Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I had 4 flights with Malaysia last month Sydney to Istanbul via KL and return. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews here but I have to say that I was delighted with everything. The person next to me on the IST - KUL leg left some belongings in the lounge and told the onboard staff who sent someone to retrieve them! Service was excellent and wonderful value for money. I'm not tall and didn't find the angled seats a problem. The only problem on this flight was having to turn off all electronic devices even those in flight mode which was a bit annoying as I only had a Kindle and a tablet to read as something was causing interference in the cockpit.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KUL-Heathrow. Great airline. The plane was clean and the staff were friendly. There was an excellent choice of films documentary comedy etc. The food was great for airline food even a smoked salmon side salad. I would fly with this company again.

(Malaysia)

KUL-HKG-KUL Economy Class on A380. Full flight both ways. Boarding at KUL was chaotic due to change of departure gate at the very last minute which also resulted in late departure from KUL. Assigned seat was taken by another passenger and was informed by the passenger that the stewardess told her to seat there. Had to wait for almost 10 minutes while the cabin crew rearranging the seating according to the seat number stated on the boarding pass. Meals were good on both sector. IFE crashed 3 times and the supervisor only managed to fix the problem one-hour before touchdown at HKG. Cabin crew were not interested in their job.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KL - Denpasar - KL using rewards ticket. Both flights on time bags out quickly decent quality food and drink very friendly cabin crew. Very good experience.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Travelled COK-KUL-MEL MH129 Oct 2013. The 737-800 on the COK-KUL sector was congested but the 777 on the KUL-MEL sector was okay. Inflight service was perhaps the worst we have encountered. The catering was most noticeable as meals were insufficient and no choice of drinks. Malaysia Airlines is cost cutting even on tea and coffee. I suppose you get what you pay for. Will never travel Malaysia Airlines again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

What an absolutely non-customer service focused Airline. Never again will I fly with Malaysian Airlines. It was the first and last time. Normally I fly with Singapore or Emirates but had seen some reviews saying that Malaysian was good. How wrong could you be. 19 hours delayed bag lost. When I missed our connection due to delays not one person from Malaysian made any effort to help over 20 people also delayed with me. I arrived Terminal 1 Heathrow was told to go to the tranist area in terminal 4 where I was turned away by security. I then had to return to Terminal 1. I then queued for an hour at least before I was told to go landside for assistance. This then took four hours before I was rebooked. I was then given some pittance value food vouchers that were only eligible in a terminal I was not departing from. Then even though the staff had over 9 hours before I departed on my rebooked flight (with Etihad) I was told on departure my bags would not make it. My single stop trip had also been turned into a 2 stop trip which added another 6-8 hours. No help whatsoever when they lost my bag just left at an airport in Australia with no clothes. Pay a little extra and travel with Singapore Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Travelled on the new 787 plane LHR to KL and sat in the upper deck seat no: 33H an aisle seat in a row of 2. Was impressed with the cabin which is small (about 10 rows) and has a seat configuration of 2-4-2 unlike the lower deck which has rows of 3-5-3 in economy. Service was very good and food reasonable with frequent snacks on offer. Boarding in this cabin is also smoother than in the lower deck as you board using the same door as business class. Plenty of films/TV shows etc to watch including recent films as well as classics. Absolutely no complaints at all once I was on board. However Malaysian Airlines customer service is the worst I have come across and was so incompetent/rude on the several occasions that I dealt with them that I will never travel with them again. In London before my flight they would not allow me access to my flight details on the internet and refused to reserve me a seat: in Bali I was unable to contact the office either by phone or in person to change the date of my flight to KL and was forced to fly with another airline although I had paid for a flight with Malaysian Airlines and in Kuala Lumpur I spent 5 hours in their office trying to ensure my flight back to the UK would not be cancelled. A woman seating next to me in the main MA office had been there 2 days waiting to speak to a customer service adviser.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Return trip from Brisbane to Bangkok. First time on the 330 on the Brisbane to KL leg. Had read other reviews which were critical of the seating comfort on the 330 but I found the comfort more than acceptable. Cabin crew very attentive and food excellent. Had booked a meal using Chef on Call and was served the meal for breakfast. Flight to BKK was on a 737-800. Was an older plane with no IFE but cabin crew were good. Flight on the return from BKK to KL was on a newer 737-800 with IFE. Only complaint for the return flight to BNE is that was more than 2.5 hours into the flight before I was able to get my first drink and that was after asking for it. After that no problems having wine etc topped up. Food was very good and the Lobster Thermidor was better than that on SQ.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

LAX-NRT-LAX Economy. I purchased the ticket while they were on special offer the fare was very reasonable. LAR-NRT: Check in staff were not friendly aircraft was old but the seat was comfortable. Entertainment system crashed twice and the sound and screen quality was bad. Inflight service was okay and the food was average. NRT-LAX: Check in very slow. Poor entertainment service and the flight attendant who delivered our meals (dinner and breakfast) was disrespectful. I wouldn't recommend this airline.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

In July 2013 my husband and flew to Sri Lanka from Melbourne for a 3 week holiday. The flight was good from Melbourne to Malaysia short turn around then on to Colombo. The return was hoped to go as smoothly but not to be. I have two issues with the airline both about treatment to passengers. Firstly flying from Colombo to Malaysia we were subjected to extremely loud promotional material about the airline for over 30 minutes. It left us with fingers in our ears and quite annoyed as it was very early morning. Many people were clearly discomforted by it and a request by another passenger to turn it down was ignored. That alone would lead me to not fly again. I made the mistake of ordering a vegetarian meal on the flight over and had the most bland and unimaginative food possible. My husband enjoyed his food but noted it was considerably poorer quality on the flight back to Australia. I will avoid this airline from now on and next flight was booked with Singapore Airlines.