Meridiana

Seat Comfort N/A
Staff Service N/A
Value for Money N/A

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Verified Review | Naples to New York JFK. I flew this airline with caution after the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. One way with Meridiana for $340 was the cheapest flight offered by any airline. We got a free checked bag which was nice especially after my experiences with other cheap airlines. The flight itself was also nice. We flew economy and I felt like I had sufficient room and comfortable seats that retracted. It was a ten hour flight and they fed us twice, both appetizing meals. I would definitely recommend this flight especially for the price.
RouteNaples to New York JFK
Date FlownJune 2017

"staff were pleasant and efficient"

(Italy)

Verified Review | Roma to Olbia. I hesitated about flying to Olbia, the ferry being another option, given the poor reviews for Meridiana (the only company that operates a direct flight from Rome to Olbia). In the end I decided to take the plunge on the basis that perhaps people with good experiences rarely bother to give feedback. And I am glad I did. The on-line booking was straightforward, as was the web-checkin, bag-drop etc. Ground staff and cabin staff were pleasant and efficient, the plane boarded and left on time and we arrived on-time, maybe even a few minutes earlier.
AircraftMD80
RouteRoma to Olbia
Date FlownJune 2017

"not an airline I can recommend"

(Czech Republic)

Verified Review | I have flown with Meridiana (operated by Air Italy) from Milan to Mauritius and back. Before the flight I tried several times to contact their Call Center to make a seat reservation - their own Call Center told me several times that the flight is made by Air Italy and that they cannot reserve a seat in such case - this is a lie! They are the same company (Air Italy is a subsidiary of Meridiana) and after several months of calling there I was able to make a seat reservation. Second impression I had was at my seat in the plane. I couldnt believe that the right armrest of the seat is broken and taped up. Service during the flight was : at beginning and before landing 0,15 dcl of water (juice etc) - for a 11 hours flight a great deal! They served also something what they call dinner. I tried it, taste was terrible. Service has been all the time very reserved without a indication of a smile or interest of passenger. Other thing is how they are dealing with the seat reservations shortly before the flight and onboard. They have tried to change my paid seat to another (but they didnt have any aisle seat available so I disagreed). Later on board I could see a big chaos because more than 20 people have had the same seats assigned - this was probably caused by the fact that 80% have got the seat on Madagaskar and the rest on Mauritius (plane was going through Madagaskar to Mauritius and in 2 hours back). Also thanks to this chaos we arrived back in Milan with more than 1 hour delay. Overall not an airline I can recommend.
RouteMXP to MRU
Date FlownOctober 2016

"service onboard was good"

Verified Review | New York JFK to Naples with Meridiana. I was very apprehensive about flying Meridiana after reading some reviews, but I'm glad to say everything from the use of the Air France lounge at JFK to the courtesy and service onboard was as good as any airline I have ever flown. And it was equally true on our return flight from Naples to JFK. The only area that found on my 2 flights that need help is in the condition of the cabin and seats. The business class seats are well worn and ready for replacement as well as the carpets etc. Our flights were generally on time and the ground people were organized and efficient. The gods of aviation smiled on us.
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"do not book with Meridiana"

New York to Palermo, Italy. From the moment we confirmed this flight by paying last April, had the sinking feeling it was a mistake. It is almost impossible to reach airline representatives by phone and if you do it may be returned voice mail 24 hours after you call. Seat assignment process was difficult and reviews of performance not good. Yesterday the hammer dropped. Interminable wait to board our flight in New York JFK, then an announcement it had been cancelled. A sort of Keystone Cop melee to get passengers into nearby hotel. Must say this place is good. We are waiting this next morning to see if they fly us out today. Meanwhile we missed a prearranged day tour of Palermo scheduled for tomorrow AM. So, unless you really have to save money and don't mind uncertainty and a sort of 'make it up as we go' philosophy and a tiny airline that has no planes on back up, fly Meridiana. Otherwise, do not book with Meridiana!
RouteJFK to PMO
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"Meridiana does not care"

