Vote Now

Malaysia Airlines

"happy with my flight"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines. I got this flight using MHupgrade - bidding to upgrade from Economy to Business. Check-in was quick and easy. The Golden Lounge in Melbourne Airport was old, one could possibly use the Qantas Business lounge due to One World alliance reciprocal privileges. There was only one entry to the aircraft so boarding passengers were slower. Upon boarding, pre-flight drinks were promptly served. After take-off, the satay was served and I maintain that this is one of the best satay I've ever experienced. My main meal was the Cod and Salmon duo - seared fillets of salmon and cod, accompanied with wasabi-infused mashed potato, baby carrots and lobster sauce. This was a pre-selected meal using Chef-on-Call service. I was satisfied and I didn't have dessert by choice. Inflight entertainment was good enough to keep me entertained. The seats transforms into a flat bed which is comfortable enough for a nap. The touch sensitive control panels for the seat is situated in an awkward location where my elbows will inadvertently make contact with them and unexpectedly move my seat. Storage space varies from seat to seat due to the asymmetrical arrangement of the seats. I was seated on aisle seat 2E. Cabin crew were attentive, professional and efficient. Upon arrival in KL international airport, the customs and immigration queue for Business Class passengers were so long because there was only one dedicated counter open at the time. All in all, I am happy with my flight, but there are certain things that can be improved, particularly the speed of boarding and clearing customs / immigration.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"have improved their services"

(China)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. I got this air ticket by redeeming my miles, the kiosks of Malaysia Airlines are very convenient and easy to use. The boarding was great, they asked parents with children and elderly to board the flight first. The airplane wasn't new but was clean. Each seat was given a pillow and blanket, and the inflight entertainment was wonderful since there are a lot of movies to be chosen. Their cabin crew are very polite and professional, they served the meals with great care. Malaysia Airlines makes a great improvement in their inflight meal. The curry chicken was very tasty, compared with last time I flew with MAS. Cabin crew served a lot of choices of beverage, including red wine. The lavatory was a bit old, but clean and without any smell. Malaysia Airlines have improved their services and meals very much.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Beijing
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"return of the excellent service"

Verified Review | I fly from London (LHR) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) return twice a year with Malaysia Airlines. On this flight, it is nice to see improvements, such as the catering. The A380 toilets looks worn but well kept. The toilets were cleaned frequently by the cabin crew nonetheless. There are many movies on the inflight entertainment system, however it is hard to navigate through them. What really stood out from this flight were the cabin crew. Despite the challenges faced by the airline, it is nice to see the return of the excellent service, which Malaysia Airlines is famous for.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not a single person has got back to me"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Sydney return via Kuala Lumpur. Whilst the process of flying with Malaysia Airlines was satisfactory, one of my bags was delayed by 4 days on the flight out. In the first case I had no indication from the airline as to whether it was lost forever, or would arrive in a day, week, or month. This was just the beginning of the poor correspondence, and eight weeks later I am still yet to have a single email or telephone call answered by them. I've tried telephone, email, facebook, and even twitter, and still not a single person has got back to me. Probably the worst service I've ever received.
RouteLondon to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the flight was mediocre"

Verified Review | Seoul to Kuala Lumpur. After calling Malaysia Airlines weeks before the scheduled departure to add frequent flyer information and seating requests (due to being unable to add this information on there website) we had an interesting experience at check in. I was travelling with my partner and after confirming that we were seated next to each other in a 2-4-2 configuration It was a surprise to find the check in agent had moved us into completely different rows and seats. After receiving the boarding passes we raised this with the agent. He then informed us that there were no two seats next to each other available. After showing him the MAS seat selection confirmation he quickly changed his tone and put us in our original seats. This was truly puzzling. The flight was mediocre. IFE minimal and meals sub-par. I've felt MAS has slipped over the past couple of years.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"improve on basic customer services skills"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. Travelled Economy with 2 elderly pax, 1 pax with wheelchair assistance and a child. Upon arrival from Tokyo Haneda proceeded to the transfer counter at KLIA satellite building. The staff was edgy and made no eye contact. Thereafter prior to boarding at gate B11 for MH2646 the boarding gate staff reluctantly attended to us. She was impatient with the 2 elderly passengers when they were quite slow in producing the documents. Inflight service was no better. Flight crew were rude and no interest in customer service and throughout the flight made it look as though they were simply forced to work. Food was inedible. Cabin looked tired and dirty. Toilets were no better. Overall the service on this domestic sector was not commendable at all. MH seriously needs to improve on the basic customer services skills if they ever want to be on top again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"Overall a great improvement "

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Miri. Overall a great improvement for Malaysia Airlines. Service was great. The seat is comfortable and the meal had improved a lot. However some dirt still can be seen on the chair. Anyway, they had improved a lot and hope to see another great improvement from them again in my next trip. Definitely will fly with them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Miri
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"pleased with the service "

Unverified | London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur. My first flight with Malaysia Airlines in 2 years, we were pleased with the service received from the cabin crew, they were very attentive at all times. The food has improved since my last flight and beverage service was fairly standard. Movie selection could be improved, poor choice of latest releases. Seats comfortable and good leg room. Maybe it's due to cut backs that you don't see any Malaysia Airlines uniformed staff at Heathrow, only the ground handling company who aren't overly interested in the customers.
RouteLHR to KUL
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"a lot of space to stretch"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu with Malaysia Airlines. This was my first time travelling in business class. Check-in at a special counter with those silver / gold / platinum Enrich members. Entitled to enter MAS domestic golden lounge (newly renovated) with comfortable environment and nice food. The only setback was the front desk customer service person. Lack of smiles and eye contact. No greeting and just looking at his PC. While boarding, I was greeted by a senior steward by surname. I like the 42-inch seat pitch which gives a lot of space to stretch my legs. A hot towel, pillow and blanket were offered before departure. Enjoyed the meal but with limited choice due to late night flight. Overall, I quite enjoyed MAS business class. I brought the ticket during their promo fair. Worth a try.
RouteKUL to BKI
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"cabin crew were helpful"

(Thailand)

Unverified | London Heathrow to Bangkok via Kuala Lumpur. Smooth check-in and boarding at LHR-T4, morning-flight was about one-third full, and cabin crew were helpful in finding quieter seats so we could all spread out to sleep after take-off. Reasonable IFE selection, and food (chicken and cheesy-mash) tasty. The otherwise excellent A380 cabin was let down by the poor state of maintenance of the toilets - overdue for repair and a deep-clean! The full Boeing 737-800 hop up to Bangkok was very cramped, the box-food meal very basic, not something one would wish to repeat too often.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 737-800