Meridiana

Review by (United States) 6th July 2015

Not happy with return flight. I bought tickets 6 months ago, family of four traveling together and reserved row 17 with seats together. They shoved us all almost completely in the back of the plane and split us up including my children. We tried to ask the flight attendants for some help but there was none. We just had to figure it out on our own. Was able to get my kids together at least because they had split up another 2 people and by just swapping seats in the same row it put family members together. You are at their will and the couldn't care less. As far as the mechanics of their jobs everyone performed as expected and there were no problems. I realize the seat assignments are not their responsibility but it might have been nice to have a little assistance and understanding.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteNaples to New York

Review by (United States) 4th May 2015

Flt 3933 April 22 2015 JFK-PMO. Flt 3932 April 30 2015 PMO-JFK. From the staff at the check-in counter at JFK to the flight crew on the aircraft I have never had a more wonderful experience! Everyone had a smile of greeting and friendly "welcome aboard". The stewardesses on the JFK-Palermo portion were terrific. While in Italy I fractured my ankle and had to fly home with a cast and crutches. I was met curbside at Palermo airport by an assistant with a wheelchair who accompanied me onto the aircraft. The stewards took over from there and saw to my every comfort even to guiding me to the lavatory! They even changed my seat to allow me to elevate my injured leg. I would highly recommend.

Review by (Italy) 27th April 2015

FCO-OLB-FCO. Meridiana uses the MD80 on this route I think it's a wonderful machine very silent on the front but quite noisy on the back. Cabin crew professional and polite always smiling except one on the return flight that seemed bored and completely uninterested. On the first leg we left FCO on time and we arrived 30 minutes early! the return was on time also. Very satisfied I hope I'll fly them again.

Review by (United States) 31st October 2014

We flew from JFK to Napoli and we had an excellent flight. The flights were on time and the staff was very nice. The flight attendants were some of the nicest that we have ever had. We will definitely fly with them again next summer!

Review by (Poland) 1st October 2014

I took the flight MXP-MRU last month and I found it comfortable value-for-money and competitive versus other Italian carriers when it comes to the service and comfort on board. Quite comfortable seats very attentive staff and delicious meals together with a competitive price was a nice surprise. There is no inflight entertainment but in business they hand out iPads which somehow makes up for it.

Review by (Italy) 28th September 2014

I flew from Olbia to Paris CDG. Overall positive feedback service on board was good and flight attendants proved to be really helpful. Only negative part is arriving at CDG terminal 3 a very poor infrastructure.

Review by (United Kingdom) 17th September 2014

Awful airline! I flew to Olbia on the 30th of August 2014 and returned 6th September. On the way out after booking we got informed our flight had changed from 16.00h to 08.00h giving us almost one whole day less on holiday. When leaving London Gatwick we arrived at the airport 2hours prior to out given departure time 18.50h to find the flight was not at 20.40h (approx). This change meant that we arrived to Olbia at 00.30 where our car rental desk was closed our apartment did not answer calls and all surrounding hotels cost at least 150 euro! Not to add customer service on our ancient plane was terrible luckily this had improved on out return. Our first night of holiday was a disaster thanks to this airline and then in addition with was cut from 7 to 6 days.

Review by (Italy) 6th September 2014

I flew more than a few times from Cagliari-Linate and Alghero-Linate. Planes used were mostly old McDonnell- Douglas MD-80 although the company has recently renewed seats and overall furniture flying on these planes still has an 80's flavor. On MD-80 seats are ok but a very tall person could feel somewhat unease. There is not a lot of space for the hand-luggage on the over-head lockers. Meridiana also own much newer and more comfortable Airbus A320 but they are less numerous than MD-80s. On the numerous flight I took I don't remember major delays. Staff was always nice. Snacks and Drinks service could be improved. Overall I will for sure fly again with Meridiana but for flights from Sardinia to the Peninsula I will always prefer Alitalia.

Review by (Italy) 28th August 2014

LIN-OLB on Aug 11th back on Aug 23rd. First time flying with them a kind of throw back to the 80's flight experience. They had a sort of monopoly for flights to Sardinia Island before EasyJet came in as a new player still very strong on this route. Onward leg on time but terrible seat pitch on the MD82: the flight is short about 1hr otherwise it would have been painful. The dedicated counter for baggage drop off was left unattended so only one queue in Linate: check-in procedures looked slower than I am used to with other airlines but luckily there were not so many people waiting for being registered. Return leg delayed 15 minutes again an old MD82 with slightly better leg room. Staff were polite nothing more. Drinks were served quickly after take off. Ticket was expensive (300EUR) because of the peak of the holidays season: Easyjet was offering more or less the same rate but with lower baggage allowance and departing from MXP which is far away from my hometown. Not my favorite airline for sure but I will probably give them a second chance. Olbia Costa Smeralda airport is a brand new shiny and pleasant place: this was the best part of my trip actually.

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th August 2014

Flight from London Gatwick to Olbia and back. Plane delayed about 45 mins going out. No explanation. Poorest leg room of any airline I've travelled with. No inflight information. Otherwise ok. On the way back. Well I'm typing this in the check-in queue. I've been queuing for 90 minutes so far. No explanations offered. They seem to be taking about 15 mins to check in each passenger. Original flight time shown as delayed by 30 mins. They will need more than that at this rate of check in. If there is a problem surely someone has the customer service initiative to tell us.