Verified Review | We flew with Meridiana from Gatwick to Olbia, both our checked luggages have got lost. Its more than 48 hours and we still have not got any update despite calling all possible numbers from Olbia airport to Meridiana Customer Care to Gatwick airport. In fact nobody is looking for our luggage. Meridiana told us it is responsibility of the airport in Olbia for the first 5 days. But the airport is just passively waiting if someone sends it to Olbia - nothing else. Meridiana does not care. Our vacation ends in 4 day. We are left hopeless, Meridiana customer service is very bad. They are just pushing responsibilty on others and not doing anything, not even calling Gatwick to ask them about our luggages. It seems the bar code on the luggages is useless since it it not in any sytem visible so that they cannot track the luggage. We were not the only people with the lost luggage on the flight.
RouteLGW to OLB
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"you get what you pay for"

Naples to New York with Meridiana. Worst airline I have ever flown with. There is a saying "you get what you pay for". The reviews were horrendous before I booked it but they were significantly cheaper - so we booked it anyway. Our flight out from JFK was 5 hrs late which meant we spent 9 hours sitting around at airport. Lost a whole day in Naples. Again on way back to NY they were late running over an hour delay with buses to take you 20 feet and waiting in the pouring rain to drop hundreds of passengers off. They boarded pasengers from both ends without screening seats so on board people were trapped staring at each other and couldnt pass. I'm sorry but the level of incompetence at simple boarding procedures ensures that I will never fly again with this airline. There is a difference between economy and incompetence.
RouteNAP to JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"no idea what was going on"

Verified Review | Our flight from New York JFK to Naples was delayed a total of 7 hours for no reason. Flight status was not available on Google and other tracking sites. Luckily my boyfriend called Meridiana before we left for the airport, so we knew we would be delayed, but we did not feel confident in the new times. The flight kept getting pushed back by an hour or so. In a series of calls on our way to the airport, we were informed the flight was delayed until 7:30pm, then 8pm, then finally 7pm - 4 hours after our original departure time. No severe weather, no technical issues, no explanation. When we arrived at our assigned gate, no Meridiana representative was available to answer any questions, and the gate did not display the correct flight information. The crowd grew more and more frustrated as we were delayed another hour and a half at the gate. Airline employees had no idea what was going on. One helpfully said, "All I know is that there's a plane leaving tonight." The nightmare didn't end once we boarded. The seats were impossibly narrow and lacked individual TV screens. One of the seats in our row was duct taped together. We were delayed on the Tarmac for another hour and a half in a cramped, poorly ventilated plane from 1986 because of traffic. The food was the least of our problems. We dreaded our flight back at the end of our vacation. We only departed from Naples 30 minutes late, but halfway through the flight, the seat in front of my boyfriend's broke - reclined all the way back at a bizarre angle. The seat aisle-side arm was also off - a crew member popped it back into place, apologized and and informed us that they were waiting for new seats because the old ones break often. They operate this flight to get people looking to fly directly to Naples on a low budget. Pay the extra $ for a flight where you receive clear communication from the airline and the plane isn't falling apart. The money (and time, if it requires a stopover) will be worth the peace of mind.
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"flight attendant service good"

Verified Review | Only non-stop to Naples from United States. Great price. Got boarding ticket and seat assignment online a few days before the flight. Check in service fast and uneventful. Gate easy to find. Boarded on time and departed 15 minutes after scheduled departure time. Flight was fine. Food okay for airline. Flight attendant service good. I don't need much attention. Arrived in Naples 1 hour early. Would fly Meridiana again.
Date FlownSeptember 2016

"recommend using this airline"

This is a basic, no frills airline. We flew from Naples to NYC, in early Sept. 2016, economy. The flight was delayed by about 2 hours, partly due to weather the previous day and partly due to a very poor boarding procedure at the Naples airport (likely not Meridiana's fault). The plane was pretty old, with no charging stations or any entertainment system. The service was very good, the staff spoke English and were professional and mostly nice. The food was average. The seats were of average comfort, legroom and cleanliness. Blankets and pillows were provided free of charge. The flight was uneventful. It cost around $300 one way and I think that's a very good bang for the buck. If you don't care about bells and whistles, like entertainment system, I'd recommend using this airline to fly into and/or out of Italy.
RouteNAP to JFK