Vote Now

Monarch Airlines

"courteous and professional"

Verified Review | Gatwick to Tenerife. From booking to the flight attendants and private taxi transfer was faultless. The staff are courteous and professional. The plane was spotless and whilst we were a little delayed leaving Gatwick the staff kept us fully informed at every step. Even the checking in desks at both ends of the journey are customer friendly.
RouteGatwick to Tenerife
Date FlownApril 2017

"staff were helpful and professional"

Verified Review | Flew Monarch Airlines from Las Palmas to London Gatwick. Very good service received following an incident requiring our flight to be unavoidably delayed. Monach staff were helpful and professional. We were accommodated overnight in excellent hotels which was no small task with over 200 passengers. We would not hesitate to fly with Monarch again thanks.
RouteLas Palmas to London Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2017

"this is the worst customer service"

Verified Review | Booked to fly Monarch Airlines from Tenerife to London. This is the worst customer service you can ever imagine. I tried to check in online 24 hours before because I wanted to sit next to my 4 year old daughter and there is no option to check in online if you have booked with anybody else. I had to wait 20 minutes on the phone to hear somebody try to flog me things I dont want. I eventually spoke to somebody who said they would only do it for 22 Euros. I asked if they would put my 4 year old alone in the cabin if they refused and they said yes!
RouteTenerife to London
Date FlownMarch 2017

"smoothly and without incident"

Verified Review | Luton to Rome-Fiumicino. This is my first experience of flying so prepare for potential ignorance. We arrived extremely early to London Luton to ensure no delays in our flight to Rome. A departure gate was given about an hour before the flight was due to depart which was when we first encountered the staff for Monarch. We had chosen to travel carry on only and had checked in digitally. At present, Monarch does not provide the function to use an electronic boarding pass on your phone so we had to use printed boarding passes. The staff at the gate were pleasant enough, if a little distant. It was apparent they had strict time deadlines and so politeness was kept to a minimum. We spent about 20 minutes waiting in a stairwell for us to be able to board the aircraft; Luton doesn't have the facilities of the larger airports and so boarding was done via stairs fore and aft. The plane in question is an A321-100 which was fully booked. Though clean and tidy, it had the appearance inside of being a little bit "old" but then I have no real experience elsewhere. I am fully appreciative it's a budget airline as well. Boarding took an age as the flight was jampacked but we still managed to leave roughly on time. The cabin staff were all friendly enough. The captain gave us a thorough commentary of the flight which is a nice touch. After take off, the refreshments run was made. Prices are steep but I expect nothing less on an airline; sadly, no refreshment provided with booking due to the short flight. Still, food was presentable and reasonably tasty with both warm and cold options. Monarch did have a "shopping round" with some duty free goods available on the plane but unsurprisingly no one partook. We arrived in Rome very slightly ahead of schedule and disembarked quickly. In all, the staff remained courteous and professional throughout. No one took issue with my hold luggage which I was expecting and the flight was conducted smoothly and without incident.
AircraftA321-100
RouteLuton to Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"friendly but professional crew"

Verified Review | Excellent flight on Monarch Airbus 321 from Manchester Terminal 2 to Tenerife South. Nice aircraft, comfortable seats in row 5 (purchased extra legroom seats). Friendly but professional crew both in the cockpit and the cabin. Left and arrived on time and decent food/snacks/drinks onboard although a little pricey. Return flight on 12th February equally good and arrived ten minutes early, a real bonus. Well done Monarch.
RouteManchester to Tenerife South
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"good value for money"

Gatwick to Alicante with Monarch Airlines. Very clean aircraft and comfortable. I will fly with Monarch any time. Fantastic staff and great food. Very good value for money. From Gatwick to Alicante and back, both very pleasant flights.
RouteLGW to ALC
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"extra leg room was brilliant"

Flew Gatwick to Tenerife with Monarch. No negative reviews, don't usually use Monarch but will consider them for future flights. Good service, excellent cabin crew. Food was was good and the drinks trolley came around twice. Extra leg room was brilliant, I am 6ft 5ins tall and felt very comfortable in these seats.
RouteLGW to TFS
Date FlownOctober 2016

"we were allocated different seats"

Information if you are travelling with children we are a family of 7 (5 adults and 2 children). We always prebooked and paid for our seats to ensure we sit together. Our outward flight to Palma was fine we sat in the seats booked, not so lucky on the way home. We were allocated different seats, 3 in the booked seats 3 moved 3 rows back and to our horror one of the children had been seated across the aisle inbetween two strangers. I queried this at the check-in desk and was advised our seats had been changed by Monarch so we could not sit in the seats we had pre-booked and would need to contact them re the change. The most distressing thing about the re seating involved the lack of concern they had for children’s safety as they seated my grandson separate to other members of our family even though there are 5 adults he could have been with. With the cooperation of the other passengers we changed my grandsons seat so he was sat with his brother and a very distressed mother. I emailed them for an explanation as to why our seats were changed and a child separated from the family. Their first reply took 2 week and was a standard business reply with no explanationI then emailed back as I was not happy with the reply and again asked for an explanation. The second reply took 17 days and still they had no explanation as to why the seats were changed as it was not their policy to separate family’s. I will never again travel on Monarch with children as I don't consider them a responsible airline.
RouteLBA to PMI
Date FlownAugust 2016

"policy for delayed baggage totally inadequate"

Manchester to Lisbon. Delayed baggage for two days. Paid for suitcase to be put in the hold and it was not sent until 2 days later. Monarch's policy for delayed and lost baggage is totally inadequate. They will not even refund the cost for placing the baggage in the hold.
RouteMAN to LIS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"would like to thank all the crew"

We flew with Monarch Airlines for our holiday from Gatwick to Tenerife South, and on our return journey I was taken ill. The cabin crew were very good they came to help me straight away and called for any passenger that was a doctor to please come forward. My body was shaking and this frightened my grandchildren, so another crew member took them to the back of the plane so they could not see me. When we landed everybody was held back from getting off so a paramedic could come and see me. Whilst the paramedic was seeing to me, the Captain came back to see that I was ok. I would like to thank all the crew for how they handled the situation.
RouteLGW to TFS