlines I have used could have done this process in literally a minute. After the trip, I sent the request through their e-mail system. Having waited for a week without any contact back, I decided to contact the call center. The response received was that the consideration was in the process (for god sake, I am not applying for job, just a receipt,, what exactly do you need to consider). Then a week later and still no contact from Nok air, I decided to call them again. This time they said they will follow the case and contact back. I did specifically ask them to contact me back today because I got tired of the chasing. Kindly enough, Nok Air contacted me back on that day, informing that my information for issuing tax invoice was insufficient (took them two weeks to realize that). Then, I explained that what I need is just a document from the airline, not necessarily tax invoice, just a receipt is fine. Then, I was told that a receipt cannot be issued after the travel. In sum, the unnecessarily complicated procedure, lack of customer service, poor case/request tracking system, and inability to solve customers' problem had made Nok Air uncompetitive with other airlines.
RouteHat Yai to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"quite comfortable and timely"

Not Verified | Flew Yangon to Bangkok Don Muang. I found Nok to be quite comfortable and timely. I’m 6’2” tall and I had sufficient legroom. I was surprised this was a budget airline. My only qualm about flying with them again is Don Muang Airport. If Nok flew out of BKK, it old be my LCC of choice for Southeast Asian travel out of Bangkok.
RouteYangon to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2017

"the last time I book this company"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Bangkok. This company is a disaster. When I booked my flight I added an extra luggage of 15kg, which i paid with my booking. When I arrived at the airport, I found out that we all have the right to bring 1 free 15kg luggage. Mine was 21 kg so I told them to make some simple additions : 15 free + 15 paid = 30 kg. They refused to do the maths and asked me to pay 2100 baths (70 dollars) if I wanted to board. This is the last time I book this company.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"I will never fly with them again"

Verified Review | Hat Yai to Bangkok. Off to a bad start with ticketing. After inadvertently entering ‘Jeff’ as fist name instead of ‘Jeffrey’ was charged an extra 750 baht on a 1600 baht ticket to add the ‘rey’ onto the end of my name. Staff were very inflexible. As Nok Air decided to squeeze an extra 750 baht out of me for this small mistake, I will never fly with them again. Disgraceful.
RouteHat Yai to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"will be my last time with Nok Air"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Ho Chi Minh to Chiang Mai via Bangkok. The worst airline I have ever known. - 3 among 4 flights I took delayed (HCM-BKK-Chiang Mai and Chiang mai-BKK-HCM). But the worst flight was the 4th. We arrived at 5:00pm for the 6:30 flight. It was a long line and finally it was our turn. When we reached the desk they told me that the counter had closed a minute before. It was ridiculous that we waited right in front of them and they just closed the check-in counter without saying a word. We missed the flight and had to buy new tickets for the next day. Most of all, the attitude of the manager and staffs was unacceptable. This definitely will be my last time with Nok Air.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Chiang Mai via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"impressed me a great deal"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Hanoi to Yangon via Bangkok. Nok Air, best of the LCC's. I've flown many low cost carriers from Turkey to Vietnam, and Nok Air really impressed me a great deal. I bought this ticket because of a promo rate, and I have no regrets. I had heard a rumor that Nok flew old beat up planes, but in reality I flew on near-new Boeing 737-800's (4 flights total). Nok does not nickel and dime the passenger as so many LCC's do - I had a free seat reservation, free 30kg baggage allowance and even a free small snack! Friendly staff, clean planes and on time performance, excellent.
RouteHanoi to Yangon via Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2017

"lovely ground staff and crew"

Verified Review | Flew Nok Air from Udon Thani to Bangkok. The cabin crew were extremely cheerful and friendly. On top of that, I was served a small package of snacks with water but they were not enough, I had to order some local Thai food-stir fried noodle. Food was great and beyond my expectations. The entertainment is still considered pretty poor - no personal TV but I do understand since it's a short haul with B737. Overall, I would highly recommend thanks to their lovely ground staff and crew.
RouteUdon Thani to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"error double booking someone"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok to Krabi. Just made a little error by double booking someone. Zero help from Nok Air canceling the double booking, or even a partial refund would have been appreciated. It was obvious that it was an error as there are now 2 bookings for 1 person, therefore there will be an empty seat. This rigid stance is annoying. I would have been happy to pay some kind of admin fee and just get a small refund but there is no leeway. Realizing this and calling just 10 minutes after making a booking, it is very disappointing not to have any sympathy and allow a change from Nok Air.
RouteBangkok to Krabi