Malindo Air

Malindo Air customer review

Took Malindo from SIN to KTM via KUL. Flight from Singapore was delayed for 1hr 45mins. I had only a 1hr transit time in KUL. I informed the ground staff. When I arrived in KUL ground staff were waiting for me and brought me to the gate quickly. Baggage also arrived promptly. Return flight departed KTM early arrived in KUL 45mins ahead of schedule. Flight to Singapore was short and simple. Food not too bad. Entertainment good. Excellent legroom. Overall comfortable.

Malindo Air customer review

OD305/231 12 Jan. We flew Bali-KK-Codine. Check-in was quick and easy bags checked through. Boarding was organised once onboard modern light aircraft crew were ok not over friendly. Legroom was great I'm 191cm tall - was fine great entertainment. Meal service didn't get to us on first flight due to turbulence second flight was all edible. Bars arrived on time no complaints.

Malindo Air customer review

I travelled by Malindo on the TRZ-KUL-TRZ route and it was a very pleasant flight (as far as the airline is concerned). The seats are very spacious the legroom is very good and overall very comfortable (I am extra extra heavy and I felt extremely comfortable in it). The food was a surprise and good too (on the KUL-TRZ line). The cabin crew could definitely do a bit of more friendliness but then I can't blame them considering the passengers they were serving weren't exactly at their best behavior. The in-flight entertainment system was also a surprise and of good quality. The let down was the fact that the cost for the headsets is not explicitly informed. The TRZ- KUL flight was exactly on time and check-in was quite a breeze at the TRZ airport. The return flight was delayed by a couple of hours and proper announcements were not made but for the information on the display board. But one can live with it. The in-flight announcements were in an English I could not quite understand (I do not know why all airline English announcements are this way) and in Malay and Indonesian I guess. I do not see the logic considering 90% of the passengers would not have understood any of the 3 languages the announcements were made in. Overall a very pleasant and comfortable journey. But then it was a very short one.

Malindo Air customer review

OD 1235 on 25 Dec. Short flight from Kota Bharu to Subang. Flight was on time despite bad weather conditions and flooding on the East Coast. The cabin crews were attentive. Good fare for ATR flight. Landed at Subang airport and it was convenient and near to KL Downtown.

(Malaysia)

I was on flight OD231/232 from COK-KUL-COK last week was pretty sceptical in the beginning due to many negative reviews I came across. Nevertheless I must say that the flight was very OK (in terms of value for money) staff were very friendly and approachable. Food was not bad either the delay was tolerable too no missing baggage etc.. Would fly with Malindo again.

(Malaysia)

We boarded Malindo Air for return trip Subang to Krabi. During the return there was a connecting flight in Penang. The check in staff at Krabi airport offered us direct luggage transfer service and assured us the luggage will be auto transfer to Subang. Counter staff in Krabi also asked us to verify / reconfirm in Penang airport with the counter staff. Upon arrival in Penang airport we immediately went to counter to verify but being told by counter staff "there is no such procedure" and asked us to retrieve our luggage at luggage collection point!! We were surprised and frustrated as Malindo staff in Krabi assured us it would be done. We could not find our luggage so we had to returned to Penang Malindo counter. Upon pressuring the staff and show them the boarding pass again only they were able to confirm that our luggage was indeed auto transfer. Overall we were very disappointed with the first reply by staff "there is no such procedure". This incident caused us panicked and created unnecessary worry. On top of that flight was cancelled from 18 Dec and rescheduled to 19 Dec without prior information. This trip was our first booking and yet we experienced 2 incidents already hence we are not sure if we would recommend Malindo Air to our friends/family.

Malindo Air customer review

JHB-PEN (via SZB). Booked my flight the night prior and it came to about 140 RM for a flight from JB to Penang. Two flights connecting at Subang. The flight attendants were lovely and professional and a snack (water and sweet biscuits) was a welcome addition (not to mention the included baggage). Opted to try Malindo over Air Asia on the last feature. Only problem was due to a slight delay on the JHB-SZB leg I had to rush through Subang airport. They didn't appear to have a transfer option and I was on a 50 min transfer window period. Running 20 minutes late. I had to get out past baggage collection and then back through security again. Luckily no problems. Same crew on the next flight so they get the same compliments as above! Plane appeared quite new although some of the seats recline of their own volition.

Malindo Air customer review

KL to DEL on 22nd Oct. There was a delay of 2 hours because of some unruly passengers. They were taken off the airplane. When it came to lunchtime the Vegetarian food finished however there were still about 15 passengers who wanted that meal. The chief air hostess explained we had 2 options - either take the chicken meal or purchase the noodles. There was only 1 toilet functioning on the flight.

(Malaysia)

KBR-SZB-KBR it was my first flight experience. The crew were friendly efficient and helpful. However there was no entertainment at all and the seat was not spacious.

Malindo Air customer review

I was supposed to travel with my family from Cochin to KUL on 13th Oct 2014 but I got a call from an airline rep on 12th Oct 8.30 pm saying that our flight has been cancelled due to "technical issues" and stated that I could either travel the next night from Cochin or the next morning from Trichy (which is 350 kms away). We had no choice but to choose the flight the next morning from Trichy since we did not want to waste an entire day of our short pre-booked vacation. We reached Trichy airport by 8 am (our flight time was 10.30 am) and that flight was delayed by 3 hours. Never had such a bad experience with any airline before. The plane however was new and had good seats and very good leg room. (Good for a low cost airline). I would have given a positive review if it hadn't been for the cancellation and delay.