Top 100 Airports

Monarch Airlines

"policy for delayed baggage totally inadequate"

Manchester to Lisbon. Delayed baggage for two days. Paid for suitcase to be put in the hold and it was not sent until 2 days later. Monarch's policy for delayed and lost baggage is totally inadequate. They will not even refund the cost for placing the baggage in the hold.
RouteMAN to LIS
Date FlownJuly 2016

"would like to thank all the crew"

We flew with Monarch Airlines for our holiday from Gatwick to Tenerife South, and on our return journey I was taken ill. The cabin crew were very good they came to help me straight away and called for any passenger that was a doctor to please come forward. My body was shaking and this frightened my grandchildren, so another crew member took them to the back of the plane so they could not see me. When we landed everybody was held back from getting off so a paramedic could come and see me. Whilst the paramedic was seeing to me, the Captain came back to see that I was ok. I would like to thank all the crew for how they handled the situation.
RouteLGW to TFS
Date FlownMay 2016

"charge for a service then fail to deliver"

I paid for priority check in and priority boarding for me and my partner on our outbound flight from Birmingham on 26th June and our inbound flight on 3rd July. At Birmingham we ended up going through the normal check in as the priority check in was busier and in Palma the priority check in lane was full of normal check in passengers and if my partner hadn't complained to the check in staff we would have had to line up with those that hadn't paid. Even then we had to wait behind a large family that had commenced check in although they hadn't paid for priority. At boarding the staff member just allowed anyone through onto the plane even though he had used his tannoy to state that priority boarding passengers would be loaded first. Monarch offer and charge for a service then fail to deliver. It is one big scam.
RoutePMI to BHX

"crew first class"

Travelled today on a short flight into Gatwick form Verona. Crew first class, courteous and offered good inflight service. For a so called low cost carrier Monarch reigns supreme in all aspects of customer care. It is a pity they do not operate on some longer flights. Keep up the good work.
RouteVRN to LGW
Date FlownJuly 2016

"pleasant experience and would use again"

Verified Review | Preveza to Gatwick with Monarch. Boarded on time, staff in Preveza extremely helpful and pleasant. Seats towards front of cabin have greater leg room and were comfortable, aircraft clean. Staff a little distant, though polite and professional. Drinks and snacks offered for purchase, usual good selection from low cost airlines. All round a pleasant experience and would not hesitate to use again.
RoutePVK to LGW
Date FlownJune 2016

"serious lack of customer service"

Verified Review | Flight ZB 3593, 20th June had been delayed arriving in Naples due to baggage conveyer / manning problems, arrived in Luton from Naples to find that the stairs were not available to unload the passengers? After 20 minutes managed to disembark to then find that the passport control was in a total mess/mayhem, the system to separate non e-passport holders and e-passport holders was a joke. We then found that the electronic system was only correctly operating 60% of the time, the staff were clearly blaming the passengers and were displaying a clear nonchalant attitude (the e-system in Naples worked perfectly). We then proceeded to get our cases and realised that there was no sign of our cases, in fact a previous flight from Malaga had yet to be completed after the passengers waiting for 90 minutes, following passengers twittering with Monarch there was a random comment over the tannoy saying that the delay was due to an operational issue? We then realised that a flight that arrived after our flight from Baku had been unloaded and their cases were coming off our conveyer belt, these as you can imagine were the F1 teams such as Williams Racing, our bags appeared after a total wait of over 1 hour 20 minutes. In summary do not use Monarch as they are unable to manage their airport service providers, they are now a poor easyJet/Ryanair airline, also avoid using Luton airport as this poorly managed and has a serious lack of customer service, the staff show a low morale and are unable to react to situations that require their attention.
RouteNAP to LTN
Date FlownJune 2016

"wouldn't wish to fly them again"

4:00 am at London Gatwick South isn't my preferred time for checking-in to a scheduled flight to Dalaman. Sadly, a later flight with BA had been cancelled because of insufficient demand, so Monarch Airlines it had to be. In fact, check-in and security was quick and painless, and even the No. 1 lounge was just about okay. The onboard experience was average to irritating, because of a crying child a few rows behind, the borderline moronic people behind us getting fueled up with champagne and beer at a ridiculous time of the day, and Monarch's insistence on trying to persuade passengers to their rubbishy snacks and limited hot food options. Still, the plane landed more-or-less on time and our luggage eventually turned up on the carousel. Flying with Monarch wasn't as dispiriting as say Ryanair, but we certainly wouldn't wish to fly with them again.
RouteLGW to DLM

"awkward and unfriendly"

Very awkward and unfriendly check-in staff at Gatwick for flight to London Gatwick. I had no large bag to check in, only one piece of cabin baggage which they weighed and then rudely told me it was overweight which was strange because it hadn't been considered 'overweight' on the previous flight with Monarch from Tenerife. Meanwhile they were happily checking in people who had several pieces of hand baggage, well over the allowance, people who were obese and weighed at least 3 times my slender 9 stone.
RouteLGW to TFS
Date FlownNovember 2015

"a very relaxed experience"

Verified Review | My wife and I flew with Monarch Airlines from Gatwick to Las Palmas. Due to being a wheelchair user I managed to book extra legroom seats. The whole process from check in to leaving the aircraft went smoothly. What I really liked was that the staff listened to what I needed and went with it. The cabin crew were absolutely fantastic and could not have been more helpful. Everything was done with kindness and a genuine smile. I have taken many flights to various destinations around the world using different airlines and this team were amongst the very best. The seats were not too bad for width and legroom considering I am 6'3" tall and over 280kg. I used my own wheelchair gel cushion and back support so this may have made a positive difference. The aircraft was half empty so we ended up having a seat between us for our bits and bobs. It made for a very relaxed experience. We left on time and arrived ahead of schedule. I cannot say enough positive words about this flight and the cabin crew.
RouteLGW to LPA
Date FlownMay 2016

"flights have been excellent"

Manchester to Preveza. I have flown with Monarch twice recently and both flights have been excellent. We chose seats with extra legroom in row 10 where there are just 2 seats together rather than 3 so ideal for a couple traveling together. It was worth the 15GBP each way for the seats. Both flights on time even arriving early and the first plane had been refurbished with really comfy modern seats. Great staff on board and on the ground, Monarch seem to be that bit better than other budget airlines and more professional.
RouteMAN to PVK