Malaysia Airlines

(Malaysia)

KUL-ADL 8th September. Morning departure from ADL. Check-in was efficient and well handled by ground staff. Boarding was very well managed by ground staff in Adelaide. Once on board the plane things were different. Cabin crew were just plain disinterested had poor English skills and again there was minimal interaction. Tray tables were dirty video screen was smudged and talk about a sticky in flight magazine pages were stuck together! The food was mediocre this time and before landing a flight attendant went around barking "seat belts seat belts"! This is a 5 star airline? I think not.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew from Sydney to London and back 4/9/13 - 9/9/13. A330 and A380. Have to say disappointed in comparison to Emirates and Singapore. Seats seemed small even on A380. Biggest gripe was that it was freezing - on all legs. I did ask why it was so cold and was told I could have an extra blanket. Staff were ok nothing remarkable. No eye shades and I was so sore because of the seats. Entertainment was average. Food ok. It was alright but I'll never book with them again as it was too cold and uncomfortable.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew business class Istanbul-Kuala Lumpur in an aged Boeing 777. The seats are not lay flat but angled very hard for me to get any sleep. Service and menu was disappointing. This airline needs to move with the times on long haul the competition is doing a much better job and offering a better product.

(New Zealand)

LHR-KUL A380. Great check in given exit row seats for long legs. Customer service was non existent like we were an inconvenience. Prodded my wife in the shoulder to get her to put her seat upright. Very little verbal anything and bad English when used. For a flight with 90% westerners I would have expected better. KUL-Phuket on Boeing 737 a shocker. Cabin was filthy spent half the flight planning how I would clean it. Will never fly with this carrier again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

7 September. LHR-KUL-BKK on A380 and 737-800. Having flown on a Singapore Airlines A380 on several occasions I was keen to see whether the experience with Malaysia was comparable. I had managed to get a seat in the smaller front cabin. Check-in was efficient. The LHR lounge was pleasant with good service champagne on tap and a great view. Boarding was smooth with a priority line for business passengers. I was fortunate in having an empty seat next to me. The cabin crew were efficient and pleasant. I had pre-ordered my food with Chef-on-Call and the quality was excellent. There were however three problems. The A380 seat although flatbed was simply not comfortable - it seemed as it was raised in the middle slightly and it was not easy to sleep on. Secondly having reserved a seat at the front of business on the 737 I was moved to the back with no explanation given. And thirdly they failed to transfer my bag at KUL and it would be following on a later flight. I will need a lot of convincing to book with Malaysia Airways again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Jakarta (CGK) to Amsterdam (AMS) via Kuala Lumpur (KUL). It was a long flight. The flight attendants were really nice friendly and helpful. They served delicious food. I really enjoyed the flight. MH offers great in-flight entertainment with plenty of films music and TV channels.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

So we're a couple travelling Brisbane to London via Kuala Lumpur currently seated in the Air Malaysia lounge in KL. The first leg is complete and failed to impress. Not only did the breakfast egg option run out before seat row 6 but the coffee was horrendous and twice had sugar added when it was specifically not requested. Although I am trying to be optimistic about the upcoming 13hr leg we have just confirmed that the attendant that checked us in 11hrs ago put us across the aisle from one another! Perfect considering my fiancé is a nervous flyer.

(Malaysia)

I travel with them at least once a month either in Business or Economy class. Their inflight service attitude is normally above standard and while airline meals are what they are MH catering is tasty and ok for regional flights. What I want to comment on is the appearance of the cabin: on many recent flights I took within the region especially on B737s the cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Any aircraft I boarded had either dirty finger or palm-prints on the overhead lockers. The way they looked it appeared to be from aircraft mechanics as they were oil/grease based prints. Nobody bothered to clean them up. Additionally the aircon vents and even overhead monitors that drop down from the ceilings on B737s all had a huge accumulation of fluff attached to them. It all gives the interior of the planes a shabby look and not representative of a 5 star airline. What prompted me to write this review was a recent domestic flight on Vietnam Airlines where the planes were spotlessly clean and looked all new even when they were not. Malaysia Airlines get it together and clean your planes properly. It is a disgrace for a 5 star airline to be so careless about hygiene.

(Malaysia)

BKI-KUL on 9 Sep 2013. Fly their new B737-800 sky interior. Had a great experience. Seat was comfortable and have a nice legroom. Crew service as usual professional efficiency and friendly. That flight was full but the crew cabin managed to serve all passenger very smooth and fast. 3 choices of movies. Its ok for me because it just a short-haul flight. Inflight food was delicious. I had chicken. Highly recommended.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew CDG-KUL in Business on A380. Ground staff were ok but the airport is the worst to fly from in Europe. The lounge which is used by most airlines is not worth going. Once on board things change for the better and the Malaysian Hospitality can be experienced immediately. Staff were very friendly and offered great service. The seat was comfortable and included a comfortable duvet and pillows. The amenity kit from Tumi with Clarins product was very handy and of good quality. I ordered Chef on Call where you can choose a meal before you fly and the quality and presentation was nice. The satay and starter was great. Between meal times you can choose freshly prepared noodle soups freshly baked cookies or fruits. Breakfast was quite nice too and I managed to get some sleep during the flight. IFE was extensive and had a good collection. The A380 is a great aircraft to fly and together with the product Malaysia Airlines offers it is truly a 5 star experience.