Vote Now

Nok Air

"leg room acceptable"

Verified Review | Bangkok to Roi Et return and chose Nok Air. Much more pleasant experience than last time with Thai AirAsia. Check in early, flight good, small snack provided, leg room acceptable. Would recommend them over Thai AirAsia.
RouteBangkok to Roi Et
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"will not use again, unless very cheap"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Bangkok Don Muang to Chiang Mai. Nok Air used to be my number one choice for domestic flights but due to the frequent delays and impolite staff I use Thai Smile more frequently for domestic travel. The ticket was on sale and about 30-40% cheaper than Thai Smile, so I chose Nok Air. My expectations were set somewhere in the middle. I had checked in online, and bag drop was orderly, but the staff were cold. Afterwards, boarding was unnecessarily delayed, due to the fact that the plane was parked at a remote stand, when I spot at least 10-15 empty gates. The purser smiles and checks my boarding pass, and helps me find my seat. The seat itself had very bad cushioning, and the plane was ex-Jet Airways (according to my sources). My mum's seat had a problem with the recline, it wouldn't recline, although mine had plenty of recline. Hygiene was a clear problem. I notice they have a 30-40 minute turnaround time, which means the cabin won't be 100% clean. My tray table had crumbs on it and my window had a stain on it. The flight attendants themselves were smiling and seemed happy but they had a bit of a tired look on their faces. The plane pushed back 30 minutes late and arrived 30 minutes late, no surprise, although that did make me have to alter my schedule. The inflight snack had a nice box, however, the cupcake was extremely dry, and the bottle of water they give you is tiny (150 ml) compared to the standard (330 ml). The flight attendants came around with the drink cart, only to serve the "Premium Economy" passengers and frustrated me even more. My baggage arrived 30 minutes after the first bags, altering my schedule and completely making me change my plans. Disappointing. However, if on a budget, I recommend this airline. If not, choose another. I will not use Nok Air again, unless they are very cheap.
RouteDMK to CNX
Date FlownDecember 2016

"crew friendly and efficient"

(Thailand)

In the past 14 years have traveled Nok Air a hundred times between Chiang Mai and Bangkok and the reverse direction. As usual, a smooth process from check in to baggage arrival at the carousels. Check in easy, seat comfort fine, pre-boarding no problem. Cabin crew friendly and efficient. Baggage arrival at Don Muang so much easier than Suvarnbhumi.
AircraftBoeing737
RouteCNX to BKK
Date FlownNovember 2016

"you get a lot for your money"

Verified Review | Great flight with Nok Air from Bangkok to Hanoi. Altough a 'no-frill' airline you get a lot for your money: 30 kg of luggage, small snack on board and WIFI on board the aircraft. Check-In was smooth, flight on time and aircraft brand-new. A lot of the 'old carriers' could learn something from Nok Air.
RouteBKK to HAN
Date FlownNovember 2016

"impressed by efficiency and service"

Chiang Mai to Bangkok. For a low cost airline, you cannot do much better as a passenger than Nok Air. This is my fourth flight in two weeks with this airline, and each time I impressed by the efficiency and service provided to passengers. Planes were all new, quite comfortable and the service, including a snack, was fine. Unlike most of the Asian low cost airlines, Nok Air does offer a nice little snack plus free baggage (15K on domestic and 30K!! on international). Check in is fast and easy and pretty painless. Compared to the market king, Air Asia, Nok Air is a much pleasanter experience, and often, cheaper too! Another bonus: in Thailand they offer free Wifi connection at their boarding areas and even on some flights.
RouteCNX to BKK
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"service has improved"

Verified Review | Nok Air are still using quite old aircraft but service has improved since last time a flew with them a few years ago. It is a cheaper alternative to Bangkok Air on route to Samui. Free snack was provided that seems to be a nice gesture especially the flight took just over 50 minutes.
RouteDMK to USM
Date FlownAugust 2016

"came through in an excellent way"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | NOK delayed the first leg of my trip to Bangkok by one hour. That only left 30 minutes to catch the flight to Yangon. I told them I had a meeting in the morning, had a non-refundable reservation in Yangon that night and just really needed to make that flight. They came through in an excellent way. They took care of my international processing at Mae Sot. They moved me to the front of the plane in the premium seat. When I landed one of their agents picked me in a van and escorted me through all the processing including priority processing at customs. They managed to get me to the gate on time to board my original flight to Yangon. So, I got an extra hour at home to prepare and still made my original bookings. In addition I found they had free WiFi on my flight. As always their prices are great also.
RouteMAQ to RGN via BKK
Date FlownJuly 2016

"no complaints at all"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Very impressed with Nok Air which operates from Bangkok Don Mueang. Check in was quick, they were much more relaxed about a few extra kilos and an extra carry on than European low cost airlines. The flight departed on time, and was fine - legroom was a bit tight but that's to be expected on a low-cost, friendly crew and even a little snack served. It was pouring with rain when we arrived in Mae Sot but they even provided a stand of umbrellas at the bottom of the aircraft steps to keep you dry as you walk to the little terminal. No complaints at all.
AircraftATR 72
RouteDMK to MAQ
Date FlownJuly 2016

"my last time with Nok Air"

(Thailand)

About Nok Air I have nothing to complain about their economy service that I think is fair, but their premium seat service is a failure. Last time I paid the extra service of premium seat to receive as they offer, exclusive check in, priority boarding, special seats and priority baggage delivery. To my question where is the premium check in counter I received the answer "we not have one". To my question why no sticker for priority delivery of bag the answer was: you no need one". When I asked why there is no priority boarding for premium the answer was: "why you didn't asked for it when we called for boarding". My final question was why we pay extra for services that we don't receive and the answer was: "You can choose another airline next time". Nothing to complain for the in flight staff that was very professional but a smile could be a nice add on to the service. This was my last time with Nok Air.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDMK to HKT
Date FlownMay 2016

"excellent service"

Hanoi to Bangkok with Nok Air. Excellent service from start to finish. Clean, professional, even loaded the plane from the rear to the front, so you are not waiting for the people up front to get to your seat. Lots of leg room. No in flight entertainment, but it was less than 2 hours, and even arrived early.
RouteHAN to BKK