Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia Airlines customer review

SYD-KUL-KIX and back. All flights full. Excellent service lots and lots of food snacks cabin crew always offering drinks. IFE was good. Seats had lots of legroom and recline. Seats also very comfortable. Cabin crew very friendly however only one female cabin crew on first flight SYD to KUL who was in business class very surprising. Overall a pleasant experience. KLIA is a great airport to stopover at. Highly recommend Malaysia Airlines.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

I decided to go with Malaysia Airlines instead of Jetstar because you get full service meals drinks entertainment etc but it was a horrible old plane food inedible costing me around $1000 from Melbourne to Phnom Penh. Rude staff uncomfortable seating (economy) poor selection of entertainment. Coming back to Melbourne I was seated at the back right next to the toilets smelt horrible. Never again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

MAS operates old B777 on FRA to KL with no full flat bed and seat layout is 2x3x2. Service is perfect food and wine excellent. They deserve more attention and a full flat bed in Business class.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KL to Hanoi on B737-800. MAS are making significant efforts to compete. Their service is outstanding quality of food and wine very good. Seat comfort on the short haul flights is similar to other airlines in 2x2 configuration aircraft quite new. MAS provides prices which are almost always lower than Thai or CX not to mention SIA.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

LHR-KUL-SYD in Business class. LHR-KUL on the A380. Check-in agent at LHR very friendly and advised of fast-track through security and location of lounge. First class lounge (due to OneWorld Emerald status) very nice with great views of the tarmac and having a good selection of food at the buffet stand. A-la-carte menu was of excellent quality. The staff at the lounge were very helpful friendly and accommodating making the experience a complete pleasure. Priority boarding not quite what it should be as there is a boarding gate for business class passengers and economy passengers on the upper deck who board together and a separate boarding gate for first class passengers and economy passengers on the lower deck. Despite this boarding was relatively quick orderly and efficient. Non-alcoholic pre- departure drinks offered. Flight was delayed due to a crew member being injured prior to departure and they had to wait for a replacement crew to arrive. Seat was very comfortable in both the sitting and flat positions. There was also plenty of storage space for personal items. Good selection of IFE with a reasonable amount of latest releases. Cabin crew were excellent on this sector. They were very friendly and helpful throughout the flight. Pre-ordered meal through their Chef-on-call service was honoured. Quality of meals on this sector was quite good. Flight arrived late into KUL but some time was made up in the air. However it meant that the connection for the flight to SYD was still a bit tight. KUL-SYD was on a new A330-300. This flight was held back to ensure that connecting passengers and their luggage made it onto the flight which was much appreciated. Cabin crew again were great on this flight. My pre- ordered meal was honoured and it was excellent. This was probably the best steak I've ever had in the air! The satay of course was excellent. IFE similar to what was on offer on the A380 flight from LHR to KUL. The seat is comfortable in the sitting position but not so much in the angled flat position. Storage space for personal items is very poor on these seats. Flight arrived an hour late into SYD. Check-in luggage did make it through but did not come out first. However I was just glad that the luggage made it to SYD. Overall a great experience and one that I will continue to use due to the consistency of service standards and good value for money.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Hong Kong to KL to Adelaide a bad day for Malaysia Airlines. Scheduled departure 2:40pm but major delay to aircraft arriving. Departure estimated to be 4:30pm but eventually closer to 6:00pm. Captain cited technical issues but no other explanation. Flight OK up until half hour out of KL. Entered holding pattern due to "traffic conditions" at KLIA. We were not too concerned as we had experienced something similar flying in from Adelaide a few days earlier but by now we had eaten up our 4 hour transit to catch a connection home. After 3 or 4 circuitsthe co-pilot announced some "unexpected news" that we were diverting to Penang due to the fuel situation. We proceeded to Penang with a later assurance that we had plenty of fuel to get there. In my experience most airlines have problems from time to time with weather equipment and other factors out of their control but it is how they handle the situation and their paying customers that is a true measure of their quality. This situation unfortunately highlighted some deficiencies with Malaysian Airlines systems and processes. We got plenty of apologies but not much more. On landing at Penang we were given very little information about what would happen. We got the usual announcements about not moving until the seat belt light goes out but nothing about what would happen next. Passengers gathered their possessions and stood up expecting to disembark but silence. Eventually after about half an hour the pilot announced that the flight crew had exceeded their allowed flying time and another crew would need to be flown up from KL to fly the aircraft back and this would be about 12:30am ( we landed at about 9:30pm). So there we sat for 3 hours. The cabin crew were conspicuous by their absence and it was hard to identify anyone in charge. Very little attempt was made to make an effort to look after the comfort of the passengers and almost no information or updates were passed on until the replacement crew arrived around midnight. Of course the headphones had been collected before landing so we could not pass the time watching a movie. It was possible to go and get a drink from the galley if you were able to get past the groups of agitated passengers. Eventually we left around 1am and arrived at 2am at KL. On arrival we were given vouchers for hotel and taxi and boarding passes for a flight to Adelaide the following evening and pushed out of the airport without our luggage. I suppose we should be grateful that Malaysian Airlines found accommodation for us but it was in a village called Sepang about half an hour from the airport and while rated 3 stars I think this would be rather optimistic. I could not help thinking that this was a pretty cheap effort and this was reinforced by the expression on the face of one of the ground staff who asked us where we had been accommodated. In the end we arrived home 24hours late and minus one bag. This experience raised many questions about Malaysia Airlines' commitment to passenger satisfaction and comfort their cabin crew organisation the suitability of KLIA as a hub their fueling policies and procedures and their management in general. It is hard to imagine a circumstance where I would consider travelling with them again.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

