Malindo Air

"very pleasantly surprised"

Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. I used Malindo Air as an emergency replacement for Jetstar (who elected to continually cancel the daily DPS-SIN route for at least 2 weeks straight this month whilst blaming the ash cloud). Very pleasantly surprised with Malindo Air - luggage included, IFE for short haul, friendly cabin staff and would use again
RouteDPS to KUL
Date FlownNovember 2015

"rethink their travels"

I booked to travel Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu with Malindo Air, good times and price, but 1 week before the flight they pushed back the time by 30hrs. When I rang to cancel and get a refund I was told a refund would take 90 working days. This is unacceptable and I would never fly Malindo Air again.
RouteKUL to KTM
Date FlownNovember 2015

"crew polite and cheerful"

Tiruchirappalli to Kuala Lumpur with Malindo Air. New aircraft with cool lighting options. The check in at Trichy was smooth and easy with their ground stafs. Cabin crew was polite and cheerful. The best part comes in disguise of their seat pitch and the IFE. Food was not that flavoured but certainly not bad. On time service and pretty quick check out at KLIA Terminal 2. Overall worth for wat I paid for.
RouteTRZ to KUL
Date FlownOctober 2015

"the crew try their best"

Malindo Air is the only budget airline to supply business class on the Singapore to Kuala Lumpur route. Even though it is a budget airline, in business class the crew still attempt to go the extra mile. Sadly, their options are limited, but the crew try their best. Business class cabin will be close to empty, but they use KLIA2 - the Kuala Lumpur terminal best avoided. Chaos, complimented by many budget air travelers. The typical old regional business class seats are not very clean. I dropped a pen between the seats and when running my fingers through it to find my pen, I had to fight through many layers of old peanuts, dust and other food leftovers. They do not have a lounge at KLIA2 (yet?). Weirdly enough though, when you call them, they will state they have. Only when asking where it is, they get confused as they find they can’t answer this question. After many questions their reply is changed to “will have”. Note I flew some time ago, so by now they may have. Sadly, if you want to check by calling them, you can’t trust their answer. Solely based on using KLIA2, I do not recommend this airline. I just don’t like that terminal. If using main terminal, I would have no issue recommending these flights.
RouteKUL to SIN

"won't get the refund"

In October 2015 I was about to have a flight from Bangkok to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur with Malindo Air. Three hours before the flight I was informed (at the airport) that my flight from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur was cancelled by Malindo Air due to operation issues. As a result, I had to take a later flight andd therefore would miss. The first reaction of the ground staff was that I had to buy a new ticket to Kathmandu! After half hour of arguing they decided that they can arrange a substitute flight from Kuala Lumpur on the next day. From the office of Malindo Air in Kuala Lumpur refused to provide or refund any accommodation for the night. It was even said to me by a Malindo Air employee that there are many places where people sleep in the airport and I should find one. On the next day, before the fight, they promised I'll get a refund for the cancelled first flight. After writing them an email regarding the refund, I got the response that I won't get the refund and they cited the airline policy regarding changed schedule which is absurd!
RouteBKK to KTM via KUL
Date FlownOctober 2015

"offer some great promo airfares"

Malindo Air offer some great promo airfares and we were lucky enough to get tickets from Subang to Penang return, cheaper than bus or train. And that included 15kg luggage. We were seated in row 18 on the return flight. That has plenty legroom. During the flight some biscuits and water are served. There's a magazine to read in tth seat pocket, so the time in the air passed quickly.You can buy a coffee. Flights were on time each way.
AircraftATR
RouteSubang to Penang
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"personal screen entertainment, but no headphones"

(Malaysia)

Firstly, the Malindo Air check-in counter was not indicated on the boards. I had to walk all over the terminal, and almost couldn't find it because the screens above were blank! Was told there something was broken but they could have easily written on a piece of paper and stuck it up! Fortunately, check-in was quick. Bought a meal on board. The first thing I find was a piece of omelette that was a step away from becoming leather, and the chicken was terrible. They have personal screens and entertainment, but no headphones. As good as not having any.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2015

"dissatisfied with hospitality"

(Malaysia)

I was travelling Malindo Air from Trivandrum to Kuala Lumpur on 31st August and was dissatisfied with hospitality of cabin staff. I have travelled many airlines, but this shouldn't mean that on a low fare airlins the passangers are ill treated. The crew members was not friendly, grumpy faces and irritable tone in speaking to the passangers.
RouteTrivandrum to KUL

Malindo Air customer review

My wife and I am, we are both frequent flyers with Malindo Air from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. Cabin Crews are very friendly.
AircraftBoeing 737- 900ER
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2015

Malindo Air customer review

(Malaysia)

We got the cheapest flight from Kl to Kuching. Flight took off on time and was almost full. Very comfortable seat and legroom compared to Air Asia. Some refreshments enough since we slept throughout the flight. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Extra 15kg free checked baggage is very helpful.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER