Top 100 Airlines

Meridiana

"every second is horrible"

New York to Naples with Meridiana. Every second of the process, from booking the ticket online until the plane lands was horrible. Bad customer service, old planes and zero organization. If it weren't for their direct flight from NY to Naples, I would not use this airline. In the future, I will be glady connecting through anywhere instead of flying direct with Meridiana.
RouteJFK to NAP
Date FlownMay 2016

"my emails were returned!"

Verified Review | Prior to the booking I called to Meridiana 2 times to confirm that my flight from Milan to Sharm el Sheik return in April 2016 will not be cancelled. So I booked and in addition I booked 2 connection flights from the UK and the hotel in Italy for my family of 4. Three weeks before flight my flight to Egypt was cancelled so we lost around 200GBP in booked flights plus the alternative route was 200GBP more! I contacted Meridiana many times by emails and calls requesting to get a compensation, but my emails were returned! Very disappointed!
RouteMXP to SSH
Date FlownMarch 2016

"won't be troubling with my custom "

My first experience of Meridiana was to book a flight from London to Naples well in advance. 5 months later I got an email saying my flight had been cancelled. I had to call their call centre in Italy where it took the operator ten minutes to find my booking - all racking up call charges. The only alternative they could offer was on another day, so I requested a refund and rebooked with BA. That cost me an extra 70 GBP and I'm not looking forward to the phone bill. I won't be troubling Meridiana with my custom again.
RouteLGW to NAP
Date FlownMarch 2016

"would fly Meridiana again"

Although Meridiana is very basic, we had great experiences flying New York JFK to Naples and back a few weeks ago. Check in was quick and efficient at both airports, and they let me check my somewhat large (although within allowance) carry-on free of charge both ways. The seats though are tiny. I'm 5'10, and my boyfriend is 6'1", and if we had known we would have paid extra for the "comfort" seats with extra legroom. For a long flight to Italy, this was not ideal. But I should have done my homework so I can't blame the airline. The plane was a Boeing 767 both ways, and was old and sort of dirty, but quiet and it was a smooth flight both ways. The food was fine on the way into Naples, but on the way home it was atrocious. The flight crew is totally uninvolved and stays at the back of the plane for the duration of the flight, but when they did come around for meals and beverages, they were pleasant enough. The movies were corny romantic comedies, but deal-able. All in all, I got what I paid for - a $600 round trip ticket to Italy is not something I'm going to complain about. The trip there was better than the trip home, but I would fly Meridiana again in the future for the value alone.
RouteJFK to Naples
Date FlownSeptember 2015

Meridiana customer review

Uncomfortable seats, poor drink selection. I asked for a scotch and I was told they do not serve super alcohol. If you are operating business class service you should stock your inflight bar with booze. I know many customers do not like to drink but if you provide service from New York you should cater to your clientele! They don't provide any snacks in business class - not acceptable.
RouteJFK to PMO

(Italy)

Flew to Sardinia island and back with my girlfriend for my summer holidays. One hour delay on the outbound flight and confused boarding (we had to stand in the finger for 15 minutes as they started to board but plane was not ready yet), flight operated by old MD-80, I guess one of the last flying in the European skies nowadays but well maintained and with comfortable seats. Return flight was better with newer Boeing 737 and arrival ahead of schedule. Check-in was a breeze both in Bergamo and Olbia. Service onboard is extremely basic but cannot complain about the crew members who were polite and professional. Pilots were not very talkative though. Would consider to fly them only for short domestic flights as they have a good network in Italy.
AircraftMD80 / Boeing 737-700
RouteBGY to OLB

Meridiana customer review

I've flown Meridiana a few times now, and have always had a great experience. They're certainly no-frills, but for almost what it costs to fly from New York to LA, I can fly to Naples non-stop and have a free checked bag. Food is good, and airport/in-flight staff are always pleasant. Any kind of online or phone customer service is basically nonexistent, so I only book if I'm sure of where I want to go and am ready to eat the cost if something goes wrong, but with prices this low I won't complain.
RouteJFK to NAP
Date FlownJune 2015

Meridiana customer review

We booked our flight in January. When we called, we requested and purchased an infant bassinet. When we arrived at the airport, we confirmed our bassinet. When we got on the plane, we were not in a bassinet seat. They gave us the option of having our infant sit in front of other people but would not ask the people to switch seats with us. We were then told that the seats that are in front of the bassinets are extra leg room and we need to purchase them in advance. We would have, if we had been told. Instead, I was stuck holding my son for 9 hours. While we were in Italy, we continuously called the airline to confirm our seats for the return flight. We were shuffled around by customer service, left on hold, then hung up on. Because we couldn't speak to anyone to have it taken care of, we went to the airport early to make sure we did not run into any problems again. We booked our bassinet and the extra leg room seats. Row 35. We get on the plane, and again, they messed up. The bassinet was in front of seats a and b and h and I. They gave us seats d and e. Luckily, the people who were in the bassinet seats were nice and switched with us. There was a man with an infant on the plane who ran into the same problem we did on our way out. There was one working bathroom on the whole plane, it was not cleaned at all in the 10 hours we were on board. The crew was notified by many passengers but they did not clean it. They went in to change toilet paper rolls and tissues, so they saw how disgusting it was. If you wanted a drink, you had to go to the back of the plane and and get it from the cart, while the flight attendants ignored you. I thought it would be better to fly direct to Sicily and this airline was the only option. In the future, I would rather have a layover than deal with this terrible airline.
RouteJFK to Palermo

Meridiana customer review

Travelling on my own with my 2.5 year old who was sitting on own paid seat which the flight attendant tried to accuse us of taking up the space. All other airlines including budget airlines like Easyjet and Ryan Air allow you to bring a stroller and check in a car seat. If flying with Meridiana - you have to either use your luggage allowance or pay for it. So not family friend for those with small children. Planes are not well-maintained. They are aging and grubby. Mixed interaction with staff, half of which were not happy to be on a full flight filled with a lot of kids. I will not be flying this airline again.
RouteLGW to Olbia
Date FlownJuly 2015

Meridiana customer review

Not happy with return flight. I bought tickets 6 months ago, family of four traveling together and reserved row 17 with seats together. They shoved us all almost completely in the back of the plane and split us up including my children. We tried to ask the flight attendants for some help but there was none. We just had to figure it out on our own. Was able to get my kids together at least because they had split up another 2 people and by just swapping seats in the same row it put family members together. You are at their will and the couldn't care less. As far as the mechanics of their jobs everyone performed as expected and there were no problems. I realize the seat assignments are not their responsibility but it might have been nice to have a little assistance and understanding.
RouteNaples to New York