KUL to SYD - flight delayed because baggage can't be loaded problem was not MAS but airport facilities in KL. Kept informed by Captain whom decided to leave without some bags rather than indefinite delay - fair enough. Very full flight and extraordinary number of small babies - all of whom wailed on take off and landing. Cramped and noisy flight. Difficult seating arrangements for families especially those with small children and babies. Cabin crew civil but not usual friendly service. Filthy toilets but some what understandable given the very full flight and origin of some passengers. I do wish they'd managed more cleaning of the toilets but the state of the cabin on landing is horrendous. My bag didn't arrive on the same flight and was delivered the next day. I imagine this was just awful for many people but I coped ok till the next day. All this is within reason and managed as best as possible. My big complaint is the food. The second 'snack' of the sausage roll really needs to be changed. How many people have to complain before the airline does something about this. Why be known as the airline that you have to bring your own food before you fly? Change the sausage roll it truly deserves to be dropped. It is horrendous and it's the first and last thing I think of when flying MAS economy.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

Adelaide-KL-Phuket return. Firstly they ran late for every flight. No drinks regularly offered you had to ask constantly for water cups of tea and coffee served with powdered milk. The food is disgusting dried up pastry sausage roll. The meals were awful and half the food was left off my husbands tray. Our final journey KL to Adelaide I just wanted to cry I was so uncomfortable in my seat.

Malaysia Airlines customer review

IST-KUL-BNE in late October. We fly annually to Europe with MAS. The service only seems to get better. The cabin crew were uniformly helpful and pleasant. Food and beverage service very good. The only area needing improvement is their lounge at KL which is getting a bit tired and at times very crowded. Also the lounge used at Istanbul being the Millenium Lounge is an embarrassment. Any of the other lounges would be a better choice by MAS. We will continue to fly Malaysia Airlines.

(Malaysia)

Over the years Malaysia Airlines is going bad. The service is one of the worst I have ever had. Heard a lot of people say the cabin crew treat Asians differently if compared to Europeans. I guess where you come from affects their service towards you. Everything in Malaysia Airlines is downgraded the comfort the services the food etc.