Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flight from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne 8/9/13. Plane a little dated but I can cope with this bad service however is a different story. Just after meals were served I got quite a bad blood nose after which I fainted. My traveling companion recognised the need for me to lay flat and recoup. He quickly took our untouched meals to the stone faced stewardess to enable me to lay flat and asked for assistance she showed no concern for me whatsoever. When asked for some extra tissues she threw a couple of handtowels my way. We complained to the head steward who apologised and offered us our meals back which we declined. Having flown over with British Airways who were professional on every level it was very clear to me that there was an enormous difference between these similarly fared airlines. I will never fly Malaysian Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

PER-KUL-BOM in Economy Class on September 13th. PER-KUL was on an A330-300 and KUL-BOM on the super congested 737-800. The only meal served on the PER-KUL leg was breakfast at 5am (choice of quiche with sausage or rice with shrimp sambal) since the flight had taken off at 1.30am. Perhaps it was automatically assumed that people would've had a nice heavy dinner before boarding the plane. Whilst the food served on the KUL-BOM leg was good (Roti and chicken curry) it was a bit disappointing to know that none of the FA's spoke Hindi which pretty much made it very hard for a few passengers who could not speak or understand English. Overall I think MH's quality seems to have dropped a bit.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

13 September. BKK-KUL-LHR on 737-800 and A380. Return trip was considerable better. I sat at 1A on the 737 and although the food was bland the cabin crew managed to top up my glass several times. The KUL lounge was full and seemed relatively pointless given that there were more comfortable seats outside. It was hard to get a drink. After finally getting onto the A380 we had to wait an hour after some confusion over the cargo which meant we missed our slot. The pre-ordered food was great and I had finally worked out that the flat-bed seat of most comfortable when it not quite flat. One of the stewards told me they had recently been modified but was not quite sure how. I managed several hours sleep and awoke to a pleasant breakfast. The cabin crew were polite and efficient; the aircraft was spotless and the toilets big enough for a small party were kept spotless. A far more positive experience than the outward journey.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

LAX-KUL-HKT round trip. B777 from LAX was great service food and AVOD. Seats are angle flat and first generation. Bit narrow but comfortable enough for 5 hours sleep on long transpacific legs. B737 service to Phuket was also very good and no problems with crew or plane.

(Malaysia)

KUL-ADL 8th September. Morning departure from ADL. Check-in was efficient and well handled by ground staff. Boarding was very well managed by ground staff in Adelaide. Once on board the plane things were different. Cabin crew were just plain disinterested had poor English skills and again there was minimal interaction. Tray tables were dirty video screen was smudged and talk about a sticky in flight magazine pages were stuck together! The food was mediocre this time and before landing a flight attendant went around barking "seat belts seat belts"! This is a 5 star airline? I think not.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew from Sydney to London and back 4/9/13 - 9/9/13. A330 and A380. Have to say disappointed in comparison to Emirates and Singapore. Seats seemed small even on A380. Biggest gripe was that it was freezing - on all legs. I did ask why it was so cold and was told I could have an extra blanket. Staff were ok nothing remarkable. No eye shades and I was so sore because of the seats. Entertainment was average. Food ok. It was alright but I'll never book with them again as it was too cold and uncomfortable.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew business class Istanbul-Kuala Lumpur in an aged Boeing 777. The seats are not lay flat but angled very hard for me to get any sleep. Service and menu was disappointing. This airline needs to move with the times on long haul the competition is doing a much better job and offering a better product.

(New Zealand)

LHR-KUL A380. Great check in given exit row seats for long legs. Customer service was non existent like we were an inconvenience. Prodded my wife in the shoulder to get her to put her seat upright. Very little verbal anything and bad English when used. For a flight with 90% westerners I would have expected better. KUL-Phuket on Boeing 737 a shocker. Cabin was filthy spent half the flight planning how I would clean it. Will never fly with this carrier again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

7 September. LHR-KUL-BKK on A380 and 737-800. Having flown on a Singapore Airlines A380 on several occasions I was keen to see whether the experience with Malaysia was comparable. I had managed to get a seat in the smaller front cabin. Check-in was efficient. The LHR lounge was pleasant with good service champagne on tap and a great view. Boarding was smooth with a priority line for business passengers. I was fortunate in having an empty seat next to me. The cabin crew were efficient and pleasant. I had pre-ordered my food with Chef-on-Call and the quality was excellent. There were however three problems. The A380 seat although flatbed was simply not comfortable - it seemed as it was raised in the middle slightly and it was not easy to sleep on. Secondly having reserved a seat at the front of business on the 737 I was moved to the back with no explanation given. And thirdly they failed to transfer my bag at KUL and it would be following on a later flight. I will need a lot of convincing to book with Malaysia Airways again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Jakarta (CGK) to Amsterdam (AMS) via Kuala Lumpur (KUL). It was a long flight. The flight attendants were really nice friendly and helpful. They served delicious food. I really enjoyed the flight. MH offers great in-flight entertainment with plenty of films music and TV channels.