Malaysia Airlines

Review by (Taiwan)

I took Malaysia Airlines flight from Taipei to Amsterdam. The attitude of flight attendants was not nice. One of them was so impatient when passengers asked for a cup of water. Besides, my luggage was delayed for a day. And on 28 August I came back from Amsterdam to Taipei. Due to technical problems, the flight was delayed at Schipol Airport for three hours. So when we arrived at Kuala Lumpur Airport, many passengers missed their original flights. We waited for another three more hours for lining up to get new boarding pass. The ground staff arranged me to China Airlines since there was no flight to Taipei by Malaysia Airlines on that day. When I got to the gate of China Airlines, I was not allowed to board. They told me they didn't get any information from Malaysia Airlines and I was not on the list. Then I went to ask the ground staff of Malaysia Airlines. She called China Airlines to confirm the situation. After the call, she told me I should be ok to board - she didn't know the reason why China Airlines couldn't let me get in. Then she arranged the flight for me next day and hotel in the airport for a night. She didn't try to communicate with the staff of China Airlines. Malaysia Airlines attitude is awful.
RouteAmsterdam to Taipei via KUL

Review by (Vietnam)

Flew Saigon-KL-New Delhi and return. Check-in either side was smooth and hassle free. They offered a wide variety of drinks on board. KL-Delhi-KL has flat bed seats, very comfortable and cozy. Airport lounge at KL and Delhi offered great service and a rich food and drinks menu. IFE was decent. Cabin crew energetic and friendly. They could add more items to the list of vegetarian food. Fare is very competitive. Will fly them next time.
AircraftBoeing 737 & A330
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Delhi via KL
Date FlownFebruary 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

The initial flight was an hour late taking off. When I arrived in Perth my luggage had been left in KL I was not reunited with my luggage until 25 hours later. On my return the flight I was delayed 5.5 hours, therefore I missed my coach to take me home. At no point was there explanation or apology.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Perth, Australia via KL

Review by (United Kingdom)

Flew with my wife and 3 kids. Having flown the A380 on EK, QR and QF, was really looking forward to flying the Malaysian version. However on entering the aircraft was disappointed to see a shabby and worn interior. The service was mechanical and the food was uninspiring. If you are flying this airline, do not expect any of the extra trimmings such as toys for the kids or amenity kits as it has all become very basic in view of their financial troubles. The IFE was acceptable, the state of the toilets were not. The flight was a couple of hours late taking off and we missed our connection to Kuantan. On the positive side this was handled quite well and we were put on the next flight with minimal hassle.
AircraftA380-800
RouteLHR to Kuantan via KUL
Date FlownJune 2015

Review by (United Kingdom)

Check in at KLIA very slow, you have to check in on the kiosk first then line up in a massive queue to drop your bags. The plane was scheduled to leave at 23:15 but didnt leave until 01:00, many travellers were scattered from their companions. I was among the unlucky, and I counted at least 3 couples in my seating area that had been seperated from their companions. However stewardesses were very helpful and did all they could to sort this out. After take off, drinks and peanuts were served, followed by a nice hot meal. Drinks were regularly served throughout the flight. Entertainment was good with new films and many good classics. We landed a little under an hour late and disembarkation was swift. Overall it was alright and I would recommend Malaysia Airlines.
RouteKuala Lumpur to London

Review by (Australia)

My experience today was the worst I have had on an airline for a very long time. Staff sloppy and work shy. Food was uneatable, toilets disgusting with water on floor and no hand towels. Seat very uncomfortable, inflight entertainment system turned on for whole flight, but headphones distributed 30 minutes after take off and collected an hour before arrival. I was shocked to see the plane land with several window shades down and many seats in a recline position. The staff spent the last hour of the flight packing everything away and not doing pre landing checks. The Golden Lounge in Kuala Lumpur is worn out and dirty.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney

Review by (United Kingdom)

We traveled on Sunday 16 August, from LHR to Bali via Kuala Lumpur. At check in we were advised by Malysian staff that the flight was on time. However, when we got through security it was on the board as being delayed 2 hours. Then it was changed to a 18.30 take off instead of midday. No one made an announcement to say or any reason given as to why. Passengers were passed from one counter to another to try and find what was happening and what would happen about connection flights. Sadly none of this was addressed at LHR. Finally the flight took off at 18.50, 6 hours 50 mins later than scheduled. The plane was dirty, food left on seats, trays not wiped down, traces of drinks and food on them. No hot towels were given during the duration of the flight (13 hrs), or travels bags provided. Food was also very limited, we were given one hot meals during the first 2 hrs of the flight, then nothing else until 2hrs before landing. Drinks were brought round twice, with meals, but no one informed you that you could go to the galley and get drinks or snacks during the flight. The seats are very uncomfortable for the length of flight. Onboard entertainment is not very up to date. Not looking forward to my return trip to the UK.
AircraftAirbus 380
RouteLHR to Bali via Kula Lumpur

Review by (Finland)

Business Class DPS to KUL due to very good Malaysia Airlines experiences in the past years. Happy to say that they have kept it up and the Boeing 777 Business Class cabin is very roomy for a short 2½ hr flight plus very clean. The senior crew were great and the meals good. Very good "old school" experience with Malaysia Airlines. Keep up the great work!
AircraftBoeing 777 200
RouteDPS to KUL
Date FlownJuly 2015

Review by (Singapore)

If I could rate the ground service even lower than 1 star, I would rate a negative. I do not intend to put all other staff off, when the terrible ones were only a few out of tens of thousands. But I was refused a check in service prior 50 minutes before departure with no check in baggage. What's more agonising is that the person before me was checking in to the same flight. The ground staff was in yellow suit sort of uniform believed to be an officer, an officer who is supposedly a role model to all told me in Bahasa Melayu that they would not check me in unless it's 40 minutes before the flight, I pointed at the clock and replied it is now more 50 minutes before the flight, he raised his voice and said "who do you think you are that we should check you in?" Well my review is that if the morale and capability of staff members of this airline is as such, why bother settling for mediocrity
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore

Review by (Ireland)

I flew business class Dublin to KL via London Heathrow. This review is for the London to KL on the A380. I was very happy with the outbound flight as the service was impeccable and I had the bonus of an aisle seat in the middle with no one beside me. The return journey was a different story. The cabin crew and food were remarkable and was up to the usual high standards. However the seating arrangement was far from ideal for the single traveller. I requested one of the middle aisle seats so that I won't have to climb over anyone and no one will be climbing over me to get out. None available and I got an aisle seat next to a window seat. The person sitting next to me certainly spoiled the trip. Twice when getting out of his seat and getting back in he hit my shin with his heel, ok it may be an accident but common courtesy would suggest saying sorry but not a word from this individual. Granted Malaysia Airlines is not responsible for this but their seating configuration does not consider single travellers who may want some privacy after forking out to fly business class. For this reason alone I will not choose Malaysia Airlines for my future travel if I am paying extra to fly business class. Such a pity as they have some of the best food and cabin crew in the airline industry.
RouteDublin to Kuala Lumpur via London Heathrow