Maldivian

"Maldivian has a long way to go"

(Maldives)

Verified Review | Male to Kooddoo. I was travelling by Maldivian in 2 sectors on the same day. But the airline does not provide a fly-through service. The staff at check in counter was able to give the seat I requested for. The flight was delayed but there was no announcement or indication by airline on the delays. Three other Maldivian flights were also delayed that were scheduled to depart almost the same time as my flight. They made an announcement for 2 of the flights and gave an estimated departure time for the other. Ground staff are relatively inexperienced and naive with no sense of accountability in attending to customer. The aircraft was clean and well maintained but extremely hot. The cabin crew gave a wet tissue. Seats were very packed with limited leg space. There was no inflight entertainment or catering. The cabin crew announced the restriction of any electronics or mobile phones and clearly mentioned that "the mobile phones must be swtiched off through out the flight". There was an inflight journal which I have read in my previous flights. For more than 1 hour I just sat up and did nothing, just waited for the aircraft to land. Seats were fixed upright and cannotbe reclined. Cabin crew served packet juice and water. No food, light meals or snacks such as sandwich, peanuts available even for purchase in the flight. Overhead speaker was not clear at all and didn't understand most of the announcements. The flight was very noisy and they offered ear plugs. Maldivian has a long way to go in meeting it's customer needs. Lack of competition is the the upside and downfall of this airline.
AircraftDash 8-300
RouteMale to Kooddoo
Date FlownMay 2017

"flight attendants were helpful"

(Thailand)

Verified Review | Maldivian from Male to Kaadedhdhoo return. To reach my resort I needed to take domestic flight from main airport to local one. Before the flight I was escorted to the lounge to relax. The flight was delayed due to rain and traffic at airport. The domestic terminal was small and crowded. The aircraft parked at remote bay so we needed to walk for boarding. The aircraft was new and clean. The seat comfort was okay for small aircraft, I was put in the front row. The flight attendants were helpful. They served newspaper but only in Dhivehi. After take off, the flight attendants offered juices and water. The flight took 1 hour I really enjoyed the view of atoll through my window seat. The take off and landing were so smooth. The return flight was not much different, only huge delay.
AircraftDash-8 300