Malaysia Airlines

"departure time had been delayed"

Trip Verified | London to Perth via Kuala Lumpur. We booked a flight to United Kingdom to attend a wedding of a very close family sibling on 21st July 2018 and returning back to Perth, Australia on 12th August. Before leaving my home in the UK, we checked in online via the website, and the departure time was showing as scheduled which was 10.25am from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur, and these details were confirmed by the automated check in email, and also on the boarding pass. When we got to Heathrow Airport at 7am on 12th August, and went to drop off luggage, staff advised us that the flight departure time had been delayed until 16:30 for MH3, and we were issued with 4 breakfast vouchers. Why did Malaysia Airlines not email us to advise of the delay in the departure flight then I would not have bothered coming to the airport at 7am! Approximately at 15:30, we were waiting at the departure gate and staff announced that the flight would be further delayed till 17:30. Approximately 17:15 we started boarding but we did not depart till 18:45 which meant that we were sat in the aircraft for 1.5 hours. At this stage, we had been at the airport for over 11 hours in total and I asked for hotel accommodation but Malaysia Airlines staff refused my request. We have never experienced so much incompetency from an established airline such as Malaysia Airlines, and I don’t think we would ever consider flying with Malaysia Airlines ever again.
RouteLondon to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"crews were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur. Enjoyed the flight experiences. Cabin crews were very friendly and responsive. They was a delayed for departure, however, the captain explained in detailed the reason of the late take off. Well done MAS!
RouteSingapore to Kathmandu via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"entertainment system did not work"

Trip Verified | London to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. The complaints about the journey, overall, are fairly minor, however an accumulation of these minor issues alongside the abysmal customer complaints service has warranted this review. Firstly, our flight was delayed. This happens and there is no point in complaining, however, there was no communication between the airline and passengers. In the end, we went to ask someone what was going on and they told us ‘Oh its only a minor delay, 20-40 minutes’. 2 hours later we boarded without any further communication following the initial and somewhat obscenely inaccurate estimation. This was, again, minor, but we had a interconnecting flight with a 2 hour 20 minute gap (which had now been reduced by 2 hours to just 20 minutes) and we had no idea what was going to happen. Would it have been too much trouble to make an announcement? My magazine pouch had a massive hole in it. My stuff went everywhere and I had to get on my hands and knees to retrieve it all. My boyfriend’s on board entertainment system did not work. When he asked a member of staff if there was anything they could do to help, (not expecting much but it was worth asking) he was laughed at. They eventually confirmed his seat number and ran a reboot, but it did not work. None of the charging ports were working. It was just so frustrating for him having to sit and do nothing for the duration of the flight. In truth, we rotated seats and shared the burden. I was feeling extremely rough at one point during the 14h flight so I went to the back of the plane to be near the facilities. There was a row of 3 reserved seats for staff rest. Whilst it was completely unoccupied, and had been for well over 2 hours, my boyfriend asked a member of staff if I could rest there for a short while just so I could be next to the toilet. Very kindly, I was allowed. But we were abruptly asked to leave the area immediately and return to our seats by another member of staff. She didn’t even sit down in the seat I was in, she just didn’t want me there. It may sound petty, but its all building up. Thank goodness we made our connecting flight.
RouteLondon to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"there was no water on board"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | On my outbound flight (Kuantan - KL - London), my connecting flight from KL to London was delayed by almost 2 hours, - and when I did get on the flight from KL to London MH2, the charger at my seat was broken, the table and near window had coffee stains and there was no water on board. On my return flight (London - KL - Kuantan), my connecting flight from KL to Kuantan was delayed by almost 4 hours (only when asked did they give a breakfast voucher with no written value, while checking at the restaurant, was informed the value was only RM13, balance needed to topped up by myself). When attempting to check in online, I was unable to select any seat. This is the only airline when I tried to check in online had no option to choose the seat, all the other seats were occupied.
RouteKuantan to London via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"service with a friendly smile"

