Malaysia Airlines

"crew friendly and sensitive"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to London Heathrow. Very good service, the seat is comfortable, the crew are friendly and sensitive to what you need. Besides that, when I enter the aircraft, they give seat direction very well (as my seat is located on the upstairs of A380). Furthermore, the satay served were very tasty and welcome drink was very nice.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2017

"Bad service throughout"

Verified Review | Flew London Heathrow to Manila via Kuala Lumpur. Bad service throughout. As a One World Emerald/BA Gold member and flying long haul x 2 per month I use all the One world carriers, all with good efforts and service, but on these 4 flights there was no recognition of member status/dirty tables/ no basics, like a toothbrush on a 13.5 hr flight! Lost bag (one of 15 on the same flight), poor ground staff at KL. I complained and the reply was full of regret but no actual sorry and not any compoensation for the travel back to the airport for the lost bag etc.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Manila via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"no IFE on short domestic flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Penang to Kuala Lumpur in May 2017. Flew in the morning, the check in was smooth. But the plane is quite old, no IFE on this short domestic flight. The seat is old and lousy. The flight attendant was okay, only snack in this 50 mins flight. The take off was smooth, and the landing too.
RoutePenang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2017

"service was quick and the food adequate"

(New Zealand)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. Used the efficient downtown KL Sentral check-in facility which alleviates the need to queue at KLIA. Friendly check-in staff. Train connection fast, stress free and comfortable. A short boarding delay but gate staff kept passengers informed. Boarding itself well organised and managed. Captain apologised for the delay (“operational reasons”). No mucking around with aircraft pushing back before last passenger seated. The usual standard two food options of chicken or fish, but service was quick and the food adequate. Arrival into Bangkok 15 minutes late, with baggage promptly delivered on conveyor belt. Pleasantly surprised to see bag priority tagged although not qualifying for this. Overall, a pleasant short-haul flight with no complaints. Aircraft clean, seat pitch fine, efficient staff and reasonable airfare. Would definitely use again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2017

"Nothing impressive on this flight"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Penang. I’m from Jakarta and take a transit around 1 hour here. Move to their domestic terminal, and get an older Malaysia Airlines plane for this domestic route. There is no meal, only snack. IFE was so so. Nothing impressive on this flight.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Penang
Date FlownMay 2017

"Okay but nothing impressive"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Morning flight with Malaysia Airlines, check in staff in Jakarta was okay. We going to Penang, and will transit in KLIA airport. Flight attendant was ok, the meals was so so. I don't like the leg room - its quite small for full service airlines comparing to GA and Malindo. IFE was ok, I enjoy it. Okay but nothing impressive.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"Overall it is okay"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta, everything on schedule - but when boarding is a bit a mess. The boarding staff is not capable enough. The seat is not wide enough comparing to other full service competitor in the region.The meals was OK, a bit salty for me. The flight attendant is just good. The take off is smooth and the landing too. Overall it is okay.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2017

"sent luggage to my hotel 20 hours later"

(Bangladesh)

Verified Review | Dhaka to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur. I am a One World Gold Card Member and I choose to fly Malaysia Airlines along with 2 colleagues and our luggage were tagged as priority. On arrival in Singapore, my priority luggage was missing and they sent my luggage to my hotel 20 hours later. Astonishingly same trouble I had experience traveling back from Singapore to Dhaka, my luggage is still missing for 22 hours and no update yet to be received. I am undone. My question is whether they understand the meaning of priority or not?
RouteDhaka to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2017

"cabin service was not all that special"

(Indonesia)

Verified Review | Jakarta-Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur return, so we had 4 legs of flight all with 737 planes. The plane was all old, and the interior showed its age though. One particular thing: Meal is not served in a big disposable tray as other airlines, but in a smaller box, which means less food is served. My biggest disappointment was that, in the last 3 legs, food choice offered was all the same - rice with fish and chicken with noodle. Since I don't eat fish, I would always choose the latter, and the taste, serving and even looks are all even exactly the same every time in all those legs! Fortunately for me, the IFE worked fine, and overall the cabin service was not all that special, seat was OK but not bad though, so I didn't have anything to complain other than the food. I hear that Malaysia Airlines has declined considerably since the two tragic incidents in 2014, and as a result they had their budget cut. However, considering that they were once a five star airline, I didn't expect their service to drop drastically as such (no meal tray provided!). The good news is, they announce sales promo frequently, and now they are cheaper than before. So if you don't demand much of an airline service and you're in a budget, in Southeast Asia, MH is a flight you might consider.
RouteJakarta to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownOctober 2017

"they dealt with it professionally"

(Vietnam)

Verified Review | Flew Ho Chi Minh - Kuala Lumpur - Phnom Penh on 7 November 2017. Regional Flights on B737-800 throughout. I bought a heavily discounted business class ticket from a dubious online agency. Booked for 2 days earlier than actually travelled but could not make my domestic connection to SGN due to typhoons upcountry. Thus, had to cancel at the last minute and retime to 1-2 days later to be sure to catch the international flight as the typhoon was very persistent. While the OTA was useless, impossible to contact, and provided vertically no information apart from a ticket number and schedule, I was desperate and saw my ticket as likely lost. However, I made a call to MH directly (through Saigon Office) and they dealt with it professionally, took over the booking from the OTA, and rebooked me with amble time at almost no cost. And suddenly I could access my booking on their system and order seats and special meals etc. At check-in in Saigon everything went smooth and quick. I took me less than 5 minutes from arriving until I had all my boarding passes in hand. I thereupon had a positive chat with the check-in counter as they were not busy. Lounge is third-party and called Apricot, good service tarmac views, and cooperative lounge staff. A flight delay of 75 Minutes incurred but was announced in full and clearly already 2½ hours prior to departure. Later 30 Minutes were added to the delay. However, as the delays were clearly announced they just extended my lounge stay in Saigon and shortened my lounge stay in KLIA. Onboard, special meals were accommodated, FAs are professional, and service is good. Only problems is that on shorter regional flights the Airline is “dry” – even in business class. Not even beer is served. Transfer in KLIA was tight but went smooth as the departing flight was the gate next to the one arrived to. The next flight equally good and arrived on time in PNH. Special meals and three hot meals were offered. Had seat 1C with a legspace that I impossibly could use up as I could not even reach/touch the galley in front of me. My luggage was comprehensive (2 big pieces plus hand-luggage but was ready on the belt after I passed immigration. Miles credited to my Qatar FFP within a week. Could have been rated 10/10 but I deduct a bit for delay and for lack of varieties of drinks onboard. In summary: well done Malaysia Airlines – you are a rising star!
RouteHo Chi Minh to Phnom Penh via Kuala Lumpur