Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines customer review

MH002 SGN-KUL-LHR on 737-800 and on A380 for the London leg. Good service from Ho Chi Minh. Nice food and nice plane (I'm used to Ryanair's version of the 737-800). Disappointing service on the long-haul to London. Cabin attendants failed to clean up a full glass of red wine which was spilled all over the exit door in front (I was in 74A which is a window seat without another seat in front. Incidentally this seat isn't worth paying extra for unless you are over 6 foot tall - the tray table and console are poor). Passenger in 73 left wine on the flimsy tray table (he had similar bulk-head style tray-table as me) which then got propelled across cabin due to turbulence. Took several attempts to get steward to clean it up. Will be avoiding Malaysia Airlines in future.

(Malaysia)

Leaving Frankfurt 19th Feb arriving 20th Feb. MH 5. I have just returned from New York via Frankfurt with 2 different airlines of which one was Malaysia. I really have to say that it now feels like a different airline. In short I feel that the cutting cost is obvious. I feel the spirit of the crew is not there.

(Sweden)

We flew from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur and back from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur and from there to Amsterdam on 18 Feb 2014. The flight Amsterdam - Kuala Lumpur had decent service and friendly staff. However the return journey from Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur was a disappointment. Staff were bland and ignored your wishes. Even worse was the journey between Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. The food was distributed quickly the lights did not work which meant we could not read our book. We had different expectations of this airline.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew KL to Melbourne late last Saturday night. Had been offered and received a Boarding Pass for this leg of the trip the previous day in Yangon. At that time I'd been asked if I wanted a window seat to which I'd replied that I did. When I got on the flight I found myself squashed in the middle of the row two people each side. The seat didn't recline and the in-flight entertainment didn't work for most of the journey. This was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever been on and definitely would not recommend Malaysia Airlines to anyone.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KL - Langkawi - KL - Phuket. Three flights on average 1 hour each on my tour of the Far East. The first two flights were on an ageing 737-200 and the last on a newish 737-800. Was surprised that the airline was dry on all but the last flight. Old business class on the 737-200 - which was very tatty. The newish 737-800 was very comfortable. FAs on all flights were friendly and efficient. My wife ate the food on all flights and said it was "okay". The lounge at KL was very average and again no booze. MA was for the purpose we booked them - okay. Would only use them again if I had to.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew KL to Denpasar 9th Feb. Rude check in clerk altered our pre booked seating allocation separating my family of 4 - I had booked these seats 6 months in advance. Cabin crew equally unhelpful. They left the seat belt light on for the entire trip. When I approached the business class cabin crew to use the lavatory urgently I was told to go back to my economy seat and wait. For a supposed full service airline there is no service.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

MEL-LHR via KL return. Very disappointed with the Biz class seats on the legs to and from Melbourne to KL. The seat only had 3 settings and it had to be the hardest seat I have sat on. The cabin was filthy. The food was very disappointing. Overall this Biz class was certainly not worth the money. They need to review the aircraft they use on MEL to KUL leg - this is substandard. On a positive note the A380 (KL to London) Biz seats were very comfortable and the staff very friendly!

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Excellent service food was great. New seating and aircraft for the MEL-KUL leg was great the way personal space is utilised is brilliant. The 777 aircraft on the KUL-FRA route was very tired and dated the fleet definitely needs retrofitting and IFE viewing quality on these aircraft is poor. Nonetheless service was great and would happily fly with MAS again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I flew business class from KUL to NRT. From the (just renovated) lounge to the service quality of the cabin crew I would say that the experience was average. The newly renovated lounge atmosphere was simply chaotic and noisy food variety on offer was very limited. Noodles from the noodle bar barely edible. Shower facilities was nothing to write about. The service delivery was just mediocre. There was no drink rounds after the meal service the cabin crew were busy chatting away in the galley. I was expecting more from the cabin crew. Food quality are at best economy standard. Fortunately the experience was saved by the comfortable seat and generous leg space of Boeing 777. I would not recommend anyone to fly MH unless the price is cheap.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Flew KUL-MEL A330. First class lounge in KUL was terrible. Service OK but A La Cart breakfast horrible. Food on board was worse. Inedible 'spicy chicken' limp salad and cream cheese instead of proper cheese. Meal before landing was even worse. Undercooked pastry with unidentifiable mushroom filling. That was it. 3 bites and it was gone. MAS used to be an unbelievable product. Its Air Asia flatbeds or SQ or EK from now on.