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur. Customer service check-in excellent and efficient service with a friendly smile. I don't think Malaysia airlines have a random upgrade pick, I think you have to earn it somehow. Plane crew welcoming and friendly. After the long haul flight, there wasn't many crew saying good bye. I think they were tired and not very happy, then again, who would be if you have to serve a plane load of passengers. Overall, on economy class, it's what I expected. Food was ok - edible. Seats were comfortable. I didn't even get up once from LHR to KUL.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"rude lady at the counter"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. I am a disabled passenger flying regularly on business class on Malaysia Airlines. I was humiliated in Sydney recently when I was trying to check in by a rude lady at the counter who loudly inquired what my condition was for her to give me the required wheel chair assistance and wanted supporting documents from me. I have Cerebral palsy and you don't need a doctor to understand that I need assistance. Be that as it may all my documents were uploaded to the system. Even if that was not the case she had no business asking me what my condition was in front of all the others in the line. I wrote to the customer care people at the airline and they initially agreed that this has happened but that it was done to help me. Later the story changed and they deny anything happened. I understand that there will always be the rude and arrogant employee who will treat customers badly. However the airline denying that such an incident happened is unacceptable.
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur

"incredible legroom offered"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | We had a seat on the upper deck of the A380 flying from Sydney to Kuala Lumpur. We were really surprised by the incredible legroom offered on the upper deck, as well as a storage space beside the window on the economy class! The whole flight was very comfortable and relaxing to the extent that I was a bit reluctant to leave the plane. Some of the crews were very warm and welcoming but some were just average (not rude but not particularly warm and friendly as well). To comment objectively, the food served was better than average, but not what I had expected. However, the pizza served one hour before landing and it was surprisingly delicious. They offered us a drink very frequently, about 5 times throughout the whole flight and of course, you need not wait for them to offer you as you can always ask for one. The IFE was decent, with some new movies like Infinity War etc. However, the IFE feels a bit dated (compared to the newer ones on their A350) and there are no games to play as well. Overall, it was a very positive experience with Malaysia Airlines and I will fly with them again in the future.
AircraftA380-800
RouteSydney to Kuala Lumpur

"hospitality is amazing"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Kuala Lumpur. The hospitality of the Malaysian Airlines is amazing. One of the crew members on board on 12th August, 2018 (MH191) had made my journey and overall trip so easy and comforting by sharing his valuable knowledge and suggestions about Malaysia as a country, its people and culture.! He made sure to serve and treat us remarkably well. All the crew members were good in terms of service as well.
RouteDelhi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"won't be flying them again"

Trip Verified | We flew from Adelaide to Ho Chi Minh City via Kuala Lumpur. Very disappointing to find business class is now nowhere near as good as it used to be. The business class cabin was two thirds empty. No champagne is offered on boarding with a flight attendant saying "this is not allowed until we're in the air". This is out of step with most other airlines especially MH's One World partners. The service was just satisfactory with the crew doing the bare minimum. The one toilet in business class was not cleaned throughout the flight and was disgusting by the time we arrived in KL. The food was just awful. We "booked the cook" online, my beef ribs were a fatty, gristly mess which was inedible. The seating is OK provided you get the larger version with more space and storage, which the adjoining seat doesn't have making it feel cramped. Movies and TV shows are heavily censored to the point of being ridiculous. Staff in the lounge at KL are at best indifferent. The bar has been hidden away in a separate room near the entrance with no comfortable seating. We were left standing at the desk to get towels for the showers with no staff in sight. Eventually someone appeared and we had to hand over our boarding passes to get a threadbare towel. Your pass is returned when you return the towel. What a joke. We won't be flying with them again.
RouteAdelaide to Ho Chi Minh City via KUL
Date FlownAugust 2018

"increasingly rude in his manner"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My wife and I were flying back from Ho Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur yesterday 12/8/2018. We were flying economy on MH767 at 19:35 local time. The ground staff informed us that we would be unable to fly as my wife (an Indonesian citizen) did not have an on-fly ticket. We explained that we had made this entry several times without having to have such a ticket and was there any alternative, such as a passenger waiver form, as our flight was leaving very soon. The representative became increasingly rude in his manner. I was upset with this man's total lack of empathy or professionalism in a time of high stress. He found our situation amusing. Up until now I have been extremely happy with Malaysia Airlines services and professionalism. Maybe MH should look a little more closely at their employee supervision?
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Kuala Lumpur