Mango Airlines

Review by (Thailand) 8th July 2015

I was very impressed with my recent experience on Mango Airlines. While it was nothing out of the ordinary, the ordinary was done very well. Having traveled for 24 hours in the days preceding this flight I was not looking forward to it. Boarding and departure was on time. In fact, boarding was done from two entrances, so very efficient. We landed 5 minutes ahead of schedule in very difficult landing conditions. A very good landing under the circumstances. Pilots were very communicative and jovial. Nice seat pitch gave me some extra leg room (I am 6'4'') from what I am used to, service was fine. I was very impressed with the safety briefing we got (we have an infant). I actually learned something about the brace position while carrying an infant. Not mentioned by any of the airlines I have traveled with previously. Cabin pressure and cleanliness was excellent. The flight seemed to be over in no time, I got off the plane in a good mood. All in all a pleasant experience.
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteJohannesburg to Port Elizabeth

Review by (South Africa) 12th February 2015

I travelled from Johannesburg to Cape Town last year on Kulula.com and could not believe how uncomfortable their seats were and the lack of legroom was terrible. I decided to try Mango to Cape Town on the 1st February and was amazed at the legroom! Fantastic and they will certainly get my business from now!

Review by (South Africa) 17th September 2014

Flight JE271 from Johannesburg to Durban on 12 September 2014 scheduled to depart at 19.40 was delayed to 21.20 without any notification even though Mango staff claim to have notified passengers of the delay. My return trip from Durban to Johannesburg will be my last Mango flight. To think that I went to the airport rushing so that I get there on time and only to find out at 18.35 that I am going to be stuck at the airport for close to 2 hours was not an exciting feeling.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Review by (South Africa) 25th June 2014

JNB to CPT. Easy check in. Able to pre-seat online. Very comfortable seats on a new plane with good leg room. Seats do not recline but the extra space makes up for that especially on a short 2hr flight. Staff helpful and variety of snacks to purchase. Arrived 15 mins early.

Review by (South Africa) 8th June 2014

Just flew from Cape Town to Lanseria - a very enjoyable experience. The Captain kept us updated about the towns and geographical landmarks we were crossing and he gave the impression that he was happy to be flying us to our destination. 5 stars Mango!

Review by (Switzerland) 2nd June 2014

JE352 and JE359. Although this is a low-cost airline (you pay for everything) the seat pitch is the best I have experienced in coach class. By the way if you want to recline the lever is under the seat.

Review by (South Africa) 29th December 2013

Travelled from OR Tambo to Cape Town - on afternoon of 22 Dec. Very full flight. new plane comfortable seats with plenty of leg room. On time arrival. Bags arrived quickly. Good competent service - just what is needed from a budget airline.

Review by (South Africa) 26th June 2013

On this particular flight the 6.25pm flight from Lanseria to Cape Town on 22 June I observed the following: Along with 2 others I was sitting in row 16 ABC… right opposite the emergency safety doors. The cabin hostesses explained what should be done in case of emergency and then proceeded to say that no loose stuff was allowed on our laps or the floor. This is all good (no problem). When the drinks and eats came along the people sitting in 16 FED right opposite the other emergency safety doors started drinking each ordering 2 beers at a time. And then another 4 each. Cabin staff had no problem with each person consuming 6 beers yet made these people responsible for the safety doors in case of emergency! This makes no sense whatsoever. Suffice to say I won't be flying Mango anymore.

Review by (Australia) 4th October 2012

SA Mango airline has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced. The seats have no lumber support and are basically bolt upright. To make our flight even more uncomfortable we were in the emergency row seats which didn't recline. Mango doesn't supply small pillows that I could have used as lumber support. I ended up using my book to support my lower back. Mango took us safely to our destination but it was an uncomfortable 2 hour journey.

Review by (South Africa) 7th August 2012

CPT-DUR 31 JUL 12 05.55am departure. Mango LCC. Easy boarding Crew friendly seating a bit tight but had 2 seats. Coffee and slept for full 2 hrs. Easy and quick disembarking in DUR. Long walk to exit. DUR-CPT 31 JUL 12 19.30pm departure. Drop off and straight to the gate. Security X-ray staff friendly and efficient. Had a couple of wines at bar opposite Gate 10. Had seat 1C with 1B empty - lots of legroom. Flight however turbulent and Captain changed flight levels a few time to avoid bumping and kept us informed. Cabin Crew friendly but unprofessional. Being right at the FWD galley I heard all the crews life-stories they were chatting so loud and slouching on the jumpseat. Drop down TV's kept me entertained. Crew kept on pressing wrong pre-recorded announcements. Would fly them again as fare reasonable at US$215.00 for 4hrs flying.