Middle East Airlines

"worst experience ever"

Verified Review | Dubai to Beirut. My worst experience ever! We came early got our boarding passes 80 min prior sceduled flight take off. When we got to the gate we were informed that the flight got delayed by one hour, same was mentioned on the message board. We went to have some food and were all the time looking at the board or waiting a vocal announcement as usual. The board was still showing flight delayed then we saw final call we ran to the gate (5min far from restaurant) and we were told by Station manager that flight already left 5 min back and we were reported as no show! Interesting. They did not bother to run a vocal announcement about gate is to be closed like any other announcement we were hearing. No one even bothered to explain our rights for what i call here involuntarly Denied Boarding! The guys at counter asked to rebook again our return flight at spot rate (which is 50% higher than what you see on their website) and they need more money to remove the lock of no show so in total we will end up paying double. They even mentioned that we bought it on promo! We ended up spending 7 hrs at airport to arrange exit from customs and collecting our luggage back! It is my first and last time.
RouteDubai to Beirut
Date FlownSeptember 2017

"overall a good experience"

Verified Review | Beirut to London. A fairly decent flight. The in flight entertainment on the way back was extremely limited, and it was a smaller plane too. The meal was very standard - I had the chicken, and it was dry and not very flavoursome. The cabin crew were quite good. The seats aren't great, and they don't actually recline, instead, the seat itself can adjust and move forward which was annoying. Considering I slept for some of the time, and it was a relatively short flight, it was overall a good experience.
RouteBeirut to London

"No priority boarding"

Verified Review | Beirut to Paris. No priority boarding for families with infants. We weren't allowed to take our stroller in Paris Airport, despite a layover of 4 hours before our United Airlines flight it had to go direct to Newark. Luckily we had the baby carrier. One of the crew members gave us the wrong infant seat belt. Few are experienced with hooking up the baby bassinet!
RouteBeirut to Paris
Date FlownJune 2017

"service onboard is not good"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Beirut to Jeddah. The service onboard is not good at all, if you need water it takes the hostess one hour to get you, or to answer your inquiry (literally one hour). I've requested coffee around half an hour after departure and received it 10 minutes before landing and without sugar and milk to add. Another passenger next to my seat requested water and the plane landed without receiving the water. I also requested an item from the Duty Free and the hostess was not sure whether they have the item requested so she had to check with her colleagues. The plane landed and the hostess did not come back to me. The ticket is so expensive compared to the services provided, no access to the lounge for Silver loyalty program card holders. You can travel 29 flights in a calendar year and end up not having any privilges or benefits from their loyalty program. No wifi on board and so much more.
RouteBeirut to Jeddah

"service is really bad"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | The service on Middle East Airlines is really bad and the crew's attitude is poor. I'm a frequent traveler and it's not the first time I see such behavior. They're frowning all the time and are rude when talking to you. On my flight from Beirut to Jeddah, I pushed the flight attendance call button and 5 minutes later it was off without nobody showing. I clicked again and looked to the back and saw the staff turning it off without even bothering to show up. I did it for the 3rd time and the same thing happened. So I went to the back and saw the 3 crew members having a meal and heard them laughing. They should really work on their service and honestly, if it wasn't my company's choice to book me flights, I'd never travel with them.
RouteBeirut to Jeddah
Date FlownJuly 2017

"we had 3 hours of delay"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | I had a flight from Beirut to Istanbul on June 9th with Middle East Airlines. 20 minutes after departure the captain told us that he needed to return for an AC problem. Back to Beirut airport where we stayed for 2 hours waiting for a second plane to be ready, thus, we had 3 hours of delay. My stay in Istanbul was only for two days, so a 3 hour delay had an impact.
RouteBeirut to Istanbul
Date FlownJune 2017

"no priority whatsoever"

(Jordan)

Verified Review | Larnaca to Beirut in Business class. Check-in was a breeze, but I was very disappointed to discover that Middle East Airlines does not have a contract with any business lounge in Larnaca airport, and I was not even offered a coupon or anything to use. Upon boarding, no priority whatsoever was given to business class passengers or SkyTeam status holders, and we had to stand for too long given that the aircraft used was the large A330. The flight was 30 minutes long, and I was again, disappointed that no meal or refreshments were offered at all! I am sure it's not the short flight, as the crew managed to offer passengers buy on board duty free. I was not offered a landing card before landing as well. To wrap up, I would never pay business class prices for economy class service.
RouteLarnaca to Beirut
Date FlownApril 2017

"very sweet staff"

Beirut to London with Middle East Airlines. Nice steady flight. The food was amazing and very sweet staff. It was a comfortable ride. I was so tired before the flight hoping it would be calm and relaxing and it was just what I was hoping for. Reached my destination relaxed.
RouteBEY to LHR
Date FlownMarch 2016

"staff were very pleasant"

(Greece)

Verified Review | Athens to Beirut with Middle East Airlines. Excellent service, blankets and pillow at all seats. Aircraft was clean and the seat very comfortable. There was IFE even for a 2 hour flight (18 movies / 2 kids movies, TV programs, documentaries). They offered a newspaper when I asked. Food was nice and the staff were very pleasant. Only disappointment, announcements were only in Arabic and English. No announcements in the language of destination.
RouteATH to BEY
Date FlownOctober 2016

"cabin crew was friendly"

(Lebanon)

Verified Review | Beirut to Najaf. Flight was direct, it took around 1h 45 min. I had the option to make seat reservation and I reserved a seat for me and my mother, but found two people sitting on our seats once we boarded. One of the cabin crew asked us to take another and that was very annoying. The meal was good, cabin crew was friendly, ticket was the most expensive compared to the other airlines but I guess it was the best option.
RouteBEY to NJF