Airline of the Year

Malaysia Airlines

"They have certainly improved"

Verified Review | Denpasar to Kuala Lumpur. Flight was on time. Check in was a brisk. The flight is new for 737 standard, better than budget airlines. Inflight entertainment is not bad with some latest movies. I am satisfied with the selection, more than some airlines. Food warm and tasty. I think they have changed their menu. Liquor was served. Flight attendants were attentive. They have certainly improved. Keep up the well job done !
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur

"inflight entertainment limited"

Verified Review | Bangalore to Seoul via Kuala Lumpur. The flights are basic 737, the options on inflight entertainment are limited. Though the food was just okay they had no option of selecting the Food type (Indian Veg Type) during the Check in process or at least the food type selected. Even though I booked through the Veg Food my travel from Malaysia to Korea, the Crew has no Info on this. Flight maintained the timing on departure and arrival. Select this flight If the service is given to your city to connect to Malaysia.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 737
RouteBangalore to Seoul via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2017

"stewardess who was pleasant"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. The flight was very good and service was excellent. There was a stewardess who was pleasant, energetic and excellent in her service. On my return on the same airline, the crew was ok but not to the standard of the previous staff.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2017

"Very poor customer service"

Verified Review | Flight operated by Emirates. Our flight was delayed on the way to Cambodia. We missed our connection and were redirected to another flight but the airline did not communicate together and Malaysia Airlines cancelled our flight back as we did not show up for them on the flight to Cambodia. After our holidays, we went back to the airport. The agent could not find our tickets and refused to help us. We were stuck in Cambodia. We called Emirates and Malaysia Airlines. Emirates was not able to issue the tickets while Malaysia Airlines wanted us to pay extra. After spending 5 hours over the phone, the airline booked us a ticket for the next day. They did not want to pay for the extra night. The next day we went to the airport but they just made a reservation but no ticket was issued. The agent helped us to issue the tickets. Once in Kuala Lumpur, we realised our flight was not booked for Dubai. I had to ask for the duty manager and after waiting for 2 hours, our tickets were issued. Once in Dubai, we had a technical issue and had to wait for 2 hours in the plane. I sent a complaint to Malaysia Airlines but they reply 6 months later saying that we have been redirected and they will not pay for the bill. Very bad airline, avoid them at all costs! Very poor customer service.
RouteParis to Siem Reap via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2016

"complacent and cutting corners"

Verified Review | Beijing to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur. Booked business class as birthday gift for my girlfriend. Cabin was very cold. Business class only had very thin blankets from economy. No amenities kit. Seem to be a bit complacent and cutting corners. Golden Lounge regional closed at Kuala Lumpur during transfer. Very average experience. Air China lounge in Beijing is hot and disgusting.
RouteBeijing to Denpasar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2017

"value for money for ticket"

Verified Review | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur. We encounter 40 minute delay for depart, due to the plane arrive late. Besides that not so bad, overall the cabin staff provide good services. There one highlight which MAS alway have promotion and price even cheaper than budget airline, value for money for ticket.
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur

"pretty standard flight"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. A pretty standard flight overall of just 50 minutes. We got a orange juice with salted peanuts. Seats were average and legroom was enough for this short flight. IFE system was present in this 738 but i did not use it. It's the same system Malaysia Airlines uses in their A330's.
AircraftB737-800
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2017

"never use Malaysia Airlines again"

Verified Review | Perth to London via Kuala Lumpur. The onboard service we got was fine. The issue is the head office. We've flown several times Australia-Europe. Never a hassle. Early 2016 we booked our flights. Sep 2016 the agent emails us with an unintelligible email which we gathered said 2 of the 4 legs were cancelled. The agent wouldn't help us. We contacted Malaysia direct who seemed quite keen for us to cancel our entire flights. Then tried to book us alternatives requiring an 8 hour KL stopover which we refused. They eventually gave us flights leaving in the early hours of the morning from Perth. We grudgingly accepted them as we had dependent arrangements in London. We looked up the replacement flights at the time on the booking website and they were cheaper than the daytime flights we'd originally booked by approx A$150 per person (x4). We contacted their head office who gave us an email address to use to ask for refunds of the difference. They have never replied to us prior to the flight. After we returned I followed them up again and they replied quickly saying that because we'd already completed the flights we couldn't get a refund. When I pointed out that they'd ignored my refund request before we flew they came back and just reiterated that it was too late. Totally unreasonable behaviour in my book. I also wrote to their CEO who also ignored me. The whole saga was a stressful hassle and we have never been listened to. We categorically will never use Malaysia Airlines again, their head office couldn't care less about customer satisfaction.
RoutePerth to London via KL
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"slowly gaining my trust"

Verified Review | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. Check-in through mobile and easy to navigate around. I am able to save my boarding pass on my iPhone Wallet app which makes it easier. However at the check-in counter Malaysia Airlines will still print a hardcopy of boarding pass for you. The ground staff lacks control when the passengers are boarding the plane. Passengers board altogether instead of according to seat allocations, passengers with special assistance, families with infants and children, business class, Enrich gold and silver members etc. This has not changed since the last time I flew with Malaysia Airlines in February 2017. Peanuts and drinks including alcoholic beverage served as soon aircraft is airborne. For dinner there was a choice of chicken with wedges or fish with rice. Dinner also comes with dinner roll, coleslaw and tiramisu. Generous portion and deliciously cooked, fish is beautifully prepared. Overall Malaysia Airlines is slowly gaining my trust after years of mismanagement of the airline. If they continue to improve their services and offer competitive price, I don't see why I will not choose to fly with Malaysia Airlines.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownApril 2017

"overall a pleasant trip"

Verified Review | Malaysia Airlines check-in at Perth is seamless and easy, especially when you have done web check-in so you can avoid the long queue. Although the incoming flight from Kuala Lumpur is late, the cabin crew worked quickly to reduce the delay time which is greatly appreciated. Boarding was quick and easy. Plenty of legroom for seat at 9C which makes the journey more comfortable for taller passengers. Seats were comfortable. I had the Nasi Lemak and I was excited when the cabin crew mentioned nasi lemak is an option for breakfast. Well cooked and even at 10,000 feet up in the air, it still tastes authentic and delicious. Breakfast also comes with croissant, yoghurt, muesli bar and fruits, orange juice and choice of coffee or tea. What is weird though is that breakfast is served at 3am when the flight is scheduled to arrive in Kuala Lumpur at 8am. I would prefer to have breakfast served around 5 or 6 am in the morning. Inflight entertainment - Going Places magazine is easy to read and lots of interesting articles. However it maybe a little too thin for longer journeys such as KUL-SYD or KUL-LHR. Overall a pleasant trip with Malaysia Airlines.
RoutePerth to Kuala Lumpur