Vote Now

Malaysia Airlines

"fed up with this airline"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. First their system turned my booking status to closed despite I made my check in 2 hours before the boarding time. I waited for almost 2 hours at KLIA ticket counter with many calls to the Careline in both Malaysia and Fiji. They managed to get a ticket after two hours. I have been informed that my returning flight has to postponed to the next day which is 4 March where it supposed to be on 3 March. They gave the excuse that the flight was fully booked on 3 march which sounds ridiculous to me as there are plenty of seats from their website! I'm really fed up with this airline.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"policy of no alcoholic drinks"

Verified Review | Singapore to Langkawi via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines. Our overall impression was good; staff were professional and smiling, aircraft were clean with no apparent faults. Both sectors departed on time and arrived slightly early. Recliner leather seats in 2-2 layout are fine for short sectors. But, and it's a big but: Malaysia's policy of no alcoholic drinks on shorter sectors is lamentable. With so much low cost carrier competition in the region MH needs to do better to attract and retain premium passengers. Sub contractor check in staff at SIN were impolite and very lazy.
RouteSIN to LGK via KUL
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"were told system are down"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur. Totally disappointed. On my return flight from London, we had to wait for almost 2 hours standing in queue just for boarding pass to be issued. We are then served by unprofessional customer service counter staff. Standing in the queue for 2 hours and with an elderly, makes everyone restless and tired especially its morning flight. We were told system are down and we will be allocated seats that we have chosen during online check-in. I make a request to just have my elderly mother to be seated beside my sister. It was turned down by him given the same reason as system are done. Hence, we are seated separately. However, during queuing to board the plane I overheard a customer service lady staff telling a lady infront of us that she can only get her seats to be seated together with her partner if they have paid the additional cost for the seat tickets during booking. I ask for it while its my turn but she told me a different story and it can't be done as the system are down. I was disappointed and proceed on as the given seats. The last draw that makes me write this review was that I found out that the whole row seats in front of me are taken up by a family of 6 or 7, which continued to the same row in the middIe seating. I paid more to book an aisle seats, and my allocated are window seats. I will not be recommending Malaysia Airlines even if the tickets are cheap. Delayed flights in both London and KUL, back to SIN.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"£100 to add 5 letters onto my name"

Verified Review | I booked a flight from Denpasar to London via Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines as it was one of cheapest. I booked under the name Alex, whereas my passport name is Alexander. I have done this a few times before and it has never been a problem, as it only takes 3 seconds for an employee to add 5 characters into a computer. I received a message from my agent saying Malaysia Airlines would not let me fly unless I paid a fee of £100 to add 5 letters onto my name. I spoke to Malaysia Airlines customer service who were nothing but rude and unempathetic about my situation. Whilst not only costing me an arm and a leg to add something so simple, it has ruined the last few days of my holiday trying to resolve the issue.
RouteDPS to LHR via KUL

"happy with my flight"

Verified Review | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur with Malaysia Airlines. I got this flight using MHupgrade - bidding to upgrade from Economy to Business. Check-in was quick and easy. The Golden Lounge in Melbourne Airport was old, one could possibly use the Qantas Business lounge due to One World alliance reciprocal privileges. There was only one entry to the aircraft so boarding passengers were slower. Upon boarding, pre-flight drinks were promptly served. After take-off, the satay was served and I maintain that this is one of the best satay I've ever experienced. My main meal was the Cod and Salmon duo - seared fillets of salmon and cod, accompanied with wasabi-infused mashed potato, baby carrots and lobster sauce. This was a pre-selected meal using Chef-on-Call service. I was satisfied and I didn't have dessert by choice. Inflight entertainment was good enough to keep me entertained. The seats transforms into a flat bed which is comfortable enough for a nap. The touch sensitive control panels for the seat is situated in an awkward location where my elbows will inadvertently make contact with them and unexpectedly move my seat. Storage space varies from seat to seat due to the asymmetrical arrangement of the seats. I was seated on aisle seat 2E. Cabin crew were attentive, professional and efficient. Upon arrival in KL international airport, the customs and immigration queue for Business Class passengers were so long because there was only one dedicated counter open at the time. All in all, I am happy with my flight, but there are certain things that can be improved, particularly the speed of boarding and clearing customs / immigration.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"have improved their services"

(China)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. I got this air ticket by redeeming my miles, the kiosks of Malaysia Airlines are very convenient and easy to use. The boarding was great, they asked parents with children and elderly to board the flight first. The airplane wasn't new but was clean. Each seat was given a pillow and blanket, and the inflight entertainment was wonderful since there are a lot of movies to be chosen. Their cabin crew are very polite and professional, they served the meals with great care. Malaysia Airlines makes a great improvement in their inflight meal. The curry chicken was very tasty, compared with last time I flew with MAS. Cabin crew served a lot of choices of beverage, including red wine. The lavatory was a bit old, but clean and without any smell. Malaysia Airlines have improved their services and meals very much.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Beijing
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"return of the excellent service"

Verified Review | I fly from London (LHR) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) return twice a year with Malaysia Airlines. On this flight, it is nice to see improvements, such as the catering. The A380 toilets looks worn but well kept. The toilets were cleaned frequently by the cabin crew nonetheless. There are many movies on the inflight entertainment system, however it is hard to navigate through them. What really stood out from this flight were the cabin crew. Despite the challenges faced by the airline, it is nice to see the return of the excellent service, which Malaysia Airlines is famous for.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2017

"not a single person has got back to me"

Verified Review | London Heathrow to Sydney return via Kuala Lumpur. Whilst the process of flying with Malaysia Airlines was satisfactory, one of my bags was delayed by 4 days on the flight out. In the first case I had no indication from the airline as to whether it was lost forever, or would arrive in a day, week, or month. This was just the beginning of the poor correspondence, and eight weeks later I am still yet to have a single email or telephone call answered by them. I've tried telephone, email, facebook, and even twitter, and still not a single person has got back to me. Probably the worst service I've ever received.
RouteLondon to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2016

"the flight was mediocre"

Verified Review | Seoul to Kuala Lumpur. After calling Malaysia Airlines weeks before the scheduled departure to add frequent flyer information and seating requests (due to being unable to add this information on there website) we had an interesting experience at check in. I was travelling with my partner and after confirming that we were seated next to each other in a 2-4-2 configuration It was a surprise to find the check in agent had moved us into completely different rows and seats. After receiving the boarding passes we raised this with the agent. He then informed us that there were no two seats next to each other available. After showing him the MAS seat selection confirmation he quickly changed his tone and put us in our original seats. This was truly puzzling. The flight was mediocre. IFE minimal and meals sub-par. I've felt MAS has slipped over the past couple of years.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"improve on basic customer services skills"

(Malaysia)

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu. Travelled Economy with 2 elderly pax, 1 pax with wheelchair assistance and a child. Upon arrival from Tokyo Haneda proceeded to the transfer counter at KLIA satellite building. The staff was edgy and made no eye contact. Thereafter prior to boarding at gate B11 for MH2646 the boarding gate staff reluctantly attended to us. She was impatient with the 2 elderly passengers when they were quite slow in producing the documents. Inflight service was no better. Flight crew were rude and no interest in customer service and throughout the flight made it look as though they were simply forced to work. Food was inedible. Cabin looked tired and dirty. Toilets were no better. Overall the service on this domestic sector was not commendable at all. MH seriously needs to improve on the basic customer services skills if they ever want to be on top again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu