Top 100 Airlines

Nok Air

"my last time with Nok Air"

(Thailand)

About Nok Air I have nothing to complain about their economy service that I think is fair, but their premium seat service is a failure. Last time I paid the extra service of premium seat to receive as they offer, exclusive check in, priority boarding, special seats and priority baggage delivery. To my question where is the premium check in counter I received the answer "we not have one". To my question why no sticker for priority delivery of bag the answer was: you no need one". When I asked why there is no priority boarding for premium the answer was: "why you didn't asked for it when we called for boarding". My final question was why we pay extra for services that we don't receive and the answer was: "You can choose another airline next time". Nothing to complain for the in flight staff that was very professional but a smile could be a nice add on to the service. This was my last time with Nok Air.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteDMK to HKT
Date FlownMay 2016

"excellent service"

Hanoi to Bangkok with Nok Air. Excellent service from start to finish. Clean, professional, even loaded the plane from the rear to the front, so you are not waiting for the people up front to get to your seat. Lots of leg room. No in flight entertainment, but it was less than 2 hours, and even arrived early.
RouteHAN to BKK
Date FlownApril 2016

"passenger service nose-dived"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | I have frequently used Nok Air for flights within Thailand and have found the airline consistently good. Even after its recent problems with pilots and working hours, I took it for a recent weekend in the northeast city of Udon Thani. For whatever reason, as other posters have pointed out, standards of passenger service have nose-dived. Economy check-in for a midday flight was split between two aisles covering all the airline's flights with just 3 counters open on one and 2 on the other. Unfortunately I was in the "other" queue with about 40 passengers ahead of me. That in itself would have presented little problem, except two separate passengers had their passports locked in their suitcases! Then, despite the rule of one on-board cabin bag with a max. weight of 7kgs, 8 others in the queue had at least two largish bags. And of course, when they got to the check-in desk a lot more time was wasted opening and re- packing. All the time the check-in ladies just sat and watched. A couple of desks away was a Nok employee just playing with his movie phone. The question therefore is: realising that these problems arise and given that Nok had no less than 3 service representatives floating around that area doing precious little, why on earth were they not checking for these particular problems long before the relevant passengers were anywhere near check-in? As if that were bad enough, once on the aircraft, one man boarded with 3 sizeable pieces of luggage, one a trolley bag. With the considerable difficulty he had hoisting it into the overhead bin, that alone clearly weighed well over 7kgs. Of course low cost carriers have their rules and certain inconvenience is virtually guaranteed. But a failure to make simple checks and a failure to enforce rules just makes the experience less bearable.
RouteDMK to UTH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"airline service went downhill"

(Thailand)

I was flying some month ago with Nok Air and it was quite okay, but it seams that since than the airline service went downhill. I was now booking another ticket to Bangkok - earliest flight - and was 5 days before notified per email that the flight would be changed to a later time. As I do not need a flight at later time a tried to contact their hotline and was waiting 25 minutes in the loop without anything happening. On their website you can only change flights - what I do not need. Their are flights canceled from Nok Air every Friday I fly, to me it looks like that they not get their flights filled up and simply cancel them. For me this was the last time I booked a ticket with Nok Air.
RouteHKT to BKK
Date FlownMarch 2016

"efficient and smiling"

Nok Air is a low cost domestic airline of Thailand but offers full service including free wifi on some aircrafts. Online booking with a foreign credit card is hassle free. Flights between DonMuang airport and Surathani were both on time. Clean aircraft, perceived onboard safety is good. Crew is attentive, efficient and smiling.
RouteDMK to SRT
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"airline has deteriorated significantly"

(Thailand)

This airline has deteriorated significantly over the last 12 months to the extent that its customer service is now very poor. At a peak time on a Monday late afternoon I had to wait 1 hour 45 minutes in the check-in line because Nok had less than half of their counters open (only 2 of the 6 were open). This was for my flight from Don Muang to Ubon Ratchathani. I complained about the waiting time to a senior staff member of Nok Air and his response was unbelievable. He told me if I was not happy to wait then I should fly another airline or travel another mode of transport. There have been subsequent delays on other days and cancelled flights where I was given no compensation.
RouteDMK to UBP
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"how they perform in a crisis"

(Thailand)

Flew Nok Air from Chiang Mai to Bangkok (having to make an international connection at Suvarnbhumi after landing at Don Muang) on Feb 16, a few days after their pilot strike. Host of problems: flight moved from 10:45am to 11:15am, aircraft changed from a single-body to wide body (airline changed to Nok Scoot), consequently took far longer to fill and far longer to load luggage, flight ultimately leaving at 12:40pm; on arrival at Don Muang the airbridge would not work and it took half an hour to disembark get onboard a bus which wound its way to the terminal, the luggage took 40 minutes to arrive. During this entire time I am biting my nails because I had to transfer from one airport to the other and the shuttle bus takes between 1-1/2 to 2 hours and I was in danger of missing my international flight. By the time I collected my luggage there was no way to make my connection at Suvarnbhumi had I used the shuttle and I had no choice but to take a taxi and tell the driver if he made it in 35 minutes I would give him 1000B. He did, and I made it with 10 minutes to spare before the check in counter closed. My return to Chiang Mai (Bkk-CM) is for March 4 at 19:00. I found out yesterday, February 25, that all Nok flights in March leaving Bangkok after 17:00 have been cancelled. Since my incoming flight to Suvarnbhumi comes in at 15:00 there is no way for me to make an earlier flight. All efforts to contact Nok by email have resulted in no reply. Calling Nok from India (where I am now) results in being put on endless hold and it costs about 19B a minute. Have used Nok 6-8 times a year, for more then 10 years, on this route and have rarely found any fault. However, the proof of an airline's worth is how they perform in a crisis - in this case some of their pilots being on strike - and here Nok fails miserably. I finally ended up buying a ticket on another airline and at more than twice the cost. I would, however, continue to recommend this airline. Hope the next time they have a crisis they perform better.
RouteCNX to DMG

"I was disappointed"

(Thailand)

Flew Nok Air from Phuket to Bangkok. No priority at all. This time I was disapointed. I tried for the first time their premium seats. As from the banner to their web site they offer priority check in, boarding and baggage. In Phuket airport no special counter for premium. No priority boarding at all. Seat was ok with enough leg room. Aircraft as usual dirty outside but clean inside. Nice and gentle staff inflight but its true that they do not smile anymore as once upon a time. Snack improved. Extra coffee or tea as premium. No priority baggage at all. I took my bag last after 40 mins. Nice surprise the Wi-Fi. Recommend? Yes for the leg room in premium seats (if to the first row or next to emergency exit) and Wi-Fi. No for the rest.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteHKT to BKK
Date FlownFebruary 2016

"best low cost I have used"

Bangkok to Chiang Mai with Nok Air and very impressed. Definitely the best low cost I have used : 15kg luggage allowance, boarding and departure in advance as all passengers were in, brand new plane, free snack onboard and free wifi (I am making this review as we just started our descent).
RouteDMK to CNX

"Well done Nok Air"

Flew Nok Air from Bangkok to Sura Thani and all good. On time, pleasant crew, comfortable seats and very clean. Short flight, so snacks handed out and no entertainment (less than a 1 hour flight). Where Nok Air really shone was on the flight back to Bangkok. Inbound plane delayed, and our daughter had a connecting flight out of BKK. Service staff at Sura Thani asked about connecting flights, and when she was informed of the tight connection time, she flew into action, retrieved the checked bag, had it prioritized and changed our seats to the first row. When we landed, a NOK Air agent was literally waiting outside the cabin door. Took our daughter, retrieved the bag (never seen someone run in high heels) and whisked her out to a cab. Total time from the plane door opening to getting into the cab - 11 minutes! Well done Nok Air.
RouteURT to DMK