Malaysia Airlines

Review by (China) 30th June 2015

CAN-KUL-AMS on return business trip recently, on a very low price. The service was very good in all flights. Cabin crew are very friendly, attentive and efficient. During the long-haul fight, cabin crew keep the passenger hydrated by serving beverages. KUL-AMS on Boeing 777-200, legroom was very large, seat was comfortable yet old, but IFE display very poor (content are rich). CAN-KUL A330-300 legroom was ok, IFE very good, seats new and comfortable. The food were also great, I would recommend the Nasi Lemak. Check-in was efficient. Great to see that the cabin was quite full in all lags.
AircraftA333 and B772
RouteCAN to AMS via KUL

Review by (Australia) 28th June 2015

Quick and speedy checking at Adelaide airport, access to the Qantas Lounge. Overall a great flight. Malaysia Airlines crew do a great job, the service was friendly and food excellent. IFE had a decent number of recent movies to pick from. Seat on the A330 is an angled flat bed not a lay flat, but for a daytime flight this isn't a issue.
AircraftA330-300
RouteAdelaide to Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Australia) 26th June 2015

Reasonable legroom, and the food was quite good for economy, with adequate portions. Wine was okay. Entertainment system had good screen and plenty of choices. Cabin staff were polite and efficient. Baggage transfer between flights at KUL and final delivery at Hong Kong was also fine. A smooth, good value experience.
RouteAdelaide to Hong Kong via KUL

Review by (Australia) 24th June 2015

Our first time on Malaysia Airlines and we boarded the day after all staff were given notice of dismissal, so we were a bit apprehensive about the likely mood on board. We should not have worried. Staff and service was excellent on our flight to Kuala Lumpur and through to Kansai on 4 June. Same good service for our flights back on 18 June. Food okay and plenty of it. Only complaint is the old style sloping seats which are a bit uncomfortable if you have experienced lie flat seats. Will use their service again if their flight schedule meets our needs.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 777-200
RouteMelbourne to Kansai International

Review by (Singapore) 23rd June 2015

Had my MH upgrade approved! My outbound flight SIN-HKG via KUL was good, due to short connecting at KUL, only able to grab a short time in Satellite Golden Lounge. KUL-HKG inflight service was nice, good selection of food/wine. Need improvement on IFE (old and bad headset). Ground staff was friendly, speedy check-in for Enrich Silver Member at dedicated counter at KLIA, priority boarding was announced too. FA are friendly and smile, addressed me by name and chatty. Seat was so so, a bit hard and not reclining to a proper flat bed. Inbound HKG-KUL was fine at first, boarded aircraft but delayed 1hr and then delayed another hour due to techincal problem. Hence I missed my connecting flight KUL-SIN. Approached ground staff, requested to access to the Golden Lounge (I fly Economy class for my inbound leg) but got rejected, but was given meal vouchers to spend for dinner. I would fly again with Malaysia Airlines.
AircraftB737-800 / B777-200
Type Of TravellerFamilyLeisure
RouteSIN to HKG via KUL

Review by (Taiwan) 23rd June 2015

Malaysia Airlines need to control customer hand carry baggage, all of the overhead bin was full and the passenger next to me was sitting with all of their belongings (4 bags). The food quality and portion was acceptable and delicious. Seat is comfortable but the legroom was limited when the passenger in front reclines. The IFE can be better if Malaysia Airlines change their poor earphone.
RouteTPE to JHB via KUL

Review by (United Kingdom) 14th June 2015

KUL-TWU domestic flight. I have not flew MAS for a long time due its expensive fare compared to Airasia in domestic routes. Certainly a plus point in this route is the availability of inflight entertainment and a new aircraft type of B737-800. The downside was the meal. The quantity was small and was not as tasty. I would fly MAS only if the price is competitive.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tawau

Review by (New Zealand) 13th June 2015

I have been a Malaysia Airlines loyal customer for many years and slowly I have seen their decline over the last 5 years or so but they have turned themselves around. The service, food and wine was the best from Auckland to K.L, and both my wife and I were really impressed. On the flight from K.L I slept most of the way but every one was friendly and great comfort in the big 380, spotlessly clean and a great flight. So impressed that this airline is on its way again to one of the best, good on them.
Aircraft777-200 and 380
RouteAuckland to London via Kuala Lumpur

Review by (Slovakia) 12th June 2015

SIN-KUL on MH602 and KUL-LHR on MH4, the first flight left on time, staff were very friendly and attentive and the aircraft was in excellent condition, but there was a 4 hour delay on MH4. They offered us a free meal voucher and we left on scheduled time at 14:00. The A380 is excellent and super-comfortable even in economy class, staff were nice and the food was good as well, we've had two full meals and one snack on 13hrs flight. However, because of the delay and the few other delayed and cancelled flights I've seen at the airport I wouldn't fly with them again.
RouteSIN-KUL and KUL-LHR

Review by (Australia) 11th June 2015

We travelled MH21, CDG-KUL, June 6 on A380. The difference compared with our previous experience was fantastic and we have travelled Malaysian extensively over the past 12 years. Staff were happy and friendly, service was great, food the best I had had on an aircraft in a long time. Great work MAS, I hope the trend continues. Onward flight on MH135, KUL-BNE was also good but the business class seats on the A330 are a poor product comfort wise and need to be replaced.
AircraftAirbus A380